• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Charlie McAllister
There's a song in my head: Untrust Us - Crystal Castles

p_NEAQ.gif

Chinese Funeral was not just a garage band.

Charlie had put at least a year of his blood, sweat and tears into his two-man band. Writing, recording, editing, drawing the cover for an album that wasn't even done. He'd put in the work. He'd put in the goddamn time.

"Most people don't go into jobs where they use anything. Becoming an artist is probably as difficult as becoming an acclaimed scientist or something, usually the best you'll get is becoming a teacher. And, what with the rise of the internet, it's actually way easier to start a career in the arts." Despite the firmness in his tone, Charlie still refused eye contact. Eyes were the scariest part of a face. They couldn't harm you, but they could see and reveal everything.

"Picasso wasn't born making cubist pieces. In fact, I think he also said something about how you 'have to learn the rules before you can break them'. How are you supposed to learn the rules if not given an opportunity? Why is it optional to take art, but not calculus? I haven't got any use for calculus. People measure each other based on whether they can do math, but some of the smartest people are just awful at it. Freddie Mercury was a genius, but he wasn't a mathematician or historian or anything like that. Picasso didn't need a thorough understanding of trigonometry before he created Guernica."

He swallowed. And rose his voice, just a bit.

"And- and I haven't funneled two years of my life into the recording process for some stranger to call my group a 'garage band'!"

Interactions: High5ives High5ives

CBD2E15A-AB34-4238-9E74-0B8E357FEA58.gif
June
She didn’t expect anyone else to join them. She frowned a bit at this new person as she proceeded to call her a grumpy redhead. The idea made her think back to Adriane when they first met. Which then continued to keep the low burn of hatred within her as she smiled slightly at this girl, Belle. “Hi.” She said with a mumble. Then looked back at Zach and glowered at him. He knew exactly what she was doing and was acting high and mighty about it. He doesn’t even know the beginning of her trouble. She wanted to slap him, but instead she placed a hand on the locker. “If you have all this good advice. Then maybe you should listen to some of it and back off.” She said tilting her head up at him before turning to look at Belle. “And if you’re new, you’re not going to be dragged through the dirt. Hell, maybe you should just drop out now. I can show you the front doors again.” So many people. All of them just iratating her, but not. A part of her was wondering why the hell they would approach her considering she slammed a locker door. It seemed ballsy. But here they were. And here she was. Stuck.

Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree

Theodore Presley

Mood: Shocked| Interacting with: Grace, Sawyer |Mentions: Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

It had been a while since Theo had received one of Grace's famous koala bear hugs. He had to admit it was one of his favourite types of hugs. The only thing that kind of put him off a bit was the girl she was talking to was looked quite displeased. Eh, oh well. He hadn't seen his 'Berry' in months so he was going to get his damn hug. Didn't matter if she was talking to the queen he would interrupt it to get a damn hug from his best friend. "I got back yesterday but I spent it sleeping off my jet lag," he explained, making sure she didn't fall as she released him from the hug.

"I don't come empty handed though," he said, pulling the neatly wrapped pink box from behind his back. Had almost dropped it when she tackled him? Maybe. but he still managed to keep the pretty box from being squished. After handing Grace the present he turned his attention to the girl, sawyer who was now introducing herself. "Nice to meet- Wait what" he paused in the middle of shaking sawyer's hand. AS GRACE'S GIRLFRIEND! "Whaa? You mean- she you- you she... what. I was in France and you-" he sputtered out, trying to wrap his head around what Sawyer had just said. His Gracie was gay? Huh. He calmly turned to Grace, put his hands on her shoulders and proceeded to gently shake her. "You're gay and I'm just finding this out now? This is something you call me for" he then released her and pouted a little.

Theo then realised he should probably answer the question she had asked before he flipped out. "We have been best friends since... God, it feels like forever" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. Should he mention the fact that they dated as well? Why not. I mean she said that they were dating out of the blue so it only seems fair. "We dated for a while when we were fourteen but I didn't work out. Now I know why" he said giving Grace a playful glare. Then poking her in the ticklish spot of her side for good measure. "And you didn't even mention me to your girlfriend. Yep, you're definitely fired"
code by Ri.a

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkak7u80rk1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grabbing the present and raising an eyebrow at him disapprovingly, he didn’t have to get her anything, opening the gift right as Sawyer continued to introduce herself and Grace almost visibly winced when she mentioned that she was her girlfriend, she was supposed to throw that part in, but Theo didn’t exactly know yet. Glancing towards them both while he was trying to figure it all out. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to tell him, he just... didn’t have to know, he was in France and she didn’t think he was gonna come back. So why go through the whole... ‘Hey I’m gay’ thing again when it didn’t go so well the first time.

Sure, it surprisingly did with Ash. But she couldn’t compare him to Ash, because... well, she’s Ash. To be completely honest she thought she was off the hook with Theo, it wasn’t like she was never going to tell him! She just... didn’t think she had to.. until like, years from now. Okay, yeah, that’s a little much. But c’mon, how would you tell your ex boyfriend you’re gay? What if... he thought it was his fault or something. Watching his reaction carefully and was taken aback when he shook her, and she felt gulity at his words. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. It was kinda... uh... a secret until a few months ago.” Rubbing the back of the neck sheepishly, he answered Sawyer’s question which was another thing she probably should’ve done. What was up with her today?

Theo continued to ramble and she was surprised was... kinda ignoring the bomb that’d been dropped on him, and well, that was completely okay with Grace. He was obviously going to be okay with it. He had two moms, which of course... something her own mother didn’t love. So when they dated she might’ve tried to keep it a secret from her, it didn’t last long because obviously Kate knows all. However, Grace is sure she liked the fact about her having a boyfriend. It was a bit of relief he wasn’t... upset? Maybe? She doesn’t know, but he was cool about it. Quickly edging away when he poked her with a playful grin. “Yeah, we were really close. And... dated for a little while, but we all know by now why that whole... thing didn’t work out.” She said with the smallest of smiles.

Fired? Maybe, but let’s hope she’s not fired from the other position she’s greatly interested in. “And... I’m sorry I didn’t mention you.” That last one was directed mostly at her girlfriend, but in an attempt to not make Theo feel like he was intruding on a couplish conversation. Grace wasn’t exactly sure why she never told Sawyer about Theo either, she was sure she mentioned a boyfriend in the past, but not of Theo and she probably should’ve. Okay, yes, she should’ve done a lot of things at this point.

Because she’s Grace and makes more things even worse for herself, she opened the gift and smiled genuinely at a sight of it, taking the small pink scarf out, and throwing it on. “It’s beautiful. Thank you.” This felt like an extremely weird conversation to her right now especially when it shouldn’t be. He was just an old friend meeting her girlfriend, a friend she used to date. And who she didn’t tell her about. Grace just hoped Sawyer wasn’t upset with her.

“Hey, look! This goes with the whole... winter vibe I have going on.” ...Oh my god, does she ever know when to start or stop talking?

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree

Belle Taylor

Mood: Neautral | Interacting with: June, Zach |Mentions: Moonshadow Moonshadow Dazzle Dazzle

This guy was definitely a jock. He had that special kind of confidence she was used to seeing in the athletes from her old school. Finally something somewhat familiar after her morning of confusing chaos. Belle might have returned Zach’s flirty smile if June hadn’t taken that moment to go off on them. Sure she had kind have expected a little snapping but this girl was in a worse mood than she had thought. It would probably be best to leave her alone to calm down. ”I just transferred so I don't plan on dropping out. I do hope we can have lunch sometime but we’ll leave you to it” she said, smiling softly.

With that, she took ahold of Zach’s arm and lead him away from the firecracker. ”I think she might need to be left alone for a bit,” she said, letting her arm drop back to her side. Approaching her again, later on, seemed like a better idea than staying around while she was like that. They passed by the students who were getting expelled. She spotted Mason with someone who looked like his mother but no Drake. He must be still off somewhere doing god knows what. “So, what sport do you play? Because you are giving me very strong jock vibes” she teased. Kind of wondering if they had the same sports at this school as her old one. It was kind of weird cheering for some of the more obscure sports they had run. Football had to be her favourite to cheer for just because it was so exciting. “Hopefully I’ll be able to cheer for you. If the Cheer captain lets me audition late that is”

code by Ri.a

Sawyer

This whole conversation was getting weirder by the second. It was revealed that this very....energetic boy was in fact Grace's best friend but also her ex at the same time and jesus she didn't know how people did that. Take Natalie for example, that did not end very well and she was pretty sure Natalie hated her for a little bit, but that seemed to all have gone away now because her life was falling apart. But she supposed that didn't count because Natalie was literally a psycho. Anyway, this Theo guy didn't seem like a psycho so maybe that was why they were still friends. But there had also been...okay no, she didn't count either. Maybe Sawyer had just dated a bunch of psychos before Grace. Huh. A lot of things made a whole lot more sense now.

Sawyer blinked and drew herself back into the events unfolding in front of her. Theo had given Grace a gift and Sawyer found herself chuckling when she pulled out a pink scarf. Okay, so that was a pretty good gift for her. Everything was fine. Theo was fine. There was absolutely no reason to be jealous at all. Sawyer sucked in a breath and shoved her hands in her pockets as Grace put the scarf on. She said some joke about it matching her winter vibe and Sawyer was suddenly reminded of the gloves. She might have decided she wasn't going to push before, but come on, they lived in Maine cold was a common thing. Hell, Sawyer didn't even think she owned a pair of gloves. Plus, they were inside and it was far from cold in the school. Sawyer was certain half the time that she might melt from how hot they kept it in some of the classrooms. Maybe she was just looking for excuses to be suspicious, but she couldn't help it.

"It does." She smiled a little, "But the gloves are still weird. It's like 70 degrees in here. I have never seen you wear gloves before, ever." Sawyer raised her eyebrows at Grace and turned to Theo with a grin, "You know, you would think someone who's lived here her whole life would be used to cold hands, huh?" Sawyer had no idea why she was so set on this. Call her paranoid, but something was off.

Soap Soap Maree Maree

Theodore Presley

Mood: Shocked| Interacting with: Grace, Sawyer |Mentions: Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Theo casually draped his arm around Graces shoulders. He didn’t really care that she was gay, he’ll both his parents were. He was just surprised at first and then dragged in on a big to get back at Grace for not telling him. He could never legitimately be upset or mad at her. She was too much of a sweetheart to stay mad at she would just hit you with those sad puppy dog eyes and Bam. “At least it means I don’t have to continue scaring off the shitty boys of Westbrook. And I’m kinda too late to try and intimidate Sawyer. So you hurt her I kill you yada yada insert the rest of the don’t hurt her speech her” he laughed, making it obvious that he was joking.

He had a nagging feeling that Sawyer didn’t like him. Did she feel intimidated by their friendship? Because that was just silly seeing as Grace was gay. He definitely was not her type but yet she kept looking at him like he had stolen her dog. It was weird. Oh well he can’t control how other people feel about him. “I’m glad you like it. Here let me” he said, taking the scarf and carefully tying it around her neck. It suited her perfectly and her apparent winter theme. Which was weird she almost never wore gloves. She was acting strange but what kind of friend would he be if he didn’t have her back? “Nah, she used to wear gloves all the time. Especially when we were kids she had this thing about touching things with her bare hands” he teased, bumping his shoulder against hers. Adding something embarrassing to a lie always made it so much more convincing.

code by Ri.a

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkak7u80rk1t9ndkh_1280.gif

"Yes, yes. Thank you." Smiling as he tied the scarf around her neck, it really was beautiful, and definitely something she would've wore. Almost a little shocking how he knew her so well. That small moment of total calm was just shattered when her amazing girlfriend decided to ask questions of course. Of course. Her small comment had gotten the attention of Sawyer, who was prying a little more than Grace wanted her to, shifting uncomfortably under Theo's arm. She loved Sawyer, really, so much. But please. Don't ask questions right now. "I've... worn gloves plenty of times." Grace stated her lie. There was hardly times where she'd ever wore gloves, she was used to the cold by now. And frankly, she liked the cold most of the time. But Sawyer didn't know that. She didn't have to right now anyway. Theo must've sensed something because he said something that was completely untrue, and genuinely amazing.

Has she said how much she loved Theo yet? No? Well, what a guy. It was a shame she wasn't straight. A real one. Not that she could ever give up Sawyer for anyone, but Theo was a real close second. Or maybe third considering the blonde took up most of her list. And that's why she's so set on not letting her know she lost the ring. Whether Sawyer believes it or not, she'll stick with this lie for as long as she has to for now. She's sticking with this damn lie. Grace would probably say she never lies, but recently it's like she could never be truthful so. Here is is. Glancing up at him and giving him the most discreet look of thanks. Really, he couldn't miss it. "Mmhm." She agreed with him with the only words that came to mind.

Clearing her throat, and quickly changing the subject. "It's great that you two met." It was! Grace wasn't sure if she could've kept the lie going without his help right there.

Thanks Theo.

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree

Rae
eDIvRT7.gif

Rae gave a half turn to the girl beside her, leaning down to help her pick up her papers. Handing them back to the small girl beside her. She watched as she signed a few words. All she was able to pick up from it was 'Sorry'. "Uh..." She said placing the papers inside the locker. "I.." She pointed to her self, "Know..." Pointing to her head, then bringing her pointer and thumb to her lips. "Little" Then signing the letters ASL. "Are you deaf?" Pointing to the girl and pointing to her ear then chin.

Rae pointed to herself again, signing her own name and asking May what hers was. This she had perfected, everything else was extremely slow and shaky whenever she tried to use it since she never had a chance to practice.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Zach

giphy.gif

Zach was shocked at what June had said, no they weren't friends but he always saw her as a quite girl. He didn't ever expect something so rude to come from her. Maybe he deserved it, but Belle, she had barely said a word to either of them, and she was being kind. He furrowed his eyebrows at June, even if she was having a shitty day, week, year, life. Whatever the hell it was, she shouldn't be taking it out on others. He pushed himself off the locker, about to say something to stop June from going off on her own rant of telling Belle to quit Westbrook, Belle had already stood up for herself.

Belle was already dragging him off he looked back quickly at the sour girl behind them, not only had Belle told the girl off, she was still more than willing to be mature about the whole situation. Letting the girl have a bad day and still offering to be cordial with her. You wouldn't find many girls like that around Westbrook. "Well, that was hot." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder back from where they came.

Zach gave a small chuckle at 'strong jock vibes' "What sport, don't I play." He smirked. "Football in the fall, basketball in the winter, lacrosse in the spring." Zach rubbed the back of his neck biting his lower lip. "Sorry, that sounded a bit cocky."

"Cheer leader huh? Can't say I'm surprised, and I don't mean that in a bad way. You just seem very sure of yourself." He wasn't making himself sound any less of an asshole. "Sorry... I'm sounding like a grade A asshole today.. Have you met Grace yet? She's incredibly nice..." Zach trailed off for a moment knowing that Grace had a mean streak if you did piss her off. "I'm sure she'd love to have you on the team, have you met her yet?" Zach almost never blabbered on like he felt like he was doing now. "I can introduce you if you haven't."

Interactions: Maree Maree Winona Winona | Mentions: Soap Soap

Sawyer

At this point Sawyer was kind of getting frustrated. It wasn't that big of a deal, and she knew that, but god damnit if she wasn't stubborn. She was going to get to the bottom of this so help her. Right now she just needed fo back off, the last thing she wanted was Grace getting mad about it or something. So, Sawyer settled on Theo's tale that she was fairly certain was probably not true, but what did she know? She'd only known Grace for a few months and they hadn't really done much learning. In fact, Sawyer realized that she barely knew anything about Grace's childhood at all. No wonder she didn't know about this whole Theo thing. Grace didn't really know too much about Sawyer's past either. That was going to be something that had to change. As soon as she found out what was actually going on with the gloves.

"I'm glad we did too." Sawyer offered Theo a smile, an actual smile not just a smirk, "Any friend of Grace's is a friend of mine." Most of the time. Though she supposed June didn't really count because she was uncertain if she was even Grace's friend. As much as she might've tried to, she just couldn't get herself to like the redhead. It wasn't because of anything she'd done, except for maybe that whole blog thing, but rather just a gut thing. Sawyer didn't have gut feelings like that very often so most of the time she just rolled with them.

"Speaking of meeting people," Sawyer nodded to Grace, "I was going to ask you if you wanted to come to dinner or something tonight? To meet my aunt." Now that Theo was here it was probably the polite thing to acknowledge his exsistance too. Truth be told, he seemed alright and what was the harm in getting to know your girlfriends best friend?

"Since you just got back to town and all, we could hang before hand?" She gestured to the three of them, "Give you the run down of everything Westbrook drama related. There sure is a hell of a lot of it. I mean, if you don't just wanna hang out with Grace that is."

Soap Soap Maree Maree

Raven
tumblr_inline_pk5jr9m4G51tkzrhy_250.gif

Raven was more than a little late, but that didn't matter because principal Nona was a total bitch and decided to call in most of the students at the play, walking with... her mother. She was the only parent she could get at the last second. "Don't talk to anyone. Don't look at anyone. Don't even say you're my mother." Odds are probably nobody knew that someone was arrested for Ryan's accident. Even... if they didn't deserve to be in jail for it. But, her mother's relationship with that guy was a terrible one. And Raven was more than sure he'd done way worse things, but he didn't deserve to get locked up for something he didn't do. "Okay. You're gonna have to calm the hell down. I dislike this attitude." Andrea spat back at her, and Raven couldn't of rolled her eyes harder.

Taking a seat near everyone else, and across from Alaska, although Raven kept eye-contact far, far away from her. She didn't want her mother to know she was seeing her, 'seeing.' Hm. That's a good term for now... she guesses anyway. Crossing her arms and waiting for... whatever she was waiting for, but she sat ways away from her mother. Her thoughts were elsewhere and almost didn't notice when Mason had come up to her. Glancing over and greeting him with a raise of her eyebrows.

Good question. How was her weekend? It... was... both good and bad. "Bittersweet." She replied, thinking about it before continuing further, might've been a little weird for him to ask about Alaska, but she didn't see the harm in telling him. Nodding and the smallest of grins came across her face as she thought about their date. "I did, yes. Very fun." That might've sounded inappropriate, but it was Raven. Deciding to clarify before Mason had gotten any ideas and asked too intimate of questions. Which she wasn't opposed to answering, but it was about Alaska. Someone who he'd... ew. "We went Ice skating." Shifting uncomfortably in her seat at the thought of it. She knew how to balance on the Ice and all that. But it wasn't like she was a pro now, nor did she like it anymore than she used to."What about you? Hmm?"

"What has the lesser Rivera been up to?" It wasn't meant to be an insult, she was just teasing. Playful banter was all it was, besides, this was much better than talking to her mother, although... sleep might be nice. Between working and writing that short story she'd submitted a few days ago, well. Let's just hope she wins. Because she really needs that money.
Winona Winona

Belle Taylor

Mood: Happy | Interacting with:Zach |Mentions: Dazzle Dazzle

Belle laughed softly as Zach commented on how to handled the situation. By calling her hot. Yeah he was that kind of guy but it was honestly kinda refreshing. “I bet you say that to all the girls” she mused. It was nice to just be a normal cheerleader for once, having a cute jock flirt with her. For a moment she felt bad for enjoying it as her mind flickered to Drake. But she quickly pushed the thought away. He was the one that ditched her when they were on a date. She didn’t owe him any loyalty she could flirt with whoever she wanted.

So she put on a flirty smile and playfully bumped her shoulder against his. She had figured out he was sporty but she didn’t realise he was that sporty. It was kind of impressive how many sports he was talented at. “That’s hot” she said, copying what he had said to her earlier. “Nothing wrong with being a little cocky.” He was a little humble as well which was pretty attractive.

“You don’t sound like an asshole it’s fine. Jeez does everyone jump down each other’s throats at the slightest wrong word at this school or something?” Belle joked. Although with what she had seen what she had said seemed to be the case. Then he offered to introduce her to the cheer caption. This guy was so sweet. How could that girl June snap at him like that? He didn’t deserve it. “I haven’t met her yet. An introduction sounds great, thanks.”

code by Ri.a

Mason
tumblr_n6ugudWFGu1rjwt6co4_250.gif

Wow, that just sounded absolutely adorable and kind of made Mason grossed out. Dates and cutesy stuff had never been his cup of tea, and he came back to remembering how he'd tried to have a wonderful, adorable date with June, only to find out that it had all been for nothing. Because the whole time, she'd been torn between the two Riveras. Imagine that. Just a little while ago, Mason couldn't stand the sight of Raven, and now he was sitting here being almost amicable with her. What the hell was wrong with him?

"Ice skating, huh? That's very... I dunno... boring." Mason shrugged, acting as if he hadn't even said anything that rude even though, well, it was probably fairly rude. "What makes it bittersweet? What did Alaska do that made it all bitter?" Why wouldn't he assume that it was Alaska that had made it worse? Mason hadn't really been paying attention to when Raven had come in, and so he hadn't noticed her mother coming in and sitting down. Hell, he'd almost forgotten about their conversation Friday night. It had been too... emotional and sad. He'd felt vulnerable afterwards and regretted everything that he'd said, and everything that had happened Saturday.

Speaking of that... "Well Saturday for the best Rivera was fucking horrible." Okay, that was a dead lie. Belle had actually been kind of fun to hangout with, but Mason would never admit to something like enjoying himself. "This crazy bitch showed up at my door demanding to go find Drake." He huffed and shook his head, clearly still irritated. "Belle or some shit, some new rich girl. We didn't find Drake, so instead she dragged me to the shelter to go find a puppy. Weirdest fucking day."

Soap Soap

Aaron, Mister and Misses Ollila

It felt like forever had passed since Aaron had entered the office. He sat slumped in a chair, arms crossed as he stared ahead, phone already taken away, at least for the time being. He was close to vibrating. It felt like he had been bottling everything up for months, though in reality it had just been a few days. Fucking Drake. Fucking Maisie. Fucking Principal Nona. It had been an accident. God. It wasn't even Aaron's fault in the first place. Drake was the one who told him to do it.

Speaking of Drake, where even was he? Shouldn't he be getting in trouble, too? At least as much as Aaron? He checked the room again, and rolled his eyes. Of course he wasn't here. Aaron didn't care. Fuck him. Aaron tapped his arm, annoyed.

Robert, meanwhile, was unperturbed, playing games on his phone and occasionally glancing at the time. He hoped this wouldn't take too long- he had a pharmacy to help run. But Susan seemed incapable of dealing with these kinds of things alone, for some reason, so he was kind of obligated to be here.

Susan just stared ahead, tapping her fingers on her purse, occasionally glancing at Aaron. What was that girl thinking? she asked herself. She'd never been able to figure out what was going in her head, though most of the time, she didn't really want to. Aaron had no respect for his mother, and she had no respect for him.

Eventually, there was yelling from over the wall, and Robert huffed, laughing as he turned to Susan, finally looking away from his phone. "Some people just can't handle themselves, hm? No wonder he's in the principal's office- probably can't handle his kid."

Susan cracked a small smile, suddenly uncomfortable as she glanced at the floor. There were a lot of things she wanted to say, but she knew better than that.

Finally, Aaron's name was called, and he entered the principal's office quickly, just wanting to get this over with and get out of this god forsaken school, followed by his father coaxing his mother into the room with an easy smile on his face.

"Good morning, Principal Nona," Robert said, as he took his seat, Aaron remaining standing as Susan took the spot next to him. "How many weeks are we thinking about suspending Frida?"

Aaron didn't so much as flinch at the casual deadnaming, looking at the wall, seemingly uninterested in the events surrounding him.

~`*`~​

Casper

Casper sat outside the school, doodling quietly. He had arrived early today, a side effect of Aaron needing to wait in the office and be sentenced. He still couldn't believe Aaron had done something that bad, and he was having trouble processing it. So, of course, he turned to drawing out his feelings.

It wasn't as pretty as it could be, and it was frustrating, but he wasn't above finding tutorials when he needed them. He wanted to get this right. To be honest, he wasn't paying much attention to anything, trying not to focus on the guilt he felt over what had happened on Saturday.

Stu had just been trying to stick up for him, and Aaron had been so... mean. Casper didn't really know what to do about it, so he ignored it, lulling himself with art.

OPEN​

Alaska

ee56415c3f66304e9bc643ed40ec361f.gif

Alaska was surprised at how excited little Stu was at the mention of Kanen's name. Clearly she hadn't known how close they had apparently been, though then again Alaska hadn't known a lot of things. She hadn't really even mentioned his name since he'd left, most people didn't dare ask about what had happened and there was no one she trusted enough to burden them with her thoughts. It was nice to have someone to talk to about it.

"I went to the police station a few days after he left to make sure he wasn't... well, dead. Anyways, his car was found in Boston so..." The brunette shrugged and looked over to the blond boy nervously. All she'd wanted to do was make sure he wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere, but every day since she'd considered what to do about this extra information. Driving to Boston seemed absolutely insane, she'd never be able to find him in such a huge city, but she also worried about him leaving town with no friends or family to rely on.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" She asked suddenly, standing up from the uncomfortable chair and smiling at the idea of being anywhere but in school right now. Sure, she hadn't technically been suspended yet, but what was Principal Nona going to do about it, suspend her more?

Dede Dede

Zach
giphy.gif

"Not all the girls stand up for themselves the way you just did." Zach smirked, "And then offer to still eat lunch with them." He let out a small chuckle, sports were Zachs thing they weren't easy, they actually challenged him. Unlike most of the teachers at school, he actually had to try to do well, and when he won a game he felt like he accomplished something. Getting another A might of made his Mothers proud of him, but he didn't have to try to do that.

Laughing lightly at her returning the compliment, and then commenting on his apology. "Depends on the day honestly." I mean he hung out with Ava for a straight week, he was bound to be a little extra cocky but he didn't want to treat the new girl like he treats Ava. "I didn't expect June to react the way she just did, but I guess there's been a lot of shit going on this year."

He took a couple steps back waving the girl to follow him with one hand, walking back the other direction towards Grace's locker. "Where are you from?"

Maree Maree

590DD6F9-E14A-43CA-A55A-BB38E8A6EA89.gif
A black Cadillac rolled up beside the nightclub, the chrome lining shining brightly under the midday sun. Blinding reflections shot off in every which way, scattering across the empty parking lot. In five or six hours, the place would be packed, filled with degenerates coming to satisfy their private needs, whether it be drugs, or more taboo cravings. However, now the place was empty, save for a handful of cars, mostly your stereotypical blacked out SUV’s. The local Mafia didn’t bother to be discreet. There wasn’t a point, not when half the judges in the city were on their payroll taking dirty money. Meeting in open wasn’t a danger. The risk was practically obsolete.

It had been only a few days since Kanen had his breakdown, and honestly, he didn’t know why he was still walking. He was going through the motions now, doing as he was told, but not really thinking about what he was doing. His body was running on autopilot, just waiting until his next fix.

Kanen’s job was easy enough. He himself was relatively insignificant, but his boss was one of the biggest drug-runners in Boston. It had its perks. Kanen’s apartment was paid for, drinks and drugs at the club were free, hell, Kanen even got a car out of it, (A Silver Audi he didn’t dare drive lest he crash.) Kanen was typically just hired muscle. He followed his boss wherever he went, and when problems arose, Kanen ‘solved’ them. Needless to say, Kanen was well suited for the job. Pulling a trigger had taken its toll though. The nightmares. The guilt. Drugs were his only comfort these days, and even then, he was quickly building tolerance.

~

Kanen got out of the driver’s seat of the Cadillac Escalade, quickly going to the back seat to open the door for his boss. He was a small man, only around 5’9”, and he always had a fat cigar jutting out from his lips. Kanen didn’t mind him though. It was always just business, the two never had to talk about anything more than their jobs.

“Everyone else is already inside, Vincent.” Kanen informed the man as he opened the door and took a large black briefcase from his boss.

“That’s ‘cause we’re fucking late.” Vincent spat, getting out of the car and walking towards the club. He raised his hand up and motioned for Kanen to follow, and like a obedient dog, Kanen did.

Upon entering the club, Kanen quickly came face to face with a little over a dozen men. Low level bosses sat around the bar, their lackeys standing close behind. Vincent, Kanen’s personal boss, promptly took a seat, taking little time to great the other man. “This shit is already wasting my fucking time, let’s hurry it up. Vincent grumbled, taking the briefcase from Kanen and opening it up.

Slid papers across the bar, each one a map of a coastal city up north. Westbrook. “Look, shit ain’t coming up from the south border as good as it used to.” Vincent began, grabbing a few small packages of pills and tossing them onto the bar for the others to look at. “It’s just not profitable trying to smuggle shit here from there, not with a crackdown on border control.” He continued. He opened his mouth the say more, but he was interrupted.

“The fuck is this trash?” Some punk brat snapped from across the bar. The guy couldn’t have been older than twenty-five, and he had an arrogant look about him. “Who the fuck cares about some stupid little city in fucking Maine!? If you wanna expand we should be moving South, you old fuck!” The guy continued.

Vincent sighed. “Have some respect kid. It’ll go a long way.”

“Fuck that, you senile shit.” The younger man spat back.

“I’m warning you once. Your pops might’ve been important, but you’re not, Arthur.” Vincent spoke, his tone dripping awful Malice. Vincent just shot a glance at Kanen, it was easily understood. Slowly, Kanen walked around the bar, coming to stand behind the disrespectful brat who kept running his mouth.

“Just ‘Cause you’ve been doing this shit do-“

Vincent snapped his fingers, and in a flash, Kanen had grabbed the back of the man’s head and slammed his face down into the bar counter, holding him down firmly with in hand, and holding a silver plated Colt in the other. “If you get told to shut the fuck up, you do it.” Kanen said. His words dropped heavy. This wasn’t a threat or a warning, just a fact about life here.

“Get the fuck off me!” The young man yelled. “Get this son of a bitch off me!”

No one in the room moved, except for Vincent, who slowly stood up and lean towards boy. “Kanen, I don’t think I want him to talk anymore. “ Vincent said, starring daggers into the now terrified eyes of the young man.

Kanen didn’t hesitate, putting the barrel of his gun to the guy’s jaw, and blowing the bottom half off. Blood splattered going all across Kanen’s clean white shirt, but he didn’t move to clean himself. He didn’t move at all, not until Vincent waved two guys over to drag the screaming young man out...

“Now, as I was saying...” Vincent went to continue, brushing off his suit and taking a seat. “If we want to continue business, we need new supply. Specifically, Canadian Pharmaceuticals.” Vincent explained, pointing at the pills he had set out earlier. “They’d easy get in. A fishing boat leaves Maine, meets a Canadian ship out in open waters, then just makes the switch. No problems, not to mention we can sell the pharmaceuticals for more.” Vincent paused, looking around for any responses.

Not a soul dare argued.

“Westbrook is going to be out port of access, and Kanen here knows the area well...” Vincent looked over at Kanen, trying to judge his reaction, but he didn’t so much as flinch. Seeing Kanen didn’t really seem bothered by any of this, Vincent continued. “I want Kanen to go home, manage things for us there. It’ll just be a runnaway returning. No one is gonna think twice about it.” Vincent finished. He looked around slowly. No one said anything still, “I’m glad we’re in agreement gentlemen.”

~
E0B191B0-E695-4D66-844F-8C5E860AE8BC.jpeg
Kanen left that same day, driving north in the Silver Audi that had so graciously been gifted to him. The contraband items, his gun and the drugs, were packed away in duffel, hidden underneath multiple layers of paneling inside the vehicle. The drive was calm, peaceful even, soon enough he had made it, granted he was speeding most of the way.

Granted, that was a dumb idea. It’s not really wise to go speeding down a highways when you have a warrant, AND a firearm in your vehicle. Luck would have it, Kanen was pulled over, and the moment the officer looked up his record, Kanen was put under arrest...

~

The cell was boring. Just a basic holding cell with a steel table in the middle. Kanen sat there silently, waiting for whoever to come in and speak with him. After what seemed like hours, a short man with thinning hair came in, slapping a small packet of papers down onto the table.

“You know why you were arrested kid?” The detective asked.

“Nope.” Was Kanen’s only reply.

“You’ve missed your last three months of parole. That’s a felony. You could serve prison time.”

Kanen chuckled, leaning back in his chair and looking up at the man. “Really?” Kanen asked. “If you’ve read that packet, you and I both know that parole was bullshit.” Kanen spoke.

The cop opened his mouth the speak, but Kanen cut him off. “Not only were those papers signed without any witnesses present, but the circumstances of the parole are shaky at best.”

Kanen leaned forward. “Regardless of whether I did, or did not break the law, you and I both know that if this ever goes to court, the case will get thrown out. That whole parole file breaks half a dozen different articles.”

Kanen stared up at the man, who quite honestly looked dumbfounded.

“Go call my fucking lawyers.” Kanen slapped a business card on the table. “You try and keep me here on this bullshit, you’re going to have hell to pay.”

The cop quickly left the room, and the moment he did, all emotion slipped right off his face. He’d gotten good at faking things...

~

Within two hours, Kanen had been released, back out into the open world. With a team of lawyers at his back, The local police didn’t dare hold him there under such a flimsy case, especially not when the lawyers threatened lawsuits for abuse of power.

Kanen was free.

He was in Westbrook.

But more thank anything, Kanen was broken.

A small part of him had hoped that coming back to Westbrook could pick up his mood, at least a little bit. Of course, that wasn’t the case. There were just too many bad memories here, and as Kanen stood there outside the police station, they all came back one by one. It left Kanen just feeling numb.

All he wanted to do was find a quiet place and shoot up Heroin couldn’t move...

That was his response to most things these days. Alcohol just didn’t have the power over him it used too. His tolerance had grown too high for it numb his brain into rapid unconsciousness. He had been introduced the heroin only a few weeks after he’d gone to Boston, and since then, he’d become heavily dependent on it. In fact, going anything longer than a day without it brought on heavy withdrawal symptoms, not that Kanen was interested in quitting anyways...

Ash
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e4c7265346743343350343641673d3d2d3533393637363938332e313531363532396130303134393163353435383434363937373935342e676966

Surprisingly enough, Ash was still at Westbrook. Well, maybe it wasn't super surprising -- her parents couldn't just ship her off, despite their biggest hopes. It was still a topic of discussion at home, but her father didn't seem as thrilled about the idea as her mother. And as long as he wasn't on board, she didn't really have anything to worry about... right?

Ash headed past the office, glancing in to see all the students and parents that were gathered around waiting to speak with Principal Nona about their children's sentences. She caught Jace's eye from where he sat between their parents, and Ash offered him a supportive smile. He tried to smile back at her, but their mother was still giving him a lecture about something. She felt bad for him but at the same time, tackling Stu and then knocking the principal off the stage hadn't been the best idea.

Sighing, she continued walking until she arrived in the main commons area. Ash looked around until her eyes fell on Jace. She started towards him, smiling faintly when she saw that he was reading over the presentation again. "Hey," she said, taking off her backpack and sitting down next to him, and dropped her backpack to the ground beside her. "You really want to get an A on that presentation, huh?" She asked with a laugh.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

------------------------------------

Principal Nona

"Well, I was thinking that... Frida would be suspended for just a week." She replied, glancing towards Aaron as she spoke. Nona wasn't entirely sure what had happened, but she had a basic idea. "Since I believe this was mainly Drake's fault, neither Frida or Maisie will receive as long of a suspension." That being said, she still couldn't find Drake.

"Is there anything else that you'd like to discuss, or is this suspension fine?" God, Nona hoped that they weren't like Martin and would just yell at her for a long time until she continued to lengthen the suspension until the parents gave up.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Theodore Presley

Mood:Happy| Interacting with: Grace, Sawyer |Mentions: Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Theo caught the grateful look Grace shot her and smiled softly. He would have to question her later as to why she was lying about something. Though Sawyer still seemed to think that something was off. Probably because Grace was one of the worst liars he had ever known. It was kind of cute. The only time she had ever lied to him was when she accidentally lost his favourite sweatshirt that she had pinched from his wardrobe. Something about it being soft and comfier than girl jumpers, he didn't know. She tried to convince him that a stray dog ate the jumper, confusing it for a chicken. He didn't know what was going through her head but it was hilarious. Something told him this wasn't one of those times though.

He smiled over at Sawyer as Grace said she was glad they met. "Same here. You seem pretty cool. I mean Grace does have great taste in partners" he said, puffing his chest out a little. He kind of zoned out as they talked about some couple things. Something about Grace meeting her aunt. Nothing that really applied to him so he sort of stayed quiet. He found himself thinking about how delightful it would be if jousting could be a sport. He would be awesome at jousting. Everyone would call him the joust king and he would ride around on his horse. Then Sawyer directed a question at him. Crap he wasn't fully paying attention to what she had said. Luckily he managed to catch something about discussing Westbrook drama.

"Catching up on Drama sounds great. Besides, I would like to get to know you better. God, I bet Kate has given you two some serious Greif" he said, laughing slightly. She sure did give them a lot of grief when they were dating. "She hated me so much. Mainly because I was raised by two moms so i must be the antichrist or something"

code by Ri.a

Belle Taylor

Mood: Neutral | Interacting with:Zach |Mentions: Dazzle Dazzle

Belle shrugged slightly. “Everyone has their bad days. I know I do. Besides you never know what’s going on in someone’s life behind closed doors” she explained, talking with her hands a little. A bad habit but it always felt like she could get her point across better when she did. “And personally I think she’s madder at herself than she was at us” She had also been there. Lashing out at others when she was upset with herself and didn’t know what to do with that energy.

When he changed directions she followed him. What school did she transfer from? God she had been dreading that question. Hopefully he hadn’t heard of it. “Kingston. It was a ‘prestigious’ Christian school” she said adding in sarcastic air quotes as she said prestigious. Oh who was she kidding the school had been all over the news when the crash happened. The way the news stations slammed their memory. Calling her friends drunks, Irresponsible Rebels. Yet there was nothing about the other driver who was the one at fault. Someone had hit them not the other way around. Coming back to reality she smiled softly in an attempt to hide how she was really feeling.

code by Ri.a

Aaron, Mr. & Mrs. Ollila

Robert smiled a bit when she said it would just be a week. He nodded approvingly. “That sounds fine. Have a nice day, Principal.” He turned to Aaron, his son making disinterested eye contact with him. “You heard the woman- you’re grounded for a week.”

Of course, they both knew this meant nothing- As long as Robert wasn’t home to enforce anything, Aaron would walk all over his mother, and even Robert being home wasn’t enough to stop Aaron from leaving in the middle of the night.

Aaron turned to leave, but before he did, his mother said, “Isn’t there something you want to say?”

This was common routine from Aaron’s parents, and frankly, he was sick of it. “No.” He stared at his mother, face as inscrutable, and she stared right on back before glancing to Robert.

“It starts with a t,” he offered, amused.

Aaron huffed a sigh, turning to Principal Nona, he put on his fakest smile, and said, sing-song, “Thank you, Principal Nona.” The smile dropped, and he turned to his father. “Can we go now.”

It seemed enough to make Robert happy, and he nodded, approving as the trio left the office.

Ava
CuwU.gif

She'd had way too much fun with Jules on Saturday, even if half of it had involved girly stuff. Ava's hands were still baby smooth, and even her hair still looked done up. All she'd done was kind of half brush it this morning, and it looked amazing. This is what happened when you didn't wash your hair for like three days straight -- it stayed looking decent. Still, Ava was hoping that no one would notice her slightly different hair style, or the nail polish that she was slowly chipping away at. When Ava had asked her mom for nail polish remover, her mother had refused, saying that her nails had looked great. Which meant she was stuck with slowly chipping away all weekend long.

Ava was now walking through the hallways of school, trying to avoid the dreaded Murder Monday. She glanced into the office to see all of the kids that were getting suspended, and had to suppress a laugh. Dumb asses. They deserved it, and Ava couldn't wait for most of the main offenders to finally be gone. Maybe they'd get through a school day without a hospital visit. Although with how this school worked, some popular kid would do something stupid and get tossed into a table.

Finally, she pulled her gaze away from the office and looked ahead of her... to see some dumb kid leaned by her locker. How dare. "Hey, loser, get the fuck outta my way." Ava said, coming to a stop in front of him while she crossed her arms over her chest. Wasn't this Shawn? Right, yeah, some stupid popular kid. One of the ones that she'd demolished in beer pong.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Dian didn’t intend for the guy to take his argument personally, but it seemed like that was exactly what he did. Dian sighed. “You’re very clearly looking at all of this from a biased standpoint.” Dian tried to explain. “If you just look at the facts, it’s plain to see how arts in schools is just a waste of funding. There should be more emphasis on core classes, not less. You have students that are graduating who can barely read, or other students who struggle to understand basic laws of science.”

Dian paused. “As far as I’m concerned, until the school as an entirety can master basic principles of math, science, and English, we shouldn’t even consider extracurricular activities in the curriculum.”

“Art is a hobby. Core classes like math for an example, are stepping stones to a successful future.”

Dian didn’t want to make the other boy any more upset, so he decided to back off a bit. “If you want to make music, make music. If you want to paint pictures, go for it. But school isn’t the place for that kind of stuff. It doesn’t have academic value.”

5A011D05-199F-4215-BBB9-0236C0DBA33D.gif
June
June watched as those two left. They were getting on her last nerve. She looked down at the drinks she had. She wanted to drink them. But, if something was wrong with it, she didn’t want to reap the consequences. She’s done getting hurt after all. She looked up at the doors leading behind the school. A small part of her nervousness started to spring up again. But, she shouldn’t care. I shouldn’t care.

The thoughts started eat at her again and that made her feel worse. She needed something to drink. She needed it right now. She looked away from the door as she heard a girl yell at a guy. They’ll do. She held the drinks closer to her as she walked over. “Hey, you two.” She said approaching them in several strides and looking at them. “Do you want to relax and have a drink?” They both looked like they needed it. It would be fine. “Come out to the back with me if you want to, it’s always good to relax time to time.” She said with a small smile before turning and walking to the doors, opening it up. She used a bending finger to beacon them then walked out, betting that they would join her. Please don’t make a fool of me. She thought.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Winona Winona

Gyungmi Park

tumblr_inline_olaql8QN2z1sc3ygs_400.gif

This looked like a job for May's purple sketchbook. It was covered in stickers.

She did draw in there, but she also used it to talk to people. Honestly, she believed ASL should be mandatory learning, but it wasn't, and she wasn't president of the world. So this was an easy way to communicate with people who didn't know it. Picking up some of her stuff and taking the rest from Rae's hand, she put it all in her locker before writing up a response of any kind. She used a Gelly Roll pen in a vibrant blue.

'Hi!! I'm May'

She quickly drew a little face next to it.

'I'm just mute not deaf. sorry for dropping paper on you
and textbooks i think'

There were no textbooks. She crossed out the last part. Then held the book out to Rae. She'd probably pick up on it quickly enough.

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle

Shawn March Orozco

tumblr_mzbkh2IxAs1qgedymo1_r2_400.gif

So a lot just happened in like, ten seconds, huh.

First off. That girl who beat him in beer pong just completely appeared right the fuck out of nowhere to say some shit. She seemed pissed about... Fuck. Something. Was he leaning on her locker? Ah. Fuck. He stood up and backed away a bit. "Calm your tits, lady." He mumbled, yawning a little bit. Today was not his day in the slightest.

Secondly, some girl... June, right? Yeah. She was offering him booze. In school. Shawn wasn't even sure why he bothered being surprised or confused or anything other than accepting. Frankly, some more liquor might take the edge off of his brain-busting hangover. "Hold up." He started before June could even get much of anywhere. "If you wanna get drunk, we should be doing it off school grounds. Nona's back on her shit and I'm not trying to get suspended. Though I dunno why we even have school when half the school is out probably having way more fun right now." Suspension was, basically, just a free break half the time.

"Besides, there's probably some cool alleyway or somewhere we can hang out. Literally anywhere else. But not my house, god knows I'm sick of dealing with my parents. Like yeah it's kinda far, but I'm not doing it."

Interactions: Moonshadow Moonshadow Winona Winona

Charlie McAllister
There's a song in my head: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips

ConcreteAbleIrishterrier-small.gif

Charlie caught himself before trying to throw hands. Today was not the day for it. Not on the first ever Mass Suspension Murder Monday, no sir. He could debate without letting his emotions get in the way.

"Extracurricular activities can help expand the mind. It forces people to try new things. Arts cultivate the brain just as much as math or English does. Sure, if you know the basics of math, you can do math. But without the arts everyone comes out just a flat human being. They haven't explored the world beyond academics. Unless they do it outside of school -- which is pretty impossible considering the workload of the average high schooler -- they may not have the chance to explore the possibilities of new things.

And without new things, what are you, really?"

He paused, folding his hands in front of himself.

"There's a point where things like math and English are arbitrary rather than necessary. I'm never gonna have to write an essay after college unless that's what I choose to do. I'll never need calculus after school ends unless I enter a profession that requires it. And the number of successful aerospace engineers, at this point, are probably outnumbered by the number of successful artists or writers. Because art is an available, accessible thing for everybody. You don't need three-hundred degrees to do it. But where are you supposed to start if not in school? I mean- my math teacher always says I 'might not have a calculator in the future', but I can't remember the last time I didn't."

Charlie wiped his nose. "Aaaand you have the mic now."

Interactions: High5ives High5ives

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back