• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Caleb
tumblr_inline_ngsjgbSCbO1t6da4c.gif

Caleb's smile completely faded now, he removed his hands from his pockets and took a seat ways away from her, not wanting to get too close incase she didn't want him to. "I'll... have..." He didn't drink much anymore, after a very depressing and drunken night after their breakup, due to a fight with his father, he'd made it a rule to not come home drunk anymore. He knew that he wasn't in a position to argue. So, Caleb just shut up and said. 'Yes sir.' That didn't mean he wasn't going to drink when he wasn't near him, all he had to do is not get plastered.

How hard can that be? Glancing over at Serena and her words made him look away from her immediately. Turns out it'd be extremely hard. "Club soda, tons of olives." Giving the bartender a small smile. He sat a few moment in silence. He wanted to tell her he was sorry again. That he didn't do anything all those months ago, that those girls were... void compared to her.

Instead. Well, he just didn't say anything along those lines. Taking the drink and muttering a thank you. What was he supposed to say to her? What did she even want to hear? There was so many questions flooding his brain and they were only about her. "Why are you alone?" Now, he actually made eye-contact with her. Watching her with an extreme amount of curiosity. She was popular, and yet, Caleb never wanted to associate her with the 'popular' crowd. He hated everything about it.

Sure, he was on the football team. He played good. But he was disinterested in making conversation with any of the other boys on the team, Caleb was just the boy in the background while the others fought each-other, fighting to show who was the 'stronger man.' Was there a true reason why a senior decided to physically lift a freshman when he'd just wanted to try out for the team? Egos and WestBrook got on his nerve. "Where's um..." Who did she even hang out with now? No, forget that question. He shouldn't know. They're broken up. He cleared his throat and left it at that.
DrabberRogue DrabberRogue
Grace
tumblr_inline_pk8x3a5hhj1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace shook her head, nope. She wasn't going to believe she wasn't a good liar, she'd been doing it for a whole week now! "I'm not a bad liar. I've... lied to countless times." That too, obviously was a lie. Scanning the party while Sawyer started talking about how Belle was popular already, it wasn't too suprising to Grace, she was exactly the type everyone loved. She fit in perfectly. An amused smile came onto her face about the dancing, but gave Sawyer a disapproving look anyway. "Mmhm. A Joke." Grace teased.

Her eyes landed on Ash who was still with the guy from earlier, Grace crossed her arms and continued to watch their interaction until Sawyer pulled her thoughts away from that. Rubbing the back of her neck thinking about how she'd blown up at her the other day, it wasn't right what she said. Of course it wasn't. What kind of friend would do that? "It... was stupid. I was wrong that's all." If she was being honest, she didn't want to talk about it.

Obviously not talking about things messed up a lot of stuff already, so she continued. "She's been really distant since the musical. She didn't even want to talk about it. Trust me I've tried, I sent many messages that I haven't gotten a reply to yet." At this point, she didn't care about the musical as much anymore. Grace just had so much other things she wanted to talk about with her, Belle had taken that spot for the time being... although it wasn't like she really wanted that in the first place. Belle was great. She was! But, Ash was her best friend since... well, since the longest she could remember. "Maybe... I sound selfish. But it isn't fair to me that everyone else is more important than I am." Glancing towards Ash again and her eyes widened as she saw her kiss the guy.

What? No, what about Ryder? There was no way she was cheating. Right? Ash wouldn't do that... not intentionally. Even if they were broken up... were they even still broken up? See! She should know these things. Once Ash stumbled off, Grace had to follow her. Even if they fought the other day, she wasn't going to leave her like that. "I'll be back." Almost tripping due to her imbalance, but she handled it, passing by a bathroom and catching the blonde throwing up, and she winced at the sight of it. Walking over and moving her hair out of the way while she continued to be sick.

"You okay?"

Winona Winona KingofAesir KingofAesir

Ariana

She wondered why her dad didn't hangout with Kanen and Carter as much, until he mentioned Boston. Where was that? It sounded far away, but Ari didn't ask. "Well that's silly. If I had friends I would hangout with them all the time." She sighed and stopped coloring for a moment to give Kanen a very serious expression. "Daddy is nice but he's boring. Uncle Drake is fun, though." She continued as she went back to coloring. "One time Uncle Drake took me in the woods and we found a dead animal and he let me poke it with a stick!" She really did miss her uncle, and she also remembered how mad her dad had been after that.

Ari frowned, thinking carefully about all the girls that her dad had told her about. Well, Grace was nice but gay and Ari didn't entirely understand what that meant when her dad was explaining it to her, so maybe. And Ash was too uptight for her uncle, and so was June. And if Carter was just a friend, that meant...

"Raven! Or Sawyer!" Her eyes lit up at the thought. Although Ari had never met Raven, she had seen Sawyer playing basketball once when her dad had taken her. She remembered sitting on his lap in the bleachers and how she had been unable to take her eyes off the girl. She had been amazing. "Sawyer is good with balls."

High5ives High5ives

--------------------------

Ash
Right.gif

She had sat with her eyes closed for a moment, before someone came up and pulled her hair out of the way. Ash wasn't able to look to see who it was before another wave of nausea overtook her, and she was vomiting once more. She kept going for a moment, until her stomach hurt so much that she felt like she'd been punched a hundred times over.

Ash finally sat back from the toilet, looking up to see Grace. Of course. Who else would've followed her to the bathroom to help her like this? Still, she was still angry about everything that had happened, and she thought back to how Grace had given Belle that beautiful gift, and held her hand, and god, Ash couldn't handle it. Fuck. She pulled away from Grace, narrowing her eyes at her. "Thanks, but you can go back to your new bestie now. I'm fine."

Obviously she was far from fine as she closed her eyes to try and keep another round of vomiting from taking over. Fuck. "Why did you even follow me? To rub your new bestie and all my fuck ups in my face? Blame me for rumors that I didn't spread?" Yeah, she was pretty angry about everything that had happened on Twitter.

Soap Soap

3BF868E6-6B49-4B86-8889-E87FB0AC944D.gif
“Sawyer is good with balls.”

Holy shit, Kanen damn near choked. If Ari wasn’t two, he would’ve given her a high five, because damn, that was probably some of the funniest shit Kanen had heard since he got back to Westbrook. One moment, Kanen was sitting there on the couch letting s little girl draw on his arm, the next moment, he was on the ground laughing. He couldn’t stop, and he couldn’t explain himself either. How do you explain the humor of a high school boy to a two-year old girl? Oh boy. This would be a mess.

“Raven. It’s Raven, you got me.” Kanen called out as he lay there on his back laughing still. The more he thought about stopping the harder it was. He wouldn’t be surprised if Ari just curbstomped his ass for laughing at her. Hell, maybe then he’d be able to stop laughing about it.

He sat up slowly, wiping his eyes. “You are so right. Sawyer is great at playing with pbbbttt” Kanen couldn’t even say it. He exploded into another fit of laughter, laughing so much that his abs hurt and his face was sore. Oh boy.

Winona Winona

Grace

Grace barely moved a few inches back when she pulled away, and at her words she instantly felt guilty. Belle was... just Belle. But that wasn't... her hands went to the necklace she'd bought for them both and felt worse. A necklace didn't mean anything though, Ash was still her best friend. Whether she was ignoring her or fighting... whatever was going on with them, that didn't change anything... right?

"I'm not going to leave until I know you're okay." Waiting until she got her aggravation out of the way, which only made her more confused. Rumors? Does she mean the stuff with Belle? She didn't mean to say what she said at the gym the other day. "I'm sorry for the other day, but you're acting totally out of control. What's up with you?" She hesitated thinking back to what Ryder had told her, and how she usually didn't eat much, and it ate at Grace knowing she never asked sooner, that out of all people Ryder had talked about it with her and she didn't...

don't get her wrong, Ryder was a good guy. But that didn't mean he was the person who should've brought it up in the first place. it was probably just the alcohol. But she needed to know. Grace was almost afraid to ask, but she did so anyway. "Why don't you eat?" Slurring over her words, slightly, staying close enough incase she needed to throw up again. A silent exchange passed by them as she stared, Grace didn't wait for a reply before she continued. "Is that why you've been ignoring me? Why we hardly ever talk anymore? Why the musical blew up?"

Taking a deep breath before asking again. "Are. you. okay." Grace was just hoping she'd get a real answer this time.

Winona Winona

Ariana

Well, if Kanen going on a date with Raven wasn't bad enough, now he was laughing at Sawyer. And Ari hadn't actually met Sawyer, but she thought that she was the coolest person ever. So how dare he fall on the ground -- and ruin her rose coloring -- and make fun of her role model! So Ari dropped the marker on the couch, and hopped down after him.

"You're just jealous!" She yelled, tackling Kanen and smacking him in the chest when he sat up and stopped laughing. How dare he make fun of her Sawyer, the most amazing girl! "Because you can't play with balls like Sawyer does!" Ari was still smacking his chest for a moment before she remembered her coloring.

She quickly snatched his arm, turning it over to see her coloring streaked, which earned a loud ugh from Ari. "Uncle K!" she whined. "You ruined it! Raven isn't going to want to go on a date with you if you aren't pretty."

High5ives High5ives

----------------------------------

Ash
Right.gif

Ash wasn't "out of control." She was just enjoying herself, an yeah, maybe she was going a little farther than she would've in the past, but people grew and changed. And Ash was just trying to enjoy her time... and then Grace asked the worst thing ever, and Ash froze. She looked slowly from the floor to Grace, her expression a mix of anger and confusion. How had... how had she heard about the not eating thing? Had Ryder done this? And suddenly, Ash was mad.

"Did Ryder put you up to this?" She snapped, her thoughts going back to that day he had said he loved her, the day that he had approached her about this exact same thing. Ash stood up, albeit swaying a bit as she did so, but kept her gaze leveled angrily at Grace. "God I fucking eat. Just not a lot. I'm sorry if my diet fucking offends you, but I'm fine." And yeah, she did eat. Just enough to survive. And it was working! Ash had been losing a ton of weight! "Why the hell are you even acting like you care?"

It was true. Ash had been on this particular "diet" for years, ever since junior high. She had been about thirteen when she got tired of her mother poking fun at her weight, and had finally decided to do something about it. For some reason, despite how much she tried, she still always felt too heavy, but that was for her to worry about. Not Grace or Ryder. "I'm sorry that I'm not perfect fucking Grace Jackson." She headed towards the sink, leaning up against the cabinet to hold her balance.

"I didn't fuck the musical up on purpose. Yes I drank, but I would've been fine if it wasn't for those stupid weed brownies. And I drank because I'm in love with a guy who doesn't want to be with me, but I'm fine, so just leave me alone." Ash said, glaring at Grace as she slowly started to grow angrier and angrier. "But go ahead. Keep blaming me, keep spreading rumors. Whatever helps you sleep at night since you're such an amazing friend." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm.

If Ash was being honest, well... no of course she wasn't okay, but that didn't mean she was going to talk to Grace about it. Grace had made her choice when she kept hanging out with Belle while she continued to blame Ash for the rumors. Ash had no idea who had spread them, but she knew that it sure as hell wasn't her. And yeah, she had tried the dating thing with Ryder, but it didn't work out, and now the rumor that she slept around and was a hoe was slowly weighing her down. It was hard to drag yourself out from underneath something like that, and she was sick of all the texts from sleazy guys trying to hit her up or tease her about it.

And then of course, Grace had to come in and ask about the eating thing. Fuck. Of course Ash didn't eat! How could she?! She was on a team with other cheerleaders, with perfect bodies, and Ash had always struggled to keep her weight down and keep herself skinny. Although her father had always told her that she was fine, her mother's constant teasing and pushing about it had eventually led her to here. And hell, it was her business, not Grace's, not Ryder's. Hers.

Soap Soap

Theodore Presley

Mood: Uhhhh what? | Interacting with: Jace |Mentions: Winona Winona

Theo was right once again, navy blue was definitely Jace's colour. Then Jace commented on his bag which was most definitely still full of an assortment of gifts. "Maaaaybe... But you can't prove it" he said, putting the bag down again. What was he supposed to do? Jace hadn't looked like he was having a good time and he needed to change that. Plus he looked kind of cute when he was blushing. Wait, what? Nope. That was not a thought that just occurred in his head. It was a fluke. It wasn't like in a romantic way guys could totally find other guys cute, right?

He took a big gulp of his drink in order to distract himself from what he had just thought. "You're really missing out. This stuff is great." he looked up from his drink only to notice that he had moved the beanie out of place. "For someone who's meant to wear beanies all the time you made it crooked. Here let me fix it again" he chuckled. This time as he leaned closer to fix his beanie he was very aware of the little distance between them. But a part of him didn't mind it, maybe even liked it? His eyes flickered down to meet Jace's. At first, he thought they were blue but the more he looked into them he started to notice the green. Some teens yelling nearby brought him back to reality and he quickly moved back. "So uh, how come you're not drinking?" he quick;y changed the subject, averting his eyes as a faint blush formed on his cheeks.

Theo probably would have backed away into the crowd out of awkwardness. But that would also bring even more attention to what had just happened and he didn't want that. "So what did I miss out on while I was away? Ash and Grace seem pretty rocky" he commented. He tried to find the two girls in the room but had no luck. Maybe they were elsewhere? It was quite a big place.
code by Ri.a

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

Wow, Theo was like Mary Poppins or something. Was it Mary Poppins who pulled weird things out of her backpack? Maybe more like Dora the Explorer, although no one with half a brain liked Dora. But how could you not like Mary Poppins? His mother used to sing the whole "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" when he had tried to avoid taking his cough medicine or something when he was sick because, well, sugar really did make things go down.

"I guess I could have like one drink." Jace glanced towards the bar, awkwardly raising his hand and waiting for the bartender to come over, and then pointed at Theo's drink. "One of those gorgeous blue things, please and thank you." And then he waited until the bartender moved away to turn back to Theo, and then he was commenting on the beanie that already felt comfortably at home on top of his head. For the second time tonight -- hell for the second time in a very short period -- Theo was leaning in close to Jace, and he was quiet and out of breath again. Damn it... he didn't know how to react, or what to do, when Theo's gaze caught his own. He had really gorgeous eyes, and his nose was kind of cute and how had he gotten his hair-- ... wait, what was he doing?

He was thankful when Theo leaned away once more, and even more thankful when the fruity drink arrived. Jace turned away from Theo for a moment, trying to ignore whatever weird thoughts were going through his head. Eh, Ash was always commenting on other girls' hair, so that's probably all that was. He was allowed to appreciate guys, right? Jace took a large gulp of the drink, listening as Theo talked, and then just shook his head. "You have missed so much. But yeah, Ash got drunk and high before the musical and kind of ruined it, so her and Grace aren't on the best of terms at the moment. And then like, I guess something happened with cheerleading. It's weird... I don't think they've ever hated each other for this long, and I don't know if they'll even like, make up."

Maree Maree

125216A8-C698-4C19-9964-F0E5614EDAF6.gif
As Ari unleashed her savage attack, Kanen just couldn’t stop laughing. He hardly noticed her little hands beating on his chest or her practically yelling in his ear. It was only harder to regain control when she accused him of being jealous. Yup, Kanen could never play with balls like Sawyer could. Never ever. He wished he could just explain to Ari what made it so funny, but somehow, that seemed inappropriate to talk about with a child.

He only stopped when Ari complained that her coloring was ruined. Kanen looked over, still giggling to himself, and examined the coloring.”It still looks fine Ari, I promise. It’s abstract art now.” He tried to assure her. “Besides, I’m sure if Raven knew you’re the one who did it, she’d love it either way.”

Regardless, Kanen wasn’t really worried about it. It was a made up date. Even if it wasn’t, Kanen and Raven had never really gotten along all that well. A coloring on his arm wasn’t going to make or break the situation. “You can always color over it too?” He offered.

Winona Winona

Ariana

Ari huffed. She couldn't just color over it... well, she could, but her mistake would still be under there. And despite being so young, Ariana had already started to become a bit of a perfectionist. Hence how she was even able to color in the lines, which took way too long and a lot of deep concentration and yeah, still being a child meant that there were often gaps where she had failed to completely color things in, but her colors never crossed or touched each other.

"You can't just color over it, Uncle K." She huffed once more, looking at the rose thoughtfully and thinking about what he had said about Raven, and then her face lit up with the best idea ever. "Uncle K! I want to know what Raven says! Message her and see what she thinks! I want to know right now!" She said, pulling puppy dog eyes and everything.

What? Ariana was interested, and now that her rose was ruined, she might as well get joy out of it. Plus, that sparkly skull still looked amazing, and if Raven didn't like that, then Ari was going to have a problem.

High5ives High5ives

Olive infested soda was an odd choice, considering they were literally just talking about alcohol. Serena eyed him and his drink for a few moments. Unfortunately that was enough time for Caleb to come up with something else to say, this time actually meeting her sharp gaze. Great. Why couldn't he just go off and flirt with some other girl? It was as if the only times he wasn't chasing someone else were the times she actually wanted him to.

Still she had to talk. Serena simply shrugged in response to his question, giving an indifferent glance around the room. "I haven't been here very long, still getting my bearings." And looking for a conversation she actually wanted to join in on. Of course she didn't add that, it wouldn't do to be so open about what she thought of some people. It would've been better to have just bit the bullet and joined the new girl's little crowd though, now that she saw the full picture. Maybe then she could've dodged Caleb that way.

She blinked a couple times when he tried to ask about... someone. Who? Did he seriously forget their name? Or maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about? The conversation stayed like that for several seconds, just hanging, before Serena finally opened her mouth again. Seriously, who was he talking about? If anyone? Details damn it! "Oh, Grace?" Of course he probably wasn't actually talking about Grace, but she might as well fill in the space. Typical jock, didn't even know what he was talking about. "She's-..." Serena turned to look in Belle's direction, preparing some snark about how Caleb never paid attention, but Grace actually wasn't there anymore.

Oh. Well that was embarrassing. It was a good thing she hadn't said anything, otherwise she would've been making a fool of herself. Even then she still felt like one. Something else prevented her from fretting too much over her mistake, however. "Um... I'm not sure where she is." Serena concluded, her tone only half interested in the subject. It looked like she had been right about Ash. Seriously, she was already kissing another boy. Par for the course at this point.

On a brighter note, she figured out where Grace was not too long after. "Oh! There she is!" Serena remarked, watching the cheer captain chase her best friend out of the room. If they were even still best friends. Mostly satisfied, she turned back to the other cheater at the bar. "So that's why I'm not hanging out with her. She looks busy." Deciding a sip of her wine was due, she picked the glass back up once she'd answered the boy's questions. At this rate it looked like the red liquor was going to be her only friend for the next few minutes.

Soap Soap

Belle Taylor

Mood: Drunk | Interacting with: Raven and Carter
Mentions: Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

"Ooo yes. The Thanksgiving game is going to be great. Hopefully, the boys won't get too distracted" Belle laughed, meeting Carters eyes. Oh boy, she certainly could be charming and she was insanely attractive. It might have just been the alcohol but she found herself blushing under her gaze.

She waved to Sawyer as she ushered Grace away. Their talk was much needed and hopefully, they would both get everything off their chests. Her attention was turned back to Carter as they were left alone. "I'm not gonna give in to the Westbrook norms so easily. I have a plan to deal with the false rumours but that will come later" she smirked. Why gossip about something that was untrue when she could give them something to really gossip about. It wasn't time for that quite yet though.

Had anyone caught her eye? I mean it was hard not to be interested when there were so many attractive people. "And if I said you had?" Belle flirted. She was curious how she would react. It was always hard to tell what way girls swung. Then Raven chose that moment to join the two drunk girls. Drinking was so fun and she needed to join them in it. "Hey. Yep, you definitely look better in person" she complimented. Good was not a strong enough word to describe how Raven looked. If she flirted with her in person she wasn't sure how she would react.

"Ahh yes, important questions" Belle confirmed, nodding her head. "I mean it is quite hard to not have multiple little crushes around so many attractive people" she admitted, tucking her hair behind her ear. "As for people who caught my eye... I actually was meant to go on a date Drake before he vanished" she fiddled with her ring. She was still so worried about him. Couldn't he just come home already? "So my ego took a serious blow after that one. So no one at the moment really" she finished, happy with her answer.

code by Ri.a

Theodore Presley

Mood: paaaarty| Interacting with: Jace, June|Mentions: Winona Winona Moonshadow Moonshadow

Theo chewed on his lip. Yes, his friends fighting. Great distraction. He can focus on being concerned for them. Why were they even fighting in the first place? Before Theo had left for France they were joint at the hip. He didn’t think that anything could get between Ash and Grace. Oh god, maybe he was away for a little too long. Things seemed to be falling apart but that was okay. He could help fix things. It couldn’t be too hard, right? Maybe they just needed some reminding of the good old days. Before all the drama when everyone was pretty much best friends.

“I’m sure it can’t be that bad. They are best friends I doubt anything could break them up forever. They’ll work it out I’m sure” he said, finishing off the rest of his drink. If he was going to get this done he needed some more alcohol. After not drinking for so long he was already feelling it make its way through his system. “I shall be back” he announced, standing up and making his way deeper into the house.

Theo had opened many doors but Ash and Grace were nowhere to be found. He sighed and stepped into a random room. Waaaait. They had a games room? This was great. God, he loved pool it was like the best social game. There was air hockey as well? Oh fuck yeah, he wanted to play some air hockey. His eyes fell on a familiar redhead. Yess an opponent. “Hey, June! Play air hockey with me” he said, rushing over to the game and starting to set it up. This time when he looked at June he saw her face. She didn’t look like she was having a good time. “Are you okay?” He asked, genuinely concerned for her.
code by Ri.a

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd1784UcV1rqmlml_400.gif

Raven raised at brow at Carter's 'important questions.' Grinning while she settled herself in the seat between them. These redheads weren't as bad as the other, whether or not Carter was a real redhead or not, she much more preferred her other than June right now. Shaking her head at that whole interaction, she wasn't sure if it pissed her off or messed with her in other ways honestly. Feeling sorry for wherever Drake was, Raven didn't know him that well but... well, it was Mason's brother. Poor them.

"I'm sure that'd change." She said taking a sip out of her drink, WestBrook was full of people that could catch your eye, Raven knew that first hand, there was no doubt she figured she was one of them. "However, it is your birthday. I'm more than sure a few guys would be interested in making a few birthday wishes come true." Throwing a subtle wink her way.

Her grin widened and eyed her from the rim of her glass. "Or girls." Glancing towards Carter, it was harmless flirting. the brunette was, in fact, taken. Huh. She never would've thought that could've been a thing, it didn't matter if Alaska and her didn't label themselves yet, and unsure if they ever will. The point was, she wasn't about to tell a girl she wanted her and turn around to snatch the newest girl that came in town. Even... if she was sure she could.
Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle

Caleb
tumblr_inline_ngsjgbSCbO1t6da4c.gif

Caleb wasn't sure who he was talking about, but she obviously did, glancing around for the cheerleader she seemed to be talking about. It was soon brought to his attention that she was busy, he nodded. Naturally, he didn't know her very well other than the rumors. A newly gay cheerleader who was pregnant. Interesting choice in friends, but Caleb wasn't really one to judge. Especially her out of all people, she didn't deserve it. "Oh. Right, Grace. That's who I meant." He nodded and took a sip of his drink.

Watching as the blonde went after another. "She seems busy." He hated everything about this conversation. It was awkward and neither of them seemed interested, but he was. He wanted to hear about whatever weird friend she had, or about her day, but the hard truth was he wasn't ever going to talk to her the way he wanted to. Because she didn't want him to. Caleb was already regretting coming to this party in the first place. "I'm sorry." It was clear what he meant, he meant for everything.

"For... the stain you couldn't get out. I mean..." Why did he clarify on something he didn't mean? Good question. One... that he didn't have an answer to

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

Grace

Grace shook her head when she snapped, no. Of course Ryder didn't put her up to this, but it was eating at her for so long. What was she supposed to do? Not bring it up? No, Sawyer wasn't the only one who cared about someone hurting themselves. "I noticed. how could I not?" How could she not even bring it up sooner? Ash's questions were completely out of line. Why did she care? What does that even mean? If Grace was in the same position she was sure she'd ask the same thing... right? "I care because your my friend. I always cared." She stated. It was so clear that she wasn't 'fine.' And the fact that she was actually lying about it to her face, it killed her.

Her words almost made her reel back, it was a question if it was the way she'd said them or the alcohol just making her stumble. "Ash..." What was she supposed to say to that? 'I'm not perfect?' She wasn't. Grace the exact definition of not perfect, no matter how hard she tried, she always messed everything up. Which was exactly the way this conversation was going. Maybe Ash was okay, why was she spiralling then? Drinking at the musical? No, she was smarter than that. Her mother was even there, Ash would've tried harder to impress her, whether or not Elise was a terrible person... she was still her mom. She knew first hand what it was like to want approval.

That didn't mean Grace wouldn't give her own. She continued and gave her a reason beyond the drinking, she wasn't convinced, but that didn't mean that she couldn't of been wrong about it. Maybe she didn't have an eating disorder, maybe it was all in her head. "Fine. You drank because of the stupid brownies." She wanted her to accept it? Fine. Okay. "That doesn't mean Ryder don't want you! He misses you." It was true. Ryder talked to her the day of the musical. He was just as sad as she was.

...No. She wasn't a good friend, and she knew that. But she was trying to fix it. However, her feelings weren't her actions. "He isn't going to want you if you're kissing up on some random guy. That isn't you, you're okay. Stop lying to me." Grace crossed her arms, clearly fed up with the conversation. "I'm really trying here. I just want us to talk the way we always do. Why don't you trust me?" It was clear this past week Grace needed her, but maybe it was the other way around?

Winona Winona

Ash
Right.gif

The last thing she really wanted to talk about right now was Ryder, and everything that Grace was saying was just pissing her off more. And then, she mentioned that stupid mistake of a kiss. Ash was surprised for a moment, and then all she could think about was how many other people had seen that kiss? Fuck... how could she have been so stupid?

So Ash just turned the anger she felt on herself towards Grace. "It was a fucking accident. Just a dare and he turned and we accidentally kissed at the wrong moment. But I see you believe the rumors, too, right? That I just sleep around with everyone?" She shook her head and yeah, Ash knew that what she was saying made no sense, and that none of it was probably true, but she was angry and leaned against the sink and felt like shit and, well, she was just done. "I'm not lying to you. I'm okay. But I mean, if even you think that all I do is sleep around, I might as fucking well." Okay, so she probably wasn't going to do that.

"And why should I tell you anything? Why should I trust you?" Ash snapped. "You obviously don't trust me since I found out with everyone else that you were gay. You didn't even trust me enough to tell me that. Sawyer and June knew before I did, and like I get that, but fucking Ryan knew first? I'm your best friend, you're supposed to tell me this shit, but instead you don't tell me anything." And yeah, maybe Ash was being a bit unreasonable, but it was something that had bothered her for a while.

"Fuck you, Grace. Go away and just leave me alone. You're great at that. Go hangout with your new best friend and just leave me the fuck alone." She turned away from Grace, looking down into the sink and closing her eyes for a moment.

Soap Soap

Carter
NkpQ.gif

"As long as its the other team you distract. We're already sucking as it is this year." Carter waved the bartender back over. A flirtatious smirk, slowly batting her eyelashes. "another if you don't mind." As she pointed to her glass. Nodding her head along, she gave props to Belle, she was way more hardy than she looked. Not going to put up with Westbrook's shit show took a lot. There were a lot of people loose their composure when their name comes with a negative connotation.

Carter smirked when Belle suggested that Carter had caught her eye. She raised her glass to her lips, she may have responded had Raven not walked up. A drunk Carter was extremely distractable. Shifting in her seat she was getting the need to move around, being sedentary for so long was getting old fast.

"Ooo wow Drake... You move fast girl." She snickered. "Honestly Drake is a lot." Carter got more serious, she didn't know much about Drake, but she knew enough about his situation. "He-well.. He needs help. Honestly, I don't think he can get into anything serious, till he figures himself out.." Carter started to think about that Drake was still missing. Why hadn't Mason gone to find him, he knows his usual places. But him being gone for a week was unusual.. Maybe it was time to make a missing persons report... "Don't let your ego feel too bruised. It has nothing to do with you."

Carter smiled along with Raven when she threw it out there that there would be a few guys or girls who would be on their knees for the new red head. She would have expected much else from her.

Carter's eyes went wide for a second, mostly with shock. "Wait I just remembered something." She said leaning across Raven towards Belle. "So.. I'm outing myself right now.." She whispered rather loudly. "I looked you up when you joined school." Leaning back into her own seat. "I saw the crash. It's so crazy you were the only one to survive." She had tried to say it rather sympathetically, but in her drunk state it came out very abrupt.

Maree Maree Soap Soap

Zach
tumblr_inline_nns4quPILE1sccn28_500.gif

Zach had been talking up some brunette when his phone buzzed.

DM from RingMyBelle.

He quickly swiped open his phone, looking to see the birthday girl was in a bit of distress. Annoyed with a rude guest at her party.

Zach had looked up from his phone, how could he say no to the birthday girl. Especially since one of her guest were being so rude. Like who comes to a party to play their own music in the corner. Charlie, of course it was Charlie. He was always blowing up twitters newsfeed with pictures no one cared about. Blasting messages to his friend, carper? narper, whatever the hell their name was.

"If you could exuse me, I'll be right back." He smiled, at the girl turning back to give her a wink. "I have to take care of something real quick." He'd have to try to remember her name on his walk.

Zach made his way to the otherside of the house, Charlie happened to be the furthest away from the alcohol, and the pretty girls. He approached the guy sitting in the corner strumming his guitar. "Hey" He said towering over the guy. "What are you even doing??" He furrowed his eyebrows.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

7105B43F-5957-4B82-A93D-AFDF255ECFFA.gif
Kanen chuckled his head. Text Raven out of the blue and ask her what she thought of his new and improved tattoos. Deal. “Alright, I’ll message Raven, but I’m not sure she’ll respond. I think she’s at a party right now with your mom and dad.” Kanen tried to explain as he took out his phone and messaged Raven. The moment he set his phone down, it buzzed. She had responded much faster than he had anticipated.

“That’s probably her, I guess.” Kanen said, unlocking his phone and reading over the message quickly. He smiled and showed Ari the messages, even if she couldn’t read. “Raven says she loves your coloring.” Kanen said, pointing out where Raven had indeed praised Ari. “In fact...” He began, scrolling down a little. “Raven wants you to color a purple rose, kinda like mine.” He said, pointing at the roses tattooed on his shoulder.

He was just about to respond to more tweets, going after Adriane of course, when the oven beeped. He’d completely forgotten about the pizza bites in the oven. Kanen popped up from his chair. “My pizza bites!” Barefoot, he went to run to the kitchen and almost immediately stubbed his toe. Oh god he’d rather die thanstub his poor pinky toe. It was truly a fate worse than death.

What do you do when you stub your toe? You yell, loud... “SON OF A FUCKING I'm uncultured-BITCH!” Kanen bellowed, momentarily forgetting that there was a toddler two feet away from him.

Winona Winona

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkajyl8DRt1t9ndkh_1280.gif

"I don't think you sleep with everyone, that isn't fair. Don't put words in my mouth." The fact that it was just a dare and an accident... well, that made sense... kind of. Why did she even take the dare in the first place? Grace wasn't going to push on it though. She opened her mouth to say something but Ash took the wheel in this argument and frankly, she wasn't even sure what she's supposed to say right now. It's not like she didn't trust her enough to tell her, she just didn't want to lose her. But that seemed to be a thing Ash was focused on doing anyway. "I'm sorry. It wasn't like that--" Grace shook her head as cut her self off. She was so sick of saying the same words over and over. How did Ryan even know? She never told Ryan...

Grace flinched at her words, and forced herself to look away from her, the pain was clear on Grace's face. Leave her alone? She opened the bathroom door and hesitated before leaving, she shook her head and scoffed in disbelief. She never once left her alone. And she wasn't going to leave until she said what was on her chest.

Why didn't she tell her? She was scared! It's like no one understood how she felt. Does Ash know what it's like to play a part every single day, to 'pretend' to check out a guy whenever one of the other cheerleaders told her to, to be... a 'good' christian girl her mother would approve of? Everyone at school saw Grace one specific way. Exactly the way everyone else did. 'The perfect Grace Jackson' Ash was Ash, she was always envious because she never had to try hard enough to be her. Did she ever once feel afraid to be herself? To have a chance to lose everyone she ever cared about because of who she loved? Grace doesn't assume. But she's really betting on the answer being. 'No.'

"I was afraid to tell you because--" Because why? Say it. What's the worst that can happen now? If Ash wasn't going to say the truth she was. "Because you're never there for me. Never. I'm always there to hear about the guy you kissed, or who you might have feelings for, your family problems. For every small mistake you've made, granted, they're terrible mistakes, but I never once judged you for them." She wasn't going to start now, Grace felt selfish for continuing but she did anyway. Only now daring to meet her gaze into the mirror. "Where were you?" She wasn't aware of the tears that stung her eyes, or to the few that fell when she blinked.

"You literally sat there and watched some random girl belittle me, you wasn't there when I was forced out of the closet, you weren't with me when I came out to my family, or with the dumb rumors that always go around, I felt like couldn't talk to you about everything at home because of your latest problems. I had the worst fight in my life with my mother on the night of the musical. Did you know? No. You didn't because you've been ignoring me. You. Left. Me. You went away, Every. Single. Time. Don't you ever say that I'm great at leaving because I've never once left your side." She quickly wiped away tears that fell and felt disgusted and embarrassed at herself from crying from something so stupid. Grace muttered a 'whatever.' and turned away from her former friend.

"I guess there's a first time for everything, so."

With that. She opened the door and left the room, closing it behind her with a dull thud.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
CFD07B42-CDE5-4298-A193-CBFD05402AFD.gif
June
She tapped her arm as she stared down at her feet. Calm down, calm down. She struggled to gain her senses at first until she put her hand against the air hockey table, feeling how cold it was. You’re alone now. It’s— As if life was testing her, the door opened up behind her to a almost familiar looking guy. She couldn’t quite put a finger on it. Regardless, he just barged in here and offered to play a game.

She looked away annoyed until he asked if she was okay. She wasn’t and she knew he knew. And she wasn’t about to seethe in own hypocrisy. “Well, I just fought with my ex-best friend, and I guess ex-lover?” She shook her head. “The same song and dance saying how much she hates me. Not like she’s special, I’ve got a lot of targets on my back apparently.” She mumbled before glancing up at him.

“Um. Can I ask why you came in here? You almost looked like you were looking for someone. Or avoiding someone. Honestly it looked the same.” She said awkwardly.

Maree Maree

Alaska

original.gif

The brunette was less than thrilled that they'd driven two hours from home to find out that the boy they were looking for had already safely found his way back home. He wasn't in jail (yet) and he wasn't dead...so frankly all of Alaska's questions had been answered. The whole reason she'd agreed to this dumb road trip was for answers, or at least she'd told herself. She'd been searching for closure and it seemed like she'd gotten it...almost. At least now she didn't have to blame herself for Kanen's death, he'd returned to Westbrook seemingly in one piece and what happened to him now was none of her concern.

"Do you think Kanen’s fine? I bet he’ll be thrilled to see you." Alaska was very certain that Kanen would not, in fact, be thrilled to see her. They'd kissed once and she'd suddenly tried to become his therapist and fix all his problems when she couldn't even fix her own. Honestly, it had been pathetic the way she'd clung on to the boy and more nervous than she should've been to see him face to face.

"I don't think I've ever seen one either." She contemplated, glad the younger boy had changed the subject so quickly.There were a lot of things the seventeen-year-old hadn't done yet, but driving to another state was now something she could check off. Who'd have thought that her first real road trip would be with a freshmen boy she barely knew.

They'd just gotten back on the road when Stu's father called him, not wanting to eavesdrop on his conversation she focused on the road ahead and watched the scenery passing them by. The huge sign for the nearby Aquarium caught her eye, the same one Neck Tie had pointed out on the brochure, and she made the impulse decision to check it out. They'd driven all this way for nothing, they might as well have some fun if they were cutting their trip by six hours anyways. Her mother was going to freak when she got home, might as well make it a trip worth getting even more grounded over.

"I didn't know that...why do you?" She asked curiously, wondering what other random information little Neck Tie knew. The parking lot was fairly empty considering it was a Tuesday morning and most people were at work or school, and she managed to park in the second row. The aquarium was much larger than she'd pictured it, practically the same size as the zoo her parents had taken her to as a child. She browsed over the brochure to find the shark exhibit, excited to see there was a sea turtle exhibit next to it as well.

"What's your favorite kind of shark?" She asked as they meandered through the halls, stopping to watch some seahorses swimming around their tank before continuing their exploration of the aquarium. There were so many different tanks full of fish she'd never heard of, it was quite amazing actually. Despite barely knowing Stu's name, she had to admit she was having fun. It reminded her of when she was a kid, how curious she'd been and wanting to explore everything she possibly could.

Dede Dede

Ash
Right.gif

Grace wasn't wrong, which just made Ash feel even worse about the whole situation. But what was said was done, and Ash couldn't be bothered to even try and care anymore. Why should she? She was just going to fuck it up once again, and as her conversation with Grace had just proved, Ash was better off alone. She was a shitty friend, and no one deserved to be dragged down by her problems. Fuck... and she couldn't even think about what was wrong with Grace. Fuck.

Ash sighed and turned on the sink, rinsing her mouth out with cold water to get the taste out, and then Ash paused to look at herself in the mirror for a moment. God, she still didn't like what she was looking at and to make it worse, Ash hardly even recognized herself anymore. Shaking her head, she headed out of the bathroom and back towards the party.

Originally, she had planned on just leaving, but then she caught sight of Mads, and Ash thought back to the brief conversation with Rae over Twitter. Yeah, he looked alright, but Ash knew that it was a facade. Sure, she hadn't known Madison for long, but she had known him long enough to know when something was up, and she thought back to when he had told her about his mother. God... well, she had fucked up one friendship, but she'd be damned if this one failed, too.

So she crossed over the room to where he stood by the beers, and forced a smile onto her face. "Hey, are you..." okay, stupid question, so she was quick to rephrase. "Do you want to go talk? Like outside or something?" The party was hot and stuffy and Ash knew that she was sick of being in here, and maybe Mads was, too.

Dazzle Dazzle Soap Soap

-----------------------------------------

Ariana

She had been happy, her eyes wide as she looked at the words on Uncle Kanen's screen. Raven liked what she had done? So yeah, Ari had been thrilled when the oven went off, and Kanen got up to go and get his pizza bites. Ariana had turned back to her markers, interested to see what else there was, when she heard him scream. And cuss.

Now generally, it probably shouldn't have scared her as much as it did. But when a large tattooed dude that she barely knows starts cussing and being generally scary? Yeah, that definitely didn't help. Couple that with her thinking about to the many times her grandmother would yell at her in the same way, and Ari almost immediately broke down into tears.

And then she was on the ground, clutching a sparkly gold marker in one hand, and crying inconsolably. Where was her dad? What was this scary guy going to do now? And all Ari could really get out, through her sobs, was "Dad... want... Daddy." over and over again, while she cried.

High5ives High5ives

839CE29A-DD07-4257-ABFD-7CBDC013572A.gif
Kanen had realized his mistake the moment he made it. He bit down on his hip hard, partially because he knew he fucked up, but mostly because he was trying not to let loose another barrage of swears. He turned slowly to face Ari, and seemingly the moment he did, Ari burst into tears. Kanen almost rushed forward to try and comfort the kid before realizing he had just scared the shit out of her, Kanen didn’t want to scare her anymore.

“Son of a...” Kanen trailed off before he could finish the phrase, spinning in circles, trying to think of anything he could do to make Ari stop crying. He scrambled turning the Tv on with cartoons, gathering every toy he could find and bringing them all to the front room. Hell, he even tried doing karaoke to any songs he thought Ari might like, but the more he, the more Ari seemed to get upset. For good reason too, Kanen was acting like madman.

He fled the scene, going to the kitchen where he could still watch Ari, but he wouldn’t be in the same room. What now!? He thought about messaging Mason, but Kanen didn’t want to force Mason to leave the party, besides, Kanen said he could handle it.

Ok, maybe he couldn’t...

He scrolled up and down his contacts, trying to think of anyone that would answer AND know what to do with Ari. One by one he eliminated his options, either because they were too irresponsible to know what to do with a kid, or because it was a Friday night and everyone was out drinking and partying. His last and final option? Raven. Kanen didn’t know whether or not Raven could help, but it was worth a shot, right?

Winona Winona Soap Soap

Charlie McAllister
There's a song in my head: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1 - The Flaming Lips

SeverePaleHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

Charlie was feeling it tonight. Somehow, the inspiration really was kicking in. He was spitting what felt like 30 riffs per second. It was always at his lowest when he wrote the best music. That's how it was. Every artist was at their best when they felt their worst, from Morrissey to Eminem. (Not that he really knew anything about the latter.) He'd finally found a tune he was comfortable with. Reached an ultimatum. He'd have to save it...

He was reaching for the tiny notepad he kept in his case, so he could write down the chords, when someone appeared. He spoke.

Why was he asking that? Wasn't it self-explanatory what he was doing? The guy seemed less interested in his playing and more... accusatory. As if he was mad about something. Charlie tested one of his strings, awkwardly tuning it.

"Uh," He swallowed thickly, fingers twitching a bit. "I'm playing..." Charlie refused to make eye contact. "Playing my guitar. It's- it's what I usually do, at these parties, I guess. Is it, uh... bothering you?" He'd been extremely quiet off in his little nook, so the idea that he was bugging anybody seemed ludicrous, but everyone in Westbrook had to complain about something stupid. "I'm not allowed to do it at home, right now."

Because my bitch of a mother is taking away my rights, he added, silently.

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle

Mads
giphy4.gif

Madison would have liked to have said that he was deep in conversation with is future teammates, but realistically he was so suck in his own head and the alcohol wasn't helping. Madison's teammates just happened to keep talking about the new girl Belle, and whoever else they happened to find hot in little old Westbrook, Mads tried to play along with the guy talk but it just wasn't his thing.

When Ash walked up, he could hear all the snickering and mumbling. A one of the guys elbowed him when she asked him if he wanted to go outside. Getting away from everyone at this point sounded like a great idea. He wouldn't ever have admitted it to her, but Rae was right going out tonight had not been a good idea. "Yea. Getting out of here would be great." He smirked, trying to keep his goofy smile on his face but it was a lot harder than it looked. He could hear the guys hooping and hollering as he followed Ash out the front door.

"The next victim" One yelled.

"Go get-her!!" Another one said.

Mads closed the front door behind them. "Sorry about them. They're a little hammered." So was Madison, and obviously so was Ash. "Are you good?" Between everything that happened with Ryder and the play, and then Belle joining the cheer team he was sure she was feeling a little displaced. Mads started wandering to the middle of the yard sitting down. It was much later than when the party first started. It was cold, but he didn't really care.

Winona Winona

View attachment 555630

How Zach had gotten dragged into this he didn't know. Oh right, Belle. He didn't really think the kid was doing a bad job, but it was weird he didn't even seem to be enjoying the party. "I mean, it's like kinda interfering with the music. The birthday girl doesn't love it." He cleared his throat. "Can't you just get a drink and mingle like everyone else?"

He took a deep breath rolling his eyes. "Or play outside, I think someone has a bonfire going in the back yard. You can play your hippie songs out there." Zach kinda felt bad about the whole thing. "I mean it sucks you can't play at home, but like don't you have anywhere else to go?"

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd1784UcV1rqmlml_400.gif

Raven barely listened to their conversation afterwards, lost in her own thoughts. She really shouldn't of came to this party, that whole thing with June really dropped her spirits. Her phone buzzed with a notification, Kanen was apparently failing at babysitting. What the hell was she supposed to do? Maybe... tell Mason? The thought of even doing so made her wince, probably not a good idea... he only just started babysitting. Would be shitty of her to snitch on him so quick. Or, well, in general. She wasn't a snitch. With a few messages back and forth, Raven look between the two redheads and her eyes widened when she brought up a crash.

A crash? What kind of... she couldn't exactly get into this right now. "Well. As much fun as this was, my services are needed elsewhere. Wendy." She gave a firm nod to the fake redhead and turned to Belle. It was sad that their meeting was so short, although... Raven wasn't exactly that sad about it. The girl was weirdly nice and gave her vibes of the demon. Uh-- Grace. She should probably learn her real name. "Birthday babe. Sorry for leaving so early..." Raven glanced around the party, suddenly aware she didn't bring her a present.

"Do you have a lighter?" She asked. No, it wasn't because Raven wanted to smoke. She highly doubted a christian girl like herself even gave into those temptations. After all... there was many other temptations she could probably give into... okay, no. Time to focus. Reaching a hand into her bra where she usually kept her lighter, taking a step closer to the redhead and sliding it into her own. "Now you do. Happy birthday pretty." With a grin, she turned around left the house with a sigh.

This whole babysitting thing was probably going to be a disaster. But Raven's great with hiding disasters. Hell, she was one herself. All thoughts aside, what did children like? It'd been a while since she was one. With a quick message to Kanen about what the girl was interested in, she stopped to a dollar-store that was on the way. Buying, well, a new lighter, and... whatever spiderman themed shit there was. Well, it was just some weird plushie that honestly looked pretty deformed. But it was spiderman... or spider... guy? It was off-brand. But it was close enough. The kid has good taste in superheroes. It was her favorite too.

Hesitating. Was she supposed to knock? She tried the door handle and groaned when it was open. Stupid. Walking inside and locking the door behind her. "Honey! I'm home." She chuckled at the joke herself, her chuckle immediately faded when she heard the screaming child. Oh god. Waving the stuffed spider thing around as if it would draw her out. "Here, here, little kiddy." Catching sight of her near the couch and slowly making her way to her as if Ariana was a dire wolf, crouching to her level. "Hey, so... I hear your a fan of spiderman. Me too. Believe it or not. I actually met the guy, crazy. I know. But I mean, who can resist this face." She grinned and pointed to herself.

Pulling the deformed toy from her back and holding it out to the redhead. Jeez. What was it in WestBrook and redheads. They repopulated too? That was going to take some getting used to. "He gave this to me. He said it was his first ever suit... but I think we both know it didn't fit him." Yes, she was proud of her joke. She was like... two. What was she gonna do? Not laugh? Please.

Looking around for the alleged drug-dealer. "Uh... Kanen? You around here? Or did she web you up and throw you outside."

Winona Winona DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back