• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
A5B77A9D-703A-4C68-AFBD-64E6D75BCCA2.gif
June
June didn’t expect this dude to talk so much. But, he did have a point. It could be fun after all, just to relax somewhere away from school. Everyone is suspended anyways. What’s the point in staying? They should be allowed to have fun too. “Deal.” She said with a small nod to him before going outside fully. She walked back over to him. The girl seemed like she didn’t want to go so this guy will be the test subject. She smiled slightly when he talked about not wanting to go home.

“Don’t worry. I don’t want to go to your home either. Alleyway sounds good. You just have to lead the way.” And he did for the most part. Once again, June was nervous since she didn’t know the kid. But he seemed reckless enough to know the limits. At least. She hoped someone reckless knew limits.

She followed him out to his truck, looking at it for a moment before getting in. It seemed a little too dirty for her, but she didn’t have a car. Grace would kill her if she stole her car again. His car will have to suffice. She buckled herself in and he seemed to go wild. She knew whoever was behind the wheel would be worse. She had no choice, but to hold onto the bar and hope she didn’t die before she had something to drink.

~~~~

“I don’t know how you passed your drivers test.” She said tiredly as she got out of the car. “I swear, I think you almost got us killed too many times. This alleyway you’re talking about better be the alleyway to heaven.” She rubbed her head and looked around. Where were they?

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Shawn March Orozco

OBt7.gif

"The important part isn't how I got my driver's license." Shawn said, awkwardly parking his car after almost running over an elderly man. "The important part is that I got it and now I can go wherever I want." He hopped out of his car and shoved his hands in his pockets. "This is usually where I meet my dealers. Plural. Literally just random guys who come around with shit on the cheap."

Shawn beckoned her into the space between two buildings. It was dark, but surprisingly clean. He shooed off one of the many wayward cats wandering around. "It's a lot closer to my place so I come here whenever I need to take a fucking load off. I basically live here at this point."

And it was true, when he wasn't walking Bob, sleeping, partying, or at school, this was probably where he could be found. Far towards the edges of Westbrook where the last vestiges of civilization slowly turned into grassland and highways. The place where all of the garbage hung out. The subhumans. The whores and junkies and all. Perfect place for two teenagers to get hammered during school hours.

Interactions: Moonshadow Moonshadow

Unfortunately there was only so many times Jace could look at the same set of static images with any sort of focus. After all it was just the same slides he and Ash had put together. As interesting of a challenge as it was to turn that into a presentation plan, he did inevitably get tired of staring at it. So he stopped. Letting out a light sigh he began to lean his head back against the wall, closing his eyes while his thoughts reviewed what he'd pieced together so far.

Those thoughts were unexpectedly interrupted almost as soon as the next breath left his lips. The sweet, familiar voice of an angel provided him with a pleasant surprise, bringing him back to the present. Jace's piercing blue eyes opened to the heart stopping sight of Ash, her appearance bringing a delighted expression to his face. "Oh! Hey Ash!" To say he was glad to see her was an understatement. It sent a wave of relief down his spine to know that Westbrook's innate drama hadn't forced her off to some ivory tower boarding school. His own laugh came easily in response to the girl's question, even more easily than normal, as he glanced back at the computer screen. "Yeah, guess you could say that."

The by now trained gaze of Jace darted over the slide once again, just the sight of it sparking the part of the presentation he'd worked out for it. Getting an A would be nice. Not just for Ash's sake either. It wasn't often he got to be proud of his grades outside of testing. "So, looks like you're stickin' around after all?" He asked, turning to look right back into the cheerleader's gorgeous blue-green eyes. "Good thing too. I was almost afraid I'd have to turn this in by myself." His voice bounced to an enthusiastic energy, emphasizing the teasing tone in his words.

Winona Winona

3A7D3D3F-257D-4A55-B6D1-8A7F63B9CB84.gif
June
She frowned at him. “Wherever you want. I’m not entirely sure if you should keep that power.” She mumbled to herself and walked over to him. “I knew there were dealers around here, but at least I know a denifinitive where.” She said looking around and up at the buildings. “I hope they don’t pay a visit.”

She followed him over to the alleyway between the buildings, looking at the faded red brick and white bricks scrubbed by the dying breaths of mold. It smelled. It smelled like someone who was walking on the cuffs of life and not caring to take a shower. But somehow, she could see plants. They snaked their way into the crevices of concrete and managed their way to surivive in this dump. She was disappointed to hear that he basically lived here. But, if it brought him comfort.... She watched as the cat skitted away before replacing his spot for the drinks. She opened the bag and pulled it out. “Um, I didn’t bring any cups.” She said at first before realizing how ridiculous she sounded. “But here,” She tilted it to him, “you can take first drink. They told me it’s sweet and has just enough alcohol to make you smile.” She doubted all of it, but she gave her money to the chump anyways. She just wanted something. Anything really. “Also, what’s your name? Of course I should’ve asked you before heading all the way out here.” She said somewhat sheepishly.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Neck Tie

tyswODC.gif

Neck Tie half got up from his seat as she did. ‘Wait —’ he stammered. ‘What? Now?!

He was panicking. He wanted to go, yes. But his dad was sitting right behind that blimming wall! He couldn’t just get up and go. ‘I can’t — I mean, like. . . Not right now.’ The blond boy was whispering to her from the corner of his mouth, and gesturing anxiously in the direction of Principal Nona’s office. ‘My dad. He’s right there.

He suddenly realised he didn’t even know the girl’s name. But the chance of solving Kanen’s mystery, no matter how elusive, was too tempting to turn down. A moment of foolish bravery had the boy nodding his head, agreeing to go with her on their wild goose chase. Knowing Kanen, he might be in danger or even worse -- in a hospital bed in a coma or something, with no family or friends there to support him. If Kanen could take the time to visit Neck Tie while he was in hospital, he owed it to him to return the favour. Who knows? If they found him, they might even get to see Star Wars again with him or something. . .

After all, they were probably the only people at school who ever cared about Kanen, and if they didn’t go, who else would?

So they agreed to go, but not today. She said she’d pick him up in the morning, after his dad had left for work. No way Dad would ever let him go if he found out about this.

* * *​

Neck Tie felt queasy the rest of the day, which he hid by pretending to be upset about the suspension. Boston? He didn’t even know how far away that was from Maine. He didn’t think it would be that far. That night he went on Google Maps and looked it up. OK, so he was wrong and it turns out it was quite far. Like a four hour drive. Bloody hell! He pulled his hair nervously. But the girl said they could do it in a day. His dad was usually at work all day on Tuesdays and not home till late, so they had time to make the trip without him ever finding out about it.

He got barely any sleep that night, anxious about the upcoming trip and the fact that they were keeping it a secret. He’d never lied to his dad like this before. He’d never even left the state, let alone Westbrook, prior to this. The night filled him with regret. No, this was a bad, bad idea. He’d cancel the trip the first thing in the morning.

He figured he’d just tell her he couldn’t go or something, that he caught the flu or the black death or whatever. What was the worst that could happen? She’d think he was a coward like ‘beanie bitch’ Jace — but at least he wouldn’t be dead. What if they got into a car crash on the highway or something, like in Final Destination? What if they got mugged in Boston and chopped up into little pieces?

But he was stuffing things into his backpack all the while as he was thinking this. Things like his water flask, an issue of the Amazing Spider-Man (in case they got stuck in the Boston traffic) and sunglasses he never wore. Yet he was so nervous he forgot the Kit Kats. Which wasn’t a very good sign, since he never forgets them Kit Kats. The boy combed his hair, splashed his armpits and face with Dad's expensive cologne, cycled through his whole wardrobe, slapped his watch on his wrist, grabbed his favourite orange jacket and went out the door. Then he ran back inside again because his socks didn't match. Finally he was in the parking lot waiting for the girl showed up in her car. Yes. A girl. He was actually going on a road trip with a girl.

a z u l a a z u l a

Last edited:
Ash
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e4c7265346743343350343641673d3d2d3533393637363938332e313531363532396130303134393163353435383434363937373935342e676966

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm for sure sticking around, but we'll see." Ash shrugged as if it was no big deal, as if she wasn't bothered by the ever looming idea that she could be ripped from Westbrook and sent back to private school. It wasn't worth worrying about, even though the fear was constantly eating away at the back of her mind. Ash had kind of come to love this school, and she couldn't imagine school without Grace or Ryder by her side, or any of her other friends. Although, well, things were still complicated between her and Ryder.

"Anyway, you're going to kill yourself studying for this." She leaned over and carefully closed out of the presentation before looking back at Jace, a faint smile on her lips. "We'll be fine. There's nothing we can do now, anyway, so... might as well stop killing yourself studying for something that we can't change now." Well, that's the way she saw it. The morning of, Ash never looked at her presentations or assignments. There was no point. It was time to relax, and wait, and see what would happen.

Plus, with this presentation, she was confident. Ash leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest and took in a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them back up and looking towards Jace once again. She laughed when he mentioned being scared he'd have to turn it in alone. "Like I'd leave my favorite partner to turn this in alone. Please." Ash scoffed. "Nothing was going to keep me form turning in this presentation and making sure you didn't do something to mess it up." She said, teasingly.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

2851C73D-9445-44F8-8ACE-9D09617FA45E.jpeg
The first order of business in setting up the little operation here in Westbrook would be developing a clientele base. Sure, most the drugs shipped into Westbrook would just be shipped south, but having a little extra pocket money couldn’t hurt. Besides, it wouldn’t be hard. Westbrook was a shit show, there was no shortage of addicts to support Kanen’s little business here, you only had to know where to find them. Luckily for Kanen, he’d spent half his life dragging his stepmother out of crackhouses and back alleys. He knew every nook and cranny, all the little places where dealers and possible customers met. Kanen’s trouble wouldn’t be finding a spot to sell, it’s just be choosing where would be the most profitable place to sell.

Sitting in the driver’s seat of his car, Kanen slowly drove around town, scanning the back alleys and forgotten parks for anyone that might be looking to buy. His eyes caught sight of a pair wandering down an alleyway. That wasn’t particularly alarming, but a familiar face caught his attention. June. They’d met only once, at party, but she had seemed so innocent before. What was she doing here now of all places, when she should be in school too.

Kanen parked the car several blocks away and began his short walk. Coming the end of the alleyway, Kanen stopped and watched as June pulled a bottle from her bag, apparently to share with some boy.

“Shouldn’t you two be in school?” Kanen teased, slowly walking down alley way towards the two. “Or have you two decided to have a little rebellious streak, day drinking in public?” Kanen flashed a practiced smile, but it’d be dangerous to mistake him for a friend. This was business.

Kanen didn’t need friends.
Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Moonshadow Moonshadow
~

Dian stood, deciding that this wasn’t going to go anywhere. “Look, you’re entitled to have your opinions. But that paper is going to get you an F. I hope you’ve got some damn good sources to try and support your argument. I wouldn’t quote anyone associated with art anything like that. A teacher will take it as a biased opinion.”

With that, Dian left, wandering off to his own studies somewhere else in the library.

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkak7u80rk1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace was more than glad they were getting along, and it brought a sense of relief to her. Refocusing her thoughts on Sawyer, oh. She actually wanted Grace to meet her aunt. Well, she didn't think she didn't want her to. With a quick glance at the gloves on her hand, It's just... feels like an extremely bad time to meet her. Might be a little weird to explain to your girlfriend’s family why you’re wearing gloves at dinner. “Uh, hopefully I could. I think David has some... cooking thing he wanted me to help out with.” Hey, look that sounded convincing. She was proud of her lie, not that lies are something to be proud of... but she’s doing this to help them both out so. If it’s in good faith... it’s totally fine. Right?

Almost surprised when she invited Theo, but not so much at the same time. “Mmhm. I have great taste in people.” Despite the hardass Sawyer thinks she is, she’s a secret sweetheart who’d be kind to whoever deserved it. Which was only one of the things she loved about her, smiling about being reminded of WestBrook’s daily drama, which she was so ready to get away from, but it’s like they kept getting sucked into everything that wasn’t important. Conflict wasn’t fun, which reminded her she should talk to Ash. Her smile faded when Theo mentioned her mother. “You don’t know the half of it.” Shaking her head at the thought of it.

But it’s fine. Kate will get over it, there wasn’t anyway she’s going to lose Sawyer if she had anything to say about it. It’s never gonna happen for as long as she wants her. “Just stay away if you see my mother, I’m uninterested in being reminded that I dated a boy.” Ouch. That’s probably a bit much, okay. She was a little annoyed today, “Uh. No offense.” Offering an apologetic smile his way, and turning towards Sawyer, hesitating for a mere moment.

“A maybe on the dinner?”
It would’ve been a yes. If... she’d found the ring by now.

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree

Raven
tumblr_inline_pk5jr9m4G51tkzrhy_250.gif

“Maybe. But this time I actually... enjoyed boring.” Maybe not enjoyed the ice, but Alaska was definitely something she found herself more than enjoying, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion when he’d thought Alaska had did something, oh. No, no, she meant about the week. The date was totally great. Besides the whole thanksgiving thing she sprung on her. “I haven’t slept much. Working a lot.” Realizing she might’ve gotten a little too comfortable in the conversation and let that slip, no one knew where Raven worked and she’d like to keep it that way. Quickly changing the subject before he had a chance to question her about it. “Uh, and I entered that writing contest Mrs.. whatever her name is told us about.” Raven... believe it or not, had an extremely difficult time writing. It’s just everything she did was terrible, borrowing the computer from the kid next door wasn’t ideal, but if she wins a new computer would definitely be a good use of the money, well, after the bills and stuff.

Rolling her eyes and quickly squashing an amused smile when he decided to change his very obvious status, what? He was the lesser Rivera... and she didn’t want him to know she considered him a friend, or... whatever. Raising an eyebrow when he started talking about some girl who showed up at his doorstep which was definitely something Raven had a small part in. But she wasn’t going to tell him she gave his address to a complete stranger, wincing when he mentioned she was rich, even if her... Alaska, was rich doesn’t mean she automatically liked people who had wealth, most of them were selfish and stuck up. But she was different. Raven wasn’t complaining in anyway, well, she was. Just not about Alaska. “I’m sorry you didn't find your brother.” It was completely sincere, whoever thought she was heartless was just stupid. If she’s being honest with herself, Raven doesn’t make it a habit to ever show she cares... so if it shows. Well, good for them.

“Weird day, maybe. But puppies aren’t so bad, huh?” Grinning his way, and bumping her shoulder softly into his to catch his attention. She wasn’t in a good mood, but this conversation wasn’t that bad at all. Their small moment of... whatever this was, got cut short by the principal calling her in. After muttered curses under her breath, and her mother’s as Nona spoke, she’d tried to tell her it wasn’t her fault and she didn’t start it... but it was kind of hard to when Raven basically got away from the fight unscathed. Surprisingly, Andrea complied... for the first few moments before she started screaming at the woman and Raven wanted to die in that moment.

Apologies were exchanged after going back and forth with their arguments, and she got three weeks like everyone else. Walking out of the office and avoiding eye-contact with everyone who probably thought Raven and her mother was a mess, and walking off. “Thanks for that. Really.” The sarcasm was extremely strong. A few moments of complete slience while she walked to her locker. “...I don’t know if I’ll make it today.” Andrea said, and Raven didn’t give her a reply, it wasn’t even her idea to invite her. It was Nancy’s, if she didn’t want to be there it’s fine. Whatever. “Yeah, okay. Enjoy shooting up whatever you’re on now.” That was harsh, and she probably shouldn’t of said it. Especially since her mother seemed clean now. Andrea hestitated and looked like she was about to say something but decided against it. Walking away without another word as Raven went through her locker... a little angier than normal.

Winona Winona

Shawn March Orozco

rVoM-n.gif

"Out of the bottle is the best way to do it, anyway." Shawn popped the cap off, having a quick taste. "Tastes like paint thinner, that's how you can tell it's the good shit." Then another, longer swig before passing it back to June. "I'm Shawn, I'm in the senior class. Which is good, my mom doesn't believe in college so after this I'm done with school forever." His hands entered his pockets as he leaned against the wall. "I've definitely heard your name once... Jane or something? God, I'm becoming an old fucking man with Alzheimer's or dementia or some shit."

They certainly hadn't met before, but Shawn knew names. He knew people. He knew things. That was just the kind of person he was. Nosy? A busybody? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. There was nothing wrong with it if it meant sticking with a safe crowd and not getting murdered. And... some guy was approaching them. Another incredibly vaguely familiar face, but he couldn't even attach a name to this one. So much for having all the know-how regarding Westbrook.

"I'm assuming you haven't heard, random stranger man, but like, a hundred fucking people got suspended. They'd probably just have us watch movies." Some men have tattoos to compensate for something. Like a lack of love, or a fear of conflict, or a small penis or something. Exhibit A. Shawn didn't say anything though, he didn't want to get shot or shanked or bludgeoned. All these dealers and cokeheads, they were armed to the eyeballs, probably in case a narc showed up or if they wanted money from random passers by. It didn't really matter why, all that mattered was the fact itself. Hell, even Shawn carried a pocketknife, though it was mostly for show.

"But I guess calling it rebellion sounds a hell of a lot cooler."

Interactions: Moonshadow Moonshadow High5ives High5ives

DB78D71E-C34F-43FF-82C5-2E047A9085DC.gif
June
She smiled a little when he said it was good. She prayed it was. She didn’t want to spend money on something that was a joke. She waited until he was done before gingerly taking the bottle and guzzling it down herself. She coughed for a moment, not used to the taste, but covered her mouth as she watched him talk. “It must be nice to already have your foot out the door. I can’t wait until I’m done too.” She mentioned, moving the bottle around in her hand. “It’s June. And of course you heard my name.” She said with a small roll of her eyes. “I’m the June’s blog girl who messed up everything, right? Yeah. I heard it before.” Her anger was prevalent which is why she took another drink to calm herself down. “But it doesn’t matter. The bridges have been burned and all the wood is gone. I’m sorry I haven’t heard about you, Shawn. How long have you lived in Westbrook?”

Just as she was about to hand over the bottle, she hesitated when she saw the boys eyes look off. When she followed them, a spike of fear made her almost drop the bottle. She stepped away, not sure who it was for a moment. She glared at Shawn, shocked by his calm nature. “Shut up.” She whispered fiercely under her breath. Before she looked back and paused. His voice, his face. It looked like... no, he wouldn’t be here? Right? “Kanen?” She said suprised. Then she frowned as she kept looking at him. “Kanen. Of course.” He was already on the deep end before. Perhaps, he just went all the way. Granted, she didn’t know him well. Only a infamous name and she tried to help. Only once until he broke Mason’s leg. But now, maybe it was for the better. “Can I ask what the hell you’re doing here of all places?”

High5ives High5ives Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Kanen’s eyes moved between the pair quickly, taking a inventory of what he could see. The boy, with that cocky confidence of his, seemed to fit in here. He was at ease with the thugs and wannabe gang-bangers that patrolled these neighborhoods. June being here was somewhat surprising though. He had seen the way fear had struck her when she saw him. June didn’t belong here. Kanen was certain she was just lashing out over something, pretending to be some tough bad-ass bitch. Kanen knew, because he had been in that same stupid mindset. A few months before, and Kanen would’ve taken pity on her...That was before though. Now, June was an opportunity.

“Well that’s exactly the type of welcome I was expecting.” Kanen said as he walked closer. He didn’t pay much attention to the guy. Kanen didn’t know him, and he didn’t care to. June was the one that was going to go spiraling out of control, all she needed was a little nudge.

When Kanen was close enough, he snatched the bottle from June’s hand, turning it ever so slightly to look at the label. A chuckle rolled out from the back of his throat. “My dad used to drink this shit.” Kanen said, holding the cheap bottle of sweet liqueur, swirling it around. “He bought it because it was fucking cheap. That really what you two want to be stuck bumming around with?” Kanen asked, tossing the bottle to the side and watching it shatter on the concrete. “If you want to get fucked up, I’ll get you two your shit. Good shit, not that garbage. Fair price too.” Kanen offered, standing with his hands in his pockets. “All you gotta do is ask.”

Shawn March Orozco

UnacceptableDaringAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

"You know this guy? Did he go to our school? I knew he looked familiar."

Judging by the man's appearance -- Kanen, apparently -- he probably either dropped out or got expelled for dealing. Shawn knew a dealer when he saw one, and he saw them much more often than he should've been. He silently eyed Kanen up and down, nonverbally consuming every inch of his appearance. He dwarfed Shawn pretty easily, both in height and figure, not that Shawn had any intention of taking him on unless he tried some bullshit. God knows, the women who ended up in this area were usually seen as less than subhuman. A sad truth.

His eyes widened a bit as Kanen took their booze and tossed it behind him. The shattering hurt his ears. Shawn nudged a shoulder slightly in front of June, just in case. It probably wasn't worth it, protecting someone he barely knew, but if something happened it'd weigh on his conscience forever, no doubt. Though... the lure of that good shit did pique his interests. Shawn's brow was furrowed, but he wasn't completely out.

"...What kind of good shit and what price are we talking here. You're not a narc, are you?"

Always good to ask.

C2372744-3175-445D-B23A-7789F23E8275.gif
June
She frowned at his reply. She was tempted to ask again until he made strides over to her. She backed away already. “He left a while ago. Thought he dropped out and left.” She said quickly to Shawn before shutting her mouth when Kanen got close and proceeded to snatch her bottle away. She couldn’t do much besides shouting “hey!” She had no choice, but to stand there as he utterly insulted her before throwing the bottle. Her eyes widened as the bottle exploded on the concrete.

Who the hell does he think he is? She wondered, the rage she was trying to calm coming back again until she looked over at Shawn who, somewhat got between the two. She looked away from him as he seemed to talk up a game. Her eyes staying on the fragments of bottles and droplets clinging to sharp edges. Cheap. Of course it was cheap. She couldn’t do anything else and he was insulting her for it. She didn’t hear what the two said fully. She didn’t move her eyes away as she said. “Where is it?”

Mason
15336704.gif

Raven had a job? Well, it's not like it was a surprise, or anything that Mason was even really interested in. Where they lived, kids their age almost had to have a job. Or, at least, in Mason's situation he did. Living without a job was as good as waiting for yourself to starve to death, in a box on the side of the street or something equally as pitiful. What did catch his attention was when she mentioned a writing contest and for a moment, Mason remembered that horrific news article that she'd written about him and Kanen. But that was in the past.

"Writing contest?" Mason echoed with a little grin. "Rivera, I didn't know you were into writing contests. I bet you'll win." He thought back to her news article and although it had pissed him off in more ways than one, it had been nicely written. Not that Mason would ever say that aloud or anything. And at mention of Drake, he just shifted in his chair uncomfortably but say nothing on the subject. Talking about Drake when he was gone in fucking who knows where only worked to make Mason upset. "No big deal. He'll be fine.

And then Raven was getting called in, so Mason returned to his seat beside his mother. They waited until Mason watched as Raven and who he guessed was her mother exited, and then they were called in afterwards. Mason sucked in a deep breath, and then the two stepped in. Mason's mother didn't try to argue, instead agreeing that he deserved to be suspended, so he only got two weeks. Score. Drake, on the other hand, was facing possible expulsion, although after a little bit of talking with their mother, Nona agreed to just turn it into a suspension... which would be starting now. Even though, well, Drake was missing, but Mason's mother just said he was sick.

Once they were walking out, Mason's mother said she heading to the bar (figures), so the two parted ways. He started to head back into the school to gather his belongings from his locker although to be fair, Mason didn't keep anything valuable in his locker. Instead, he was just kind of bored and wanted to wander. And eventually, his wandering led him over to Raven's locker, where he leaned against the locker next to hers. "You seem angry. Is a few weeks off from school not to your liking?"

Soap Soap

C36036C8-3B7C-4B85-AA97-2940A8611902.gif
At the mention of being a narc, Kanen let a deep sigh, momentarily rubbing the back of his neck in frustration. If he had learned anything from his time in Boston, it was new habits. Being called a narc or rat was worse than anything else, at least in Kanen. The idea that someone thought he was pretending to be anyone other than himself was mildly infuriating. Kanen stepped forward, cocking his right arm back ever so slightly before bounding it into the boy’s gut, just below the ribs. His left hand held the kid’s shoulder, keeping him from doubling over. “Call me a narc one more time, and I’ll have your body cut into ten pieces and scattered across the Boston harbor...” Kanen growled, lowering his voice as he spoke into the guy’s ear.

He pushed the boy back, separating himself from the kid before straightening out his hair. “If you want something worth fucking buying, follow me.” Kanen spoke, taking a few steps down the alleyway towards his car. He wasn’t sure if the boy would come, but he was sure June would. The way she froze up, staring at the bottle, something was wrong with her. Kanen could see plain as day.

As such, Kanen didn’t even bother checking to see if she would follow. Even after hitting her little friend, Kanen had no doubt June would be on his heels. On that same note, Kanen didn’t expect the kid to try hit him back while his back was turned. After all, the boy seemed to know these parts, and anyone with half a brain knew you had to be careful who you fucked with.

Ash may have shrugged at the prospect of disappearing to another school, but Jace's thoughts on the matter weren't so cavalier. Did she seriously not care? A bit weird, considering how much of a people person she was. Then again isn't that exactly how he would act? She wasn't making it a big deal, just mentioning the issue in passing before moving on to something more pleasant. It was smart, not worrying about something she probably couldn't control. She was smart.

Jace watched with admiration as she changed the subject. He could feel his breath catch his throat when the girl leaned over, clicking something on his computer. Presumably she had closed the presentation, revealing his video game inspired desktop background. Admittedly he was a little self conscious about it. Normally he wouldn't be, in fact normally he'd more than eager to talk someone's ear off about the fictional woman on his screen, but this was Ash he was sitting next to. There was something awkward about a girl he liked seeing the picture of a character who he, well, kind of liked? It was a different kind of like, one that he'd probably be ridiculed for if he ever admitted to it. Even if it was founded almost entirely on how fun the character in question was to fight. Well... Also her formal looking attire, also her accent, also-

Actually it was probably a bad idea to think too hard about that. Besides, he had a real girl sitting right next to him. The best real girl. So Jace didn't acknowledge the picture on the screen, keeping his focus on the cheerleader and her words. "Glad to know you have my back." He commented, his expression shifting into something a little more sarcastic. As if he would do something to mess it up. Jace was kidding of course, grinning only a couple moments after. There was just no way he could pretend to be anything less than happy with her. Especially with the way his heart was racing, fueling an airy sensation through his whole body. Did Ash just call him her favorite partner? Probably just a turn of phrase, but it still made him feel like he was on cloud nine.

There was a more serious thought embedded among all the excitement of sitting next to her, however. An eagerness leftover from before she'd shown up. "Hey, speaking of turning it in..." Jace reflexively cast a glance at the computer again, meeting the character's eye for a moment before turning his piercing blue gaze back to Ash. "Were you wanting to do the talking for the presentation, or...?" Truth be told, all of that just in case preparation he'd been doing actually made him kinda-maybe-sorta-definitely want to actually follow through and do that part of the project himself. The only issue was how Ash might feel about the idea...

Winona Winona

Shawn March Orozco

tenor.gif

Well fuck, that wasn't necessary at all.

And it wasn't like Shawn had never been punched in the stomach. Hell, normally he could predict that kind of thing in a match. But this was not a match, this was right the fuck out of nowhere. And then he got a consolation hand on his shoulder. Pain and pleasure, that's the game. He had to get all the air in his guts back before he could speak, as it was knocked out of him.

"I just asked. Jesus..."

It was clear that this guy was that kind of dealer. You know, not the chill ones who give you discounts on weed. At this point, Shawn wasn't even sure why he decided to follow the guy. Was it morbid curiosity, or was he really just as much of a druggie as his parents? Or was it just his weird I'm the goodest popular kid at this school thing telling him to keep his eye on a girl he'd only heard questionable things about? That was stupid, but he was still following as soon as he caught his breath. This guy, this complete stranger, had just disappeared off the face of the earth and reappeared to sell drugs to high school students? It seemed false. All too false.

He looked back at June, cocking his head towards Kanen a bit before following behind him. Even if they both died or something, it was probably better than being at school right now. What a world, where getting blasted by a drug dealer is a preferable option.

EBC68BC9-EEDE-46F8-A4A2-1355BA266FA1.gif
June
She covered a hand over her mouth as pure shock took over for a moment. She stayed back once again, even though she couldn’t get far and watched Kanen threaten Shawn. She didn’t have the courage to even say anything to him. She was afraid of who this new Kanen was. And by his threat, what he was capable of.

However, apart of her was lured by the idea of something better. Better. She wanted better. She wanted relief from this internal hell. Better, better, better. She moved to follow him, her fear like an ocean where she kept swimming to keep from drowning. She kept her eyes trained on the back of Kanen’s head for while until he looked back. She turned her eyes to Shawn and down at his stomach, he seemed okay at least.

“Are you taking us somewhere?” She dared to ask as she looked at his car. Unless, the stuff was inside. Wait, his car. She paused for a moment as she looked at the expensive car. No way anyone in this town had enough money for that. Once again a small spike of fear as she looked at him. She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped as she remembered what he did to Shawn. Where were you?

Kanen’s car looked awfully out of place, tucked into a decrepit alley way away from sight. The sparked to life when Kanen hit the keypad, the lights flashed once, and then the trunk opened. “First shit will be free, compensation for the trash you two were trying choke down before.” Kanen said. In reality, he was only offering anything free because Kanen was only offering free booze and drugs because he wanted them to come back for more, or better, tell their friends. This was just marketing, a cheap way to get word out.

Deep down. Way down there in the pits of his stomach, Kanen felt a ping of guilt. He knew this was wrong. He was walking June down a path of addiction, and yet, Kanen was still going to do it. He would watch her destroy herself, and for what? Money? Power in the Mafia? What? Kanen didn’t know. He honestly had no fucking idea why he was doing any of this.

A black duffel bag sat in the trunk of the car, a padlock holding the zippers closed. A turn of the knob, and Kanen had the lock off, and the bag held wide open. He reached inside, pulling out two bottles of whiskey, and sandwich bag filled with little white pills. This was his own personal supply, but Kanen wasn’t worried about it, he could get more easily enough.

“There’s a catch. You want this shit, you take a pill now. Assurance you aren’t gonna run and snitch.” Kanen said, opening up the plastic and taking out two pills. It was just Xanax, nothing crazy. But it’d be enough to hopefully get them both addicted, and get them to come back for more...

“Go ahead.” He spoke, holding out the two pills in a open palm.

Ash
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e4c7265346743343350343641673d3d2d3533393637363938332e313531363532396130303134393163353435383434363937373935342e676966

Ash noticed the screen saver of some... warrior video game woman or something, but didn't say anything. She'd seen worse laptop backgrounds and to be honest, she could've cared less. Instead, her eyes moved back to his when he asked about the presentation. "If you want to do the talking, be my guest. I don't mind doing it, but if you want to, go ahead." For all her bravado or... whatever, Ash really didn't like having the spotlight on her.

Which, of course, was a bit ironic considering her lead role in their stupid, very terrible school play. But it wasn't like she'd wanted to be the star, she'd be tossed into it by Grace, and who was she to tell her best friend no? To be honest, she'd actually been fairly excited about the musical, but then everything had gone down. God. She still remembered how terrible she'd felt the next morning after both the high faded, and the hangover set in.

At least that was behind her and for once, all Ash had on this beautiful Monday to worry about was schoolwork. What could possibly go wrong to ruin her day? For once, there was nothing that she could think of, anyway, that would leave her in a bad mood or ruin her now very fragile reputation. And she was sure it showed while she sat with Jace. "Oh! By the way, thanks for hanging out with me Saturday. I had a lot of fun."

A confident, enthusiastic expression blossomed onto Jace's face. "Perfect!" He chimed, maybe a little too happy about the prospect of doing something school related. "We're definitely getting an A on this." To him Ash was practically the pinnacle of stellar presentation. An ace actress and, in his opinion, an even better speaker. There was something really encouraging about getting the go ahead from her. Although that might've just been because she was Ash. She had a special gift for setting off wonderfully pretty sparks inside his head. So much so that she immediately outdid herself only seconds later.

Jace's eyes almost literally lit up as the words left her mouth. It was probably just some innocent comment, he knew that, but still. He swore he could actually hear his heart pounding. His jaw even fell open for a moment before he remembered they were still in a conversation, quickly making use of it to say something before he spent too long staring. "Um... Yeah! Me too!" Jace didn't even have to think about grinning to follow up his response, it just happened. As did the next words to come out of his mouth. "We could do it again if you wanted. Hang out, I mean." Okay, that wouldn't do. Words were never as fun when he didn't think them through. "Y'know, if you have free time or something. Might give us something to do when there's no parties to crash."

Winona Winona

Shawn March Orozco

tumblr_inline_o6u8i2eZL01ssflgq_400.gif

Just one xan?

Shawn took one of the pills, eyeing it up as if it just spoke to him. One xan? That's it? He'd huffed juuls that hit harder than these things. After all, they were prescribed to people. Maybe it was a really high dose? Or... somehow cut with something? Doused in LSD or liquid cocaine or some shit? Or maybe Kanen really just wanted them to share the guilt with him, so if they outed him, they'd be outing themselves as well.

He'd been around the block enough times to know that combining drugs would simply enhance the effects of both, so being drunk and on xans would probably have him napping on a sidewalk. Two depressants meant, well, being way too chilled out for your own good. Which would be fine if this creep wasn't here, but, well, he was.

At the same time, Shawn's inner druggie was saying, Take the pill! Dumbass!

Shawn worked up a bit of saliva in his mouth and swallowed the pill dry, looking largely unfazed.

"Thank you." It was flat and reluctant, but he wasn't one to ignore basic etiquette. "June, if you don't wanna take one of these we can just share one bottle, it's no big deal." Sure, she'd probably snorted coke off of a man's crack at this point, but Shawn liked to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't do as many drugs as his fucking mess of a family did.

15AFD654-B91D-4256-8A77-6518CCA647C7.gif
June
June frowned as he pulled out a duffle bag, knowing exactly what they were getting into now. She watched as he pulled out the pills and looked over at Shawn then to the contents in his wide open hands. She frowned a bit as Shawn took the pill and gulped it down.

She didn’t trust it. However, her hand reached out nervously. Her fingers retreating and going forward. She was at a crossroads. Her heart was beating so fast. She didn’t know what to do. Everything was telling her no and she couldn’t help, but take a look up at him before snatching the pill. She opened her mouth.

Then, promptly threw the pill as far as she could. “No thank you.” She said and crossed her arms. Sure one pill wasn’t a lot, but she wanted to show that she didn’t like how he threw her drink like that, cheap or not. Sure, she wanted it better, but she knew she wouldn’t find satisfaction like this. There had to be something else. And she liked alcohol. “I really don’t care what you’re trying to do. Cheap or not, you shouldn’t ruin something I paid for.” Rage in every word she spoke. Then she took in a breath and let it out. “But, I really do want a good drink... but that’s it.” She said shaking her head and crossing her arms.

Ash

An A sounded perfect. Maybe that would be enough to convince her parents that staying here would be fine, and she was getting an amazing education or... something. And then Jace was offering to hangout again sometime, and Ash couldn't help but give a faint smile. "I'd love to hangout sometime. It was way better than trying to stop some stupid fight." Because yes, as much as she loved Ryder, their interactions always seemed to end with him having a broken something.

Her phone then beeped with some Twitter notification, and Ash pulled her phone out, and was surprised to see Kanen's face staring back at her. God, she hardly recognized him, even though it had only been a couple months since Ash had seen him. And yeah, she was both angry at him given what their last interaction had been, but also thrilled to know he was back... until she finished reading what the post said. Mafia ties. Of course.

"Umm... I'm going to go. Gotta put my stuff away before class and what not. But I'll see you in class to rock that presentation." Ash said with a pleasant smile to Jace, then stood up and swung her backpack back on. She looked down at the phone in her hand, sending a quick Tweet and started to make her way towards the locker, while answering anyone that replied to her.

The guy took the pill, which was, well, unsurprising. His easy willingness to take it made him a potential point of profit, something Kanen was sure to note. “I can get more. Stronger shit, shit other than Xans. Just gotta ask.” Kanen offered as June took the pill from his hand.

This was what he was really interested in. Just how deep had June gone while Kanen had been in Boston? He could see her considering things, that inner turmoil tugging this way and that, it really looked like she was going to take the pill—until she didn’t. Kanen really shouldn’t have been surprised. Going from cheap alcohol to illegal prescriptions was kinda a big jump. Her reaction to it was what really got him though. The way she just threw it aside, immediately going into a short but heated rant. Kanen laughed, to himself mostly, like there was some inside joke only he knew. Slowly, he set the two bottles down on the ground right at his feet.

“June, you’re headed towards some real fucked territory.” Kanen warned. He meant it as a legitimate warning. June was going down a dark path, and Kanen could see it. However, Kanen’s tone made it come off as a threat. He didn’t back away from the bottles as he stood there, arms crossed over a muscular chest. “You want your drinks, grab them and get the fuck out of here. I got shit to do.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back