• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
13070F3D-D1A3-499E-B0C8-BA15FA8E44D9.gif
June
June looked over at a voice when she heard it. She felt a little relieved it was Grace and found her shoulders lowering from their tense state. She smiled gently at the words, they seemed to warm her heart for a bit. But, she put her hands on Grace’s shoulder and her smile instantly fell. “I’m going to die out there.” She said then broke away from her as she raised her fingers to rub against her lips. “I’ve never done this before. And like other students who hate me are gonna watch me.” Most importantly a certain red head named Adriane.

“I don’t even remember the notes to some parts...” She paused. “Okay that’s a lie, but I don’t want to.” She raised her hands to her head but quickly stopped herself since her hair was perfect at the moment. “Uh, I’m gonna go get some water. You can come with me if you want. I heard the brownies are good too.” She suggested before walking out and down the stage. Hoping the cool water would calm her down.

However, it made her more nervous as she saw people she’s never seen before coming to look at the play. She is tempted to scare them off, but that was a horrible idea. What will they think of me if I mess up? She thought for a moment before taking in a deep breath. Water. She needs water.

Soap Soap

Belle Taylor

Mood: Nervous| Interacting with: Drake |Mentions: Winona Winona

Belle's eyes scanned over the brightly coloured posters that seemed to be stuck on every possible surface. This school sure was differen't... But that was what she needed. A fresh start in a new town where things could be better. She fiddled nervously with her purity ring. But what if she didn't fit in at this new school? After all, it was a public school and she was coming from a private Christian school. At least there they all had common ground to start conversations off as well as uniforms. Was what she was wearing alright? She wasn't used to wearing what she wanted to school. What if a teacher thought it was inappropriate and expelled her?! She leaned against one of the lockers, trying to get control of her breathing. She was being ridiculous but she couldn't help it. She had never been the new kid before.

Taking another deep breath she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued through the school. She had heard that the school was putting on a musical. it had seemed like a good way to meet some new people before she started but now she wasn't so sure. Was it weird she was going to a play at a school she hadn't technically started at yet? She wasn't really a student until tomorrow. What if they kicked her out and didn't let her come back. Was she trespassing? Was this illegal? She was about to turn around and go home but then she was in the line of sight of the ticket/brownie stand. It would be weird if she turned around and left now.

So Belle gathered her courage and approached a male with dark hair and pretty blue eyes. "Hi, uh can I get one brownie and a ticket please?" she requested, inwardly cursing herself at how awkward she was today. She held out the money to pay for the items, smiling softly. "Did you make the brownies yourself?" she asked, giving a pitiful attempt at conversation. How she went from being a confident popular girl to a ball of nerves so suddenly she didn't understand. It was just a new school full of strangers it wasn't that scary... Oh, who was she kidding she was terrified by the idea. But anything was better than going back.
code by Ri.a

Ash
Lip Than.gif

Well as if Ash didn't feel terrible enough, JJ's comment just made her feel even worse. The small smile on her face fell away, and she took the dress from her, her gaze falling to the ground. Well, maybe her mother was right, and now she definitely regretted asking for any kind of brownies. "Uh, thanks," she said quietly, glancing at Sawyer for a moment before she headed off to a dressing room to change. And hopefully, it would actually fit her. Although, to be fair, it probably wouldn't.

She headed into one of the dressing rooms, pulling the door closed behind her. It was hard to breathe. Whatever kind of happiness she had found from the alcohol was now starting to fall away, and instead, she just fell like an even more hollow, more shallow feeling than she had felt this morning. God, could she seriously not have a single normal day in her life? One day that was safe from drama, arguing, rude comments, or anything that occurred every day?

It only took a few moments for Ash to slip into the dress. She sucked in her stomach, holding her breath while she tried to zip it up as far as she could. Sadly, well, Ash couldn't pull it up all the way, and then she felt as if she might just cry. Who the hell was she even supposed to ask to help her? Groaning, Ash pushed her way out of the dressing room, glancing around for someone to finish zipping her dress, and then locking it with that little clasp thing.​

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes orange is a named color in this code// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Background] background:url(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xKYdDoOdGNY/WLwahZXVeYI/AAAAAAAAuNw/w3Qr5iFNJJ0io0v-6wrP5aKHabMEm4CqACK4B/s1600/flat_mountains_landscape_by_ggiuliafilippini-d8zdbco.jpg); position:relative; padding:0px; height:0px; width:0px; transition: width 3s, height 3s; // This is the background image as well as the backgrounds beginning size// [/class] [class=BackgroundFull] height:461px; width:99%; transition: width 1s, height 1s; //the back ground at its full size// [/class] [class=Hide] display: none; //hides what needs to be hidden// [/class] [class=Image] float:left; margin-right:20px; border:2px SOLID White; line-height:0; width:200px; height:200px; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/94/51/1994514434ddd9c86b873eccb8cb4afb.jpg); background-position: 20% 5%; cursor:pointer; transition: width 3s, border-radius 3s, height 3s; //border around image and its starting size// [/class] [class=ImageFull] width:276px; height:461px; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; background-position: 20% 5%; transition: width 3s , border-radius 3s, height 3s; //the image's full size// [/class] [class=Name] float:left; width:calc( 100% - 35%); font-size:50px; text-align:center; color:white; //How the Name looks// [/class] [class=Text] float:left; background-color:rgba(77,77,76,0.7); width:calc( 100% - 35%); height:300px; overflow:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; padding:10px; font-size:15px; color:white; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 10px rgba(77,77,76,0.6); //how the text looks// [/class] [Script class=Image] set addedClass 0 set fadedIn 0 //allows the script function below to work by setting variables// [/script] [Script class=Image on=click] if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass ImageFull) (removeClass ImageFull) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass BackgroundFull Background) (removeClass BackgroundFull Background) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (set addedClass 1) (set addedClass 0) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Name) (fadeOut 1000 Name) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Text) (fadeOut 1000 Text) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (set fadedIn 1) (set fadedIn 0) //makes it possible to click between the bigger and smaller sizes// [/script] [div class="Background"] [div class="Image"] [/div] [div class="Name Hide"] Jesse Ravencroft [/div] [div class="Text Hide"] As the guy he now knew as simply "Jae" spoke, Jesse couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't overly loud, nor was it rude in it's tone. He'd simply found the interaction to be entertaining, as average as it was. As Jaehwa made his exit, Jesse presented the young man with a brilliant smile that spread across his face handsomely. He then stepped up next to the batters plate, only to be assaulted by a barrage of questions and comments he'd hardly been expecting. However, the young man took it in stride and blinked rapidly in dramatic fashion as he "reeled" from her interrogation. He'd begun to gather his food, along with his ticket as he met her gaze and offered a coy and yet playful smirk to the cashier girl with the twenty questions.
"Just give me a second before you start waterboarding." Jesse teased, as he slid his money across the counter as she had done with his ticket beforehand. He was one to notice the fine details in a persons actions or gestures, and he read that message loud and clear without any need for second hand interpretation. Everyone had their own preferences when it came to space, and that was something he could respect easily. With a glance behind him, Jesse gestured to the line and quickly nodded for the person behind him to head to the next cashier without a second thought.
"Alright, so I'm from New York, thanks for askin'. I'm definitely new, although your school doesn't seem half bad. The name's Jesse, and yeah I like my hoodie too." He responded casually, as he made sure to count each answer he replied with in correlation to a lifted finger on his hand. His tone was light, and full of residual humor that seemed to truly float all about him. Jesse held a vibe that could presumably do no wrong, and he did his best to express that through his actions and words. He took a short pause, and seemed to truly look at her then. His rich brown eyes held deep mysteries within them, and they seemed to search her as though she had the answers. The moment was brief, but it was there.
"No need to apologize, but a phone number would make me feel better." Jesse finished with a slight chuckle coupled with a mildly flirtatious grin. It wasn't over the top by a long shot, in fact he made sure to present it as though it were entirely normal. But the truth of the matter, was that there was in fact a play at hand here. Whether Maisie chose to give him a further line of communication was entirely on her, Jesse would understand either way. But with a face like that, he had to at least try.

Interacting: With Jae and Maisie | Mentioned: Kipsy Kipsy Soap Soap | Located: Westbrook Auditorium
[/div] [/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith

Last edited:
Elise
ELISE.jpg

"Probably in charge because she's certainly not good enough to be the lead." Elise muttered, although it sounded as if it was supposed to just be under her breath and to herself, she also said it just loud enough that Kate would be able to hear her. "Yes, well, I am very busy helping out the students at the university. They are much better at putting on a production than a stupid little high school like this is. I'm too busy to bother with something like this, anyway."

At the mention of the college thing, Elise grew truly furious -- and how dare Kate call her an abusive mother. "Kate, don't act like you are any better than me. We're sitting here arguing over the same things, and at least if my children came out as gay, I wouldn't turn them away and make them question if I loved them." Well, to be fair, they usually questioned if she loved them, anyway. But that was beside the point, to be perfectly honest. And then something that Kate said caught Elise's attention. "I'm sorry, but did you say that Grace came over on college day? I'm afraid that she did not spend the night." Oh, Elise's face was smug.

Her mediocre acting skills, please. "Broadway was going well, but I found that I missed my children, so I decided that I should come back. Although I'm sure you wouldn't understand what it was like to miss someone." Elise replied calmly, and then reeled when she started to make fun of Ash's dating history. "Excuse me, but she has left that little bastard, thanks to your daughter, actually." And good riddance at that. What a little prick he was. Elise had never hated a teenager more than she hated whatever his name was. "And for the record, she's only had three boyfriends. Tell me, how many has Grace had?"

Soap Soap

Carter
tumblr_inline_nxx5ywjg4y1rifr4k_500.gif

Carter looked over to the dressing room, at least Ash was making some progress to get ready, Ash wasn't exactly her problem, but she still worried about her. Why did she have to care about the peppy blonde. Carter giggled a bit at Raven's sarcastic comment, of course it wasn't going to necessarily fix everything but at least she could try. She would have to find her eventually.

Carter knew that Raven had a tendency to flirt with everyone but she still caught her off guard just a bit. A sly smirk crept across her face. "Oh trust me, I know I'd make a better Kenickie." Carter walked to stand behind her in the mirror watching her attempt to do her makeup. "A little nervous are we." Carter watched Raven's elbow slip off the table, messing up her eyeliner. She was amazed by how calm she was despite the trouble she was having.

Carter raised her eyebrows as Raven asked her to do her, before she held up the eyeliner. She should of figured, but that didn't mean that Raven had to be the only one messing around. "Don't have to tell me twice." She smirked as she knelt down in front of Raven taking the eyeliner from her. "Close your eyes." Carter brushed her palm against Raven's cheek as she traced perfect wings on either eyelid.

Carter leaned back onto the balls of her feet, resting her hands on Raven's thighs before standing back up. Carter held out her hand to offer to help lift Raven back up off the seat. "You're likely going to have to save the show tonight." She smirked raising her eyebrows at the small brunette. "Are you ready?"

Soap Soap

Zach
tumblr_nb1miwS14O1rdf2yjo8_250.gif

Zach still wasn't sure how he got roped into helping backstage, he had been trying to avoid the play all together, but you could only tell Grace 'no' so many times before Sawyer was glaring you down. Who could really say no to Grace anyways, those puppy dog eyes really got to you. He was mostly wandering around backstage helping anyone who happened to ask. He had moved a few sets, and helped a few people practice lines so far.

Zach had happened to walk by the dressing room, seeing one of his favorite straight blondes come out, looking a bit disoriented. "Hey Ash." Zach walked over to her smirk spread across his face. "You okay?" He raised one of his eyebrows at her, she seemed a little more... Off than usual.

Winona Winona

Ash
Lip Than.gif

Ash just kind of glared at Zach as he walked over, asking if she was okay. "Do I look okay?" She asked, the tone of her voice a bit more harsh than she had intended, or usual, but Ash was having a rough day, and alcohol tended to make her less... sweet? Less herself. She sighed, shaking her head and trying to calm herself down before she spoke to him once more. "I'm sorry. Just really stressed out about this whole musical thing, you know?" And other things, but he didn't need to know that.

"Uhh, this is a really weird question, but would you mind kinda... like... zipping up my dress?" He was the closest person, and Ash was really uncomfortable with the whole partially unzipped situation. Without waiting for a response -- Ash was determined to get this stupid dress on -- she pulled her hair over her shoulder and turned towards him.

"So, what are you even doing back here? You're not in the play and you don't exactly seem like the kind of dude who loves the arts. Are you here to hit on the girls?" That seemed like something he would do. Sure, Ash didn't know Zach super well, but they still ran in the basic same friend group, and she knew of his reputation. Just like Ryder's reputation.

Dazzle Dazzle

--------------------------------

Jace
Neck Rub.gif

His pacing was cut short at the little drummer boy's words (okay, so the not-so-little drummer boy), and Jace stopped, looking up and blinking in surprise for a moment as his thoughts tried to catch up with what was happening. "Oh! Well, I guess as ready as I'll ever be." Jace was nervous. He was the opposite of ready, and he felt like he was about to pass out from nerves. Hell, he'd be so nervous that he hadn't even had the stomach to try one of Drake's brownies, even when Drake had sworn that they would make him feel a thousand times better. There was just no way Jace could handle the chocolate right now.

"I, ah... I've never actually... performed... for people..." He admitted nervously. Sure, there had been that one time when he was younger and his mother had tried to get him to perform for some child talent show. Yeah... Jace had missed the first few notes, which led to him panicking about how people would react, then a few boos from the audience, and then he started crying and had to be carried off the stage and ever since, he'd enjoyed his music in silence. And pushed himself to make things absolutely perfect so that he would never have to face what had happened on that fateful day.

Right. This wasn't the time to be thinking about that. "Have you... have you played... for an audience?" Although he was less stuttery around Oliver now, Jace still found himself tripping over his words a bit.

Rach Rach

---------------------------------

Drake
Cutie Pie.gif

Okay, so when he had directed whatever his face was over to Maisie, he hadn't expected them to start flirting. And for this dude to ask for Maisie's number, and for some reason, Drake felt protective of his friend. Strange. Drake had watched guys hit on Alaska a million times and ask for her number, and he'd never even blinked an eye or been bothered by it. But something about this guy and him asking Maisie for her number rubbed him the wrong way, and Drake was staring more than he would like to admit, for once actually standing still as he did so with his eyebrows crinkled together in worry.

And then a girl was coming up and asking for a brownie and a ticket, and Drake had to drag his attention away from Maisie, and looked at this new girl with a super bright smile, his eyes twinkling a bit as he looked at her. "Yes! Of course! Are you new to the school? I haven't seen you around before and I know, like, almost everybody." It wasn't an understatement. Drake loved knowing people -- it diverted attention from himself, and let him worry about other people instead of his own problems.

"I'm Drake Martin, and..." he hesitated, thinking for a moment, and then passed her the brownie in a little bag along with a ticket. "On the house. Just don't tell anyone." Drake said with a friendly laugh. Okay, so he'd probably given more things away for free today than he'd actually accepted. Woops. "Call it a welcoming gift or... something, for a very pretty girl." No, Drake wasn't typically flirty, but he had picked up a few things from Mason, and maybe he was trying to distract himself from Maisie.

Maree Maree

Zach
tumblr_nb1miwS14O1rdf2yjo8_250.gif

Zach was surprised that Ash had even asked him to zip up her dress, not that he minded of course. "Seems like a bit more than that, but we don't need to talk about it." He zipped up her dress without any funny business, or nothing that could be interpreted as more than just helping out a friend. Even if he had heard that Ash and Ryder broke up, and that Ryder had a few broken ribs, he wasn't going to risk Ryder breaking his face over talking to his girl.

Zach watched as Ash turned back around after zipping Ash the rest of the way up clasp included. "You look great." He smiled rubbing the back of his neck. "You of all people know how Grace can be, her and Sawyer convinced me to help out backstage.." He leaned in a bit to whisper to her. "Between you and me, Sawyer scares me a bit." He laughed lightly catching a waif of Ash's breath, 'yea that explains it' he thought to himself. "Ash are you sure you'll be ready for tonight..?" Zach pointed over his shoulder. "Maybe we should get you some water, and food?" He pulled out his phone to order something. "Pizza? Chicken tenders? Any preference?"

Winona Winona

Ash
Lip Than.gif

To be honest, Ash was surprised that Zach was even being nice to her, and she smiled faintly when he mentioned Sawyer and Grace. "Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm glad she has Sawyer, though. At least I know no one will hurt her." Even if Ash felt like she was usually the cause of that hurt. Ouch. Oh well, at least slightly buzzed Ash had managed to apologize to Grace without Grace realizing that the leading lady had had a little too much to drink. Oh well. Whatever.

When Zach suggested food, and figured out the whole "drinking" thing, Ash instantly felt sick to her stomach. "No, I... no, I'm fine. Seriously. I'm good. I can't... no. I don't want to like, ruin the dress, and the musical is starting soon, and it's a surprise I could even fit in this to begin with." She was laughing nervously as she spoke, starting to step away from Zach, her hands twisting together as she did so. Yeah, no, it would take a lot more than that to get Ash to eat.

What could she say? She was stubborn, and she was on a mission to make herself feel better about her body. Which just so happened to mean starving herself until Ash felt as if she looked as good as every other girl on the cheerleading team, and until she stopped trying to cover up her stomach and feel bad about herself. So even if it would've helped with the whole drinking thing, there was no way that Zach would convince her to eat. Definitely not.

Dazzle Dazzle

Grace
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f666432626f4d38614936463076673d3d2d3531393534303835382e313530376662303439303139643238613334333834343437383131372e676966

Grace shook her head and rolled her eyes. "You're not going to die." She understood why she was nervous, it was just a tad dramatic. But then again, she was an actress after-all. Raising an eyebrow disapprovingly when she'd said she don't remember the notes, though it melted into just an amused smile when she continued. Following after her, water could be a good idea at the moment. A break is what she needed. Yeah. Walking over with her to the table pouring herself a cup and handing one to June. "You'll be fine. And i know you don't want to, but there isn't anyone else to play your part." Taking a long sip of her water and her gaze turned to her mother's. She did... not look happy and that only reminded her of the kissing scene she hadn't warned her about yet. "I'm gay." She looked towards June. "So gay and my mother don't understand that." She sighed and leaned back against the table.

"Never-mind my personal problems that you hear about 24/7." Considering she lives in the same house as the two Jacksons. "Just take a breather, you'll nail it." She gave a weak smile and continued to watch her mother talk with Elise, a conversation that seemed... very intense.
Moonshadow Moonshadow

Juliette
original.gif

JJ acknowledged the blonde's thanks with an 'mmhm.' And resumed sewing. She nodded towards Sawyer, furrowing her brows and thinking about her answer for a second. It... made sense. That she always was attracted to girls. However, her question made JJ's gaze snap up to her's. Rolling her eyes when she noticed the smirk playing on her lips. "Just curious." Juliette said with a shrug, nothing more than that. Jeez. Her curious eyes glanced around and it landed on Ash in her dress. She looked... really nice. When Zach came up to them she averted her gaze and raised an eyebrow at Sawyer.

Sawyer didn't seem to be the raging homosexual she'd thought she'd be, no offense to her. But she just wasn't like... the stereotypical lesbian. Then again neither was Grace. The point was... Sawyer didn't seem like that bad of a person. Well, even if she was a stereotypical gay that didn't mean JJ was going to dislike her, it was just... the thought of girls, wait, no. Ugh. Juliette wasn't interested in thinking anymore. Forget all that. "Stop staring at me." She ordered. It took her a few more minutes, but she finished the last stitch on the jacket and went behind her holding it out for her to slip into it. Once she did. JJ stepped back and did a twirling motion with her finger for her to move, and see if it'd tear again. "Looks good. Just... don't break it or whatever." She shrugged.
Winona Winona KingofAesir KingofAesir

Maisie
tumblr_inline_ojml7j25Pa1ravrtw_250.gif

Maisie blushed. "Sorry, sorry." Smiling and a bit surprised that he didn't hand the money to her and decided to slide it across the table. A little relieved to be honest. It was something she appreciated even if he didn't know it. Wow, New York. She'd lived many places because of the multiple foster homes she'd been in. But Maisie hadn't been that far out or anywhere as significant. Although she had to admit she kind of wanted to check it out. She didn't call him out on the school thing, she was almost as new as he was. Maisie wasn't sure about the school itself. But the people weren't as bad. She looked towards her co-workers, and saw that Drake was talking to a... pretty girl. Oh. Well, that's good. Laughing softly a little impressed that he answered all her questions so easily. Staring back at him for a split-second with the same intense stare he'd had, until something, more importantly someone caught her attention. Overhearing Drake call the girl pretty, well. Yeah, she was... so it made sense. "Uh." It took her a half a second to think about it. No-one really asked her or showed interest in her before. "Y-yeah. I think that's a good way of making it up to someone." She doesn't even know if her words made actual sense or not, but she smiled and pulled out her phone to exchange contact information.

"It was... um.. really good to meet you."
Winona Winona Dethrix Dethrix

Last edited:
Belle Taylor

Mood: slightly less nervous| Interacting with: Drake |Mentions: Winona Winona

Belle's nervousness started to melt away as the boy smiled kindly at her. If everyone was like this then maybe things wouldn't be as bad as she thought. Then again what she was thinking was obviously a complete over exaggeration because she was an idiot. She really needed to stop making such big deals out of nothing. She smiled back at him a bit more confident this time. "Yeah, I just transferred. I actually start tomorrow but I heard about the play and thought I would come by" she explained. He was pretty cute, were all the guys in this school going to be so attractive?

"I'm Belle Taylor. It's nice to meet you, Drake." she was slightly caught off guard by his kindness as he gave her the items on the house. Then he called her pretty. Sure she had been called pretty before but he seemed to genuine it made a light blush rise to her cheeks. "Thank you. You're pretty handsome yourself" she complimented him, taking the bag and putting it in her handbag. He had the type of eyes that were easy to get lost in.

Belle picked up a napkin before scribbling her number on it and pressing it into his hand. "Maybe you could show me around tomorrow? So I don't get totally lost" she laughed softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. This school was quite bigger than her last one it was going to take some getting used to. Something told her she was going to get lost a lot. But maybe Drake could help her around, you got to love a guy who can cook. Or well bake.
code by Ri.a

Alaska

original.gif

She didn't want to be here, and she didn't particularly want to participate in this musical. Just because Principal Nona had mandated this as their punishment didn't mean anything, in fact Alaska would have more than likely taken the suspension over this if Sawyer hadn't practically forced her to come to practices. The role of Cha Cha meant that she had to not only dance with Mads, but also Bryan, and neither were exactly her type, plus Mads was kind of dating her new bff. She would've much preferred if they could have changed up the whole musical and made it so that she could dance with, say, Raven or Carter.

Her peeved attitude was probably easy to recognize as she headed back stage right away, ditching her brothers and mother at the front. Hell, Alaska didn't even stop to say hello to Drake, although she did notice him chatting up a girl, and then Maisie walking over. Maybe the two were actually realizing their feelings for each other. She hoped so. Drake deserved to be happy for once.

Alaska started to make her way backstage, her thoughts on being able to see Raven. The other psychotic bisexual was amazing, and the brunette seemed to consume her thoughts, especially after the gift that she'd received at lunch. While she thought about it, Alaska's fingers started messing around with the bracelet on her wrist, and a little smile came to her lips.... although it didn't last long as she turned the corner and saw Raven and Carter standing face-to-face, mere inches from one another.

Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Chase

giphy.gif

The most boring and oldest brother of the Vaughn Clan for some weird reason was some boring, uninteresting member of the cast of Grease. He was nervous or whatever about going to perform, but one of the benefits was knowing that Rae would be there to support him. There was a smile on his face as he headed in, grabbing a brownie on his way.

His eyes scanned the theater crowd, and then fell on Rae, along with Madison and Scarlet. Well, he could wait to head backstage and get ready for the musical if it meant saying hello to her. So taking in a deep breath, and a big bite of his wonderful brownie because Drake's baking is the fucking bomb, Chase made his way over.

"Hey, Rae. You made it." He said with a little grin, and then remembered that Mads and Scar were there, and looked at each of them, waving a hello before his gaze fell back on Rae.

----------------------------

Viola

tumblr_mxeb8reiC61r3k15eo3_500.gif

Viola Vaughn pushed her children to do many things, from academics to sports to their jobs, she expected her children to be well-rounded individuals. The one thing she did not push them to do was this frivolous play. While a night out at the theater was fun on occasion, theater was entirely pointless and something she would be ashamed of her children pursuing. Her children would be successful and happy, everything she'd given them the opportunity to be. A career in theater would lead to nothing but a lifetime of sadness. Just look at Elise.

Though she was less than pleased that her children were missing hockey practice and time spent studying to be here, she was still attending to support them and keep up social expectations. What would people think if she didn't come on opening night to see her kids? She might've been hard on her kids, but she wasn't a heartless bitch like some people. Speaking of, she spotted a familiar head of red hair close to the front and decided she couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit beside the most prestigious (and bitchiest) moms in Westbrook.

"Who are we talking about?" She only half joked as she sat down beside Kate, knowing full well that 90% of their conversations revolved around insulting each other or someone else. The only way to build yourself up was to tear others down after all.​

Last edited:
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes orange is a named color in this code// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Background] background:url(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xKYdDoOdGNY/WLwahZXVeYI/AAAAAAAAuNw/w3Qr5iFNJJ0io0v-6wrP5aKHabMEm4CqACK4B/s1600/flat_mountains_landscape_by_ggiuliafilippini-d8zdbco.jpg); position:relative; padding:0px; height:0px; width:0px; transition: width 3s, height 3s; // This is the background image as well as the backgrounds beginning size// [/class] [class=BackgroundFull] height:461px; width:99%; transition: width 1s, height 1s; //the back ground at its full size// [/class] [class=Hide] display: none; //hides what needs to be hidden// [/class] [class=Image] float:left; margin-right:20px; border:2px SOLID White; line-height:0; width:200px; height:200px; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/94/51/1994514434ddd9c86b873eccb8cb4afb.jpg); background-position: 20% 5%; cursor:pointer; transition: width 3s, border-radius 3s, height 3s; //border around image and its starting size// [/class] [class=ImageFull] width:276px; height:461px; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; background-position: 20% 5%; transition: width 3s , border-radius 3s, height 3s; //the image's full size// [/class] [class=Name] float:left; width:calc( 100% - 35%); font-size:50px; text-align:center; color:white; //How the Name looks// [/class] [class=Text] float:left; background-color:rgba(77,77,76,0.7); width:calc( 100% - 35%); height:300px; overflow:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; padding:10px; font-size:15px; color:white; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 10px rgba(77,77,76,0.6); //how the text looks// [/class] [Script class=Image] set addedClass 0 set fadedIn 0 //allows the script function below to work by setting variables// [/script] [Script class=Image on=click] if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass ImageFull) (removeClass ImageFull) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass BackgroundFull Background) (removeClass BackgroundFull Background) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (set addedClass 1) (set addedClass 0) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Name) (fadeOut 1000 Name) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Text) (fadeOut 1000 Text) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (set fadedIn 1) (set fadedIn 0) //makes it possible to click between the bigger and smaller sizes// [/script] [div class="Background"] [div class="Image"] [/div] [div class="Name Hide"] Jesse Ravencroft [/div] [div class="Text Hide"] Jesse nodded at her, and whipped out his phone as he paused to look between Maisie and Drake. He chose not to make a comment, but took note of where her interests seemed to ultimately lie and continued on to find his contacts. While he was at it, Jesse decided to simply post an innocent tweet. Not many people from the school followed him here, but strangely enough he got a reply from an individual he hadn't quite recognized. A conversation occurred briefly within the span of a few screen taps, but within that same instance the entire situation seemed to have flipped on him. Jesse's eyebrows raised in confusion, before he eventually swiped out of the app and opened up his contacts list. As she listed to him her information, he rattled off his own digits until they both equally had each other squared away in their devices. Once that was done, he pocketed his phone and flashed his brilliant smile once more in her direction.
"And you as well. Call me if you ever need somethin' or just wanna hang out." He offered simply, before he nodded and slipped away from the concession stands with relative ease. He'd stuffed a majority of the baked goods into the oversized pocket found on his hoodie, but even then he still had to carry a few with his good hand. Once he was fully situated, Jesse made his way into the Auditorium and took a brief look around to find the proper seating. Unfortunately, like most of his experience in this new town, he'd found himself alone. He had half a mind to go find those kids he'd been tweeting with, and try to at least make amends for the miscommunication. After all, they were definitely Westbrook kids. But he had a one in a-million chance of finding them here, and that's only if they'd even decided to come to the show. So instead, he gazed out at the gathered crowds for the next best thing; Jae.
It didn't take long to find him. Soon Jesse was only a few rows away from the kid who'd stood in front of him just earlier. The spaces around him were empty, and while he they could've been saved, Jesse took a chance on the prospect that perhaps Jae wanted company. Just maybe, this teenager had found himself in a similar predicament, without anyone to really socialize or relate to at such an event.
"Hey, is that seat taken?" Jesse asked simply, as he stopped at the mostly empty row on which Jae sat at. As he spoke, he retrieved his phone once more and simply scrolled around his feed in an attempt to not look as... Desperate as he felt. It was strange being left out. Not knowing anyone in an environment such as high school? A world built on the premise of status and who knows who? Even to him, it was morbid.

Interacting: With Maisie and Jaehwa | Mentioned: Kipsy Kipsy Soap Soap | Located: Westbrook Auditorium
[/div] [/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith

Raven
tumblr_plutffsnEj1qgbcj3o1_250.gif

Raven grinned and gave a small nod at her statement. Better Kenickie? True. Mason wasn't that bad as she originally thought, but sharing the role with Carter would probably make it a little funner. Catching her eyes in the mirror and sighed. Yes, she was nervous but about other things that she didn't feel like talking about at the moment. Glad enough that Carter was willing to do the eyeliner that Raven couldn't. She's usually a literal pro at this stuff. But the things on her mind just have her a little on edge. Raising an eyebrow at the view of Carter kneeling down in front of her. Following the redhead's direction and closing her eyes. They were... rather close to each-other. And Raven wasn't exactly the type of person to hate it.

Eying her hands while she used her to balance as she stood up, and Raven glancing in the mirror for a second. "Hm. Not too bad, Wendy." She didn't know about saving the show, but oh man, was Raven ready to wow the audience. She had this in the bag. "Oh, please. I'm more than ready." She smiled and took her hand when offered, pulling her up, not noticing her bag that she dropped near the seat and almost tripping over it, but steadying herself on Carter's shoulders so now they were face-to-face but mere inches from the other. Raven's smile faded as she glanced at her lips for a split second and back at her green eyes. It wasn't her fault Carter was being seductive on purpose. And the bag just so happened to be there that made them wind up in this situation. But... for the first time Raven froze and she didn't make the first move.

Did she really want to kiss Carter?

Dazzle Dazzle
Maisie

Maisie couldn't help but smile at Jesse, she gave him a small nod. "Yeah.. will do." He was interesting to say the least, and not someone Maisie would turn away. Taking the money and putting it in it's intended little box they used as their 'cash' register, but glancing towards the pretty girl again and Drake. And it bothered her for some reason. No, she wasn't jealous. Her and Drake were just friends, it wasn't like he'd be interested in her anyway... clearing her throat and walking up to them for some... odd reason she didn't even know why she was doing it. But she overheard her asking if she wanted to be shown around. "Hiya, I'm Maisie." She introduced herself.

"I could... show you around tomorrow if you'd like." She was just asking because... she wanted more friends. Yeah. That's it. Friends.
Winona Winona Maree Maree

Jaehwa

Mood: Awkward | Interacting with: Jesse | Mentions: Dethrix Dethrix

Things were silent for a while and Jae busied himself by fidgeting with the strings of his hoodie. He knew the performance was about to start soon, but he couldn’t bring it in him to look up and watch the stage. Besides, the lights hadn’t even dimmed yet, so what was the point?

Jae would never admit to his heart jumping a little when someone spoke up next to him. He hadn’t noticed anyone approaching, which wasn’t unusual, but that had freaked him out. The tips of his ears tinted red but, being used to acting, he kept a calm exterior.

“No, it’s not,” he replied, his voice surprisingly level for having been startled just moments ago.

Although the other was already scrolling through his phone, Jae didn’t want to let this conversation die off. He’d finally started talking to someone after such a long period of time without it feeling like a chore. He lowered his hands from his hoodie strings and glanced over nervously.

“What’s your name?” God, that was such an awkward thing to ask. Jae felt like he should’ve known it, but he didn’t and that sucked. Feeling he could make a joke out of it, he retrieved his own phone and tapped open the Notes. “I’ll have to write it down because I’m terrible with names.”
code by Ri.a

Drake
Cutie Pie.gif

In his many years of life, Drake had actually never had a girl give him her number -- or, well, he had, but this felt almost like a flirt or something, but Drake really wasn't sure. His cheeks were bright red, and for once, he was almost at a loss for words. Belle Taylor? Wow, what a name. It almost sounded like some kind of actress or... something. It was very fitting for the pretty girl in front of him, and he smiled as he took her number, glancing down at the paper.

Before he could say that of course he would help her out and show her around, Maisie was coming up and butting in. To be honest, Drake was a little irritated. He hadn't gone up and ruined her conversation with Mr. I'm-So-Great or whatever the heck his name was, but Drake wasn't going to ask her about it with Belle right here.

"Hey, Maisie, this is Belle." He said with a grin to Maisie, then looked back at Belle. "Maisie's just one of my friends. We went trick-or-treating together because apparently we both like candy more than parties." Drake laughed, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, and then ran a hand through his hair. "Anyway, yeah, I'll text you later. Maybe we can meet up this weekend and I can show you the best places to hangout? And then I can totally show you around Monday."

Maree Maree Soap Soap

Belle Taylor

Mood: Happy| Interacting with: Drake, Maisie |Mentions: Winona Winona Soap Soap

Belle was kinda disappointed when a girl interjected into her conversation with Drake. But then again she was going to need friends. It would be rude not to introduce herself now that she joined the conversation. She was kinda pretty. Was she bi? she couldn't tell. Homosexuality was one of the few sins she partook in. Besides, it's not as bad when you are only half gay, right? Then Dlake introduced Masie to belle for her and added some things about trick or treating. He looked even cuter when he was blushing. "Hey" she added, waving a little

"That does sound pretty fun. I would choose candy over parties as well. Although I have never been trick or treating before" she admitted, chewing her bottom lip. She had never been allowed because her mother said it was the devils birthday and celebrating Halloween was a sin. Getting candy from strangers couldn't be that bad though and it sounded fun. Too bad Halloween was like forever away now.

When Drake offered to show her around town on the weekend her blush darkened slightly. "It's a date then," she said, smiling up at him. But now there was the problem of they had both offered to show her around on Monday. It would be rude to say no when they had both offered so kindly. "You could both show me around on Monday. The more the merrier as I kind of need friends at the moment" she joked, fiddling with the ring on her finger.

code by Ri.a

Maisie

She ignored most of their conversation back and forth until tuning in towards the last of it. “You should go trick or tricking. Real fun.” Maisie didn’t sound happy at all, she was more... droopy. Giving a weak smile to Belle, oh. It was a date. Cool. Good for them. “Sure. Let’s hope I’m not busy Monday, but hey. Why doesn’t Drake just show you around instead? I’m sure it’ll be fine.” She looked behind her, and thankfully a customer needed assistance. “Cool. Imma just... go take care of that.” Maisie gave a small wave and smiled at the woman.

“What can i get you?” Ignoring Drake and Belle seemed to be a good idea right now, considering that weird feeling she kept having everytime she thought about them together. Feelings were stupid. Maisie wasn’t in a good mood whatsoever, sliding over the brownie. Taking the money and putting it in the stupid box again, she’s not sure why she’s so upset exactly. But she was already regretting helping Drake and Aaron with this whole thing.

Winona Winona Maree Maree

Kate
sigh.gif

Well, at this point Kate was just tired of it all. She wasn’t an abusive mother, Grace just needed to understand the way things were supposed to go. Her being gay wasn’t one of them, and the sooner she realized that the sooner everything will work out for her the way it’s supposed to. No pregnancy rumors, well, there might be. But Grace wouldn’t be stupid enough to get pregnant. Even if Elise’s daughter might be. Kate raised a brow at Elise’s words, if Grace didn’t spend the night at Ash’s... where did she? Looking around to spot June and Grace near the refreshments and sending a glare Grace’s way. If she lied, which she never did. Ever.

Kate will find out about it. She’d made it her mission. David at this point was on his phone attempting to ignore all of this, while Kate opened her mouth to spit out a reply at Elise when Viola walked up. She wasn’t a huge fan, no, but she was considerably more likeable than the redhead next to her. Kate shut the conversation down before Elise had a chance to talk about her daughter some-more. “Just the play.” She smiled, and David sat up, offering his seat to her and moving to the next one. “You can all sit together if you’d like.”

Reaching out a hand to Viola. “I’m David, Kate’s boyfriend. Pleasure.” He smiled before settling in his seat. Hoping that this conversation didn’t escalate further or else he was honestly considering jumping off a building.

Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a

Sawyer
tumblr_mw4jf9F1Ir1rg0lw8o1_500.gif

Even if she thought there was more to it than just being curious, Sawyer didn't push the matter any further. She was sure JJ wouldn't appreciate it. The smirk remained on her face despite the unsatisfying answer she'd received. No one asked that kind of question just out of curiosity no matter how much they might want it to be that. Sawyer found herself growing a little curious as she watched the dark headed girl in front of her. Brown eyes shined with amusement under slightly creased eyebrows, who would've thought? JJ. Huh. Sawyer threw her hands up in the air in a defensive motion when JJ told her to stop staring.

"Woah, yes ma'am." Sawyer averted her eyes from JJ in favor of someone walking around in the distance. She was pretty sure that was Erin and Ash's understudy looked particularly different today. The girl was walking around hanging off of Alex like he was...well like he was straight. A painfully high pitched giggle pierced the air and that was the end of that curiosity.

"Is she high?" Sawyer asked more to herself than to JJ as she watched Erin make a fool of herself. What the hell was happening over there? She shook her head and decided to ignore it when JJ came to put her jacket on for her. Sawyer moved like JJ asked her to and rolled her shoulders up to make sure that it didn't rip when she moved. When it didn't she nodded her head at JJ with a smile.

"Thanks." Sawyer popped the collar with a laugh, "Promise I won't mess it up again." She started to walk off to investigate whatever was up with Erin, but turned around a few steps in, "If you ever want to tell me why you actually asked that...well I'm not that hard to find." With a wink and a spin Sawyer was off to interrogate Erin.

Soap Soap

Oliver
7525aa681b37956b167776d83bb6c22e.gif

Oliver had seen plenty of his daughters plays in the past two years, but this was quite a different occasion. As far as he had been told it was supposed to be a punishment from the Principal to get the kids to work together and stop getting rough with each other. Oliver was fairly certain that it hadn't worked very well. He knew Sawyer typically solved things with her fists, but it was almost always in the defense of someone else. So he was rather proud of her loyalty even if he didn't really like the way she showed it. Oliver was certain that the play would be fine. If he knew anything about his daughters girlfriend it was that she was a bit of a perfectionist and he doubted she would leave anything unaccounted for.

"One ticket please, oh, brownies. I'll take one of those two please and thanks." Oliver smiled at the kids attending to the ticket sales, a smile that was almost completely identical to a particularly familiar blondes smile. As he shuffled into the theater Oliver scanned the crowd for somewhere t ok sit. When he spotted a red head that he was fairly certain was David Abrams. Oliver and spoken with the other man once or twice and he figured it would be alright to sit with him.

"How you doing, David." Oliver smiled as he sat down next to the man and leaned forward to greet the women with him. He recognized Grace's mother and Elise, but the other woman was unfamiliar to him.

"Elise, Kate." He turned his attention to the dark headed woman, who he found to be rather attractive if he was to be so bold, "I'm Oliver Andrews, Sawyer's father. Nice to meet you." He reached around the others to offer his hand, smile as bright as ever.

Soap Soap Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a

Drake
Cutie Pie.gif

"Oh! A... date, awesome." His cheeks were burning impossibly bright, and it occurred to Drake that he'd never actually been on a real date before. Sure, he'd tried a couple times, but just a brief glance into Drake's dating past showed that his dates generally ended one of two days: Punching, or Mason. Yeah. His stupid older brother had quite the habit of stealing his girls, and Drake had a habit of being dragged along on dates just to make an ex-boyfriend jealous. Which usually ended with punching.

He was both excited, and also felt horrible for having this discussion in front of Maisie. And when she walked off, Drake felt even worse, although he couldn't quite figure out why. They were just friends -- wasn't he allowed to date who he wanted without worrying about offending Maisie? "Uh, Belle, you should go enjoy the musical. I'll see you later." He said, trying to keep that dazzling smile planted on his face before he nervously tapped the table with his fingers.

Once Belle had departed, Drake slid his way over to Maisie, smiling at the customer she was helping and waiting until they were gone before he leaned very awkwardly against the table. His head tilted to the side as he looked at Maisie. "So, who was that dude you were talking to? The one that looked like a wannabe punk?" No, Drake hadn't even talked to the guy, but he had a bad feeling about him. He reminded Drake of Mason, and that was not good enough for Maisie.

Soap Soap Maree Maree

--------------------------------------

Elise
ELISE.jpg

Letting Kate know that her precious little Grace had lied was a small triumph for Elise, but her smug expression only lasted for so long before Viola made her way over. She was unable to keep the look of disgust off her face at the mother of the Vaughns. Gosh, how Elise hated all of those kids. They were so out of control, constantly solving things with their fists. Elise had looked at them for a while from afar, disgusted but glad that her children stayed away from them. Until Ash had mentioned being friends with Ryder, and then that had evolved into their horrible, but short-lived relationship. One that she must note Steve was equally displeased with.

"Oh, hello, Viola." Well, Elise wasn't going to miss out on this opportunity to kick down her stupid children. "We were just discussing how wonderful it was that Ash smartened up and dumped that dumb bastard son of yours." Okay, maybe she was being a bit too harsh, but really. Ryder? What had her daughter been thinking?

And then Oliver was walking over. He was friendly enough, but at the same time, someone that Elise didn't particularly like. Although... it was lovely to think that he was the father of Sawyer, of Grace's girlfriend, of the little thing that Kate still insisted was "just a faze." It was hilarious to Elise, and this had to be amazing. "Oliver, what a pleasure to see you. I cannot wait to see Sawyer out there on that stage." She said with a smile towards Daddy Andrews.

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir a z u l a a z u l a

Casper Ollila

Casper bounced along as he and Stu approached the stage, rambling on about art or artists or… something related to art. He fought the urge to eat his chicken nuggets right now, but remembered he was saving them- maybe he’d even let Aaron have a couple. He cut off as they approached where Stu would be playing, catching sight of the pair already there, most notably Jace.

Casper didn’t quite understand just what had happened between Jace and Stu, but he knew that something had, and that the two were no longer friends. The thought made Casper kind of sad, honestly- He couldn’t imagine losing one of his few friends.

He forced a smile on his face anyways, waving to Jace and the one he didn’t recognize. He didn’t bother introducing himself- what if he did know this guy, and he just didn’t remember? That would be super embarrassing!

~`*`~​

Aaron Ollila

To be honest, Aaron wished he didn’t have to sit and sell brownies tonight. He just wanted to be home. But apparently Casper was doing something tonight, and Aaron had already committed to this anyways, so he might as well reap the benefits. And Maisie and Drake weren’t the worst company one could have, so really, he didn’t mind too much.

Of course, then Maisie started asking questions. Questions Aaron had to answer. At least her questions weren’t difficult.

“No, he’s acting… very weird.” He trailed off, thinking on it. He’d been acting weird today, yeah, but Aaron hadn’t known him very long. Maybe he was just… like this sometimes? If so, Aaron wasn’t sure how no one had figured out his happiness was fake yet, and he would be… pretty annoyed, he guessed, by how easily he’d seemed to have hidden his true feelings at first.

Then she asked her second question, and Aaron rolled his eyes. “Yes,” he said flatly, “I told him all about how we robbed his best friend. Because that would be intelligent.” He turned away from the nothing in front of him to look at her. “Give me some credit, okay? I’m not an idiot.”

The pair approached Drake and that girl he’d seen at the party, and Aaron couldn’t help but be bored by most of it, though one comment stood out- Meds. Drake was on meds. It made sense, he supposed, though he hadn’t thought about it earlier. Stupid.

He watched the girl disappear, not turning to Drake until after Maisie had replied. “I’m more excited to spend time with you two.” He debated asking about the meds comment now, but he was still talking, and then people were approaching in rapid succession. Drake knew all of them, which just went to show he really did have a lot of friends, didn’t he? The idea that he was able to hide how he felt from all these people was… a bit inspiring, really.

And then he got a head gesture. He looked at this person- not the first to approach the table that Aaron hadn’t recognized- and his mouth slanted. He didn’t want to deal with people at all. They were not his forte. Thankfully, Maisie quickly picked up the slack, though. And then she was asking him questions. Was it really that important where he was from? It seemed like a dumb question- it was probably here, right?

And then she kept talking to him. By god, would he have to do that? No thank you. He let himself zone out for a second, but when he came back, there was another person at their table.

Were these people having actual conversations? He had been told they were just selling things. Was he supposed to talk to people, too? No thank you, no thank you at all. He was tempted to immediately dip out… but what if just helping make the special brownies wasn’t enough to cash in on the profit? He sighed.

Whatever.

He sat down behind the table, propping himself up with an elbow as he watched everyone talk. Thankfully, that guy left pretty soon, but Drake then introduced Maisie to… whatever her name was. Aaron refused to even try to remember it.

Then Drake made plans to do something this weekend. Aaron bit his cheek. Whatever. He didn’t care. It was all whatever.

It was all so whatever, in fact, Aaron decided now was the time to ask his question. Of course, then she was leaving. He slouched a bit more. He fucking hated this, even more when he had to hear these two be… what even was this? Jealousy? Childish.

So when he asked his question to Maisie, Aaron decided to ask one in turn.

“Hey, Drake,” he started, sitting up a bit,voice still even, “What did that chick from earlier mean about you and meds?”

76BE452A-E64F-415E-BE3D-183B2140B1F0.gif
June
June followed Grace and said thank you as she gingerly grabbed the cup. She took in a gulp of water and sighed when Grace mentioned how she really couldn’t back out of this. “Totally noted.” She mumbled as she took another sip then saw Grace look off. Her eyes raised and followed seeing Grace’s mother. Then feeling bad once more. Of course she’s been hearing all the troubles between her mother and her homosexuality. Although, she found it disheartening that her mother refused to be by her side.

“I feel like she’ll understand it eventually. It’s just crazy to stand there and hear your baby revel that she loves girls when you thought you knew everything about them. But, she’ll get there.” She said reassuringly to Grace. I hope she does anyways. Imagine if I told my parents about Raven and Mason. She thought briefly before raising her cup and pausing. Wait. They don’t know about Mason. Fear struck her for a moment, but she remembered the kind of person Mason was. He probably wouldn’t even open up the chance to talk to anyone. Maybe it’ll be okay. “But, were you the one who invited David to come?” She mumbled to her. “Maybe that’s why I’m nervous...”

Soap Soap

Scarlet
scarhappycry.gif

Scarlet looked from Rae to Mads, smiling and both and holding back a small laugh at Madison's answer. Still, he never failed to be adorable. When he slung his arm around her shoulders, she found that they had grown a habit where she would immediately start playing his fingers. And she did just that before looking over to Rae. She felt a little funny, showing affection with his sister next to them. It was purely innocent affection, but it was still new to her. Despite that, she continued the conversation like normal. "It's definitely one of the best parts, that's for sure," She mused with a grin. Scar turned her head to look at the girl's blonde brother and gave his side a playful jab of her elbow. "I won't make fun of you, but I can't say that I'll forget." A soft laugh fell from her lips before taking a sip of her cocoa. There was a funny taste in her mouth, but she didn't say anything; did they use rye flour for these brownies? They sure didn't taste like any recipe she had tried before.

"So how do you guys like Westbrook? In comparison to where you lived before?" For her, it was debatably better. She missed her grandmother farm nestled between two valleys, no paved road in sight, and a small brook skating down the middle until meeting a river and then a large lake. It had been so peaceful, but Scarlet had felt so isolated and so alone. Maybe one day, with someone she liked enough, she would grow old in a place like that. But, for now, Westbrook was definitely more social, just with a lot more chaos. So far, she didn't mind it. She blinked in surprise before giving a small wave when Chase appeared, and glanced to Rae knowingly. You had to be dumb to not see that they were infatuated with each other. Her hazel eyes shifted back to Mads with an amused twinkle.

Dazzle Dazzle

Oliver
olismilil.gif

Oh yeah, his new friend was certainly nervous. Oliver was too, in all honesty, but he was good at playing it off - always the jokester. "Eh, those aren't people out there. They're just kids and parents with sticks up their asses." He pulled out his drum sticks from where they poked out of one of his back pockets and pointed one at Jace. "You, on the other hand, are a guitar-playing god gracing them with your musical skills," He winked with a smile before rounding on the kit and placing his skateboard against the wall. Taking a seat, Oliver tapped one of the sticks lightly against the snare before turning his light brown eyes back onto Jace.

"Yeah, when I was in Seattle, filling in for a band's drummer here and there. I worked at a music shop and taught drum lessons, so." He gave a small shrug. He never joined or started his own band, for fear of an inevitable breakup. Vienna had always said he should at least try, but by the time he had enough courage, she was gone and so was his motivation. "All that energy," Oliver shook out his arms to emphasize the nervous jitters that seemed to be suffocating Jace, "needs to go into your instrument. You'd be surprised by the results." As if to demonstrate, he gave a quick freestyle roll through each piece of the kit, projecting the nervousness, and some enthusiasm, he was feeling into each hit. The rhythm had been catchy and crisp. Clearing his throat, he fixed a grin on the boy on the other side of his kit. "I know you'll do great."

A pair, one he recognized as Stu and the other he didn't recognize so well, approached the two. He offered a small smile and gave a wave with drum stick in his palm. "Hey peeps." Pausing a moment, Oliver tilted his head to the side and looked to the boy he didn't know. "I don't think we've met before. At least, I'm pretty sure we haven't. I'm Oliver." If they did, he would feel bad but it surely wouldn't plague his conscious. He was graduating this year, anyway. The odds of him seeing anyone after that would probably be nil. Right?

Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Dede Dede

Last edited:
Viola

tenor.gif

"Thank you, David." The brunette smiled, glad to see that Kate had at least trained this one to have manners. "You're a very lucky man to be with Kate, you could've ended up with an old hag like Elise." She laughed, smiling fakely at Elise as she did. Now she understood why her children were always getting in trouble for punching people, nothing would be more satisfying than to slap the smirk off of Elise's annoying face. While Viola could agree that her son often made stupid decisions, that didn't mean Elise had the right to call him a bastard.

Before she could decide whether getting kicked out of the play was worth it, a rather handsome red-headed man came over to greet the group. Since she'd divorced Vince she had done a little casual dating, but she was much too busy to try and start a new relationship. Besides, her rambunctious children scared most people away, but there was no harm in flirting.

"Viola Vaughn, it's a pleasure to meet you. Doesn't your daughter play hockey with mine?" Truthfully, Viola didn't really pay attention to anyone but her kids out on the ice, but she did notice who the really good players were, she needed someone to compare her children to after all. She was fairly certain Alaska was friends with the Andrews girl, though there were always so many children at her house she couldn't keep track of who they were.

KingofAesir KingofAesir Winona Winona Soap Soap

Vincent

tumblr_lu36te9ysN1qbh42mo2_500.gif

While Vincent was usually too busy at the hospital to be able to fly out and visit his children, when Chase had called him to let him know about the play there was no way he was going to miss it. All three of his children had been cast and since it was Chase's senior year it was probably one of the last times they'd all be together. Unfortunately, Ryder's impulsive nature had gotten him removed from the play for multiple injuries, but that just meant he could sit with his son while he watched his other children.

The only downside was that he'd have to see Viola again, the two barely acknowledged each others existence since he'd moved out of the state and the only reason they had any contact was because of the kids. Despite how bitchy she could be, he missed his ex-wife and the family they'd had. He'd been foolish when he'd accepted the job in New York, thinking he'd be able to keep his family happy back in Maine while working so far away. Viola had every right to divorce him, but he regretted it every day. There was no point coming home and begging her to take him back, so he threw himself into his work and waited until his children were old enough to be able to chose where they wanted to live. If Alaska decided to attend NYU next year he would at least have one of his kids nearby, and he could try to make up for lost time.

Within moments of entering the auditorium he spotted several people he knew, including Viola. It was strange to be back in Westbrook, he'd known so many people here and since he'd been gone he hadn't talked to a single person. He had a whole new life in New York, it was odd to be back in the life he'd abandoned. The auditorium was filling up quickly so he took the first empty seat he found, placing his coat on the chair beside his to reserve it for his son. He spotted Chase talking to his friends and decided he could go say hi later, pulling out his phone to text Ryder that he had a seat waiting for him.

@myself???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back