• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mason
Sideview.gif

This was weird, to have Stu burying his face in his shirt, and also kind of nasty. There was so much blood, and now so many tears and... gross, snot. He wrapped his arms around Stu awkwardly, pulling him into a gentle hug. "It's okay, Stu. You'll be okay." He whispered, and looked back towards the door as Noah came in. What the hell was right.

"I don't fucking know! I just found him like this!" Mason was still panicking. How was it that he'd started off this year hating this kid, but now he actually kind of felt bad for the kid. Not even just bad, he felt pissed at whoever had done this shit. Mason had seen plenty of kids broken and bleeding like this, but he'd never felt this upset about it.

But now was not the time to panic. He tried to keep a clear head on his shoulders. "Noah, go get a car. Meet me out front." Mason didn't actually know if Noah had a car, but fuck, maybe he could get someone else's if he didn't. He turned away from his friend back to Stu, his arms still carefully wrapped around the kid in comfort.

He waited until Noah had left, and then took in a deep breath, steadying his nerves. Stu couldn't walk, at least not without a lot of help. "Stu, we're gonna head outside now, okay?" He asked, standing up and carefully pulling the small boy to his feet. He ignored any cries of pain, instead trying to tell himself that it was for the best. Neck Tie had to get to the hospital.

Dede Dede mogy mogy

The sudden contact of a warm palm made Nova jump slightly, her body tensing quickly, but settling back down just as fast. Hazel eyes blinked a few times, regaining focus and ground of where she was before meeting Ian's equally green ones. Her mind was still elsewhere, wondering through the past and caught up in the present all at once, at yet, she still felt afloat in this weird realm of in between. "I just have some things that I need to get back to Jace," The words fell from loose lips, though Nova didn't truly care if Ian knew about it or not. She couldn't have those t-shirts, that guitar, any of it, just sitting in her room while trying to move on. Part of her wanted to pull out that one yellow t-shirt, the one with the pocket, the one that was too big on her and definitely too big on Jace... but maybe that was her own want to prolong the inevitable.

A vibration in the brunette's hand made her jump once again, everything seemingly to scare her out of her skin at the moment. She knew it was just anxiety, her heart racing as fast as her brain was seeming to, and could only hope it would go down sooner than later. Though the message on her screen didn't help.

Your new boyfriend... Hurts too much to see you right now...

Jesus, and what did Ash say about her to Jace? How did the West sister even have the slightest of ideas of what was going on when Nova herself didn't even fully have a clue? Lips pressed into a hard line before clicking onto the message and typing a response.

To: Jace 💛
It's your guitar Jace, I want you to have it back. I know how connected you are to your instruments... I just don't want to walk away from what we had on a bad note like this.

Hesitation washed over Nova before she pressed send, though it was true. Her relationship with Jace was wonderful, blissful even. They didn't fight much, they understood one another, and she didn't want that to go under the bridge without a second thought. That, and perhaps seeing Jace would, I don't know... put her mind at ease? "It's fine, let's not talk about it. Hows your song coming? Have you talked to the guys in Cali lately?" Nova clicked her phone dark before setting it in her lap, looking up at the blonde boy before her with a weak grin. It wasn't something she wanted to discuss, as it was her impulse conversational tendencies that started this in the first place. Part of her wish she had never returned to Westbrook, another part couldn't have bared to never see Jace again... and maybe some part of her was glad she had met Ian, Nova knew she was glad she had met Ian... but what if this really was going too fast... and what if she did really care about that?

PenguinFox PenguinFox Winona Winona

She never knew how long her seizures lasted, but this one seemed to be one of the longer ones. It gave small jolts through her body for a few extra minutes even after she had settled, making it difficult to be at any kind of ease. After the jolts had finally died down, she lay there, utterly beaten. It had been awhile since she had had a seizure and it was always worse after a long break. Her body ached, all over. She both gasped for air, trying to make up for the little she had breathed while seizuring and found it difficult to breathe. Even her lungs had tensed during the ordeal.

Her mind was fuzzy and it was difficult for her to focus on anything around her. She had momentarily forgotten that someone else was even in the same room as her, but, it gradually came back to her. Her head swiveled in his general direction, although she couldn't even be sure he was still there. Her hand inched out, her fingers crawling towards where she thought she had left the business card. Although, she couldn't find it. Her hand searched as much as she could, but even that was an effort. Finally, she gave up and let her hand fall still.

At this point, she really did start to panic. She had no way of communicating with the boy even if he was still here... and if he wasn't? She had no idea how long until the next class started or if there were even more music classes. The newfound panic only radiated in her harder. It made her start hyperventilating, her fingers digging into the thin carpet beneath her. At this point, she didn't know what to do. She tried moving her legs, but couldn't tell how effective she was, much less if they were moving at all.

Winona Winona

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam started digging into her food as finally, one of them started talking to her. Though she made a face, grimacing at the taste of the pizza. "How do you mess up pizza? This is a disgrace." She rolled her eyes, but still took another bite. She was hungry and bad or not, she wasn't going to let food go to waste. She turned back to him though, with a thoughtful quirk of her brow. "Oh, so you're pretty new as well huh?"

She put the pizza down and brushed away the crumbs on her hands to shake his. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Mads. You said there were a lot of parties?" With that she smiled, half turning back to her food to keep eating. Maybe this little town wouldn't be so bad after all. If there were parties, then at least there would be a little fun to be had. Though, there did seem to be a lot of clubs and sports, so there was that to look forward to as well.

She shrugged at his question. "I'm from NYC. But don't freak out on me." She raised her hands almost in a self defense sort of pose before going back to her food. "It's interesting, but not nearly as great as everyone thinks it is. Expensive, super overcrowded, nasty. It has its good qualities, but I don't miss it that much." She shrugged again before turning the question game on him. "So, where did you come from? I also couldn't help notice the uh.. specific group of people you're with." She nodded her head at the other guys at the table. "You play sports?"

Dazzle Dazzle

Last edited:
Jaehwa

Mood: Flustered | Interacting with: Vanden ( Direct Timing Direct Timing )

Jaehwa's laughter grew in volume when Vanden yelled at him. He was too intoxicated to do what he normally would in this situation: cower and apologize. He thought it very nice, though, that Vanden would've grabbed him and taken off had there really been something there. Climbing into the bed, Jaehwa grinned. "The gas money will be more than enough, Vanden," he assured him, barely noticing when Vanden pulled the covers up over his shoulder. "Honestly, she'll probably like you just as much as I do. You might not even have to pay."

There were a few things that came to Jaehwa's mind when Vanden said he would've liked to stay for a year or two. One, that he was joking around. Two, that he was saying that just for the sake of saying it. Or, three, that there was something that Vanden didn't want to go back to. Jaehwa wasn't certain of it at the moment, but the truth of the matter was that the last option there was the surest. He wondered what it was, but he didn't have much time to ponder over that.

Vanden had pulled him into an embrace, their bodies connecting underneath the warmth of the blankets. Immediately, Jaehwa tensed up, eyes widening. The hand running through his hair soothed him quickly, however, and soon enough he practically melted against Vanden, his eyes heavy with exhaustion. "You're warm, too," he breathed gently, feeling so awkwardly small next to Vanden's comforting form. It was too late, though; Vanden had fallen asleep, leaving Jaehwa there to lay with his steadily calming heart. At first, he wasn't sure what to do. Should he move? Or just lay there? He would feel too bad if he woke Vanden up by moving. And thus, that was how he drifted off to the hold of sleep, not yet daring to return the hug, but content enough in this position.

When Jaehwa woke up, the first thing he noticed was his headache. He groaned a little, trying to lift his arms, but found himself stuck, curled up somewhat uncomfortably. His legs were wrapped around another body, his head nuzzled against its chest. Tensing when he remembered everything, he pulled back sharply, almost falling off the bed in the process. The covers billowed around him. God, he prayed Vanden hadn't woken up yet. That would just be way too awkward to explain. In fact, he was pretty sure he didn't know how he ended up like that anyway.

Swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, Jaehwa took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. His stomach growled, which encouraged him to look to the clock. 2 pm. His mom was going to be here in thirty minutes. Possibly sooner since she always liked being early. He needed to get back upstairs and pack. And probably also thank Vanden for letting him stay here for the night; walking up those stairs while drunk would've undoubtedly ended in disaster. He looked over to Vanden to see if the other male was awake yet, the back of his neck still a bit flushed.
code by Ri.a

Ash
Lip Than.gif

Okay, the bar was more rundown than Ash had originally thought, but as long as they had alcohol, who really cared? The sign was blinking brightly, a couple of the letters no longer working, but she could still see the name of the bar. "Bottoms Up. Clever." She said, casting a bright smile at Raven, and then stepping forward to the bar.

She opened the door, stepping into the bar atmosphere, and expecting plenty of people dancing, or just sitting around drinking.... but instead, Ash was met with lots of boobs and butts.

Lots.

Ash was shocked into silence for a moment as Raven came in after her, her gaze turning from stripper to stripper, watching as they bounced their boobs and butts about. It was... strange, but fuck it. Ash was here for it. So she grinned, grabbing Raven's hand and dragging her deeper into the strip club. What did people do at a strip club, though?

She paused, watching as guys slipped money to the girls, cheering them on as they danced. It was just like what Ash had seen in the movies, and-- Oh... now she saw why it was called Bottoms Up.

Soap Soap

Raven
tumblr_inline_pk2f15m8Eg1tkzrhy_250.gif

"Oh." Raven's eyes bounced from stripper to stripper and landed onto the guys giving them money. Huh. Well, again, she wasn't complaining. Before she could say anything else she was being dragged off by Ash, she followed with a grin on her face. She was definitely all for this.

Strippers, and Ash? Amazing. Not that Raven had a huge preference for strippers. They were okay. But she gave them props for working. Good on them. They were just trying to make a living, why not enjoy them? They made their way to the bar and Raven plopped down onto a stool.

"Tequila." She held up four fingers. Raising an eyebrow towards Ash as they came out. Again, Raven was still a little buzzed. Okay, maybe a little more than a little and it was messing with her judgement.

"Have you ever done body shots?"

Okay, maybe sober Raven would've agreed to this too.

Winona Winona

956B00D6-613A-4659-B64C-754F7764F206.gif
❦Valerie❦
She stared at the wheel, her finger tapping the stirring wheel. She stared at her phone and then the school and then her phone. She felt weird sitting here in the chair, adjusting her dress for the 20th time then adjusting her hair for the 30th time. Her phone rang immediately and she picked it up. “What’s wrong?” Her mother’s voice was panicked and all Valerie could say was:

“Hey, I’m scared.”

Her mother breathed out a sigh and she could hear her rub her hand against her head. “Well first off, you’ve done worst things.” She mumbled. “And second off, high school is the least of your worries. Have fun, live a little.”

Valerie frowned. “Lame. High school musical have better quotes than that.”

“Honey, you’ve been the star of a movie! And you’re worried about high school.”

Valerie frowned a bit. It felt like every waking moment her mother was reminding her of that role she had in that stupid movie. She certainly didn’t want to hear it now. “Okay right. I feel 100% better. Thanks. Bye love you.”

“Wait—“ She cut the phone off and turned the car off. She opened the door and adjusted the purple dress. She couldn’t believe that she wore a dress. It wasn’t too fancy. It was a purple dress with a flower print and it was the prefect length. She put on her backpack and locked the door.

“Good vibes. Good vibes.” Valerie told herself and started to head to the school until she got a text from her phone. She paused and her shoulders fell. She texted back quickly before looking around: I can’t believe you’re doing this for me.

The text came back. Of course I am! I can introduce people to you and everything. Although I rather you discover everyone on your own.

Valerie raised her head and watched as a car parked besides her. She shook her head and waved her hands. “Leave. Right. Now. This is stupid.”

The car stopped and out came a red head. “I’m only going to finish out the year here. There’s stuff I need to do.” She came over and patted Valerie on the shoulder.

“I thought you came here for me.”

“I did! But, it’s a lot more complicated.”

Valerie frowned and started to walk with her into the school. “Um. Right. But you’ve been here before June. What’s complicated about that?”

June paused for a moment. “I’ll tell you later. But go in, I’m going to go to the office.”

Valerie opened the door for June and walked in together. She looked down at the paper. “Lunch is happening right now. But I’m going to go to my locker. See you soon?”

June shrugged. “We’ll see how things go.”

Valerie sighed. “Okay, fine.” Valerie walked over to her locker and started to put in her things, smiling a little to herself as she put in a little divider and put in her textbooks.

17F75056-86F6-49BD-8944-9A8E2C817FB0.gif
June returns

Vanden awoke noticing a strange filter of sunlight in the room as if it was shining through a kaleidoscope. He seemed to be lying on his side facing the closet. He heard the door open to their room and thought it might be Jaehwa. Maybe he had gone to get some breakfast or something? Vanden was about to turn but then something moved into view just over his shoulder. He could see part of his mom's face, her forehead and eyes, her black hair. "Mom?" Vanden excited to see her, tried desperately to turn over, or sit up. But his body was not moving. He felt trapped and his mom's expression seeming turned to one of disappointment. "Mom?" He asked again. He became aware of something touching him, smothering him, he felt hot and struggled even harder to move. And the more he struggled, the more he felt trapped, and he knew he was conscious but his body was not really awake. Vanden was fighting hard now with all his might to move. "NO!" Vanden sat up with a start. He was breathing hard and sweating. He was finally free of the hold. He saw Jaehwa standing there staring at him, his face blushed. Vanden grabbed his head thinking about what he just experienced. A vein in his head was throbbing and he felt a little sick. "I feel like shit." Vanden said throwing off the covers. His hair was in a chaotic state and his breath smelled like something had crawled in his mouth and died.

He scooted to the edge of the bed but his squinting eyes didn't account for the fact he was already at the edge of the bed and he fell off onto the floor. "...fuck..." He said. He slowly got up on one knee and saw what time it was on the clock. "Shit, is your mom here yet?" Vanden asked standing up. "I need water." Vanden stumbled over to the fridge and got a bottle of water and drank about half of the bottle before sitting it down on the dresser. He looked at Jaehwa again. "Dude, what's up, your face is red." Vanden asked waiting for a reply. Vanden eventually showered and brushed his teeth, but his headache lingered. When Jae's mom arrived they were ready to go. Vanden introduced himself to Jaehwa's mom and got in the back seat with his duffel bag and slept most of the way home.

Once they pulled up in front of his home Vanden stared out the car window. The last thing he wanted to do was go into that house. He thought about asking Jaehwa if he could maybe spend the night with him but decided that might be to forward. They really didn't know each other that well yet. Then, to Vanden's horror, the front door opened. His dad stepped out onto the porch and a sinking feeling crept over Vanden. He glanced to Jaehwa and then to Jaehwa's mom. "Thank you Mrs. Shin. Oh, uh-" Vanden got out his wallet and handed Mrs. Shin five dollars. "Please take that." He said. He got out of the car and turned to smile at Jaehwa. "See you at school Jae." He said and turned running up to the porch. "Hey dad." Vanden said.

"Who are they?" His dad asked.

"My friend and his mom, she gave me a ride back."

Vanden's dad waved with a smile at the people in the car. He turned to Vanden his expression quickly changing. "Get inside." Vanden hurried inside and went to his room. He started unpacking. His father followed Vanden and he stopped in the doorway. "You forget something, Vanden?" His dad held up the School Field Trip permission slip.
Vanden smiled nervously. "Oh, uh yeah, my teacher said that I could just bring it in on Monday. No big deal." Vanden reached for the note and his dad pulled it away. "I saw that you left note, so then I call high school. Principal answer phone." Vanden's mouth went dry. "I told her you forgot permission note, but that I had signed it. She asked, 'what note?' So I tell her, school ski trip. She said there was no school field trip to any ski resort. So then I read note to her. She say, that it was forged."

Vanden's heart was racing. "Dad, I can explain..."

"NO. You made up note, didn't you?"

Vanden felt himself getting hot in his underarms. His eyes lowered. "Yes, some friends were having a party and I got invited, I thought that was the only way you would let me go." Vanden admitted.

"You lie to me?" His dad stepped closer getting in Vanden's face. "YOU LIE TO ME?" His dad yelled poking Vanden hard in the chest with his finger.

Vanden stood there, what could he do, he had lied..."Y-yes sir." Vanden said his voice shutting off as his dad impaled him.

"What shame. You lie to me, and you dishonor your mother." His dad said throwing the note in Vanden's face.

Vanden flinched as the note hit his mouth. He swallowed hard. He had dishonored his mom and he felt ashamed for it. His dad started unbuckling his leather belt and Vanden started shaking. "I'm sorry dad, I'm sorry..." Vanden said his voice breaking into tears.

"You going to be very sorry. Now take off jacket."

Vanden slowly pulled off his jacket and laid it onto the bed. He cherished that jacket, it meant everything to him and he was proud to wear it for he had worked hard for that right.

"Now, shirt."

Vanden complied and slipped his shirt off and dropped it on the floor.

"Turn 'round."

"Dad..." Vanden pleaded.

"TURN."

Vanden slowly turned his back to his father. And when the first blow came Vanden screamed and fell to his knees. Another one quickly followed, and then another, and then another. When his father finished, Vanden was laying on the floor trembling and crying into the crevice of his arm. The impact marks were swelling up into red blotches and in several places the leather belt had raised blood.

His dad stood there admiring the work he had done on his son. That would teach him not to lie again. "Oh, I forgot one thing, Principal want to see you in her office first thing in morning, she said to bring note." With that Vanden's dad walked away shutting the door behind him. Vanden did not come out of his room the rest of the night.

Interactions: Kipsy Kipsy

Last edited:
Jaehwa

Mood: Embarrassed | Interacting with: Vanden ( Direct Timing Direct Timing )

Watching Vanden sit upright so quickly, seeing his breathing labored and his face sweaty, made Jaehwa panic. "Shit, uh..." He rubbed the side of his arm. "I'm sorry I woke you. But it seems like you were having a nightmare? Again, so sorry," he blurted out, back to his usual apologetic self. A sharp pain in his head made him wince. "If it makes you feel any better, we're both in the same predicament." Was this what a hangover felt like? Good god, it was awful. On top of the headache, he could've sworn the world was wobbling a bit every time he moved. His mouth felt disgusting, too. He needed to brush his teeth.

Jaehwa jumped when Vanden hit the floor. "Oh fuck, are you okay?" he asked, standing up and rushing to the other male's side. Vanden seemed capable enough of getting to his feet on his own, though, and now Jaehwa just felt silly. "Uhm, let me check." He pulled out his phone from his back pocket. Just a text from a while ago stating that his mom was on her way, but there was nothing indicating that she was here yet. "No, we're good." At Vanden's inquiry of his face, he scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Nothing. It's a little hot in here, though. I guess." It was the lamest excuse in the history of excuses. Come on, he was a better actor than this. And yet, flustered, his mind couldn't think of anything better.

While Vanden took care of things on his end, Jaehwa excused himself back to his own room. He made it without injury, showered, brushed his teeth, and combed his hair. After applying some lip balm (his lips were disgustingly rough, probably from the dehydration), he downed a full bottle of water before making his way back down to Vanden's room. His mother sent him a message indicating she was outside.

Naomi Shin was ecstatic to see Jaehwa had made a friend. She was constantly asking Vanden a seemingly endless stream of questions throughout the entire drive, completely in her own world. Jaehwa was embarrassed by the time they made it to the address Vanden provided. But, despite still being flustered, he managed to snag the five dollars out of his mother's hand before she could even react. "No, I told you already, you don't have to pay," he insisted, trying his best to look as resolute as possible. "Just a friend helping out a friend." Handing the money back to Vanden, he prayed the other male would take it without argument. If it was returned successfully to its original owner, he'd beam. If not, it was on his list to track down Vanden's locker and slip it back to him that way.

Waving goodbye, Jaehwa nodded, but then something came to mind. "Ah, wait!" he exclaimed, digging around in his backpack. He retrieved some sticky notes and scribbled down his number and Twitter handle, passing it over to Vanden. "Just so you can let me know how things are, n' stuff." Finally, he reclined back into his chair. "See you at school," he agreed, watching as Vanden trailed up to the porch.

"He's nice," Naomi said after a beat, pulling away and beginning the drive to their own home.

"He's very nice," Jaehwa agreed, a content smile on his face.
code by Ri.a

Noah

“Okay. Yeah, okay. I can do that. Okay.” It was almost like Noah didn’t understand what Mason was saying to him, but he just agreed. This was all just so shocking for him, and he was kind of very close to fainting, but thankfully, Noah came to his senses rather soon. He left the bathroom and started walking through the student-filled hallways, pushing through groups of people. Nobody knew what was happening, and that just stunned Noah. Everybody was just walking, and having a jolly good time, while somebody was fighting for their life, not even 100 feet away. Halfway to his car, Noah realized that this was actually an emergency, and that he was supposed to be running.

Doing track for the last 3 years really paid off since Noah found himself standing in front of his new red Nissan Terra, or to be more exact, his moms new red Nissan Terra, in just about two minutes. He took the car keys out of his bag, unlocking the car.

This meant that the easy part was over, but that the hard part was just beginning. The thing that Noah forgot to tell Mason, mostly because he didn’t know that he even needed to do it, was that he was a profoundly bad driver and that he couldn’t drive for shit. He did have his license, but only because his driving instructor felt bad after Noah couldn’t pass his driving test for the seventh time.

“I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.” Noah repeated to himself. He would usually repeat comforting words to himself when he was under a lot of stress, which was in this moment as well.

Noah started the car and put his hands onto the wheel. He realized that there was another problem with his bad driving. He didn’t know how to 'unpark' the car because the two cars around his car were parked so close to his car. To be honest, be barely knew how to 'unpark' when there weren’t any cars around.

“Fuck it.” Without much thinking, knowing that Mason was probably waiting for him, Noah stepped on gas and ran right across the school parking lot, almost running over a few students, but thankfully not hitting anybody or anything.

Noah soon realized that he was closer to the school entrance than he thought so he pushed the brake very suddenly—his tires made that screeching sound, leaving four black trails on the road/walkway.

Interactions: Winona Winona (Mason)
Mentions: Dede Dede (Stu)

Neck Tie

Bx2XnEq.gif

Neck Tie nodded when Mason said they were going outside. The younger boy drew himself closer to the older for protection, clinging to him by the scruff of his shirt in a manner typically reserved for brothers rather than school friends. Now the two of them prepared to brave the Westbrook hallway together. Reassured by Mason's words, Neck Tie began limping in small uneven steps. It was a struggle to put one foot in front of the other, but he knew Mason wouldn’t let him fall.

He continued to hide his blood-soaked face in the older boy’s shirt as they emerged from the bathroom. It was lunchtime and the hallway was at peak traffic. Soon enough, people began noticing them and the blood trail which linked them back to the scene of the crime. Even with Neck Tie's face covered in blood and tucked away tidily in Mason’s chest, some observant onlookers still recognised him. Many began gawking and gasping among themselves. 'Holy shit, is that Neck Tie?' Each an expert in the Westbrook sport of roughhousing, they filled the air with buzzes of their opinions and fanciful theories as to what might have gone down in that bathroom.

Yet for all the people standing there watching, Westbrook was a lonely, lonely place.

Neck Tie closed his eyes to the nosy bystanders, screwing his broken face deeper into Mason’s shirt so as to not display it to the whole world. The exit to the parking lot wasn’t far away. They only had to make it round the corner, and then past the lockers, and they were there. With any luck the other boy would have already been parked out front waiting for them.

The word spread like whisperings among the trees. Soon all of Westbrook would have heard about the bloody assault on their own mascot boy. Neck Tie only hoped that he would no longer be here by then, and that Mason would have taken him to a place far, far away. If he had it his way, he'd never come back to Westbrook again.

Winona Winona mogy mogy

Ash
Lip Than.gif

She'd never done body shots before, but a huge grin came onto her face at the very suggestion. "Oh hell yeah. Well, no, I've never done body shots, but I'm here for it." Doing body shots off of Raven? Hell yeah. It was a great idea. What a perfect way to get over what had happened with Ryder, and Grace, and everything else going wrong in her life.

The answer to everything was shots, shots, and more shots.

The bartender brought the tequila shots over, and Ash took one right away, downing it quickly and only grimacing for a second before she looked back towards Raven. This time, her grin wasn't fake -- it was real. "Raven, you're a good friend. Why don't we hang out more?" She asked with a sigh. "Now tell me how to do this body shot thing."

Soap Soap

F0CF03CB-70FF-430D-8AA9-F801905931C4.gif
June
She didn’t like this or want this at all. She was once again stuck in this sick place called Westbrook, but now she had other bigger things to worry about. She smiled shyly at the front desk lady and June gave her a thumbs up in apology before opening the door and pausing as people flooded the hallway. She was about to head to where Valerie was until something caught her sight and she backed up quickly, closing the door as they passed. She peered out the window instead. Her eyes widening as she saw Mason and Stu. And Stu... Her hands shook for a moment before she gripped them together and made her way back outside quietly.

She didn’t want to be seen by anyone today. She just needs to get her bearings and most importantly stay by Valerie. Which she didn’t now, but was getting back to. Until she wasn’t.

She walked back to the locker and didn’t see her at all. June quickly looked around and felt her heart race for a second. She wanted to be by her side, she didn’t truly know the nature of Westbrook. She walked quietly away and briskly into a restroom where she furiously texted Valerie.

Mentions: Dede Dede Winona Winona

C54136E1-2D9C-470F-8325-84B4DDD9B2E7.gif
❦Valerie❦
Valerie was amazed. She had walked into the cafeteria and her heart skipped a beat watching all these people go to and fro classes. She wanted to talk to someone, hit it off with someone. But everyone didn’t seem to care about her. They were just looking down at their phones or talking to each other. Valerie ran through things she could talk about to someone. Maybe slide in she was in a movie once?

Or not. That would look too selfish and annoying. Gloating isn’t the best first impression. But on the other hand, having no first impressions isn’t the best first impression. Her phone buzzed just as she was getting the courage to talk to someone, making her frown to see who it was. June. She didn’t want to talk to June more, she had friends she could catch up with. Why would June want to hang out with her?

She rolled her eyes and typed back: ttyl.

Then put away her phone as she walked through the halls.

Mason
Sideview.gif

He hated everyone that was staring, and he wished that he could do something to stop their stares, and stop the whispering that they were all doing about Stu. Mason wanted to yell at them, but he didn't want to scare Stu more or, if it was possible, drag more attention towards the two of them. Instead, he settled for casting dirty looks at whoever he could, hoping that the look of death that he was sending towards them would make them think twice about this.

People were trying to take photos, but Mason's death glare made most of them lower their phones. Except Chad. He was going to be meeting his maker when Mason returned from the hospital, because there was no way that any of this was okay.

As they passed by the front office, Mason wondered if he should stop in and tell them what was happening, but surely they knew. He'd deal with the whole skipping school thing to go to the hospital later, but his gaze still passed over the office as the door closed and then someone stopped in the window, looking out at them. At first, Mason looked away, but then he had to do a double take. Was that... June? Fuck, there was no way that could really be her, was there?

But they were at the front door, and Mason had to try and forget what he saw. It must've been the stress of what was going on that made him think he saw her, but he couldn't shake the thought as he pushed the door open and helped Stu outside. The door closed after them and he helped Stu to Noah's car, which was parked kind of awkwardly.

Mason opened up the back door, helping Stu into the car, and then climbed in after him. "Shit, this is a nice car. I'll, uh, help you get the blood out of the seat after we get to the hospital." He said to Noah.

Moonshadow Moonshadow Dede Dede mogy mogy

Noah
Noah didn’t have to wait long before Mason and the fucked-up kid came out of the school, followed by a bunch of other students, taking pictures, pretending to be shocked and like they actually cared about what had happened. It made Noah mad because it reminded him of his experiences with all of these gossipy, judgmental and selfish teens. It was like nobody cared and nobody wanted to help, but everybody wanted to get a glimpse of what was happening from the sidelines and take a few pictures to commemorate the moment. Absolutely pathetic.

When Mason and the kid entered the car, getting blood on the seats wasn’t really the first thing Noah thought about. To be honest, he couldn’t care less about the seats at the moment. All he could care about was that he couldn’t let a kid’s death be on his consciousness on his first day back at Westbrook.

“The hospital?” Noah was in disbelief. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard. Was Mason actually serious? Did he really expect Noah to drive all the way to the hospital? That was on the other side of town, and between the school and the hospital were a lot of dangerous and yet unexplored roads. He even heard that one of them had a roundabout. A roundabout! Noah was still scared of roundabouts from his second time of taking his driving test—the time he got stuck in one and ended up literally going in circles for ten minutes.

Seeing that Mason already sat down in the back seat with his friend, Noah started the car up again. If it was under any other circumstances, there would be no way in hell that Noah would even start up that car, unless it was to get home, but this kid truly needed help.

“Fuck, okay…” Noah slowly backed out onto the parking lot. Thankfully, since it was lunch time, no other cars were driving around in it, which made it a little bit easier on Noah. He quickly got out of the parking lot, without a problem, but the first turn he had to take, he misjudged, bumped into a stop sign and continued to go forward, scratching the whole side of his mom’s new car.

“Shit. Fuck!” He continued to drive, knowing that the kid needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

Not long after, Noah remembered that he had forgotten to check his lights beforehand, so being a paranoid dumdum he is, he decided to check them. While he was driving. That caused him to go off of the road a little bit and crash into trash bins some people left on their driveway for the garbage truck to pick up.

“Fuck!” Noah yelled again while he tried to get the trash off of the windscreen with the wipers. He wanted to cry. This was so much pressure.

Thankfully, the rest of the ride went by smoothly. Well not smoothly, but smoother than the start. It wasn’t long before Noah stopped the car in front of the hospital and the chaotic drive was finally over.

Interactions: Winona Winona (Mason)
Mentions: Dede Dede (Stu)

Sawyer

The small hours of the morning were a haven for Sawyer right now. That moment right when she woke up and everything was quiet and she could breathe. She could breathe because in that moment she was oblivious to everything going on. It was a blessing that she wished would just stay there. But once the gears in her head started to turn and her body stretched itself out and curled back into itself, everything came flooding back in. Now suddenly she was staring blankly at the ceiling watching the fan blades twirl and slice through the orbs floating in front of her vision. One after the other the blades ravaged their course through the air. She blinked, and the orbs were gone. Still, she laying unmoving, barely blinking. The air stung her eyes and made them water. For a moment that was all it was, the air, but then it wasn't. Because now tears were streaking down her face a little too fast to be because of the air. They slid off her face and pooled on her pillow soaking through the cover and seeping into the pillow itself. She didn't know what time it was. Sawyer couldn't bring herself to move her head to look at her alarm clock. Her chest rattled and shook like someone was playing xylophone with her ribs. Then it stopped moving all together. She held her breath for at least a solid minute, letting the tears dry and waiting for her heart to calm. When she breathed again it came out as more of a whine, but there were no more tears and the xylophone player was gone.

Sawyer had no idea how long she had been laying there just staring at the ceiling, but it was due past twelve when she finally moved. She moved without purpose. Floating to the bathroom and out again like a ghost. There was really no attention paid to what she dressed her self in. Sawyer's eyes stayed glued to the floor as she pulled some random hoodie over her head and her beanie after it. Slowly, her feet dragged her down the hall her hand dragging against the wall. She didn't even notice the way her finger nails were digging into the plaster, and when she remove her hand it had all piled up under her nails. The kitchen was quiet. The house was quiet. Sawyer assumed her dad had taken her cousin to school. In a moment of clarity, she felt bad for abandoning Jasmine on her first day. That moment didn't last long. Sawyer could feel the cool metal of the necklace Grace had given her resting against her chest. She hadn't taken it off. To be truthful, she didn't really want to. Maybe if she kept it on she could pretend like everything was fine. Sawyer's hand reached up and clutched at the cloth of her hoodie, pulling the necklace out from under it. She stood there awkwardly for a moment staring at the way the necklace reflected the light filtering through the window. She twisted the necklace and the light bounced up into her eyes and she closed her eyes and the necklace fell back to it's spot.

When Sawyer opened her eyes again she was sitting in her car in the school parking lot. The drive over had been hazy and she remembered almost none of it. But now she was at school. Now it was time to pull herself together. Sawyer tightened her jaw and adjusted the hood on her hoodie before stepping out of the car. She took one step and almost got blown over by someone streaking past her in a red Nissan. She watched it go by and swore that she recognized the guy at the driver's seat

"Noah?" She whispered to herself as she watched the car almost crash as it came to a stop in front if the school. Then there was Mason and and very bloodied looking Stu walking through the doors. The two boys got into the Nissan and it took off again. Sawyer's brows drew together as she started walking rather quickly toward the school. What thevhell had happened? Sawyer pushed through the doors and stopped. Who was she looking for?

Grace.

Sawyer's shoulders fell as she realised she couldn't exactly go gossip to Grace anymore. Those shoulders fell even more when she realised there was no one she could run to. Sawyer's feet stayed planted in front of the doors as her face dropped and paled like she'd seen a ghost. The ghost of herself barreling down the hallway to spill something or other to Grace. The ghost of herself grinning at Stu and Grace covered in foam in the hall. The ghost of herself throwing an arm around Ryan, rolling her eyes at Ash, laughing as she watched cheerleader tryouts. When those ghosts faded she almost fell over.

Sawyer was alone.

@anyonewhofeelslikeprobablymakinghermoveawayfromthedoor

Ava
Question.gif

Ava snorted at that. Right. Her attitude. "The only issue I'm having right now is dealing with some nosy bitch in the bathroom." She responded, narrowing her eyes in annoyance as the other girl pushed her out of the way to look in the mirror. Despite there being plenty of other mirrors because, well, it was a public school bathroom. This was why Ava hated people, and much preferred to just stick to herself! Alone! Playing video games or reading a book!

She didn't want to stay in here, dealing with this rude girl, or rather... dealing with anyone. So she just pushed out of the room, roughly bumping into the girl on her way out. Apparently no longer having JJ, or... anyone meant that she wasn't in the mood to deal with anybody. Ever again. Fuck this random bathroom girl. She was just as pathetic as Ava.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

--------------------------------

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

To be honest, Jace had no idea what to do. The girl continued to have a seizure, and it occurred to him that even with the helpful card, he had no idea what to do. This was why he preferred to just leave people that were dying! Or all bloody! Or whatever else! It was just so much easier than dealing with the actual thing. Props to doctors everywhere.

So he may have left her momentarily, running out of the room to get the nurse that wasn't too far away. His phone buzzed in his pocket again, but he ignored it for the time being, instead getting the nurse first and leading her back to the music room. The nurse headed over to help the nameless girl on the floor and for a moment Jace stood back, watching. He reached to his head to readjust his beanie, only to remember its horrific demise in a fire, and then he started feeling anxious.

What if she actually did die? What if he had just sentenced her to death? What if it wasn't a seizure? All of the thoughts in his head made him start to grow sick to his stomach, his heart pounding, his throat closing up, his breathing becoming shallower. Was it just him, or did it feel like all the oxygen in the room was being sucked out?

He stepped out of the music room, trying to calm his breathing and made it a few steps down the hallway before he leaned back against the wall and then sank to the ground. Jace pulled out his phone, pulling up yet another text from Nova. God... he didn't even know what to say to that. This was too hard, too much.

To: Nova
Keep it. It was a gift. I don't, either, but I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore. I need time to think.

And then he dropped his phone to his side and pulled his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around them before he lowered his head onto his knees, his whole body shaking as he tried to calm his breathing.

Gomenesigh Gomenesigh txlos txlos

Sawyer

At some point Sawyer found herself able to move. She shook her head several times as if she was trying dislodge memories. There wasn't any particular direction she was going, definitely not to class, so she just found herself kind of wandering aimlessly through the halls. A few people passed her but nothing really pulled her out of whatever reverie she was caught up in. Sawyer honestly had no idea to do with herself. While they were together she hadn't even realized how attached at the hip she and Grace were. It was only now that she was beginning to realize. God, she'd been utterly infatuated. Who was she kidding, she was still utterly infatuated. But there was nothing she could do about it now. She just needed to find something to get her mind off of Grace. Sawyer turned a corner and saw her distraction curled into himself on the floor just outside the music room, a very beanieless Jace. Sawyer just kind of stood there for a second before coming to a decision.

He looked like a different person without that thing on his head. Sawyer wasn't as attached to hers as he was to his but there was still that similarity between them, at least. So, without a second thought, Sawyer pulled her beanie off her head as she approached Jace. She reached out and let the thing fall into his lap as she sunk to the floor beside him. From what she'd heard from Grace, Jace was probably pretty damn down in the dumps too at the moment. All she really knew was something about Theo and then Nova returning on top of that. Man, that blows.

"You don't look right without one." Sawyer explained, her voice a little harsher sounding than usual, "It's not yellow but, well it'll do." She fell silent, staring at the wall opposite them for a moment. There was a possibility Jace wouln't even talk to her. They barely knew each other, after all. But she and JJ barely knew each other too and well, you know how that went. So, she thought there wasn't any harm in at least trying to be friendly to her beanied brethren.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Neck Tie

cQRSpmg.gif

What was supposed to be a short limp to the car quickly turned into something of a parade, with teens and their cell phones lining up on both sides for their daily dose of Westbrook excitement. Mason and Neck Tie became impromptu celebrities, only instead of a red carpet, they walked a trail of blood and tears.

Neck Tie felt a cold breeze on his face when they stepped outside. Good -- it meant he still had a face with which to feel things. The boy squinted at the sun. It was a perfect day for a trip to the hospital.

He bumped his head trying to get into the car, because at this point, why the hell not?

The pain was negligible in the grand scheme of things. The two settled in the backseat. Neck Tie was starting to calm down a little after that hectic escape from Westbrook. He was breathing more evenly and regaining his senses piecemeal.

He heard Mason say it was a nice car. Of course, it would be a shame if a random kid were to bleed all over it.

So the boy laid his head on Mason’s lap and faced upward. That was what he did sometimes when he got a nosebleed, to stop himself from bleeding all over the place. But his dad always told him to do the opposite, to pinch his nose and face slightly downward. It would have helped if he still had a nose left to pinch.

That was weird: he’d never seen Mason’s face up close from this angle before. Mason had quite a weird-looking chin. How come he never noticed that before?

As expected, Neck Tie started tasting blood in his throat. But he’d lost so much blood already, he’d figured it couldn’t be a bad thing that some of it was going back down into his system.

The car was swerving left and right. Then he heard a loud, scratching noise. Neck Tie groaned in pain as he was jostled and his whole body almost thrown into the legroom. 'Ow-- ow--' He felt like he was going to be sick. It wouldn’t be the first time he’d puked in a car.

Thankfully that didn’t happen, but had they stayed on the road for a couple minutes longer it wouldn’t be just his blood that they’d be scrubbing off the seat.

They pulled up in front of the E.R. wing of the Westbrook Heights Medical Center. It was a miracle they didn’t crash right into the waiting room. At least that would have saved them some walking time. Anyway there was little left to get excited about, since all the medical responders and the nurses and the doctors probably already knew him.

Winona Winona mogy mogy

Last edited:

Zach raised an eyebrow, smirking at Juliette, he wasn't sure what she had been trying to get at but she seemed to let it go as quickly as she had brought it up. Letting out a small laugh as she pointed out that he was alone. "How do you know I'm alone? Maybe my date went to grab a thing or something?" He waited for a reaction from Juliette, but then quickly reassured her. "Don't worry JJ you aren't date crashing." He smiled brightly towards the girl.

"Hey you have something in your hair." Zach leaned forward gently pulling what seemed to be a flake of ash from the fire out of her hair, his fingers linger by her ear for a moment before leaning back against his own chair. "There. All better."

"I'm just waiting on the right girl to come along, seems like she might of finally made it though." Zach winked towards Jules. "It took her long enough." Okay maybe he was going too far, she was with Bryan after all, wasn't she. "Sorry" He shook his head, clasping his hands together in front of him. "I went too far there." Bryan was still his friend, well friend was a strong word.. He just didn't want to be the guy who wrecked someones relationship.

Soap Soap

"Relatively. I moved here in November, so it was a rather abrupt change." He shook her hand back, Westbrook was really wild, parties and all. Mostly because of the drama that occurred at them, or because of them. Belle's birthday was pretty relaxed.... No.. Daniel crushed that kids guitar.. JJ's party was calm though... Minus that guy that tried to hit on Scar... Scar.. God he missed her, she kept his mind off of everything else. He was still shocked she had left as quick as she came.

"Yea, someone usually throws a party weekly. Or we all end up at Chads.." Chad was kind of an ass but there was free booze and his parents weren't ever home. "That must be why you don't like the pizza then." Madison smiled, "Is the pizza as good as you say?" He laughed lightly. "My sister and I moved from North Carolina. I don't think she handled the change as well as I did."

Sam made sure to mention she noticed that he was surrounded by the jocks. "Is it that obvious to you?" He laughed a bit more. "Yea, I play basketball" He mimicked a lay up in the air. "What about you, do you play any sports?"

Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

590672In the middle of the night Vanden sent Jaehwa a text.

"Hi Jae. I just want you to know I had fun hanging out with you this weekend. I hope to see you at school tomorrow."

The next morning when Vanden got to school he went straight to the Principal's office. The secretary was sitting behind her desk and looked at Vanden. "Yes?"

"Hi, uhm, I'm here to see Principal Nona. My name is Vanden Xie." Vanden said adjusting his backpack.

"Ok, I think she was expecting you." She picked up the phone and pressed a button. "Yes, a Vanden Xie is here to see you? Ok, I will." She hung up the phone and went back to her paperwork. "Have a seat over there. Principal Nona will be out in a moment." She said gesturing to a group of three black chairs that were up against the wall. Vanden went over and took off his backpack and sat it down between his legs when he seated himself. He didn't lean against the chair though. His back was much to sore for that. Vanden was fidgeting with his fingers when a short, think black woman came up to him. She was dressed professionally and eyed Vanden. "Vanden Xie?" She asked coldly.

"Yes ma'am." Vanden said waiting for her to tell him what to do.

"Follow me." Vanden stood up and grabbed his backpack. He followed the Principal into her office. Coach Armstrong was in there waiting too. He sipped his cup of coffee as Vanden walked in. Vanden tried smiling at him but the coach seemed detached.

The principal shut the door behind Vanden. "Sit." She told Vanden and he did. She sat down at her computer and started reading. "So, Vanden Xie, age sixteen, 3.4 grade average, not bad considering you play football, 5'8", no known medical conditions, mother passed away last year."

"You sound like the perfect student, except..." She paused, her eyes narrowing on Vanden's.

"Except, I lied." Vanden said looking down at the floor.

590684"Not just lied, you forged a school document, which, might I add, is punishable by suspension and will also go on your permanent record as an infraction. Certainly won't help you get any scholarships." She let that hang in the air a moment.

Vanden looked up at her. "No, wait, I need that scholarship." Vanden glanced at Coach Armstrong. He merely took a sip of coffee.

"Speaking of which, let me see the forgery." Principal Nona said clasping her hands.

Vanden unzipped his backpack and fumbled around for the note. He finally found it and handed it to the Principal. She looked it over and arched a brow. "Well, that's quit the replica, Vanden." She handed the paper to the coach.

"Interesting." Coach Armstrong said handing it back to Nona. "Nothing kids haven't done before at this school."

"Maybe on someone else's watch, but not on mine." Nona said sharply in response. She turned her attention back to the boy sitting in front of her. "So Vanden. You went to a ski resort up north. There were other students there?"

Vanden nodded.

"Well, coach, what do you think?"

Coach Armstrong cleared his throat. "Well, this is nothing to get suspended over." He said plainly and then took another sip. He didn't seem to get ruffled about much.

"Oh, I would disagree. This is a clear violation of school policy. Here, I have highlighted it in the student handbook. Here's one for you too, Vanden." Nona said.

The coach barely glanced at it and then threw it on her desk. "We have a game Friday, and I need Vanden there. He's our fastest runner."

Vanden read through the highlighted parts but then heard the coach, some hope began to shine again inside him. "I'll do anything, I'll stay late and clean bathrooms, whatever, but I can't be suspended. I just can't." Vanden said with an all to serious tone for a boy his age.

"Oh you teenagers are so dramatic." Nona rolled her eyes. "Anyway, the policy is clear on this one. Sorry coach, I can't budge." Nona said as if she was wrapping this meeting up.

Vanden was sitting on the edge of his seat at this point. "But Principal Nona, please...I really need to be here, I have to get this scholarship so I can go to college." There was almost an urgency in Vanden's voice.

The coach stood up. "Well, there you have it. He's willing to do anything to not be suspended. I say, have him clean bathrooms every day for the next two weeks, wash your car, whatever, but he needs to stay." The coach sipped his coffee and then left the room.

Principal Nona looked as though she had just been slapped on the face. Her eyes shot back to Vanden like two daggers. Vanden looked down at his hands.

"I'll tell you what Vanden, you write down the names of every student that was at that little party you went to, and what they were drinking, smoking, dropping, and I'll make this infraction disappear." She said putting out a piece of paper and a pen.

"B-but, they would find out I snitched..." Vanden said looking up at her.

"If you think any of those kids in your position wouldn't give up your name in a heart beat for a chance at that scholarship, you better think again. I can guarantee you that none of them give two shits about you Vanden, and a detective never reveals her source. I'll bury your name so deep that no one will find it for a hundred years, and by then, they will all be dead. Now, do you want that goddamn scholarship or not?"

Vanden looked at his fingers. He was great at catching the ball and running with it. 'You're one of the fastest kids I've ever seen,' the coach had told him a couple of months ago. Vanden took a deep breath and reached for the paper and pen. He started writing and when he was done he handed it back to Nona. She arched a brow as she read it. Nona handed Vanden a letter. "Get out." She said coldly and Vanden left. Nona laid the piece of paper on her desk. There was a single name written on it, Vanden Xie.

Vanden's eyes were watering by the time he got to Coach Armstrong's office. He had been cast out of his school family and there was nothing else. Maybe the coach could help. Coach Armstrong was in is office reading a book, Leading Today's Youth. Vanden walked in with a sniffle. The coach looked up at Vanden. "Well, what was the verdict?" He asked, though he already knew by Vanden's appearance. He sat his book down open faced on his old metal desk.

"She suspended me." Vanden held the letter out to the coach.

Coach Armstrong took the letter and read it over. He sighed heavily and then placed it on his desk. He took out a pink pad and a pen and wrote a note handing it off to Vanden. "You let me worry about this letter, and you worry about the game on Friday. Here, take this and get to class."

Vanden's face lit up. He was speechless." Go on now." The coach said with the smile of an understanding father. Vanden ran out of the coach's office, his heart filling with hope once again.

---

Later that afternoon in the Principal's office...

"Coach Armstrong, I was expecting you." Nona said as the coach came in shutting the door behind him.

"I don't think you were expecting this." He said throwing the letter she had given to Vanden on her desk. A usb flash drive was taped to it.

She looked at it. "And what the hell is this?" She asked.

"Vanden's get out of jail free card. Not just for today, but until the day he walks across that graduation floor." Coach Armstrong said.

Nona was irritated at the coach's words. She ripped off the flash drive and plugged it into her computer. A video came up and she watched it.

She turned to look at the coach. "You son-of-a-bitch, you would dare use this against me?" Nona asked furious.

"You're goddamn right I would Nona. And in the future, if one of my boys breaks one of your precious little policies, then send them to me first, I'll deal with them on my terms. You have no right to dangle their only hope to make something of themselves in front of them like a bargaining chip. For some of those boys its the only future they have."

Coach Armstrong left Nona's office.

Nona's blood was boiling.

Interactions: Kipsy Kipsy

Last edited:
Keisha
Keisha.gif

Okay so maybe this Carter chick was way cooler than Keisha had originally given her credit for. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise, but she quickly brushed that away, replacing her surprise by a small smirk. As if none of this was a surprise to her, as if it all made sense but at the same time... yeah, Carter was awesome. Carter was smart.

"Well, I hate to break into you, but I gotta go. Stupid new kid, first day shit." Keisha said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She stood up from the seat, grabbing her half-eaten apple and almost empty milk, and raised a hand in good bye to Carter. "See ya around, hot shot." And with that, she turned and started walking away.

Hot shot? Really? Damn. Keisha was not getting any cool young person points for that one. Wincing at the stupid words, she quickly downed the rest of her milk and crushed the container because that made her feel cool, then threw away the measly lunch. Sighing, she cast a glance around the other students, then headed out of the cafeteria.

Dazzle Dazzle

-------------------------------------

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He wasn't expecting anyone to approach him. Least of all Sawyer. For a moment he was silent, looking numbly down at the beanie she's just tossed into his lap. He slowly picked it up, turning it over in his hands, and then just sighed, numbly holding it. "Thanks." He said. "Ash said I should burn mine. Said it would make me feel better... it did for a minute." Now, he just felt naked. And cold. Seriously. His head was freezing all the time now without that damn beanie to keep him warm. Part of him really wanted to slip Sawyer's beanie on, just for the comfort of having it, but at the same time... he was scared to. What if it was a trick? Sawyer was scary.

He then realized that mentioning Ash was probably a horrible idea since she'd caused the heartbreak that Sawyer was feeling... kind of. "Sorry about what happened. It's stupid." Okay, kind of. Jace had only heard what Ash had told him -- that Sawyer and JJ had kissed, but Jace had a hard time believing it had gone down like that. He'd never seen anyone so stupidly in love and infatuated like Sawyer was with Grace. Anyone could tell that Sawyer only had eyes for Grace.

"How are you holding up?" Oh god. Why couldn't he stop talking about her breakup?

KingofAesir KingofAesir

----------------------------------

Mason
Sideview.gif

It was a little strange when Neck Tie laid his head in Mason's lap. But he'd pretty much brought this on himself by getting into the backseat alongside Stu, but what else was he supposed to do? What if the kid fell off the seat or stopped breathing or something? He needed to be back here, just in case something happened. Because, okay, yeah, maybe he was a little worried about Neck Tie -- a little more worried than he would've been about most other people in this situation.

Noah's driving was enough to make Mason stop worrying about Stu and worry more about his life, though. His eyes widened in horror as he drove and scratched the side of the car on a stop sign. It was then that Mason realized his mistake. Noah was a terrible driver. Fuck. They were going to die before they even made it to the hospital.

Now, Mason was a pretty calm person. But after hitting trash cans and hearing the fifth car honk at them, Mason thought he might pass out from fear of dying in the backseat. He could only yell "Look out!" and "What the fuck?!" so many times before he just had to close his eyes and pray to whatever god there was that he'd make it there alive.

He was more than happy, relieved, and surprised when they pulled to a stop outside of the hospital. Mason fumbled with the door handle, angrily hitting it with his hand until it finally opened up. "Hey!" He yelled as loudly as he could. "We need help out here!" Mason looked back down at Stu, the fear settling back in his gut. "You'll be okay, kid."

Mason moved Stu's head from his lap and slipped out of the car. Blood now stained his shirt and his pants, but he didn't care as he headed towards the hospital doors, yelling for help. He hadn't even made it to the doors when a couple nurses came rushing out with a gurney, looking at him in shock before they headed to the car to help Stu out.

Dede Dede mogy mogy

-----------------------------------------

Milos
Sliding In.gif

Everyone had heard about what happened between Westbrook's resident it couple. Grace and Sawyer, the Homecoming King and Queen, had broken up. It was all the drama that anyone could handle, and Milos was scared to even go to drama club after handling this all day! Plus with Sawyer there, everything was just even more sad.

Of course, Milos was determined to cheer up Sawyer, but Graham happened to be rather close to Grace given the whole "cheerleading squad" thing. So when his best friend mentioned needing a hand in helping the pretty cheerleader feel a whole lot better, well, who was Milos to say no? "Not a problem. I'll see you at lunch." He'd told Graham, and then he'd spent his classes daydreaming about just how he would make Grace feel better. A cake? No. Candy? No. Flowers? Never.

Finally, he'd made a decision. Balloon animals. He'd purchased a balloon animal making set a while back and still had the stuff crammed into his locker. He'd used them to make a cute Homecoming proposal for a guy who ended up popping his balloon heart and real heart. But that was beside the point! Balloon animals made everything better!

So with Graham in tow, and a bag of balloons and an air pump, Milos headed into the cafeteria towards the cheerleaders' table. The closer they got, the darker his cheeks turned. Cheerleaders scared him. They were intimidating. Gorgeous, confident, and unpredictable. They were like the... the... sirens of the high school world.

He slid into the seat beside Grace, setting his balloons in front of him before he turned to her. "Hey, Gracie." He said, his eyebrows knitted together with worry about her. "Snake or dog?"

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

She nodded, throwing the pizza crust down after having finished the main portion of it. It would be enough for her until the end of the day when she could leave and get some real food. Finally finished with this... mean, if she could even call it that. She turned her attention fully to Mads. "Well, I should probably meet this Chad, then. I need to get myself invited to these parties. I bet they're filled with a lot of excitement." She smiled, knowing that parties in high school weren't just about parties. There were always extra elements, drama, and more than enough fun. While she was loathe to admit it, she loved drama. She hated being a part of it, but she liked being in the know, having all the information in case she needed it.

She half-heartedly shrugged. "Eh, it depends on where you go. Most of the city has the touristy places, but there's some real good places at the unknown little dives. You just have to know where to look. BUT." She clapped her hands together before throwing her hands wide. "Really, almost all the food in the city is good. Each little section has its own special little twist on things and then it is the city, so a lot of places have that extra little hipster flair, but the food is still good. And none of it is too terribly expensive. "

"North Carolina, huh? That doesn't sound too terribly bad. I've always wanted to go somewhere that wasn't as crowded and gross. This town isn't actually all that bad. Did you like North Carolina at least?" She couldn't help but laugh at his little air layup. "Not bad. I might have to challenge you to a little one on one." She crossed her arms over her chest and turned so she was facing out, her back leaning against the table. "I do a little bit of everything, I've done Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Lacrosse, and a few others. All recreationally of course. Schools don't typically have teams for us ladies, so I have to make do on my own."

Dazzle Dazzle

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whatever happened next seemed to go by in a blur. She had tried several times to communicate with whoever she was with, but it was futile. There was nothing she could do but lay there. At some point she had sensed that whoever was there had left, which made her panic. She was frightened she would be left there, alone, until she passed out or stopped breathing. Possibly both. But, soon enough she felt the presence of someone. Who it was, she wasn't sure. Even when she did manage to open her eyes, nothing would come into focus. What came next was a series of pokes and prodding, testing her arms and legs, to which she tried to respond as much as possible. Her eyelids were raised and a light was shined into them. It was too bright and she tried to turn away, but spots now played over her eyelids anyways. All over again there was stillness until she was shifted and lifted up. It hurt, any amount of movement hurt and being entirely shifted was like hot iron all over her body. The pain, confusion, fear all sent her tumbling into darkness.

When she finally woke up, she was confused. Everything was white and it was difficult to move. But, she managed to push herself up into a sitting position. Now, she could see that she was in the nurse's office. Looking at the clock showed that not too much time had passed. It was still lunch, but it was coming to a close. No one seemed to be in the room and she was glad. It was difficult, but she managed to pull herself to the edge of the bed and lift herself up. She was still sore, but it wasn't anything she hadn't experienced before. Her bag was on the floor and she quickly grabbed it before leaving.

Well, she thinks she's had enough school for the day. A few classes were enough and nothing in the second half of her day was enough to make her want to stay. Her new level of sluggishness would be noticed, if that boy didn't spread rumors about her first. Even if they didn't... People would give her even more looks, followed by even more whispers. So, she was just going to ditch. It's not as if people would miss her or that she'd miss out on a significant amount of learning. By the time she had left the office, she heard someone call out to her, but she ignored them and kept walking. She didn't want to answer any questions. She wasn't exactly sure how strict the school was on skipping and tardiness, so she decided to take the long way out. She walked down the halls and went out the back to where all the fields were. Football, soccer, and whatever else the school had that she honestly didn't even care about.

Though, by the time she got there, she was pretty out of breath. The seizure had taken more out of her than she originally thought and already it felt like she was going to collapse again. Luckily for her, there were some bleachers nearby, although she didn't go sit on them, but rather underneath them to where the bleachers would protect her from the scorching sun. In all her walking, it hadn't occurred to her how cold it actually was outside. It probably didn't help that she was wearing all black, either. All black tended to make everything pretty warm. When she finally got under the protection of the bleachers, she went to sit down, but more or less just let gravity do its work. First she collapsed down to her knees and then just kind of tilted herself enough to get into a sitting position. She yanked the bag off her shoulder and pulled up her sleeves as much as possible. Already she was sweating. Was leaving really the best idea? Absolutely not. But, she had already committed herself to it and there wasn't much she could do about it now.

Interactions: OPEN
Direct Timing Direct Timing

Last edited:
Belle

Belle wouldn't be rushing to go on another ski trip anytime soon. It was all chaos and drama. Sure a few good things had happened but majority bad. Jj being the awful person she was destroyed Grace and Sawyers relationship. Sure Grace didn't blame her but as her best friend, she did. Adding salt to the wound she then proceeded to go sink her claws into Zach. Not wanting to touch JJ with a six-foot pole she ended up calling an Uber for her and Grace, going back down that way. Obviously spending the whole trip trying to make her feel better and giving her all of the hugs. All of them. Seeing as the boys weren't moving in straight away she convinced Grace to stay for a girls night. What's better to take your mind off a breakup than makeovers and movies?

She sat at the lunch table with Grace. Only occasionally picking at her salad but mainly focusing on sketching a new routine in her book. She picked up her apple just as her tray was knocked off the table, spilling the contents on the floor some of the juice splashing onto her cheer shoes. So it was that sorta day, huh? She pouted slightly before looking at her surviving apple. It could have been worse. It could have gotten on her cheer uniform itself.

Belle looked up at the boy as he placed his own tray in front of her. She gave him a brief once over, definitely a jock. Part of her expected him to say a douchey comment but she was pleasantly surprised when he apologized. "Not paying attention huh? wow didn't realise I was that unattractive" she said, keeping her expression serious for a moment before giggling. "I'm just messing with you. It's no biggie really" she shrugged it off, smiling softly.

She tapped her pencil on her sketchbook as she thought about his offer. "I'm not sure about testing fate with that chicken salad again" she joked. Thinking over the over a bit more she came to a middle ground. "You can buy me a coffee another time though? Or you could join Grace and-" she looked over at Grace seeing she was preoccupied with Graham and a guy she didn't recognise offering her... Balloon animals? "Isn't a snake just one of those balloons blown up?" she asked, slightly confused but not in a mean way.

"Graham, It would be amazing if you told me what you thought about this? When you have the time of course. I would love you forever" she said, pulling out her best puppy eyes as she slid the notebook over to him. "It would be even more amazing if you helped me trial it later?" she asked, throwing in a playful wink for good measure.

Realising she hadn't finished her sentence she turned back to the tray knocker. "You could join us? I can't promise we are as interesting as the jocks. But apparently, we have balloon animals?" she offered.
Soap Soap , Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Last edited:
Raven
tumblr_inline_pk2f15m8Eg1tkzrhy_250.gif

Raven smiled brightly at Ash actually deciding to do the shots. She furrowed her brows for a moment, watching her carefully as if waiting for her to take it back. It was a few moments before she asked how. “If you’re absolutely sure...”

It seemed like they’d lost track of time, Raven noticed a few people counting down the minutes until midnight. She usually wasn’t one to sit in front of the tv and count down, she’d hardly been away from home on New Years Eve in the first place. Though, she was kind of jealous of the people who did the tradition of kissing at the strike of twelve.

Her smile faded for a moment at the thought of a certain brunette who couldn’t seem to make it. Maybe she would’ve actually got that kiss.

A chuckle escaped her lips and Raven beckoned her closer to the bar table. “Lay here.” Grabbing the salt and lime.

“Open.”

Raven placed the lime between Ash’s lips.

“Close your mouth and hold it... just like that.”

She slowly lifted Ash’s shirt to reveal her stomach and her breath hitched. What? Say what you want about her. It was no secret the brunette had... somewhat of a soft spot for the blonde.

She couldn’t help a smirk from appearing.

“Good girl.”

So, maybe Raven was enjoying this just a bit. Though she kept an eye out to see if Ash had gotten uncomfortable while she continued. There was no way in hell she’d do body shots with her if she wasn’t comfortable on how... intimate it felt to some.

Raven put a bit of salt on her stomach.

“Drink, lick, suck.” Raven said with a raise of her eyebrow, teasing her as she grabbed the shot glass filled with alcohol.

“Watch and learn Barbie. Just lay back and relax.”

Raven looked down at her before drinking the shot rather quickly, leaning down to Ash, she moved her tongue across her stomach, effectively taking all the salt with it.

Her fast pace came to a stop when she looked up from her stomach, meeting her blue eyes with her light ones. Leaning impossibly close to her lips. Raven leaned even closer, her mouth agape for a split second. She attempted to shake that feeling off, it suddenly got extremely hot in here.

“Happy new years!”

Ash must’ve got startled by the screaming, because the lime wedge had fell from her mouth right as Raven was leaning in to grab it with her own.

Their lips touched fiercely, and well, mistakenly. Raven wasn’t expecting it and it was a jolt of energy at the realization of what was happening. She wasn’t sure what Ash thought of it.

But. Woah.

At first it was a mistake, but she didn’t pull away. And Ash didn’t make a move as soon as it happened either. She waited a moment unmoving, it felt like torture and bliss at the same time. When Ash didn’t pull away, Raven reacted almost instantly. The kiss was excruciatingly slow but that made it all the more exciting.

Raven tasted the alcohol on her breath, the juices that’d fallen onto her lips from the lime. And the salt that’d singed her tongue.

She pulled away after a few seconds which felt like hours. She wasn’t sure if it was just the amount of intoxication that heightened her, or if she was just acting on that small midnight wish that’d suddenly come true.

It wasn’t the girl she expected, but damn. What a woman she couldn’t have.

Winona Winona
Grace
After... that night. Grace came to Ash’s room late that night, and, well. There was many tears. She was too hurt to remember anything beyond than what had just happened between her and Sawyer. She just needed to forget it all.

She needed her best friend.

Instead of riding back home with Sawyer, Grace had had taken an uber with Belle. A slight grimace at the thought of the price of one, but she wasn’t going to say no when Belle offered. Or decline the sleepover neither, it was nice to not sleep alone that night. Belle was incredibly sweet, but no amount of ice cream and chick flicks could heal the Sawyer shaped hole inside her heart.

Kate had been actually... kind of okay with the whole breakup. Sure, she didn’t like Sawyer and she might’ve thrown in a ‘good riddance.’ Or two whenever she thought Grace wasn’t listening. But she hugged her and told her it’ll be okay. That helped. What didn’t help is Kate telling her that she’ll find a good man who’ll make her happy. Even if she still didn’t believe the whole... gay thing. She was still there.

It’s the most she can ask for. Grace guesses anyway.

Despite the many attempts of ‘cheerups.’ She gave them all a smile and told them she was okay. Her smile quickly faded as soon as their head was turned. She was more than sure they noticed, but if she was being honest? She didn’t care.

Whatever that aching feeling was in her chest was strong enough to dismiss the others.

She didn’t see a point in trying to make someone else feel better right now.

That wasn’t her, but who even was she without Sawyer?

Grace stared emptily at her lunch tray. This had morning sucked. Yes, like all of the others without Sawyer. But again, this was her own fault. She broke up with her. But it was for the better. Any time that pain came back into her chest, she just told herself it’ll fade. It’ll go away. Because that’s what happens right? It just... disappears after waiting long enough. It’s been days. How much longer?

Because she was getting so much more than impatient.

Grace flinched slightly at the mention of her name. She forgot there was other people at the table in the first place, and she was more than sure one of the cheerleaders had tried to get her attention beforehand, but they seemingly gave up. “Sorry, what?” She eyed the balloons in Milos’s hands before processing what he’d asked her moments before. “Oh.” Great. She looked towards Graham for a second before returning her gaze towards Milos.

Dog or snake. Snake or dog. Decisions, decisions.

There’s such a big part of her that wished she didn’t make a certain one.

“I don’t care.” She muttered to herself, moving a fork and picking at the salad on her plate. She doubted anyone had heard her, with a small huff of breath she turned back to Milos.

“Dog. I guess.” The smallest of smiles were forced on her face for a spilt second before she dropped it.

Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back