• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Elise
ELISE.jpg

For the most part following the red wine incident, Elise had been quiet. She'd been a bit mad, to be perfectly honest, but now that that was subsiding, she was finally able to come up with something to say to Stu. "I think you should apologize to Jace." She said, rather blatantly. Of course Elise didn't think that the young boy owed her real son any kind of apology, but she was trying to build some kind of relationship here between her kids and Stu and if that helped, then so be it.

"I know that you didn't meant to spill the wine," she started to explain as she passed him another rinsed plate to go in the dishwasher. The final plate, to be exact, so Elise turned off the water and dried her hands on a washcloth before turning to Stu. "But it might help smooth everything over if you do. Just apologize, and we can leave."

Even coming here had been an obvious mistake, and Elise was more than ready to take Stu and head back to Martin's. Spending the holiday with her ex-husband and thankless children had been a disaster, as she should've guessed, but the day could surely still be salvaged. Especially without Ash calling her names and begging for things, and without Jace throwing little fits over something as simple as spilled wine. Why did they both think they were so entitled?

Dede Dede Maree Maree

da2ed3a171143dd5e0bfc3e16461944b.jpg
Wanda
Today her father's half brother, Basil Deen Williams was having alot of Wanda's family members over that she had never met before. She was told to come home for dinner in an hours time but to be honest, they were just being polite. Wanda was the daughter of a man they had cut of completely. It turns out that instead of continuing the family business, which was a middle of the ranged american restaurant, her father had moved to Australia when he was a teenager to marry the love of his life, his long distance partner, and her mother Daisy. They'd stopped talking to him after that, cut him out of their lives. Wanda only learnt about them when she was shuttled away to live with them in their horrid city apartment in Maine. So she didn't plan on going to dinner, she planned on spending her evening getting to know the city, and how to navigate it.

Naturally, Wanda was drawn to the boardwalk. She'd hopped on a bus which had taken her down past the CBD to walk along the waters edge. It was very pretty, reminding her of Newcastle in Australia, although a lot busier, and a lot more built up. Along the strip there were lots of hotels, seafood restaurants and little coffee shops. Wanda felt her worries fading for a moment as she looked out at the sea. She blocked all the noice out and just focused on the crashing waves and the chirping of the sea gulls. Time stood still for a moment. I'm continuing the adventure for you dad, I'm going to see the world one day.

Wanda snapped back to reality after that and opened up her little draw string bag she was holding. Inside was her wallet, and her phone. She sent a quick message to her uncle... or half uncle, whatever, not to wait up. She'd have dinner somewhere cheap in the city and then head home later. She would need to start looking for jobs soon, she couldn't exactly work for her dad's truck company washing rigs anymore now could she. But that was tomorrows job, not today. She headed back into the city and made her way to a little ramen bar she had been to a couple times. Inside it was warm and toasty, with the smell of great food filling the space. She had talked to the waitress here a couple times already, and it already felt a little more like home than with her 'family'. She sure hoped the girl was working tonight, although that was pretty selfish, given it was thanksgiving... a holiday Wanda didn't really know that much about, and only had a vague idea of the history behind it from TV shows.

Last edited:
Neck Tie

e72g77J.gif

The dishwasher was now rumbling and clattering. He would have squeezed himself in with the plates if it meant he could evade owning up to Beanie Boy. The idea of having to apologise to a two-faced rat like Jace was beyond unappealing. Yet that was exactly what Elise was telling him to do, and he didn’t like it one bit. If anyone had to apologise for anything, it should have been Jace, for lunging at him on the stage and causing him to be suspended for three miserable weeks!

Still, Elise had spoken, and she said that they could leave as soon as the humiliating deed was done. Reluctantly, Neck Tie obliged. All he wanted was to go home, and all he had to do for that to happen was swallow his pride and say just one word. He didn’t even have to mean it, he just had to sound like he did. It was his ticket out of this stupid mansion, which was as cold and heartless and insincere as the so-called family who inhabited it.

But Neck Tie began to regret his decision the moment he began hauling his way down the hallway toward Jace’s room. The hallway was incredibly if not needlessly long, which afforded plenty of time for self-doubt. Here he stopped and leant against the wall, pulling out his phone and checking Casper’s message.

He scratched the bridge of his small nose a little and then committed himself to a reply:

Stu: dnt worry about aaron

Stu: i dnt like how he treats you sometimes

Stu: you shouldnt let him push you around like tht

Neck Tie sighed, and slipped his phone back into his pocket. Casper was always worrying about Aaron, even though all that kid had ever done was treat him like dirt. He couldn’t even enjoy a pizza without Aaron ruining it. It wasn’t right. If the world was a fair place, Casper wouldn’t have to be pushed around by stupid Aaron, and Neck Tie certainly wouldn’t have to apologise to stupid Beanie Boy.

Anyway he had begrudgingly arrived at the door. Just this once he had to be the bigger man. He did spill the wine, and Jace’s friend, Theo, at least deserved an apology. Jace deserved it too, probably. Whatever. It was pointless to keep fighting with him, because frankly he wasn’t even a worthy opponent. Unlike Mason.

The door flew open unannounced. He’d forgotten to knock. In a breathless moment Neck Tie’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. The sight, to his dismay, put even Grace and Sawyer to shame!

Winona Winona Maree Maree mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:
Carter

Carter didn't even hear Mason go off on Kanen, her brain was running a hundred miles a minute with all the anger she had stored up. Her face went bright red thoughts of punching Kanen, maybe strangling him for being the biggest dumbass ever. "You're fucking joking right." Carter wasn't going to let Kanen intimidate her. Fuck that. "You can't fucking let them run your fucking emotions. Parents fucking suck." She stepped towards Kanen staring him directly in the eye.

"But you don't take it out on us you fucking asshole." She narrowed her eyes at him. Waving towards Mason, "We're fucking here for you. Don't you fucking see that!" She rolled her eyes, her fists were clenched, shaking with anger. "You want to not be treated like shit, don't fucking treat people like shit." Carter knew that something bad must have happened at his mom's, but she honestly didn't care. Drunk or not, they didn't deserve to be treated like this. "COME ON KANEN." She yelled before quieting her voice. "There is a fucking two year old here. Who looks up to you dammit." She didn't back down. "Adriane's parents invited us here, the best you could do is actually pull yourself together for two hours, and fake it. Just fucking fake it." Carter wasn't even sure what she meant by fake it, fake being sober, fake something.

Carter herself might have much rather been drunk today, dealing with Adriane, but she knew that it wasn't the answer to this. She wasn't going to show up drunk when she knew she would be around Ari, knew that Adriane's parents were going to be around. She didn't want to Adriane any reasons to keep Carter away from Mason. Carter has already decided she was going to try to be friendly around Adriane, for Ari and Mason's sake. There wasn't any point to continuing to fight them.
"Kanen if your having a shit day, we are here for you, but don't treat us like shit because your day is shit." Carter ran her hand through her hair, trying to ground herself.

High5ives High5ives Winona Winona

Zach

Zach was a little caught off guard when Belle went super philosophical on relationships all he could do was laugh in response.
"Fair point, but still most girls are looking for a guy who wants only them." He shrugged his shoulders, it wasn't that he didn't want a relationship but he hadn't met anyone worth his time. At least thats how he saw it.

"And now you're done" He smirked putting the photo on a shelf up high, so Belle couldn't reach it. She could of had Zach fooled till she tickled his side, he knew she was saving herself and he also knew that she wouldn't ever do something to hurt Drake. At least they were both on the same page that their flirting tendencies weren't ever going to go anywhere. "You just tell me when." He leaned in closer. "and I'll be there." Winking before she stepped back and out of his space.

"I'm okay with that, I tend to have a lot more fun that way." He laughed lightly, throwing himself down onto the couch. "Want to watch the game? Or maybe you'd prefer the parade?" He smiled, biting his lower lip just a bit. Before picking up the remote and turning on the tv

Maree Maree

Melissa

Mood: Soothed| Interacting with: Wanda| Mentions: Sook Sook

Melissa would’ve stayed indoors all day if it hadn’t been for work. Her eyes had been locked on the screen in front of her for hours until she got a call on her phone. The interruption had frustrated the hell out of her as she’d been in the middle of a PvP battle, but she managed to let it go. As it turned out, the ramen bar had been especially crowded today and they needed an extra hand. Apparently it was a holiday? She didn’t know, but she regretted immediately having volunteered to be on call when needed, but there was little she could do about it now. Begrudgingly she got ready and headed out, bags under her eyes from having stayed up since yesterday on her games.

Her mother wasn’t home when she left, which was to be expected by this point. She was probably out, already drunk, her breath reeking of alcohol. Melissa could only hope she’d come back unscathed, but, then again, how lucky was she? Not at all. Her life was a mess. Hell, her entire family’s life was a mess. Without her father, she and her mother had grown distant and reclusive. For her, it had been a long time coming, but she remembered her mother as a social butterfly, always inviting the neighbors over. Death had a way of dragging down even the brightest of souls, she supposed. What could she do?

Stepping through the back door of the ramen bar, Melissa pulled her hair up and tied on her apron. Her job here was simple: waiting tables. It wasn’t something she prided herself on—she was too shy to make decent conversation with the customers and thus never received any decent tips—but it gave money and that was that. Bills were tight lately, what with one source of income gone, so she had to help her mother provide lest they lose the house. Or, worse, connection to the internet. She didn’t think she could properly function without that, not even for a day. It was the only thing that kept her sane lately.

Moving from table to table, Melissa took orders and headed back to the kitchen. The actions of the day were dragging out, full and repetitive in nature. She felt like she was losing her mind, every inch of her body eager to get back home and back onto her computer. As the amount of customers slowly dwindled down, though, she started to feel less stressed and more at ease. Eventually there came a time where everyone had already been attended to except...

Ah, a familiar face was waiting to be seated. Melissa had actually spoken to Wanda a few times before, although not really of things other than the food. Still, she was easy to talk to, much unlike the large majority of human beings. “Hey,” she greeted, “you’re back again.“ She smiled plainly, happy to see someone she actually knew here besides her fellow coworkers. “Right this way. I just cleaned the table over here.” Gesturing to a table in one of the corners of the restaurant, she made her way over there and poured some water into the empty glass. “Call me over when you’re ready to order?” she said, although it came out as a question more than anything.
code by Ri.a

Juliette
tumblr_inline_p9xsqouux01uy9est_250.gif

Juliette watched as Ava flipped over the game with a satisfied grin on her face. So maybe she was kind of proud of herself. Giving a thumbs up to Faith as she stormed off with the same confident, some might say bitchy smile. "Yeah. Sure you will. " She said with a cocky raise of her brow, of course JJ wasn't going to go against her again. Ava was competitive too. But it seemed like it only worsened whenever she lost.

JJ hated losing. So, it shouldn't be a big deal if something randomly came up whenever that rematch came to light. Returning her attention to the rather incredibly awkward boy next to her. Listening as he babbled on with a look on her face that could only be described as. 'Why are you talking to me?' But, remember, manners. Besides, he probably wasn't that bad anyway. Throwing the fakest laugh his way at his terrible attempt of a joke, looking away before her smile quickly faded as if it never appeared in the first place.

But something interesting came out of that weird conversation though, she guesses anyway... JJ felt a little dumb that she didn't realize it was his name, and well, not his religion. "Nice name. Really creative. Wonder how they came up with it?" Juliette turned to him, replacing that smile on her face again. "I think my dad came up with mine? I don't think I ever really asked." Huh. Why didn't she ever ask?

Winona Winona

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Still embarrassed
Interacting with ~ Nikita
Mentions ~ The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Alice blinked, and her face turned a light shade of pink. She had always been told to leave, but she had never blurted out answers before. It reminded her of when she was in Britain, at that horrid boarding school. She had not known at the time that being respectful was important, and she had been punished for yelling out during class several times. Finally, Alice understood the lesson and stopped that behavior.

But she couldn't believe that she had done it again. Alice was embarrassing herself. Just apologize, and he'll forget about you. You don't have to worry about him after this. Alice shook her head and put on a weak smile. "I am truly sorry about not letting you solve that question. You are capable of solving your own problems, while I shouldn't worry about them. I do hope that you'll forgive me." Alice didn't know what she would do if he refused.

Nikita Romanov

Nikita was a bit taken aback by her response. He thought he made it clear that he took no issue in her doing that but either she was bad at reading other people or he was bad at being transparent. Either way he thought the girl looked like she was was about to drop down on her knees and start begging for forgiveness. He shifted his gaze away from her and looked around to make sure that they weren't making a scene before turning back to her in order to reassuring her. "Hey its no big deal. I'm not going to murder you for just answering one exercise..." He uttered.

Might as well get to know who she is. Knowing the names of people around you was never a bad thing. She could be of use to him as it was good to have someone reliable in a class. "My name is Nikita. Pleased to meet you." The thought of this being be an idea crossed his mind afterwards. Maybe she simply wanted to apologize and never interact with him again. At this point, he just had to wait and see.

Interactions: A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Jace
Wow Smile.gif

To hear that meant a lot to Jace -- more than he would kindly admit. And yeah, his cheeks turned a faint shade of red, and then just turned a brighter red when Theo put his arm around Jace's shoulders. In a really friendly manner like friends did, right? Although, well, if it was just a friendly gesture, why did Jace feel funny? Like there were butterflies in his stomach, and his cheeks wouldn't stop heating up and wow-- was there something wrong with him? He'd certainly never felt his way when he was sitting around any girls, but maybe it was just friendship or... god, there really was something wrong with him. Yep.

And then his bedroom door opened and Jace jumped, and was shocked to see Stu standing there. Panicked, Jace quickly got off the couch and away from Theo, not even sure where to start speaking or talking or even what to say or what Stu had thought he'd seen. By the kid's face, Stu was obviously thinking the worse.

"I-- you-- nothing... nothing was going on." Jace still had no idea what Stu was thinking, but his mind was still going to the worse as he crossed the room quickly, grabbing Stu by the arm and dragging him into the bedroom before he closed the door so the little kid couldn't escape. "What... why-- why are you back here?"

His voice was stammering, perhaps more than usual, and he was trying to brush everything away as if it was nothing. Ha. As if changing the subject could do that.

Maree Maree Dede Dede

Tristan Reneaux

Mood: Neutral| Interacting with: Jae
Mentions: Kipsy Kipsy

Tristian nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. Jae, it did sound rather familiar. Boy, he sure was slacking in his duties. He was usually pretty good at keeping up to date with who was at Westbrook. This is what happens when you skip out on going to a few parties. Not always the most pleasant but extremely necessary. Then again the boy in front of him didn't seem like the partying type.

"Well it's lovely to meet you, Jae," he said, smiling softly. This time he certainly wouldn't forget the name, how could he? It was quite cute and definitely suited the boy. As he was definitely quite cute as well.

He tilted his head a little as Jae scribbled something down in his notebook. What was he writing now? Oh, he had been writing play quotes earlier? How cute. Did he just remind him of another one? Hopefully something romantic. "I don't think its lame. Plays bring some of the loveliest quotes" he chuckled. How did this boy keep getting cuter and cuter? "Hear my soul speak: The very instant I saw you, did my heart fly to your service" he spoke, maintaining eye contact until he was finished. "Call me cliche but I am a sucker for Shakespeare."

How was his Thanksgiving going? He glanced around the almost empty coffee shop. The answer to that question seemed pretty obvious. "I'm having a great
Thanksgiving right now" he answered, flashing his charming smile. There was no need to bring up the negatives when he could focus on the positives. Such as flirting with Jae. He reached over the table, his hand brushing against Jae's for a moment as he grabbed a thing of sugar. "Hopefully yours is similar?" he asked.

Tristian finished the last mouthful of his coffee, leaving the sugar packet sitting on the table. "Want to get out of here? The weather is quite nice. I find evenings are a great time to take a walk" He suggested. It would be easier to charm him without the barista watching them. It just kind of made things feel awkward.
code by Ri.a

Belle Taylor

Mood: Happy > Sour| Interacting with: Zach
Mentions: Dazzle Dazzle

"Sometimes I envy you" Belle mused, shifting over and resting her head on his shoulder as he sat beside her. Things would be far easier if she could live as carelessly as he.

"....The parade?" she asked, sitting up and looking at him with a raised brow. Did he seriously think that she would rather watch some parade over the game? She wasn't six. "You're impossible" she scoffed, hitting his arm. She was a cheerleader for two reasons. She enjoyed cheerleading and liked sports. He certainly didn't use his head sometimes. She leaned over and plucked the remote from his hands, changing it to the game.

"You and your stereotypes I swear" she laughed, resting her head on his shoulder again. "I can play that game too, scout" she smirked, using the name that Mason had given him during her party. Mason, he hadn't spoken to her since her party. Not even so much as an apology for the horrible words he had used. She may have been very drunk but that didn't mean that she didn't remember. She frowned, her mood plummeting from thinking about it.

"How come you and Mason don't get along anyway?" she asked, looking up at him. "Well, besides the fact that he's a prick" she grumbled, folding her arms over her chest. Another indicator of her now sour mood. Not that she would take it out on Zach. Unlike some people she knew.
code by Ri.a

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Less embarrassed

Alice was surprised that the boy didn't get mad at her. She did see that he was a bit confused himself, but Alice decided not to worry about that. The pink shade disappeared from her cheeks when the boy said that it was alright, but she didn't exactly believe him. She smiled, muttering, "Some people would actually do that, even if it was only one question..." Alice wasn't exactly sure that he heard her. But it didn't matter.

When he introduced himself, Alice nodded slowly. Nikita. She had heard about that name before, it occasionally popped into the class discussion. Well, you remember his name because he got introduced before class a couple of weeks ago. She held out her hand for Nikita to shake. "Nice to meet you as well, Nikita. I'm Alice. Alice Ester." Alice's eyes strayed to the clock hanging over their heads, her eyes widening when she realized how late it was. She'd have to get going soon.

Theodore Presley

Mood: confused > annoyed| Interacting with: Jace, Stu
Mentions: Winona Winona Dede Dede

Theo felt his heart rate pick up as Jace blushed at his touch. This didn't usually happen. He hugged people all the time and it never felt like this. Jace looked kinda cute when he blushed. Why did he feel an urge to pull him closer? His own cheeks started to heat up. Why did he feel strange? He did things like this all the time and he never felt that way. Well, the last time he had felt that way was with Grace... Shit. No. That wasn't what was happening here. They were just two friends hanging out together. Except they weren't. They had never really spent any time together as guy friends growing up. He wasn't... No. He didn't. HE NEEDED GRACE.

Before he could finish his thoughts the door was thrown open and Jace jumped away from him. He looked over to see the little rat standing in the doorway. How dare he interrupt when he was trying to think. Didn't the brat know not to interrupt when someone is debating their very existence and everything they had ever known?

Then Jace started stuttering trying to explain that nothing was going on. which just made it seem like something had been going on. Maybe it had? If he was this worked up then maybe he had felt the... No. There was no time for thinking that. He had to fix what was going on. He stood up from the couch and walked over to Stu. Easily towering over the small rat of a boy. "Didn't your mother teach you how to knock?" he asked, his tone void of its usual friendliness. "Well if you insist on coming in..." he trailed off, guiding the boy inside. He then shut the door and leaned against it with his arms crossed.

"I don't care what you think you saw. Nothing happened" Theo said, his voice stern. "Now if you start spreading rumours and lying to people. Pretending that you saw something... Then. Well, I assume you know what will happen if you try to cross me and hurt my friend" he said, glaring down at him. He could be scary when he wanted to. It just took a lot of energy and was quite emotionally draining. Being mean and 'scary' was the opposite of who he was as a person. But he would do anything to protect his new friend.
code by Ri.a

Kanen stood there, genuinely uninterested in whatever it was Mason, or Carter for that matter, had to say. He had already decided to be pissed, and Kanen was too damn stubborn to let anything change his mind. Sure, they were both right, Kanen had no damn right to come here like he had, and yeah, Carter made some good points. But for Kanen, that didn’t change a thing. Liquor and testosterone had already gone ahead and set the course for Fuck-Town; Population Mason.

Kanen took off his sunglasses and tossed them aside, watching them clatter down to the ground. His hands curled up into tight fists, and he lowered his chin. Feet shoulder width apart, standing at a slight angle. Arm cocked back. Jaw clenched tight. Yup. Good Ol’ Kanen was back in all his drunken, violent, glory.

“Oh, I’ll make a fucking scene.” Kanen snapped. Just like that, Kanen went off like a loose cannon, throwing a balled up fist right at his ‘friend.’ Yeah, sure, Kanen would regret this all when he sobered up. But right now, he didn’t give a damn about consequences. He just wanted to beat the everliving shit out of someone. Mason was just the unlucky S.O.B. who happened to be standing in front of him.

Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Mason
Stretch.gif

Oh hell no. Of course this dick thought he could come swinging at Mason, but he saw it coming. How could he not? Kanen always turned on the first dude around to start swinging punches when he was fucked up, and there was no way that Mason was going to sit around as his punching bag this fucking time around.

He was sick of it. Sick of the fucking mood swings, of the constant feeling bad for himself, of the constant blaming the world for everything wrong with him. Mason couldn't sit around and deal with this shit anymore -- he was trying to somehow turn his life around, keep Drake alive and healthy, and take care of Ariana. He was done with this stupid ass fucking punching shit because life didn't go exactly how his stupid ass head had fucking planned it. He could go to someone else.

So he dodged out of the way of Kanen's fist, narrowing his eyes at his so-called friend. "Get the fuck outta here. I'm not going to be your fucking punching bag, and I'm tired of this shit. Take the rest of your fucking money and leave me alone." He said from where he now stood next to the door, eyes narrowed angrily at Kanen.

"I fucking knew that you were going to go right back to this shit. I don't know what made you fucking think you could get clean before, but get the fuck outta here and find someone else's life to ruin and to help you."

Dazzle Dazzle High5ives High5ives

Aaron

The corner of Aaron’s lip quirked up, and the thought that he had made the right decision was further cemented. Drake was happy and, for some reason, that made him happy. Maybe that should have bothered him, but it didn’t. He nodded as Drake spoke, beginning to follow him.

For a moment, worry gnawed at Aaron. Hadn’t Drake overdosed recently? Was it really that good an idea to go back to drugs? Aaron quickly tamped that down, though, because he wasn’t a pansy. He didn’t need to worry about Drake- Drake could take care of himself.

And besides, it was just weed. And frankly, Aaron could go for some weed.

“If your brother didn’t throw out the weed, do you wanna get stoned off our asses together?”

~`*`~​

Casper
Casper cried for what felt like forever, but was likely only a few minutes. He laid down on his side, still sniffling, when again his phone buzzed.

He immediately stopped, glancing to it as it buzzed a second time.

By the third time it buzzed, Casper was sitting up, wiping at his eyes with back of his fist before quickly snatching his phone. He gave another sniff as he checked who it was.

As he had hoped, it was a reply from Stu.

He’d just been busy. He shouldn’t have panicked. He was such a baby.

But then he read the reply, and he frowned, brow furrowing up. What did he mean? Aaron was his brother- it was his job to worry about him. And if Aaron was mean sometimes- well, weren’t all brothers? He started to shake but, as he noticed it, tried to calm it down, only to shake harder.

He nibbled at his lip as he sat there, running through what he wanted to say repeatedly, trying to figure out how to properly word it. Why was getting things outside of his head so hard? He absentmindedly scratched the back of his neck, and, eventually, began typing.

Casper: What do you mean?

Once he started typing, it came easily.

Casper: Aarons really nice to me and ihes my brother :(
Casper: And he doesnt push me around
Casper: He's just looking out for me :(

There! That was it! Sure, it was a bit more complicated than that, but who cared? This was Casper’s brother! He didn’t do things to Casper that weren’t for his own good… right?

Zach raised his eyebrows turning his head towards her. "Envy me?" He tipped his head down trying to meet Belle's eyes. "Why?" Envy him, what could she envy about his life. It was just average, normal, minus having two mothers. He was just like any other teenager.

Zach chuckled as Belle stole the remote from his hand. Learning something knew about this girl daily, he was definitely impressed, and happy with her decsion to watch the game.
"You seem to relaxed for this." He watched as the players ran across the screen. Using one of their time outs early in the game, he really didn't care about the teams who were playing. He just enjoyed watching, just not as much as when he would get to watch the patriots. He was a New Englander what else would you expect.

Zach rolled his eyes at the nickname, he had made it so far in high school without having an awful nickname, and yet here he was 18 and with an awful nickname. At least it was better than Minuteman. God Lexi was a bitch for that one, but it was funny.
"Better question." He put an arm on the back of the couch behind her. "Why do you even associate with him?" He didn't not get along with Mason, but they both played the same game.

Maree Maree

3d269cd5d1e7144f8cb8da523e03be84.jpg
Wanda
Kipsy Kipsy

Wanda stood near the entry waiting to be seated. She noticed it wasn't very busy now that it was dinnertime. She supposed most people were with their families now having dinner, plus she was pretty sure the place would likely close early today due to the holiday. After a beat someone came to seat her and her face broke out in a big goofy grin when she saw who it was "Creature of habit, I suppose, or maybe I just like the pretty staff" She said lightly flirting as she followed the pretty young girl to the table she had cleared. She smiled kindly at her and said "Sure will, thank you" Wow she's so pretty! Wanda thought to herself as she put her head in the menu. She skipped passed the alcohol section, painfully aware that now she'd have to wait until she was 21 instead of 18 to order a simple beer. She wanted something spicy, because she never got tired of spicy food. Her favorite used to be when Dad would cook spicy tacos over the campfire. But Ramen was her new thing for now, there were just so many contrasting flavors. Maybe she'd try out a cooking lesson or two while she was here. She'd been planning on doing a sport in school but she supposed cooking would be something to consider as well. She was rather excited, she'd never been to a proper school. She had no idea what it'd be like!

She looked around and caught the attention of Melissa again. She said "I'll try number twenty-three tonight" And then paused a beat and looked up at the server with a cheeky grin "So how come you're working on this holiday, draw the short straw?" She asked presently "I'm getting to know the city, bit by bit, I just moved here. I'll be going to West brook high when that time rolls around..." Wanda had a sparkle in her eye as she got to her point "Are you a local? I could sure use a hand finding my way around if you knock off anytime soon. Of course, totally up to you, my dad used to tell me I came off a little 'too-much' sometimes, he was the real charismatic" She got a far off look in her eyes, but only for a second "Oh, I'd better order some milk too, learnt that the first time I tried this one, it's spicy! But very tasty" When Melissa served her food, she'd give her a tip. Her fake uncle had already taught her that she needed to do that here although it was pretty unheard of back home. Although she had been instructed that tips made up a fair amount of their wage here. She was certain that she'd learn that first hand if she got a job anytime soon.

Belle Taylor

Mood: Eh| Interacting with: Zach
Mentions: Dazzle Dazzle

Belle looked up to meet his eyes and smiled softly. "Yes, you. A loving family, nice home. The normalness. I know it probably sounds silly" she admitted. Oh, what she would give to just trade places with him and be normal. Have two loving mothers who supported and were there for her. Not having mason use her wealth as a reason to drag her through the dirt. No suffocating expectations or past trauma. Just a nice normal life.

She let the conversation quiet for a moment, just sitting in comfortable silence with him as they watched the game. It wasn't really anyone interesting on so she turned her attention back to Zach as he spoke. "Too relaxed for the game? Please. These players are mediocre at best" she scoffed. As someone injured themselves on screen she cringed and looked away. She did not want to watch the closeup replay of that one. Who got injured that early into a game? Honestly. Weaklings, The lot of them.

Belle changed positions when he moved his arm so her head was resting on his chest. "Way to turn the conversation onto me" she grumbled, pouting even though he couldn't see it. Why she put up with him? Well, that one was a long story. She was also questioning that as well. He was cruel to her more often than he was nice. "Well. I confessed something to him in a moment of weakness. Something dark and horrible. I guess apart of me doesn't want to get on his bad side out of fear? That he'll turn around and spread it" she said, shrugging slightly. It wasn't even that hard of a thing to find out. Carter had proved that much.
code by Ri.a

Angry Tie

tumblr_inline_p7l2beuQHC1si4ayo_400.gif

The door had swung to reveal the two older boys, locked in an intimate (he thought) embrace on the couch. One of them, Theo, had even unbuttoned his shirt – hell, Neck Tie could even see his nipples from where he stood!

He wasn’t allowed much time to process the scene, however. Before long, Jace was springing forward in a hurry, acting all guilty and ready to blurt out all manners of excuses for his sorry self. But why would he be stumbling over his words if he hadn’t done anything wrong? Clearly, Jace had been up to something bad, and was panicking only because he’d been caught red-handed.

What Neck Tie concluded within that split second was this: Jace was seeing Nova, at least they were still together the last time he checked. But he must have stopped liking her, because he was about to make out with another person – a guy – behind her back! What a stinking, rotten, crummy boyfriend Jace was. If he arrived a minute later the two of them would have been naked and in bed together! To think Neck Tie once tried to help Jace and rescue his broken relationship. Nova should have known it from the start, instead she was duped just like Neck Tie was duped to becoming friends with him. She did nothing to deserve it. Neck Tie thought Nova was pretty and perfect and precious in every way, and he was certain that if he were her boyfriend this would never have happened. That’s because he wasn’t a slimy liar like Beanie bitch, and he would have treated her with respect and dignity, like a gentleman ought to treat a lady!

Jace was only acting guilty because he was worried Neck Tie might tell Nova and ruin his secret… affair… or whatever this was. He was right to worry. He was going to tell the whole world about it if it meant making Jace pay for what he did!

Neck Tie was angry, and looked angry too. In a last-ditch effort to save himself, Jace seized Neck Tie’s thin arm to prevent him from leaving the room. The boy tried to pull free but Theo had made sure the door stayed shut behind him by leaning against it. Now even Theo himself was staring Neck Tie down trying to guard their little secret, they must have been pretty proud of themselves keeping a small kid hostage. But this only strengthened the freshman's resolve. For one, Neck Tie wasn’t afraid of his empty threats. Theo was only half as scary as Mason in his opinion, and twice as pathetic. Unlike Theo, Mason would state clearly what he would do, for example stuff nuggets down his throat, and he actually looked capable of carrying it out. Theo didn’t even make a proper threat, so he wasn’t afraid. Why should he be?

Without warning, Neck Tie violently pulled his arm free from Beanie bitch’s grip – easier than it sounded since Jace hadn’t a muscle in his body. ‘Let go of me, you HOMO!’ Neck Tie yelled in Jace's stupid gay face. He turned around spitting fire at Theo also. ‘I’ll tell everyone! I swear I will.’ With this he threw his whole little body at the door, attempting to jostle Theo aside, so that he could make his great escape.

Winona Winona Maree Maree

Last edited:
Nikita Romanov
He was curios as to the kind of people she normally encountered when in her mind, the normal response to doing something so insignificant would be immense rage. He has been lonely for a large part of his life but that does not mean he struggles to understand how people normally act. Loneliness is a choice for him. Regardless, her not looking like she was embarrassed any longer was a good sign as he had managed to loosen her up.

He seemed a bit reluctant at first but he slowly reached out his hand to shake hers. It did not take long for him to withdraw his hand, with it returning to the desk where it was before. Alice Ester. He hadn't heard that name at all before. It seemed that she was not really the popular type at all. Even that would be an understatement in this case. Despite that he saw her glance towards what he knew was the clock, with him assuming that either she had somewhere to be or she really did not want to be there with him. Whatever the case was he had to settle his curiosity as to what she was doing here in the first place. "So Alice...Why did you come here to the library? I noticed that the book you were reading wasn't a part of any of our classes so I'm just curious."
Interactions: A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Jaehwa

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Tristian| Mentions: Maree Maree

Something was happening with Jaehwa's heart. This guy was not only interested in the play lyrics, but he knew some, too? Was he even real? Jaehwa wasn't sure he could smile any wider at this point, his cheeks starting to hurt. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite," he recited, closing his journal without lifting his eyes off Tristian. "Cliche is cliche for a reason."

It occurred to him then that this could be considered flirting. The tips of his ears went red with this revelation. Was that what he was doing? Flirting? It couldn't be. He didn't know how to do that properly without making a fool of himself, surely, and he didn't feel at all embarrassed right now. A little flustered, maybe, but he was just honored that someone had actually been curious enough to approach him. He didn't think he was that attractive.

Jaehwa started to blush with Tristian's next words. He could only think he must be reading too much into things. There was no way someone could be truly, really into him like that. So why was his heart racing so fast? Was this the reason so many people flirted with each other: for this strange rush of excitement?

"I'm glad," he managed, almost squeaking when Tristian's hand brushed past his. Too overwhelmed to want to risk having them touch unexpectedly like that again, he withdrew his hands and wrapped them firmly around his coffee. "Mine's going well now, too. So thank you for that." He took another sip from his drink, relishing in the flavor.

Upon hearing the suggestion that they leave the cafe together, Jaehwa bit his lower lip. "Okay," he agreed after a moment's thought, "I'd like to." A while back, he'd started walking during the evenings and he had to agree that the world was especially pleasant to be in at that time of day. He could only imagine it'd be even nicer with someone's company.

Standing up, Jaehwa put his notebook in his messenger bag and threw away his now empty cup. "Where shall we walk to?" he asked, turning to look back at Tristian with excited eyes.
code by Ri.a

Jace
Wow Smile.gif

As if this couldn't have all been bad enough, it just seemed to get worse and worse. He was at least thankful for Theo backing him up, although it may have just been making the whole situation much worse. Just two manly friends comforting each other had suddenly turned into something much worse, and obviously Stu was making up some crazy things in his mind.

Especially when he yelled at Jace. Jace let go of Stu's arm quickly like it was on fire and he'd just been burned. Which he kinda had been, with words. Nonetheless, it hurt and Jace's gaze fell to the ground for a minute. He wasn't gay... right? There was no way. He'd dated girls-- ... uh, a girl. And he'd never been attracted to a guy, although Theo was pleasant to look at, but Ash was always gushing about how pretty and amazing she thought Grace was, so maybe it was normal. Right?

"I'm not... that's not..." Jace groaned in frustration. "I'm not... that." Not that being that was bad, but it's just simply not what Jace was, or so he was like... twenty percent sure. Thirty percent. Sixty nine percent. Something like that. "You didn't see anything and you aren't going to tell anybody because there is nothing to tell." Jace said, trying his best to be threatening although his voice was wavering and he really just wanted to climb under his blanket and hide.

"And if you tell my mom about any of this, I will make your life a living hell. Not to mention that it would upset her, and why would you want to do that over a silly little misunderstanding and ruin her Thanksgiving even more?" Jace asked, hoping that this would do something. "Do you really want to be the reason her Thanksgiving is completely ruined? First you spill red wine everywhere, and then you lie to her about her son?" God please let this work.

Dede Dede Maree Maree

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood ~ Pleased

Alice was relaxing a little when she noticed that Nikita didn't seem mad anymore. She had never tried to make anyone mad, but somehow, it just happened. Bumping into people in the hallways, taking too long, and even reading the wrong book. Alice never wished to have enemies but it had happened. But now, if this conversation kept going the right way, then maybe, Alice would have someone reliable.

Alice was pleased when Nikita shook her hand, but she noticed that he ended it quickly. Perhaps he's just not comfortable yet. Alice did the same with her hand, returning it to her desk, setting it on top of her book. When Nikita asked about the book, Alice blushed. She had never had anyone interested in what she was reading, so this was a first. She rolled her eyes when Nikita mentioned it not being a school book. "First of all, the books at school aren't interesting all the time. Second, I came here to escape my family. We're...not exactly on the best of terms right now." She shook her head. "How's your Thanksgiving going so far?" Alice focused her eyes on Nikita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back