Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

I'd love to do a wholesome family roleplay. like a dad and a daughter.
But everyone always thinks you mean incest no matter how clear you are.
so people either don't want to do or the ones that do are the ones that want incest.
Thats really sad that people think that way. I have seen this done in a really cute way before with an adopted daughter of sorts in a role play

I just want to put it out there that it's possible. I remember the plotline was really cute and well done and had no hint of creepy moments at all. There is hope <3
Thank you, I was beginning to think maybe I was a bit creepy (even though it is strictly platontic) either that or I would just have to write a novel on my own lol

An RP where players take on a mundane and hyper specific role, but in an unusual setting. Like being a funeral services company in a cyberpunk world making sure people don't get illegally uploaded to the matrix or OSHA inspectors in a high fantasy world checking if summoned demons are getting the proper insurance coverage and just ticket anyone to fill a quota by making up literal fantasy legislations, just some sort of mega tone dissonance with these The Office-ish mundane comedic stories in traditionally "epic" settings

I’d love to try rping a divergent consciousness, but shared body sort of thing. You know having two characters vie for control and take turns playing the ”same” character. It would be super interesting too, if the entities have opposite approaches to life - ie. optimist vs. pessimist. But I think you’d need a really good partner for that to keep things balanced and not too one-sided.

I’d love to try rping a divergent consciousness, but shared body sort of thing. You know having two characters vie for control and take turns playing the ”same” character. It would be super interesting too, if the entities have opposite approaches to life - ie. optimist vs. pessimist. But I think you’d need a really good partner for that to keep things balanced and not too one-sided.

sounds interesting, like a Jekkyl and Hyde type thing?

I wish my erp sites were as active as the vanilla ones. I have such a badass space pirate captain (completely OC, not fandom based), but there is no way to really present her in non-adult group/site. I've literally built the whole GALAXY setting from the ground up. Planets, alien species, FTL travel, other various important technologies etc. etc. But pitching it in adult groups is a lost cause. Pitching it in non-adult groups/sites is asking for a ban. lmao

This same superhero idea that I can never get off the ground.

Magical Girl. I'm not sure what it is about Magical Girl that seems SO incredibly hard to RP, but I haven't seen a successful one yet. Maybe it's the balance between fantasy elements and slice-of-life school elements that tend to accompany mahou shoujo content

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. There are few on here in favor of normal pokemon trainer RPs, but I want one that deviates from the normal PMD RP's. For me personally, I tend to go for adventure and natural over game logic. In other words, the pokemon know every move up to their start level, an egg move and a TM move, and their second/third ability can be learned. Plus, the environment plays a part in how battles go

A recent inspiration based on one of my favorite YouTube channels.

I love the ending, but I won't spoil that punch line.

Murdergurl Murdergurl That brings back memories. Back in my AD&D days (2nd edition) I had a half elf ranger who found a dented cowboy helm. Just had to have it. The GM had a saloon where the entry doors made the musical notes of the Good, Bad and the Ugly theme.

Medieval AUs or anything involving time travel.
Time travel is fun. I've had an idea for ages that revolves around that, but it's pretty complex and would require a large group.

Time travel is fun. I've had an idea for ages that revolves around that, but it's pretty complex and would require a large group.
Nah .. I have RP'd and GM'd for 45 years. I have had anywhere from 1-8 players at a time, most of whom were working professionals of college students in technical fields ... ie the top 1% sorts. (Sure, I will admit handling 8 players plus all the associated NPC's, plus scenario development was a chore.)

pikkkkk.jpgOkay, so I know I've been beating this dead horse into hamburger meat...
But I've definitely been putting some effort on the side to get around to pitching a space opera group setting: FTL travel, alien species, alien worlds, starship dogfights, space pirates, etc. I'm still nailing down the skeleton of the plot, as well as the general galaxy lore that I'm piecing together from multiple sources that I've written up in the past.

I'm honestly not sure how successful it will be in its recruitment, since my last few attempts at group RP didn't get the attention they needed in order to start up. But I remain ever vigilant in my efforts. I guess at this point I should recant my "I don't GM anymore" shpiel, because this will already be my fourth or fifth attempt this year to seriously GM a setting. But after watching the Group Requests for months, it's pretty much going to have to fall to me if I ever want to see the setting of my personal interest come about.

I'm probably going to wait until after the holidays to post it up, since I imagine a lot of people are busy with family and shopping and all that at this time of year. And this also makes it so I'm not rushing myself to put it out, either.

Last edited:
Honestly, that space opera game sounds awesome Murdergurl Murdergurl , and I have an absolute weakness of that sort of game and setting. I’m only just back on the site myself after an enforced absence but I’d be totally down for it when it goes up.

Honestly, that space opera game sounds awesome Murdergurl Murdergurl , and I have an absolute weakness of that sort of game and setting. I’m only just back on the site myself after an enforced absence but I’d be totally down for it when it goes up.
"enforced" absence?

Also, how does your profile still say New Member after a year and a half? Does it seriously take longer than that to graduate from such status?

But yeah, if you like Rping as other-than-human in a futuristic space setting rife with misadventure, I can give you a poke once it goes up.

Sorry, I should have elaborated, not physically unable to get on the site but I took a hiatus for IRL reasons so I’m only just getting back on the site again. I’d guess at my profile saying New Member because I don’t often leave messages on the boards, most if not all of my rp’ing here is done through DM’s.

Sorry, I should have elaborated, not physically unable to get on the site but I took a hiatus for IRL reasons so I’m only just getting back on the site again. I’d guess at my profile saying New Member because I don’t often leave messages on the boards, most if not all of my rp’ing here is done through DM’s.
ah, okay. "Enforced absence" made it sound like you got put on a temporary ban or something. lol

And I never knew that membership seniority was based on message count on the boards. Kinda doesn't make sense, cause by that count you could have a person that was super active in the boards theoretically post up a thousand comments in a couple of months, versus someone who had been on for a couple of years and just regularly chide in every week or so. but whatever, it's just a status tag that doesn't actually have any bearing. Just a little confusing at first glance.

But I digress...

As a group RP, this idea of mine will most definitely be done here in the forums. And I don't like diverting OOCC to Discord (as has become popular lately) because if done there, the OOCC basically starts to devolve into meme-sharing and other useless and off-topic discussion. Keeping the OOCC on-site seems to keep it more focused.

Last edited:
That’s cool with me, I’m not averse to forum rp’s, it’s just something I don’t tend to do all that often for one reason or another. Yeah I agree about discord, although often as a platform it’s easier to communicate in real-time there more often than not in my experience of using it it devolves into a mess where any useful information is lost within a load of crap or, even worse, arguments.

I’ll definitely keep my eyes posted for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back