• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Tristian
Tristian had spent the last few days partaking in his usual activities. Which consisted of him spending his nights and some days with the lovely men and women of Westbrook. Much to his annoyance, he had to fight Mason for some of the better girls. Not that he could personally see the appeal. Scrawny little white boys that thought they were hot shit just weren't his type. Maybe it was the bad boy appeal? Even if that was so there were much better options like Kanen. If you could get past the whole not fond of people think. It was kinda hot that there was a possibility that he would turn at any minute and choke you to death. What a daddy. It's a shame that he's so set on being straight. Some boys just needed to be open to more experimenting.

He untangled himself from a blonde whose name he didn't care to remember. As much as he hated to admit it he was bored. Girls throwing themselves at him got old fast. What he needed was a challenge. Someone who wouldn't give themselves to him so easily. "I'll be back" he lied, walking out of the room. His appearance looked a bit dishevelled with his shirt unbuttoned and pants wrinkled. In his mind, it just added to his appeal. Who wouldn't want to stare at his muscular torso? He worked for it, therefore, he had a right to show it off. It would be utterly criminal to prevent his peers for admiring a view so sweet.

As Tristian made his way through the crowds of drunk teenagers he paused as a pretty girl mentioned playing a game. Drinking games? Those were always a perfect place to cause chaos. Much to his delight, his favourite redhead was in the group as well. Looks like he had been provided with some great entertainment. As long as her hounds kept their distance he was about to have a great time. "I know of a great game" he spoke up, joining the group. Hey, wasn't that Nova? He smiled brightly at her. "Glad to see you're back. Westbrook just wasn't the same without you" he added. Quickly making himself a drink he turned to the group, raising his glass. "It's simple really. Drink if it's true. You choose a person and say a statement about them. If it's true they have to drink. If it's not you have to drink" as he spoke he looked straight at Carter, challenging her with his eyes. Why so tense love? Looked like someone needed more to drink. "I'll start to get the ball rolling. Nova..." he paused, scanning her with a small smile. "You have a thing for musicians?" he suggested, briefly flicking his eyes to the blonde guy.

Dazzle Dazzle txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox

source.gif

Ian had to look away as Nova took his hand and hopped down off the counter. He could have sworn there was some sort of electrical charge or something like that. Must have just been an electrostatic discharge. Can you get static from just sitting on a counter. Must be be possible because that's surely what just happened, and there's no other explanation for that feeling Ian just had. As he looked away he met eyes with Carter and answered her question for Nova. "She just got here the other day." Was that weird to do? Suddenly the green eyed boy was feeling very self conscious about everything he did, which was an unusual feeling for him.

Ian grinned when a drinking game was suggested and immediately went about pouring two glasses of Evan Williams Peach, offering one to his sister as she had finished her first drink. "Well it was going to be a drinking game for me no matter what, the real question was whether it was a drinking game for everyone else." Ian laughed as a guy walked in quite confidently. He seemed the fun loving type who knew exactly who he was. The kind of confidence that would be intimidating to some, alluring to others, and to some people it was both. To Ian it depended on whether that confidence translated to cockiness. Being confident was fine, but there was a thin line that separated it from arrogance and arrogance was tiresome to Ian.

The new guy suggested a game that sounded like it could be fun so Ian nodded. "I'm down." it could be a good chance to get to know this group of friend plus one. Setting his alcoholic drink down he reached for his water to finish it off. The new guy started the game off with a statement about Nova, one that almost made Ian choke on his water. What was that supposed to mean? Why did this guy specifically look at him? Did he know something? Questions reeled in his mind as he barely stopped himself from visibly being taken aback. His gaze shifted to Nova as he attempted to hide his face with his cup. He was strangely interested in her response to this. Not that it would matter if she was into musicians. Or if she wasn't. This was purely just an interesting fact about her that in no way would affect Ian.

Of course a drinking game was suggested, and of course Ian jumped on the idea faster than he probably should. Sierra rolled her eyes at his joke but a smile did grace her lips. These were the good times she missed. It seemed like it hadn't been like this since- since the incident, which is why she was letting Ian get away with just about anything tonight. Plus it was Christmas Eve, everyone deserved a good time, regardless of if they've had a rough few years.

As Sierra was thinking of what game to play, a rather handsome young man entered and inserted himself into the group, suggesting a game. Her eyes trailed up and down his frame sizing him up, with only a hint of flirtatiousness in her eyes. An eyebrow arched just a little to show she was studying him, but not sure he was worth her time. The game he suggested seemed pleasant enough, at the very least a good icebreaker. Taking the drink offered by her brother she watched as the new guy asked the first question, directed at Nova. She tilted her head curiously at the prompt, eyes flicking between the handsome stranger and the questioned girl. Did this guy see it as well? Were Ian and Nova that obvious? Maybe to outsiders, but definitely not to each other, and possibly not even to themselves. The brunette's answer would be quite telling. Dazzle Dazzle txlos txlos Maree Maree

Carter

Carter rolled her eyes at the suggestion of a drinking game. "I'm going to need to be way more drunk for one of these games." She picked up the bottle of vodka and took a large swig. Feeling the burn go down but ignoring it all the same. She was used to the sensation at this point, every weekend she was fucked up in some sort of way. Carter looked over to Ian as he answered Nova's question for her. "I'm sorry, did I ask you?" She raised her eyebrows point towards him cup still in her hand. "What's going on here anyways?" She started to think about Jace and Nova, they were the most gag worthy around school, always hanging all over each other. Jace seemed pretty distraught over the situation for some time, but Carter wasn't too sure as they weren't ever close.

She didn't get an answer to her question with, Tristan had walked in and started a game. She rolled her eyes 'of course, just my luck'.
"Great. Shouldn't you be entertaining some girl? Or well anyone?" Taking note of Tristan's attire. The two of them were too similar, he already had the hookup hair and outfit down.

Carter slid herself off the counter dragging the bottle with her. Taking a seat at the table next to Tristan, running a hand through her still wet hair. She waited for Nova's answer, she must have picked up on something Nova and Ian seemed to have something going on. Did Nova and Jace break up? Carter guessed that the time apart must of made the love-birds relationship tough. Still she was moving on quickly if she had only just met Ian. Carter nudged Tristan leaning over,
"Could also be the blonde thing." She smirked as she whispered. "blonde musician thing."

txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox Maree Maree

🎄 Neck Tie 🎄

1RsneUA.gif

Neck Tie blushed as Alice patted him on the back. Her reassurance that it was almost Christmas made him feel somewhat better. It was weird spending Christmas away from his family, but at least Casper was there, and Neck Tie was also making new friends whom he could enjoy this special time of year with. ‘Yeah. . . I guess you’re right,’ he said, reciprocating a faint smile before looking back at the flames. 'Christmas is awesome.'

Speaking of making new friends, his locker neighbour had come join them by the warm fireplace. Although Neck Tie couldn’t remember his name—they’d only talked that one time—he didn’t fail to remember the fact that his science project had been left rotting in the older boy’s locker since time immemorial.

His locker neighbour did call him by name, though. That was because Neck Tie was an easy name to remember, and the blond boy had acquired quite a reputation for himself, mostly for all the wrong reasons. One of those reasons might have been needlessly taking up someone else's locker space. . . He hoped the older boy wasn't too upset with him over it.

Neck Tie appreciated the extra company regardless, and so passed the older boy a small wave. They had a warm fire going and Neck Tie was eager to share it with everyone. The only thing lacking was chocolates, which he’d unforgivably neglected to pack into his bag for the trip. The last chocolate bar he had he’d given to Casper. Had he known so many people were going to show up, he would have stuffed his whole snacks cupboard into his bag!

‘Yeah, we did it together. I’m glad you like it. . . I think we did alright!’ he said. Neck Tie made sure to convey that both he and Alice had been responsible for the tree, for it was as much her creation as it was his. Plus, Alice was the one to put up the star, which was the crowning feature of the tree. So it was a real team effort.

‘No, I’ve never snowboarded before,’ he said with some regret. ‘Or skied, for that matter. We were just talking about cats. . . oh, and presents! . . . What would you like for Christmas?’

A Little Cloud A Little Cloud Dazzle Dazzle

"Thats a really deep question to ask someone" He laughed lightly starting to think about what he wanted for Christmas. He hadn't thought about Christmas in three years, and this was the first time he actually was celebrating to some degree. Well he just happened to be around, while everyone else was celebrating the holiday. "Uh.. maybe some chocolate, or socks?" He said raising his eyebrows. "We don't celebrate holidays, we haven't in a long time." He looked into the fire, dammit he was trying to have a good time. He didn't want to think about how his mom wasn't around or how his dad was likely drunk at home trying to break something.

He took a swig of his beer, why did he even bother to drink this it really didn't taste good at all. But he liked the feeling after he had a couple so he didn't plan to stop anytime soon. He shook his thoughts from his head, which wasn't very hard to do.
"What did you guys ask for?"

Dede Dede A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Hazel eyes widened as Tristan's clever question spilled from his lips. She had never had a problem with Tristan before, they weren't necessarily friends, but they didn't have any sort of immediate qualms or drama surrounding them. Maybe that's why it was so shocking, the question that he asked being so direct. Nova watched as the boy's eyes even grazed over Ian before settling back on her, the look suggestive and almost questioning. She wasn't an ignorant girl, she knew very well that word of her and Jace’s breakup probably hadn’t hit the ears of the others in the cabin, and more importantly, they didn’t know why. A thin layer of sweat began to build in the brunette’s palms, her lips pressing into a thin line as these thoughts swirled in her mind. Her and Ian were just friends though, why was any of this even in a problem? Nova’s gaze fell onto the blonde next to her for just a minute before scattering back to the cup in her hands, eyebrows furrowing only slightly.

It only took a moment for Carter to make her own remark though, the redhead’s smirk almost teasing Nova to say something. This was ridiculous, she hardly knew Ian, she knew him on a surface level with hints of deeper information, but my god they had only met maybe a day or two ago! And who were these two to meddle in such a blatant way? Tristan and Carter weren’t her friends, they were just two punk kids looking to cause some drama where none was needed. They were bored, they were nosy, and Nova just happened to be their target. Hands tensed on the red solo cup, a deep breath soaring in and out of Nova’s lungs as she looked Tristan in the eyes, head tilted just a bit. Carter was being ridiculous, so was Tristan, and the suckiest thing was… they weren’t wrong.

Nova perked herself up, trying to muster any self confidence she could before shrugging her shoulders just a bit. There wasn’t a problem with having a type, not even if her type was pretty… consistent. Without a word the brunette lifted the cup of liquid fire to her lips, leaning her elbows against the table. The alcohol felt like lava slipping down her throat, but not because of the contents of the cup, but because of the confession they held. Jace and Ian were so similar, and yet, completely different. Ian was more social, likable, ambitious, from what she could tell and Jace… well, she wasn’t any of those things. She could feel it now, feel old Nova, Seattle Nova, beginning to creep to the surface, and for once, the brunette didn’t feel the need to try and suppress any of it. “What can I say?” Hazel eyes squinted at Tristan, as if challenging him. He’d have to do better than that to fully embarrass her. She was a free woman, single and able to do whatever the hell she pleased and fuck anyone who was going to make her feel bad about it. Jace had moved on, which was perfectly okay, so why couldn’t she? More importantly, it was no one’s business what the status of her and beanie’s boys relationship was. “I guess I connect with people best over music, so yeah, that warrants a type.”

She hadn’t a clue if she was playing this off as well as she thought she was, and while Nova did her best to hide the embarrassment the flush of crimson on her cheeks gave it away. Attention had been on her for too long already, and continuing the devilish game seemed like the only way to get the spotlight off.

“Carter!” Nova quipped, plastering on a bright grin. She pondered for only a moment, tapping her index finger on her cup. “You seem like you can hold your liquor but not your shots.”

Interacting with: Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree PenguinFox PenguinFox
Mentions: Winona Winona

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Eh...
Interacting with ~ Neck Tie, Mads
Mentions ~ Dede Dede Dazzle Dazzle

She tilted her head at Mads when he answered the question, a small frown coming over her face. Alice sighed and stared into the fire. "Well, you're not the only one..." She should've been glad that she wasn't the only one who didn't celebrate Christmas that often, but it just made her sadder. Turning back around, she chuckled when he mentioned that he wanted chocolate and socks. This cabin had chocolate, and he probably has socks. He already has his gifts! But she stayed quiet until Mads asked his question.

Alice bit the inside of her cheek and turned to Neck Tie. It looked like he didn't want to answer soon. Well, I'll just add one more thing onto my list. "Well, I want everyone to get what they want. But, just for me, I do want a dog. And get the chance to go back to Washington..." She said the last part softly, aware that most people didn't know that Alice wasn't from Westbrook. She exhaled and put on a smile.

Tristian
Tristian's eyes met the pretty strangers as she sized him up. Who could blame her? He did look amazing with his unbuttoned silk shirt. Sadly she didn't seem very interesting. At least not interesting enough to pull his attention from Carter for long. Now she was a woman that was worth his time. Someone that pushed his buttons and didn't make things easy for him. The challenge just made her all the more alluring. It also helped that they were quite similar to each other. He could usually tell how far he could push her. Realising that he hadn't answered her question he let his eyes slowly scan over her body. "Why do you think I'm here?" he said, smirking. As she sat down beside him he let his arm drape over the back of her chair.

"Didn't think of that one. Nice" he whispered back. It was obvious that Nova had heard their not so quiet remarks though. The way that she had reacted to his statement was mildly surprising. The way her eyes had widened and her smile disappeared. Honestly, It was just a game there was no need to be so sensitive about it. Sure he did silently hint at Nova liking Ian but it wasn't that big of a deal. They weren't accusing her of anything and yet she looked like she was in a police line up. It was kind of funny to watch if he was honest. He wouldn't let his expression betray his amusement though. His face stayed neutral with an encouraging smile on his lips. She sure looked like she was fighting an internal battle. "You can relax you know. It's not like we trying to get you to confess your darkest secret." he chuckled softly, taking a sip of his drink.

Tristian raised his brow as she finally took a drink. Honestly, could that have taken any longer? Is she going to do this for every single question? That could get old quite fast. "You overthink things too much Nova. Musicians are hot, nothing wrong with liking them" he said, shrugging slightly. Ian was quite attractive and honestly, anything was a step up from Jace. That relationship was kind of pathetic. I mean if a guys only friend is a 12-year-old that wears ties... That should be a big red flag.

He raised his brow when she said Carter's name. Hmm, well this could be quite interesting. If she pushed the wrong button the redhead would most certainly chew her out. Now that would be interesting to watch. Then Nova opened her mouth and said the lamest thing he could think of. He had to hold back a groan at the wasted opportunity. This girl certainly did not have the guts to play this game. He looked over at Carter, scanning her expression to see if she looked as disappointed as he felt. "You're too sweet for the game Nova" he mused.

txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox Dazzle Dazzle

At first, her eyebrows were drawn together in confusion at JJ's standoffish response, but then her eyes widened as she realized what she was talking about. A deep blush flooded her cheeks at JJ's comment about Zach, and Ava just scoffed dismissively in response. "Oh please." She said with a roll of her eyes. "I hate Zach."

"And look, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Bryan is a great guy." Oh she thought she might vomit talking about this but Ava managed to keep her cool as she continued speaking. For the most part, Ava had even forgotten that conversation between Bryan and Lexi that she had overheard so long ago. Before things with Jules had gotten better, and Ava had stopped being an annoyed bystander to everything.

"But you are kinda flirty with Zach, but maybe that's just your friendship with him or something. Not my place to judge." Although she still would -- everyone judged everyone. There was no getting around it. "Now will you forgive me so we can try and enjoy this stupid party?" Well, JJ could enjoy the party probably better without Ava, but Ava would be miserable without her.

Soap Soap

source.gif

Ian shrugged as Carter snapped at him. "You wanted an answer, you got one. As far as what's going on here, we're playing a game. How much have you had to drink already?" he cracked a grin as he spoke. Deep down he knew what Carter had probably meant when she asked what was going on, but he didn't let it on. With his goofy grin most people assumed he was dumb anyways, might as well act the part.

Ian took note of this new guy, whom never introduced himself, sitting next to Carter. He also took note of the immediate gossip and glances his direction. Why did teenagers always have to act like teenagers. There was no reason for gossip, or being a dick. Lashing out he understood, that could be addressed, but being mean for no reason was something the green eyed boy couldn't wrap his head around. What was the point of gossip and unprovoked snide remarks?

Green eyes shifted back over to Nova to await her answer. She was clearly uncomfortable, and something about that didn't sit right with Ian. He shifted uncomfortably but kept a straight face. Seconds ticked by in silence and that made Ian even more uneasy. His ears felt warm and his stomach turned. He didn't like the quiet, but awkward silences were worse. They left him alone in his own mind, and that- that was something truly terrifying to him. Finally after what felt like forever, Nova did something. At that point what she did didn't matter to him anymore, as long as she did something to end the screaming quiet. Ian's shoulders and jaw relaxed as she took a sip from her cup. She began to speak, but Ian didn't process her words. He could hear clearly, but it was like all words around him were a different language. The younger Evans sibling could feel himself being sucked into his own thoughts and knew where it would end if he fell down that rabbit hole. His eyes stared vacantly at the ground as he tried to regain control of his focus.

Sierra's brown eyes flitted between this uneasy girl before her and the two at the table. There was a fine line between playful teasing and bullying and those two were walking it. She focused more on the pair so as to not add on to the pressure the poor brunette girl was probably feeling. He expression was blank, but her eyes held a touch of coldness. No one was out of line yet, but if needed she would shut this whole thing down real quick. It was a Christmas party for god's sake, it was supposed to be fun and cheery for everyone. The young woman knew how to party, but she also knew how to stop one. While it sucked being the one to do that, she would if she had to. Her party philosophy was 'everyone has a good time or no one does.' It's a tough job being an idealist but someone has to do it right?

When Nova finally spoke up Sierra's focus shifted back to her. A small smile grew on her lips. A really classy and well thought out response came from the younger girl. The Evans sister was almost proud of her. Perhaps she wouldn't need to be the protective big sister for everyone like she thought. She'd still keep an eye out, but she could at least try to relax and have fun. So long as having fun was everyone else's intention.

Speaking of being a big sister, how had Ian responded to all this. Brown eye's moved to meet green but was unsuccessful. He seemed out of it, unnaturally so. Worry flashed in Sierra's eyes for but a moment before she put on a small smile and looked away. She knew Ian was getting caught in his thoughts, that kind of thing happened before and the sister had learned to recognize the signs when they used to confide in each other more. She desperately wanted to help, but drawing attention to him at a public place surely could only make things worse; so against her better judgement, Sierra pretended nothing was going on and hoped her brother would be able to sort it out himself. Her smile wavered just a little as she looked from to Nova to Carter, waiting silently to see how things would unfold. txlos txlos Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle

Ian thought he was so funny, there was a reason she never trusted him. Too fake for her liking. And over reactive to the smallest things. Carter rolled her eyes a small smirk crossed her lips. His sister still sat quietly, the lamest of her surrounding people. Who knew Tristan would be the best company of the night. As much as she always tried to avoid him, he was easy for her to be around. She always felt comfortable with him, but they were like gasoline and fire. They only caused more destruction.

Carter was very aware of Tristan's eyes on her, and when he rested his arm on the chair behind her. She knew she shouldn't be around him, it was likely the entire cabin would burn down come the end of the week. But yet she found it hard to pull herself away from him. She knew why he was here, she returned his gaze and bit her bottom lip.
"You wish boy." Carter patted him on the chest and turned away from him readjusting herself in her seat. Maybe they couldn't be anything but it was still fun to mess around.

"That sounds like a challenge Nova dear." She smirked raising her drink to her lips. "But the question is, are you up for it?" She knew she could handle herself, but she wasn't so sure about Nova. "I'll even let you pick the poison." She winked, taking a large swig of her vodka tonic. She knew she wasn't playing the game right any more, but no one was going to undermine her drinking skills.

"Speaking of musicians, where's Jace? He missing out on some fun." It was a fair enough question, Carter hadn't seen Jace up here, it was their families house after all, and where was Ash... Carter used to see Jace and Nova all over school holding hands and being gag worthy. Hiding out in the music room all the time. That used to be Carter and Tristan's hook up spot till it was reoccupied. They probably didn't have as much fun as Tristan and Carter used to.. Thinking about old times Carter's hand mindlessly dropped from the table and to Tristan's thigh. Taking a slow sip from her cup.

Maree Maree PenguinFox PenguinFox txlos txlos

Leon O'Conner

Leon twisted his head towards the door as someone came barging in. Was this the boyfriend she was talking about? I flush of anger filled through his body, but he kept himself in check. He felt outnumbered and put his guard up a bit, he wanted this to be private and stay between them too, but I guess that choice left the door when he lost it in the living room. Stopping his pace he rubbed the bottom of his lip and watched as the truth split out and boy did it hurt. It hurt, but at the same time it felt good since it was what he wanted. The answers to his question and it might be a little selfish, but he was relieved it wasn't really because of him. Then it snapped, he felt shitty. He was never really there for her after that, everything was normal for him after a while, but he didn't know them like she did and he didn't consider that before.

"Be-lle I-I, I'm so sorry. I wasn't there for you in the way I should've been. I realize that now, even if its too late I want you to know I just want the best for you. God Belle I feel so shitty for just-", He sighed and plopped back on the bed next to where she was now standing. He planted his face in his hands and rubbed his eyes and then laid back onto the bed to stare up at the ceiling. "I-I'm really happy that you're okay. I get if it hurts to look at my face. I get it now. I still lo...care about you, but I can keep my distance." He mumbled a little, barely making sense, but he was upset. Really upset. The only reason he was looking up at the ceiling was to keep the tears from being able to fall out. They were forced to stay inside his eyes this way and he didn't want to cry, especially not in front of Belle and that guy in the room. Which he still wondered if that was "the guy".

"Also, is that...boyfriend?"

Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle

giphy.gif

This was no longer fun, that much Nova was sure of. Nova wasn't someone who was mean, she wasn't someone who would openly pick on another human being just for the fun of it. Her cheeks grew hot as Tristan's words poked and prodded at her, saying she was overreacting and calling her sweet like it was a bad thing, like it was something she should be ashamed of. What was wrong with being sweet? Why did teenagers have to suck so much? Nova wasn't known here for being apart of that mindset and she liked it that way, because maybe yeah, that was who she had become back when she lived in Seattle. It wasn't fun to be that person, and it wasn't something she was about to take up again.

Hazel eyed flicked from Sierra to Ian only momentarily, the blonde boy looking dazed and semi uncomfortable. Though her attention was quickly stolen by the redhead's question.

"Where's Jace?"

Nova rolled her eyes, taking a small sip of her drink and shrugging her shoulders. It wasn't like it was something she could keep under wraps forever, and more importantly, it wasn't something that she wanted to. Beanie boy was moving on, she wanted to do her best to do the same, and prying eyes with lurking ears were everywhere. Above all, the brunette just didn't want it on her shoulders anymore.

"I don't know where he is," A sigh accompanied the words, her fingers giving slight pressure into her plastic cup. "Not my job to watch him anymore. He's probably in his room," The statement wasn't mean, nor was it said with any hint of malice. No, instead, it was as neutral and bland as she could have possibly mustered. It wasn't that the words didn't sting, of course she still felt the tiny pokes of pins and needles in her hands as she admitted to no longer being with the guy, but it wasn't his fault. Nova would never blame Jace for who he was or his preferences, but admitting it to people she barely knew was just... a lot.

With a small flash of an incredibly fake grin, the petite girl put her cup down on the counter, tapping her index fingers twice on the granite top before letting her hands fall to her sides. Her eyes flicked from Sierra to Tristan and Carter before settling on Ian, though her gaze didn't last for long. If she was going to bow out of this stupid game, she wasn't going to go out defeated. Hazel eyes met Carter's blues with slight unease before she spoke to the girl. "As for drinking, I think I'll pass. Thanks though." And with head slightly ducked, gaze searching for the exit, Nova excused herself from the kitchen, making her way through drunken teenagers. The hazel eyed girl was quick to snatch a half-empty bottle of rum from one of the many drink tables before making her way to the back porch's slider door, tucking it under her arm.

The gust of cool air that hit initially felt like heaven on her hot cheeks, a genuinely content smile pulling at the corners of her lips, though it didn't satisfy her for long. Plopping down onto one of the enormous outdoor sofas, Nova pulled her knees in tight and looked at the snow that was falling, powdering the world with white. It was Christmas Eve, and for the life of her, she couldn't find a reason to be happy about it. People were jerks, the whole lot of them in that damned cabin and- well no. The Evans' hadn't done anything wrong, and she knew that. In fact, Ian and Sierra had been incredibly inviting and warm, and while Nova was grateful, she wished she didn't have to deal with the entirety of the Total Drama Island cast that was making home in this cabin.

"Merry fuckin' Christmas," The girl muttered to herself, snatching a blanket off of the back of the sofa and pulling it over her curled figure, twisting the cap from her stolen rum and taking a swig of it. The liquid was coconut-y, the paradise flavor contrasting against this frigid wonderland, but hey, it was a drink. And more importantly, it was a drink that didn't involve a gossiper's game.

Interacting with: Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle PenguinFox PenguinFox
Mentions: Winona Winona

🎄 Neck Tie 🎄

krPUxeM.gif

This guy didn’t celebrate holidays? Well that kind of sucks. Christmas was the best time of year and Neck Tie couldn’t imagine not being excited for it. He kind of felt bad because he was always shoving chocolates in people’s faces as Westbrook Wolf, but the one time someone actually said they wanted chocolates, he didn’t have any to share. As for socks? Why would anyone want socks for Christmas? That was like the most boring thing you could possibly wish for.

‘I want a new phone,’ he said. ‘But now I kind of want a puppy too.’

He could never get a puppy, though. He saw a sign in the lift at his apartment that said no pets were allowed. What if he sneaked one in? Maybe if the puppy was quiet enough, nobody would ever notice. His dad would never allow it anyway. He wasn't really a dog person.

When Alice said she wanted to go back to Washington, he gave her a sympathetic sigh. ‘I miss home, too,’ he said, locking his fingers over his knees as he sat watching the fire. Suddenly Neck Tie turned a little pale. ‘I. . . I forgot to get presents for my little brothers.' He couldn't believe what a crummy big brother he was. He didn't want Josh and Nick to hate or forget him, after all, he'd been meaning to save up to get them their favourite Legos. But he never even got round to doing that, having emptied his piggy bank for himself on his stupid trip to Boston, which made him the worst brother in the world.

Aaron & Casper

Aaron smiled a bit as Drake sat next to him, eyes quickly going to the bottle.

Casper’s did as well, even as he mumbled, “It’s nice to meet you, too.” He watched Drake fill the shots as he nibbled at his lip, apprehension growing.

As the shot was moved in front of him, curling up a bit, he searched for the words to say no, he was good. Eventually, a bit embarrassed, he said, “I’m okay…”

Aaron smiled, reaching out and giving Casper a friendly shove, something off-putting enough Casper couldn’t help but look at him, struck with hope.

“Don’t be a pussy, Casper- It’ll be fun.” With a smirk, he took the shot, leaving Casper staring wide-eyed.

He looked down at the shot in front of him, still worried, but, realizing his parents would never know, Casper smiled a bit, quickly downing the shot. His face shrunk up as he set it back down, curling in as his face remained scrunched up, giving a full body shake.

Aaron couldn’t help a snort, reaching out and shoving him again. “Good job.”

Casper looked up at him with a half a giggle, then looked back down, swept up in the camaraderie of the moment.

Tristian
Tristian was on the edge of his seat, looking between the girls. Sure Nova probably wouldn't do anything but Carter? Oh boy. You never knew when she was going to turn around and bite someone's head off. She was like a firecracker and the tiniest spark could set her off. God, it was attractive. It really was a shame that they never worked out. That's just what happened when you were with someone who brought out the worst in you. Their relationship was toxic but damn he couldn't get enough of her. If Carter was what ended him then he wouldn't object.

He lifted his cup to his lips, taking a long drink. Which he then proceeded to choke on. "Carter! Didn't your mother ever teach you not to bring up an ex in front of a new man?" he playfully scolded. Although it was rather obvious that he didn't really care if she had upset the girl. Eh, Nova needed to suck it up and get over the loser. Life sucks, get used to it. In all honesty, he had expected the girl to cry or something. He was mildly surprised that she managed to maintain her composure. Even added her own little sassy response before walking out. Lame. Was she leaving so that she could cry? Now that's something that wouldn't be surprising at all. You've got to have some issues in order to date someone like Jace west that's for sure.

"Well? Aren't you going to go all knight and shining armour and chase after her?" Tristian asked, raising his brow to Ian. He hadn't failed to notice Carter's hand on his knee, radiating warmth throughout his leg. Taking it as a sign that she was comfortable he moved his arm around her shoulders. "Far too predictable for my liking. You didn't choose a good group this time around" he turned his attention back to Carter. The other two were likely to start going off at them for being mean at any moment. It wasn't their fault that some people just couldn't handle them. Not that he would want anyone that weak around him anyways. Seeing someone cry was only fun the first time around. Anytime after that was just boring and predictable. Especially if they were ugly criers. That was just gross.

"She's not a drinker. If you don't go soon she'll probably pass out in the snow and we'll have to dig out her body" He said, looking over his shoulder in the direction where Nova went. At least the cold would preserve the body while they partied. Oof that was dark. "Hey, didn't you want to be an archaeologist at one point? could be good practice" he added looking back at Carter with an amused smile. Oh, the other two were so going to call him out now. He was so looking forward to it.​
txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox Dazzle Dazzle

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkaieiv77e1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace was ushered off before she could get any more answers about the random boy who showed up, tell her what you want. They seemed like they were more than friends and she wouldn’t be surprised if another old flame had decided had to pop in out of no where. It probably sounds terrible... but she was just glad this time it didn’t interfere with her own relationship.

For now, instead of focusing on Belle’s problems her mind traveled back to her own. And whether she liked it or not, she needed Ash’s advice. Because... well, because. She doesn’t need a reason to ask her! She’s her best friend... yeah, their obviously still best friends. Rounding a corner and bumping into someone, she steadied her hands on their shoulders and pulled away quickly, though it seems the girl was a little more startled than Grace was.

She held an amused smile and shook her head. “Hey, no, it’s totally okay. I wasn’t paying attention, not your fault.” Glancing around at the party goers looking for a certain blonde before back at Rae. Nodding a bit to clarify. She remembered her, even though they didn’t talk much. “Yeah, how uh... how’s it going?” She winced and averted her gaze. Despite being her, she was usually better at conversations.

Blame it on the alcohol?

Dazzle Dazzle

Juliette
tumblr_inline_nluhlnTu5V1rifr4k.gif

She narrowed her eyes at her quick dissmisal of Zach, and for a split second Jules thought that Ava actually liked him; but that was impossible. Seeing as how Ava hated everyone, well, hopefully everyone but her. Which, yes, Juliette was grateful about, raising an eyebrow at her words, yes. Bryan is a lucky guy, and she’s lucky to have him too. The thought alone brought a smile to the brunette’s face, redirecting her attention back to Ava, and focusing on her apology she would’ve usually turned down if it was anyone else. Her arms were crossed, eying her hesitantly.

Despite how many people wanted JJ’s attention at this party, she really wouldn’t enjoy it without Ava. “Exactly, not your place. I’ll forgive you... on one condition.” A small smirk came to her face.
Did you expect JJ to not get back at Ava? Psh. Please. Do you even know her?

She grabbed an beer bottle from a boy passing by, spilling it into a nearby plant.

“Okay! Boys, girls, whatever you are. I don’t really care. We’re doing spin the bottle.” JJ placed it on the counter and eyed Ava.

“Play, and then I’ll forgive you.” What? It was probably a terrible thing to do. But it’s JJ. Don’t be surprised. Besides, Juliette doesn’t even think she’d ever seen Ava kissing anyone before. The redhead needed a bit of fun, who didn’t like kissing?

Winona Winona
Raven
tumblr_inline_pk5jrh0l4W1tkzrhy_250.gif

Raven narrowed her eyes at Mason. Partying and having ‘fun’ believe it or not, was the last thing on the brunette’s mind. When his gaze fell onto her lips, her own turned into a glare. A small warning to whatever the Rivera was suggesting, Raven never had a problem with flirting, but whenever Mason seemed serious... just, no. Raven couldn’t deal with whatever all that was.

Although her gaze softened at his words, snorting at his attempts at flirting. Mason thought he was such a ‘ladies man.’ But he had the flirting skills of a fourth grader... usually. “A blessing? Mm. I’m not a religious girl Rivera.” She shook her head.

She followed his gaze to the other group of girls, and watched him hesitate. And for a moment she was sure he was going to go attempt to flirt with them, but surprisingly, and— well, surprising that she doubted herself for a split second. He chose her. “Of course they aren’t.” Raven replied with a genuine smile, and glanced at his hand, mulling it over for a second, with a sigh she took his hand.

“Sure, yeah, whatever.”

Winona Winona

Sierra looked back and forth between the two other girls as they went back and forth. It seemed like this game was descending into a drinking contest, which could be entertaining to watch, but then a name was dropped and things seemed to take a turn. Nova declined the challenge and made a swift exit. Sierra was a little concerned, but she was ready to continue the game if the others were. That is until mouths opened again. "Well, I was going to ask if we were going to keep playing, but apparently this wasn't a game to begin with. It was a chance to build your own egos up by picking on someone." Her cold gaze fixed on Carter and the boy who never introduced himself.

Sierra felt the rage bubbling up inside her. Why did teenagers always have to ruin things? Why couldn't they just let things lie and have a good time? Most of all, why was it that she always had to be the responsible one in these situations? "First of all, what business is it of yours who other people date?" her tone was as cold as her glare. "Second, what you call being a 'knight in shining armor' is what's actually known as being a decent human being, something I'm sure you've never partaken in." Her voice began to raise a little as she started to head towards where Nova exited. Her anger had been directed to the both, but her gaze focused on the boy for moment "Maybe we were a little too predictable because you're being a dick too often. Don't worry, we all know you're compensating for something by being an ass." she held up her pinky in reference to the guy compensating for something. "So you don't have to keep reminding everyone."

The Evans sister began to storm off but stopped suddenly. She didn't need to say more, but she really wanted to. She turned around, a fake smile on her lips. "I hope all you get for Christmas is herpes." Satisfied, she wheeled around and stomped off. Not only had they ruined the party for Nova, who seemed like an incredibly sweet girl, they had also ruined Sierra's. Was it so much to ask for a night off of babysitting? It was Christmas Eve. Well at least she didn't have to deal with these teenagers for too long. She just hoped her blow up wouldn't effect Ian, though if it did she had a plan for that already in the works.

Sierra stopped in front of the sliding glass doors for a moment to collect herself. She hated having to be that aggressive to people, but hey they started it with their snide remarks. She opened the doors, stepped out and gently closed them behind her. The cold air helped to cool her off her anger as she spoke gently to the figure on the couch. "Hey hun, mind if I join you?" Without waiting for an answer she moved to stand in front of Nova. "Are you-" she cut herself off, rethinking her word choice. She crouched down so she could look up at the brunette and hopefully not make her feel cornered. "How are you doing? Do you want to talk?" her voice was soft, almost a coo. "Or, if you want I can talk, and you can listen?" Brown eyes met hazel as Sierra smiled warmly, despite the cold.

source.gif

Ian was still lost in his head, barely aware of his surroundings until Nova left. His gaze raised from the floor as he began to snap out of it and register what was going on. Carter brought up Jace, Ash's brother. Ian had met the guy a couple times, he seemed okay enough, perhaps a little shy. But what did he have to do with anything? Why would Nova know where he is? Then the other male player of this game said something that put pieces together for the green eyed teenager. 'Don't bring up an ex in front of a new man'. Jace- Jace West was Nova's ex? The brother of one of Ian's best friends was the one who crushed sweet Nova's heart? This made everything so much more complicated.

Ian stared into space blankly as words were thrown around him; his brain trying to process this new information and how to feel about it. He didn't even hear any more of what was said, neither the pair at the table nor his sister. When Sierra left, the younger Evans sibling remained. He had questions. "You said-" he started, unsure if he misheard, or only wish he did. "You said, Jace is Nova's ex? Like Jace West? Family owns this cabin, brother of Ash, Jace West?" he looked between both Carter and the guy who's name he still did not know. He wanted to be absolutely sure about this before he processed this, he would also have to ask Nova herself, and probably a few other people. After all Carter hadn't exactly been receptive to Ian trying to be friends with her, and the other he hadn't even met before tonight, he couldn't just take their word for it. But their word was a start, and if they were telling the truth? Well, he kinda hoped they weren't. txlos txlos Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle

"People have no business knowing anything that doesn't involve them," Nova muttered the minute that the older Evans' sibling had taken her place beside the petite brunette, lifting her friend of rum to tingling lips before taking a swig. The words spoken were sudden, slipping from Nova's mouth before she could think out her words. It wasn't wrong, she fully believed in her statement, but it wasn't meant to slip so carelessly. Though the hazel eyed girl knew that Sierra wasn't going to judge her, she didn't seem like the type, so she allowed her thoughts to spill further. "I mean honestly, they don't. My breakup is my breakup. It's mine. And if I choose to share it with someone, than that's my choice. But why in the fuck it is anyone else's business what relationships I choose to enter and exit?" Words were slightly slurred, but not enough to label the brunette as drunk. For now, she was merely taking the opportunity to vent.

Pushing herself up from her slumped position, Nova set the bottle of rum on the couch next to her, double checking the lid before releasing it from her grip. "I didn't exactly want to broadcast my breakup with Jace, it's not something that was exactly easy. I come home and-" Hesitantly, Nova cut herself off, looking around the area that was currently occupied by both Sierra and her. She wanted to make sure there were no prying ears around, no one that could accidentally intake information that wasn't meant for anyone else. With a breath of relief, Nova continued with a more hushed tone. "I come home to find that my boyfriend is now into guys, which is fine, but that obviously means we breakup. So thats over and done with." The brunette placed her elbows on atop her knees, palms holding her cheeks.

This was a mess, all one giant mess that Tristan and Carter just had to get their slimy little hands into. With a defeated huff of air, hazel eyes moved to land on Sierra's figure, a half-exhausted smile lifting her lips. She seemed like a genuine human, someone who cared about the well being of others and those kind of people were so rare here in Westbrook. They had barely known each other for a few hours, but Nova saw a lot of her own traits in the girl. They both seemed like people who just wanted others to be, well, decent. "Y'know," Nova spoke up, moving over and patting the couch beside her, inviting Sierra to give her legs a rest. "Your brother... he's a really good guy. And I really appreciate all he's kinda done for me these past few days. He's been a real gentleman, I promise," A blush glazed over Nova's cheeks, the warm surface of her skin being kissed by the snowy cold Christmas Eve night. What a night it had been too. Stupid drinking games, dumb people, and out of everything that had been happening, Nova only wanted one thing. Ian and his guitar, singing some random song as the snow fell... now that sounded nice.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Last edited:
🎄A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Eh...
Interacting with ~ Neck Tie
Mentions ~ Dede Dede

Alice turned to face Neck Tie, and put on a small frown when he mentioned that he forgot to get gifts for his brothers. She honestly couldn't relate, after all, she was an only child. But she once had friends that were like her siblings, and she felt terrible when she forgot to get them something on their special day. Alice sighed, and put one hand on Neck Tie's back. "If it helps, I have several gifts that might interest young boys." She shrugged. "I was going to donate them, but it seems like you'd benefit from them." She smiled slightly, and removed her hand from his back.
"So, what do you think? I can ship them to their location. There's a post office not too far away from here." She really hoped that she was helping. Alice didn't want anyone to be sad during Christmas. She put one hand on her left arm, rubbing it. Getting hot... She inched away from the fire, bumping itno the tree. Alice held her breath, but luckily, nothing fell down.

tumblr_inline_mwn06kw4bP1rsud01.gif

Sierra listened to Nova's words, a comforting smile on her lips. She sighed and nodded in understanding. "People are always getting themselves involved when they aren't wanted. I'd like to say that that stops after high school, but that sadly isn't true. Don't get me wrong, it gets better, but it's still the same drama. It's like that Bowling for Soup song; High School Never Ends." she gave a small chuckle. "It really doesn't. Now, while I can't really offer any advice on that breakup situation, I mean let's be honest, that's pretty unique." she offered the younger girl a joking smile to try and lighten the mood. "But I can say this. You wouldn't need my advice even if I had any. The way you handled things back there-" Sierra gave a nod to the sliding doors from which they exited. "-That was pretty dope. Not easy to keep calm like that, so you know, good on you." The elder Evans sibling shivered a little as she smiled up at Nova. The purple hoodie she was wearing wasn't really meant to be worn in this weather for extended periods.

Sierra happily accepted the other girl's invitation to sit next to her on the couch. Shoving her hands into her hoodie's pockets she curled her legs underneath her and faced the brunette next to her. She calmly examined her face before responding. "He likes to help where he can. It can be both a blessing and a curse. But I should be the one thanking you. He can be quite the handful, yet you've seemed to keep him alive at this crazy cabin party despite that. Give yourself some credit, you've got a good heart in your chest."

Brown eyes drifted down as Sierra debated on whether to ask what she was about to ask. "I'm kinda curious though, and don't feel the need to answer, I totally understand if you don't want to tell me. I mean after all we just met today, you've no reason to trust me. I do promise I won't tell a soul what was said out here though. Really I'm more looking for you to be honest with yourself, rather than me. At the end of the day the only person you have to answer to is you." She met Nova's hazel gaze, her own brown eyes curious but not demanding. She couldn't help but somewhat see herself in this younger girl. Just needed the right boost of confidence and she could do anything she wanted. "Is there maybe any bit of truth to what they were saying back there? Are you and Ian just friends? Is it possible that maybe they were seeing something you can't quite see yet? No one can tell you what to feel or what you're thinking, but they can make observations." she shrugged casually before looking off into the distance. "Again, you don't have to answer that now, it's just something to think about."

Sierra pulled a hand from her pocket and reached for the bottle between them. She unscrewed the cap and took a swig before resealing it and setting it back down. "I think it's pretty badass that you're still standing after all the shit you've been through, especially over the last couple of days." she said purposely changing the subject. She gave the hazel eyed girl a warm smile. "You can take that as a fact if it's coming from me." she added with a chuckle. txlos txlos

Sierra truly was a genuinely kind individual, this much Nova had gathered over the past few minutes. She seemed level headed, and honestly worried for those she held close. Not only that, but the way she spoke of the petite brunette holding her own helped hazel eyes calm a bit, a sigh filling and fleeing from her chest. Standing up to people was one thing that Nova had never had a particular talent for. There wasn't a confrontational bone in her body, and yet when it came to the questioning of her character her blood boiled in their vein casings. Not enough to blow up of course, but enough for Nova to politely excuse herself and flee from the situation without seeming like a total coward. So with a nod, the brunette thanked Sierra for recognizing her minor feat before tucking her legs in, setting her chin on her chest.

It wasn't until the Evans' sister's question that Nova's hazel gaze ventured out into the wooded scenery before them, the blanket of snow bringing light to an otherwise dark night. Was there truth to anything that Tristan and Carter were saying? Was it possible that she had gotten so entirely worked up due to a truth that she hadn't yet accepted? Was it possible that she felt more for Ian, someone she hardly knew, than she was allowing herself to feel? The rush of questions threatened to come in like a flood but the brunette refused to give herself that much anxiety. Not with someone else sitting right here, more so not with Ian's sister sitting right here. Because what good would panicking due? And though Nova was able to keep her demeanor calm and collected, it didn't mean that her flickering eyes weren't searching for an answer out in plain sight.

She had known Ian for approximately forty-eight hours, at most. He had been incredibly kind in listening to her breakup sob story, offering much needed advice (and alcohol). Moving down the timeline, he had been quick to open up to Nova, which didn't seem surprising to the younger girl since plenty of people seemed to view her as a journal, but something about Ian's venting felt more... needed? It didn't seem like the blonde was one to express his problems or feelings very often, and yet he had done just that with an almost stranger. Flash forward and not ten minutes ago they were sitting in the kitchen of Nova's ex-boyfriend's cabin, singing together, singing for one another, as if they had known each other for years. A smile flashed on rose lips at the thought of Ian's voice, how wonderfully smooth and collected it had been, and said grin only grew at the thought of Ian in general. God, he was just... kind. The blonde seemed like someone who just wanted the world to smile. He was slightly cocky, as his little display with Kanen had shown, and something about that was attractive and daring. Ian wasn't shy, he seemed sure of himself and his actions, even if they were dumb. Like giving a sad girl a bottle of vodka, or tempting a potential gang member to get some song writing inspiration.

After what seemed like hours in a thoughtful silence, a chuckle from Nova's lips filled the chilled air. "Y'know," Words were barely whisper as the brunette let her cheek fall on her folded arms, gaze still outward. "Your brother is... a lot. He's thoughtful and talented beyond belief, he's nice and understanding and easy to talk to and-" A small groan cut off the brunette as she buried her face in her hands, filing fingers through thick hair before meeting eyes with the boy's sister. "That's crazy though, right? I just get out of a relationship and start liking a guy after barely knowing him? Doesn't that make me like a hoe or something? And it's not that I didn't care about Jace I did, but Ian just seems like someone who would actually stick up for what he believes in and protect the people he trusts and GOD I sound like an idiot don't I?" Red blush made home on the girl's cheeks as she pressed her lips into a line. Not only was she venting an almost stranger for the second time in two days, but she was talking about a guy to that very guy's sister. The thought of going insane swept through Nova's mind for only a minute before it was replaced by the image of Ian, an image that seemed to have an ever evolving meaning.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

🎄 Neck Tie 🎄

krPUxeM.gif

Neck Tie didn’t know what gifts Alice had in mind, and for some reason she didn’t tell him what they were straight away. But anyway, even if the gifts were excellent, he couldn’t let her do it. It wouldn’t be the same if he didn’t choose and buy the gifts himself, out of his own money. Actually it would feel like cheating a bit. Plus, it was already too late to send anything overseas. The gifts would have to be sitting under the tree by tomorrow and not even Santa himself could cover such a distance in so short a time.

‘Thanks, Alice, but it wouldn’t be right,’ he said. ‘I mean. . . I think I can just get them twice as much for their birthdays.’

He’d have to put those dates down in the calendar, though. If he forgot their birthdays too, he would never forgive himself.

Neck Tie sighed. Then his heart stopped when Alice bumped into the tree, all his hard work nearly coming undone. But she regained her footing quickly enough, that he decided not to say anything about it. Instead he rubbed the back of his neck which was sweating up a bit under the collar. The fire was getting too warm and it was making him feel uncomfortable. He supposed it was true what people say: too much of a good thing wasn’t always a good thing.

Talking to new people was great and all, but he was starting to wonder what Casper was up to. Last he checked, Casper had gone into the party with Aaron. Neck Tie figured it was best if he stayed away from Aaron for now, and gave the brothers some space, since their last meeting didn’t go down so well. He kept telling himself that Christmas was the time to be with family, so that it was perfectly normal that Casper was spending some time with Aaron right now. He knew he didn’t have any right to feel jealous, yet this didn’t make him feel any less lonely. Neck Tie sighed once more. The tree and all the work he put into it really meant nothing if his own family and his best friend weren’t there to appreciate it.

Last edited:
tumblr_nm5m5yFZry1rmsmtno1_500.gif

Sierra sat in silence with Nova for while, letting her think things over. It was a lot she just told the other girl to think about, a lot to mull over and process. When the younger girl did finally speak up the Evans sister listened quietly without judgement. "I think-" she began thoughtfully. "I think that you can be attracted to people no matter when. Emotions don't pick times to be convenient, they just happen. It might seem fast, but maybe that's just because that's what we've been led to believe by societal norms. People will definitely judge, but they always will, with everything. But they don't get to have a say in your life unless you let them." she carefully reached out and rested a hand on the brunette's shoulder, the warmth of her body heat contrasting against the frigid air.

"You sound like someone who has a lot to consider and is understandably confused. Emotions aren't easy, and they often take time to sort out, and accept, and deal with in healthy ways. The good news is that you have the time to figure things out. It seems at the very least you think of Ian as a friend, so my advice is to keep doing what you've been doing. Be regular friends while you figure things out for sure, then pursue whatever kind of relationship makes you happy." Sierra paused for a moment before laughing lightly. "Be warned though if you do decide that you want to be more than friends, he is a complete idiot with that kind of thing. Hinting at it will go right over his head; be direct." a small grin grew on to the older brunette's lips.

Nova was a kind girl and there was something familiar about her. Almost as if Sierra had known her for much longer than she actually had. That combined with their shared musical interest she could be a very good thing for her brother. He liked to pretend that his past was behind him, but after what she had seen, it wasn't. His demons still followed him whether or not he pretended they weren't still there. His sister couldn't always be there for him, nor could she be the only part of his support. He needed good friends he could count on, and this petite girl could be exactly that. She let out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair. "There is something you need to be...I guess aware of. Ian's happy-go-lucky attitude..." the older sister stole a glance at the doors to make sure no one would interrupt or overhear something they shouldn't. Another sigh escaped her lips as she struggled to find the right words. "Well, that's not the only thing he is. He won't ever admit it, which is why I'm telling you, but...sometimes that care-free Ian is a facade. I mean obviously no one is happy twenty-four-seven, but....just don't assume that's all there is to his character. He tends to put up walls and pretend to be okay when he's not." Brown, almost pleading eyes flicked between Nova and the snowy woods, almost as if searching for answer. Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Sierra felt like she was trying to request something of the girl but didn't know what. It was rare for her to not know herself and it was incredibly aggravating. "Sorry, I don't really know what my point is, or why I'm telling you this anymore. I guess it's just something to know about him." she rubbed her temples clearly upset with herself and her loss of words. txlos txlos

Nova listened with attentive ears, soaking it in and taking time to fully process everything that the brunette beside her was saying, brows furrowed in concentration. The cold was beginning to nip at her fingertips, biting a bit and reddening her nose, though it didn't take up too much room in the shivering girl's mind. Sierra was being completely open and honest about her brother, sharing a piece of him with her, and it meant more than Nova could say. Because above all, Sierra was right. Her emotions weren't going to wait for what seemed like a good time to feel something for someone else, and the truth of the matter was, they had chosen to latch onto the idea of Ian. And Ian came with truths of his own. He wasn't this carefree individual twenty-four seven, he wasn't all smiles and happy-go-lucky, and that was okay with Nova. She hadn't expected that of him, no one was impervious to the effects of life. With a knowing and somewhat understanding grin, the brunette reached out to place her hand atop Sierra's forearm, giving it a soft squeeze. "I don't expect him to have a smile on his face all the time," Her words were a delicate whisper, hazel eyes full of sincerity. "And I won't push him to say what he doesn't want to in the moment, but I'll do my best to be around when he decides he does."

With that, Nova pushed herself up from her place on the couch, the cold air whirling up her body and causing a big shiver to flush through her petite figure. "Speaking of talking, I think I owe him an explanation before Tristan and Carter feed him some bullshit lies," Small hands rubbed over a reddened face and into auburn hair as Nova's gaze fixated on the sliding glass door. Through there was a whole new conversation to open up, one she wanted to finish tonight, one she didn't want to wake up with on her chest. Tomorrow was Christmas morning, and no matter how things turned out she wanted nothing more than to spend her Christmas without drama or unsaid feelings looming overhead. Ian deserved to know the truth about her breakup with Jace, and if nothing else, the brunette hoped this would be the last time she would have to talk about her previous relationship. So with a weary smile, she set the blanket around her shoulders beside Sierra and headed in.

Bee-lining to Ian, Nova dodged many a drunk teenager and a few random drinking games, slipping through bodies to the kitchen where she found the boy exactly where she had left him. Her eyes moved to scan both Tristan and Carter before giving a weak smile, her hand reaching down to grab Ian's. "I'm gonna have to borrow him, I'm sorry," The apology was weak, said more as a formality, and with it said the brunette tugged the blonde boy beside her out of the kitchen and down the hall. It didn't go unnoticed, the electricity and warmth that radiated from Ian's palm into hers, but Nova did her absolute best to ignore it for the time being. It wasn't until she had successfully dragged the boy upstairs into her current room that Ian was released, Nova shutting the door behind him before walking over to her bed, lowering herself gently to a seated position.

Hands rubbed slowly together, anxious and unsure silence filling the space before she was able to speak up. "I should've told you that Jace was my ex," The words were blatant, hazel eyes slowly traveling from the floor to the blue's before her. "And it's crap that I didn't, and I'm sorry. I was just really enjoying your company and didn't think of it right then. And I know that's not an excuse, but I just-" Cutting off her own rambling and wiping damp palms against her jeans, Nova took a deep breath, eyes averting to the floor in front of her. "You're a really good guy, Ian," She cooed, just barely audible. "I'm not used to good guys. I thought I was, and then I was wrong, and you just seem like a genuinely good guy. I didn't mean to keep anything from you, it honestly slipped my mind. And I'm sorry." Nova's lips pressed into a thin line then. She wasn't sure how much was appropriate to say. What would happen if she just spilled her guts like she had done to Sierra? Or worse, what if she kept her emotions completely hidden? Neither seemed like the right answer, so for now, Nova allowed her eyes to shift back to Ian's, awaiting his voice to break the thick of the stillness that was beginning to coat the room.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back