TV & Film What are of your current favourite movies or tv shows on Netflix?

Shows:
The Sandman was really good. I also really enjoyed Uncoupled, Meltdown: Three Mile Island, The Liberator, The Umbrella Academy, Alias Grace, and Russian Doll.

Movies:
The Champion of Auschwitz, Look Both Ways, and The Harder They Fall are a few movies I’ve watched on Netflix in the last few months that are pretty good.

I will forever recommend the movie Prospect (2018). It’s got Sophie Thatcher and Pedro Pascal. It’s basically the gold rush but in space. The lore throughout is SO good, but you’ve really got to pay attention to context clues to understand some of it.

I might be partial to it because of a fanfic I read post-movie, and maybe that will throw some of you off but holy HECK… The way the author portrayed the characters is so on point and I’ve never read a better example of grief while the person you are mourning is still alive. If you want the name, feel free to PM me. I’d love to hear your thoughts about it.

Bojack Horseman is...possibly the best TV show ever made.

Once you get about halfway through the first season, at least. Then it only gets better from there. Just...stick with it, the first few episodes do feel like slightly funnier and more self aware Family Guy.

Haunting of Hill House is also very good! And I hate horror, mostly. It's biggest horror is the characters and how realistic they feel. You've probably had family members just like each of the main characters before, and it makes the legitimately unnerving horror so much better.

SEA BEAST SEA BEAST SEA BEAST
IT’S SO GOOD
OH MY GOODNESS YES!!!
I watched it again last night!!!

On topic. Everything Everywhere All At Once. Such an awesome movie! I regret not being able to see it in theaters.

La Brea
Celebrity Family Feud
Night Sky until Prime canceled it. Grrr.

I've just started watching The Last Kingdom, and then I'll probably move onto the new season of Warrior Nun.

Oh, right now, I’m deep into Money Heist/La Casa de Papel! It was giving me V for Vandetta vibes and I adore that movie! I’m watching it with my friend while we study. It’s so good that I forget what I’m supposed to be doing! I think I’ll watch the Korean version of it when I finish as I’ve seen it floating around Netflix too. ^ ^

Been rewatching Superstore, but as far as Netflix originals go I can recommend The House

The first two seasons of Stranger Things have to be a comfort show for me. I don't really like the series beyond that, personally, but I know there's plenty of folks who do!

I've really enjoyed You. It's wild, very twisted, and does demand quite a lot of suspension of disbelief, but the main character is fantastic.

I've really enjoyed You. It's wild, very twisted, and does demand quite a lot of suspension of disbelief, but the main character is fantastic.
It's a show I really need to watch, I watched some of season 3 with my sister and it was great. I love the ending scene with Exile playing

It's a show I really need to watch, I watched some of season 3 with my sister and it was great. I love the ending scene with Exile playing
Same! And the narration that goes over it.... chefs kiss.

Would definitely recommend checking the rest of it out. The first half of Season 4 just dropped on Netflix, actually.

Same! And the narration that goes over it.... chefs kiss.

Would definitely recommend checking the rest of it out. The first half of Season 4 just dropped on Netflix, actually.
I've been getting ads for it on spotify! I didn't realise s4 was already out! will have to check out

Lucifer
Stranger Things

Archer (on Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)

Last edited:
We have a Ghost-movie
Yes Day-movie
Enola Holmes 1 and 2-movies
Outer Banks-show
The Haunting of Hill House-House-show
The Haunting of Bly Manor-show
Sweet Tooth-show

I recently re-watched Pitch Black. Honestly, I liked that movie way more than the subsequent Riddick movies that followed it. Though, I would hardly call it a favorite. Nothing I see on Netflix rates high enough for me to be a "favorite".

andor was the last series i watched and it was amazing

planning to do an anime exchange with my sib later this week. their samurai champloo for my gurren lagann

I'm not on Netflix anymore since they took down all the best shows: Galavant, The Office, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back