Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

Something in the Star Wars universe. It has so much potential. I know these RP's do exist, but I'm adding it here as I'm hesitant to ever participate. I just feel like I'm not nearly familiar enough with the lore to do the universe justice.
I love Star Wars RPs... but I'm more of an Old Republic fan. Like, pretty much all the non-canon stuff outside of the movies and series. This is most definitely harder to find RPs in the theme of.

A Haikyuu!!, Kuroko no Basket, or any plot about sports teams and athletes. I adore the teamwork and friendships in sports manga/anime, but I seldom actually seem them role-played.

At the moment I have a silly little draft of a superhero rp that I wanna try out when the time is right. It would be focused on a superhero team fighting villains, with all the fun, flashy costumes and powers and stuff, but with a dark tone and real stakes (think the Invincible tv series (haven't read the comics))

A Haikyuu!!, Kuroko no Basket, or any plot about sports teams and athletes. I adore the teamwork and friendships in sports manga/anime, but I seldom actually seem them role-played.
I have no idea what Haikyuu is. but there was a rash of Rp reqs for them recently. I only remember only because I think of "haiku", and the thought of an rp being done in that writing style is amusing

Funnily enough on my previous site they did indeed have roleplays in haiku form. I never joined one but the premise was always interesting.

For stories I can’t seem to get off the ground ::

Craft magic inspired by Emelan series and a Triwizard Tournament AU plot for Harry Potter.

My other interests are at least niche enough I don’t really expect responses. But those two I had always assumed would be main stream enough to get bites. But nope.

Funnily enough on my previous site they did indeed have roleplays in haiku form. I never joined one but the premise was always interesting.

For stories I can’t seem to get off the ground ::

Craft magic inspired by Emelan series and a Triwizard Tournament AU plot for Harry Potter.

My other interests are at least niche enough I don’t really expect responses. But those two I had always assumed would be main stream enough to get bites. But nope.
Okay, I'm surprised by the HP one, especially with how popular HP RP's still are.

Okay, I'm surprised by the HP one, especially with how popular HP RP's still are.

I know right? And that plot I make more roleplay accessible by having each school pick two champions. So it’s easier to spread characters between players.

But not a single bite, everyone seems to want pairing things based on the canon plot.

I know right? And that plot I make more roleplay accessible by having each school pick two champions. So it’s easier to spread characters between players.

But not a single bite, everyone seems to want pairing things based on the canon plot.
I used to be on a HP site that was OC's only. There were always a lot of really good plots, but I ended up leaving because I did not fit into the community very well for an array of different reasons.

I used to be on a HP site that was OC's only. There were always a lot of really good plots, but I ended up leaving because I did not fit into the community very well for an array of different reasons.

I tried HP only sites in the past but it was never a happy medium. It was either so active/big I felt overwhelmed or basically dead.

I do like the general feel of this site it’s just frustrating sometimes because it feels like I never quite match up to other people’s expectations. Like I will see something that sounds promising but my take on it isn’t what the other person is interested in. Like with Harry Potter. Lots of roleplays, none of them quiet match up to what I wanna do.

I tried HP only sites in the past but it was never a happy medium. It was either so active/big I felt overwhelmed or basically dead.

I do like the general feel of this site it’s just frustrating sometimes because it feels like I never quite match up to other people’s expectations. Like I will see something that sounds promising but my take on it isn’t what the other person is interested in. Like with Harry Potter. Lots of roleplays, none of them quiet match up to what I wanna do.
Yea, it's tough when you have a very specific vision for something. I recently got ghosted because of an issue like this in a Hunger Games RP I wanted to do. The vision the member had just didn't mesh with my own.

I have no idea what Haikyuu is. but there was a rash of Rp reqs for them recently. I only remember only because I think of "haiku", and the thought of an rp being done in that writing style is amusing

Thank you so much for sending the link! <3

Haikyuu is an anime about high school volleyball players. I’d recommend it if you like sports anime. But I agree, it does sound like “haiku” poems. Lol

Something in the Star Wars universe. It has so much potential. I know these RP's do exist, but I'm adding it here as I'm hesitant to ever participate. I just feel like I'm not nearly familiar enough with the lore to do the universe justice.
I'd be down to do a Star Wars RP XD I remember back in 2014 making this huge plot for a Pokemon-esque Star Wars RP plot

Empire: Gotta catch 'em all the rebels! 🤣

Sorry XD
I'm really curious what the idea was!
I can pm it to you I kept it in a file i keep telling myself Im going to tweak it and make it better but never do XD

I can pm it to you I kept it in a file i keep telling myself Im going to tweak it and make it better but never do XD
Sure, if you don't mind sharing XD
It's not that I'm interested in rp, but really curious how you managed to pull it off 😁
I like Star Wars and Pokémon but never thought of a combination XD

Sure, if you don't mind sharing XD
It's not that I'm interested in rp, but really curious how you managed to pull it off 😁
I like Star Wars and Pokémon but never thought of a combination XD
pmed it to you XD

A roleplay in which you can only reply once a year, a roleplay without any out-of-character communication.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sending the link! <3

Haikyuu is an anime about high school volleyball players. I’d recommend it if you like sports anime. But I agree, it does sound like “haiku” poems. Lol
you're welcome. and no, it's not in my realm of interests.
I'm not into anime, and the only sports I kinda sorta get into are motorsports (I'm not into NASCAR!) But for me it's less about a team or particular player as it is about the appreciation of the machines themselves. Love me some Baja 1000 and King of Hammers

you're welcome. and no, it's not in my realm of interests.
I'm not into anime, and the only sports I kinda sorta get into are motorsports (I'm not into NASCAR!) But for me it's less about a team or particular player as it is about the appreciation of the machines themselves. Love me some Baja 1000 and King of Hammers

Ah, I see. It’s totally cool. I understand anime isn’t for everyone. ^^

I had to Google Baja 1000, but honestly, it looks really awesome and badass! It’s giving me Mad Max vibes and post-apoc arena of sports racing sort of. I can understand the appreciation of those large machines!

Starting to develop religious lore for my NationStates (nation-building game) nation has inspired me to want to do some sort of religious-based roleplay. That's about as far as I've gotten in terms of ideas.

Starting to develop religious lore for my NationStates (nation-building game) nation has inspired me to want to do some sort of religious-based roleplay. That's about as far as I've gotten in terms of ideas.
You're on Nationstates too? Maybe I've seen you around? Also, I'll PM you since we have similar RP interests.

Ah, I see. It’s totally cool. I understand anime isn’t for everyone. ^^

I had to Google Baja 1000, but honestly, it looks really awesome and badass! It’s giving me Mad Max vibes and post-apoc arena of sports racing sort of. I can understand the appreciation of those large machines!
there's different brackets to compete it. The trophy trucks are top-tier. A "Million dollar machine" that pretty much needs to be sponsored in order to be built and maintained. But (without getting too technical) you can run as buggies, dirt bikes, and "regular" trucks...to name a few. There are a ton of technical classes. But you get the idea.

Anyhow... I'm getting off topic.

You're on Nationstates too? Maybe I've seen you around? Also, I'll PM you since we have similar RP interests.
Probably not, as I didn't interact outside of my region, and I ended up leaving that region due to toxic behaviour. I'm trying to reboot my activity at the moment, but it's slow going and I've little to show for it. Been in the game for a while now though, coming up to 12 billion (in-game) population soon

Here's a whole bunch of ideas that I'll want to try at some point, but right now I don't really have the muse to roleplay any of them right now and I have zero experience in DMing.

Jenga: Just Jenga in a cozy living room. Jenga solves everyone's problems.

Honey we have guests, bring out the fine china:
a nice monster family invites you over for dinner. Their dinnerware is made entirely out of cemented human flesh, but they're being kind hospitable folk, nonetheless.

Cold War Monsters: Monsters go into hiding after War is declared against them by human militaries in the 1950s. nuclear weapon threats and all.

Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Characters have been cursed by horsemen of the apocalypse and are destined to bring ruin to the entire earth unless they can find a way to lift their curse. Each character has a trait that will either end or ruin the lives of people who have encountered them before ultimately claiming your characters' lives. One example is an ever-increasing army of creepy crawlies slowly but surely making their way to your character, consuming everything in its wake until they reach you. Originally, this was meant to go with an old storybook kind of world, something like Aspen's Fables and Grimms' Fairytales with talking animals and some sort of lesson in everything, but I've been wondering if I should switch it to a figurative motif in the setting instead of a literal world so that it would garner more interest.

Dragon Conservation Program: You’ve just shot down a dragon; considered to be one of the most critically endangered species on the planet. As an alternative to a million-dollar fee and 12 years in prison, you've been given the opportunity to be on parole in a secret dragon conservation program. If you help rehabilitate this one dragon in the back, separated from all the other dragons? You'll be free. Simple as that. It can go in any direction from there on out: stay and protect the dragons and help build their numbers up, escape and go back to your normal life (maybe try to bring a dragon back with you), try your damn hardest to kill every single dragon there and render dragonkind extinct, do whatever else isn't listed here. There may or may not be a twist at the end as well.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon x Magical Girl Stuff: An entire rescue team made up of fairy types beat the hell out of dragon type kaijus

HORRORLAND!!!: You and maybe your family walk through the gates of HORRORLAND!!! A 100000000-mile sidewalk stretches before your feet. You turn around to see that the gates have locked. You realize you just walked into hell. Totally not based on a youtube video.

The moon drifts away…: Horrors of the night bear witness to the raw power of a humongous beam, knocking the moon out of orbit. The moon slowly shrinks away until it is only a speck in the night sky. Despite their technological advancements and gargantuan claims to fame, humanity has denied its claim over this astronomical feat. The tides have stopped. The days are shorter. The climates are slowly becoming inhospitable. Earth is on the brink of calamity. Ready to accept your fate underneath the star-laden darkness, or join the search for what sent the planet into a slow crumbling death?

Scenarios: Based on old character questionnaires back in the 2000s- everyone comes up with a question and we play out scenarios back-to-back.

Cats!: Vaguely based on NOPE, heavily inspired by a youtube comment about cats in rodeos. Housecats all over the world have spontaneously grown to the size of horses overnight, causing havoc, destruction, and death in cat owners' homes. What is the first thought that came into some innovative minds? Catpitalism. Desperately trying to make bank off cats nearly a meter higher than tigers, the insane entertainment concoctions of these brilliant minds include but were not limited to cat rodeos, cat petting zoos, and a catucky derby! This can either turn into a comedy or a horror novel!

I'd love to do a wholesome family roleplay. like a dad and a daughter.
But everyone always thinks you mean incest (no matter how clear you think you are).
so people either don't want to do because of their assumption or the ones that do are the ones that want incest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back