Other What’s made you happy recently?

You have less vacation than most people? :o what kind of work is that, though?

I counted all the working days minus weekends and holidays and got 247 working days, vs 118 holidays+weekends. Generally, there are for weeks per year of official vacation (if you take them) so it's 7x4-2x4 (four weeks minus the weekends, since I counted them already) = 227 working days. 8-hour shift is a third of a day, so it's 1816 working hours per year, and a year is 8760 hours.
Now, about a percentage: (100/8760)x1816=20,7. So working hours are 20,7% of the year.

But! If we speak life, the thing gets complicated, as people don't work their entire life. Roughly, if we work since 18 till 65, and live for 100 years... I'm too lazy to do the math... but it;'s 47 years from 100 years of work, which is less than a half, which rounds up our work per life to 10-12 per cent of our existence.

And this calculation actually made me feel better. Things aren't as scary as I thought them to be.
Technically, I get more vacation! xD
I get Spring Break, Winter Break, and Summer Break plus holidays and whatnot, so I have more time off!

The fact that's summer right around the corner.
The dog at home who doesn't know the meaning of personal space.
And air conditioning, 'cause it's the devil's armpit where I am right now.

Lately, I've been going through some tough times but I think what made me happiest recently is just hugging my mom before she left for work. We don't talk a lot, so it was nice seeing her and talking with her. Our relationship isn't bad, we just don't talk a lot lolz. We both love our personal space...

What made me happy recently? Well the major thing that happened to me "recently" that made me very happy was marrying to my wife.

i finished all my fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinalllllllllsssssssssss!

and to echo some previous sentiments, my partner makes me happy constantly

I’ve been reading tarot cards for 3 years now. My mom started reading with a tarot deck I got for her for her birthday. I was so excited to se ever post a video of her first reading ♥️

Subject located, MTF Septim-12 "IT Department" has been mobilised.

SCP-5000

View attachment 396230
Subject's first post

Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:

Site is to be given a continual DDoS (Ended after the thread is successfully deleted) and an amnestic cognitohazardous image will be sent to all known viewers of the thread.

Description:

SCP-5000 is a thread titled "The Happiness thread! :D" created by user [Redacted] on the date of [Redacted]/[Redacted]/2018, on viewing of the page a subject, therein known as SCP-5000-1, will become joyful, dangerously so, after multiple hours after viewing of SCP-5000 SCP-5000-1 will suffer cardiac arrest and ultimately, die of a heart attack.

Experiment 1:

D-Class subject is shown the image.

Subject died after four hours of pure joy.

Experiment 2:

D-Class subject diagnosed with chronic depression is shown the image.

Subject immediately commit suicide by breaking the one way mirror and cutting their jugular vein, subject screamed the words: "I'll never be this happy again".

Can't we buy something better than one way mirrors? - Dr. Langley

You know thats not in our budget, Langley. - Dr. Rohn

Experiment 3:

Image is shown to SCP-096.

[DATA EXPUNGED]

(Why did i put time into this?)

What am i doing with my life?

I know i'll be seeing SCP-5000 sometime again, man.
Your SCP post lowkey made my night haha
God, I love SCP-5000

d96.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back