Anime & Manga What anime should I watch? (◕ᴗ◕✿)

9d4ad87b-5963-45a7-bd55-37678420ad51_zpszxyw74iq.png

Silver Tsar Silver Tsar

Do you have any other anime recommendations? :P

Meowfyre Meowfyre

tumblr_lev8c8QzVJ1qcjpry.gif

Second One Punch Man. Also Blacker Then Dark - another really interesting take on the supernatural/superpowers genre.

Soul-crushing and bizarre?

Have you, by chance, heard of Mononoke? The premise sounds pretty generic, it's essentially about an exorcist getting rid of demons, but a) it's utterly psychedelic in style and incredibly stylish, b) the demons in this world are born partially of strong human feelings, which are usually a result of some tragedy and the tragedies in this anime are really brutal. Plus, the stories are genuinely good.

Another favorite of mine is Serial Experiments Lain. It's an older piece and it will really confuse you in the beginning, but it's real wild ride. I'd say that Texhnolyze is even more depressing.

Mouryou no Hako is another rather bizarre series about murders and supernatural elements derived from Buddhism and Shintoism.

Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku is more soul-crushing than bizarre and portrays issues such as child soldiers and horrors of war in general.

Kaiba was pretty soul-crushing at times too, I can't remember the number of times I teared up.

Silver Tsar Silver Tsar
I have seen both of those and they are excellent.

Meowfyre Meowfyre

It's one of my favorites :P

Myrta Myrta
Dude, you're my hero. I haven't heard of any of these, thank you so much!

ShadowFax ShadowFax
I haven't heard of that one. I'll look into it!

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo
I'm hella broke, I'd rather not pay for a visual novel or try and get it through other means. Maybe I'll watch a walkthrough though?

Last edited:
How about The Fruit of Grisaia? One of the few anime that made me cry.

Play the visual novel instead. It's much better than the anime. The anime is more meant as a bonus for people who actually played the game.

I didn't like steins gate. It had an interesting premise, but it just turned into generic wacky anime antics after it.

Either the anime Re;zero, or the manga version of Pandora Hearts (Or the anime one too, but it's not as good)

D driving directions
I didn't like Fairy Tale, but I'll maybe give Masamune-kun no Revenge a try when it's finished. C: Thank you

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy Meowfyre Meowfyre
I actually really liked Steins;Gate. I even got the visual novel for it. I could have done without some aspects or the sexist/transphobic fanservice, but the characters and premise were really cool.

Oath__ Oath__
I've watched a little bit of Pandora's Heart, but I never finished it. Not sure why though, I don't remember anything putting me off. I'll probably revisit it. And I am actually currently watching Re:Zero. Thank you!

YOU WANT SOUL CRUSHING HOW ABOUT JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURES WITH A SIDE OF JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURES
/joke

Anyways, if you want straight depressing as hell anime. 100% recommend White Album, White Album 2, and Kuzu No Honkai (Scum's Wish).

TPBx TPBx

WHATRE YOU TALKN ABOUT JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURES SPEAKS TO MY HEART

White Album was one of those animes that I just stopped watching for some reason, but I'll give it another go eventually. Kuzu no Honkai looks amazing though, and I put it up higher on my list of things to watch. C:

D driving directions
I didn't like Fairy Tale, but I'll maybe give Masamune-kun no Revenge a try when it's finished. C: Thank you

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy Meowfyre Meowfyre
I actually really liked Steins;Gate. I even got the visual novel for it. I could have done without some aspects or the sexist/transphobic fanservice, but the characters and premise were really cool.

Oath__ Oath__
I've watched a little bit of Pandora's Heart, but I never finished it. Not sure why though, I don't remember anything putting me off. I'll probably revisit it. And I am actually currently watching Re:Zero. Thank you!

Good man. Stiens gate was awesome,but yea the rukako stuff was a little weird. xD Also the sexist stuff is part of the shtick. You gotta open your mind to the wonderful world of hoenhiem kyouma!

In stiens;gate 0 that mind is all but gone :(

A great candidate for something dark and possibly soul crushing in some regard, has to go to Monster, watch the dub of it, it's something that is great if you like psychological mystery thrillers.

Have you tried watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid? It's quite entertaining and sort of reminds me of Nichijou mixed with supernatural themes, except with a bit more plot. It's very light hearted and the comedy kept me entertained the entire time. This was definitely not a show that was difficult for me to finish. I eagerly enjoyed watching episode after episode of MKDM!
ea2911e3f145919b2339d7c107d13ff5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back