• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

What a Magical Thing

SparkleBreaker

♥ Pineapple Queen ♥
{Nancy Henning}

C3406057-1481145054432026large.jpg

10/29 | 25
Fair Skinned | (5’8) | Willowy | Bright Blue Eyes

A tattoo of an elephant on her right shoulder blade

Personality traits

Bubbly | Artsy | Messy | Laid Back

Last edited:
b5e30591d423bcc172a7fc9632eda994.jpg

Parker

Unknown | about 22
Slightly tanned | 5’7" | Green eyes
Couple hidden tattoos

Personality traits
Kind | Stubborn | Impulsive | Thoughtful

Last edited:
[SIZE= 20px]Parker[/SIZE]

It was a normal day, Parker was sitting around just enjoying the day and hanging around in her hunt. Just kidding, no day was ever normal enough to be like that. Everyday she was always on the move, the witch had to be. Rarely ever would she stay in one place long enough, it was to dangerous, blasted humans were after her on my trail like a bloodhound. And today was no different. Currently, the green eyed girl was racing through a forest high up on a mountain, desperately trying to loose three men after her.

Gun shots rang through the air and whizzed past their moving target. Clicking between her teeth, Park threw a glance over her shoulder and grinned "Come on mates! Can't you do any better than that?" she mocked as she easily jumped and swing herself into a tree. A second later, she dropped down onto one the men, easily knocking him out before hopping away from the other two who looked very pissed. Only smirking, she shot forward and tacked the second man, taking him down with shift ease. 

However, that did cost her a few shots to her side and pain seemed through her body as the bullets hit their make. Hissing in pain, Parker jumped away and raced away from the remaining man in some random direction. She hadn't a clue where the heck she was and Parker hoped that she'd end up somewhere where she could just blend in with other people. Which was mildly hard since she was in the more rural areas currently. Mountains served as good hiding places until you got found and then it was just a struggle.

Still running, ducking behind trees and just doing anything to be an annoying target, she ran swiftly while trying not to lose to much blood. Her escape however, was cut short as she nearly ran right off a cliff. Skidding to a stop, she stood there hunched over trying to catch her breath while feeling rather light headed. The third man slowed to a stop as she saw her, raising his gun and just looking at her. "Come quietly and you might live." he barked monotoned. Rolling her eyes, Parker snorted. "Yeah right, like I would go with you somewhere. No thanks." she retorted. 

Backing up some, her heel hit the edge of the cliff as the man advanced slowly, gun still aimed at her. Sighing, Parker pulled something from under her shirt and spun it in her hand. "Fine, we'll do this the hard way." she grumbled before slamming a full-sized staff in to the ground causing it to rumble deeply. A second later spikes shot up from the ground at the guy who much to Parkers amusement, hopped around trying to avoid them while shooting at her. 

Not able to move as swift previously, a couple more bullets clipped her skin before the witch decided to make her escape. Glancing over her shoulder, she studied what was below, trying to figure out what was down there. In her moment of absence, the very persistent third guy shot her again. Surprised and caught off guard, Parker toppled right over. "Well, that wasn't how I was planning it but this'll do." she muttered to herself. Spinning the staff, she attempted to make her landing a bit softer. Not by much really. 

Groaning, she lay there for a moment before pulling herself up and just walking off once again. Feeling very light headed now, she began to grow a bit faint and evidently, passed out. Luckily, at the edge of the woods near some town. 

{Nancy}
C3406057-1481142951912735large.jpg

Sketch pad ready, today was going to be a good relaxing day. Not that there was ever any excitement in the small rural town of Bricelyn. The population was under thousand and practically everyone knew one another. That made being a newcomer a bit difficult, but the people meant well. Even if they liked to gossip and were quite old fashion and stuck in their ways. The center of the town revolved around the small privately own shops and a big Cathedral church. Most housing was miles away apart, which was a nice change from the city. The dirt roads were a pain as it left her white car constantly.Nancy had made the big move to get herself in a better place. A lot of dumb things she had done that she wasn’t proud of and she just wanted it to be in the past and get away from it. The land up here was gorgeous and hopefully that would inspire her again. A little outing was planned for the day to draw some scenery in the woods a few miles from her house.

An empty newly rinsed mug was sat down on the front counter to be placed in the dishwasher later. Her place was far from extravagant, only being a one floor two bedroom and one bath. It suited her just fined and she had her art to spruce it up and make it her own. Nancy locked the front door behind her and took a deep breath of fresh air. That was just something the big city didn’t have. Cooler in hand with her lunch inside, she jumped into her little Volkswagen beetle and started driving up the a few miles.

The car door slammed behind Nancy. Leisurely, she strolled across the gravel road and headed towards the thick tree line of the woods. Hardly any cars traveled the road so she took her time, flipping through her sketch book as she walked. A brown leather book bag full of art supplies hung off her shoulders. Nose deep in her drawings she almost missed the unconscious brunette. A rock tripped her up and that is when she noticed the body that wasn’t moving.

“Hello?” she called, out, looking around for any sign for another person that might have been travelling with the other. When the person didn’t stir she started jogging in that direction. The blood stained clothes slowed her down and she looked around again, this time a bit more thorough for any possible dangers. Nothing appeared to be wrong so all her focus went back on the girl. “Can you hear me?” she asked, kneeling down besides the brunette. Using to fingers she checked for a pulse on the other’s neck. A gasp of relief left her lips when she felt one. At least she hadn’t just stumbled upon a dead body.

Since the woman was still unresponsive Nancy started rummaging through her bag for her cell phone. A hand went through her short blonde hair as she worriedly looked over the body one more time. The numbers 9-1-1 was dialed as she continued looked over the woman. In one ring there someone on the other line.

“H-hi. I’ve found someone unconscious.”

Last edited:

A questionable around of time passed before Parker sort of started to come to. She vaguely heard someone talking to someone else maybe but it wasn't totally connecting in her mind. Eyes fluttering, she tried to wake up and rejoin the lovely human world. She saw someone hovering over her and shot up, nearly missing the other persons head with her own. "Who are you talking to? Close that thing now!" she demanded in one breath. Not waiting, she snatched the device out of the other persons hand. "All is fine we're good!" she half yelled into the thing before closing it shut and tossing it aside somewhere. The motion of throwing caused pain to stop her short and Parker let out a groan before just flopping onto her back. "I don't recommend falling from like, a million feet up." she randomly stated. 

Closing her eyes briefly, she sucked in a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking up at the person above her. Taking in the person above her, Parker realized that it was another female who looked to be a little older than her. Sitting up slowly this time, Parker just looked around for her staff and spotted it just out of her arms reach. Moving to grab it, she stopped and slowly moved back to the position she was just sitting in. Turning to look at the other women she pointed to her staff and spoke. "Can you grab that please? Sorry for throwing your thing but no calling people."

Parker paused and tipped her head to the side, thinking for a moment. "Oh right. Um. I'll answer all your questions but, that staff first. Yeah? Thank you." With that, she turned her attention to the wounds scattered around her body. Frowning, she ignored the little scratches and cuts most likely from falling through the trees. The bullet wounds were a little more concerning. Her head was spinning and giving her a bad headache but it wasn't like she could get actually medical attention. Her blood and DNA was different from humans and she did not want to be caught by the government or anything. Dealing with that once was a hassle. Second time would just be a disaster.

Ignoring the human for the time being, still mostly waiting for her to get her staff already, Parker did her best to tie up the wounds until she could find other materials to patch it up. Using strips from her pants or shirt sleeves, she tied the strips around her arm and leg to apply pressure. Nothing she could do about her side though but that seemed to be dried up and so long as she didn't jolt it to bad, it should be fine for a bit. Once satisfied with her job, she turned back to the other woman and raised an eyebrow expectedly.

{Nancy}

“Y-yes I was walking and I came across – AH!” The brunette had awoken in a frenzy and nearly head butted Nancy. A brow raised in suprise as the girl started demanding who was on the other line. “I’m getting . . .” The phone was snatched away and soaring through the air. The sentence was finished as she watched her cell fly. “you help. . .” In disbelief her jaw dropped open as the other pretended that she hadn’t just thrown an expensive electronic that didn’t belong to her. The other’s words didn’t really sink in for a moment and then she gave the girl a confused look and looked at the mountain off in the distance. A fall from there would kill just about anyone. How would she survive?

Nancy looked down at the other woman, holding eye contact briefly before the other slowly sat up. The staff was eyed, but her gaze quickly went back to the other woman, a bit disgruntled about how she had acted early. The apology helped, but she wanted answers. As if the other could ready her mind, the issue was addressed. A sigh was let out as the other added more questions to the ones she already had. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her pants from kneeling on the ground and went to collect their belongings.

The phone took a bit to find, but it seemed that the other was tending to her injuries. There was a deep gauge in the plastic that wasn’t there before, but seemed in working condition. The cell was slipped in her back pocket as she made her way towards the staff. Picking it up, she inspected it taking in the finer details. It was a curious thing and she very well the other woman was a witch. Lately their kind had been all over the television. The first aid she had administered to herself was eyed as short hair blonde went back over. The staff was handed over to the woman the woman slowly. For a moment she was worried that now she had the what she needed she wouldn’t answer questions.

“Who are you?” she asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest and looking at the not so bang up job she did. Of course she did the best with what she had, but Nancy still figured having some medics help would be the best. “Aaand exactly why won’t you accept medical help?” The blond got comfy and took a seat across from the brunette. Letting out a short sigh, she looked at the other in anticipation.

Last edited:

Taking her staff from the blonde, she looked it over quickly, shooting the other a brief look. "Well, considering you picked up my staff, I'm sure you know exactly who I am. Or, at least what I am." Parker stated bluntly. There was nothing fancy about the staff shape itself, straight and plain with feathers hanging off one end. All over the staff were designs, none of them really relating to the one next to it. Rune designs on some parts, a dragon on another, patterns from old tribes of ancient times and so on. Tapping it against the ground, it shrunk down to the side of a wand. Slipping it away somewhere in her clothes, Parker returned her attention to the confused girl in front of her. 

"Now, as for medical help. I sure hope those people you were talking to on that little device of yours comes. Because that means I'll have to kill you and run. Or just drag you with me." she said bluntly. Pausing, Parker laughed good naturally. "Kidding. But we would have some issues." Clapping her hands together, Parker stretched and got comfortable, knowing this was probably going to take a few minutes. 

"Now, as to where I came from because I'm guessing you're wondering that too. Short answer, up there. Cliff side, fell off. Broke the fall with my staff and you guessed it! Magic." she said flashing a cheeky grin. "Medical help. Never said I don't need it, it's just not a good idea. Long story and answers short; my blood is different than yours. My genetics and everything. Sort of. In science terms, I'm genetically mutated. Or something like that. Evolution maybe? Or just an old bloodline that has mostly died out. Whatever you wanna go with. But that is why, I will not go anywhere near a medical place or anything involving the government. That is, unless you really want to die or something." Parker explained, breezing right through with a crude sense of humor. 

"I bet you are also wondering why I even fell in the first place and how I survived. No other person could've. Well, I've already explained the surviving part. I fell because it's a bit hard to completely avoid getting shot by crazy assholes. Hopefully, they'll think I'm actually dead for awhile. Would make my life sooooo much easier." Parker continued, going through the basic questions that she could think off off the top of her head. Looking at the blonde, she leaned back on her good arm and tipped her head to the side. 

"Any more questions?"

{Nancy}

The brunette was quite sassy and sarcastic. The fact she was a witch, yes, was quite apparent. A name was more what she was looking for and that seemed to be missing from the little explanation. ‘H-mm’ she hummed, watching the other’s staff shrink and be slipped away in a hiding spot among her clothes. A head tilted to the side as she was patiently waiting for the reason her phone needed to be hurled away and the paramedics couldn’t come. Two brown brows rose in shock and she shifted her feet closer at the mention of her being murdered or kidnapped. An extreme measure to take, after all she just trying to help the stranger. The joke didn’t amuse Nancy as much as the other woman. “I didn’t give a location, so I don’t know how they’d figure out to come here, the middle of nowhere.” she grumbled, loud enough for the other to hear.

The cliff that was pointed out was eyeballed. A question that had been on her mind was being answered without asking. Good way to get through this process a bit faster, so she didn’t mind it. Both hands covered her mouth as a gasp came out. “Really, you use magic with that thing?” she returned the smart ass comment with her own. Lightly rolling her eyes, she laughed lightly and continued to listen. Different DNA was news. Nancy actually didn’t really know anything about the other race. Again, she was referenced to ending up being dead and didn’t like it.

Just how grave the situation was came to light when she mentioned people shooting at her. Who would do that was the first question that came to mind. The way she spoke about her attackers made it seem that that this wasn’t the first occurrence. The government she guessed was behind it by the way the girl mentioned it early.

“Ugh, yeah.” she scoffed, shaking her head ever so lightly. “Ending off with some assholes were shooting at you only leads to more questions. Who are these assholes or where are they from. Why are they shooting at you. . .” she cocked an eye brow and looked her over quickly. “You didn’t kill anyone, did you?” It was more of a tease and it was easy to tell by the way her lips spread into a large smile. Not that the idea was entirely far-fetched. “W-wait.” she said, holding up a finger, for the other to hold off on the explanation. “What’s your name before you keep going.” she asked, leaning back on her elbows.

Last edited:

Gathering no one would be coming, Parker nodded more or less to herself, satisfied by that answer. She was however, not pleased with the sarcastic remark in return and scowled at the person across from her. "Well, well, well. Blondie has a smart mouth on her as well. This'll be interesting." she remarked with a short laugh. Adjusting her position again, she tried to find one that didn't bother her so much. Honestly, she kind of just wanted to lay down but she wasn't totally sure if she could 100% trust this woman. 

A groan fell from the witches lips as she flopped over on to her side gently as more questions were asked. Settling down, she got comfortable and peered over at the human for a long moment before saying anything. "These assholes would be agents of the government. Or something like that. Maybe a science laboratory. Who knows honestly. I just know they want to hurt me." Parker answered with a slight tone of seriousness. Frowning slightly, she pondered that for a long moment. Who were those people? Such a good question. Oh well. "Well, maybe not hurt. More like capture. Or kill. There are a million reasons really. My best guess is either to kill me or capture and test on me." 

A wicked, mischievous grin popped up on her face as the teasing question came up on whether she'd killed anyone. "Do you really want to know that answer?" she challenged with a smirk. It faded though once her name was questioned and she raised an eyebrow slightly. "My name you ask? Mmm" she paused and leaned forward slightly, peering at the woman in front of her. Having a short mental debate on whether this person was trustworthy or not, she finally concluded a few long moments later. "Parker. My name is Parker. And yours?"

{Nancy}

A whiny groan came from the other before more answers came and Nancy didn’t appreciate it. A frown formed as it resonated with her the seriousness of the situation the other was in. Tilting her head to the side, she thought over the situation, slightly. Her bright blue eyes looked over the witch, what an interesting day this had become. The challenge was a bit cocky of the other, but she was becoming a bit less surprise by that as the conversation continued. Sarcasm was this girl’s go to. Tilting her head from one side to another an impatient sigh escaped her lips as the other debated to give up her name. There had been so much hesitation that two brows raised when she finally gave it up. The release of her name was delayed as she debated if the name given was a fake or not.

“Nancy. The name is Nancy. Nice to meet you Parker.” A smile was flashed in the brunette’s direction as they got the introductions out of the way. The bag with her arts supplies was pulled into her lap, thinking they’d most likely be going their separate ways shortly. “What is your next move?” she asked, hugging the bag slightly like a stuff animal.

An ambulance, two squad cars and two black unmarked vehicles pulled up behind the white Volkswagen Beetle while the two women were chatting. Police and two agents, that had been screening calls incase anything leads came up, took cover behind their car doors. One officer was busy running the plates on the car to find out the owner. When it was clear the car was left unattended the officer poked his head back in the squad car.

“Who is the owner?”

“Nancy Henning. Blonde, blue eyes, and mid-twenties.” The screen was adjusted so the Police Officer’s partner could get a good look at the picture on the uploaded image of Nancy’s Driver license.

“HELLO? Nancy?” the Officer shouted looking around the car for any sign of its owner.

Though it was faint, she heard the officer shouting her name off in the distance. A confused expression came over her as she looked in the direction of her car and seeing that the driver side door was now open and a snoopy man was searching it. “Hey, what the hell.” she growled, her face turning bright red in anger. There needed to be a warrant for that. The witch was forgotten as her rights were being impended upon. “Oh, hell no.” she said, getting up to her feet to confront the authorities.

Last edited:

Parker nodded in return, "Good to meet you too" she responded somewhat awkwardly. Parker was no fan of interactions with people in general and wasn't the greatest at it sometimes. Lack of knowledge threw her off a lot too. Perks of living in the middle of no where after being kept in the middle of know where...As she was asked what she was doing next, she merely shrugged. "Haven't a clue. Keep moving on I presume. Sty hidden. Find a new hideout for a bit." she answered with disinterest. 

No sooner had she finished answered did the pair hear someone faintly yelling. Raising an eyebrow and automatically jerking her head up, she looked around swiftly, Parker tried to figure out what the sounds were. She had definitely heard them before but she wasn't used to them at all. As far as she knew, they didn't mean anything good and the fact those things brought people made her even more anxious about the current situation. 

Her attention was brought back to the woman across from her as she moved towards those people. Jumping to her feet, Parker grabbed her arm and yanked her back slightly. "Hold up. If you go over there, don't you dare mention me got it?" she demanded before letting her go. Jumping into the air, Parker dived into a tree, hiding herself away with ease instantly. She was debating on whether to run or not but she wasn't totally sure what this Nancy person had in mind in regards to knowing about her existence. So with that in mind, Parker stuck around, silently moving from tree to tree like a squirrel until she was within hearing distance of all the people.

Keeping hidden, her hand slipped to her side as she pulled forth her staff, tapping it lightly against the tree and returning it to it's normal full size state. Green eyes followed the blonde as she rushed over to talk to these people. Her side was killing her but Parker didn't let that effect her as she sat perched in a tree hidden by the thick leaves. 

Nancy

Ready to reprimand the police, one already practically crawling in her car, Nancy started hastily going towards the vehicle. Not even making it two steps in the right direction before a hand took hold of her upper arm and she was jerked back to face the witch. A scowl formed as the other prolonged her approaching the author ties. Pulling her arm back roughly, she turned on her heels not really caring about the other wishes. The whole time she had copped attitude and doing her a solid wasn’t really on her to do list.

“What do you think you’re doing? Get out of my CAR!” she screamed, flailing her arms in the air so she could be easily since. The officer did no such thing and kept plugging away at searching through, even daring to pop the trunk open for the other officer to go around to. “Are you deaf?” she hollered, her fists clenching into little balls. A man, not in a police uniform approached with his hands out to try to suggest she calm down. Two hands ran through her hair as they started carelessly ripping through her things, not caring if things were broken or not. “You need a Warrant.” she spat, holding up a hand to the man’s face that was trying to talk.

“Ms. Henning your cooperation is vital. There is a fugitive on the run and we’re afraid that you may have crossed paths with them.” Another man in a suit was approaching the scene.

“And what, I stuffed them in the trunk of my car while I went out for a walk?” she yelled, baffled that they even thought they were going to get away with this. Not that there exactly were any witness to testify. Nancy walked passed to intervene on them searching when the second man took her by her wrist and twisted her around, a bit roughly. “Get off!” she demanded, which was ignored as the man pulled out a cuffs and dangled them for her to see.

“We need you to come down to the station for questioning. We can do this the easy way or the hard way.” The cuffs dangled in the air a little longer as a reminder of what the consequences were if she were to continue to protest. The other male came in closer in case there was a struggle.

“Look, I haven’t seen anyone and I don’t have time for this.” she spat, fighting to take back her arm.

“Hard way it is.” he said slapping the cuff on the wrist he already had as he started reaching for the one that remained free. Nancy was becoming panicky and started fighting a little harder to get out of his grasp. Perhaps it be easier to just spill the beans or would they keep her longer or even lock her up for trying to hide that she knew they were looking for the witch?    

Parker groaned softly to herself as the human made a huge scene out of everything. As the situation turned South, Parker sat there clutching her staff as she battled with herself on what to do. Ultimately, if the human girl did end up spilling the beans, that meant a lot of trouble. Sighing, she knew she was so going to regret her next actions but she decided that was all she could do. So, with that in mind, she stood up in the tree and waved her staff in a slow motion horizontally before jerking it upwards harshly. A second later, the ground groaned and started to rumble as if an earthquake was coming through. Rock spikes and pillars shot up all of there place, pricing the vehicles and ultimately destroying them. Shifting her focus to the humans who were freaking out and trying to figure out where the attack was going from, she simply waved a hand and sent down some sleeping spell which hit everyone but the blonde. 

Another spike shot up, knocking the idiot guy away from Nancy and soon he too fell unconscious. Pausing a moment, Parker leaned against the trunk, beads of sweat starting to form and all from her face as she peered down at the mess below. Jumping down once she was sure they were all out cold, she eyed Nancy for a moment but said nothing. Closing her eyes, she held the staff in her hand and began to murmur lowly. A few runes lit up on her staff and the air picked up a bit around them. Light blue tendrils extended from her to the sleeping authorities as she started messing with her memories. It wasn't exactly something she liked to do nor did very often since it drained her a lot but she this was one of those few instances where she went against her moral code.

Normal humans couldn't see anything she was doing, just the glowing marks from her staff as she exerted her power. Anything past that, they were oblivious to. Most humans anyway. When the task was done, she dropped to her knees, panting some as her vision swam. "Be grateful human. Now do me a favor and start up that thing of yours. We need to get out of here now. They won't stay asleep much longer and I don't think either of us wants to deal with them when they wake." she barked shortly, her words coming in short puffs as she fought to stay conscious. 

It didn't help that she hadn't even remotely recovered from the bullet wounds and now she'd just spent up all her energy for the next like, day. Unable to stay awake much longer, Parker's body finally gave way and she slumped over to the side, out cold. She could only hope this Nancy person did as Parker instructed or she would be very screwed. 

Nancy

The dirt road beneath their feet started to tremble, despite that, the man didn’t let go of the hand already cuffed. There was no way that he was going to let her go that easy. What the earth was doing had all of the blonde’s attention as she watched the ground rise up and tear vehicles apart. A fear began to form as she realized just how powerful that witch truly was. Guns were drawn. A few were trigger happy and fired a few rounds, even though the culprit was hidden to well to know where the attack was coming from.

Nancy knew exactly who was behind it, the witch. The police officer and this guy’s partner dropped to the ground suddenly. The ground formed a spike and this time it came relatively too close for comfort. Parker’s objective was a bit unclear until the guy that had a hold on her arm was knocked over and hit his head hard on the ground, knocking him unconscious.

“Serves you right for man handling a woman.” she mumbled to herself, turning to find the brunette behind her. The two eyed one another, but she didn’t say anything. A low murmur started happening and Nancy could see the runes start to light up, but that was it. What sorcery the other was doing was a mystery and she looked around as nothing exactly happened to the men lying motionless at their feet. Parker was struggling to stay on her feet so Nancy took an arm and wrapped an arm around her neck to support the woman upright. The comment made her roll her eyes. If it weren’t for meeting this witch she would never be in this sort of pickle.

The weight she was supporting suddenly grew heavier as Parker fell unconscious. A curse left her lips as she still had a couple of steps to get the car. The door she managed to get open while holding on to the brunette and she did her best to lay her down gently, but she wasn’t exactly made of muscle. A nose scrunched up at the thought of blood stains in her back seat and the door was slammed shut. The car didn’t take off right away. Nancy sat in the driver seat for a moment tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as he tried to decide where to go with the fugitive in the back seat. Slowly, the beetle pulled away from the side the road and she went to the only place she could think of, home.

Moving the other wasn’t really an option as she was lucky enough that Nancy got her in the back of the seat. The first aid kit from inside the house sat in the middle console and was open with varies bandages and what not open. Nancy had cleaned and wrapped up the shoulder, the abdomen and Parker’s leg to help stop the bleeding.  The varies little scratches were now being rubbed down with peroxide to help infection as she waited for the brunette to wake up.  

Sometime after Nancy started patching the witch up, green eyes flickered open slowly as Parker regained consciousness, her gaze landing on the celling of the car. Something was being pressed against her skin and it was not a comfortable feeling. Twitching slightly, she resisted the urge to smack away whatever it was but that would be rude since Parker noted it was the human cleaning her up. Lying still, she turned her head to see where they were, or try to anyway. 

"Do you have to use whatever you're using to clean the small cuts." she inquired after a long moment of saying nothing really. Sitting ups lowly and lightly batting away the humans hands, Parker groaned and looked around for a moment. Her face scrunched up in a puzzled expression as she studied where they were. Looking down she paused to admire the work Nancy had done to patch her up, giving a simple nod of silent thanks. 

Swinging her feet around and leaning out of the car, she turned her attention back to where they were before her head whipped around. Free eyes darting around, she looked for her staff. Locating it, she snatch it up and held it close to her. "So, where exactly are we? Are we at uhhh... some random persons house? Is this place abandoned? Are there others around? How far are we from the woods?" Parker demanded, firing one question after another. Depending on the answers, this place might not be the greatest place for her to hide. A slight frown tipped her lips at the thought of disappearing yet again. It was quite tiring and for once it'd be nice to just settle down but that was more or less out of the question. 

Pulling herself from her thoughts, Parkers gaze shifted back to Nancy as she kept her face nurtural, her mind still swirling with thoughts. Tapping the staff lightly on the ground, she shrunk it back to the size of a conductors baton. Once again, it disappeared as she settled down and glanced around again.

Nancy

Consumed by her work, the blonde didn’t notice the female below her start to stir. Not until the other winced away from the cotton ball she had peroxide on. Almost finished she kept carrying on, hopefully to finish shortly. A hand pushed her working hand away and Nancy frowned at the brunette as she sat up. A sigh of defeat left her lips as the cotton was tossed in the little pile of garbage she had accumulated from all the wrappers of the medical supplies. The cuts would have healed faster and less chance of infection if she had finished, but it really wasn’t worth getting the other’s snarky attitude.

“Fine” she said, defeated. The antibacterial wipes were used up on the major wounds and she didn’t really have any other options in her little medicine box that wouldn’t sting a bit. An itty bitty small smile grew a bit at the silent thanks and she focused on putting everything back in place, before the round of twenty questions began.    

“Didn’t know where to go and you’re sort of heavy.” she answered, snapping the first aid case shut before she turned her gaze to the brunette. For a moment she studied her green eyes before sighing. “We’re at my house, few miles away” she said flatly, knowing it might not be the best of places since the police had pulled up her records. “Didn’t know where else to go for medical supplies and not make a big scene. I was sort of lucky you made it most of the way to the car before falling unconscious. A few steps and I still struggled to get you inside. I didn’t just want to leave you in some parking lot while I got stuff.” The medical supplies were held up to show what stuff she was talking about. Money was another thing she lacked and another reason she had to return home. The tiny car was eyed for a moment before she glanced back in Parker’s direction.

“Pretty sure I know the answer, but we can’t stay here too much longer, right?” Barely been a month that she was stayed in the house and now she might not be able to stay here. A frown formed on her lips, but she did remember one good thing, that she had never updated her address yet on her licenses. Buy them a little time.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitting silently, Parker absorbed the information and thought it over carefully. She also watched Nancy's expression closely, also taking in the humans take on everything. Parker wasn't mean, she wasn't going to make the human come along if she had no desire to. Still mulling it over a bit, she gingerly stood up, moving around the human and supplies that sat near her. Stretching out some, Parker took a deep breath and just looked up at the sky for a long moment. Finally, she turned back to the blonde, her mind made up. 

"We can stay here a bit and see how things go. You however, have a choice." Parker says, not bothering to respond to the earlier remarks. She wanted to get this across clearly. Plus, it was only kind of serious and important. "Either you can stick around and risk everything I do which ranges from nothing to death. Or, I can do what I did to all those other people back there." she said with a slightly grimace which vanished as quick as it appeared. "It takes up a lot of energy, but I can tamper with your memory. You'll forget who I am, what I am and you can proceed with life as normal." 

Letting her words sink in for a moment, Parker gazed directly into the blue eyes across from her. Clapping her hands together abruptly, she grunted and jerked a thumb at the house. "Think that over, I'm hungry so I'm going to look for food okay?" she said with a slightly grin, acting as if nothing was happening. Turning around, she went ahead and let herself in, looking around curiously. Parker wasn't totally ignorant to human things, she just didn't always know what they did or what they were called. She could recognizes objects and guess what they did, she was typically suspicious of anything she came into contact with unless proven harmless. Normal was far from her dictionary. 

Walking around the humans home, she peered at things curiously, not touching anything as she sniffed around for food. Eventually she found a cabinet grabbed the first few things she saw which happened to be random junk food. Opening the already opened boxes, she started snacking while still looking around. 

Nancy

The word choice caused her to perk up. This could be but a faded memory or no memory at all. A frown formed on her lips as she was told the consequences of wanting out, that she wouldn’t remember anything about the other. Not that they were close or that she even like the strange witch in front of her, but the thought of her mind being tampered with wasn’t a good one. The blonde held the other’s gaze until an abrupt clap made her flinch slightly, snapping her out of her thoughts. The frown grew as the other acted like nothing was going on and in a way offered Nancy’s kitchen to herself.  

“O-oh, okay. . .” she trailed off as the other let herself into her home. There was a slight shrug as she fought off the instinct to have the other wait to be let in. This was a moment she could mull over today’s adventures. The care was cleaned up and the first aid case was in hand as she open the garage door that lead to a mudroom. The kit was put up on a high shelf about the washer and dryer. The shoes were slipped off and put away under the bench. The hall split of in two directions. The paths making a circle around the stair case that lead upstairs. One lead to open up to the kitchen and the other was a curved all that led to an office and bathroom.  

Nancy could hear the other snacking a bit in the kitchen as Parker poked about and took a tour of the house on her own. Following the sound of the other snacking, her eyes immediately fell on the junk food in the brunette’s hands. An are you serious looking came across her face as she reached out and snagged the food away.

“Didn’t stitch you up to have you put garbage in your body. You need substance.” she lectured, putting the food in the cupboard where it was found and pulling banana out of a bowl. It was held in the air as an example, while she pushed a fruit bowl closer to Parker. “Have some fruit to hold you over until dinner.” she said, peeling the banana half way and taking a bite. As she chewed on the fruit she looked the brunette’s clothes.

“Did you need fresh clothes?” she asked, point at her the other’s bloodstained wardrobe with her banana before chopping down on another bite.

Parker's jaw dropped as food was snatched away as she looked at the blonde indigently. "Hey! Why;d you do that? And so what? It's still food!" she half wined with a slightly glare. Grumping, she peered into the fruit bowl nonetheless and picked up an apple, taking a large bite out of it. Chewing swiftly, faster than she probably should, Parker ate the apple in about two minutes, setting the core down on the counter before grabbing the snacks again. "Okay there was the 'healthy', time for the 'not healthy'. I don't see the difference, food is food. If it's eatable, you eat it no matter what and as much of it. Good rule to go by." Parker said shifting slightly out of reach as she shoved chips into her mouth. 

Pausing a moment to swallow her food, she glanced down at what she was wearing and shrugged. "I guess. Probably should clean up in general...uhh what do humans use to wash up..." Parker stood there thinking for a moment before grunting in triumph. "Showers! There we go, ugh, stupid machines." she said, half to herself as she set the food down. Pointing to Nancy's feet, Parker shook her head. "Clothes are fine, just shorts and a long sleeve will be fine. No shoes or socks though. I don't like them." she said wrinkling her nose slightly as she smiled. 

Eating a couple more quick handfuls of chips, she set the bag down and rolled it up. "Thank you for letting me stay here. I think staying the night would be ideal. Some rest will be good. I'd keep the doors and windows locked just by the way. You can tell me your decision tomorrow. I do not believe we are in any immediate danger. Not unless someone recognizes me but there shouldn't be anyone around here who does. I can just dye my hair or something just incase. But anyhow."

Parker finally stopped chattering and looked at Nancy, waiting for her next move. Parker really was grateful for the human watching after her, even if it was just for the day. She also was a bit apologetic in disrupting her day and turning it into a bit troublesome. With that in mind, Parker lazily thought of things to repay the human for her uncanny kindness. 

Nancy

A smile grew on the blonde’s face as the other took an apple from the bowl. Least there would be one healthy food in her body. The apple core was sitting on the counter, mocking her in a way as the other went on about how food was food. The banana was finished and with peel in hand, she picked up the apple core, holding it in the air for Parker to see. One of her feet pushed down on a pedal and the trash can lid popped open and she dropped the trash in it. Her gaze went to her feet that were being pointed at and looked up at the brunette like she was crazy to have a hatred for socks and shoes.

“Well Parker, when you have options to all kinds of food, you should pick something healthy.” she chimed, patting the counter-top next to the fruit bowl. A heavy sigh was let out as she eyed the other woman up and down. Her thoughts went to her wardrobe and what might fit the other.

“Right, this way.” she said, waving for the other to follow after as she went upstairs to the master bedroom. Normally things weren’t as neat, but having just been moved in there wasn’t much time for her to create a mess. Still, there was clothes overflowing on to the floor from the hamper and her bed still wasn’t made. Drawers left open on her wardrobe. A long sleeves shirt, dark red, was plucked out along with a pair of shorts. The shorts were held up and Nancy shrugged as she held up the option for the other to see. “They should be fit.” she said, stepping closer now and holding them up to Parker’s waist to get a better idea. A soft hum left her lips as she put the clothes in the witch’s hands.

“Bathroom is right across the hall.” she said, walking into it and opening a cabinet to pull out a couple of wash clothes. They were set on the counter in front of the brunette. “You make find showers grotesque, but I suggest at least washing up a bit with these.” she said, heading towards the door and exciting the bathroom, the door clicking shut quietly behind her. “You have any questions or those don’t fit you can find me in my room.” she said through the door, before going back to the bedroom.      

A sigh was the green eyed girls response to the whole food thing. The human wouldn't understand and Parker wasn't interested in trying to pick a fight or whatever. Just keeping her mouth shut for once, she silently followed the blonde up the stairs and to a bedroom. Looking around a bit weary, Parker nodded slightly. She smiled faintly in amusement as she gaze drifted over the mess of clothes everywhere, looking at what Nancy was holding up. She stood still as the human held the shorts in front of her, and nodded in agreement. "They will do, thank you." the brunette said taking them and holding them gingerly in her hands as she followed Nancy across the hall. 

Setting the clothes down near the towels, she frowned slightly and studied things for a moment. "I never said showered were grotesque?" she said a bit confused by the statement, more to herself really. Nodding again, her mind already drifting and gone to another world, she stuffed around the bathroom for a moment. A few moments later, she figured out the water system and adjusted it to how she liked before shedding her dirty ripped clothes, placing her staff which had appeared again aside and stepping in. A soft sigh of content fell from her lips as she just stood there for a moment, basking in the warmth. 

Eventually, she started rubbing down with the various soaps and washed her hair until she felt like there was nothing left to clean off. Parker was mindful of the patch work Nancy had done and was careful not to disrupt that to much although it was likely they'd have to be changed anyway. Finishing up in the next ten minutes, she finally stepped out and pulled a towel around her. For a moment, she stood there, tense and still as she listened but she heard nothing. 

Drying off and changing into the clean clothes, she looked around and found a comb to fix her hair some. Standing in front of the mirror some, Parker studied herself. She looked quite different without the dried blood and dirt all over her. Her complexion was a bit pale yet slightly tanned which in its own was a weird thing. Shrugging, she grabbed her shortened staff, stuffing it into her back pocket before moving to clean up the bathroom. Once done, she left, heading back downstairs quietly as she looked around for the human. Her mind was still drifting a bit, her gaze not completely in the present as she wandered down, stopping now and then to peer at things. 

Nancy

At first she thought the brunette was being picky about use of words, but then she heard the familiar squeak of the water being turned on. When the shower was called a stupid machine she had misinterpret what she had meant, figuring that she like them just about as much as socks and shoes. Shoulders shrugged lightly in the air as there was nothing she could do about the little misunderstanding now. Nancy waited a few minutes, straightening slightly before snatching a leather bound book and heading down stairs.

There was nothing special about that night’s dinner as it was a frozen Lasagna she threw in the oven for fort-five minutes. Garlic toast would be added later, but in the meantime while she waited for the other she made an entry in her journal. Now she was never a good writer and when she looked back at old entries she had written she couldn’t help but cringe. Now instead of writing, she would sketch a few things that had happened that day.

The altercation they had earlier with the cops is what she was drawing. There was a spikes coming from the ground that she was working on when she heard the soft footsteps upstairs. Nancy studied the ceiling for a moment before going back to her drawing and working on the details of the cop cars and her own beetle. When she heard footsteps coming down the stairs she slowly pulled her gaze from her work and looked up at the brunette. Parker was greeted with a smile, before a pencil was stuffed in her mouth and she focused erasing a mistake.

“Lasagna is in the oven, hope you like that.” she said, the pencil still in between her teeth. Going a bit over board on the erasing, she took away a line she wanted and sighed heavily as she tossed the journal on the table. Completely fed up at looking at her work, she tossed the pencil down next to it. “Do you like cheese on your garlic toast?” she asked, making her way into the kitchen and popping the garlic bread in the oven and sparing a second to check out their entrée was coming along. “Be about ten or so minutes before we eat.” she said, digging out plates and utensils for them to use.        

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking up as the human spoke, Parker flashed a quick smile and nodded. "Anything is fine. I'm not allergic to anything either so." she answered walking into the kitchen. Bending down, she peered into the oven for a moment before standing back up an looked around the kitchen again. She wasn't really sure if she was supposed to help with anything or not, staying away from humans for so long made it hard for her to not be awkward and unsure when actually interacting with them. 

Deciding it was no good she stay in the kitchen, she left and went about looking around the house again. She'd stop and pick things up, staying them for a moment or two before putting them back where they were found. Parker remains quiet, lost in her thoughts as her mind wandered around. She worried that she was putting the human in danger by staying here but the witch knew she desperately needed a safe warm place to recover some and rest up. She could always just erase the humans mind tomorrow but the idea of doing that never pleased her. It was one thing to erase the mind of someone so bad things wouldn't happen, it was another to do it purely for self reasons and either way she wasn't a fa. To much energy. 

And speaking of energy, she could feel it slowly returning to her. Her magic was restoring at a fast rate, something that Parker was finding unusual and possibly and little unnerving. It never recharged as quickly as it currently was and she hadn't a clue why. She could guess it had to do with being able to rest and not always be on the run. It could be whatever the human cleaned her wounds with. But neither of those answers seemed right.

Letting that circle around her mind a bit as well as what was to happen next, the witch found herself in the room the human had been in. Her gaze landed on the journal and she picked it up curiously. Gingerly holding it in her hands like it was to crumble any second, she opened it and leafed through. She wasn't much interested in whatever was written but the sketches caught her eye. Peering at them curiously she studied each one carefully, her eyes not missing the details found in each. Eventually, she found the started sketch of earlier today and frowned slightly. Why had Nancy drawn this? It wasn't going anywhere was it? 

Rather than try and snoop or steal, Parker simply got up and walked to where Nancy was, holding the journal up. "What are you going to do with this drawing?" she asked right out, keeping a couple steps away as she eyed Nancy. "You're not some like...double agent or whatever are you?" A voice in the back of Parkers mind was rolling their eyes and snapping at her, saying that Nancy wasn't who Parker was thinking of but the witch knew better than to take chances. One to many mistakes and nearly everything puts you on edge unfortunately. 

Nancy

Not a picky eater is what was heard and that made dinner all the more easier. There wasn’t much to do besides wait, so Nancy didn’t think much when the other woman wandered off. Dinner would be ready shortly and the preparation for that is what she concentrated on. The dishes and utensils were set out and she bent down to peek through the little window in the oven to see the cheese on top of the lasagna melted. Afraid of burning the main entrée, she got the oven mitts out and was inspecting the pan of lasagna in the air when Parker came back in. Nancy was wondering what she was on about and slowly pulled her gaze away to find her journal in the other’s hand. Confusion slowly morphed in anger at the breach of privacy. The pan was set down hard on the nearest counter top, making a loud bang.

“Yup.” she said angrily, her hand diving into the oven to get the bread out, that too meet the counter with a bang. The blonde’s hair shook vigorously along with her head as she tore of the oven mitts angrily and threw them down also. “I’m an agent. You guessed correctly. I went to the woods knowing I’d just happened to find you out there, unconscious. Instead of taking you in right there, I tried to help you. I cleaned up your wounds, let you shower and made you dinner because that is just what agents do. Then I drew a picture of it in my joouurnal because that is the professional thing to do.” The accusation hurt. Nancy thought they had gotten pass that part, but apparently now.

“You’re a guest Parker.” she reminded firmly, crossing her arms over her chest and huffing slightly. “Guests don’t snoop through people’s belongings.” she growled, knowing part of it was her fault for leaving it out in the open. Living alone for a couple years, she had grown use to just letting everything be out in the open and not having to worry about other people. In anger she went to carry on and forgot her oven mitts.

“Ow!” Without thinking she picked up the hot pan and immediately dropped it. A groan mixed with pain and anger at her stupid mistake was let out as she ran to the faucet and turned the cold water on and let it run over the palm of her hands, which had turned bright red. “Great.” she grumbled under her breath. A sigh of defeat left her lips as she knew it was just a misunderstanding at that she had just taken it too far. “It’s just a journal Parker. I’m crap at writing so I draw parts of my days in there instead of writing.” The hands were pulled out from underneath the water to be inspected, hopefully it just be sore and no blisters would come of it.

A scowl morphed onto the witches face as she stood there watching the humans reaction. She didn't appreciate the sarcasm even though the reaction was somewhat expected. It was true that this whole thing should be looked past by now but Parker was always unsure of things. It was difficult for her to trust people, especially humans. Sh did feel a little guilty but Parker was still annoyed with the sarcasm. Left feeling unsure whether to be upset or not about the humans reaction, Parker just stood there silently watching the human with critical eyes. 

A grumpy expression made its way across her face as Nancy explained that she was a gust and Parker just threw up her hands in exasperation. Closing the journal and setting it down carefully back where she found it, she romped into the kitchen with a unhappy look. "Look, I'm sorry about calling out accusations but with the way I've lived, it's hard to trust people. You never know who is gonna turn around a betray you" she stated bitterly, watching the water run over the injured hand. "I'm also not totally familiar with everything you humans do. Social cues sometimes throw me off, all this technology can be confusing. I can pass easily as a human when needed but little things fly over my head." she explained, her tone flat. 

Grabbing Nancys burned hand with her left, she held her wrist lightly and delicately put her right over the humans. Mumbling a few words, Parker worked on healing the hand. A few moments later, she removed her hands and sighed quietly. "There, that should take care if it." she muttered. Walking off and sitting in a chair, the young witch slumped over the table, head in palm as she looked at Nancy quietly. Sighing, again, she decided she wanted to get over the whole issue quickly. It wasn't that big of a deal and clearly it wasn't worth effort to really make a huge deal over it. Plus Parker liked this human and didn't really want to cause problems. 

"I like your drawings. I think they're good." Parker finally added after a few moments of her just being in her head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back