Other What’s the pettiest thing you’ve done on RPN?

Lord Aphrodite

To conquer death, you only have to die.
Self explanatory.

The pettiest thing I’ve done is ignoring (blocking) someone for posting a meme-ish picture in a serious thread.

What about you guys?

Long time ago, I was doing an arranged marriage role-play. The girl I was role-playing with ignored my messages and always did what she wanted without any regard to my character or other NPCs that would make sense in the storyline, so it definitely got me angry and so I had my character commit suicide so he wouldn't marry her.

She got pissed as hell and I enjoyed it.

Long time ago, I was doing an arranged marriage role-play. The girl I was role-playing with ignored my messages and always did what she wanted without any regard to my character or other NPCs that would make sense in the storyline, so it definitely got me angry and so I had my character commit suicide so he wouldn't marry her.

She got pissed as hell and I enjoyed it.
I would have done the same thing too.

roleplayed with someone who constantly used a mary sue persona, put up with it because i was genuinely enjoying where the roleplay was going.

they crossed a line, i told them off, blocked their number, and haven't spoken to them since. in retrospect it was probably too petty but i was a dramatic thirteen year old and it made sense to me.

Alright, let's get into this! This is gonna be a long one and I'll be hanging around this thread to let all y'all know the petty shit I did over my two-or-three years something years on RPN. If you know me, you know that I can be very petty.

Disclaimer!!!: While some of you may understand that I'm talking about specific people here (NAMES WILL BE CHANGED CHANGED!), I do not condone going out of your way to witch hunt or spite them. They're probably decent people (even if their heads are screwed on the wrong way). If you're a close friend, you probably heard me rant about these people before. So yeah, don't be a dick and if you find them, especially don't be biased about what I said toward them.

Got that out of the way. Good? Good.

Well, put on your seatbelts and lemme tell you about...stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against specific fetishes/fetish niches. Please don't kinkshame anyone. This is about someone who was outright being obnoxious.

The last thing you want in your plotted Discord RP is someone else's foot fetish, but that might be just what you get. (Dead meme I know, it was just perfect).

I have absolutely nothing against people with fetishes. But when someone just inserts it into the RP like it's nothing, and the whole story devolves into every other post (from that person) mentioning your character's feet, then there's a problem. We'll call this person...McBaconD, or D for short.

D was a genuinely nice human at first. He approached me normally like anyone would and suggested post apocalyptic. Nice!

We chatted a bit and eventually hit it off with this zombie apocalypse roleplay that had a great premise. He specifically requested that I play a female who isn't "fragile and useless", so I assumed he just didn't mean a kid. I eventually settled on this MMA fighter that faced some struggles when it came to fighting zombies but could use a baseball bat and was physically fit.

Now as we got into the RP a bit more, D kept bullshitting the characters out of dangerous situations. I swear, his character kept pulling things like bullets out of his ass (counted, there were somewhere around 21 shots fired without reloading from a revolver) as well as radios to get law enforcement. In...an apocalypse...yeah okay. But why? Wouldn't this just be standard conflict-avoiding RP?

No, he wanted a very specific conflict. His character wanted them both to crawl through an air vent like you do in spy movies. And then, that one damn post happened where this character started fantasizing about my character's feet.

Fantasizing. About. MC's. Feet.

We're on the run from zombies and have to crawl through some air vent. Right? Let's mention something that's never been established before. Because, you know, if you're the one who asks for RP, you're obviously allowed to decide what another character's body parts look like.

I wasn't mad about the feet thing as much as I was about him deciding everything about my character (with...an unnecessary emphasis on feet).

Eventually I got tired of it. Every single post afterwards was about feet. D probably didn't know I'd catch on or something, so I eventually started posting slower and slower.

I got sick of it, so I had this character lose both her legs to a zombie. Yes, including the feet.

D threw a bunch of swears at me and left.

TL ; DR - Unwelcomed foot fetish vibes? Remove the problem entirely. In hindsight, I probably should've told him that it was making me uncomfortable, but being petty worked the same.

Alright, let's get into this! This is gonna be a long one and I'll be hanging around this thread to let all y'all know the petty shit I did over my two-or-three years something years on RPN. If you know me, you know that I can be very petty.

Disclaimer!!!: While some of you may understand that I'm talking about specific people here (NAMES WILL BE CHANGED CHANGED!), I do not condone going out of your way to witch hunt or spite them. They're probably decent people (even if their heads are screwed on the wrong way). If you're a close friend, you probably heard me rant about these people before. So yeah, don't be a dick and if you find them, especially don't be biased about what I said toward them.

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against specific fetishes/fetish niches. Please don't kinkshame anyone. This is about someone who was outright being obnoxious.

The last thing you want in your plotted Discord RP is someone else's foot fetish, but that might be just what you get. (Dead meme I know, it was just perfect).

I have absolutely nothing against people with fetishes. But when someone just inserts it into the RP like it's nothing, and the whole story devolves into every other post (from that person) mentioning your character's feet, then there's a problem. We'll call this person...McBaconD, or D for short.

D was a genuinely nice human at first. He approached me normally like anyone would and suggested post apocalyptic. Nice!

We chatted a bit and eventually hit it off with this zombie apocalypse roleplay that had a great premise. He specifically requested that I play a female who isn't "fragile and useless", so I assumed he just didn't mean a kid. I eventually settled on this MMA fighter that faced some struggles when it came to fighting zombies but could use a baseball bat and was physically fit.

Now as we got into the RP a bit more, D kept bullshitting the characters out of dangerous situations. I swear, his character kept pulling things like bullets out of his ass (counted, there were somewhere around 21 shots fired without reloading from a revolver) as well as radios to get law enforcement. In...an apocalypse...yeah okay. But why? Wouldn't this just be standard conflict-avoiding RP?

No, he wanted a very specific conflict. His character wanted them both to crawl through an air vent like you do in spy movies. And then, that one damn post happened where this character started fantasizing about my character's feet.

We're on the run from zombies and have to crawl through some air vent. Right? Let's mention something that's never been established before. Because, you know, if you're the one who asks for RP, you're obviously allowed to decide what another character's body parts look like.

I wasn't mad about the feet thing as much as I was about him deciding everything about my character (with...an unnecessary emphasis on feet).

Eventually I got tired of it. Every single post afterwards was about feet. D probably didn't know I'd catch on or something, so I eventually started posting slower and slower.

I got sick of it, so I had this character lose both her legs to a zombie. Yes, including the feet.

TL ; DR - Unwelcomed foot fetish vibes? Remove the problem entirely. In hindsight, I probably should've told him that it was making me uncomfortable, but being petty worked the same.
Omg

I am not a big fan of multifandoms, and I make no secret of it. At one point in RPN though, things were getting so saturated with them that I got a little ticked off and decided to join one that stated "OP characters allowed", so I decided to make a character that was quite literally invencible, with not that many abilities, but abilities specifically designed to counter absolutely everything. At the time, something got into my head like "Ok, you think these power disparities aren't important? I'll show ya.".

#maturity :P

So, I ended up working on the character, and truth be told, I ended up developing it way more than I innitially expected, full with a whole plot and everything, even leaving a couple small weaknesses. I got accepted (not that I wouldn't have been anyways), but the RP died before the first posts were out.

I think that was just about the pettiest thing I ever did on RPN, to my memory at least.

Update:

A person ticked me off to the point of me dropping, so I got rid of all the ratings I gave them, then dropped them.

Hahahaha XD

I once had this partner who made the entire roleplay about her character. I should mention we were doubling, so my pairing sort of got left out in the dark. I tried to work with her, but after awhile I got fed up with it all. I was playing a male to her female, so I had the guy completely ignore her character and I had him interact with my female character only. It was sort of like a 'screw you' situation at the time.

Joining, posting a thread about being ignored on other sites, and then using that thread to try and kickstart an rp.

I have ignored people who were incessantly spamming me (and made sure that if I even messaged back that they were the very last person I answered. This includes texting other people first, checking stuff on other sites, etc. THEN I reply).

I have also dropped when I got replies that were basically full of RP no-nos (ex. Controlling my character).

So let's dust off those petty boots. I have blocked :
- people who have more than one interest check at any given time
- teenagers that complain about age limits
- obvious trolls (not petty more for my blood pressure)
- People who say they are looking for specific gendered partners for romance
- People who I know I'll just get into arguments with

There was an RP I was interested in once and the two GMs kept resisting me. They just wouldn't hear that an American student might see going to Japan as an adventure. Nooo... So they said all this stuff about add this and that and basically admitted to stalking, but none of that was what made me drop it. No, the final nail in the coffin was them railing against my character's face claim.

There was an RP I was interested in once and the two GMs kept resisting me. They just wouldn't hear that an American student might see going to Japan as an adventure. Nooo... So they said all this stuff about add this and that and basically admitted to stalking, but none of that was what made me drop it. No, the final nail in the coffin was them railing against my character's face claim.

OMG. I literally had someone tell me once my character was "too ugly" for a school roleplay because they were very pale and has frizzy hair. And I should mention this was in a HARRY POTTER school roleplay. Where the main female character has FRIZZY HAIR.

Also like .... fuck you next time I'll find a kid with braces, unkempt hair, and horrific acne.

Pettiest? Probably kicked someone out of an RP of mine because I'd had bad experiences with them in the past....

...but someone else in the RP was feeling uncomfortable that they were there, so I think it was okay...?

I can be really petty as a GM, but I don't let it get in the way of the story. Instead, I use it to my advantage in storytelling.
Latest example had a self-insert character who was a giant robot who made other robots to fight for him. He wrote all these posts about how his robots easily hacked through the firewalls of the big bad's security and gained "all their details."

Rather than tell him no I adapted. You see, the big bad was a scheming immortal Emperor who had led his people from a million years. So it turned out that said Emperor allowed the mary-sue PC to hack him, and from there he gave him false knowledge on a strategy he was planning on another country. Said self-insert, Mary Sue PC went to warn those people but self-insert Mary Sue PC was also an asshole who was terrible at diplomacy. Through sheer incompetence he convinced the other country he was a threat to them.
Basically it was a nation of Vampires, Mages and Werewolves. He showed up with units equipped with silver bullets and ultra-violet emitters, and told them "Should keep the Vampires away."

One of my own characters showed up and tried to be diplomatic, but then the immortal Emperor showed up and revealed that the data was part of contingency plans in case the country attacked his own Empire.
It didn't help that said self-insert Mary Sue PC had committed mass genocide against ghosts, and my character was a Necromancer/Moros Mage who helped ghosts pass on.
Immortal Emperor has footage of the genocide and shares it. Eventually, said Mary Sue self-insert PC tries to hack not just the Immortal Emperor again, but everyone on the planet who had footage of his war crimes.
Empire hacked him back and got a few of his units to attack people...And then the player left the RP. Wrote a big post about a sudden God showing up (despite all the Gods being dead) and transporting him to another RP.

Another petty thing I've done: made my characters do something else when someone was trying to control my characters.

Not on RPN but whatever

told This girl I tried to rp with a few years back to eat shit and immediately blocked her.
Reason? We got two messages into the roleplay, I replied with a little scene progression as well as introducing my character, and she blew up at me because I did something that wasn't in her original idea. She said that I should not have my own ideas and I should only go along with what SHE wanted for the roleplay because she thought of it. I told her that roleplays are a joint effort, and she told me that no, it's her story. She also tried saying that MY CHARACTER belonged to HER because, again, she thought of the plot. So yeah. eat shit bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back