• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

What a Magical Thing

{Nancy}
C3406057-1481142951912735large.jpg

The argument had been pushed too far. Parker had made some justifiable points why she reacted the way she did. Nancy bobbed her head a couple times to show she understood where she was coming from. The touch of the other was surprising and fought against the urge to pull her hand away. A tingling sensation started happening while the other murmured quietly, nothing that Nancy could make out. The burn was gone. The blonde jaw dropped open as she brought the hand up closer to inspect.

“Thanks.” she replied quietly, opening and closer her hand without any pain. That was astonishing and she couldn’t help but inspect her hand closer, amazed the burn was gone already. The lasagna was moved to the center of the table, this time with the proper mittens protecting her hands. The garlic toast was brought over to set next to the entrée. The compliment made Nancy smile as she did whenever someone appreciated her art work. “Thanks. Maybe after dinner I can show you some stuff that isn’t just sketches.” Nancy had gone through plenty of phases in her art career, so there was plenty to view upstairs in her art room.

“You want a big piece or little one?” The size parker wanted was scooped up and out on to her plate before Nancy served herself. A piece of toast was placed on each plate also. A bite was taken and the food was pretty decent for being a frozen meal.

“Where are you normally if not around humans? Is there like a society where it is just witches?” A couple questions were rolling around in head: The one she just asked and can Parker heal her wounds like she did with her burn. Drinks had been forgotten and she quickly grabbed a pitcher of water and a gallon of milk, giving her guest options. Milk was her choice and she filled her glass full with it.

Last edited:

[SIZE= 20px]Parker[/SIZE]

Parker mused to herself at Nancy's reaction to her healing her hand. It was the least she could do really plus watching the reaction was great. The young witch just offered a smile as the conversation moved on from the brief spat. Standing up again, she walked over to the table. Sitting down, she nodded and grinned at Nancy. "Really? Can you? I want to see! That'd be awesome!" she declared, very eager to see these other drawings or whatever. She liked unique talents like art or music. They were useful and interesting and most of the time didn't cause harm to anyone, it was something that everyone could enjoy regardless of who you were. Unlike the talent that she had, a bit destructive and not always wanted around.

Leaning back in thought for a moment, she hummed a note as she frowned to herself. "Big I guess, thank you" she responded to Nancy question, pulling herself away from her thoughts. It wasn't totally normal for the witch to sit around and eat a nice meal and then just relax. The general company was a little off putting to in a sense. Usually left alone with her thoughts, Parker had to remind herself that she wasn't alone and should probably stop drifting off in her head. 

She dug right in, stuffing her face as politely as possible for someone eating quickly. She slowed though as questions were asked, holding up a hand to signal she'd answer in a second. Finishing her bite, she thought for a moment. Uh, either or. I don't have a preference in drinks. You pick and I'm hardly ever around humans. I just hide out in abandoned areas. The mountains or general woods. Place like that." she answered with a slight shrug. "There is no witch society, at least not anymore. Our stories passed down talk about things like that I believe. Sometimes there'd be gatherings but they usually travel alone." 

Pausing to take a sip of her drink, she settled down finally, relaxing. "Even if there was a society for just us, I'm not sure how well that'd go." she added with a slight frown.

Nancy

While Parker talked she took a sip of her milk, listening interestedly. The woman in front was profoundly exciting now that she was sort of opening up a bit about things. No society, not entirely surprising to hear. The thought of there being one was exciting until she heard that it might not go well, in Parker’s opinion. Nancy wondered why that would be. A soft h-hmm left her lips as she took a bite and wonder if the other’s kind even got along well.

“Why wouldn’t that go well?” she asked in between bites. Maybe it would have something to do with tracking them easier, but they could defend themselves easier as a group from humans. That however, didn’t seem like an idea that would be in her favor. The possibility of a war seemed more likely in that scenario. Nancy lightly shrugged the idea off. Not likely that was going to happen and there was no point to worry over it. Another bite, washed down by milk was taken as she listened to Parker’s response. A moment passed and she looked at where the bandages would be beneath the other’s close and then to her hand.

“Parker, if you can heal my burn, can’t you heal your wounds?” Once again she looked where the bullet wounds would be before turning to take another bite a food, only having a couple more bites of the meal left. Ideas of what art she could show the other woman fluttered around in the back of her mind, but for the most part she focused listening to the answer to her question.     

Parker thought for a moment, trying to figure out how to answer the humans question for a moment. Taking a few bites of food first and chasing it down with her drink, Parker hummed lightly. "I'm not totally sure. Back then years and years ago, things like that probably would've worked fine. Maybe. History doesn't work in our favor often and so traveling in groups could be dangerous. Today, there'd probably be a lot of conflict on what to do. Come out of hiding and fight back or stay hidden. Sure you guys know about us but I'm pretty a lot of you don't. Plus not all of us are like me. There are some who are evil and wouldn't hesitate to kill off humankind and they're the ones that usually stand out and make it seem we're bad people but really the vast majority of us aren't." Parker explained in somewhat vast detail. 

Offering a small sad smile, the witch shrugged. "There are ones who've been caught and tested on and that alone causes so many problems. Families torn apart, human testing, brainwashing. And I'm sure whatever information they're finding won't be for anything good." she added with a slight shrug. Shoveling in a few bites and letting that sink in for a moment, Parker focused her mind on the next question and how to answer it. 

"As for healing, the short answer is yes. But at the time I had no energy left and was unable to. I technically could right now but it's not grave enough to bother using up power to fix up. Most of the time I just heal things that are really bad and let smaller things heal on their own. Sadly my magic can't be used 24/7. It has its limits despite being pretty limitless in other terms." she mused slightly. "I healed your hand 'cause I know burns aren't exactly pleasant and yknow...yeah." Parker smiled ruefully and went back to eating. 

Nancy

Dinner was finished while the questions were being answered. Every once in a while she was spare a glance up and nod to show that she was listening and taking everything in. Truth was answers only led to more questions, well one in particular and Nancy was afraid to overstep the boundaries and ask. A soft thoughtful hum left her lips as she eyed her once burned hand and a small smile spread across her face. Burns were awful and she was quite happy that Parker had stepped in and healed it. The hand was waved in the air as she flashed a genuine smile.

“Thanks again.” The glass and her plate were picked up as she started on rinsing her dished. “Whenever you’re done with that I can take it.” she said, before she went over the sink that was a few feet away. The excess sauce was being washed away when she found the courage to ask another question. Perhaps it had to do with the bit of distance she had put between the two that made her feel more comfortable.

“Is that why they’re after you?” Pausing in her work, Nancy glanced at Parker inspecting her reaction before turning back to the dishes. “To do testing, are they after you to do test?” she clarified after a brief second of silence. The clean dished were left on a towel to dry and be put away later. A chunk of hair was tucked behind her ear as she rested her body against the counter.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Finishing up her food swiftly, she gently placed the fork down and finished her drink before setting that down lightly as well. "It was no problem." she answered. Parker didn't move right away as the dishes were cleared away. Just sitting there, she allowed herself to relax some and just hang out for a moment after eating quite a filling meal. Her gaze started to wander the kitchen in silent curiosity and interest. It was brought back to the human however as she spoke, asking yet another question. Tilting her head faintly, she looked at Nancy's back while she spoke. 

Nothing in her expression gave away what she was thinking but it wasn't like the question was an unexpected on really. Parker had more or less somewhat expected it. A sigh fell from her mouth as the silence hung in the air. She wasn't totally sure how to answer, there were many ways of course. But there was a limit of what she was willing to share. Parker trusted Nancy but not yet the kind where she was going to tell her all of her secrets and past. Humming lightly in thought, Parker pondered on how to tackle this question.

"Yes. That would be one reason." she finally answered, breaking the silence. Stretching some, Parker closed her eyes for a moment. "Lot's of things have happened. Those people and I do not get along by any means. But I'd rather not go into that." she added, eyes opening. Smiling slightly, she stood, pushing in her chair. Pattering over to the stairs instead, she tossed a smile over her shoulder at Nancy. "Let's go see your art now shall we? Also what time is it? I should probably rest soon seeing the sun has gone down now."

Last edited by a moderator:

Nancy

Silence filled the air and for a moment it seemed that there may be some tension again between the two because Nancy had over stepped.  Her head tilted to the side at the vague answer, that alluded there was more than just testing that they wanted the witch for. No hard feelings were there as her bright blue eyes followed the brunette over to the stairs, returning the smile with one of her own. Trailing after her, she paused briefly to look over at the clock on the stove.

“Eight.” she answered, gesturing to a nod to continue upstairs. An early night sounded great. The room that she worked in was at the end of the hall and it too, just like the bedroom, was messy. There were two easels, one empty, one with half a painting on it. A nearly finished drawing was on top of the desk. It would look complete to anyone else, but Nancy felt like there was something missing from it. Jars of water that she used to clean her brushes had accumulated on a little side table, sort of embarrassing. There was a pottery wheel in the corner, surprisingly clean, but that was due to not having used it since she moved. Boxes surrounded the machine of her past work, still not unpacked.  

“Well this is it.” She threw her hands in the air to gesture to everything in the room. “This place is sort of scattered, like my brain. Over there in those drawers is where I keep the paints, so all finished paintings are propped up against that. Pencils are all tucked away in my desk, along with any drawings. Most of my pottery is still packed away, but that is in that corner. There is some organization.” There was a bit of an uneasy laugh as she played with her hair nervously. Showing of her studio felt pretty personal and something she rarely did.

Parker

Nodding her head, Parker made a note of the time and how dark it was before trailing up the stairs after the human. She was personally excited to see what was at the top of the stairs and in this room. Art had always fascinated her and in most cases, helped her calm down if she was pissed off. More or less music in that case since she couldn't carry around a room pull of paintings and drawings. Keeping her hands to herself as she was shown the room, she stopped in and looked around. 

While messy, it didn't really come off that way to Parker. It was simply an artist in the middle of a huge grand pice that would eventually be completed. Waving off Nancy's remarks about the mess, she carefully walked over to the easels and peered at the one with a painting on it. Studying it for a moment, she moved on and looked at sketches and other drawings that lay around. As she came to the one lying on top of the desk, she paused and stared at it for a long moment. It looked complete but not totally. Tilting her head, she wondered what was possibly missing from it. 

Moving on from it a minute later, she started carefully picking up supplies and looking at them. She didn't really know what artists used besides pencils to sketch things but even then pencils varied and that all flew over her head. Looking at the paints the jars pull of murky water, Parker just studied it all quietly. Finally she spoke when she was done looking at it all, standing near the easels. "I like it. You're a good artist." she said simply with a grin. 

Nancy

The whole time Parker was looking around an anxious feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. Nancy really wanted her art to be liked, for some reason. Maybe just not to disappoint since this was supposed to be better than her crummy sketches in her journal. A shy smile spread crossed her face at the compliment. Her cheeks started turning a slight pink.

“Thanks.” The smile grew into a larger warm smile. “The painting is more experimental since I haven’t used watercolors. The drawing just, isn’t finished. I’m not sure what it is missing, but I’m not happy with it.” The drawing was touched lightly as it was driving her slightly insane that she didn’t know what was missing. “There is more stuff in boxes if you want to look, sort of haven’t finished packing yet, obviously. I’m procrastinating.” There was a big bay window in the room that she pulled the curtain open to reveal the backyard and the forest off in the distance.

“That is the whole reason I got the place.” The view from the window was her favorite part as she could watch the sunset in the evenings. It was pretty dark to see any of that, the sun was almost completely gone and the moon was starting to come out. The moon reminded her that Parker wanted to get some shut eye and she snapped her fingers as she remembered she didn’t exactly have a spare bed around. “Oh, sleeping arrangements. I don’t really have a spare bedroom, you mind sleeping on the sofa?   

Parker
Flashing a grin over at the human, Parker glanced around on last time before shifting away from it. Going through someone else things didn't feel right now that she was grasping that wasn't something you normally did despite the permission to do so. Rather, she just nodded some, leaving the boxes untouched.

It was cool, this form of expression and she liked it. She wouldn't dare try it, admiring it was enough for her. Looking at the human against as she spoke and pulled back a curtain, Parker's face lit up as she bounced over curiously. Peering through the window, she smiled and took in the scene. "Pretty nice backyard you've got." she mused with a chuckle.

"I bet it gives you quite the inspiration." she murmured. For the humans sake, she almost hoped she pick getting her memory wiped. It was nice here and Parker didn't want to take this away from Nancy, it was unfair to her.

Snapping out of her thoughts as the human snapped her fingers, Parker blinked and paused before answering. "Uh, yeah sure. Not a problem. Thank you again for allowing me into your home," she said smiling. Stepping away from the window, she turned and made her way to the door way.

{Nancy}

Nancy figured there wouldn’t be an issue with the sofa. It was merely polite to ask. The door was shut behind them and she ran her hands through her short blonde hair. A nervous smile came about as it was going to be clear how disorganized and messy she was with things. Spare blankets and pillows were sort of all over the place instead of tucked away nicely in a closet somewhere.

“I’ll be down in a jiffy with some pillows and blankets.” There was a pillow on her bed she could spare and a comfy soft blanket she wrapped herself up in when painting, back in her studio. The pitter-patter of her feet rushing from room to room could be heard. “OK.” she said, coming down the stairs with her arms full. The pile of stuff was set down on the couch. “I may have . . .” Nancy titled her head side to side like some scales before she corrected herself. “I went overboard. Didn’t know what you liked so I brought options.”

An uneasy laugh followed before going into detail about the items on the couch. “Pajamas. There is a t-shirt and two bottoms.” A pair of stretchy pants and a soft pair of pajama shorts were held up to see before laying them out on the back of the couch. “Then there is a pillow and assortment of blankets. Use what you want and place the rest on the chair and I’ll deal with them in the morning.”

“Guess I’ll be seeing you in the morning. If you need anything just let me know.” There was a small wave as she started up the stairs. “Good night Parker. See you in the morning.” Nancy was curious if she would see the witch in the morning or if she’d high tail it out of there. Of course, if Parker choice that route, she wouldn’t remember the brunette was ever staying in her home.

Parker
Following the human down the stairs, Parker didn't say anything as she was shown the couch she'd previously sat on. Just standing next to it as Nancy disappeared, Parker watched the human with an amused smile as she fluttered around nervously.

Taking the pjs, she grabbed the tee shirt and shorts, finding those to be acceptable enough. Setting them aside, she peered at the pile of pillows and blankets, not sure which she preferred. They almost looked the same to her honestly.

Looking at Nancy as she bid her goodnights, Parker smiled and stood up. "Thank you very much. I'll see you in the morning, goodnight." she answered, watching her disappear. Turning back to the pile of blankets, her gaze shifted over to the clothes. Picking up the pjs, she quickly changed into those quickly.

Setting her clothes neatly in a pile on the floor, she adjust the pillows before sitting down. Putting most of the blankets on chair nearby. Using a medium sized and weight one, she pulled it over her, snuggling into the couch.

Just looking at the celling, she lay there, mind wandering for a bit before dozing off into a peaceful slumber for the night.

Nancy

The crazy day’s events had her mind spinning and sleep was hard to find. It took a couple of hours before she finally drifted off, the worries of yesterday being left behind for a time being. The morning came sooner than she wanted and the sunlight seeping through the blinds roused Nancy. An urge to hide under the cover came over her as she had not decided if she was going to let Parker take her memories. The idea just didn’t set well at all, even though according to the brunette she wouldn’t be able to tell and it was for her safety.

The covers were pushed to the side and she picked out that days wardrobe from the pile of clothes in the clean laundry basket. A pile that kept accumulating over time, since she could not sit down and force herself to sit down to fold and put them away. A yawn escaped as she turned the shower on and brushed her teeth. Nancy liked the water almost scalding hot and soon the room was beginning to fill with steam and she popped into the shower. After she applied a bit of makeup and put her clothes on she went down stairs, hair still wet. When it dried there was a nice wave to it she liked, making the morning routine all that much easier.

“Morning.” she said, tapping on the wall to announce her presence before she stepped into the living room. A smile spread across her lips as she looked over her guest. “How did you sleep?” A hand ran through her wet hair, but her light blue eyes remained on Parker.

Parker
2202459.jpg

Falling asleep was no problem, staying asleep was the problem. Parker was so used to sleeping with one eye open that being in a house like this was strange for her. Every few hours she'd jolt awake and look around wildly, confused on where she was before relaxing and closing her eyes to doze off again. This happened a few times until the sun rose, keeping the young witch awake for good.

Sitting up on the couch, Parker wrapped herself in the blanket, tired eyes watching the sun rise slowly. Time ticked by slowly and she lost track as she zoned out a bit, half dozing as well. Before she knew it, Parker could hear water being turned on upstairs and someone taking a shower. Yawning widely, she leaned back and snuggled into the couch comfortably. Pulling the blanket around her tighter, Parker sat there quietly, just looking blankly at the walls around her.

When Nancy made her appearance, Parker nearly jumped out of her skin having not heard the other girl come down the stairs. Blinking, she turned her head and looked over at the human who was smiling at her. Her green eyes lifted to meet blue ones that were resting on her kindly and she couldn't help but smile back at her host.

"Morning," she greeted softly. Parker paused for a moment, thinking how to answer the question before just answering honestly. She was to tired to bother coming up with silly answers. "I slept alright I suppose. Had some trouble staying asleep but that's to be expected. How did you sleep?"

Parker remained on the couch, her knees tucked tightly against her as she sat in a corner, leaning partly against one of the arms and partly on the back of the couch. Her hair was a slight mess from tossing around in her sleep but she couldn't be to bothered with that at the moment. She was clearly tired but the smile playing on her lips were enough to make one second guess that.

Nancy

The chair next to the sofa is where Nancy plopped down. It was incredibly comfortable from all the extra pillows and blankets that were brought down for Parker. Both legs draped over the arm of the chair, so the blonde could face the brunette while they talked. Nancy understood, being in a stranger’s house and after all that had transpired, sleep wouldn’t exactly be easy.

“Exact opposite of you, I suppose. Took a while to fall asleep, but I was out once I did. My bed is like a cloud. M-mm so comfy.” There was a small shrug at the end. Nancy felt a tinge of guilt, as her unexpected guest had been stuck on the sofa all night.

“Guess breakfast is next on the to do list, huh? There is a nice little bistro in town we can pick some coffee up and breakfast there.” Nancy chose the words next wisely, figuring the two of them would split and go their separate ways today. She only hoped she could keep her memories, since she didn’t particularly like the thought of forgetting Parker. “We can also hit up a grocery store for you to stalk up on supplies, if you like.” she suggested, a small smile displayed.

Parker
2202459.jpg

"Well I'm glad you slept well once you managed to fall asleep." Parker remarked tilting her head slightly. A moment later, she yawned widely, giving a slightly sheepish smile after. Parker was used to sleeping pretty much anywhere and the couch had been the most comfortable so far, it was just weird to think she was safe. In her world, Parker was never safe. She always had to move on from place to place, unable to stick around for to long.

Stretching out some, the green eyed girl glanced over at the human as she spoke again. A faint frown tipped the corners of her lips at the suggestion of going out to eat. "We can go there," she said slowly, thinking about this for a moment. Among the government, her features were well known which meant public places were either a bad place to go or a good place. Meant they couldn't open fire on her directly thanks to civilians but it also made her easier to find.

She sat there, her gaze becoming a bit unfocused as she weighed the pros and cons of this possible outing. Eye refacing in on Nancy, Parker nodded slightly. "I'll need something to cover my hair and face some though...stocking up on supplies would be good." she agreed after a couple minutes of thinking.

Standing up, she ran a hand through her messy hair, giving a smile. She was starting to feel a little excited now. It was rare she got to be normal, even if it was a short period of time.

Nancy

The little outing didn’t have the appeal Nancy thought it would, but then again she wasn’t use to looking constantly over her shoulder for danger. A smile spread when it was decided they could go. Out here it she was all by her lonesome and to have someone accompany her into town made her slightly giddy. On her feet, she was ready to head out the front door when Parker pointed out that she needed a disguise.

“Oh, this is just like in a show, where the person has to go undercover.” A smile spread across her face as she looked over the other woman, ideas of what clothing to put on her floating through her mind. Abruptly she turned on her heels to head back up the stairs, “Com’on, wardrobe is his away.” Nancy waved for Parker to follow before she went to dig in her closet, pep in her step the whole way there. “Pick out anything you like.” she replied, once the brunette was in ear shot.

“Oh, what about this?” Unable to keep a serious face, a hot pink feather boa was pulled out from the depths of her closet and she put it around Parker, giggling the whole time. “On a serious note, there some hats over in that corner of the closet. We can maybe find something with a hood that is to your liking if none of that hats suit your fancy. Whatever you want, help yourself. I’m going to collect my purse and some things. There is a spare tooth brush in the drawer in the bathroom. Meet you in the kitchen, whenever you ready to go.” Nancy flashed a big smile before leaving Parker to pick out some clothes and get ready for the day.

Parker
2202459.jpg

Giggling a bit as she watched the human get all excited for the outing, Parker allowed herself to relax and go along with the excitement. Following her hostess through the house, an easy smile rested on her lips, content with her decision. As they made it into Nancy’s room, Parker hesitated briefly before following the other woman in.

Peering around Nancy, Parker looked to see what she was being presented with. Surprise crossed her face as she was greeted with a whole bunch of random accessories. Upon Nancy suggesting something, Parker looked up and burst out laughing. “Oh yes, because this will work fabulously” she mused sarcastically as she flung one end go the boa around her shoulder, eyes rolling.

“Thank you for everything” Parker said looking over at Nancy, offering a smile before turning back to her options. In the end, she picked out a pair of dark jeans and a thank top. On top of that, she grabbed a hoodie before making her way to the bathroom. Finding the spare toothbrush, she studied it for a moment before awkwardly putting toothpaste on and brushing her teeth. It was weird to use such common objects again.

Finishing up quickly as to not make Nancy wait any longer, she adjusted the hoodie. Checking her pocket, she made sure her staff was with her in it’s smaller form before heading downstairs. “Thank you again for everything” Parker said walking into the kitchen. She really was grateful for this kind human and hoped that nothing bad would happen to her as a result. Parker had no idea how to repay Nancy’s kindness, just that if there was a way, the young witch would jump at that opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back