Westbrook Season 2

JampackedImmaterialAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-small.gif

Tadita

How the fuck could she explain something like that to him? Hey, sorry about bugging out two minutes ago. I was dead and my friend Tara who got shot in the face gave me her heart. Or Hey, sorry about that. I was the first victim of a mass shooting and now it's my earliest memory. Only Parker knew about that. "Yeah, for sure. Make sure Parker doesn't do anything stupid without me." She called, before leading River to the rather lonely funhouse. It was the stereotypical gaudy funhouse, covered in a plethora of bright colors and flashing lights and strange music coming from within. It was the first place Tadita could think of to get out of sight.

The taste of the weed sucker in her mouth suddenly didn't seem so sweet. Her heart was racing, there could be someone there with a gun- anyone could walk right into that festival and open fire. She was safest in the fun house, and so was River. Her tongue was bright green now, and she began to walk through the mirror maze, before pausing in one of the tight spots and leaning back against the mirrored wall. The world was dizzy and moving so slow. Normally that was what she aimed for. The lights around them were flashing from blue to pink to green, washing the mixed girl in a mixture of colors. She gently tugged on the cardboard of the sucker with her teeth, before dragging it down her tongue and looking at River's reflection as she pondered.

"You're beautiful." Tadita blurted right after he asked for her name. Her face shifted from rather entranced to shocked, taken aback by what she had just said. Obviously that hadn't been something she'd planned on saying, and her dark cheeks began to flush. "Sorry, fuckin', my name's Tadita. Lots of people just call me Dita." Tadita watched him through her dark lashes as she pushed her tongue against her cheek, trying to dissolve more of the sucker. She almost reached out to shake his hand, but remembered that they were already holding hands, and she grinned and compared the sizes of them affectionately. "I promise I'm not scared of some scrapping. I'm uh.. somewhat of a scrapper myself. God that was so lame! Tell me to shut up, please," Tadita laughed and and brought a hand up to her forehead, starting to relax again now that she felt more safe.

TheFool TheFool
-

yaaa.gif

Sha'nay

Her attention was momentarily drawn away by the fight that was taking place, her mask slipping for a few seconds as her mouth dropped open in slight awe, and then it went back on again and she chuckled with a small bit of discomfort. "Really? That's super sweet about you and your mom." She said genuinely. Shay was really close with her mom as well, the two were two peas in a pod. "For birthday's my mom would always book spa days at a little historical place about an hour from here." Mother-daughter bonding was something she truly enjoyed.

Shay wasn't looking at Mason as much as he was looking at her. She was glad that he was off put- he should have been. Shay hated Tadita, her ex was a thorn in her side who wouldn't just exit her life no matter how many time Shay tried to shove her out. But she drew the line at pure ignorance that Mason seemed to exude out of every pore. Tadita was a lot of things that were worthy of ridicule- a pothead, a criminal, a liar, a slut.. But her culture was not one of those things. It wasn't just a Tadita thing- she would have done it for any minority. Mason just seemed to target Tadita for it. She wanted Mason to know that she knew.. and she knew a lot.

"Yeah, actually. Born and raised." Shay smiled, grinning happily. Not all of her was crazy.. she just had her own weird sense of justice. Shay saw the jab, and her gaze held Norah's as if to ask, We can be friends, right? "I really like it here in town. There's a lot of fun events downtown during the summer and spring when the snow melts. The people are genuine too.. really hard working." That odd, eerie sugar-coating and double-edged words were gone. "It's not as old as some of the towns and villages in Massachusetts I'm sure, but it's got just as much charm. Right, Mason?" She asked, wanting to include him in on the conversation, trying to be the bigger person since he clearly wasn't being that.

Fitzroy Windrift III

tumblr_oafdqcIks51qmbdzpo2_250.gifv

Watching his brother struggle with the smell was an agonisingly long session of pure embarrassment. He didn’t even want to know what his cheeks looked like because he was pretty sure they were redder than the walls. He couldn’t just straight up lie, but he didn’t need to tell the truth either. Yeah, he was just smoking. That’s cool. Better than what he was actually doing. And a lot more legal.

“Look man, I am stressing. I need a ciggy here and there. As long as dad doesn’t know it won’t hurt anyone. Besides, the rolls is probably worth more than this place.”

As he stuffed the food in his gullet in much the same fashion as Gus, he just raised an eyebrow. A frown on his face as his food ran out.

“You know, that ain’t a half bad idea. Hold on.”

Mouth still half full with beef, he walked over to where he had left his phone. A few messages from dad glaring at him. He would open those later. He opened up the internet, looking about at the local pizza places.

He looked over towards Gus and then his sisters room. He knew what they liked off by heart. Getting through, he casually sat down again, chomping some more.

“Errr...yeah can we take like...a pepporoni, a meat feast. Oh, and yeah, one of everything. Let’s try that. How long?...Nah, it’s fine about cost.”

As he finished up, he put the phone back down, returning to his seat. Looking up at Gus again.

“Well that solves that issue. Hope you have room for more food.”

Honestly, he was starving. He could eat a horse if it kept him distracted.

Hypnos Hypnos ailurophile ailurophile TYPE TYPE

Drake
tumblr_inline_nc0shmPHnI1siu1dy.gif

He still had the last rose -- the one that was supposed to go to the last queen called up for Court, but Grace couldn't exactly walk. Since, you know, she was kind of dead and in a coma. And it was weird, how much it hurt to look at this rose and think that the blonde should be holding it. Drake hadn't ever even really talked to Grace -- he knew of her, but they weren't really friends. So why did it feel like there was a dull aching deep within his chest when he thought about what she was missing?

His wandering took him out of the festival, which maybe was for the best. Drake wasn't that interested in the games. The partying. The laughing. He really wanted... something. He wasn't sure, but something. Although, the more he walked and the more that his thoughts got to him, the more he knew exactly what he wanted.

A high. Anything to numb the pain.

His fingers reached into the pocket of his ripped jeans, pulling out the box of cigarettes he'd stolen from Mason. It was the same box he had stolen before he'd walked all the way back to that old apartment, eager to see his mom, only to find her rotting corpse sprawled out on the floor. The cigarettes in it held some kind of sentimental value to him now. The thing he had been holding when he found her body. They reminded him of her, every time he smoked one.

He flipped the box open to find one left.

Fuck.

Drake hesitated, and then slipped the cigarette box back into his pocket. As much as he was aching for something, he didn't want to part with it so soon. Fuck. Drake would just find... something else.

His steps had taken him just outside of a pizza shop. Wasn't this the one where Alex worked nowadays? That weird little coma boy that had been out of it since freshman year? Drake hadn't talked to him much since he came out of it, but then again, Drake hadn't exactly been around for the summer to talk to him.

Well, hey, he had nothing better to do.

Drake pushed his way inside, a huge grin now plastered on his face. "Alex, hey!"

TYPE TYPE

A L E X . S H A R P
@sharpattack
1579915716620.png
Braddington Braddington Hypnos Hypnos ailurophile ailurophile Winona Winona
The sound of the till going off had him frowning. Every ding today seemed to make his headache a shade worse. Also, when his darker thoughts had come to leave him, his back started to hurt. And then his legs. And fool that he was, he had offered to take the cashier job. When the guy gets back from deliveries he can change his shift. At least driving around means not standing in one place about to pass out from pain. Heck, even getting one of the guys to go get his cane had not made his asshole boss any less hateful. Gritting his teeth, he picked up the phone, forcing a smile into his voice. "WESTBROOK PIZZERIA! How can we serve you today?"

God... the guy on the other side. His voice. IT'S FINE ABOUT COST? Who even says that? "Sure, sir! We will get you your pizza asap!" Putting the phone down, a bit harder than needed, the door swung open, and the delivery guy returned, heading to the loo immediately. Looking towards his boss with no small amount of hope, the man just nodded his head. Taking off the apron, and having the order made, Alex moved around the counter to go get his keys. Just then a guy walked in, and it took Alex a second to catch up. "Drake?" What? "What are you doing here?" Limping over, feeling the piercing eyes of his boss on his back, he looked the other up and down. He looked horrible. "You okay man?" Hearing his boss shout at him, muttering about getting fired, he pointed to the car. "Hey man, get in" Giving him the keys. "I will be right there."

A few minutes he limped over to the car, handing his cane to Drake, having put the pizza on the back. "Hey, hold that will ya? Top box is extra from my lunch. We get like a free pizza for lunch. God I am so over pizza." As he took the keys and started the car. Feeling his left leg lock up, he bit down hard on his lip, rubbing it with his knuckles. Muttering fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck under his breath, he looked over to the other. "You look as bad as I feel." Not pushing it, he starts the car again, having turned it off, before pulling out and driving off.

"It's... good... seeing you again. Thanks for coming... those first few months. It was nice. Don't worry, most people stopped around the first six months. Thanks for keeping me in the loop." Clearing his throat, he focused on the road. God. This is why he hated the idea of going back to school. He was gonna be reminded constantly. They all lived. Went through good and bad. Happy, sad. They grew. And he was paused. He did not even know how to comfort a guy he once thought his friend. Kinda. It was strange. Made no sense. Could they have become actual friends? Shaking his head, he just looked on. Not pushing.

As the area got nicer, he looked it over, frowning. "I need to go give off these Pizzas. You wanna come along?" He stopped the car in front of the place, feeling out of place already. Ratty shirt. Coat. Pants. Shoes. God... he could already hear the comments. They better tip well. Maybe, enough to get them a drink afterwards? If only quickly. Looking over to Drake, he forced his smile. The one he used with everyone these days. "You coming?"

sick tatts.gif
It was nice to have Ash listen to him for once, but that didn't mean Kanen was going to listen to her when she tried to tell him she was fine. No one who's actually fine ever uses the phrase "I'm fine." Everyone knew that. If Ash was going to try and lie to him, the least she could do is make it convincing. A half-assed fib just felt insulting really. Normal people don't sit there and scrub their skin until its raw, somewhere Ash's rubbing was going to end up rubbing her wrists like that.

It hurt seeing Ash so fragile. For so long, she'd been one of the few constants in his life. The only one who was consistently there. Stubborn as she was, Kanen still appreciated it, even if he'd never showed it. Honestly, he kinds missed having Ash nagging him all the time. Fighting with over over stupid things on twitter didn't feel right.

Kanen took a deep breath, leaning back against a table directly across from her. "Why are you doing this?" Kanen asked. He was pretty sure he could guess. Chances are Ash had a cocktail of guilt and self hate just swirling around in that head of hers. He understood that shit, probably better than anyone else in Westbrook at this point. Kanen didn't really need to ask why Ash spent all of her time trying to forget everything. He knew why. But Kanen wanted Ash to admit it for herself. Damn it, he wanted to see her smile again, and not some cheap forced smile. He wanted her to enjoy life again.

Winona Winona

Ash
Stage Fright.gif

Well that was a loaded question, and a broad one. One that Ash wasn't sure she could even answer. It made her freeze, and she stopped rubbing at her wrist, her blue gaze moving up to look at Kanen. Normally and like, if this had been anyone else, Ash wouldn't have still been sitting here. Fuck, even if it had been Ian or Sebastian, she'd probably be gone by now. She would've kept lying, smiling, getting her way out of this. But, well, it was Kanen, and for some fucked up reason, she still felt comfortable around him. Safe, even.

It was stupid, right? Kanen had been a dick to her, and she hadn't exactly been the nicest to him.

"Do you remember last year?" She asked, avoiding the question as best she could. "The first day of school, and I was with the cheerleaders, and you came over. And then you got mad at that one girl, and spit like nasty chocolate milk and alcohol all over her?" Ash actually started smiling, and for once, it wasn't forced. It wasn't fake.

"I miss that."

High5ives High5ives

sick tatts.gif
How someone could be all cryptic and direct at the same time, Kanen wasn't sure, but somehow Ash had managed to do it. She wasn't speaking in riddles or anything, but she might as well have been. He had no idea what to make of what she said. Why would anyone miss him being some sad drunk all the time? Kanen was a mess, a violent one at that, and the entire school knew it. Hell, it's not like he'd made any effort to hide it. He was the school dealer, addict, and brawler, all conveniently rolled up into one package.

He shrugged. "I don't miss it." He began, folding his arms across his chest and cocking his head to the side. "I was a goddamn mess. I don't miss crying myself to sleep everything night, or waking up in cold sweats, or fucking living a whiskey lullaby." He shook his head. What did him getting better have to do with her anyways? He could feel himself getting all frustrated and worked up, but he hadn't even gotten anywhere yet. Kanen closed his eyes, letting his head fall and taking a deep breath. Getting pissed off at Ash wasn't going to fix a damn thing.

"Why are you doing this. You're acting like me, and two Kanen Fiaco's doesn't work." He repeated, trying to joke a little bit to keep her from just shutting down.

Winona Winona

Mason
tumblr_inline_n9ptsh82sV1sg1l5j.gif

The talk about moms was currently a sore spot for Mason. First off, his mother had never once spent his birthday with him -- in fact, the first few years where he'd cared about his birthday had left him waking up his mom from a hangover, and her asking what the hell he wanted. Informing her that it was his birthday was never a good idea -- that is, she would wake up, usually say "It's your birthday?" and then pass out. Lovely. After that, Mason had stopped even celebrating his birthday. It was just another day, and now he was eighteen and it really was just another day. Fuck, sometimes Mason forgot when his birthday was.

It then occurred to him, the more that he walked with these girls, that they were not like anything he was used to. Who rented out an entire observatory. Like don't get him wrong, that was a cute ass fucking story, but holy shit. Mason literally had to steal food out of restaurant garbage cans when he was younger. These girls probably burned fucking dollars bills just for the heck of it, and maybe it placed a little bit of jealousy in him, but he tried to keep that down.

"Huh?" He hadn't really been paying attention when Sha'nay spoke to him, so it took him a moment for her question to register. "Oh, yeah, totally. We have the uhh... the Boardwalk, along the coast. There's a lot of shops and festival games and stuff down there usually year round." One of the good things about Westbrook, he guessed.

Hard working... sure.

"You'll... like it. Probably." Mason said with a shrug.

BELIAL. BELIAL.

Ash
Saddish.gif

"I miss it because you talked to me, and Grace was alive, and Ryder wasn't... confusing." Well, and a million other reasons, but those always felt like the main three. The things that Ash had thought would be constants in her life, now gone, and now she didn't know where to go or what she was doing. Ash had never felt so lost -- she had had a plan, but now that had crumbled between her fingers, and everywhere she turned, someone was getting hurt or she was getting hurt.

"I'm not... I'm not acting like you." Ash mumbled, and went back to rubbing at her wrist, and then she started biting her lip. Trying to calm herself. Her fingers started rubbing harder, started digging into her skin to try and get... something. Some... sense of being grounded. Just, anything, really. This absolutely sucked.

"Look, I'm... trying to get better. I'm going to therapy and taking medication and like, I've been staying at Ian's but I have to go back home tonight. I'm doing fine, like... I'll be fine. It's just..." she hesitated for a moment. "Every time I try to move on, or be okay, or... anything. Something happens that ruins that, you know? Like today, I woke up and I was like okay, I'm going to have a good day. And then I went to see my mom, and she yelled at me and slapped me. Then I went to the festival, and guys kept calling me a slut. Then I was called onto stupid Homecoming Court and I have to walk with Ryder, and then Tatum wanted to talk after all of that. Oh! And Grace is on Court, which is just a big burning reminder to everyone that I'm the reason she isn't here. But then Tatum liked grabbed my arm, and then Raven came up and pushed her and then punched her. And I just." She stopped abruptly, and let out an annoyed groan.

"I just wanted to have a normal day and I want to get better, you know? But every time I try, the world is just totally against me." This was too much information, right? Of course it was. "Look, just go. I'll be fine."

High5ives High5ives

tumblr_ophiu5INEl1viv1xyo9_250.gifv
source.gif

May Gu and Kandi McCloud

As the two girls were wandering, May must've caught the gaze of Maisie. She roughly knew Maisie from Twitter, though not very well. Gia, too. Apparently Gia was Parker's friends, which May felt, made Gia her friend as well. Kandi frowned a bit.

"What'cha lookin' at, bestie?"

'Just some people from school, let's go meet them.'

Kandi was about to protest, but May dragged her off by hand. Her signs were frantic towards Maisie and Gia, who didn't seem busy or anything, so it was no harm. Kandi rolled her eyes a bit. They probably don't even know sign language. Bunch of normie cucks. She shouldered in front of May a bit, lip curled indignantly, like a petulant child. She'd always been a little possessive of her one and only friend.

"Hiiii, girls. Apparently May goes to school with you? I'm Kandi, her best friend." She emphasized the words, so there were no mistakes. May signed a bit more. Kandi grunted, but wouldn't dare mistranslate her best friend... at least, not while she was present. "She wants to know if we can hang out."

// Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Soap Soap //​

sick tatts.gif
Kanen wanted to believe everything Ash was saying, he really did, but how many times had he tried to get better only to fall deeper down the hole? Imagining Ash getting worse than this was mildly terrifying. Whats next? She runs off to Boston, joins a gang, and gets hooked on heroin? No. Too soon? Ok. Fair. Ash getting better was a nice thought, but watching her rub her wrists like some crack head wasn't very compelling. The way she had broken down and just spilled everything and anything made her look like a damn that was just waiting to crumble to pieces.

When she tried to tell him he could go, Kanen shook his head and pushed up off the table he was leaning against. "Nope. I'm not going anywhere...You wouldn't have." Kanen said firmly before wrapping his arms around the small blonde and pulling her into a hug. She looked like she could use one right about now. Even if Kanen wasn't much of a hugger, he could make an exceptions once in a while.

Winona Winona

tumblr_o1l5zvki7G1tmlol5o4_250.png
tumblr_o1l5zvki7G1tmlol5o5_250.png

Norah Walsh
location: moving away from Roasted Almonds Booth mention: dendygar dendygar Winona Winona
She smiled and nodded along with Shay, totally enjoying the girl's company. They were getting along swimmingly as it happened, and Norah was pleased as pudding to come to that realization. She'd at least have one person to brave this new school with. Her gaze slipped to the man beside them, who seemed to be drifting further and further as their conversation dripped with wealthy anecdotes. She pursed her lips, unsure of where to go with it. Norah liked having her fingers in all the pies, a little bit of sway all the way across the board. Enemies were natural, and she had no issue with gaslighting them if she had enough people to support her. It paid to have those loyal to you, especially in the face of adversity.

Tossing the carcass of her cotton candy into a passing trash bin, she stopped moving. Sighing quite loudly, she whirled to face Mason. Shaking her head, putting on a tender smile, she reached out and grabbed his arm. Gently, but with intention. "Mason. I get that all of this talk is probably overwhelming, but I hope you'll see past it all. Having money doesn't mean I have no soul. I promise. If you want to beat, you totally can," she said. Norah could read a room, she could feel out what most people were feeling. Being the center of attention had its benefits, especially when all eyes were on you-- that meant that you could scope out all there were there. All that watched. Under her gaze, like a warm sun. She was benevolent when she chose, and when people were on her side. She was no vile empress, or a breathless dictator.

"But like, if you ever want to check out an observatory and not have to see people you know there, I'd love to take you. It's sooo much better when no one can judge you. Trust me, kay?" She smiled at him, gave is arm a gentle squeeze, and let her hand drop. "I'll see you on Monday?" Norah was the type of girl with bristling confidence, especially in the impact she made on people. Inherently, putting yourself out there, meant you would be gawked out. Glared at. Admired. It was what being in the spotlight meant.

Yet, she didn't want to keep this poor guy hanging around them like some lame puppy. She wanted to talk to Shay anyway, definitely to feel out what the girl knew about Westbrook. She knew Mason, despite him not knowing her... she had intelligence that would be foolish to ignore.

tumblr_inline_p8dpxp8L6S1urqydq_500.gifv

Jacqueline Dupont

"Pleasure to meet you, Greyson." Jackie greeted with a gentle smile. Finally, Jackie got to meet someone who wasn't immediately in the mood for a brawl, which is weird for someone representing the wrestling team. She watched as Greyson handed the clipboard to his absent minded colleague behind the table who was boggling over a group of cheerleaders nearby. "Hopefully the rest of the team isn't that thick skulled." Jackie teased with a playful wink.

As Greyson motioned for her to follow him, Jackie raised an eyebrow in question but followed anyways, tucking her hands in the pockets of her jacket. At the sight of cotton candy, Jackie laughed and shook her head. "You really are a man of his word, aren't you?" Jackie questioned, finally giving in and taking the blue cotton candy from his hands, seeking shelter from the slow drizzle of rain under the shade by the truck.

Jackie pulled a piece of the cotton candy from the ball and popped it in her mouth, the pure sugar melting on her tongue. "I haven't had this stuff in years. It's a lot sweeter than I remember it being." Jackie reminisced, leaning against the truck beside the taller boy. She smiled at Greyson's excitement around her joining the team.

"Well, hopefully I can live up to the hype." Jackie giggled. "I used to do a bunch of stuff back when I lived in France before I moved here. There wasn't much else to do on the military bases, so I ended up involved in a bunch of stuff involving fighting, wrestling being one of them. I'm probably pretty rusty but I figured its worthwhile to give it a shot." She continued to explain, popping another piece of cotton candy in her mouth.

"So, what got you into wrestling? Are you the captain of the team here?" Jackie asked, looking over to the blond beside her.

| Greyson Soap Soap |

tumblr_nm0ghdT33Y1tlmbsuo4_250.gifv

Isabelle Dupont

Bella continued to wander around the fair, pausing to chat to a few people as she passed interesting booths. She paused for a moment, seeing her sister talking to some guy by a truck. She made a mental note to catch up with her older sister later when she wasn't mid conversation and continued her solo stroll.

The drops of rain began to slowly fall and Bella let out an audible sigh. So much for a nice day.

Bella found a bench underneath a canvas canopy and grabbed a seat, pulling her denim jacket tight across her slim chest. She always reacted poorly to the cold, and the rain certainly wasn't helping. Sliding her phone out of her pocket, she tapped on Brayden's name in her contacts, though she paused before typing out a message.

'hey! if you're at the fair, we should meet up. I'll buy you a treat from one of these booths to repay you for the drive home the other day : )'

Bella lodged the phone on the bench beside her and pushed a few stray strands of blonde hair away from her face.

| Brayden Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler | open

Ava
Saying Car Murderer.gif

She hadn't wanted to come, and in the short time that Ava had been here, she had thought of about ten different ways to kill some of the preppy girls that were giggling over stupid stuff. At the moment, Ava was leaned against a nearby picnic table, holding a cup of coffee in her hands, and staring daggers at anyone that walked by.

Her mother had pulled the stupid milk trick on her again. She'd asked Ava to go get milk, and then locked the door and refused to let her daughter back in. Which meant that she was here, attempting to do the stupid socializing thing that her mother thought was oh-so important. Instead, her mind rolled with what the serious things she needed to finish up when she got home. Hatch an egg on her Pokemon game, compete in that tournament on Fortnite (she loved squashing the kids).

Busy, busy.

And then she saw none other than Sawyer, and normally Ava hated her just about as much as she hated the other preps. Well, maybe not quite as much, but Ava didn't exactly like her. However, she had been there during the whole Tatum shenanigan thing, and even ended up going to the office with them.

So maybe she was alright.

Ava stood up from the table and walked over to meet up with her. After all, it didn't look like Sawyer was doing anything else, however... Ava hadn't tried to start conversations in like, well, almost ever.

"Fancy seeing you here. What are you uh... what are you doing?"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Ash
Sad close up.gif

Of everything that Ash had expected, a hug hadn't even made it on the list.

At first, she remained rigid, not wanting to hug him back, but... fuck it. She was lonely, and hugs were nice and it had been a long time since someone had fucking hugged her. So she wrapped her arms around him, and hugged him back, and buried her face in his chest. It was comforting, and familiar, even if usually when she hugged Kanen things were reversed. It was her telling him that everything would be alright, not Kanen trying to comfort her. Fuck, he was right. She had become him.

"Why are you doing this? You like, hate me or something." Understandably so -- Ash had maybe accidentally gotten him arrested, and it wasn't like they'd been on good terms since like... forever.

High5ives High5ives

Evie
1579943996042.gif

The small girl grinned at the compliment. She liked Evie too. Genevieve was too formal and far too grandma-ish for the girl to even consider using anytime in the future. “Cool. Noah isn’t a bad name either.” There was better names out there but he complimented her so... she’ll go easy on him for a little.

Although finding out that her name meant life kind of put a damper on her mood. The brunette never had much of a life— at least, not something that she actually considers living. Hospitals were so dull and boring. Rules held you back from doing anything and everything in this place but there was also a few certain lines she couldn’t cross due to other aspects of her life.

Like her reason for being here.

Not in the room of course, the hospital itself. But she wasn’t about to get into all that. “I’m hiding from a big tall scary man.” She shrugged uncaringly, letting her words set in for a few seconds while she held her amused grin back desperately before it broke through.

“A nurse. It’s kinda my thing. It’s fun to mess with them.”

That wasn’t all there was to it. It was more than just making someone’s job difficult. It was simply Evie just trying to make her own feel a little easier.

Stu

jguijDK.gif

Stu had taken off his wolf head and was trailing it by his fluffy side. He fled the drizzle to a nearby tree and stepped in a puddle, splashing mud all over his furry self. His day had gone from bad to worse in a matter of seconds.

Big Beanie Bro arrived just in time to witness Little Beanie Bro’s portable temper tantrum.

‘It’s dumb,’ he complained with steam coming out of his ears, ‘Why’d they put her name in like that? It’s not funny. What a stupid joke—’

Stu shook his head and sighed. With a huff he pushed himself away from the tree and moved past Jace, brushing shoulders with him.

‘Whatever, I’m just gonna go grab a bite,’ he said in an exasperated tone.

They marched across to the food truck and Stu stood pondering the sizzling grill for a good minute, dripping rain from his wolf costume. The old man asked him what he wanted, and he pointed (with his paw) at the nice-looking burger one of the other kids was having.

He couldn’t pay because he didn’t have his wallet with him. What a happy “coincidence” that Jace was standing next to him! While Big Beanie Bro was waiting for his own order (and paying), Stu took his paper plate and cheeseburger and grumpily set it down on a free picnic table, squeezing his fat fluffy self into an awkward situation. Now the boy sat staring at the burger in front of him, before glancing at his humungous wolf paws. Well, perhaps he didn't think this through properly…

Winona Winona BELIAL. BELIAL.

Last edited:

River Walsh

tenor.gif

He stared at himself in several of the funhouse’s mirrors.
His reflection flashing from bright blue to a neon pink. He felt as if he was on a trip. He stared - looking himself up and down. Spying the girl behind him, their hands still connected. She was so small compared to him. His tallness was always the first thing to catch a chick’s attention, and rightly so. Being 6’4 truly had too many an advantage. He put his hood down now that they were safe from the spitting rain,
“Place is… pretty lit.”
Was all he could say. He wish he had something right now. A bit of Molly, maybe? But, no.
He had to be on his best behaviour.
New town and such.

He laughed to himself as he tried imagining him being on his “best behaviour”.
Yeah fucking right.

He turned around to look at her, the girl’s proclamation catching him by a strange surprise. Women called him a lot of things. Hot. Sexy. Handsome. Stud. Beautiful though? That was a rarity. She was right though. He smirked, looking at her as she leaned up against a mirror. The lights above now changing to a blinking neon lime green. She looked shocked at what she had said and quickly apologised for it.
And, finally, introduced herself.
Dita.
“That’s a dope name.” He said. “Dita.”
Dita.
“Rolls off the tongue.”
He came closer toward her. Their hands still entwined. He gently squeezed his grip, still using his thumb to methodically massage her skin. She looked at his hand and then back up at him.
He laughed,
“You look scrappy enough.”
Biting his lip.

“Tell me to shut up, please.”

He let go of her hand, but not pulling away. He instead placed both of his hands gracefully upon her hips. Having one of them slowly make its way up her body. Feeling her. He thought of that guy that was with her. Cam, yeah? Was he her boyfriend? Did he like her?
He grinned.
Fuck him.
“Shut up...” He whispered to her before leaning down and putting his lips against hers. The lights shifting back to the blue.

dendygar dendygar

Tadita

When he called her scrappy, she laughed and tossed her head back a bit, before she began to quiet down as he moved his hands to her hips. One of them was wandering up, and up, and up.. His touch set her on fire. He was a whole foot taller than her, and she was just now realizing it as he was leaning down over her. Oh fuck. Don't fuck this up. Tadita, jodes esto y te están quitando ese estúpido teléfono tuyo-! Her mother's voice came into her mind just as their lips finally connected. One of his large, warm hands was right beneath her breast, and she had no idea what the fuck was going on. There were too many sensations, her thoughts were in overdrive yet at the same time her mind was utterly blank. She exhaled softly against his cheek and closed her eyes, getting up on her tip toes and slowly wrapping an arm around his neck.

The Tadita closed her eyes and deepened the kiss, furrowing her brows and gently touching his soft, dark hair. Her skin smelled like some sort of perfume mixed with herbs- not weed- her hair like lilac and vanilla. Her tongue swiped along his lower lip, her mouth tasting like an odd mix of sugar and something more earthy. She soon unwrapped her arm and switched to cup his face, not planning on ending their session anytime soon. Tadita switched between deep, passionate kisses, to playful nips and chaste kisses, back to the passionate once more. The smaller girl had plenty of experience kissing and the pleasures that came with it. She was going to make sure this was the best damn make out sesh he'd ever had, maybe leaving him wanting to come back for more. Her hands wandered down his chest and fiddled with the hem of his pants, her leg going between his expertly adding some friction.. before she pulled back, pausing to breathe.

Tadita lightly leaned her head back against the mirror, her chest rising and falling with a slightly increased rate. Her eyes were closed and lips barely parted, the tips of her pearly white teeth flashing in time with the lights. Tadita was dizzy, the world was spinning and her face was numb. Her full lips were slightly swollen from all the kissing, her high cheeks flushed bright red.

TheFool TheFool

a3cd212bd147cb1347f739afca39aad53df115c0.gif

ZIA WINDRIFT
No matter what she did, Zia didn't feel like herself. She'd had extra highlights put through her hair to brighten any perceived dullness, she'd applied all of her favourite makeup, she'd put on one of her most iconic outfits--

The outfit was the worst. It didn't fit the same, anymore.
Perhaps she'd put weight on. Or lost it in the hospital.
It could be her imagination. But even if it was only that, it bothered her.

She stood in front of her light-rimmed mirror, clad in her underwear. examining herself critically. There were scars on her body, scars not even the best cosmetic surgeon money could buy could erase: small scars, but scars nonetheless. Blemishes on what should have been a perfect form. Her fingers traced her stomach, the perfectly sculpted abdominal muscles she'd prided herself on just barely visible now. It was her own fault. Since the accident, she'd lost all of her motivation. Her gym clothes had been gathering dust for months.

Her brother's voice interrupted her assault on herself and she quickly wrapped herself in a satin robe without replying. Padding down the stairs took a good few minutes-- a house as large as the Windrifts' did have its drawbacks. When she emerged in the living room and trotted over, she immediately wrinkled her nose in distaste.

"Chinese food? Ew, can't you order a pizza too?"

Ignorant to why her question might be so amusing, she dropped into a chair with a huff.

"I'd have thought you two would be out already. meeting people." She arched an eyebrow, attempting to regain the ghost of her old bravado. "Networking?"

Braddington Braddington Hypnos Hypnos

Theo

tumblr_oprbuffXQn1wo9n99o2_250.gifv

She was going to drive but it was looking like such a nice day. The sun shining. The leaves falling from trees. Westbrook was warm red and orange. Crisp golds and paler yellows. To Theo, it would’ve been a missed opportunity to take the car. So -
Walking it was.
She stood outside the apartment block. In her new sneakers, pristinely white. Casual sweatpants and a striped t-shirt. Her hair as natural as ever, though she was considering getting a weave before the end of the new school week. She zipped up a hoodie and put in her airpods.
Getting ready to go.
She flicked through her Spotify and chose.

It was time to make her presence known. Tweeting wouldn’t just do it. Theo was here.

She clicked play.
The music beginning to blare into her ears.

And then it started to rain.

Shit.

The festival was… well, quaint. It was very homely. Which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. She could do quaint, she could do homely. Both of those things were very in this year. The first thing she spotted was a stand selling coffee - which she’d heard about already.
Yes.
Give me some of that, thank you.

She approached it -
The rain softly pittering and pattering. She smiled at the barista attendee, “Hi. Can I get a… um… you guys do skinny lattes, right?”
The barista nodded and shuffled over to the coffee machine. Theo looked up at the sign hanging over the booth. It read in colourful font “Sleeping Hedgehog”. This was definitely the one she’d heard about. Apparently some guy she’d be going to school with was related to its owner.
She gulped.
She was a bit worried ABOUT school.

Monday would be… interesting. To say the least.

The barista handed her her coffee in a cute little paper cup. She smiled, “Thank you for not using plastic - oh my God. It’s like so hard to find a good eco-friendly coffee shop.” The barista just nodded in response, waiting to be paid. Oh, yeah. She rooted into her pocket and took out a couple of bills.
“Here.”
“Thank you.”
She smiled, “You’re so welcome. Thanks for the coffee!”
She turned around, letting the barista keep the change, and began walking more and more into the centre of the fair. She blew on her coffee and took a sip.

Ew.

She almost spit it out.

This was…
A drink.

She looked around. Holding the yuck. A crowd had gathered around some sort of booth or something. A lot of commotion. This place seemed to just be COMMOTION. Bad vibes.
Theo was relieved when she saw a familiar face,
“Riona! Hey girl. Holy shit I am so happy you’re here.” She jogged over to her. Riona’s face was in her phone. “I was dreading actually talking to new people, to be honest. So please… talk to them with me.”
She smiled.
Still holding the coffee.
“How fond of lattes are you, cha?”

ailurophile ailurophile

-

River Walsh

original.gif

He pressed into her.
His hands feeling every part of her that he could. He pulled away for a second and looked at her, then looking down at the ground. He saw the gorilla thing she’d given to him, lying on the funhouses’ floor. He must’ve dropped it in his stupor. He felt drunk.
Drunk and horny.
Horny and drunk.
He went back in to her. Going between sliding his tongue down her throat and biting her lip playfully with his teeth. His hand found its way on her pants,
Slipping its way down into them.
His fingers adventurous.

She pulled away from him. He opened his eyes. Lights still flashing vibrantly. Blue. Pink. Blue. Pink. Green. Green. Green. Blue. Pink. He looked down at her. She looked a bit… out of it. He removed his hand from her jeans. “Everything cool?”
He asked.
Exhaling softly.

dendygar dendygar

Tadita

Tadita had pushed her hand to the front of his jeans when she pulled back, her brows furrowed and her hips stopping their sweet, gentle stirring. There was too much happening. It was hard for her to focus, and she was more than a little embarrassed by it. Because good God she wanted this. Her expression was that of pleasure, her shirt haphazardly ridden up just beneath her bra. If they got caught, they were both fucked. But wasn't that part of the fun? She laughed and leaned up, nibbling at his lower lip again teasingly.

"You're intoxicating," Tadita slurred, "Te quiero dentro de mi." She whispered the incredibly erotic meaning into his ear, before slowly pulling away. "But not here." She grasped the front of his jeans before letting her hand fall away, exhaling shakily. "I'd like to think I have more class than fucking in a funhouse.. and besides, if I give it up now," Tadita paused, leaning in and kissing him deeply again, getting distracted off of her need for some sort of affection, "... doesn't that kill the thrill of the chase?" Her hand had slipped into the front of his jeans now, slid passed the band go his boxers, grasping..

Before there were footsteps. Tadita pulled her hand away and laughed playfully, rebuttoning her jeans back up and reaching down to grab the gorilla. "We have the rest of the house to see, anyway." Tadita purred and kissed his neck, before turning and finding their way out of the hall of mirrors. She walked up the tiny metal steps in front of them up to the second level, humming to herself. She had a beautiful voice, too, ad as they got to the second floor, the pop music was louder and the lights no longer flashing, more so just transitioning from one primary shade to another. "So, River," Tadita began, walking backwards and holding the gorilla in front of her playfully- it was almost as big as her. "Besides banging strangers you just met, what are your hobbies? Play football or basketball?"

TheFool TheFool

Gus Windrift
Gus.jpg

‘One-of-everything? Come’on Fitz, don’t do this to me. You know I’m allergic to olives…. And dogs.’ Gus paused for a moment, quizzically. ‘You don’t think One-of-everything includes, dogs, right?’ The youngest of the Windrifts raised a singular eyebrow as his brother so readily decided to order a second take-out after he’s already gone through the excruciating efforts of personally picking up a first. He must be especially hungry tonight, which he supposed made a little sense considering he'd allegedly spent Gus’ entire absence working out, but still, a Pizza for each of them seemed a little excessive, even to the man that owned five cars.

‘Zia didn’t even say she wanted anything ye…’ It was that exact moment when their elder sister decided to make her appearance, fresh from trying to make herself up to the tee. Some things never changed.

‘Don’t worry, Zee, the fat bastard over there already decided that Chinese wasn’t going to be enough to fill the gaping black hole that is his stomach. He ordered us one each, so you better make some room.’ As he spoke, he picked up the small tray of sweet-and-sour prawns, wafting them invitingly under his sister’s nose.

‘I see that you and Fitz took the time to start unpacking whilst I was out.’ Gus gestured to the vast empty floors of the living area, almost completely barren save for the jungle of unpacked boxes that littered the floor, and the few items that had been deemed necessary for living. The seat in which Zia now sat being one of them.

She hadn't unpacked Gus a seat.

‘Networking?' He continued. 'Who are we, the fucking Wincklevoss Twins?’ Gus stuck up his nose. ‘I’ve only just got back in, and I haven’t had a single moment of peace and quiet since we got here. Now we have to go out meeting new people. That sounds exhausting.’

He let out another yawn. ‘But' The syllables were stretched suggestively. 'If you wanna go out after we eat, then I can tag along. I can’t let all these poor' mock disgust, 'people make fun of my perfect older sister.’

Braddington Braddington ailurophile ailurophile

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5f465a71463277516841493478673d3d2d3534373138373135392e313531623932366536366433646161613639343638373631303539322e676966

RIONA WALSH
First her siblings had forgotten her: one minute, she'd stopped walking to check her phone, the next minute, she'd looked up and they had disappeared. Then the fair was full of people who probably had parents with regular jobs, or -- god forbid -- had jobs of their own already. They either looked at her with all the mild interest any old new girl would attract, or they looked straight through her.

Like they didn't know who she was.
Like they didn't know she was Riona Walsh.
Like they didn't know she was special.

It made her skin crawl. Riona felt ordinary.
And she was far from ordinary, surely? A pretty, rich, blonde cheerleader. That was unique.
So why didn't any of the people she passed seem to understand that?

Riona's discontent was growing by the second and she hugged her bag to her chest as she walks, lest it be snatched away by any make of stranger. Her lip curled in distaste. So absorbed was she in her self-obsession and privileged critique of the fair and its visitors, she almost didn't register Theo's greeting.

Back at Black Mill, they hadn't been the best of friends, but times were changing. The world was upside down.
And Riona needed all the friends she could get.
Besides, even if they hadn't been close before, Theo was cool. She had all of the ingredients for popularity: good looks, an outgoing personality, charm, talent.

So she smiled. Relieved.

"Thank fuck, someone normal. I've been having the worst time, I don't even know where my stupid brother and sister are. You haven't seen them, have you? Stupid shits abandoned me. What if I'd been kidnapped?"

Her babbling betrayed her nerves. She was positively giddy with fear.
The fear she wouldn't fit in.

"I like coffee, sure. Why?"

TheFool TheFool

Sawyer
Sawyer was having a great time standing awkwardly in the crowd. She really was just having the best time. The best. She totally was not feeling rather claustrophobic. There wasn't even that many people, she could easily just walk away. But for some reason she couldn't make herself move. She was just kind of frozen in place. There was a storm rolling in. They nominated Grace. Sawyer wondered briefly if she would even be awake to accept her win if she won. How sad would that be? If they called her name and no one came. If they called her name and no one ever came again. Sawyer blinked. Once. Twice. A single raindrop hit her face. Or maybe that was a tear, she couldn't tell. Reaching up, she wiped the invading liquid away and took one deep breath. It was fine. It was sweet that people had still nominated Grace. She shouldn't be sad about that. So why was she? Grace was going to be fine. She was going to be there. Another breath. Sawyer really needed to just move on. If she could just force herself to walk out of that open door before the walls caved in around her. Everything would be fine.

The first step was moving away from this spot where she'd seemed to have taken up roots.

Sawyer only managed to take one step before someone appearing beside her caused her to stop. Ava was now standing there, looking almost as awkward as Sawyer felt. They hadn't really talked much, ever. But Sawyer knew she and JJ used to be close. She also knew that JJ had a huge crush on her even if she refused to admit it. Why else would Sawyer have made sure Ava got Prom King? What a time to be alive, two girls getting Homecoming King and Prom King in the same year. Granted, they were both due to rigs but who cared?

"Well, I am currently standing here." Sawyer grinned at her own joke, "I needed to get out of the house. Figured this was better than nothing. Fresh air can do you good sometimes." She took a deep breath and crinkled her nose, "Even if it is filled with the scent of whatever the hell they're burning over there." Sawyer looked in the direction of a food cart that was radiating the distinct smell of burning food.

"You don't strike me as the festival type. So what are you doing here?" Sawyer questioned with a cocked eyebrow.

Winona Winona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back