• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook -- Season 1 - A long term high school rp

Winona

No, I don't have too many characters.
So this did end up being made and if you're interested, click here!

The city lights shone brightly. A cool wind blew past, causing you to pull up your jacket around yourself. This was Westbrook, the City on the Water, the City of Lights, famous and considered a metropolitan by the smaller cities that surrounded it miles away. It wasn't the biggest city -- it was certainly no Chicago -- but it was also no place where "everyone knew everyone." Simply put, it was a beautiful median.
In the center of the city was the basic city things -- malls, gorgeous little shops, a boardwalk and beach along the sea that lapped up against the city's edge. Moving farther away from the busier part, the city slowed into suburbs and then into farmland. Of course, just like any city, it had its bad parts -- its city "slums," so to speak.
Regardless, as you stood looking out at the boardwalk and the ocean, all you could think about was how you somehow felt like here, your life was about to get interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Basically, I want this roleplay to follow, mainly, the high school students of Westbrook and eventually, move them up into University and onwards. A nice median and, as you probably noticed, it says "Season One." This is because I would like there to be a series of events, and then we can wind everything up and skip a year or so into "Season Two" and move the roleplay along, eventually getting our characters into adulthood... potentially.
This also means I want drama! And maybe make it so that the characters kind of know each other beforehand, maybe have past memories that happened before the roleplay started, just to make it more interesting. Whatever floats your boat.
Of course, your character does not have to be in school. They can just be a character that is appropriately aged (14-18, maybe?) and may have dropped out of school for some reason, or attend a different school. Of course, it should be LEGAL, meaning no 14-year-olds that aren't in school, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dede Dede ! Vale and I have done it once before, and it turned out amazing, so we'd love to redo it with more people (hopefully).

Beeze Beeze Same. I can't wait to get this rolling.

Awesome! I'll get don't pages made up so everyone can start making characters and rping in an hour or so.

sunshine and whiskey sunshine and whiskey Good question. Definitely creative freedom. ^.^ I want everyone to be able to have as many characters as they want, and for there really to not be "side characters," so to speak, if that's makes sense? As in, multiple plots and what not happening within different friend groups.

Winona Winona
Okay. Just had to ask before I jotted down some potential ideas for characters. c: Sounds cool though and now? I definitely cannot wait.

Of course, there's always more room! You can follow the link to the character sheets. The rest of the stuff is linked there.

The link is up above! Please join us, Timv9 Timv9 !

I'm going to add the OOC link to the main post in a minute, too.

I am interested as well! This is really cool I have never been in a long RP before. All of them died within a week lol.

Jiyoon Jiyoon Hopefully we can keep this one longer! The original got to Season 2 and ended up running for about six months.
There's a link up above to the pages.

Winona Winona I was just wondering if maybe in the character sheet there should be something for their sexuality? Just so people know who maybe their characters could possibly have a relationship with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back