Westbrook Season 2

Sawyer
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
This kind of sucked just a little bit. Sawyer had no problem with detention, she'd had it too many times to really care. But, the fact that she got it for absolutely no reason was annoying. Tatum trying to stick up for her had only made it worse for the both of them. Though, Sawyer was appreciative of the attempt anyway. She knew JJ didn't like her but Sawyer was pretty sure JJ was just a jealous person in general. It wasn't her fault. That's just how she was. But, in Sawyer's book Tatum was pretty okay. There was a lot of friends that Sawyer had that JJ didn't particularly like. In fact, when she really thought about it, Sawyer didn't think there were any of her friends that JJ didn't dislike. Oh well. The detention room was exactly as quiet as Sawyer had expected it to be with someone like Kanen in charge. Who's stupid idea had that been anyway? Probably Elise's. Seemed like something the Devil would come up with. Sawyer took a seat and plucked a pencil up off the desk, trying to balance it on the tip of her finger before a voice shouting her name broke her concentration and the pencil fell. Before she had time to react, she was being crushed in a hug and she went stiff for a moment before realizing who it was. Alaska. Jesus Christ. Sawyer patted her on the shoulder awkwardly. She breathed heavily when Alaska finally pulled away and a smile found it's way onto her face.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Disappearing Act herself!" Sawyer joked. She was pretty sure that everyone was pretty pissed at Alaska and the Vaughn's in general for just poofing into thin air, but Alaska had kept in contact and that was all Sawyer needed. She was used to moving around. Sawyer knew how difficult it could be to keep in contact like that so she was particularly understanding. "Hi, Las. I'm okay..." She paused, considering her next words carefully. She wasn't okay and she knew that was fairly obvious. Every passing day she spent in that godforsaken hospital felt like weights piling on top of her chest. Soon she wouldn't be able to breathe at all.

"Could be better. But I'm surviving." Sawyer glanced at JJ behind her and chuckled, "Don't worry about her. She's been going through a lot." Sawyer scratched her head, "And she's one of the only people I've really been able to talk to lately. Her and Stu, if you can imagine that." Sawyer chuckled. Stu had been at the hospital almost as much as Sawyer had at they'd had a few moments just talking to each other. As much as the whole homophobia thing had bothered her, Stu cared about Grace and seemed to at least be trying. That's all Sawyer needed.

"But, there's only so much they can do. It's lonely in the penalty box all by myself." Sawyer punched Alaska in the shoulder lightly, "How have you been?"

a z u l a a z u l a

Last edited:
Meetings & Madness
tumblr_inline_mt1elzoEhU1qz4rgp.gif

The girl seemed hesitant at first so Parker assured her again that he wasn't technically a stranger. "Yep, my mom is his aunt." Once she accepted the ride he grinned widely. "Ah, don't worry about it. It's no trouble at all really. I've got no plans until later today anyway so don't you worry about delaying me." He watched her as she got settled into his car and put on her seatbelt. From the outside he looked like he was making sure she was buckling up, but in reality he was sizing her up. His mind was at work trying to figure out exactly how easy she would be. His eyes caught the name on her bag and he took of few moments of thinking it over in his head. Fuck he was terrible with names. Pronouncing them and remembering them.

As Parker pulled away from the curb and began the drive to her home she asked for his name. "My name's Parker." he gave a nod to her bag. "I'm guessing that you're...G-...Gianna?" he pronounced it as 'Jahn-na' which after it came out of his mouth he felt stupid. It was most likely pronounced 'Gee-anna' as was most common. Great job. Mispronouncing someone's name was totally a great way to get in their pants.

In an attempt to change the subject Parker cleared his throat and spoke up. "So, why were you walking with all those groceries? I mean like cars exist, and if you can't drive there's always uber or whatever. Or are you like a fitness fanatic?" he raised an eyebrow and glanced over at her, a smirk starting to rise, before turning into a joking grin. "..Or even worse! A hippy! Saving the planet by walking everywhere because one car makes the difference!" a boisterous laugh escaped Parker's lips. Confidence was always key. If you laugh confidently, people begin to think you're actually funny, even if you aren't. Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

7e16baf65d46111ac409abaa4d30972c.gif

Tallulah's grin matched Jace's as he opened the door. It was good to see him smiling. He had been through a lot over the past few months and deserved to be truly happy and not just putting on a brave face for everyone. That wasn't to say he had been through more than Ash or Sean, but when you're taking care of everyone else, who looks after you?

Jace then proceeded to slip and stumble. Lulu tried her hardest not to giggle but couldn't hold it in. She covered her mouth with her hand out of courtesy. "Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh. You're really smooth, has anyone ever told you that?" she said lightly teasing him. As per usual Jace was wearing his beanie that was made for him. She didn't really understand what 'Beanie Bro' meant, but the fact that it was made specially for him was touching. It was a thoughtful gift and Lulu was glad Jace had someone in his life that cared enough about him to do something like that for him. Plus the embroidering on it was just darling.

"Well I thought I'd stop by to say hi. We haven't really talked just us in a while and I missed it. I've got some exciting news too!" Tallulah's eyes drifted behind Jace into the home, and her smile faltered a little. She hadn't considered the fact the he might actually be busy already, she just sort of dropped by unannounced. What if he was too busy to hang out? "Oh, um...I'm sorry...I just sort of showed up...you- you're not busy are you?" Her hands instinctively went up to the necklace she was wearing and began fiddling with it. Her last boyfriend had given it to her before he had to leave town and her hands found it whenever she was anxious; which seemed to be more and more common ever since prom night. Winona Winona

Stu

sFGSBno.gif

Getting to the hospital on the bus was easier said than done. The Monday traffic was horrendous. Stu had to give his seat to an old lady so he was bouncing away in the aisle, because the driver had secret ambitions of featuring in the next Fast and Furious film. Then he had to get on another bus at the transport hub, but it was running late. By now he was starving so he went into the shop to buy a donut and some KitKats, and by the time he got back he’d missed the bus.

He had to wait half an hour for the next one to arrive. In the meantime he fed the pigeons and got told off by the janitor. Finally the orange bus rolled in, but he was in the queue for ten more minutes while the driver had an argument with one of the passengers.

When he got to the hospital he stopped by the front desk and greeted the nurses there, since they all knew him. They asked why he wasn’t at school and he told them he was skiving off, which they assumed meant playing hooky. Still they laughed because they thought he was joking and he went along on his way.

He went into Grace’s room and saw that nobody was there. Except Grace, of course – she wasn’t going anywhere. That was partly the reason he came at this hour. Stu had visited so many times he’d already worked out Kate’s schedule, and knew how to avoid her. Whenever Kate was there he’d just wait outside, and wouldn’t go in. If it was just Sawyer in the room, he’d brave the encounter. Needless to say he was still scared to death of her. But he was beginning to think that her bark was worse than her bite.

He made his way to the side of the bed and said hello to Grace, like he was accustomed to do. Today he’d also brought her a gift, which he gently left on her bedside table. ‘I know it’s stupid but. . . I figured he’ll keep you company,’ he said, ‘so you’re never alone.’

Then Stu went over to the table where all the flowers were, picked out the wilted leaves and stems and refilled the vases. Finally he plopped down on the couch and played Space Invaders on his phone, and minutes and hours came to pass.

Finally the alarm on his phone went, and it was nearly 2 PM. He was starving and Kate was going to be back any moment, so it was time he bade his farewell. Quietly he headed outside clutching his empty stomach. He was dying for a bite so he went over to the vending machine looking for something a little more wholesome than another KitKat.

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir (maybe)

Last edited:
Milos
Hair Thing.gif

He might just collapse into the ground. And die.

Alright, Milos. This is what he'd been training for, years and years of practice. Of failed finger guns and awkward winks (yeah, Milos couldn't wink for the life of him -- one guy had thought he was having a stroke). This was his moment to actually maybe flirt, unless Camden was just messing with him and he hadn't actually meant what he said--

Mierda. Now he was psyching himself out.

"I, ahh..." Milos' words died before he could talk, and now his cheeks were turning bright red. Maybe that was just the cold, but if it was, why did he feel so freaking hot. "Ahem. Well, uh. I know looking at me can be really blinding, but like, please don't run into more lamp posts." Was that good? Oh heck, he didn't know.

And now Milos was laughing, and maybe he was laughing too loudly, but he really couldn't tell. "Oh, sorry, yeah, I'm Milos." It was easier for people to pronounce than his full name. Thanks a lot, dad.

Milos rose to his feet, holding a hand out for Camden to take. "You might have a really nasty bruise. That's gonna be fun to explain to people."

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

-------------------------------------

Jace
Up and Down SMILE.gif

He was excited to hear her news, and have a welcomed break from what he'd been doing. So when Lulu seemed anxious, Jace became frantic. He certainly didn't want that. "Oh, no, no, no. Well," he hesitated. "Okay so I was working, but it's fine. Come in." Jace said, walking inside and briskly heading for his work station, which he'd set up in a corner of the living room. With Stu now in his room, it was somehow actually cramped -- hey, Jace would be damned if he got rid of any of his instruments.

Plus, there was... well, there was actually worse lighting out here, but it was easier for him to answer the door, and then he was close to the kitchen for when he was cooking. But now, he quickly started putting away his tools, pushing the job he was working on over to the side. "I don't have to have this done for a couple days. I shouldn't even be working on a Saturday but, y'know, I had nothing better to do. And..." he paused for a moment, his smile faltering. "Well, busy hands mean less time to think."

Thinking hurt these days. Being idle just reminded Jace of what he had given up to stay here, for Ash. And sure, most days it felt like it was worth it, and he was happy. He was happy with being able to mend things with Stu, and he was happy to be there for Ash with her many, many breakdowns, and... yeah. He was happy. But when he had time to think, or be alone, or do nothing, he started remembering how he'd given up on his dreams to be here, in a town that hated him.

"Sorry, enough about... this. You said you had some exciting news? What was it?" Jace asked as he put away the last of his tools and turned back to Lulu, a gentle smile on his face.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Greyson
tumblr_pdkqvs5phl1vj7b32o5_400.gifv

These past few months have been nothing but confusing, but he was adaptable to change. He found out he had a sister, that was super cool! Even if she was in a coma. A big part of him resented his father for not telling him the truth in all this. His mother was basically the 'other' woman in this situation and he wasn't sure how he felt about that either. Sure, he felt bad that Grace never had a dad. But at the same time? He was glad.

His father wasn't the easiest to get along with, he didn't know Grace. But even he wouldn't throw that upon his worst enemy. -- That's a little overkill. He wasn't evil or anything. He was just... difficult. It was surprising that he persisted to stay in WestBrook for Grace. But it probably wasn't right? Like, at the same time it was still his daughter so of course he'd want to stay. But even Jonathan wasn't sure if she'd wake up, he ignored that particular conversation he overheard with Kate and Jonathan. They considered... Grey didn't even want to think about it.

Why would you not give someone a chance?

Thankfully, Kate didn't want to do any of that. So he still had a sister, for now anyway.

He hated walking around town, or sitting in the hospital or that tiny apartment with his mother trying to pointedly ignore Kate. It was all a mess of family affairs and he just wanted to hide away from the drama of it all. So... maybe a gift? Yeah, when she wakes up. He could say he got her something? How would that conversation even go? 'Hey, I don't know you. But I'm your brother! How's it going?' Ah, that's stupid. 'How's it going?' She just woke up from a coma-- well, she's not awake yet. She would wake up though, right? "Hey, I'm Grey. It's nice to meet you, I always wanted a little sister." He furrowed his brows and shook his head. Rounding the corner to the store and of course, he wasn't paying attention. "No, that's dumb and creepy--" He bumped into someone and a shatter was heard against the concrete.

Oh no.

"I'm so, so, so sorry."

He glanced up at the girl and raised his eyebrows in slight surprise. She was really pretty-- That wasn't what he was supposed to be doing right now.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Last edited:
DC547721-F24D-41DD-BF4A-CFB39B17466D.gif
Tatum was glad that Ash had agreed to the drinking because it was going to suck if no one was going to drink with her. Plus, her and Ash had sort of bonded over the fact that they both mutually enjoyed alcohol and getting drunk. She had only really met Sebastian the one time when he almost hit Kanen with a pan, so she respected the younger male. He was cool in the eyes of Tatum and it would be nice to get to know him. Since Ash liked him, she was already his fan, “It’s law of high school to go to the first party. Anyone who’s anyone will be there. Plus, it’s fun to see the chaos of a party.” Tatum did hate JJ so she wasn’t going to act like she wasn’t going to break somethingaccidentally. JJ deserved every ounce of hate that oozed from Tatum’s core, the girl had done her wrong and she was not going down without a fight.

She also liked Ian, but she could sense something was off with him. She hadn’t really seen much of him around the halls or at prom, so she wasn’t able to quite understand him. His words of course made her question him more, but she wasn’t about to pry. She’d need to know him better first. “So, looks like we are all going together then. Just come with us Sebastian. No need for an address. Plus, carpooling. Save the planet.”

She quietly sipped her coffee, “So I guess I’m going to break the weird silence. I sense we all have some issues happening in our lives and are all a little screwed up?” The silence still hung for a moment, “I screwed a stranger under a bridge this summer while drunk.” She shrugged. It felt good to say, “And I still really like Caleb and don’t want to tell him. So, I’m having a fun first week of senior year.” She was still miserable but maybe she could get the others to talk.

Winona Winona 0k_mang0 0k_mang0 PenguinFox PenguinFox
--
B9479922-19D6-4385-B65B-3C5CF37AF3CD.gif
Gia had been pretty quiet and uncomfortable with Parker and she was just sitting trying to take up as little space as possible, but her ears perked when he said her name. She smiled at him, “Yeah Gianna. No one ever pronounces it right. They all pronounce it as Gee-anna.” She was shocked by him. She was still fiddling with her bag when he asked why she was carrying the bags. She just kind of shrugged as he made suggestions. She turned her face to look out the window and she could see he was trying to make a joke, but she had felt a pang of sadness wash over her.

She knew Parker was waiting for a response, “My parents are busy.” She was trying to not let her feelings show to someone she barely knew, “They have a lot of work with their jobs.” She was trying to make it seem like they didn’t just forget her and leave her to figure things out on her own. She didn’t need Parker judging her. She knew he was someone that could and would judge people. She didn’t want that at all. If she just acted like everything was fine, then maybe he would accept and not push. It was all she could try and do. She had managed to convince Maisie to not ask too many questions about her parents so maybe she could do the same with Parker.

PenguinFox PenguinFox
--
5734E159-2F35-422B-B3FB-AC1B3F29F307.gif
Camden sat and watched as the boy fumbled with his words around him, he had made him feel awkward. His grin widened that meant he had a shot with him and for him that was a success. Most of his flirting attempts with males had always failed and they hadn’t been interested but Milos was. He could feel a giddiness in his heart and his ego felt less bruised but still bruised much like his face would be. He was silent as he witnessed Milos try and flirt back it was a cute attempt. He let out a chuckle with the boy, “You’re cute.”

He felt his face and winced a little. Milos was right it was something he would explain, “I’ll just tell everyone the most beautiful sun blinded me. It’s not a lie then.” He kind of enjoyed making the boy feel flustered. It was something no one had ever been around him so he figured he should make the most of the moment. He let his eyes look right into his, “Thanks for making sure I didn’t die from a concussion. It was really nice. Most people would’ve walked by.” Which was the truth because people had walked and jogged past him while he had been on the ground.

Winona Winona

Last edited:

Raven
tumblr_inline_ptynsxC93z1wenvc5_540.gif

She wasn't expecting to see a blonde when she parted the two coats on the rack. She furrowed her brows but an amused grin appeared on her face not even a second later. The slight accent threw her off for split second but Raven was more than quick to hop right back on. "A coat?" Cocking her head to one side and chuckled. "I mean, I could think of other ways to get warm." What? She wasn't doing anything wrong. Mason had a girlfriend, and if he moved on so quickly, well, what was stopping her from doing the same? Technically, her and Mason were never a thing. Just... like her and Alaska wasn't.

Damn it Alaska.

That girl always decided to show up in town at the worst times.

But none of that mattered, Raven wasn't trying for a relationship with anyone right now, and everyone who knew Raven knew that a flirt was free to everyone she met.

"You're new, aren't you?"

... Of course, she would've noticed otherwise.

Sure, she was gone for a few months. But why the hell is everyone moving to WestBrook? This town is full of nothing but liars, terrible people, and an all around bad time for the people who lived in it. But Raven didn't really care, It was home. Even if it sucked.

mogy mogy

Dante Novello
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
Dante just laughed at the getting warm joke the brunette said even though she wasn't exactly sure if it was a joke or something else. The laugh which escaped Dante's mouth wasn't an awkward one, but more of a genuine one, even though Dante wasn't the hookup kind of girl. Well, that's actually a lie. She was exactly a hookup kind of girl, but that didn't matter at the moment, because she wasn't actually looking for anything. If something happened by accident, she wouldn't exactly mind it, but other than that, she really couldn't handle a relationship or any kind of an emotional connection which wasn't platonic at the moment.

"Of course I'm new." Dante said, a smile still plastered on her face. "And while there might be other ways to get warm, coats make you feel and look fabulous." She added. It was true, coats did make you look fabulous, even though it was still summer. There was no doubt that Dante would be walking out of the thrift shop with one of the two coats on her, her coffee still in her hand, while she looked as fabulous as always.

Okay, fine.

Dante didn't always look fabulous, but she liked to wear coats because they made her feel more comfortable and more confident.

"I'm Dante." The blonde girl put the two coats she had from her right to her left hand and held her hand out to do a handshake.

Interactions: Soap Soap (Raven)​

Juliette
original.gif

"And your hot-headed, stubborn, and a dick most of the time. I don't know why we're stating facts." A little hostile, yeah. To Juliette she had every right to be. They sat there for a little while longer and JJ didn't feel the need to mutter any goodbyes or anything, settling for the smallest crack of a smile and made her way back home. They were in completely different situations but Mason could actually do something about his. Hopefully everything worked out for him, what more can she say? And for JJ? Well, there was a whole lot of nothing she could do.

Ignoring all of it seemed like a good idea.

--

Happy 15th, 16th, 17th, birthday. We'll be home on Monday.

Juliette stared at the card and shook her head, not even remotely shocked that they forgot her age twice. Manicured hands found the top of the box, opening it to reveal yet another diamond bracelet. "Wow. I didn't expect this." Her sarcasm was voiced to nobody but herself, throwing the bracelet and the letter inside of her vanity drawer. JJ's gaze caught the small envelope, and hesitated before taking a hold of it. She always did this, always close to opening it and yet she couldn't bring herself to. A loud slam echoed from downstairs, starling her out of whatever reverie her mind went to and dropping the envelope.

"Toby? Is that you?" The brunette called out, her voice echoing through the villa. Precious followed after her growling slightly as if a tiny dog would be able to protect them from intruders.

She left the room and went down the many stairs to face the entrance that was an organized mess full with balloons that hadn't been blown up yet, streamers, a glitter birthday banner, photo booth. And thankfully... Toby. But seriously, anything anyone can think of. It's all there. A few staff and her maid Guadalupe was handling all the big things. But thankfully, she had her boyfriend and Ava to help her with the rest. She smiled at Toby from the stairs while Precious went to 'attack' the intruder. "You could've knocked. We got all riled up for no reason." Juliette clapped her hands together. "Precious." She said, mocking an angry face and the dog gave up, returning to her side while he waited for JJ to come down the stairs.

"Don't you love his dress? It's adorable." She gestured towards the dog, the sliver and pink dress was more expensive than Sawyer's whole closet. And as if on cue the dog did a small spin.

"Anyway, anyway, Is this what your wearing tonight?" She tugged on his jacket, and leaned in for a quick kiss.

Chase

giphy.gif

The last few months had been...interesting for the oldest Vaughn, to say the least. Chase was the only one of his siblings to not get suspended, or even detention for that matter, and though he knew the twins had always been a handful for his mother he hadn't expected her to send them to a completely different state as punishment. At first he had pleaded with his mom to let him go with his siblings, because as much as they annoyed him they were the two people he was closest with. But it was his senior year and he couldn't switch mid year and graduate on time, so he stayed in Westbrook while the twins were with his father.

As much as he liked to joke about getting rid of them, it had been quite lonely without them around to terrorize the Vaughn household. His mother worked long hours and was out with her socialite friends a lot, and even with his crazy senior year schedule and hockey he spent as much time on FaceTime with the twins as he could. It had been a rough year but Chase had survived and gotten into his dream school, just 45 minutes away from Westbrook. It was close enough that he could still see his friends and family but far enough that he had a reason to move out. He was happy that the twins were back to finish their senior year and he'd even agreed to tag along with them to crash JJ's birthday party. He barely knew the brunette, but he knew her family hated his and even though Chase was the "good sibling", he enjoyed causing a little trouble now and then.

He was enjoying his first week of college so far, and in order to keep in shape for his upcoming college hockey season he was going for a jog. It was still warm out but at least there was a slight breeze, he'd already worked up quite a sweat by the time he'd made his first mile. He raised his arm to take a sip from his water bottle, not seeing the person running behind him and trying to pass him, ending up elbowing him almost directly in the side of the head.

"I'm so so sorry!" Chase apologized, frantically trying to check the raven-haired boy for injuries as he apologized profusely.

mogy mogy

Alaska

giphy.gif

It was easy for the brunette to see right through her friend. Of course she wasn't okay. Alaska had never had a girlfriend or boyfriend really, she couldn't even begin to imagine what Sawyer was going through. It was almost gross how much her friend loved Grace, but she adored their relationship and was honestly a little jealous. Sawyer had been so much happier since dating Grace, and it sucked to see her so sad again. It seemed like since Alaska left all her friend's lives had gone to shit, and she hadn't been there for them. She felt like shit, but there was nothing she could do about it now but try to make up for her mistakes in the present.

"Stu's very easy to talk to." Alaska grinned, thinking fondly of the little kitkat lover. Of all people, she hadn't expected herself to become friends with the little freshmen, but it was hard not to like him. He was one of the few people at Westbrook that hadn't pissed her off yet. And of course, Sawyer. Even if the two girls had a few fights now and then, Alaska could never really stay mad at the girl. They were too much alike.

"I'm doing okay. It's good to be back in Westbrook, even if I do have detention. And don't worry, I'll be back in the box with you soon." She joked, nudging her teammates arm. Truthfully, her first day back hadn't been great. She'd found out her best friend had spent the summer in the system, then gotten thrown into a pool by her arch-nemesis Mason, and then Drake had yelled at her for the first time ever. Alaska knew she'd fucked up if Drake was mad, and she needed to figure out how to make it up to him.

"What are you doing this weekend? We need to catch up."

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Casper

To be honest, Casper didn't immediately realize someone was laughing at him. After all, drawing tattoos was serious business, something that definitely needed the entirety of Casper's brain power. He tapped his pencil against his paper, and then the laughter came into sharp focus.

Casper's brow furrowed, and he looked away from his subject, who he'd been leveling with a thoughtful, somewhat confounded glare, head swiveling to look at someone in the same type of vest as Kanen, a little older than him, and, most importantly, pointing straight at Casper. He felt his face begin to burn, and he ducked his head, tapping his pencil rapidly as his heart sped up ever so slightly.

Not here, not here, not-

Stu's friend was yelling. Sure, he'd never heard Stu's friend yell before, but... It sounded like how Casper would expect this particular man yelling to sound.

He looked up, eyes wide as the man threatened the kid, and he couldn't help a kind of fondness building inside him. It reminded him of Aaron when they were younger, back when Aaron actually seemed to care. A timid smile bloomed tentatively on his face.

And then his drawing subject was approaching him. His eyes widened, eyebrows shooting up as his lips parted. He should close the sketchbook, maybe turn the page, but his hands were frozen as he looked down, his face beginning to burn. How could he play this?

His mind threw answers too fast for him to follow, a part of his brain seemingly unaffected by the chaos inside frantically whispering that Casper didn't know he was coming to talk to him- He could just as easily be walking away, right? Somewhere else where he was needed. And wouldn't Casper look stupid then, thinking somebody might actually care enough to sit next to him- Him.

Only Aaron actually cared about him, and that was only because they were brothers, wasn't it? He was obligated to care. And even he put in the bare minimum- That's why he was gone right now, wasn't it? Casper just wasn't worth it. Casper just didn't try hard enough. Casper should probably just kill himself, right? That would make it all-

Someone settled next to him.

His face burned hotter as he looked up. It was that man, Stu's friend, the one with the tattoos and the reflective vest that had told off that mean kid for Casper. He'd been being dramatic for no reason. His heart could stop hammering now. The blood could stop rushing to his ears.

His pencil started drumming again.

Casper's sketchbook very clearly had a picture of Kanen in it.

Before he could even open his mouth to start explaining himself, Kanen was speaking, and then he was looking at the sketchbook and Casper's stomach roiled as he prepared apologies and excuses in his head, but then Kanen just laughed a bit, and Casper let his gaze drop to his sketchbook, nodding slightly.

"Well," Casper said, lips barely moving as he mumbled, and what had Daddy said about mumbling? He'd be disappointed in Casper, wouldn't he? "He wasn't exactly nice..."

Casper looked up again, hesitant, and barely managed to level his gaze at Kanen's jawline. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to meet his eyes. "I like your tattoos..."

tumblr_inline_mt1ejggVSZ1qz4rgp.gif

Parker's eyes widened when Gianna told him he pronounced name correctly. What luck! "That's really unique and pretty, I like it." he said nonchalantly. He didn't want to blatantly flirt with her, she didn't seem the type to fall for that, but a few compliments here and there never hurt anyone. Most people were easily won over, you just had to know how to do it. She was clearly not the narcissistic air-head type, really the easiest people to get with, so Parker would have to do some digging into her personality. He'd have figure out what made her tick, then use that to his advantage.

His jokes didn't seem to really stick with the Gianna which caused Parker's grin to falter slightly. This one was going to be a lot harder than he initially thought. After a few moments of awkward silence she revealed the reason why she was walking. Her parents were busy. Was that a hint of sadness he heard? It's always fucking parents isn't it? Why bother having kids if you're just going to be a shitty parent? Parker felt his own familial resentment rising up and shook his head clear. Focus. This was important information she just gave. How to use it though...

"Ah, I see. You're a strong independent woman then. You can handle anything thrown at you." he gave her a quick grin. People loved that kind of thing right? "Do you do this grocery walk often? I'm at Camden's place all the time and with you being right next door it wouldn't really be a hassle for me if..." he shrugged to emphasize that what he was about to suggest was no big deal. "..if you wanted I could drop you off and pick you up or whatever."

Finally they pulled up to Gianna's house. "Well, here we are." his eyes flicked from the empty driveway and then down to the heavy grocery bags. "Want some help with those? Actually no, I insist. You've carried those heavy bags enough." Without letting her respond Parker grabbed the bags, got out of the car, went around to the passenger side and opened the door for Gianna. Chivalry was a favorite tactic of his. Chicks ate that shit up. Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tumblr_muxxjgcz2k1rz426zo2_250.gif

Audra actually looked up from the dolphins to see a boy roughly her age. What's with Westbrook's teens and running into her? Was she some kind of magnet or something? At least this one was apologizing first instead of yelling first like Stu had. But what was it that he said before running into her? With a sad sigh Audra bent down and picked up the two halves of the figure. Maybe if she- no...no there were too many tiny fractures. JJ was confident and popular enough to send out an open invitation to her birthday party. She would definitely notice these cracks and hate this gift and then where would Audra be? Not only friendless but probably mocked by the whole school.

"It's fine...you didn't mean too." she put the two halves into the pockets of her hoodie before looking the boy up and down. A small smile came to her face along with a light chuckle. "Y'know, you're not the first person I've run into this week. It's like everyone's trying for a meet cute or something." She glanced back in the store. She had to get another gift now, thankfully it was pretty cheap and there were plenty more figurines to choose from. Looking back to the boy Audra arched ehr brow. "So what exactly is dumb and creepy? Wait, you weren't actually trying to initiate a meet cute were you?" she teased with a giggle. Hey if people were going to keep running into her she was going to mess with them a little. It's only fair right? Soap Soap

TanExcitableKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Tallulah still felt a little guilty about interrupting Jace's work but followed him inside with a small smile anyway. One hand remained on her necklace but her anxiety began to subside. There was something calming about the West boy's presence. He was a good soul that had an aura of peace around him. Ash was lucky to have him as an older brother. He cared deeply about people and it showed.

Jace explained that he was working so that he could occupy his mind and Lulu nodded. She knew that very well. Both her and Sean had that habit. In fact Sean was probably working right now. It made her sad that Jace had to work to escape his own wandering mind. He didn't deserve to feel down or stressed, all he wanted was to be happy and help others. "You don't have to work yourself to death to occupy your mind you know..." she said gently. "You can always give me a call, we can hang out anytime." she took a few steps closer to him and carefully put her hand on his shoulder, releasing her necklace in the process. "You never have to be alone if you don't want to be." she felt like a hug might be socially appropriate, but she wasn't really sure and didn't want to be wrong. So instead she settled for a a supportive hand on the shoulder and a gentle smile.

Lulu's features brightened when Jace reminded her of the news she had come with. "Oh! Yes! I got hired for a gig!" she grinned from ear to ear as she pulled out her phone and showed him the string of tweets. "Five hundred dollars just to take some pictures at a birthday party! Isn't that amazing!" she practically bounced with excitement. She had never been paid so much for her photos before. There was a lot she could do with that money and she already had a few ideas... Winona Winona

Aaron

School sucked. So did home. All week, if Aaron hadn't been at one, he was at the other. Both places were hellish, with only Casper and maybe his new "friend" to keep Aaron company. At least the kid didn't bug him too much, right? Didn't tell him what to do, or act like he knew better. At least he wasn't Stu, right?

Aaron very carefully ignored the pang that came from thinking of Stu, pushing down any thoughts that threatened to follow before they could even rise up. He took a bite of his sandwich.

It was only natural that after a week of hell, Aaron would want to go somewhere else. A change of scenery was exactly what he needed, after all. And this park was perfect for it. They'd been coming here since they were kids. Playing on the swings, watching kids play soccer, eating sandwiches. It helped that it was within walking distance from his home- Not five or ten minutes, sure, but that was just better for thinking, listening to music, and, best of all, being ignored. No one bothered him when he was walking, after all.

Even Casper seemed to think better of it, even if he had a bad habit of humming incessantly once a couple of minutes had passed.

Casper had been easy to convince today, and Aaron was grateful that it hadn't taken a large fight, that Casper had been ready within minutes, that he hadn't had to drag the fucker through everything. It was just ease and relaxation the whole way through.

Of course, there was one flaw to coming to the park- Nothing to do.

Usually, Aaron would read, maybe draw, maybe eat if the pair had packed a meal like today. Sometimes, he might even slip away from Casper to go see some friends and do something a bit more entertaining.

Today, however, Aaron was already growing bored. He'd eaten through his sandwich while thinking inane thoughts, frustrated himself to the point he wanted to rip up his notebook and never draw again, and finished his book- He hadn't realized there were only twenty pages left, okay?

He scowled at the book in question, then sighed, sliding it into his tote bag and gathering his trash.

"I'll be back," he said, not bothering to see if Casper was paying attention. He couldn't even look at Casper right now, positive that whatever he was producing was somehow ten times more captivating than what Aaron could do on the best of days. "Don't do anything stupid."

With that, he left, throwing away his trash and walking around the park, careful to avoid any areas he might run into someone he knew, someone who might even matter.

He had been walking a while when he came across a bench overlooking the park, and without a second thought he threw himself onto it with a huff, heedless of the fact someone was already seated beside him. It wasn't like he recognized them, so who cared.

Raven
tumblr_inline_ptynsxC93z1wenvc5_540.gif

Her grin turned into a smile. Raven wasn't sure she agreed with the statement. It made sense, sure, only if you had the right coat. And what better way than to find them than people's old clothes? It wasn't long until she introduced herself. Dante. It was an interesting name and one she hadn't heard often. A little odd but there was weirder names in WestBrook. She glanced at her hand and hesitated before she took it. "Raven Rivera." Honestly? She wasn't even sure why she stuck with the whole full name thing.

It was a habit of the brunette's.

Ah, the easier days when she paraded around and pretended to be a journalist. That used to be fun. "There's plenty of other clothes other than just coats. It gets awfully cold around here, I get it. But imagine this." Raven grabbed the black spaghetti strap dress and held it against Dante.

"See, you'd look great in it."

There was nothing wrong with making a new friend. Let her be.

Evie
AmEbkUE.gif

The sound of wheels against the white tiles was unsurprisingly loud in this wing of the hospital.

"Excuuuseeeeeee me."

A slight grin played on the brunette's face as she rolled past the nurse. "Who said you're allowed to roam through the halls like that!" The annoying one yelled after her, and Evie did her best to ignore her until she asked the same question again. "I'm talking to you, young lady!" Her words earned an eye roll and with a groan, she placed one foot off the board, stopping her momentum and swiveling to face the woman. "I gave myself permission. I have rights lady." What? It was a fact, it was plastered everywhere and if no-one knew about it, she had no problem reminding them.

"Didn't you read the fine-print on the whole nurse thing? It says, and I quote," Clearing her throat for good measure, she continued. "'Evie does whatever she wants.'" A bright smile filled with amusement appeared on her face, clearly pleased with her own words. "Now, I'm busy here." Two fingers went to the top of her head and away, saluting the nurse for a goodbye as she continued to torture the many nurses and rarely, some patients as she zoomed past them.

Only coming to a stop when she noticed the blonde boy walk out. Well, who was now labeled the brown haired boy. Yuck. She enjoyed the blonde better-- Not that she enjoyed him in either way, gross. Her gaze traveled to the girl who was still, well, very still. It'd been a while and Evie decided it was time to introduced herself she thought as she approached him-- rolling slowly, she wasn't about to collide with this guy. She isn't stupid.

"This thing is broken. It'll eat your dollars, watch. Gimme your money, I'll show you." She held a hand out and carefully hopped off the skateboard. The vending machine wasn't the big thing on her mind however, as Evie waited she studied him carefully. "So, are you a stalker or something?" She looked towards the hospital room and back to him. A shrug rose to her shoulders. And continued without giving him a chance to answer the question.

"You're here an awful lot. And I couldn't help but notice it's when a whole bunch of nobody is around. So, let me in on your plans. Are you planning to murder the super sleepy girl? Because damn, even I've got to admit you've got balls. Y'know, good for you I'm not a snitch. But I could be your partner in crime, especially if you let me in on the cut." Her eyebrows rose up and down suggestively, while she made a grabbing motion for the imaginary money.

Dede Dede

Noah Stewart
Noah on rocks comres 2.gif
People who know Noah know that when he's doing a morning or an evening run, or any run for that matter, he is probably trapped in his own thoughts or is very focused on the music he is listening to, not caring about anything that is going on around him. This, how it turns out, is actually a really bad trait, seeing that it leads to some pretty avoidable injuries on almost every run he has. Once, he actually managed to run head-first into a sign, the irony of it being the sign, which was a stop sign, but that's a story for another time.

While he was thinking about why cheese tastes weird and why it is stupidly overrated, he didn't even notice the topless guy in front of him, which was why he didn't move when the guy suddenly raised his elbow. Noah usually notices topless guys, but cheese just bothers him so much that he can't even focus on important things like abs.

Bang.

Noah was surprised as well as dumbfounded by the hit he received, even though it was his fault that it happened. One of his earbuds, the one on the side of his head where he received the hit, fell out, but he didn't even notice it. He didn't even notice the pain at first either, but that was until the numbness wore of in the next few seconds.

"Uh... I'm, uh, okay. I'm okay." He finally spoke when he realized what what was happening. He felt a bit lightheaded, and the side of his head hurt like a bitch, but Noah didn't feel it bleeding, so it probably wasn't all that serious. No stitches needed. Being friends with Mason made Noah get used to occasional brotherly punches, even though this was and hurt far worse than that.

"That's one hard elbow you've got." He tried to smile after half a minute or so and made the joke. By doing so, Noah hoped to show that he actually was okay, and that he was not just trying to seem tough or something else of sorts.

Interactions: a z u l a a z u l a (Chase)​

Dante Novello
"Of course I would, that isn't even questionable." Dante joked, but with her trying to sound as american as possible, her tone might have sounded a bit too serious. She wasn't one of those stuck up bitches who thought they were the shit even though they looked like every other girl, and she hoped Raven Rivera didn't think of her as one.

Dante looked at the brunette for a solid ten seconds before making her way to one of the multiple jacket racks, taking a military green oversized jacket with large sleeves and fitted elastic on the cuffs, waist, and collar. This kind of jacket wouldn't really look good on Dante, but she was positively sure that this jacket is the way to go when it came to Raven Rivera.

"Imagine this though. You'd look banging with this jacket." Dante said, laying the jacket on Raven's shoulder to see how it would fit her. It looked pretty well, but anything would look good on this girl. "And some black jeans underneath, and you're all set." She added, a smile still on her face.

Interactions: Soap Soap (Raven)​

Stu

sFGSBno.gif

The girl with the skateboard still managed to catch him by surprise, even though he should have heard her coming toward him from a mile away. Before he knew it, she had said something about the broken vending machine and then proceeded to ask for his money. Stu being Stu just handed her the cash. Maybe he never got that stranger danger lecture when he was five.

Then she confronted him, about Grace. Oh God, she probably thought he was a freak. . . And she would be right.

But not that kind of freak! He wasn’t stalking Grace or anything, because that would require Grace to actually be, well, moving. It's hard to stalk someone who just lies in bed 24 hours a day. On the contrary, he was her friend. He was, wasn’t he? They talked like three times. Maybe two. Oh, but she did kiss him, which gave him rights to be here.

‘I’m not— it’s just— I'm Grace's friend.‘

He almost sounded guilty when he said this. Hey, wait a minute. Why did he have to explain himself to this. . . girl? He glanced down and looked incredulously at the skateboard she was holding. What was she doing rolling around on that thing in a hospital of all places?

‘Who are you?’

He knitted his brows before turning back and faced the allegedly broken vending machine.

‘You look like you live here,' he said, glancing at the money in her hand. Maybe. . . maybe he shouldn't have given his money to a complete stranger.

Soap Soap

E345789B-B496-49D7-87A9-58AC5FC92695.gif
Gia nodded her head at the comment of her name being unique, “Yeah, my parents like to be…different.” She shrugged it off though trying not to seem like she was still quite uncomfortable around Parker, but she enjoyed that he was being nice to her. She hadn’t really talked with many males and some of the ones she had were awful and were only trying to get something out of her that she wasn’t comfortable with. Now, there was Parker and he was different, a little scary but still different and that had peeked Gia’s interest in him. He wasn’t like what she had heard everyone say about him. He had offered her a ride and said something that was genuinely nice. Gia wasn’t one to listen to rumors about others really, she wanted to get to know people and she believed that everyone had good in them. Parker was showing her that he wasn’t bad at least not in her eyes.
As he made the comment about her being independent she was still silent shrugging, she didn’t want to be independent she had to be and it caused her sadness because she was still young and she had to take care of herself, she had no one to rely on because her parents weren’t around much for her. She still tried to keep herself happy because she knew her life wasn’t the worst, “I handle what I can. I usually do this walk once a week. I tried with my bike once. The bike died.” She couldn’t believe the day her bike died from lugging the groceries but ever since then she had been walking. As soon as Parker offered to take her, she felt a panic rise in her chest, “I can’t let you do that. You barely know me, and don’t you have plans on the weekend?” she didn’t want to impose or Parker’s niceness, after all she wasn’t anyone important and she had been handling groceries on her own for a while.
As they pulled into her empty driveway Gia was about to thank Parker for the ride and then he offered to carry her groceries and before she could even object, he was around the car opening her door and grabbing them. She was shocked for a moment, no one had ever done something like this for her. She opened the door to her house for him and turned the lights on and slipped off her shoes, “This is home. Not much to it.” The walls were barren for the most part with only a few family photos.
As she led him to the kitchen the house looked as if no one really lived in it because no one did. It was really just her and it was weird when people came over to her place, “Thanks for helping. You really didn’t have to. Do you want anything to drink or eat?” she asked him. She figured it was the best she could offer.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

source.gif

Ian laughed and looked to Sebastian. "That's the right choice. Even if you tried to argue you'd just end up with an earful and somehow still going, whether you wanted to or not. Ash is... a force of nature you could say." he gave his best friend a playful nudge with his elbow before letting his gaze move over to Tay. "I'm guessing you are too? You'd have to be to hang with the Ash West." a genuine smile rose to his face. It felt good to feel this normal, just chatting with good people in a cafe. It felt safe, and though there was the constant reminder of what he did in the form of pain, it was small moments like this he was able to push his demons to the back of his mind.

Green eyes shifted back to the barista boy. "Going as a group would be a lot easier. Only one person has to know the way, and yeah save the planet." Ian echoed. He shot Tay a grin and a Shaka sign. "Only question is who will be driving? I..." Ian paused. Ash knew why Ian couldn't drive, the real reason, but the other two of their group of misfits didn't. "Well, sitting in the drivers seat is incredibly uncomfortable for me, so I can't." It wasn't entirely a lie. Sitting in that seat would make him uncomfortable, both physically and mentally. But the main reason he couldn't was because he was terrified now. He couldn't guarantee he wouldn't do something stupid again and that was terrifying. One should be able to predict your own actions but Ian wasn't about to chance it. It wasn't just him either. Ash probably also had some difficulties with cars now. Someone would need to help her out on the drive to the party. Who better than someone who could relate to the anxieties?

After a long moment of silence Tay broke it by pointing out they were a broken group. She admitted to sleeping with a stranger and still being in love with someone else. Well then. Ian certainly hadn't expected group therapy time today but...ah fuck it. "I lost control of my car and crashed into a tree. Needed tons of surgery and now I can't really walk or sit right." he intentionally left out the part where it wasn't an accident, but he did steal a glance at Ash, hoping she wouldn't visibly react to the lie. He didn't really want people questioning him about why he tried to take his own life. He also left out the part of the breakup. He still didn't really want to think about that too much. Ian's left hand went down to hip as he shifted again. Instead of leaning forward into the table he was now leaning slightly to the left. If he were to lose his balance he'd lean into Ash, rather than falling to the floor. "Next?" he said, metaphorically passing the mic to the West daughter. Winona Winona Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Milos
Hair Thing.gif

He hadn't felt like he'd done anything special -- was it not common courtesy to stop and help out someone that was hurt? Especially if maybe you kind of sort of had a tiny little crush on them? And wow, Camden was a serious flirt, and Milos has to admit that he was a little surprised and taken aback by it. It was all catching him off guard.

He had to stay strong. And equally smooth.

"You are a real flirt, yeah?" He asked with a very unattractive snort of laughter. No one, male or female, had ever so blatantly flirted with Milos -- which may have been a surprise, but he owed it to the whole "moving around a lot" thing that had been going on as he grew up. Plus, it wasn't like people hadn't liked him -- Milos had an accent and a decent face, after all -- but girls always seemed to prefer to just giggle loudly and any attempts at conversation failed, oftentimes with Milos backing away slowly from the giggling mass. And guys, well, trying to date or flirt with guys had always been hard in the conservative towns.

But Westbrook was just crawling with the gays and everything else. He hadn't even met a single, actual straight person yet.

Luckily, Milos was actually relaxing around Camden and totally not ruining his first mutual flirt. "Also, of course I do not just walk away. That would be horrible. I am an honorable man after all." Oof, wow, Milos was not doing this well. He needed to save this. "Anyway, sun talk and concussions aside, how about we get you off of the ground? So people stop staring?" Milos suggested with a grin, trying to ignore the disgusted and annoyed looks of the Karens and Daves of the world.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jace
Up and Down SMILE.gif

It made him a little uncomfortable to talk about his own issues, especially the whole nonstop working. He knew that he worked too much these days, but it brought him a sense of peace. Oftentimes, he was even up late at night working -- after all, if he was at this desk, he could listen for Ash. Now that she had started sleeping in her own bed again, Jace's sleep had been practically non-existent. It was just easier to not sleep and instead listen and wait for if his sister needed him. So far, she hadn't, although Jace knew she hadn't been sleeping well.

He tried to brush thoughts of Ash away, although it seemed impossible these days. It was all that occupied his mind. "Thanks," he said with a faint smile. "I'll uh, I'll keep that in mind. I just... don't want to bother you." At first he tensed under her touch, but quickly relaxed, his smile only broadening. Just being in Lulu's presence made him calmer, and almost more confident. It was weird to actually have a friend that had that kind of effect on him. Although his only other "friend" had really been Nova, and she had just always left him tripping over his words. And, well, Stu but they were brothers now and that was different.

His eyes lit up in surprise when she told him. "Seriously?! I'm in the wrong business." Jace said with a laugh. He had known that she took photos, and really good ones at that, so to know that she was actually getting paid to take them was amazing. "That's amazing, I'm so happy for you! I would offer to help, but JJ is having a birthday party, and I'm going to keep an eye on Ash." Yeah, there was no way that he had been invited to the birthday party, but that wasn't going to stop him. Jace was going to show up in all of his awkward, nerdy glory.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

--------------------------------------------------

Ash
Upset.gif

Ian had a way of putting a smile on Ash's face, even when the world seemed against her. Looking at him, Ash was at a loss of why Nova would break up with such an amazing guy. She was stupid -- and as if what she did to Jace wasn't enough, she then had to go and mess with Ian, and now Ryder. Seriously. There were plenty of guys in Westbrook, so why couldn't Nova just ruin a life of someone that wasn't one of her boys? She was tired of picking up the pieces of people that Nova left behind.

"See, Ian, you're finally starting to get it." Ash said with a wide grin. She took Ian's hand in hers, giving it a light squeeze. Any kind of physical contact these days was welcomed by Ash -- it reminded her that she was still alive, and the people around her were, too. Plus, the mention of cars at all threw her off, but at least she had Ian this time. Her fingers didn't have to search for the bracelet on her wrist, instead finding his hand. It was more comforting than a couple of cold beads, after all. She looked back at Tatum and Sebastian, struggling to keep the smile on her face. "Yeah, we could meet here after Sebastian's shift and drive over together. I, umm... I don't have a car so I can't drive." She explained, and didn't offer anymore on it. That would at least save her from having to drive, because getting into a car was hard enough, let alone being behind the wheel. Ash preferred to walk everywhere, but... this would be fine.

And then for some reason, Tatum decided to come out with what happened over her summer and last year, and Ian piped up with his own stuff (leaving out very important details, but Ash said nothing), and then all eyes were on Ash. And she didn't even know where to start. The last year of her life had been nothing but shitty experience after shitty experience. When she had been at her all time low and had thought the only way to go was up, life had kicked her back down. Further and further, even now, until Ash wasn't sure that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. It was a miracle to her that she was still standing.

So Ash let go of Ian's hand, clearing her throat and decided to start counting off everything that had left her as broken as she now was. "So for me, this all started last year. I was on a first date with a dude named Ryan, but then he ditched me without any explanation. So I got drunk, slept with my best friend, Ryder, ended up having to loudly yell that I slept with him in front of like everyone, TWICE, so that Kanen wouldn't kill him, and Kanen still almost killed him. Then dated Ryder, dealt with my bitchy mom coming back that did nothing but tell me I'm fat and going to fail at life, then Ryder left, then everyone started calling me a whore even though I had only ever slept with Ryder, but you know, fucking high schoolers suck. So then I drank my guts out, hooked up with college guys on Tinder because hey, I'm a whore, got in a fight and lost all of my friends, made up with my friends and met Sean and thought 'hey, life is good.' Then, Grace confronted me about being anorexic, I got into a car accident on prom night, forfeited prom queen apparently for being in the hospital, almost killed my best friend, ended up with minor brain damage, broken hands, and a lot of other broken bones, accidentally got Kanen arrested, had to go through a lot of physical and mental therapy, finally felt okay, then saw Ryder dating a bitch that broke Jace's heart, realized I'm still fucking in love with him, so broke up with Sean, and now I'm here."

She had counted everything out on her fingers, but now kept that forced smile on her face. Ash scooted her chair over closer to Ian's, and leaned against him, taking his hand in hers again. Okay so maybe she was smiling and trying to act like everything was okay, but it wasn't. Things hadn't been okay in a year.

"The last thing Grace said to me was 'I'll never leave you' and..." Ash just shrugged helplessly.

"Anyway, sorry. I'm fine." She forced that smile back onto her face. The majority of what had happened to her had happened before any of them had come to Westbrook, so it felt... weird to say it aloud. Ash hadn't even wanted anyone to know that already had, so why was she breaking down in front of these people? "Hey, Tatum, why haven't you like... talked to Caleb?"

She reached forward, grabbing her phone off the table and sending a quick text to Kanen. Even if things were shaky between them, she was sure he could help her out... but his response just infuriated her. Several texts back and forth later, Ash huffed in anger and tossed her phone on the table, an angry look on her face.

"Fucking Kanen said I can't get drunk." Ash grumbled, and then realized that no one here probably knew Kanen very well. "And typically if he says something like, there's no stopping him." Kanen was a dick. "So uhh... be prepared to cover me so I can get drunk and not get carried out of the party by an ex-convict, yeah?"

0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler PenguinFox PenguinFox

Mason

Sure, it was early in the day and the bar hadn't even officially opened up yet -- but it would only be about an hour until it did, and Mason had gone to work early to help out. He needed the cash, and since Laurel wanted him to attend the fucking birthday party with her, Mason had to take the night off. It fucking sucked, because there went a shit ton of tips. This was why Mason never fucking dated. Girls were too fucking needy, and he had more important things to worry about.

Still slightly irked about it, he now headed into the local liquor store. Most of the bar's alcohol came by delivery, but sometimes they would run out of something before the delivery truck would be back, and they'd have to make runs up to this store. And sure, Mason was underage and shouldn't be buying alcohol, but the guy at the liquor store remembered Mason from the many trips his mother had taken through this very store. Plus, the boss of the bar he worked at had called ahead of time and let the owner know.

Still illegal, but whatever.

Mason was inside and roaming the aisles, looking for what he needed when he noticed a kid from school walk in. An amused smile played across Mason's face. He kept an eye on the other kid, waiting until he saw him walk up to the counter. With a lopsided grin, Mason snatched the bottle of whiskey off of the shelf and walked up beside him. He waited until the dude had pulled out his obviously fake ID before talking. "Hey, aren't you in my chem class? At high school?"

Longshot2019 Longshot2019

------------------------------------------------

Drake

This was one of the hardest things that Drake had ever done.

He stumbled out of the perfume store with Cal after him, coughing, hacking, and trying to get a breath of fresh, clean air. "Do they just spray all of the perfume at once or something?!" Drake cried, his face twisted upon into one of disgust. He had asked Cal here to try and help him find a gift for Maisie and after a lot of pleading and begging, his friend had finally agreed. One of the only friends Drake had left at this point, but hey whatever. He had a Maisie, and that's all that mattered.

And now he needed to get her a gift with the change and dollar bills that he had managed to collect over the past week, through some not-so-good means, and through just plain ol' stealing. Hey, he was a broke high school student, and all of Mason's money was going into taking care of them. He was even getting money from the state to take care of Drake, and Mason knew that that was used up as soon as it came in. So it wasn't like he was about to ask Mason for help.

So he had backslid a little bit. Big deal. Whatever.

"It's fine. Perfume sucks. Maisie smells good, anyway." Drake decided, still wheezing. Yeah, sometimes she smelled like weed. So beautiful.... but it also meant he had to check this off the list.

The two had also made a trip to Victoria's Secret, but Drake had just been very confused by the underwear everywhere. After trying on one of the bras and then asking Cal how well it fit and if it looked okay, they had been abruptly kicked out for "inappropriate behavior." Stupid Victoria's Secret. No one wanted their stupid underwear, anyway.

So now Drake was at a loss. What did you get a girl you liked?

"Cal, what do you get a girl that says 'hey I really like you and want to date you and also sorry about kissing you and then abandoning you for three months'?"

txlos txlos

-----------------------------------------

Keisha
BabyishMaleBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

Cafes were not exactly her cup of tea (pun intended), but Keisha had to get out of the house. The only person she had managed to meet last year had been Grace, and now she was in a coma. Keisha spent a lot of her time up there, but she always felt uncomfortable when she would see Kate, or Sawyer, or that little fucking weird blonde boy. Which meant that she typically was up there early in the morning, or late at night, totally throwing off her sleep schedule.

Her grandparents and mom did nothing but bitch at her about it. After a particularly bad argument this morning, Keisha had stormed out, and now figured she was out for the day. So she planned on getting something at the cafe, and then heading down to the bookstore. Yes, the badass little girl had a thing for books. They were calming to read, and she loved to be transported out of this reality because real life fucking sucked, even worse than most of the books she read.

This was taking forever, and she had to sum it up to the fucking blonde bitch in front of her. "Hey, like, could you order and get out of the way already? Other people have lives, too."

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Last edited:

Evie
AmEbkUE.gif

Evie slid the dollar into the machine and clicked F2. Ah, her favorite. The small springs was just about to release the bag right before it decided to cling onto it with dear life. "See. Broken." She pointed towards the snack. "But don't worry, I have a way around this thing." Her head went to side to side, successfully making sure the coast was clear before she raised her leg up and kicked it, really really hard.

Three bags of chocolate covered pretzels fell to the bottom.

"A dollar for three. What a great deal." Evie grabbed the bags and threw one to the boy. Ohhhhh, so her name was Grace. Interesting. Despite the many attempts of stealing her patient file just to take a peek she was always caught. The nurses always told her it was confidential information and that just made Evie believe they didn't even know her name in the first place. She was clearly just their job. A scoff escaped her, clearly offended at the boy's accusation "What makes you think I live here? Huh? Grace's friend?" She crossed her arms and stared up at the much taller boy.

Maybe Evie was tinier than most girls her age. So what? She was superior in every way. Those girls were just all about makeup and boys and... whatever else they were into. "Hmph. I'll have you know, I'm 'Grace's' neighbor. So you weren't totally wrong. Good guess Harry Potter." She shrugged, opening the bag and popping a pretzel into her mouth.

"Wanna go down to the cafeteria? Everything there sucks except the chicken tenders. Oh! And fries, Mmm."

What? So maybe Evie didn't get to talk to a lot of people in here. The only source of entertainment went to the blonde across the room and everyone who entered it. Maybe she wants to see what all the fuss is about.

giphy.gif

Toby's summer had been a whirlwind. First there was that incident with Zander, then his parents had decided that they no longer could afford to send him to private school, and somewhere along the way he managed to get with the beautiful Juliette Jameson. She was confident, pretty, and knew exactly what she wanted. It helped that she was daughter of the mayor. Mr. and Mrs. Knight hoped that somehow their social standing would increase by Toby dating JJ. Toby couldn't really care less about that, he just genuinely liked her. If he had to go to public school, at least he had someone to suffer through it with.

Today was JJ's birthday and Toby had been preparing for a while now. What do you get the girl who has everything? Sure he could buy her something, but how would that be different? How would it be special? JJ was a special girl and deserved something that showed that he cared about her. He just hoped she liked what he had planned. For now though he had to help set up, his little brother Zander would be bringing Toby's gift for JJ later on. Toby didn't want his girlfriend opening the gift too soon so he entrusted the younger Knight child with it for safe keeping.

Walking in without knocking Toby was greeting by a lot of party supplies. Like, a lot. How many parties were happening today? He could hear JJ's voice ringing out through the villa, but saw the 'guard dog' first. He let out a whistle as his girlfriend came in to view. She was stunning, well when wasn't she? But she was exceptionally beautiful today. He shrugged with a grin at the mention of his entrance. "And miss out on the warm welcome from Precious? Not a chance." Toby's eyes lingered on JJ for a moment before he really took in Precious. He could never really understand the thought process behind dressing up pets, but he wasn't gong to stop someone if it made them happy. He chuckled as the dog spun around on command. "Well he's certainly adorable. Smarter than some of the people we go to school with too. But he's not the show stopper here..." his blue gaze drifted back to JJ, goofy smirk stuck on his face. He often felt lucky he was dating her and whenever that feeling rose he'd have that goofy sideways looking smirk.

The two shared a quick kiss before the birthday girl asked about Toby's attire. He was dressed up some but he wasn't in a suit or anything. Just a casual blazer and dark jeans. "What's wrong with this?" he asked with a chuckle. He nodded in the direction of the party supplies. "So all of this is what needs to go up? You just love watching me work don't you?" He was teasing of course. He was more than happy to help. Soap Soap Mentions: Winona Winona

party-wear-blazers-500x500.jpg

Ava
Disgusted Headshake.gif

She hated parties. She hated balloons. She hated dogs dressed up. She hated alcohol. She hated cheerleaders. She hated basically everything and everyone that would be at JJ's party.

And yet here she was, making her way up to the front door of JJ's freaking mansion to help her set up for a birthday party that Ava could care less about. But, JJ had helped her out with the whole Tatum thing, and... well, Ava liked JJ and she wanted to be there for her. Ava had done her best to be there for her ever since prom, when she had thought they were going to kiss and maybe JJ felt the same way about her, but her new boy toy just proved that Ava's gaydar was broken.

She was walking up the steps when she heard clattering and glass breaking from a nearby car. Ava looked over, one eyebrow raised, and saw the brat that was Toby's little brother dropping very expensive looking bottles of something. With a roll of her eyes, she continued her way up the steps and opened the already unlocked door.

Only to find Toby and JJ kissing.

Wow.

"Do you guys want me to leave and come back, or...?"

Of course, her sassy remark was ruined by Toby's little brother popping up and shoving her aside.

---------------------------------------

Zander
tumblr_inline_onsxsbDswk1slfjc1_500.gif

The summer for him had been freaking legendary. Amazing. Full of fun... until JJ had pissed him off. In Zander's opinion, she wasn't good for his older brother and when they first started dating, he decided to prove his point. Plus, in his opinion, the town would be a lot better off without a pompous rich jerk as the mayor. So he decided to make his hatred known by spray painting things on the Mayor's car. He had never decided on an official thing, so he ended up mostly doing smiley faces. And a dick.

Someone ended up hearing him halfway through his vandalism, and Zander ended up panicking, pressing the button and spraying his entire arm and hand with red. When they had sent out that freaking dog, Zander had tried to take off, only to trip over his shoelaces. He still almost managed to escape, but was caught just down the street on his way home. Although Zander tried to deny he had anything to do with it, he had been caught red-handed quite literally.

His family's popularity in town and social standing plummeted even more -- it had already been fragile when Zander had come as trans, but now it was even worse. He hadn't known that was possible, and he had spent many sleepless nights wondering if the Knights would give him up. After all, he wasn't blood like Toby.

Even though they'd had to switch to public school, Zander was still in the family, so he considered that a total win. And he had insisted on coming to help set up for JJ's party, to smooth over the whole incident of spray painting a red penis on her dad's car. He figured actions spoke louder than words, and pretending it hadn't happened would be best.

Toby had gone in ahead since apparently he was super eager to greet his girlfriend. Eww. Bleh. Girls had cooties, Zander was good. Instead, he was in the middle of gathering a few bottles of some lovely booze that he had cleverly smuggled out to the car under his shirt. Ha. Their parents had had no idea and although Toby had been opposed to the idea at first, he'd given up and agreed. Toby always did. That's why he was the best big brother ever, even if his taste in girls was mediocre.

Zander made sure that JJ's gift was under one arm, the bottles of alcohol in the other. He straightened up away from the car and was getting ready to close the door and head inside when he may have lost his footing, and he may have dropped the perfect gift that Toby had made for JJ, along with a couple bottles that crash down...

... and broke...

... on top of the scrapbook.

Fuck.

Zander stared at the mess for a solid few seconds, thinking about how much his brother would probably kill him, when he finally scrambled to pick it up, shaking off the alcohol he could. Okay, okay, so it wasn't too bad. He would just... take it to the bathroom and blow dry the rest! Yeah! That would work! Zander quickly tucked it under his shirt, thankful for his choice in baggy hoodie for this ridiculous party. He tucked his t-shirt in, and then slipped the scrapbook so that it was between his t-shirt and his skin. Perfect.

With his arms at least free, Zander straightened his hoodie, grabbed the last few bottles of alcohol, and headed inside. Right behind a redhead that he'd seen following JJ around occasionally. She always kind of had this look of caged tiger ready to rip your face off, so Zander had steered clear. Until now, as he pushed past her inside.

"Oh god, please no. Like, the party hasn't even started yet. If you could save the baby making until we're all too drunk to care, that would be great." Zander said with a playful grin as he walked in, bottles of alcohol still in his hand. He made sure to push his way between Toby and JJ, and then his eyes locked onto that dog, and his smile faded. "Isn't that dog a boy? Why does it have a dress on?" His smile had turned into disgust, both at the sight of a dog in a dress, and knowing what that dog had done to him.

Stupid dog. Ratting him out.

PenguinFox PenguinFox Soap Soap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back