Other What’s made you happy recently?

Cares

On UK Time
Instead of all that negativity, let’s focus on making this thread a good one.

What’s made you happy recently/what’s a good thing that’s happened to you, no matter how small?

I was really bummed lately that I was unable to go to my church choir's rehearsals for our annual tour. But I was able to go Monday and I'm able to go tonight, so that's cheered me up significantly :)

I'd been going through a tough time. My best friend of 4 years got mad at me and stopped talking to me. But yesterday we finally patched things up! It was the biggest relief i've felt in forever

It has been like halfway warm outside for 2 days in a row now after snowing on and off for the past month, and the weather finally looks like it's supposed to consistently get warmer.

Not at all!

But I bet there has been a time recently. Even if it was for a tiny moment. Something that made you smile or laugh :)

In an evil way, probably. Firing my subordinate in favour of a much better one. He was getting on my nerves for the last two years with his amazing level of unreliability and lack of basic understanding of his job. It took me a long time to convince my boss to get rid of him, and hire a better designer. I am a bad guy for getting someone hired, but I feel so much relief.

In an evil way, probably. Firing my subordinate in favour of a much better one. He was getting on my nerves for the last two years with his amazing level of unreliability and lack of basic understanding of his job. It took me a long time to convince my boss to get rid of him, and hire a better designer. I am a bad guy for getting someone hired, but I feel so much relief.

LMAO there we go!!

That’s the spirit

The thought that finals are over in one mere week and that I will get my professional high school graduation. Finally, my mental health cocktail cayn come down after I am done.

Finding this site! I haven't done online roleplay in years and I'm so happy I found a place to be super creative and nerdy!

I had a dental appointment today and as I walked outside to wait for the rest of my family, there was a Canada goose sitting in the middle of a concrete planter. She was picking up random pieces of debris around herself and throwing it under her body. I thought it was quite strange of her to behave that way, until I saw what she was sitting on.

There lay seven of her eggs, each about the size of a large fist. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that she had made her nest in the middle of a noisy parking lot. At first I was concerned for her safety, but people generally didn't point or bother her in any way. I spent about half an hour just watching her build her nest, sometimes getting a peak at her unborn hatchlings.

I read that goslings hatch after about 25-30 days. I hope they make it out safely!

You... do realise that makes the two of us badguys? c:
Nah, you’re helping the company. You’re also creating a better work environment for yourself.

Work is very important because it takes up 80% of your life. You have to make the best of it and you did :3

I love my career, I love my husband and I’m loving that I’m addicted to role playing again : D

You didn't count weekends, holidays and vacation. I did. It's about 20 per cent.
I actually did try to do the calculation, but the fact that my career has different vacation times than most. I figured there was no point to calculate the exact percentage.

Work < 33%

Is my reasonable deduction without mindlessly calculating.

So, I deduced that your percentage was more accurate than mine (mine was quite literally an exaggeration, but there’s nothing wrong with having a little more accuracy xD)

I actually did try to do the calculation, but the fact that my career has different vacation times than most. I figured there was no point to calculate the exact percentage.
You have less vacation than most people? :o what kind of work is that, though?

I counted all the working days minus weekends and holidays and got 247 working days, vs 118 holidays+weekends. Generally, there are for weeks per year of official vacation (if you take them) so it's 7x4-2x4 (four weeks minus the weekends, since I counted them already) = 227 working days. 8-hour shift is a third of a day, so it's 1816 working hours per year, and a year is 8760 hours.
Now, about a percentage: (100/8760)x1816=20,7. So working hours are 20,7% of the year.

But! If we speak life, the thing gets complicated, as people don't work their entire life. Roughly, if we work since 18 till 65, and live for 100 years... I'm too lazy to do the math... but it;'s 47 years from 100 years of work, which is less than a half, which rounds up our work per life to 10-12 per cent of our existence.

And this calculation actually made me feel better. Things aren't as scary as I thought them to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back