Idea WH40K Group: Can it even be done?

Oh hey Murdergurl!
Ever since the GM of our nascent game went AWOL, I had the bitter taste in my mouth regarding RPN and sporadic 40K games that do appear on here. Imagine my surprise when I found your name while searching for any interesting 40K games! It seems I am always a month or so late for the games! Your Retinue idea casts a wide net, and its a quick and easy way to find games. It seems for some reason its harder to replicate that success on RPN for some reason, some of which Beconcall elaborated on nicely. I've been into 40K RP for a decade now, and I prefer the narrative games (nothing against tabletop RPGs!). I just love writing 40K I guess.

update: I have closed the WH40K request. Still in the mood for something in that vein. But I'm dropping the retinue idea for the time being. Might work on an Ork themed request if I can't get something going on other sites.

If you are still interested in our grimdark nuns, shoot me a PM, I frequent a Discord place where peeps play several games, one of them featuring a homebrewn Sororita order, but other canon orders are welcome too. Plenty of games there between a lot of people so you will have your pick of 40K games if you broaden your horizons in that field.

The backdrop for Server 1, is that it is revolving around a homebrewn Chapter of Space marines in the Indomitus Era, and players can play anyone from regular Joe, to leaders of Imperial or Eldar factions in the system or neighborhood system to where the aforementioned Chapter is located, as it tries to weather the side-effects of Noctus Aeterna, as well as rebuilt.

Also, I have another group (lets call it Server 2) that plays both 40K and 30K and a bit of other universes (SW, ME) but not regularly. Its a server where a ton of games have been played and there is not a lot of homebrew floating around. Unlike Group 1, the games made here and usually up to canon and depends from GM to GM.

If anyone is interested for either Server1 or Server 2, just so you know, this second, older group, has at some point during the last decade, played I think an RP game with every faction in 40K at some point. It has become a sort of a hub for all the mini-Discord servers that each GM has, from where they launch their games. And Iron Messiah has blessed us actually, cause there is something like Imperial Retinue that Murdergurl made, in the making right now. Started gathering interest and steam yesterday actually!
Both Servers feature group, narrative games, where you will encounter several paragraphs minimum as a way of reply from other players.

Either way, let me know peeps.

Last edited:
I'd love to get involved with a Warhammer 40,000 RP. I've recently started to really enjoy the series. I'd specifically love an RP set in a Space Hulk.

I've had the same experiences in the past. I've always wanted a 40k RP that explores things from a setting and character perspective and yet found many 40k RPs to be mechanics intensive. Which, if I wanted that I'd just go find a tabletop group for rogue trader or something.

Still waiting for that day when I can do a glorious Imperial Guard squad RP that carries the same energy as Black Adder goes 4th.

Im actually working on one right now. Its a single planet adventure staring a pleasure world, A new chapter called the Blank Templar, And a game between the four chaos gods that bring their cults to the world.

Anyone find that appealing?

Would everyone need to be an astartes?
No i actually have 7 playable factions.

1. The Blank Templar,
2.The Cyndera Planetary Defense Force, 3.Vacationers/staff (high ranking imperial officials and general population.).
4-7. Then there is a cult for each chaos god complete with playable chaos champions

may want to trim back factions to either imperial or chaos
yeah i was iffy on the staff/vacationers one. I dont want the chaos factions to be aligned because a major part of the story is the chaos gods using the world as a contest site. But trimming it down to guardsmen/astartes for the imperium and Cultist/Deamon/Chaos champion for The Ruinous Powers.

i would keep it to one side of the conflict
So have just the imperium playable and control the cultists and chaos factions myself?
That was an initial idea but i figured people would want to play chaos.

Though now that you mention it keeping players on the same side might go a great deal smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back