• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Casper

Casper’s heart clenched as Stu spoke to him, wholly uninterested. Was it possible that Stu was over everything? That he’d moved on?

It seemed likely enough. After all, everyone seemed to be getting over Casper recently. Stu started to strip, and Casper bit his lip, looking away with a light blush.

“I’m…” He trailed off. He couldn’t say how he was really feeling, how the world felt like it was collapsing around him, how he was getting left behind and wasn’t able to do anything about it, and for once, the usual ‘fine’ wouldn’t leave his mouth.

His gaze dropped to his feet, and as Stu shut his locker, Casper shrugged.

Of course, then Stu mentioned Aaron, and Casper’s heart clenched. He fought back the tears trying to gather in his eyes, pinching at his neck. “Oh, um. Aaron’s a bit busy. I don’t think he’d want me bothering him right now…”

Gathering his courage, Casper haltingly forced out the words he had wanted to say since January. “I’m… I’m sorry about Aaron. I didn’t- I didn’t want you to get”- His words got caught in his throat as it tightened, but he eventually forced it out, voice cracking under its weight. “Hurt.”

Maisie
tumblr_inline_powu673pzZ1u9urvd_400.gifv

Maisie rolled her eyes but her smile widened at his compliments, Aaron was sweet-- and not that she could be bribed with compliments, but she hasn't really heard a lot of em throughout the years, especially from someone she liked. "You're a good person too." Her gaze scanned the dance once again, what were they supposed to do? ... Dance? Maybe? What if she'd be bad at it? A hand reached up to mess with her earrings only to realize they weren't there.

Right. Maisie had took them off for tonight, cats didn't really fit the theme...

"I'm really happy I asked."

She decided to distract him before she over-analyzed any more of his compliments with...

music started playing and couples paired up, as nervous as she was-- Maisie wanted her first slow dance. "Dance with me?" Her eyes searched his for an answer.
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Grace
tumblr_inline_plyakitS3z1rqmlml_540.gif

A frown had set on her face as she smoothed over the dress with her hands. Thankfully, Kanen had changed his answer making her realize it was just his whole strong man facade that had gotten in the way of complimenting honestly, with a sigh, she still wasn't ultimately sure she looked good enough, but this'll do. Ash's voice rung throughout the house which made her instinctively freeze up. Grace knew about all the weird drama that went down between the two of them and her eyes shot from Kanen to the front door.

It wasn't like she was going to just kick him out, but she didn't want anymore problems between the two of them... maybe they could talk it out?

Well, maybe.

"Uh... we're in the living room."

She mouthed a 'sorry.' To Kanen hoping he didn't mind her best friend's arrival.

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Caleb
giphy.gif

Right as they made they stopped at the door, Tatum's words completely got him off guard. What? Why wouldn't he want to be seen with her? Tatum was beautiful, and sweet, and nice... and... he could go on, but a friend probably wouldn't go into so much detail considering they were; ... just friends. "Huh?" He waited for her to explain with furrowed brows and shaking his head at everyone of her answers.

"Are you sure you wanna be seen with me?" Caleb chuckled-- it wasn't a funny matter to laugh about, but the fact that she believed that he couldn't be seen with her was outrageous. "I used to drink a ton, flirt a ton, do a whole bunch of things I regretted. There's rumors that I cheat... do drugs, l mean... I just don't care."

And it was the truth! Caleb could care less about whatever these people say, --even Serena. She's the one who decided to believe those rumors in the first place and that's why they broke up, even though he wasn't the perfect boyfriend... he made peace with it. They were over, and as much as it hurt before to pretend that her opinion of him didn't matter. It actually didn't matter now to him. "I don't care about the whole popular thing, I hardly even speak to anyone. I just want to enjoy myself tonight, forget everyone else. I've got the world's most beautiful girl on my arm for a date, who wouldn't want to show that off?"

"Let's just... forget everyone else tonight. It'll be just us... in a room full of people maybe, but... just us."
Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Juliette
SoupyFalseFawn-size_restricted.gif

Juliette seemed content with her answers as she watched her while she drove, Sawyer seemed like she was this strong person who had everything in control and she was jealous. But she didn't really feel like she was, y'know? Like, she didn't believe her. How could you miss something that you never had? Of course you'd miss, ... missing out, especially When all the other kids had talked about their moms and then suddenly you feel it then. "Right." She agreed as her mind continued to wander, mindlessly scrolling through her phone.

JJ has a mom. She does.

She probably shouldn't take her for granted, but then again, she was a shitty mom in her opinion. Didn't Sawyer ever think about what she was like? Maybe Juliette is putting everything in perspective for her own self, maybe it wasn't about Sawyer. Maybe... if she actually gave the baby up for adoption, she'd want them to miss her-- which is selfish, but no one ever said Juliette actually cared about anyone else so.

Maybe she felt gulity for bringing up her mom, or genuinely glad that she had an actual friend, the brunette lowered her phone as they made it to the school. "You're a pretty great person Sawyer Andrews, I bet she misses you, because... who wouldn't?" Juliette cracked a smile and exited the stuffy car-- it was too... emotional in there. Eck. She didn't like that either.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Neck Tie

n6EXtkr.gif

Neck Tie slowly backed away from his locker. He listened, he didn’t speak. Casper’s gaze dropped and so did his. He let his eyes trail to his feet, or rather paws. There was a distance between them that he didn’t close. Like they were shy of each other, or had become strangers.

He found himself nodding slightly, before he was shaking his head.

‘. . . It’s not your fault,’ he said.

A faint murmur, soft as his beating heart, but he meant it.

The silence soon grew uncomfortable. Neck Tie glanced about himself, anywhere but at Casper, and to his right he spotted that the boy’s locker had accidentally been left open. He went over to it and for a split second he glimpsed what was inside, all the precious things that meant the world to Casper -- and thus to Neck Tie himself.

He looked at the chandelier, and he smiled. Gently he closed the locker for his friend, and laying his wolf paw flat against it he made sure that it was locked.

‘You. . . you don’t have to be afraid of Aaron,’ he said as he held the locker key out to Casper. ‘I won’t let him hurt you. . . Not anymore.’

Ash
Pwetty.gif

There was a faint smile on her lips as she headed towards Grace's voice, but the happiness quickly disappeared when she froze in the entryway, her eyes landing on Kanen.

Ash was tired. She didn't have the strength for this.

Instead of throwing insults, or anything else, Ash just ignored Kanen. She looked towards Grace, forcing a smile onto her face that didn't feel right with Kanen in the room. God, why was he even here? "You look... really good, Grace. I love the dress." She said, trying to dispel some of the uncomfortable tension in the room.

"I'm going to go change and then maybe we can finish getting ready and go." Ash didn't want to be too late, after all. So she stepped back out of the room, heading for the bathroom.

High5ives High5ives Soap Soap

Casper

Casper sniffled, wiping at his face. What did Stu mean, it wasn’t his fault? It most definitely was, after all. He was the one who had thought befriending Stu was a good idea in the first place, after all. If he just… If he’d just left well enough be, things would be fine. He sniffled again.

Stu stepped near him, and he flinched away, but… Neck Tie walked by him. He turned, confused, only to see Neck Tie shutting his locker.

Casper’s eyes burned, and he looked away as Stu began to speak again.

And then the words hit Casper.

His head shot up, eyes wide and voice an almost feverish pitch. “What? I’m not- I’m not afraid of Aaron! And… even if I was- Which I’m not- I don’t- You’d get hurt!”

~`*`~​

Aaron

Maisie’s words made Aaron’s stomach clench, and really, that was all the proof necessary that Aaron wasn’t a good person, wasn’t it? Surely if he were good, he wouldn’t feel this sick at the surety with which Maisie voiced this.

Still, he wasn’t about to worry Maisie on this. Not today. Not when she was so happy, when the admittance was barely something he wanted to tell himself. He might not have been able to keep up the smile at her words, but he was at least able to keep quiet on her claims, to not force upon her all evidence of the contrary, and really, what did it matter if he wasn’t smiling if she wasn’t looking?

And if she wasn’t looking, maybe he could take a second to watch her.

Looking at her made his heart ache, and he knew that that was stupid on a base level. He barely knew her, and she barely knew him, and this wasn’t going to last… but maybe he could be allowed, just this once, to imagine it would.

That he could tell her the things he’d done and she’d accept them as pieces of him, and take him as he was… It was nice, he decided, to imagine for a while.

Music began to play, and his heart sank as Maisie turned back to him, couples already beginning to pair up. Her words simply confirmed his fears.

Still, he wanted it so badly, so even though he couldn’t dance and couldn’t lead and wasn’t sure now was really the time to learn, he smiled, and he nodded, holding out a hand to take hers and lead her to the floor.

He was being greedy. It was impossible to ignore. But it was hard not to be when all he wanted in this moment was to enjoy himself, to see Maisie enjoy herself, and really, it wasn’t wrong to want someone to be happy, was it? It was for her as much as for him.

Neck Tie

n6EXtkr.gif

‘You’re not afraid of him—‘

Neck Tie shook his head as Casper began lying to his face, because he didn’t like being lied to.

‘So you weren’t afraid of him then, when he called when we were going to have pizza— And he pushed you around at the park. You weren’t afraid of him.’

He shook his head still more.

‘Or when he and Drake were making you drink at that party. You weren’t afraid of him then.’

What would it take for Casper to admit that Aaron had him under his thumb? Nothing was going to change until Casper acknowledged it. He would never be able to stand on his own feet so long as Aaron was controlling every aspect of his life.

So Neck Tie said what had to be said.

‘. . . If you’re not afraid, then why’d you just stand there and watch then? When he beat me up— I thought I was your best friend— I guess I'm not.’

With these words his voice trailed off, and he regretted immediately what he said. But there was no taking them back.

giphy.gif

Tatum was silent when Caleb reacted to her question at first when he chuckled and repeated her question almost like a joke, she was almost ready to walk away but then he continued to talk. She didn’t know much about his reputation at the school because she always ignored the rumors of the school. They never meant much because if she listened to them then she might have rumors about her that she didn’t want. Things she didn’t want to come to light from anyone. She had managed to convince everyone that she liked to have fun here and there and that she would drink but the extent she had always managed to hide. She had managed to hide everything about her life outside of the school and she had planned to keep it that way. As she listened to Caleb and about who he was and what everyone else thought of him and yet he was out in public like nothing had happened to him.

She was beginning to feel less insecure about everything when she realized he had insecurities too, but he hadn’t let those stop him from being with her. Her heart almost flipped when he said that popularity wasn’t important, but her breathing had stopped when he called her beautiful. No one had ever called her beautiful besides her mother and she never fully believed her mother because no young girl ever believed their parents. She was elated but he was also her friend which meant he could call her beautiful and not mean it as anything romantic. She let her hand slide into his for just a moment wishing more than nothing to entwine their fingers, but she knew she couldn’t. Friends had a space and she respected that, “Just us for tonight.” She agreed.

Her smile still hadn’t left her face as they walked inside the building, Tatum had really outdone herself with the decorations and she hoped that Grace approved of them because she knew Grace hadn’t seen the end result of Tatum’s hard work. She pulled Caleb behind her, “I want you to see the gym.” His hand was warm in hers and she had never felt her heart beat as fast as it was in that moment, but she was with the most amazing guy and she had never felt more lucky.

Soap Soap

AVENGERS-ENDGAME-World-Premiere-7.jpg

sebastianLocation: school, prom​

Walking into the school gym in his tieless, pale blue suit and a Nikon camera strapped around his shoulder, Sebastian inconspicuously patted the outside of his right-side pants pocket, making sure it was still there, his other hand slightly twiddling the quarter-sized silver snowflake pendant on his chest. Since the Home Ec room incident on Valentine’s Day, he hadn’t felt completely safe at school. His aunt told him to run and find help on the first sign of trouble next time, but Sebastian wanted better reassurance. So, he started carrying brass knuckles, which he’d gotten from a co-worker after telling them about what happened – actually, it was made of titanium, not brass. But yeah, it was inside his pocket right now, always tucked in there like his cell phone since Valentine’s Day.

Why was he going to prom in the first place? He was obviously not the type of guy to go to events like this.

Oh, right. Sebastian was caught riding his skateboard on school grounds and in hallways several times, running late to school in the morning. Instead of regular detention in a classroom doing nothing, he was forced to join the prom committee and help put up decorations after school during the past month. Because of this, he decided it was best to quit his part-time job at the cafe and maybe come back in the summer. A teacher also Sebastian told (well, more like ordered) him to attend the dance and volunteer as an extra photographer for the school yearbook/newspaper, take random pictures and footage of people having a good time. He was slacking in one of his classes recently. This was basically him trying to earn some extra credit for the sake of not being held back a year. He wasn’t much of a photographer, but he thought he was decent at making videos, usually for his skateboarding.

He wouldn’t be too busy at the event since he didn’t have a date or many friends. Sitting on the side like a wallflower and people watching, eating prom snacks and listening to the music playlist that he had also helped build – those were his plans for most of the night.

124C0008-3FC8-4726-B6B3-F57FF41DD448.gif
Jackson
PenguinFox PenguinFox

Jackson smiled when Sean opened the door and gave him a little nod in greetings followed by a casual. “Wasup bro.” Entering the house he took a glance around as he heard Sean say the girls were still getting ready. Then he asked if Jackson was nervous at all. Unable to help but let out a chuckle, as if the thought of being nervous was a joke to Jackson, then he spoke. “Practically terrified.” He said before chuckling some more. Glancing up the stairs a moment before back to Sean. “Hey man y’all got a bathroom down here? I gotta go wash my hands real quick. Try to get a little more of this engine grease off my hands.” He said with a little chuckle. For the most part his hands where clean but there where a few places here and there that still had a black tint to it from finishing up the final touches on his car the day before.​

Attachments

• 345FAD8B-83D9-4654-994E-8C7F38C29F7F.jpeg
    345FAD8B-83D9-4654-994E-8C7F38C29F7F.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
Casper

The more Stu spoke, the deeper into Casper’s mouth his lip moved, teeth sinking into the flesh. His gaze dropped to the floor again as he began to curl into himself. He tried to think of an excuse. He wasn’t scared of Aaron- Really! Why would he be scared of Aaron when all Aaron wanted to do was keep him safe?

Being scared of Aaron would be silly! Super silly, even. He just… didn’t know how to explain that to Stu.

But Stu kept talking still, and Casper let out a choked whine, hand going to his hair. He wasn’t scared, that wasn’t why he didn’t step in. He just- He just-

Stu kept talking, and Casper froze. He didn’t so much as breathe, eyes burning- Everything burning. He gasped in a breath, and then he took a half-step back.

He wanted to tell Stu that wasn’t true, but that he hadn’t been afraid, but only one of those sentences could be true, couldn’t it? Another half-step back, and another after that. He tried to find his words, or anything to say.

Finally, voice raw, he managed to squeeze out, “I have to go…”

Maybe that hadn’t been it, but it was too late to think about that, wasn’t it? He was already running away.

Sawyer
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Sawyer was slightly off-put by JJ's compliment. JJ wasn't particularly the type to compliment people and yet she just had. It wasn't some flimsy old compliment either, that had been sincere and....kind of sweet. Sawyer chuckled and looked down at her hands, slightly embarrassed, but managed to give JJ a 'thanks' before the other girl was exiting the car. She kind of sat there for a moment, smiling to herself, before following JJ out of the car. She'd regained her cool composure at this point and fell into step with JJ quickly as they approached the gym. Sawyer offered JJ her arm as they swept through the gym doors, making a rather loud appearance as Sawyer pushed the door a little too hard at it clanged against the wall, loudly. People turned to look their way and Sawyer stooped low to whisper in JJ's ear.

"And that is how you make an entrance." She laughed, an amused grin spreading across her face as she straightened back up to look around the place. Sawyer had to give it to them, the prom committee had done a damn good job. Sawyer flicked a fire looking decoration as they walked past it and it fell over. Whoops. She quickly reached out and reset it to its proper position before she got yelled at by anyone. She would admit that she was slightly disappointed that she didn't see Grace anywhere in the gym, but she shook it off and focused her attention back on JJ.

"It looks pretty cool in here. What's the chick's name that planned it again?" Sawyer's eyebrows knit together as she tried to remember what Wren had told her the day before. Something about Grace not doing at and some other chick taking it over. What was her name? Sawyer frowned at her lack of memory but then perked up as the name came to mind, "Tatum. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Wren told me. Do you know her?" Sawyer figured JJ would probably know anyone who held a little standing in the school, and if she was going around planning things like prom she had to have some.

Soap Soap

Last edited:
Grace

Grace smiled genuinely at the compliment and watched her walk away before she turned to Kanen. "I... should start getting ready to leave, but-- thank you. Seriously, this might've been the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, like, ever." She gave him a last hug and held on despite him attempt to wriggle out of it. Kanen really wasn't a bad guy, and yeah, he had his... really bad moments. But who didn't?

"You're a good guy, Kanen." She'll find a way to repay him back. Somehow. Grace was sure of it. With that she showed him out and knocked on the bathroom door. Ash usually didn't take long to get ready, and normally Grace just would've walked in without a care. Because well, y'know it was Ash. She wasn't some random girl she hardly knew so barging in while she was changing wasn't a big thing between them. They were both girls, boobs were boobs, and Grace only has a thing for girls she likes romantically.

But she still felt like they had things to work through given all they went through a few months ago, while they 'apologized.' Most of that was kind of brushed away due to everything that happened with her and Sawyer, and Grace wasn't sure if they were really at the whole... barging in thing just yet. "Hey, I didn't know he was coming I would've told you, it was kind of a... last minute thing." She leaned against the wall with a sigh before her mind had started wandering to their past arguments.

No matter whatever they were gonna through, she would always still care about Ash and... certain arguments were a lot more important if that meant there was a real problem.

"Did you eat? We could stop before we get to prom if you want?"

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Ash
9ceb8a73d466522e879f6ec6ec6b4405.gif

Ash stared at herself in the mirror. She had changed into her dress, but it didn't feel right. Her shoulders were showing, it was tight fitting... God, she didn't deserve to be wearing this dress. This was for the pretty girls. The skinny girls.

She pulled her hair, appropriately curled for the event, over her shoulders to try and cover up her obviously fat shoulders. Ash's gaze trailed up from her chest in the mirror to her face. She was ready for this, right? There was no way that this day was going to go poorly.

Grace's voice sounded on the other side of the door. "It's fine." She called out as she opened up the bathroom door. "Its... fine. I don't care if you're friends with Kanen." Even if he called her a whore, but who hadn't at this point?

Oh... no. "No, I'm not hungry. We can stop if you are." She suggested, trying to deflect the conversation from herself. "Are you ready? We should get going."

Ash didn't really wait for an answer, instead she led her way out of the house, keys in hand. What? She was ready to get to prom already.

Soap Soap

Grace

Grace totally ignored her questions and hesitated before following her out the door. Ash's answer was exactly what she expected. Okay, so maybe it wasn't super incriminating or anything but that seemed like enough for her. She hardly ever ate at school, never ate at any of the sleepovers, and she can't even remember the last time they sat down together at a restaurant. Not to be too drastic, but Grace felt like though her fears about Ash were actually... true.

She always dodged it whenever she brought it up, hence that one terrible, disastrous argument they had at Belle's party. She shook her head at the thought of it and bucked the seat beat. Fiddling with her phone a little. "So, are you excited for prom? Tatum did all the decorations and I'm not really sure how it's going to come out." She hated small talk, but she was just trying to gather the courage to ask the actual questions that were prodding at her brain.

"You sure you're not hungry? I ate already, but what if you get hungry at the dance, y'know, it'd be kinda hard dancing... while you're hungry." So...

Grace tried.

Winona Winona
Caleb
giphy.gif

Caleb smiled at her and return as he followed her through the gymnasium doors. And it... was pretty freaking cool. Pun not intended, but this was seriously great. He covered his eyes as they entered. "My eyes! Oh my gosh it's so beautiful, I wonder what magnificent amazing human had the most creative brain to make this dance possible!" His light eyes drifted to hers and he started laughing as he shook his head.

"Seriously, it's... so cool. You did great. Grace will love it." He nudged her gently with his elbow and pointed towards the 'flickering' fire. The theme for the dance had to be the best one there was yet, if Caleb was being honest, though, it's not like he enjoyed most of those dances. Tatum's was just special. "Look how realistic that looks, consider me awed." He placed a hand over his heart as his smile grew.

"Okay, so let me know what the duties are for me, punch? Awkwardly dancing? Even more photos? Like... just hit me with it."

It was really easy to just have fun around Tatum and it was something that Caleb cherished way too much.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Maisie

Maisie's smile widened as she took Aaron's hand as he led them to the dance floor. While her insecurities started to attack her slowly from the inside, what if she stepped on his toes? Or what if she... didn't sway right, or... there was too many thoughts to count, but as she had gotten closer to Aaron her mind started to slow just as quick as her heart had started to beat quicker. Placing her hands on top of his shoulders. "Okay, I'm not a total pro yet." She warned him and begun to sway.

And it was slow and sweet, almost everything she'd thought it be. She just didn't expect awkwardness. "Why don't we say something we don't know about the other?" Maisie glanced away before he could notice the blush forming on her cheeks. It was a dumb idea, but she said it anyway so, why not go along with it? "I'll go first." It took her a few seconds to come up with something that wasn't totally embarrassing. "You know that terrible evil looking black cat behind the school? The... um... spray painted one?" She hoped he did or else this wouldn't of mattered but oh well, Maisie should show him later if he didn't.

"I kinda did that."

Juliette

With a roll of her eyes she gladly took Sawyer's arm and before she knew it the whole school was looking at the two, and... well, she kinda absolutely loved the attention. "Smart idea, dummy." Her gaze swept over the dance and JJ gave a slight nod of approval. It... looked okay. Too bad they didn't choose her theme, they just had to love Tatum's idea. That blonde chick had started to get on Juliette's nerves for... honestly she has no apparent reason other than that.

A shrug had answered Sawyer's question. "Uh, I kinda know Taylor or whatever the hell her name is. Grace just let her on the team because she's stupid and doesn't recognize talent whatsoever." An apologetic look was thrown to Sawyer at the mention of her ex girlfriend. Y'know, Juliette just mentioned the greatest things at the greatest times. So... maybe her eyes were searching the gym a little more than usual. This school had so many damn redheads and right now she was just looking for one in particular.

"Sorry, but while you brought her up... have you talked to her?"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
Sawyer

Sawyer couldn't help the smallest of smiles that snuck its way onto her face at JJ's question. Normally, she would've gotten all closed off or even gotten angry at the mention of Grace but this time was different. It helped that she knew JJ just wasn't a very sensitive person and was probably just generally curious. Sawyer lifted her free hand and ran it through her hair, her grin growing slightly. Everything that had happened with Grace meant that she at least had a chance and Sawyer never failed on taking advantage of an opportunity. It was going to be really hard for Grace to shed Sawyer at this point because she'd endowed her with a new sense of invigoration. Sawyer was gonna stick to the girl as much as she could. She was also gonna annoy whatchamacallit as much as she could. Let the games begin.

"I have talked to her actually," Sawyer answered JJ, plucking a cup of punch out of some boy's hand as he walked away from the punch table. She threw a wink at him and he just rolled his eyes and turned back to the table, "Well, it was more yelling for a little bit, but....it ended ok." She chuckled and threw back the punch she'd stolen and made a face as it went down her throat. Sawyer stuck her nose in the cup and cringed at the smell that hit her nose.

"Somebody's already spiked this." She enformed JJ, "With cheap beer, no less." Sawyer scoffed and abandoned the cup on a random table.

"So, who're we looking for?" Sawyer stopped in her tracks, stopping JJ along with her. She'd noticed JJ glancing around the room, the same thing she herself had been doing not a minute before. So, she thought it'd be fun to tease her a little bit.

Soap Soap

Ash
Pwetty.gif

She was sure that Tatum had done amazing. Although they had only managed to talk for a few minutes over Twitter, and hangout a bit here and there, Ash really liked her. Hell, Ash wouldn't mind trying to be Tatum's friend, even though she was... incredibly horrible at making friends. Or keeping friends. Fuck, Ash kind of sucked.

"I bet it looks amazing. Tatum spent a ton of time on this." Ash said. She knew that Grace had been mildly upset that she hadn't been able to be in charge of the prom committee, but she had so much else on her plate. It was time for someone else to shine at something. And then, Grace brought it up again. The eating.

"I said I'm fine." She snapped, maybe a bit too harsh. Ash used to practice cheer on an empty stomach -- prom would be nothing. "Have you talked to Sawyer? Or did just fuck her and dump her?"

Way too harsh. Ash instantly regretted her words.

"I mean... she still really cares about you. And what about Keisha? Did you tell her that you slept with Sawyer after you guys kissed?" Yeah. Turn everything back on Grace.

Soap Soap Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Aaron

Aaron felt like he'd start cracking at any second, shattering into a million pieces of elation as Maisie took his hand. She was going to be the death of him, wasn't she? Despite himself, he couldn't stop the grin slowly creeping its way over his face.

Her hands were on his shoulders, and it was only then that he realized there was only really one place he could put his. His face burned as he put his hands on her hips, glancing to the side for a moment as the pair began to sway.

It didn't take long at all for the guilt to return, for Drake's words to bounce their way along Aaron's skull. He tried to push them away, to bring himself to the present, to forget all the reasons he didn't deserve this-

Maisie's voice pulled him back to the present, though he did his best to hide that he'd ever been gone. With a flat face, he looked to her, but she was looking away, and his heart ached as his eyes darted across her face. She was quiet long enough his chest began to tighten, but then she spoke, and he couldn't quite stop the interest from lighting up in his eyes.

He'd seen the cat. He'd seen it a lot, in fact. Sometimes, when a day was just awful, he'd just go look at it, taking in the integrity of the piece. To be fair, he loved cats.

His eyebrows shot up at her admission. "Really?" he said, unable to stop himself. It was his turn to look away. Of course really. Maisie wouldn't lie to him, right?

He couldn't help but think of all the ways he'd lied to her.

The idea to tell her about Stu flashed into his mind, but he wasn't an idiot, and it was quickly dismissed. Telling her would destroy... whatever this was, exactly. He was sure of it. Even if she deserved to know, he couldn't bring himself to end this. Not tonight. Not yet.

The second thing that came to him was to tell her about Drake, about their fight. Maybe he should have already, and he didn't have as neat a reason with Stu. That one would just hurt. He wasn't quite ready to discuss it. And besides, she had told him something sweet. He couldn't turn around and drop that on her. It wouldn't be right.

So instead, his mind came to something almost embarrassing, but not quite. He wouldn't let it be. Carefully, he admitted, "I like to write poetry. Not all the time, but... Often enough. It isn't very good, but... It's... cathartic, I suppose. Freeing, in a way?" He looked to her again, giving a tighter smile than he would have liked. He felt laid bare, even though he knew it was stupid. He'd barely said anything at all- She wouldn't be able to deduce everything about him from that alone.

He was still safe.

F81A4224-7393-4902-8A09-FD052042828F.jpeg
Jasmine

Jasmine stood outside of the school by the doors. An anxious look on her face as she looked up and down the parking lot. She already didn’t have any friend to hang out with. If her prom date didn’t show up..... to put it simple she didn’t want to be alone tonight. Pulling her phone out of her little purse that matched her dress to check the time her look grew even more anxious as she scanned the parking lot again. “Please.” She mumbled quietly to herself begging whatever higher powers there where that Sierra would show up as she put her phone away.

Trying to reason with herself why she wasn’t here yet. Maybe she got stuck in traffic, last minuet wardrobe malfunction, maybe she likes being fashionably late, you’re just overreacting. Still though none of it helped jasmine with this anxious feeling she got in the pit of her stomach. She was excited to have Sierra with her for prom and the idea of being stood up honestly hurt her.
9C14E541-0C9C-4299-83C9-EB042ED3314B.jpeg
PenguinFox PenguinFox

Nova
(SHE'S BACK BABY)
tumblr_oac0veMl6O1qa1h7zo3_500.gif

At least it was over now. There would be no more phone calls from her drunken father saying that he missed his family, there would be no more letters in the mail from the Seattle courthouse, there would be no more looming anger in the Abrisst household. For once since the event of her father's tax evasion first started, maybe Nova and her mother could actually rest easy knowing that the man that put their family at risk was no longer going to be an issue of theirs.

Obviously, Nova's mother won full custody. It helped, of course, that the brunette had given an extremely telling speech of why her mother was more fit to raise her and why it would be absurd to have her even attempt a relationship with her father at this point. Two moves in less than a year; Seattle, to Westbrook, back to Seattle and now, as they pulled up to the familiar porcelain white house in the early hours of the morning. It was breath of relief, I mean seriously, how much more of that could she have taken? Months stowed up in a hotel room in a city that no longer felt like home, trying to keep up with homework assignments online, not talking to anyone because she wasn't allowed to by the court order... not that it stopped her much this time. Nova knew that she couldn't leave again without telling Jace, not after last time. And even though their new found, odd feeling friendship was, well... weird... it was still something that was important to her. I mean c'mon, it was Jace, and no matter what that mop of blonde hair was always going to be important to her. So she texted him, sometimes called, about as often as she could. He was the only one who knew why she left, the only one who Nova trusted to keep the secret. Who was he gonna tell? His sister? She wouldn't care, not even a bit. So for the final time, the petite girl pulled out her phone and opened her on-going thread of text messages with her ex boyfriend.

To: Jace
>> Finally back, everything looks the same. Gonna throw on a dress and be there soon.

Of course, she had to come back on prom. And of course, Jace had convinced her to go... the sneaky bastard. Luckily, Nova had managed to find a dress in Seatte, a light blue fifty's inspired gown that hugged her middle and just barley poofed out at the waist. It was a silky material, comfortable but striking against Nova's pale winter skin. Getting ready didn't take long, the girl rushing to throw her hair into a neat bun, stick in some earrings and swipe on a bright red lip gloss, pulling on some matching light blue heels and waving her mother off of her as countless pictures were taken. "I'm gonna be late!" "I'm capturing memories, dammit!" Classic Kasey Abrisst... Nova's mother never missed a picture opportunity.

It wasn't until the drive over to the high school that it settled into the hazel eyed girl; the nerves, the anxiety and anticipation. It had been months since she had stepped foot onto the Westbrook campus, months since she had seen her classmates, months since she had been home. Would it be weird? Coming back at the major event of the semester? Would Jace even be there? He said he would be, but it wasn't really his scene... oh god, would Ian be there? The time for questions ticked fewer and fewer as her burgundy truck continued to push her forward and into the parking lot of the campus, her heart thumping in her throat, one hand clutching the old wheel and the other fiddling with the fabric of her dress. "It's just high school, it's your high school," Nova repeated quietly to herself, pulling into a spot and shutting off the engine.

The outside of the gym an array of orange, red, blue and white roared and lit the area. Fire and Ice... Tatum had done a good job on the theme, and for once, Nova felt her attire may actually blend in. That was her goal, blend in and try to interact with as few as possible, or hey, just act like she had never left! Ha... yeah right. Mustering the courage and taking a deep breath, she quickly pushed open her truck door and slammed it shut, the winter wind whipped around her bare shoulders. Still though, the sight of the school brought a smile to her lips. Familiarity felt amazing, the smells and sounds of Westbrook were comforting and lovely. And besides, it was prom! What could go wrong?

Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox

Yhi1Uuo.jpg

Attention Citizens of Westbrook!! This is your emergency broadcast system.

A English wolf has escaped from Westbrook zoo and is reported last seen near Westbrook High School. For their own safety, everyone is advised to seek shelter immediately!

Oooooooooooooooowhoo---

The gym door promptly swung back and slammed the Westbrook wolf in the snout.

‘OWWWW!’

G-god dangit. Not again.

So he could never get his entrance right, but practice made perfect, right? The wolf readjusted its nose and slipped into the crowd. It searched high and low for Tatum, who was in charge of the prom. Yes, the wolf was running late, all thanks to Casper.

‘HELLO HOOMAN,' the wolf said, then waved its paw at the boy standing next to Tatum. 'Hi Caleb.'

'I couldn't find the KitKats,' the wolf confessed with a hint of desperation in its growl. 'Somebody must've nicked them!'

Without the KitKats to give away, what was the Westbrook Wolf's purpose now? Here's hoping Tatum would know.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Soap Soap

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The first feeling that went through Tatum was relief because Caleb liked what she had done. For her that meant something because she had fed off everyone’s approval as things had happened. She had gotten Grace’s in a way when she had become a cheerleader, granted she was still a little off put by being someone who had spirit. She was trying to be more out and active in school, trying to keep herself busy so she wouldn’t drink. She wanted to be better for herself and for Caleb and to her that meant drinking less. Caleb’s compliment made Tatum feel the butterflies rise back up in her and all she could do was squash them down. She could kill the butterflies in her, even though it bothered her.

The smile was permanently on her face and most everyone seemed happy with what she had done. Of course, she knew a few were upset about the theme but she had tried to make it fair by using a voting method. Her eyes scanned the gym for people. She had known that Stu was going to be coming as the Wolf, so she had tried to set up a designated area for pictures with him as well. She knew she had to try and have spirit now that she had been given an important task to handle. Drake was supposed to do announcements, Stu had pictures, everything was under control, she hoped.

She couldn’t help but feel a sense like everything was finally falling into place for her, “Well, I think we have a friendly visitor coming our way,” she joked, “But definitely a dance is what I want with you.” As the Wolf approached Tatum sent him the biggest smile. “It’s okay about the kit kats. I have a spot set up for students to take a picture with their mascot. If they ask. Would you take a selfie with me and Caleb?” Tatum had already grabbed her phone out. She wanted at least one good memory snapshot of the night.

Interaction(s): Soap Soap Dede Dede
Mention(s): Winona Winona (Drake)

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkap2xIcGq1t9ndkh_1280.gif

She stood quiet when Tatum was mentioned, it's not that Grace thought she'd do a terrible job... but... she just believed that she'd be planning prom this time around. Though, not that it was big deal of course. It's fine. Prom is prom, there will be others. Definitely. But this was her first prom so, maybe she just wanted it to be special. Questionable looks were thrown at Ash's way, if she was really 'fine.' She wouldn't of been so defensive.

Or... bring up Sawyer in that way.

And Keisha.

Grace's mind was already running while the guilt in her stomach starting turning. "It's not like that. It wasn't supposed to-- whatever, yeah you're right." Sawyer deserved better, so did Keisha. Grace didn't deserve either of them. But the whole Sawyer thing happened for a reason, she wasn't stupid, it wasn't... closure. It was something more than that and she was being ignorant to think that it wasn't. "Keisha and I aren't dating, kind of. We're just... I don't know, I don't know. I don't wanna talk about it." But she did want to talk to someone about it. Just not Ash.

She hesitated before pulling up Sawyer's contact and ignoring all their past messages that had brought way too many memories of their break up.

'Meet me in the classroom? I wanna talk to you.'

Grace knew exactly what Ash was doing. "Why haven't we talked about that argument we had that one night? Ash, there's something up with you and it's not just the dumb drinking." It was hard to ignore the way she acted, and how she's been so distant. The drinking has been going on since the musical and everyone including her had just... brushed it off. What kind of friend was she?
"Why do you keep denying that there's something wrong?"

Winona Winona

Caleb
giphy.gif

"Dance? Yeah, totally I could dance. I'm a real pro." He looked towards where Tatum was and nodded, giving a salute to the WestBrook Wolf. Also known as Stu. "Mr, wolf." He greeted with a smile. It wasn't very hard to figure out who he was, the kid was practically at every basketball game or school sanctioned event as him, but... prom? He frowned for a moment almost wondering why the odd British boy hadn't decided to dress up a bit for the fun of it.

Well, maybe this was his fun.

He's not judging. "Yeah, c'mon St-- I mean, wolf." Did he have a secret identity like superheroes did? Caleb decided not to risk it and gently took Tatum's phone, he had longer reach so the three of them could take a picture with all of them in it.

"Say... uh..."

Hopefully Stu would come up with a reasonable substitute for cheese.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Dede Dede

Maisie

Her smile brightened instantly, shrugging in reply to his question. "Uh, yeah... really. I hope you kinda like it," that sounded so stupid. But right now it's all that she could come up with. Aaron was the first person she'd ever told about any of that besides showing Jesse all those months ago, too bad he moved away. "Poetry huh?" Her mind wandered as a glint showed in her eye, her gaze had fell to Aaron's lips for a mere moment before they returned back to his eyes.

He did have really nice eyes.

"Would you let me read your poems sometime?" She was genuinely curious, and well, she just wanted to know more about Aaron. As surprising as poetry was, it only added to his amazing personality. The song had ended and Maisie recluckently pulled away from him. "I... gotta go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few." She hesitated before pressing a kiss to his cheek and making her way out of the gymnasium.

Sadly, there was a line to use the bathrooms because WestBrook suddenly became so much more populated because she wanted to use the bathroom, she glanced beside her and noticed Casper. "Hey, Casper. You having fun?"

Juliette

Her eyebrows rose in slight surprise, narrowing her eyes at the boy and a disgusted face as Sawyer sipped on the drink from a total stranger. "More than yelling? Y'know what? I don't wanna know." She returned back to her search and there was still no sign of Ava. Did she even come tonight? Prom wasn't really her setting and JJ wouldn't be surprised if she didn't show up. Especially after all the drama they'd went though. "I'd taste it to verify your accusations, but... well." She pointed at her stomach.

Being pregnant was really starting to get on her nerves, but it had it's perks maybe... like... not drinking dollar store value beer. "What? I'm not looking for anyone, you're stupid." It didn't take longer than five seconds before Juliette had given in.

"I'm looking for Ava. We haven't talked in a while, and I just wanted to see... her. I guess."

Well, maybe for apologizing in person instead of stealing a rose from Ash's locker and writing an impromptu 'please forgive me' note.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Ash
82fa56ee5f386de9c9d799acb1a6b72b.gif

Her hands tightened on the steering wheel at Grace’s words.

"There's nothing wrong. I'm fine."

She wasn't fine, but she would be fine. God, she had to be fine. Fine, or she needed to just die and be done. Some days she wished that she wouldn't wake up in the morning, but every time. Every. Fucking. *Time.* Ash found herself opening her eyes once again in the morning, laying there in herbe, wishing for some easy answer.

God, she was so sick of people thinking that they knew the best way for her to live her life. Ash reached forward, turning up the stereo to try and drown everything out.

She took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. Okay. It was alright -- they were almost to the school, and Ash could get out of this car. She could leave Grace, and then Grace would be so distracted by the dance that she would forget. Just like everyone else always did. Forget about Ash.

After all, she was forgettable, right?

They came up on an intersection and Ash glanced up, thankful for the green light. She couldn’t stand to sit at this intersection and wait any longer with Grace. The bright lights of cars waiting at the intersection made her squint for a moment, but then they were on their way to school.

In silence.

-----------------

Finally, they were there. At the dance. Ash and Grace had just walked in and they now stood at the edge of the crowd, scanning the room. “I’m going to try and find Sean.” Ash called out over the pounding sound of the music before she slid into the crowd.

Was it her imagination, or were people whispering and looking at her? God, it just had to be her imagination or-- … No, people were definitely doing that.

Ash couldn’t find Sean anywhere, but god, she swore that she had made eye contact with several of the guys that she had slept with. Her heart was pounding. Why had so many of them ended up here as dates?

Ash had finally stumbled back in front of Grace. Her eyes pleaded with Grace’s to help her. “I can’t find Sean. What if something happened to him?”

But then someone’s voice sounded from the stage. “And this year’s Prom Queen is… Ashton West!” Their voice seemed to echo throughout the room.

Soap Soap Mentions: PenguinFox PenguinFox

Grace
tumblr_inline_p2al0uS9k11uyanoc_250.gifv

Grace didn’t know what more to say, it was clear that Ash had a problem and it was interfering with more than just her health, she wasn’t as herself anymore and she refused to see that. “You keep acting like you’re fine, you're acting like you're alone." She yelled, there was something wrong with her best friend and she just wanted to help Ash, it’s all she ever wanted. Grace just wished she’d intervened sooner. She lowered her voice and spoke her next words more softly, “You’re not. We can figure this out. We can get you help.” A long pause sat between the two friends and Grace’s heart ached to see Ash look so… broken.

“I won’t leave you.”

She opened her mouth to argue more as she was blinded by the car lights, and then everything just went… silent.

It wasn’t surprising that she ignored her. She just tuned her out just like Ash always did, she never cared for anyone but herself, even when Grace was just trying to help her— she was always the bad guy. Thankfully, they didn’t have to bathe in the tension that was left behind by their argument. They had made it to the dance not long afterwards, she followed Ash in and narrowed her eyes at the decorations. She hated them. But distasteful glares would work for now, it’s not like she was going to say anything about it.

“Sean? Relax, I’m sure another boyfriend hasn’t decided to just forget about you. He’s around somewhere.” It was true, Ash was so paranoid about everyone leaving her, she didn’t even notice that she was the reason they were running in the first place. Prom queen was announced shortly after and Grace scoffed. “Really?” She glanced over at the blonde and shook her head in disbelief. “I mean, no offense— but you? As Prom Queen? You’re the exact definition of a mess, who’d vote for you?” She crossed her arms and avoided Ash’s gaze.

“I’m going to go find Sawyer. Enjoy the crown or whatever. Long live the queen.” Grace rolled her eyes and left the gymnasium in hunt for specific classroom.

Winona Winona

Ash
51e5b60bd1dd87268c74cdc4263c895ed56f16a7.gif

What?

Grace was being so... so mean. This didn't make sense. She was so confused, and hurt, but now the crowd was grabbing her and dragging her into the crowd. Pushing her all the way towards the stage, no matter what she did to fight them. Maybe she didn't want the stage, not without knowing where Sean was or knowing why Grace seemed to hate her.

But she was heading for the stage, and then someone's hand was held out to her. Drake's. His usual smile was gone as he took her hand and pulled her up onto the stage. "Congrats, Queen." He spat, his face hollow as he spoke to her. And then he held out the crown to her, and Ash reached out to take it, but recoiled immediately.

It was... pills. The same little pills that she had taken right before the dance, when she had been at home. She took the crown, but the pills just crumbled up and fell to the ground around her feet.

Ash looked back towards Drake, but he had disappeared, and then that's when she heard...

Screaming?

----------

Screaming. She could hear screaming.

Ash's eyes fluttered open, and she almost lost her breath. Why was her steering wheel covered in... was that blood?

Who was screaming? Was it Grace?

She turned to see who was making that obnoxious sound, her gaze falling on Grace as she did so. She was still, she wasn't moving. There was some blood in her hair, streaked across her face. The window was shattered beside her and a horrible cold breeze was coming in through the window, but Ash couldn't feel it on her skin.

This time, her breath did catch in her throat, and the screaming stopped. That's when she realized it was her. Ash was screaming.

She tried to reach up to touch her forehead, feel her hair, try to piece together what had happened, but Ash couldn't move. Her gaze moved from Grace's prone form to look down at her chest and her dress. Blood. There was... so much blood. Fuck, Ash couldn't even see her legs past that crumpled metal of her car door. Was that her leg? Why couldn't she feel her legs?

Her arm was twisted in a... yeah, that didn't look normal. She couldn't move it. What the hell? Why couldn't she move?

The panic started up again. Ash was dizzy. It hurt to breathe. She couldn't move. "H... help... help..." Her voice called out weakly with the last of her strength, the sound of her strained. It hurt to talk, and it felt like it used up whatever oxygen was left in her.

God she needed to get help for Grace.

But she couldn't muster up the strength to yell. Not again. Her eyes rolled up in her head, she let out one last breath, and then her head fell forward, slamming into the horn on her steering wheel.

At least that worked and her wish was granted. Through the wreckage, the paramedics heard the horn from the center of the mess of cars.

Soap Soap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back