Anime & Manga What’s your favorite anime?

I haven’t really watched much anime in the last few years. Attack on Titan, Overlord and Fullmetal Alchemist are the only ones I’ve seen “recently.” That being said, my favorite anime when I was a child was Pokémon. My favorite when I was in high school was Naruto. Nowadays it’s hard to decide, but I’d have to say Attack on Titan is my favorite out of the anime I’ve seen “recently.”

My favorite would have to be either Kekkai Sensen (or Blood Blockade Battlefront), or My Hero Academia. I'm not sure which. I love the comedy and general insanity of Kekkai Sensen, and it gets pretty emotional at various points as well. As for My Hero Academia, I just love superhero shit in general (comic book movies are often my favorite movies of the year like Endgame), and the unique way they blend it with anime tropes and everything else just makes me all giddy

Mine is Yu Yu Hakusho. I also really love My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man and so many others.

• My Hero Academia
  • One-Punch Man
  • Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
  • Dragon Ball
  • Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • Naruto
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Kengan Ashura
  • One Piece

Mine would have to be Deadman Wonderland. But since the anime was short-lived, the Manga takes that trophy. My other one that I liked was Dagashi Kashi.

Slayers and Rurouni Kenshin.
Never tried to rp any of them though but did cosplays for both.

I admittedly haven't been watching a whole lot of anime since I tend to dedicate my time on one anime only when I'm watching something, but I do have a few favorites under my belt.

- First one off the top of my head would be Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans. Awesome machines, awesome combat scenes, awesome music. Season 2 was a bit of a letdown, but it did have its amazing moments. It's what also got me into collecting a few Robot Damashii figures and generally got me to appreciate mecha anime more.

- Second one would be Gangsta. Admittedly, I only watched it because I thought the name was funny. Nicolas Brown to this day still remains one of the more unique anime protagonists I've seen, and the grittiness of it all just gets to me in all the right ways.

- Throwing a bit of a curveball here. The BanG Dream! series. Don't misinterpret the name; it's an anime revolving around five (now six thanks to the 2nd and 3rd season) girl bands, and the music is quite varied and amazing all in their own way. Season 1 revolves around only one band but the 2nd season introduces the other four, who you'll actually get to meet and witness the stories of if you play the game (BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!). 3rd season is currently airing and it's putting more focus on the sixth band, RAISE A SUILEN.

- Alright, back to our regularly scheduled gritty anime. No Guns Life is pretty promising. It's basically a dystopian future where almost everyone's a cyborg and there's a shady corporation behind all of these dealings. With a gun-headed (and I mean that literally) protagonist voiced by Junichi Suwabe present, what's not to love?

Those are probably the ones I can name off the top of my head. If you're into the kind of genres I am, I definitely recommend some of them.

Attack of Titan is definitely at the top of my list.

Honourable mentions are Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex and Arise OVA. Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagan and Kill la Kill.

Mine would be 91 Days, Golgo 13, and Arslan Senki!

Of course I like the more famous ones like Konosuba and Overlord, but I just wanted to talk about the lesser-known ones!

I really like Haikyuu since my best friend is a volleyball player and we watch it together. Hetalia is also still a thing for me (mostly because the blatant stereotypes is hilarious to me). And I'm not sure if this counts but 50% Off (yes the series by Octopimp on Youtube) is literally the best thing ever. If you haven't watched it you're missing out XD

I don't have a single, but this would take forever categorically.

Ghost in the shell,
Hellsing though mostly now the ultimate version and parody,
Both full metal alchemists,
Big O,
Gundam iron blooded orphans,
Attack on titan,
Black lagoon,
Claymore,
Blood +,
Deadman wonderman,
Girl's und panzer/girls and armor or tanks/fräulein und panzer, I like the drifting of tanks. Bet the allies woulda had a stroke over it.
Girl's last tour,
Corpse party for the death,
Black butler,
Akame ga kill for obvious reasons. I mean just look at this list's pattern.
Saga of Tanya the evil,
[Addendum] Elfenlied. Forgot the name for a second so didn't add it prior. Its a top 3 to me.
And highschool of the dead. Yeet yeet dab.

Last edited:
Well, time to be a basic anime bitch!

I really like MHA, but in my low defense, I haven't seen much anima. I feel like if I watch Full Metal Alchemist (which I'm planning on doing....eventually) I'll enjoy it a lot, though.​

Full Metal Panic Series
Last Exile
My Roommate is a cat
My sister the writer
Testament of a sister new devil
Ranma 1/2
GATE
Cat Planet Cuties
NekoPara
Ashieteruze Baby
My Hero Academia
Domestic Girlfriend
Fukka
Suzuka
Robotech
Macross
Legends of the Galactic Heroes
Mobile Suit Gundam
You're under Arrest!
Inyuasha
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Super
If It's for My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Erased
Golden Time
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Interviews wih monster girls
Rail Wars
Strike Witches
Teasing Master Takagi-san
The Devil is a part timer

Among my favorites we have Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate, on a more underrate and obscure plan we have Death Parade and Monster, Blood+.

My two most favorite Anime series are kiseijuu sei no kakuritsu and ansatsu kyoushitsu. I've also been watching JJBA, Dr. Stone, Fire Force and Food Wars

• Pandora Hearts
  • Nanatsu no Taizai
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • Boku No Hero
  • Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • Wolfs Rain
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Beastars
  • Digimon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back