Experiences The Weirdest Thing You've Googled for a RP

Different types of walking sticks. It's a bit mundane, but now my character carries yogurt everywhere since tippling cane is a thing.

I investigated how fast and how high someone, specifically a Pokemon character, would have to jump straight up to avoid being struck by a tank, and at what speed relative to the character the tank would be going to generate injuries based off of how we guessed their fictional skeleton and body could take an impact. The end result was a very short inspirational story about the Lucario who tried but couldn't.

All the mythological beings. I am particular fond of the goat from Norse mythology that produces mead instead of milk (do a lot with that in stories).

How hydroponics systems work, raw diets for pets, how to do pasture rotations, and other hobby farm related facts.

Also DIY chicken coops out of wardrobes.

Lastly how much authors actually make per book (that ended up with me realizing my OC has to be independently wealthy AND an author)

The only thing I can think of at the moment is how much nutrition you get from human meat as well as what the cuts of meat would be called. In the process I learned that cannibalism isn't actually illegal.

Edit: apparently it tastes like veal, for anyone who is curious.

cannibalism isn't actually illegal.
giphy.gif

Fun story. A journalist got to try some to write about it. He said it tasted like veal. Killing to eat someone is illegal, but just eating human flesh is totally fine XD
I... I kinda want to make an RP now where a bunch of humans escape a fantasy farm, where orcs are planning to eat them, or something...

I... I kinda want to make an RP now where a bunch of humans escape a fantasy farm, where orcs are planning to eat them, or something...

It may amuse you to learn there's a restaurant chain in one of my settings called The Pulled Pig, which sells cloned human meat.

It may amuse you to learn there's a restaurant chain in one of my settings called The Pulled Pig, which sells cloned human meat.
I missed the "one of my settings" part and was EXTREMELY ALARMED about your local IRL cuisine.

It's hard to remember all the things I've searched. Most recently would probably be a lot about pirates, including how they treated prisoners and different punishments that they would do to them and to crew members that disobeyed. Strangest thing I can think of right now would probably be looking up medieval torture methods. I think I've searched weirder things trying to find reference pictures for drawing though, hahaha.

Nothing super unusual really that I can immediately remember, although some of my search history would make people wonder if I'm a serial killer. I have researched different methods to kill people, usually by means of poisoning, since I had a character who specialized in that.

Recently I've had to do some research on how to assassinate someone...
I figured out how much an average hit costs and the best ways to become a hitman...
Don't want to be explaining that search history to anyone, let alone the authorities.

Nothing super unusual really that I can immediately remember, although some of my search history would make people wonder if I'm a serial killer. I have researched different methods to kill people, usually by means of poisoning, since I had a character who specialized in that.
Anybody who actually wonders that about you has no business doing so, just like a stranger shouldn't diagnose you. Even without that research people killed in sequences peculiar enough to be considered serial, the only things you need to kill are determination and the bare minimum of opportunity; anything else, it can be argued are mere grim aesthetics. Weapons are everywhere, suspicion is constant.

Effects of white phosphorus on humans.

Nasty stuff, but I had to do it for science and my RP.

Effects of white phosphorus on humans.

Nasty stuff, but I had to do it for science and my RP.
Yea, nasty stuff indeed. There's a reason it's banned from use in combat. Anyone utilizing it becomes a war criminal.

Victorian age male underwear.
Not sexy.

Also researched the space-time continuum and the anatomy of the human shoulder and skull...
The history of Pablo Gilbert
And how to perform an eye surgery...
1800s East India trading company ships...
How to perform an exorcism...
How to build a molotov cocktail...
The behavior of a queen bee and its swarm and how that could be transferred to be used as a battle strategy of aliens with a collective memory....
And the effect of mass and size of a comet in the event of an impact with earth...
An old legend about a female ghost with the ability to rip its upper body off its lower body...
The groundwater level in a certain area in Montana...
Pictures of the hands of mummies in comparison to hands with massive burn scars...

And it doesn't get better from there xD

When I get scientific for an RP I get REALLY scientific for it, like I will look up exact measurements for bite force, size measurements, the works

The most recent thing I had to look up was migration paths for certain sea creatures, and there's many instances of me looking up if injecting someone with a syringe full of air will ACTUALLY kill them or not (not disclosing if this was for an RP or just my curiosity)

I also know many, many, many, MANY ways to kill a person. Blame Temperance Brennan and Dr. Reid for this one. And also my mother, for basically raising me on those shows 😅

I tried to look up what would happen if you injected perfume into your bloodstream... No one's been stupid enough to do it yet, I suppose.

And same with the "weight of a limb" jig. Amputee character was joking about having lost some weight, robot character had to come up with an accurate response.

Actually ... this HAS been researched, just not directly as every perfume is different. Just look up the toxicity of the individual ingredients.

The legality of vigilantism. Turns out there are no laws against vigilantism. (Kind of a surprise). However, the things that vigilantes do often end up being illegal (like B&E, assault and battery, illegal possession of weaponry, invasion of privacy ....) The example chosen by the legal source I found was Batman, with more specific laws regarding the legality of police using his evidence in a courtroom based in a presumed location for Gotham (New Jersey as I recall).

Most recently? Evidence for the existence of mermaids. LOL, had a little fun with that one as the most famous historical description of a mermaid was made in the journal of Capt John Smith in 1614, who described the mermaid as having green hair. The Storyteller of the RP had a mermaid character - with green hair, assuming everyone would think it was just dyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back