• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Weymouth Academy Main (open)

tortellini

would sell my soul for a kazoo <3
Weymouth Academy, the school of your dreams. You’re finally here! At the orientation! You’re outdoors with your fellow students. Faculty pass out schedules and flyers, smiling kindly at you. A woman stands on a makeshift stage. Her hair is white, her lipstick is red. She looks intense.

“Hello, Weymouth Students! Welcome to your first day at the academy. Please open your student handbooks and skim over them.”

The rustling of paper is heard now, and students chattering. The woman taps the mic.

“My name is Aria Evangeline, and I am your principal. Today will be quite uneventful. No classes for the day, just to get you settled in.”

She pauses and smiles sweetly.

“You will be given a key to your dorm. 3 to a dorm. Feel free to make friends with another, you’re stuck for another 4 years!”
She laughs and steps off stage. A man now takes the mic.

“Please follow a staff member to your dorms. Thank you.”

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: No-One Yet | Mentions: No-One Yet

Eli stands outside with the flyer, schedule, and handbook in her hand. She looked around, trying to find a staff member. She looks a bit distressed, but it's kinda reasonable if you think about it. After all, would you feel the same if you were in a new school?

This was new and exciting to her, but it was also... frightening in a way. She was now in a school where she practically knows no one. She was away from her family, and it makes her a bit homesick. Everything felt strange to her.

But, at the same time, she could make new friends. She could hone her drawing skills and improve them. Anything could happen in this school. Positive or Negative, this school might turn out to be quite interesting for her.

She soon found a staff member to follow. As she followed them, she started to wonder about how will her new roommates will be like. She hopes that they're somewhat kind or at least won't bother her.

But, she could be wrong. You can never be too sure, after all. Her roommates might just tick her off a bit. She could somewhat handle it, though. Sure, since will have to stay with them for about four years, but she'll be fine. After all, she survived years of fake friends and being taken advantage of.

Like earlier, anything could happen.

Positive or Negative, anything you can think of has the possibility to happen.

No matter how good or bad it is.
code by Ri.a

Bailey watched their new principle walk off the stage, her thoughts already racing. She knew why she had been put in this school but where in the world was she supposed to start?! Getting up, she began to walk around, her flyer dangling casually in her hands as she glanced around the crowded room.

Well, might as well start making friends like the principle said, right? Immediately a dark haired girl caught her attention. She seemed a bit nervous, which was understandable considering their new environment. Bailey always saw the more timid people as the easiest to get along with, so she walked up to the girl.

“Hello. I’m Bailey Reed,” she began with a small smile, “I guess we should be looking for some friends huh?”

She left it at that, not wanting to push a conversation that the girl might not even want to have.

meister12 meister12

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: Bailey Reed | Mentions: THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli is a bit surprised, but her expression soon softens a bit. She looks at the girl who introduced herself as Bailey with a small, awkward smile as she said, "Oh, um... hello.... I'm Nirveli Quill, but I prefer Eli". Bailey seemed nice, but Eli can never be sure. Then again, it won't hurt to be at least friendly.

She then added, "We should be looking for some friends, but maybe after we explore the school a bit... After all, you might find a few places where potential friends might be at". That was her answer to Bailey's question, or at least Eli thinks it's a question.

She didn't say anything else, as that's all she could think of to say. Even though she's trying to a bit friendly and maybe a bit more social, she can't help it but be timid. It just seems hard for her to do it.

She guesses that after years of being taking advantage of, her timidness, quietness, and shyness is some sort of Defense Mechanism. Of course, maybe she just thinking about this too much. Maybe it's time to stop having so many thoughts and go with the flow.

But she can't really control it, so she just has to deal with.

Back to reality, Eli waits for Bailey's answer, if she has one.
code by Ri.a

Noting her very timid and somewhat closed off behavior, Bailey made a mental note to not be too insensitive to the girl. She had been told many times that she could sometimes forget others had feelings really, although she preferred the phrase “speaking without thinking”. The previous made it seem like she didnt care at all about how others felt.

Really Bailey was quite a perceptive girl, but when it came to really understanding how people felt, it was a bit more difficult. So while Eli was very much on edge and Bailey could clearly see that, she really had no idea how to handle it, so she kept talking, hoping it would calm the girl’s nerves.

“Eli..that’s a nice name. I have an aunt named Eli, although I rarely get to see her. So how did you end up here? Whats your talent?”

meister12 meister12

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: Bailey Reed | Mentions: THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli smiled a bit as she said, "Well, thank you. Anyways... I'm here because I was 'good' at the arts, especially drawing and painting". Now that she thought about, drawing was her favorite thing to do. It allows her to be creative with just a simple pencil and a piece of paper.

With painting, the paintbrush just moves so smoothly and gracefully with every swipe. It just feels great when she makes strokes of paint with a paintbrush. Also, it just feels so calming and relaxing.

She soon adds, "I mean... I guess my drawings and paintings are decent, but it's not exactly good... At least it isn't bad either". She might not seem confident in her abilities as an soon-to-be-hopefully artist, but she just feels like she can improve. After all, there's so many techniques she can use to improve her art.

She asks, "If you don't mind me asking, now that I told you why I'm here, why are you here?". After answering Bailey's question, she was curious at why Bailey was here too. She wonders what her talent is.

After all, she seems like an interesting person to Eli.
code by Ri.a

At the mention of Eli’s talents, the girl seemed to brighten up a lot more. Watching her get excited about drawing and art made Bailey feel a little more relaxed, and she smiled comfortably while she listened.

“Oh I’m sure you’re selling yourself short,” Bailey assured her companion as they made their way to the dorms, her gaze wandering through the hallways as she simultaneously tried to memorize where she was, “otherwise I don’t think you would’ve gotten in. You see, I’m here because of theater! Well, that and I play the piano and sing, but mostly theater.

“My mom was a huge theater geek and that’s kinda how I got into it I guess.” She shrugged, turning back to Eli. “You should really show me some of your drawings sometime! I would love to see them.”

meister12 meister12

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Hallways | Interacting with: Bailey Reed | Mentions: THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli never felt herself smiled this brightly before. She felt really comfortable with Bailey, it made it easier for Eli to trust her easily. To her, Bailey had this nice atmosphere around her. She didn't why she felt more comfortable around her, but the feeling wasn't bad.

She said, "I actually used to be in Theater from time to time. It was fun, but to be honest, I just prefer to paint or draw". She soon adds, "Anyways, I'm willing to show tou my drawings sometimes. It would be a bit fun to show others my art. Maybe I could see you in a play or musical one day". She giggles a bit, not sure why she did that but it just felt right.

Eli looks around the hallways, seeing a few things of interest. All of this seems so amazing, that she can't believe that this was the place she was in. To be honest, she was expecting to just be in a regular High School.

She expected to stay in the city she lived in. She expected to just be a normal person. She expected that she wouldn't be chosen for anything special.

But now, she was in an fantastical school that seems more like a dream than reality. It all felt surreal in a way. And she was her becauae of her art skills. It was because she good at two things: drawing and painting.

Might sound a bit cliche, but if this is a dream, she not waking up.
((I'm going to go to sleep now. Goodnight!))
code by Ri.a

Bailey clapped her hands excitedly at the prospect of her and Eli “sharing” talents. She could flip through tons of notebooks of her drawings (at least thats what Bailey imagined artists notebooks to be like, filled with pages and pages of drawings, finished or unfinished), while Eli could come see her in whatever production they decided to hold at this school.

“I wonder what the productions are like here... OH! Maybe you could join backstage! You know, with you art skills? You could paint a backdrop or something! That would be pretty cool.” Bailey exclaimed. She hadnt realized her voice had grown louder with excitement until their guide had hushed her. She giggled, but dropped to a whisper.

Before she could continue the conversation, their guide turned to them, announcing that they had arrived at their dorms. Bailey stood still for a while, not sure if they should just walk in or if they were assigned one.

meister12 meister12

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: The Dorms | Interacting with: Bailey Reeda | Mentions: THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli giggled a bit at Bailey's excitement, as well as her being hushed by the guide. Seeing someone being so excited that it made her worries go away. For once, she felt so alive, if she can describe it as that. She didn't know what the feeling was.

But it was great.

When Bailey said she should join backstage for productions, she was about to answer when the guide guide annouced they arrived at their dorms. She had completely forgotten about the dorms. She doesn't know if she'll be assign to one or just walk into a random room.

She wished that she knew, so she wouldn't have to be awkward. She didn't knew what to do now. What should she do?

She just stood there, unsure what to do. She just hope that the people she'll be sharing a room with are nice. Maybe she'll even end up in a room with Bailey. She didn't knew what could happen.

All that she knows, she'll be spending four years with those people.
code by Ri.a

don’t act like you don’t miss me, lovely.

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Dorms | Interacting with: Kailo/Kai and Bailey(ish) | Mentions: tortellini tortellini THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli was a bit surprised when the girl who introduced herself as Kai spoke. To be honest, she didn't noticed her until now. She was busy focusing on Bailey that she didn't realize there was another girl with them. Who knew that getting invested in an conversation caused her to not pay attention to anything else?

She took a quick look at Bailey before saying to Kai, "O-Oh, h-hello...! I'm Nirveli, but please call me Eli... N-Nice to meet you". She was still a bit shock by the sudden voice of Kai that she acted a bit more timid than usual. That ended up in her stuttering a bit.

Despite being a bit surprised by Kai, Kai seemed cool. She hoped she could get along with Kai. After all, she'll be roommates with her after all. For probably four years, infact. They might be able to at least tolerate each other.

Eli, on the other hand, was really happy ro end up being roommates with Bailey. She really likes how Bailey acts and how excited she seems when talking about certain thimgs. Also, Bailey was one of the first people she interacted with in this school.

She has a feeling that this will be an interesting year.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Shooting a glance at Eli, she waited for her to move. Unfortunately it seemed that she was just as confused about the dorm situation that she was. After a few moments of awkward silence, the girl that had been following them fairly quietly finally spoke up. Bailey had been partially aware of her, but when she was talking with Eli she hadnt bothered to introduce herself to this girl who called herself Kai.

Bailey was surprised as Eli gave a small introduction. She seemed to trip over her words a lot, and she assumed it was because Kai was relatively new. As each minute passed with her new friend, she seemed to realize more and more how the girl worked. Bailey gave Kai a small smile herself.

“Hi. I’m Bailey. I’m sure this will be really fun! Actually, me and Eli were just talking about how we got into the academy. How did you end up here?” She asked as she made her way into the dorm. She held her backpack closely, careful not to bump it into anything or anyone on her way in.

meister12 meister12 tortellini tortellini

Jack-Vanderhart-Messy-Dark-Hair-Men-Messy-Hairstyles.jpg
Mathias
Mention(s): meister12 meister12

Mathias smiled as he slid his his hands into his pocket. His blue eyes watching the new students. Most of the juniors and seniors came to scope out the freshman, as if it wasn't obvious the second they step foot on campus. There were a few pretty faces in the crowd, but he doubted he would have the chance to mingle much. The principal gave her short speech before passing the mic off; when he was a freshman he didn't find the introduction that welcoming, but he was eager to join the campus community - anything to stretch his wings. Some students stood while others moved to seek out their staff members. Mathias took that a chance to head inside before he got trapped behind the nervous newbies. Once last glance back, he grinned. New students always made things more interesting. They shifted the power dynamics of the school.

A dark haired girl moved toward a staff member. He paused a moment to watch her. Her short brown locks bounced while she walked. She was pretty with her round face, dark eyes, and soft features. Before he turned around he crashed into a hard object. His blue eyes darted to the large man standing in front of him, a frown across his thin lips. "Sorry," Mathias said. The man gave him a stiff nod before he chuckled. Mathias ducked around him and headed toward his dorm room. Who was that? He ran his fingers through his hair before chuckling, freshman.

meister12 meister12 THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Walking in, Bailey glanced around their new “home”. It wasnt as big as the one she lived in, but she knew it wouldnt be. This was a dorm, not a house. However, it was a lot bigger than she was expecting it to be. She giggled as Kai ran to the middle bedroom, apparently already calling dibs.

“Alright then, I’ll be in this bedroom if anyone needs me!” She smiled, heading towards the bedroom furthest from the door. She always had a thing about intruders breaking in, and if there ever happened to be one (which she highly doubted), she didnt want to be the first one to have to fight him/ her off. Of course she wasnt going to voice that to her roommates, they would either look at her like she was crazy or be offended that she was being so selfish.

As she stepped into her new room, she quickly put on her old sheets and blankets from her bed back at her real home. Thankfully they fit just fine. She wouldnt have to ask her parents to get her new ones! Like Kai, she threw most of her stuff on the floor and flopped on her bed. In her hand Bailey had an old playbook from the musical she was in that had brought her here. Ah, what great times! She flipped through it slowly, smiling at all of the familiar faces of the cast and crew.

Mentions: tortellini tortellini

meister12 meister12 THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Her Dorm Room to Outdoors | Interacting with: No-One| Mentions: tortellini tortellini THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Eli walked into the last room that was available. Once she enters, she starts putting away some of the items she had with her (which includes her schedule, the flyer, and the handbook). The timid female places her backpack on the bed and opens it up.

She takes out a few notebooks out of it, with included most of her drawings and a few ideas for what to draw next. She placed them with her student handbook and other stuff. After that, she went back to her bag and looked through it. She soon found what she was looking fot.

Eli took out some sheets & blankets that her older brother brought for her with money earned from chores. The female felt a bit homesick after seeing the items her brother spent some of his hard-earn money on. She missed her brother and even though he was adopted, he will always be her dear brother.

Trying to distract herself from those thoughts, she went on to put on the new sheets on the bed. After moving her backpack to the floor and trying to figure out how to put on the sheets without undoing it, she found that the sheets fit. She sighed in relief as she successfully did it.

Taking a moment to lay on the bed, she wondered what to do next. As she heard Kailo yell out that she was going out, she suddenly had a idea.

She quickly grabbed a pencil from her bag and a notebook that was with her other items. She left her room and went out of her shared dorm. Before she left, she yelled out, "I'll be going out!". And then, she finally left.

Just after leaving her dorm, she left the building as fast as possible. She looked around outside, hoping to find a bench or a tree to sit under. She hoped to waste some her time drawing before she has to head back.

Finding a convenient bench, she sat down on it and immediately started drawing in her notebook.
code by Ri.a

Mathias
Interaction(s): meister12 meister12

Mathias leaned against the door frame of his room and watched as several guys began unloading their items into their new rooms. Some were awkward as they introduced themselves, stuttering over their name as they shook the hands of their new roommate. He chuckled and waved as one of his friends walked by him. There were quite a few new guys moving into the rooms beside him. Most of them looked pretty chill, but it was hard to tell a lot about a person by their appearance, a mistake he learned his freshman year. His first roommate looked pretty athletic and nice, but he turned out to be a douche, always hitting on anything that walked by, which was different than how he first presented himself.

Mathias ducked inside his room and grabbed his headphones. Maybe he'd go for a run. He headed down the stairs and out of the dorms. The sun shone brightly in the sky when he stepped out and he wished he'd brought his shades. After sticking his headphones in his ears he looked around, there were some new faces mulling about and a familiar brunette was sitting on a nearby bench. He took a deep breath and headed over toward her. It wouldn't hurt to be friendly. When he was close he saw she had a notebook on her lap and a pencil in her hand. Artist maybe, there were many around campus.

He walked around the opposite side of the bench, giving her some space, before stopping to look at her. "Hey," he said with a soft smile. "This your first year?" He asked knowing full well it was, but playing it cool was his game plan. He didn't want to sound like he'd actually been scoping out all the new students.​

Bailey was vaguely aware that she had been left to her own devices, but only really realized she was alone after she had closed her playbook and set it down. The dorm was extremely quiet, and Bailey saw this as a very good opportunity. Grabbing her phone she opened up her playlist of songs, turning up the volume as high as it would go.

Setting her phone down on the counter in the kitchen, she began rummaging around in the cabinets and the fridge, inspecting some of the food items the school provided for incoming freshman. It wasnt a lot, but it was decent. Happy with her luck, she ended up finding ingredients to make some chocolate chip cookies! She wasnt the best at baking, but she assumed as long as she found a good recipe online and followed the steps they should turn out ok.

She desperately wanted to go find out everything she could about the school’s theater department, but honestly from all of the excitement of getting here and moving in she didnt have the energy, so she decided staying in was as good as it was gonna get for now. As she looked up different recipes she could use with the ingredients she had, she also began singing along with the songs.

It wasnt something she noticed she was doing right away. It usually happened as kind of a habit, something to sooth herself if she was a little nervous. By the time she had gotten a recipe and the ingredients out and ready, she was singing her heart out.

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: Mathias | Mentions: Alvaris Alvaris

Eli was surprised when she heard a voice of a male.
She looked up from her notebook, as she was in the middle of drawing. She saw a male who, in her opinion, was fairly handsome with his dark brown hair and blue eyes.

The female said, "Oh, h-hello". She might have stuttered a bit once again, but she was surprised. It just seemed like he appeared out of nowhere. She added, answering his question, "Y-yeah, this is my first year here".

He seemed nice, despite scaring her a bit. He had a calm and friendly feeling about him. She didn't knew why, but he just give off that kind of feeling. Eli has a small guess that he might be an older student, since it looks like he's been in this school for a while.

She soon asked him, "I-If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?". She was a bit curious what this mysterious male's name was. To her, he seemed like a person she could become friends with. She really doesn't know why she felt that way, but she just does.

She wait for the male's answer, giving him a bit of an awkward smile.
code by Ri.a

Mathias

Mathias shoved his phone and headphones into his pocket. He smiled. "Not at all. I'm Mathias," he said before taking a seat on the opposite side of the bench. He stuck his hand out toward her. She seemed startled by his presence, but she recovered well. He glanced at her notebook before meeting her brown eyes again. He was curious about what she was drawing, but didn't want to be rude and stare. "What are you drawing?" He was going to go for it anyway and he figured it might give them something to talk about.

She struck him as more of a quiet person with a calm spirit. Many of the girls he'd interacted with here were loud and liked to flaunt their talents, he hoped she wasn't like them and he didn't think she was; after this simple exchange he assumed she more shy and bashful. Most freshman were quieter, unless they had something to prove. Everyone was here for a reason and it annoyed him that they still felt like they had to prove themselves to someone. But, he felt the same way, which angered him. Sometimes he tried to pretend he wasn't like them, but felt caught in his parents shadow. He was out to prove he wasn't his parents and that he could carve his own path in the world.​

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: Mathias | Mentions: Alvaris Alvaris Yet

Eli smiled less awkwardly than before as she said, "I'm Nirveli, but I prefer to be called Eli. Nice to meet you, Mathias". After meeting two other people before, she felt a bit more confident introducing herself. The female held out her hand and shook Mathias' hand, before pullling it back.

She then responded to Mathias' question, "I'm just really drawing something random, but I think I can turn it into some kind of bench". She giggled a bit after saying that as she showed Mathias her drawing. It was unfinished, but it seemed like it could be a bench. It had the structure of a bench, after all.

She soon return to drawing a bench as the freshmen continued talking, "So, if don't mind me asking you a question again, what is the reason you got in this school? You don't have to tell me, though". She was curious since all of the people she met so far told her their talents.

That, and she wants to get to know Mathias more. Other than having an aura of calmness and friendliness, he was also mysterious. It intrigued her, making her want to know more about him. Also, he seemed like another interesting person to have around.

She just hope he'll respond to her question, and if not, there's always other things she can ask him.
code by Ri.a

CAMPAIGN-Jack-Vanderhart-for-Country-Road-Summer-2017-by-Pierre-Toussaint.-www.imageamplified....jpg
Mathias

Mathias nodded. "Nice to meet you too Eli," he said. Her name wasn't one he'd heard before, but he liked the sound of it. He looked at the drawing. "Yeah, I can see the bench." He lightly chuckled before the notepad returned to her lap. When she began drawing again his stomach tightened, was she trying to end the conversation? Once she asked him a question he sighed. He hadn't annoyed her, which was plausible, he had interrupted her.

He smiled. "It's not a secret." He shrugged before saying, "Music. I can play a few instruments, but my focus is drumming." He ran his fingers through his dark hair, which became a habit whether his hair needed it or not. "It's hard not to be involved with music when your family is musically inclined." He added with a short laugh; even his siblings had their own instruments. There wasn't one person in his immediate family that didn't sing or play some sort of instrument. "I don't want to make an asumption." He motioned toward her drawing. "But what are you here for?"​

Nirveli 'Eli' Quill

Location: Outdoors | Interacting with: Mathias | Mentions: Alvaris Alvaris

Eli said, "Well, I'm here because they say I'm good at drawing and painting". She soon added, "My art is pretry decent, I guess, but it's not the best. But it's not bad either, I hope at least". She giggled a bit at the end.

The artist did not know why, but she liked talking to Mathias. It was fun to hear him talk and become invested in their conversation. Maybe in the upcoming days, she can talk to him more. She doesn't know what could happen, but she hopes to see Mathias more.

As she is on verge of finishing her drawing, she soon asked, "So, other than drums, what other instruments do you play?". She asked that since he had mentioned he could play other instruments. She wanted to keep the conversation going before she'll head back to her dorm.

As she waits for an answer, she starts doodling tiny flowers and plants around the still-unfinished bench drawing.
code by Ri.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back