Chitchat What are some crush struggles?

Senor_Fluffy

What happens when you don't clean your hair brush
Hello loves,

SO I am bisexual. I have done a pretty good job at keeping myself from crushing on those of the same gender as me... until about 2 months ago. I have a class with this person and we work in a group with some special ed kids. This person is so incredibly patient, fun loving , and hard working. They make these adorable noises when tired or frustrated and switch swears for things like "schnitzel." Thing is I don't even know if they are straight or not and don't want to make things awkward.

Doesn't help that someone who caught feelings for me a while back popped into my dms talking about how they couldn't get over me. The feelings of shame, not deserving affection and feeling like a hypocrite are pretty relevant.

But that is just me. Any of y'all struggling with a crush?

Maybe you can subtly hint at her the facts about your orientation? Like going to movies and making comments about how attractive a given actor/actress is or stuff like that. Something that feels somewhat natural, but also conveys that you have that sort of orientation to ease them into opening up about it?

As for the person in the DMs... I honestly have no good advice there. Not that the other one is exactly "professional" either.

This is obviously not the same thing, but I have this best friend, and I've basically had a crush on him since we were children. The way we interact seems a lot like we're dating, but of course, when I point this out to him, he tells me straight up that he's only ever seen me platonically. :T
Even though, you know, I've only ever cared about him and wanted him to be happy? Anyway.

I think it would be worthwhile to try to spend more time with this person you're crushing on first. Coming out of nowhere saying "I like you" would probably not be the best thing (it never is), and personally, I feel a little uncomfortable being told someone's orientation when I have no idea who they are, etc. (Though that will definitely help in the long run.) Go for the friends part first, and then see where things go.

As for DM person... they reek of desperation, even from here, and I'm sorry, but you need to skirt out of there FAST.

EDIT: IS THAT ONE THREAD TAG AN AVRIL LYRIC? OMGGGGG

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Besides, won't it also be awkward if you bottle it up and not say anything? It's not without risks, but as long as you accept & respect their answer things should be okay. No guarantees though, obviously everyone handles things differently.

As for the DMs guy, be honest & tell them it's not going to happen. (Though I'm guessing you already did?) If they can't accept it, I recommend you cut them outta your life because that's a red flag and can potentially get bad.

This is obviously not the same thing, but I have this best friend, and I've basically had a crush on him since we were children. The way we interact seems a lot like we're dating, but of course, when I point this out to him, he tells me straight up that he's only ever seen me platonically. :T
Even though, you know, I've only ever cared about him and wanted him to be happy? Anyway.

I think it would be worthwhile to try to spend more time with this person you're crushing on first. Coming out of nowhere saying "I like you" would probably not be the best thing (it never is), and personally, I feel a little uncomfortable being told someone's orientation when I have no idea who they are, etc. (Though that will definitely help in the long run.) Go for the friends part first, and then see where things go.

As for DM person... they reek of desperation, even from here, and I'm sorry, but you need to skirt out of there FAST.

EDIT: IS THAT ONE THREAD TAG AN AVRIL LYRIC? OMGGGGG
Awh thank you for sharing. It seems like you have a valuable friendship there. It is a shame it is unrequited.

Yeah I have been spending time with her and sharing as much as she does. A friendship would be just as rewarding imo.

Yeah I just made it clear nothing is changing and if he messages again Imma have to block.

DAMN RIGHT IT IS, nice catch haha ;)

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Besides, won't it also be awkward if you bottle it up and not say anything? It's not without risks, but as long as you accept & respect their answer things should be okay. No guarantees though, obviously everyone handles things differently.

As for the DMs guy, be honest & tell them it's not going to happen. (Though I'm guessing you already did?) If they can't accept it, I recommend you cut them outta your life because that's a red flag and can potentially get bad.
Oh yeah, as soon as I figure out which way they swing will determine if I go just friends or more than such. If I find out there is no chance I am not one to push it.

Yeah I already made it clear. If he keeps bringing it up I will block him or something

Can't quote because my internet's garbage. If they're a reasonable person, you should be good. If not, hey, at least you found out they're not worth your time.

Good plan, I had a stalker once (you really don't have to be interesting to get one, it can happen to anyone) & it's not a fun thing.

My crush is taken, and one of my friends, which means I'll never be able to tell him. This mainly sucks because whenever I talk to him I feel all nervous and school-girl-y and I absolutely hate myself for it because ugh emotions. He takes every single quality I thought I hated and makes it bearable, even likable. I've never wanted my feelings to be returned so bad and it hurts to know that realistically, it'll never happen.
Plus, I just feel guilty because I had to convince one of his friends that me and my crush aren't in some secret little thing (we got close quick and joke around a lot, people l i t e r a l l y thought we were flirting on multiple occasions. THAT was awkward-), and then MY CRUSH's FRIEND LITERALLY TOLD ME THAT HE LIKED ME
IT'S LIKE I'M IN SOME CLICHE TEEN DRAMA I- ughhhh
I want this boy so bad
but I need to get over it because it would literally be so selfish if I told him that I like him and it would ruin our friendship.
Rant Over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back