• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Zach was sitting inside minding his own business when someone he barely recognized walked over to him, they obviously went to school with everyone there, they were in Ash's cabin after all. She mentioned something about how no one knew how to light a fire and that she was told to come get him because he had done boy scouts and would definitely definitely know how to start one. "Dammit Grace." He muttered, there were only a few people that knew he was in boy scouts, Grace being one of them. And Theo being the other, as they suffered together for the three years their mothers forced them to go. Eventually giving up realizing the fight wasn't worth it anymore. And he knew that Theo wouldn't have told anyone about their time there.

Zach dragged his feet out the door towards the fire pit, all he had wanted to do was sit inside and drink. It would be too cold even with a bonfire going outside, but Westbrook students were stupid. Maybe if he started the fire he could go back inside afterwards, but then again would everyone know when they were supposed to feed the fire so they didn't all freeze.. Probably not, everyone was likely to be drunk which meant he would get stuck outside despite his dislike for the cold weather.

@open(sorry this is short and suckssss) Mentioned: Soap Soap

Carter

The ski trip was basically over, Carter was packing up her gear before the night of drinking and just getting as fucked up as possible began. At least then tomorrow morning all she would need to do is pack her suitcase. She was sure all of the alcohol would be gone by tomorrow. She sure as hell wasn't excited to go back home tomorrow, her mother was on some power streak and wouldn't be happy to see hungover Carter at the end of the day. All the photos that would end up on social media that made her look like a bad mother. Carter was ready for the screaming to start. Even so, nothing would change, she was just waiting for the day that she could move out. Already being accepted into WB University, not really her dream school but at least then she would be able to save money before transferring somewhere else. Carter wasn't even sure what she wanted to do, she hated school as it was. She seriously contemplated becoming a stripper, but that was more just to annoy her mother and cause family drama. But damn did it pay well.

Carter shook all the thoughts about the future from her head, she didn't want to dwell on things she could not control. It wasn't worth it, plus tonight was about having fun. There wasn't much else to it, reaching up she closed the trunk of her car making her way back inside, hearing something about a bonfire. Heading towards the kitchen she grabbed a handle of vodka and opened the fridge for finding a bottle of tonic water. The drunker she got the quicker she would warm up, that's how biology worked right? She knew that was the farthest from the truth but she was willing to believe it for the night. Carter was sure everyone would get drunk and cold quickly and make their way back inside before the fire had a real chance to heat up.

Carter opened the sliding door closing it with her foot to the best of her ability, hands completely full with solo cups, tonic, and vodka.
'Yep, this was the way to start a rough morning but a forgetful night.' She thought to herself. Carter took a seat close to the fire and placed all of her supplies on the table beside her. Pouring mostly vodka into her solo cup with a taste of tonic. Lifting her cup to her lips and taking a long slow sip watching as Zach tried to start a fire with damp logs.

@Open

giphy.gif

Tatum had dropped her stuff off in her room not sure where this party was supposed to be but undoubtedly she knew if she listened for the teenagers then she would find it. with her after bottle full of liquor she was off to the outside to find the party. She wondered why they would even have the party outside while it was cold but that's what was done. She made it back out to the front area and looked around, that was when she saw a girl slip on the first step. She was going to go help and then she saw another girl rush to help her. She was glad that someone was helping her and not just walking past her or staring. She figured the two girls would be fine and she walked out the back door to hopefully find the party. She listened carefully and thought she heard noise and followed the sound, and there it was. She saw people gathered at and around the cabin by the fire pit. Now all she had to do was integrate herself.

She was quiet as she took note of the male trying to start the fire. She knew she could probably offer help but it wasn't something she typically wanted to do. But then again it was her time to try and make new friends, meet new people, be the adventurous person she always was but in a new way. Her dad had taught her how to make a fire when they had gone camping years back and it was easier if there was more than one person, especially with a bonfire. She moved closer to the male, "Do you want any help with this fire? My dad taught me." she sent him a small smile to try and make sure he knew she was trying to be friendly and letting him know that she knew how to start a fire if he took her up on her offer.

Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle
Mention(s): Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Sawyer was so busy with her pacing and just general freaking out that she almost didn't even notice her phone going off in her pocket. When she pulled it out she stood there in surprise for a moment just staring at the text message. Jasmine. Shit, this past week had been so incredibly hectic and stressful that Sawyer had forgotten about the imminent arrival of her Hawaiian cousin. Her dad had been extremely worried about the whole thing. She remembered him scurrying around the guest bedroom trying to get all the junk cleared out of it before Jasmine's arrival. She was sure he was thankful for the extra since Jasmine was supposed to come out here to the bonfire. All of the junk from the garage clean out had been thrown into the guest bedroom while her dad figured out what to do with it, but now he had resorted to throwing it all in the old storage shed out back to keep from cluttering up their little personal gym. Besides, Sawyer was fairly certain it was just a bunch of old basketball and hockey trophies and gear from her younger days. Oliver would never throw anything important out in that old dusty shed. That place was a haven of all kinds of spiders and god knows what else could be in there. The thought of the place made Sawyer shiver. She hoped she never had to go in that damned building.

Sawyer figured it would be a while before Jasmine actually arrived at the cabin and it was annoyingly cold, so she made her way just inside the house to watch everyone mill about from inside the heated building like a sane person. She tried desperately to distract herself with some stupid shoot 'em up she'd downloaded on her phone, but there was only so much shooting a bunch of ugly zombies over and over could distract from. Sawyer closed her phone and pulled her beanie down over her eyes as she sunk down in the chair she was sitting in. To any on looker she might look to be having some sort of breakdown as she groaned into her hands. Maybe she was having a breakdown. That was new. She was so damn worried about Grace and not telling her about JJ that it was grating down on her at this point. Where the hell even was Grace? Sawyer hadn't seen her at all that day and the only communication had been the note about going skiing. Suddenly, Sawyer was worried about things other than JJ. She shot up in her chair and nearly fell over as she tried to get up with the beanie still over her eyes. Sawyer cursed at herself and pulled the thing off her head and glanced out the window at the crowd. The fire still was lit and Sawyer could just make out Zach and some chick she didn't recognize trying to light it. There was various other people crowded around but no Grace. What if she'd gotten hurt? Jesus. Were avalanches possible? Was her girlfriend buried under a pile of snow while she sat here in the nice warm house?

My god, shut up. Calm down. Jesus.

Sawyer shook her head and took a deep breath. Everything was fine. Grace was fine. She was sure of it. Besides, it's not like she was the only person skiing. There were other people on the slopes. There had to be. Sawyer opened her eyes and was immediately greeted by the sight of a girl laying in the snow. She was confused for a moment until her eyes fell on the prosthetic attached to the girls leg and she cursed. Her cousin was laying in the snow outside. Sawyer took off out the door making it to Jasmine's side just as another girl did. With a quick inspection, Jasmine seemed to be alright and Sawyer smirked bemusedly as the other girl reached to help Jasmine up.

"That was quite the wipe out there, Jas. Welcome to cold ass Maine." She gave the other girl a nod of acknowledgement and thanks, "Uh, hi. I don't think I've met you. Sawyer Andrews. Clumsy here is my cousin Jasmine." Sawyer greeted that lopsided grin still present on her face.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Grace
tumblr_inline_os8pjqVplD1t1nqt6_250.gif

Grace didn't believe Stu hated people that were gay, maybe she thought he was uncomfortable with them in the slightest bit, but not anymore. Her eyebrows rose in surprise when he mentioned he'd been kissed by boys before, a corner of her lips tilted upwards in an amused smile which quickly faded.

'He fancied them.' She knows where he was coming from, Grace was him two years ago.

"Well, If we're being honest... I didn't think I'd get kissed by a girl either, look where I am now. It's totally worth the wait." She grinned, and softly nudged him with her elbow.

Maybe it was already clear he didn't hate her. But it really helped to hear him say it. She leaned further onto the tree, resting her back against it. And a blush Grace shook her head with a smile. "Oh." She let out a small laugh at his compliment.

She watched him for a moment, and her smile widened the slightest bit. Grace leaned over and placed a soft kiss on the side of his cheek.

"I doubt that was worth the wait, but... it's something to hold you off until then."

Dede Dede

A L I C E
STATUS
Mood: Lonely
Interacting with: Jasmine, Sawyer
Mentions: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving KingofAesir KingofAesir

Alice blinked. Here she was again, talking to another person. Better not mess it up now! She put on a polite smile and listened quietly as the girl introduced herself. Her smile faded a little once she heard the girl's name. So this was Sawyer. Alice knew Sawyer Andrews by her reputation. She was one of the popular girls at Westbrook, the type of girl who didn't even try to pay attention to people like Alice. A small voice inside of her tried to reason with her. Maybe she didn't purposely try to ignore you? After all, you don't interact with many people at school. Alice chose to believe that small voice, hoping that Sawyer wouldn't be like what she thought she would be.

When Sawyer gave Alice a grin, all thoughts of her being anything other than kind vanished. She grinned back, feeling a little happier. "Alice. Alice Ester." She could see the surprise on Sawyer's face once she acknowledged her accent, but it disappeared quickly. "I'm sure your cousin's just not used to the snow and ice here yet. But, I believe that she'll become accustomed to it soon." Great conversation. She didn't expect the conversation to last long, but she hoped it would. Or it would be another messed up chance to talk.

Zach

Zach continued to struggle with the fire pit, of course not only did Westbrook decide having a bonfire in the dead of winter was a good idea, they didn't think to bring wood or kindling. So here he was fighting with damp wood, trying to get it to ignite which seemed almost futile at this point when he saw a blonde walk up behind him, figuring it was Grace he turned around to chew her out about how annoyed he was that she was telling everyone he was a boy scout only to find it was someone he didn't recognize. He rubbed the back of his neck, glad he hadn't actually started yelling without knowing them.

"Hi. Sorry." Zach continued to try to find words to ground himself because he still felt annoyed that someone asked him to start a fire, and couldn't even provide him with dry wood. He stood up from the pit and gestured towards the fire before running his hand through his hair. "I mean give it a go, the fucking wood is damp as hell. And no one brought kindling." He blew aggressively through his nose.

He looked over his shoulder people were slowly starting to gather around.
"Sorry I'm not trying to be an ass." He shook his head, this girl had to be new and his welcoming to Westbrook was starting out pretty bad. "I'm Zach. Are you new? I don't think I've ever seen you around." He put a small smile on his face, he shouldn't be taking out his anger on the pretty new blonde.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Sawyer
Sawyer could tell almost immediately that this girl, Alice, was a little shy. It was a good thing that Sawyer was far from it or this conversation might not last very long. Judging by her accent, which reminded her of Stu's and she found herself wondering about the kid, that she wasn't from around here. The reassurance that Jasmine would get used to the cold Maine weather had Sawyer chuckling and giving Jasmine a slight bump with her shoulder.

"I should hope so." Her grin grew a little wider, "Shit, your kinda stuck here now so you better get used to it." Sawyer turned her attention back to Alice with a curious glint in her eye. As much as she might pretend to be some sort of cold bad-ass, she did enjoy meeting new people. Ever since she'd started dating Grace that cold attitude she usually had around people had started to melt away and allowed her to actually be the outgoing person she was. Sawyer found herself curious about this Alice chick and she'd never quite been one to hold back. She didn't really have a filter when it came to conversation she was a speak before you think sort of girl.

"You're not from around here either, are ya, Govna?" Sawyer laughed at her own stupid British joke, "Sorry, sorry, I couldn't resist. It's nice to meet you, Alice Ester. Where are you from though? Serious question this time." Her grin never faltered as she spoke, her hands moving from shoved in her pockets to crossed over her chest with relaxed ease. A charmer at heart, it wasn't terribly hard for Sawyer to make friends and right now she figured she could use some.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

giphy.gif

Tatum smiled at Zach she had seen him around Westbrook and wasn't surprised he didn't know her. Most people didn't, she had learned to be invisible at Westbrook at least with those that were considered popular. She hadn't always been thin not when she first started Westbrook but she had changed herself around in the past couple of years. She let her eyes look up and down Zach, giving a small smile, he was quite attractive but she wasn't looking for that right now. She let her eyes look around for any idea as to where to get dry wood, "No, not new." she responded quietly, "I've been at Westbrook for a couple of years now. I've seen you around the halls. I'm not shocked you don't recognize me."

Everyone at the bonfire wouldn't know her and she had been good about that. She gestured back to the inside, "Think there might be some dry wood in there? Kindling too?" she questioned him still smiling the whole time. She wasn't trying to be rude with him she was just direct. He was popular and she was anything but that. She was surprised he even smiled at her when she offered help. She wasn't part of his friends, or the inner circle that he knew. She was an outcast, a loner when it came to this group. She had friends but they would also be considered outcasts or the group of kids considered weird but she was okay with that. It made her happy and it kept her adventurous to have weird and unique friends. But she wanted to try it with a new crowd and see what high school was like in a different social group.

Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle

Jaehwa

Mood: At ease | Interacting with: Vanden ( Direct Timing Direct Timing )

Taking Vanden's hand, Jaehwa allowed him to shake his hand, not really participating much in the action himself. "I'm Jaehwa, but you can call me Jae," he said as they retracted their hands, feeling much more at ease than he was before. As per usual, he'd worked everything up in his mind and had made it much scarier than it really was. This was just a normal conversation, and he was handling it surprisingly well. He was pleased with himself. Proud, even.

Jaehwa stepped into the room and watched as Vanden found his room key and fixed up his hair in the bathroom mirror. He didn't once move from his spot near the door, worried he might intrude somehow. It was a bit silly, considering Vanden had invited him in, but he couldn't help the way his brain thought. "Ah, yes. I have a room too; it's on the second floor," he explained. "I wish I could've gotten one on the ground level. I'm afraid of heights." Why did he admit that? He wasn't sure. It just felt like something natural to say, even if it did take down his image a few notches.

At Vanden's question, Jaehwa's mouth formed an 'o' shape. It was in Chinese. He'd learned a bit from his mother, who was fluent in god knew how many languages, but he wasn't Chinese himself. "我是韓國人," he clarified, praying he'd pronounced everything right. "Technically, I was born in America, so that makes me American, but my parents came from South Korea, so... yeah. I know some Chinese thanks to my mom, but I'm not really good. Sorry if I butchered the language just then." He paused. "Can I assume you're Chinese?" After a brief hesitation, he looked back to the door, not wanting to be late but also not wanting to rush Vanden.
code by Ri.a

Tristian

Tristian let out a huff of annoyance as he crouched undignified in a little woodshed. There were so many people around the cabin that it was impossible to find a moment alone. Which lead to him crouched in a woodshed smoking a joint. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't have minded the company but he was getting sick of people begging to get a hit. Once you let one of the beggers get their hands on it they ran off and shared it with their friends. It was quite annoying really. As long as no one checked the shed he would be perfectly happy. He leaned against the wall, inhaling the smoke.

It seemed like whatever higher power watched over them just didn't want him to relax. Barely a few minutes into his relaxing a giant ass spider crawled onto his hand. "Oh fuck no" he exclaimed, throwing the joint away from him along with the spider. "Are you kidding me?' he groaned, trying to spot where his joint landed. There was no way in hell he was going to dig through a pile of kindling when there was a spider over there as well. For some reason, the fact that he had chucked a lit joint into a pile of wood didn't register as a bad thing. Too busy mourning his lost join he didn't notice the fire starting to develop until the smell of smoke hit his nose. "shit."

Tristian quickly rushed outside, chucking on a pair of sunglasses to hide that he had been smoking. Spotting boy scout with some girl he decided that Zach was definitely the one to bug about this. "Hey Scout, stop pitching tents for a minute" he called, joining the two. Hah, he loved that nickname so much. If only he had actually been there for the event. It had sounded like quite the show. "So you know how there's a little woodshed round back? Yeah, well it's on fire" he said, clapping his hands together and flashing an innocent smile. He had no clue how it happened. Nope, was definitely not the cause of this random fire. Actually, they should b thanking him. He just saved them the trouble of making a bonfire by lighting a building on fire. "I was just walking by and I saw some smoke coming out. It's rather strange really" he added, tipping down his sunglasses so he could see the girl properly. Not really his type but she was pretty.
Dazzle Dazzle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

It officially just wasn't Zach's week, first Belle had to save him from a attack by Kanen, which he had to be grateful for. Zach hadn't even had the chance to react when Belle had reacted punching him and giving Kanen a run for his money. Then this girl wasn't new and she knew who he was but he didn't know who she was. "That's impossible. No way I could forget a face like that." Zach gave her a flirtatious smirk, it was the only thing he had going for him at this point because he hadn't even thought to pull wood in from inside. Why he just fought with damp wood for twenty minutes was unknown to him. He rubbed his forehead, damn it was not his week.

"I can't believe I didn't think of that." Zach shook his head, "I swear I'm not usually this stupid." Laughing lightly at his own humility. "I could of saved so much time if I had just gotten the wood before walking outside." He realized the blonde still hadn't told him her name. But decided to let it go for the time being, realistically if he forgot it at this point that would just be another strike against him. Or with his luck she did tell him and he completely missed it. He was just going to continue to nod along and act like he knew what was going on. Even though Belle had scared off Kanen for him, and thought that the girl in front of him was brand new, and forgot that he could find dry wood and kindling inside of the cabin. He was an idiot. That was the understatement of the week and the only thing he seemed to know.

Zach was quickly pulled from his thoughts at the sound of Tristan calling out his dreaded nickname. Granted at least it wasn't as bad as minuteman..
"Dammit Tristan what did you do." Zach knew Tristan well enough to know when he was lying, he usually caused trouble where ever he went. So what a shocker that he had started a damn fire at the cabin, easier than Zach had. God damn the snow. Zach dropped everything and ran to the shed that was almost entirely engulfed inflames at this point. ".... I think this works as a bonfire.."

Maree Maree Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

587951Vanden saw that Jae was standing at the door. He arched a brow at Jae. "No, no you didn't butcher it. That was actually really good, Jae. Oh so you are Korean? Very cool. I think Korean culture is very fascinating." Vanden stared at Jae's facial features for a moment. "Yeah, my pare- I mean, my mom and dad were, are Chinese..." Vanden shook his head. "Well, I guess we should get going before we miss all of the fun." Vanden opened the door for Jae and they walked outside. There was the smell of wood burning in the air. People were standing outside pointing and gasping at something. "Jesus, is the building on fire?" Vanden looked around and they could see the flames burning high up into the air. The sound of distant sirens blared in the cold night. "C'mon!" Vanden said and he took off to where the fire was. There seemed to be a spot where the bonfire might have been, but now a nearby shed was also aflame. "Damn...I can feel the heat from here." Vanden saw that there were a few students standing around watching also.

There was the girl he saw in the parking lot earlier. "Follow me Jae." Vanden said and walked over to a blond girl he saw in the parking lot earlier. "Hey, what happened here?"

Interactions: Kipsy Kipsy Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Jaehwa

Mood: Confused | Interacting with: Vanden ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ), Tristian ( Maree Maree ), Tatum ( Elf Elf Ruler )

Jaehwa's eyes lit up when Vanden mentioned liking Korean culture. His mom was a freak about that kind of stuff, and it definitely passed off onto him. It went beyond that, though. He really enjoyed learning about people from different walks of life. Perhaps he and Vanden could connect over that. Going more in-depth and discussing their heritages more would make for a really interesting conversation. Curiosity towards the other male welled up in Jaehwa's chest. He wanted to know more, even just trivial things.

The stutter from Vanden didn't go unnoticed. Jaehwa decided not to pry, though. Instead, he followed Vanden outside. His nose scrunched up, the scent of woof burning attacking his senses. "What is that smell?" he asked, even though it was pretty clear something had to be on fire. Following Vanden's gaze, his attention caught by bright oranges and yellows flickering up into the air. He chased after Vanden, wondering why on Earth they were running towards the danger and not away from it. Shouldn't they call the fire department?

"Vanden, wait up-," Jaehwa called before finally catching up to the other boy. "Woah." The flames were beautiful. Terrifying, but beautiful, especially surrounded by snow. "That's one big blaze." He wondered why the fire was taking over a shed, though, and not the place where it should've. Before he really had the chance to process the scene, however, Vanden was off again, walking up to some girl who Jaehwa briefly remembered as someone he'd seen at the lodge. He followed him through the crowd.

There were a lot of other people around; he tried to see if he could find anyone he recognized. His eyes caught sight of Tristian, who he waved to briefly, but other than that he couldn't make out anyone else's faces. It was just too busy, what with the fire and everything.

Stopping beside Vanden, Jaehwa looked to the girl who had just been asked what'd happened. "Did someone light it or is it natural?" he added, a little worried. Sure, he'd seen plenty of crazy stuff from Westbrook kids before, but... lighting an entire building on fire? Actually, maybe it wasn't that surprising after all.
code by Ri.a

Belle

Belle hummed, scrolling through twitter and sending a few messages. Whoever invented twitter was amazing it was so convenient. Her attention was pulled from her phone as Drake popped up in front of her. Speak of the devil and whatnot. "Hey, did you run a marathon on your way here?" she teased, tucking her phone away. She wrapped her now free arm around him and kissed his cheek. He was such a sweetie, even if she hadn't seen that much of him. It was alright! He was there now. Although it would have been nice to have him around for the whole ex fiasco. Hmm... She might just keep that one to herself. No need to bug him with that nonsense really.

She looked down at her hand as he asked what happened. "Well you see..." she trailed off, smiling sheepishly. This was certainly going to be interesting to explain. "You know that Kanen guy? Well. He kinda sorta tried to fight Zach and then I sorta kinda beat him up. I may have possibly flipped him onto a glass table and punched him a few times?" she explained, pulling the most innocent face she could muster puppy eyes an all. Who could be mad at puppy eyes? Nobody. That's who. Well, maybe Mason. Oh no. Mason."Oh dear he's Mason's friend, isn't he? Ugh as if he needed more of a reason to dislike me" she groaned, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

The smell of campfire smoke coming in from the window made her beam. She did love a good bonfire. Having a bonfire in the snow didn't exactly seem like a great idea but hey. It's the thought that counts? Besides she wouldn't mind sharing a few jumbo marshmallows with her boyfriend. Bonfires were pretty romantic. If everything went well that was. "Anyways that's totally unimportant. Is it time to cuddle by the bonfire yet?" she asked, raising her brow.
Winona Winona

Theo

The ski trip had definitely gotten better than how it had started for Theo, though that wasn't hard to do. Zach had given him some much-needed bro lessons on how to pick up chicks. Then much to his surprise, they worked. Getting girls had never really mattered to him so he didn't put any effort into it. The new and improved Theo wasn't going to bend over backwards for anyone anymore. No one was ever going to use him as a doormat no sir. Sure, he would still be kind to people. This wasn't some sort of mean girls transformation. He just wanted to focus more on himself and doing things to benefit him for once.

He rifled through the pantry for something to snack on, only to come up with a half-empty pack of almonds. For rich people the Wests certainly didn't have a lot of food in the cabin. How everyone hadn't started yet was a mystery. Deciding to get a drink he started to make his way through the crowd. He had almost made it safely to the drink station when a small girl ran into his chest. Instinctively he placed his hand on the small of her back to stop her from falling. What in the?

When she looked up at Theo he instantly recognised her. Rae. Oof, Rae as in Chase's ex. Aka get your hand off her and step back you're breaking bro code. He chuckled, removing his hand from her back. "Yeah. It's quite crowded up here" he said, relaxing slightly as she removed his hands from him. Wasn't Chase meant to be up here too? He didn't even know why he had broken up with her or cancelled coming. He was a mystery and a half recently. "A drink sounds great, so does company" he agreed, smiling down at her.

He lead the way to the drinks table, making them both something fruity. "Enjoying the trip? It's been pretty chaotic up here" he said, carrying their drinks over to the fireside and sitting down. There was just something so cozy about sitting by a fire. He would have gone out to the bonfire but he suspected that Zach would try to rope him into tending to it so he could go have fun, not happening, buddy. He handed her one of the drinks and took a sip of his own. "Can't believe it's almost the new year."
Dazzle Dazzle

giphy.gif

Tatum smiled at Zach he was cute, but she didn't know him super well but sometimes all you needed was the physical attraction first. She could tell he was flirting with her and she let her hand touch his arm for just a second, "I'm easily forgettable in Westbrook, at least among those a little more well known." She kept her eyes on him for second as he spoke and giggled when he admitted he hadn't thought to look for the dry wood. That was when they were both knocked out of their conversation by another male, Tristan, she had heard Zach say and then they were off to the shed and it was on fire. The blazes were hot and Tatum just stared in shock, "I guess this can be our fire." she stated back to Zach. At that moment it had occurred to her that she had never mentioned her name to him, "I'm Tatum by the way."

Off to her side she heard someone ask her a question, the boy from earlier in the lodge. He was with the other male as well. She didn't really know them but she knew that one of them must have recognized her from earlier. She looked at him a little confused cause she herself wasn't entirely sure, "I'm not sure what happened. Someone came over and told us is what on fire, so I would guess it wasn't a natural fire but one caused by someone." Her eyes turned back to Zach for a second before continuing to look back at the fire. She guessed that moment was the best time to start drinking and pulled out her bottle of vodka from her jacket and took a swig of it. It was both a burning and warming sensation. She offered it out for any one of the males to take it.

Interaction(s): Dazzle Dazzle Direct Timing Direct Timing Kipsy Kipsy
Mention(s): Maree Maree

Neck Tie

n7qzGUV.gif

Neck Tie sat perfectly still when the kiss was gently planted on his cheek.

What just happened?

When the realisation finally hit him, the boy found himself curling up slightly, then blushing, then swaying shyly sideways.

He glanced briefly at Grace, blushed some more, and then smiled -- just enough for his dimples to show. His face turned reddish pink, and he felt a warm feeling, like his whole body was melting into the snow.

Then Neck Tie looked up, and he saw that on the peaceful branches of the tree there were leafy clusters of what he’d thought were bird nests. But they weren’t. They were mistletoes, and he’d just been kissed under their blessed shade. . . by a girl.

In some ways the kiss was exactly how he’d imagined a girl’s kiss would feel like. Not that much different than a boy’s. If he had closed his eyes he mightn't have been able to tell the difference. But it was different, and it made him feel all kinds of good feelings that he'd never felt before. He was still blushing long after it was over. Sure, the kiss under the mistletoe had come some days late, but the way he was feeling, it might as well have been Christmas today.

Soap Soap

F23A5F03-15ED-4597-8A57-0DD776D69D8C.jpeg
Jasmine

jasmine sighed as she laid there in the snow. Instantly freezing she took a second to collect herself before a girl to her aid. Thanking whatever higher powers there where that someone was there to aid her. Just as she reached for the hand of aid her cousin came up and distracted Alice. Staring up at the two she couldn’t help but glare a little up at her cousin as she waited just a few moments before letting out a little throat clearing sound.

“Umm hello? Disabled girl who’s never seen snow before wearing nothing but short shorts and a tank top still stuck in the snow.! Maybe you could stop flirting and please help me cuz?” She called out to them with a “don’t mind me” glare. Shifting a little she brought her arms over her chest and started to shiver. “P-p-please help before I freeze to death?” She asked in a more light and pleading tone to the two.
KingofAesir KingofAesir A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Rae's smile didn't wavier when Theo caught her keeping her from falling. Any other day, having a stranger touch her would of made her extremely uncomfortable, even if it was only for a few seconds. But who could be uncomfortable around Theo, he was incredibly sweet and the whole school seemed to love him. Despite him being a bit overly happy at times, he was easy to be around.

Rae was happy that he took up her offer to get a drink together, but the thought crossed her mind, how would Chase feel. The two of them were best friends, he'd probably be happy she was hanging out with him and not some other guy. It was Theo after all, Chase would probably like that Theo would keep the other guys at bay so Rae wouldn't look like she was single and alone, right?

"I didn't even realize this many people went to our school." The cabin was overly crowded, even though Rae would still be considered 'new' she felt like she should have been able to recognize more people than she did... "I've been laying low for the most part. Either on the mountain or reading. I can only handle so much drama." Rae smiled as they made their way over to the drinks. Mads had come in the other night drunk and complaining about Karleen texting him, Rae just shook her head. Of course Madison would of unblocked the psycho, she just listened to him go on till he passed out and Rae was able to block her again on his phone.

"Hey.. Have you heard from Chase? I thought he was coming up here..." Her eyes softened and her smile dropped from her face. It was like Chase had just fallen off the side of the earth without warning. All she wanted was an explanation on what happened, Thanksgiving hadn't gone to plan, for whatever reason Ms. Vaughn thought Rae was some gold digging girl just after Chase for his money. Maybe she had convinced Chase it was true, but Rae didn't really believe that. Rae looked over at the bar counter before drawing her attention back to Theo.

She brought a smile back to her face as he handed her a drink, accidentally brushing her fingers against his when she went to take the glass.
"Sorry." She quickly muttered moving her fingers and bringing the glass to her lips taking a small sip. "No I really can't.." Rae's life had been turned upside down in the last few months. A few things had gotten better, but most of it had gotten a lot worse. "Hopefully the New year will be a lot better than the last."

Maree Maree

588370Vanden slowed down for Jaehwa so he could catch up when they were running over to where the others were. The blond girl offered them a swig of Vodka, and Vanden took the bottle and drank a big swig of it and handed it to Jaehwa. "Whoa, that's strong, but good!' Vanden said with a laugh. "One of my friends told me last year that if you don't eat all day and start drinking, you get drunk faster and guess what...I only had a bite a breakfast at like 4:30 this morning!" As they stood there watching the shed burn Vanden turned to Jaehwa. He was genuinely interested in Jae and wanted to know more about his home life and what he was into. "So Jaehwa, tell me about your home, do you all follow any Korean traditions? And what about school. What are you into there?"

Vanden's mom had made sure that her family had followed some of the Chinese traditions, so that way they would never forget where they came from and Vanden would grow up knowing about Chinese culture. Only Vanden continued with the traditions. After his mom passed his dad just seemed to give up on them. But Vanden wasn't going to stop. He would honor his mother's memory in this way. In fact, he had already decided that he was going to go to China one day and see the rest of his family. Vanden felt a longing to see them, and to be on the soil his mother was born. That would strengthen his connection with his mom even more wouldn't it?

Interactions: Kipsy Kipsy Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Last edited:
Zach

"If it works it works." He watched as the flames slowly burned away the shed. This was better than a fire pit, and it might actually give off some warmth from the flames and it probably wouldn't spread with all the snow surrounding it.. Ash and Jace weren't going to be happy with the arson happening on their grandparents' property. At least it wasn't the house.

Quickly Zach came to his senses and realized that burning down Ash's family shed was a quick way to not get invited back.
"Okay this was a bad idea." He really wasn't thinking much today. Zach quickly made his way inside and came back outside with a fire extinguisher, easily putting out the fire and luckily it hadn't caused much damage. He was actually able to savage some wood from inside and start an actual fire within the fire pit.

He looked back over to Tatum as she introduced herself.
"Nice to officially meet you Tatum, I'm sorry it took this long." Zach smirked, watching as Tatum pulled out a handle of Vodka. "I see you like to start the party off strong." He nodded to her as she took a swig of Vodka. That was someone who was just trying to get drunk, most people who drank like that were usually trying to get over something or someone. He nodded towards the others who had gathered at the fire, seems like they had drew some attention by almost starting a fire, but at least they were able to save the shed.

Maree Maree Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Last edited:
Sawyer

Sawyer jolted at the sound of Jasmine's voice and reached to further help her up with an apology and a glare of her own. She wasn't flirting. She was just being nice. That's it, that's all. Just making friendly jokes and she was trying to make this point very clear to her cousin with her glare. She pulled her jacket off her shoulders, leaving her in just a slightly insulated long sleeve shirt, and draped it over Jasmine's shoulders in an effort to keep her at least somewhat warm.

"Sorry, sorry." She chuckled sheepishly, "Maybe you should buy some winter clothes before coming to Maine next time, Ms. Hot Weather." She patted Jasmine's back and turned back to Alice to wait for her answer to Sawyer's question. A familiar face behind Alice's shoulders caught Sawyer's eyes though and she was reminded of the task she still had ahead of her. Sawyer cursed under her breath and offered Alice a smile very similar to the one she'd just given to Jasmine. She had to talk to Grace, but that would mean just leaving Alice and her cousin in the dust. Sawyer's eyes flicked back and forth between Grace's figure and Alice before she finally came to a decision.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I have to go." Sawyer stepped around Alice and turned around to walk backwards for a few steps, "It was nice meeting you, Alice. I'm sorry i have shit to take care of, I'll catch you later, Jas." And with those words of parting, Sawyer took off in Grace's direction, bobbing and weaving through crowd members as she went. Sawyer hoped to god she would be able to not get Grace angry with her. The last thing she wanted was some kind of awkward standstill like there had been at the beginning of the trip. She needed to damage control before any damage could happen. If she could just work up the courage.

"Grace! Grace! Babe, hey I need to talk to you." Sawyer caught up with her girlfriend and grabbed her by the arm in order to spin her around to face her, "Hi, I haven't seen you all day. I was starting to get worried."

Soap Soap Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving A Little Cloud A Little Cloud

Last edited:
Grace
tumblr_inline_pk8vxwBWfR1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Her talk earlier with Stu had set the blonde in a good mood, she was glad to know that Stu and her are actual friends. It took a bit to realize that, but he wasn't as bad as Jace and Theo made him sound. Because there was absolutely no way Grace could've ever associated with someone like that, that'd be... way too difficult to deal with, and she's happy she doesn't have to at school. She took her time getting ready for the bonfire. Taking a... mental health day or something.

It was nice to have time to herself, she placed her emotions from Hunter and Ash somewhere else, because she wasn't upset anymore. Really, this time she actually wasn't. They both deserved apologies. Even though she apologized to Hunter already... she could always try again later. When she actually y'know, isn't jealous. And her and Ash both said things they probably regret. There's no way Grace wants to end the year with her being mad at her best friend.

So, after a long bath, icing her ankle, and a ton of thinking. She wandered around the bonfire, it wasn't long until Sawyer had found her. Turning around to face her with a smile. "No reason to be worried. I kinda suck at ski-ing, but I'll live." Grace leaned in and kissed her softly.

"Plus, I actually had a really good talk with Stu surprisingly, and as it turns out--" Rambling. She wanted to talk, Grace.

"Sorry, sorry, What did you need to talk about?"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Mentions: Winona Winona Dede Dede

Juliette
original.gif

There was crying, yes. But Juliette sucked it up. Who cares? Ava wasn't her best friend, Lexi was a complete whore, and Bryan was a fucking asshole. Fuck them. Who needs them? Not JJ. She'll make sure to get her own revenge on Bryan and Lexi. Oh man, was she ready for that. And... for Ava? You'd expect her to have a whole master plan to get back at her too right? Of course. But no, she couldn't really think of anything.

There was no way to hurt someone that cared about nothing and no-one.

But was she still upset about it? There wasn't even a question to it. Lonni-- Ava. Betrayed her, that's all there was to it.

In her whole revenge plan, she totally forgot that she kissed someone's girlfriend. And... honestly? Juliette felt bad. What made her any better than Lexi? There was no way she actually liked Sawyer, and it took a whole day of thinking about it. Psh, if there was any girl she thought she'd be thinking about turning gay for it'd be--

Anyway.

She should apologize, Grace didn't deserve to feel whatever she just went through-- Not that she was going to tell her in the first place, Grace was still head cheerleader, and as nice as she was. What if she kicked her off the team? No, JJ couldn't let that happen. Her gaze roamed around the bonfire before landing onto the two blondes. She made her way to them as they were engaged in conversation. "Grace, Sawyer." She raised an eyebrow at Sawyer and tilted her head to the side, indicating to speak privately.

Juliette got impatient and rolled her eyes. "Sorry, need to steal your girlfriend real quick." She grabbed Sawyer by the arm and dragged her a few ways away from Grace. Once the coast was completely clear of an annoying and overly perky cheerleader, she turned serious and looked Sawyer in the eyes.

"I'm not gay."

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Mentions: Winona Winona

kendall+is+moving.gif

After what was probably a hundred or so apologies Ian relaxed and chatted with Caleb. Turned out he was a pretty cool guy, another person he would have to look out for at school. Before he realized it, it had become late. He had spent the rest of that night just chatting with his new girlfriend and the guy he bumped into. The rest of the week went pretty similarly. Talking with people, snowboarding some, and spending time with Sierra and Nova. Strangely things had been quiet, which Ian had come to learn was kind of unusual with the crowd. Then again there wasn't any big events going on until New Year's Eve.

When New Year's Eve had finally come Ian had spent most of the day snowboarding. He had been trying to get as much in as he could before the vacation was over. It was also a good time to just think about things. When he did finally come in he had come up with a couple of song ideas and lots of opinions on life. He took a quick shower as the time for the bonfire was fast approaching. When he was done he looked at himself in the mirror for a while. He had developed a slight sunburn on the edges of his face due to being out in the bright snow all day. He couldn't help but chuckle at the slight red framing his face. His eyes then drifted to his shoulders. His smile faded and his teeth clenched. He shook himself out of it and headed out into kitchen of the West's beautiful cabin. He gave a smile to those he recognized and went about making himself a drink.

Once he had a drink in his hand Ian made his way outside to the bonfire, wondering if he would find Nova. After all they would have to kiss at midnight right? While he scanned the crowd his eyes landed on his closest female friend in Westbrook, the blond whose family owned the place he was currently vacationing at. Immediately he felt a little guilty. Here she had invited him to this place and they had barely talked the entire time. Ian was pretty sure she wasn't available most of the time given she was the host, but its's not like he really made an effort to seek her out. He made his way over to Ash, pushing through the crowd of teens at various stages of intoxication.

"Hey there pretty little girl. How've you been? We haven't really talked all week. Thanks again for the invite up here it's been great-" Ian paused and looked down at his stomach. The bruise there had faded somewhat but it was still there. "-mostly great" he added with a chuckle. "But I definitely don't want to go this whole time without a little bit of partying with our gracious host." he gave her a playful nudge before taking a sip from his drink. "I've just been a little distracted, but I have some free time now." His mind drifted to the distractions he referred to. His sister coming up was definitely part of what distracted him, but mostly his time had been spent with Nova. A slight tint of red rose to his cheeks as he thought about his girlfriend. He pushed the thoughts aside for the moment so he could focus on his friend but the color remained on his face. Winona Winona Mentions: Soap Soap txlos txlos

Ash
Thoughtful.gif

Her week had been more of a disaster than she had originally planned. Well... maybe not so much of a disaster, but just plain boring, and downright disappointing. Ryder had indeed failed to come up and although hanging out with Mads had been fun, it wasn't the same. Plus, being away from Grace just made everything worse. For the first time in forever, Ash felt like an outsider at her own party, at her own ski cabin. It was strange, and she didn't like it one bit. How did Jace live like this?

She was outside and, for the first time this week, was only slightly drunk as opposed to giggling and falling over. More of just a buzz, at least for now. Ash had plans to head back inside and find another bottle of untouched vodka, but for now, she was trying to enjoy the impromptu bonfire when Ian came up to her. Ash forced a smile to her face, looking up at him as he started speaking. There was no denying the subtle blush on his cheeks. Had he actually managed to find someone in this cold wasteland?

"Oh? Free time? Have you been busy with someone?" She asked, not at all beating around the bush as Ash leaned over to poke him in the side. For a moment, she started to lose her balance, but managed to catch herself. Okay, so a little more than just buzzed tonight, too. The idea of Ian finding someone was sweet, but it also filled Ash with jealousy. Here she was supposed to spend the week with her loving boyfriend but instead, Ash had been more alone than ever. "Who is it? What's their name?"

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back