Other What are the most annoying things you see on social media?

This is just a pet peeve of mine for personal reasons, and this extends past social media and into (mostly) high schoolers' conversations. Still, I'm not fond of "jokes" about being depressed because of an event in a TV show/anime/book or something that's happened in your life, when by the way the person is talking they don't actually suffer from depression (as I do) and therefore don't actually know what it's like and how awful it can be. The "kill myself" jokes fall in that same vein for me - it's not okay to joke about that type of stuff, just like joking about obesity or cancer or mental disabilities isn't okay. Maybe it just hits me harder because of the unfortunate passing of two students at my high school last year, but it's something I just can't stand and might be the reason I don't like going back to my high school or spending too much time on anything social media related. It's a shame I can't enjoy myself on them unless I find an anime meme, but I guess that's what I've come to.

Why should people change their minds to suit you or anyone else?

Unlike the vast majority of people who actually are decent human people, I am of the actual belief that opinions are water and any who do not shift with the changing tides are invalidating themselves through their own fallacious ideas.

Human civilization has never been static, and societies are an ever-changing dynamic. If people are steadfast to their beliefs, then they do not understand society.

So yes, if you do not agree with me you are wrong.

Feel free to prove otherwise, and I will reciprocate if I find it convincing.

Im of the opinion that opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they almost always stink.

so change my mind they should be changed

Last edited:
I think I'm the only person who has like 20 friends on Facebook, all of whom I know irl and see regularly/are family of mine. I have no twitter, nor instagram, no tiktok or snapchat. I have a LinkedIn profile for professional reasons as most of my clients look on there for freelancers. So, the annoyances of such platforms are reduced a lot for me. I did join a few groups on FB about my hobbies but found they didn't post much about it so I went back to specialized fora.

Im of the opinion that opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they almost always stink.

so change my mind they should be changed

Irrelevant, you responded to me. I have no reason to make you change your mind, nor are you open to it. Hence the problem.

People who put boring shit on their snapchat stories, like walking their dog or eating a taco. Shits not very interesting.

Abuse of memes, e.g. people on here calling everyone they don't like a Karen is the cringiest shit ever. It's not even used for just entitled people, literally just anyone who happens to be the antagonist in whatever the personal anecdote is. Same goes for the "No one:" meme, as people often use it when somone is being interviewed and asked things.

People sharing a bunch of political shit on Facebook, like just stay in groups discussing that.

All the tests and quizzes being shared are cancer.

Bots adding you, or people you don't really know adding you.

Facebook creating notifications if there are none, like "someone posted something in this group you're in". Just don't ping me for that shit.

I don't know if Reddit is a social media but the political bias is overwhelmingly leftist, to the point where the politics subs are completely useless if you want election news.

Poems in profile picture posts are cringy.

I feel like the majority of memes are bad, but the good ones make up for it.

Reaction gifs, keep it on 4chan please.

The #1 for me is conspiracy theories, or really any headline that is so obviously sensationalized or even outright false.

Fake News, Drive By Media, modern day yellow journalism

Especially now. A lot of the information coming out now is actually potentially life-threatening, such as downplaying COVID-19. Like, people read these articles and then think there's no need for social distancing.

i hate when people post TMI, especially about their kids
like, please, i did not come on here to read about your kid's pee and poop disasters D:

This will come off as "obvious", but...stigmatization.

This happens way too often. A person who likes K-Pop? They're some freaky stalker-fan who only ever talks about their idols. Feminist from the LGBT community? They're obviously just going to spout LGBT stuff non-stop, and may even one of those extremists. Some religous Christian? They'll never shut up about Jesus, and probably hold some weird traditionalist views. Popular people? They're just thots who are way too materialistic, and would never appreciate what a "nerd" would like.

Look. I'm not going to defend everything in existence, because there are definitely examples of the things I just said in each group. But you really can't just relegate someone to some archetype for liking something, or for identifying with one thing or another. People aren't that simple and no matter how much you act like they are--maybe out of jealousy, maybe out of annoyance, maybe out of ignorance--you can literally not just sum up their entire character to that one thing. But you see it happen a lot everywhere, and from all groups of people to everybody...like you can't be passionate about something, but still be a person separate from it.

The religious, political, gaming, arguments where whoever is trying to argue their point as the right one will use a bunch of words, from a dictionary, they probably don't know or resort to posting memes as if that makes matters any better.

Someone doing clickbait on YouTube just to get "views"
I mean, COME ON PEOPLE!! If you want views, at least make it interesting!_

I find most internet content and social media pretty ridiculous. I'm a private person and so it's beyond me. I have a face book account but that's pretty much it. Just to keep in touch with family but I rarely post anything on it. I guess, the most obnoxious thing about the internet and like social media to me is the perpetuating of one's ego.
I'm a pretty simple and humble individual. When I see too much " look at me" or " look at this" or "like me like me like me". I get literally exhausted lol. I miss the times you had to wait to get to a friends place to flip through a photo album or had tea with a friend. I'm introverted but I enjoy company better than a computer screen.

Passive aggressive posts. If you don't like someone or don't like what someone does, just un-add them and move on. Feel like people make it a bigger deal than it needs to be when you can manage your friends list and what people see.

That's the only thing that bothers me aside from the spreading of misinformation and the common ugliness of just being nasty to people. I hate seeing posts of people shaming others for doing harmless, fun things. Again, just un-add them.

I agree on all, they’re all hella annoyin, but what’s pretty bad is NSFW posts. Yes on the caption you said “WARNING, THIS HAS NSFW POSTS, DON’T REPORT ME, I WARNED YOU“ it’s just like the poor excuse of “Don’t like, don’t watch/comment”, both are silly, dumb, and people won’t listen. This has been a hella bruh moment. 🌸😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back