• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Grace
tumblr_inline_pkak7u80rk1t9ndkh_1280.gif

The disappointment was clear on Sawyer’s face it wasn’t like she can tell her now, so... giving her a weak smile. “Yeah... okay. I’ll see you later.” Grace pulled up her phone to distract herself from the gulit she was feeling. A total disaster was happening online, but she couldn’t care about that at the moment. Everything was just spiraling out of control, she upset Sawyer, she lost the ring, her mother is just... her mother. Grace just needed someone to talk to that wasn’t Sawyer, she loved her but... sometimes you just need your best friend. Sending a quick message to Ash, only to get turned down moments later.

Right. It was fine. Ash is usually busy anyway, so... why would she be here now? Feeling even worse and realizing Sawyer probably felt the same rejection but only ten times worse. Okay, no, forget literally everything she thought, this was too stupid. Ring or not. “I’m gonna go fix things. Or... try to.” With a small smile in his direction she went after Sawyer.

It wasn’t long until she caught up with her, “... you know you’re going the wrong way. Right?” Grace reached out and grabbed her gently by the arm and tugging her closer so she can face her. “Good news. David has some army thing with buddies, so... maybe we can do that dinner, hmm?” Another lie. Great. This one wasn’t so bad though, hm. Maybe she was improving?

“I’m sorry if it seemed like I didn’t want to meet your aunt. You have great taste in people, so I’m sure she’s amazing.” Who cares if her aunt thought she was extremely weird because she’s wearing gloves, she’ll be like that one guy around school... Jace. Not Ash’s Jace. The other one. “Besides, she’s related to the best girl I know. How couldn’t she be?” There, some truth can be thrown in too to make up for today. She leaned closer and placed a quick kiss on her lips.

My best girl.”

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree

Sawyer

Apparently Grace wasn't going to just let her walk off in the wrong direction. Sawyer was honestly kind of glad that she didn't. She really didnt feel like being all mopey all day. There was still concern creeping up on the edges of her thoughts but she was trying really hard not to let it get to her.

"Yes, I know. I didnt want to be a weirdo and turn around again." She probably should've done it anyway, she had no idea what she planned on doing after walking away. But now she didn't have to worry about that because here was Grace apologizing for something that wasn't even the reason Sawyer was disappointed. She knew that Grace would never just not want to meet her family. That wasn't even a concern at all. She just hated that she felt like Grace was lying to her. Maybe she should just let it go, but it was nagging at her.

"Hey, no, it's alright." Sawyer smiled at Grace's words. How could she be worried about anything else when she said things like that. "Mhh, okay, okay." Sawyer pulled away from the kiss and nodded resolutely, "I'm fine. Let's go back I would like to talk to Theo without being all weird." She took Grace's hand, which felt super weird with the stupid glove on it, and pulled her back over to where Theo was.

"Okay, hi, not leaving. Sorry if I was being weird before." This time her smile was completely real as she pushed all thoughts of concern to the back of her mind, "I'm way cooler than whatever that was."

Soap Soap Maree Maree

Theodore Presley

Mood:Happy| Interacting with: Grace, Sawyer |Mentions: Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Theo felt awkward, extremely awkward. Like he shouldn't have been present for the conversation that was going on between sawyer and Grace. God he really needed to help that girl find her promise ring. He wasn't sure why Grace was going out of her way to hide that she had lost it. If it was him he would have understood. But hey he wasn't one to judge he wasn't even in a relationship. Then Sawyer started to walk away looking kind of bummed. So Theo did what any good friend would do and made shooing motions to Grace.

Then she walked after her girlfriend and he was left alone once again. Was he supposed to wait and see if they came back? Well, he wouldn't want to walk off and then have them come back expecting to find him only for him to be gone! But what if they didn't come back? How long should you wait for someone to come back? Maybe like ten, twenty minutes. Oh boy, that would be a lot of waiting. Especially if they didn't come back. It would probably be a good idea to play on his phone. Just so he didn't look like a weirdo. So he pulled out his phone and began to play a little game on it.

Theo almost jumped at the sound of Sawyers' voice. OH HEY, THEY CAME BACK. That made him happy. He was hoping that they would come back. Even though she just made him lose the level of his game but he could forgive that. "Contrary to popular belief I am not always this cool. It's no problemo really" he beamed, tucking his phone away. "So are you ready for all of the embarrassing childhood Grace stories?" he smirked, knowing that Grace was going to looooove this conversation. Making her embarrassed in front of her new girlfriend was his job.
code by Ri.a

7B1EF42F-6298-4DA6-9B64-4CA7140974DB.gif
The moment Kanen had snapped at her, he had regretted it. His own conscious screamed like a banshee in his head. This was wrong. This was all so fucking wrong. Everything about this whole situation was fucked, from beginning to end. How many times would this conversation have to play out before things changed? Kanen’s face burned like he’d been slapped by reality. It was time to stop all this shit. He didn’t know how he would walk out of this mess, but he would get out from the pit he’d thrown himself in, even if he had to claw his way out, crawling on bloodied hands and knees. No more of any of it, not for his own sake, but for Ash’s. The look on her face...Kanen never, never wanted to see her like that again. Never.

Kanen didn’t say anything as Ash talked. He couldn’t just apologize for snapping at her. He couldn’t just apologize for the shit he had done. That was empty. What’d it mean, really? It didn’t change a thing. Kanen could spend the rest of his life telling everyone he was sorry, but it wouldn’t mean jack shit unless he fucking did something about it.

Kanen didn’t see Ash do it, but he heard the splashes, his gun and magazine dropping down into the Atlantic Ocean. Then came the rhythmic footsteps as Ash walked away, heading back down the pier. Kanen just sat there, looking at the track marks on his arms. She had already done half of the job, now it was his turn. If he really wanted to change, Kanen would have to give something up himself. He waited until he couldn’t hear her footsteps anymore before his stood up, slowly moving to his car. The trunk popped open, and out came Kanen’s black duffel. ‘His contraband bag’ as he liked to call it. Stocked with all sorts of addictions vices. One bag held Kanen’s whole personality. After all, he’d been reduced to nothing more than shell, given life by his drugs and alcohol.

He held the bag tightly in his hands. His knuckles were white while he strode down to the far end of the pier where the water would be deepest. While he knew that he needed to stop this all, Kanen struggled with the idea of giving it up. The alcohol withdrawals had been dreadful the first time. What would happen when Kanen just up and quit everything. He knew he was going to step into a living hell for the next week, but, what else was there to do?

A wide swung arc. Opened palms. The black bag went hurdling out over the water...Splash. Just like that the bag was gone, sinking down the to muddy sea-floor

Kanen would be lying if he said he didn’t regret throwing it all away. He had been craving a hit before he’d even met with Ash, and now after the stress of it all, his mind begged for some sort of kick. But what’s done is done.

Kanen hurried back to his car, tossing his coat into the backseat and scrambling into the vehicle. The engine started with a purr, rolling forward as Kanen popped it into first gear and let off the clutch. Catching up to Ash wasn’t difficult. Kanen knew the route she’d be taking back to the school.

“Will you let me give you a ride back?” Kanen asked after rolling down his window, trying his best not to sound like he was demanding her to get in the car. It had gotten hard for him to sound sincere, even when he was...

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Ash
Very Sad Girl.gif

She pulled her phone out while she walked, looking at the last few messages between her and Grace. Yep. Ash definitely should've gone to hangout with her best friend instead of come here to meet up with a drug dealer or whatever Kanen even was anymore. She felt stupid for even being on his side anymore, or for ever trying. After all, it seemed like every time Ash tried to encourage him to be better, or tried to help, or anything, he just went off the deep end over and over again. It was literally pure insanity to even be trying to help him anymore, so why wouldn't she just give up?

It wasn't long before he pulled up alongside her, and Ash glanced towards the car, rolling her eyes. She considered it for a moment, and finally decided that even a ride with Kanen was better than walking in the cold November air. "Fine, but don't think this makes me any less mad at you." Ash warned, as she walked over and got in the car.

Well, it didn't make her any less mad, but it was also maybe kind of nice that he'd changed his selfish mood long enough to come and pick her up, or whatever. If that's even what had happened.

High5ives High5ives

AB7C7195-7304-4870-9330-B220B77C3198.gif
Kanen was relieved when Ash decided to get into the car. She couldn’t be that mad at him then, right? She was at least still willing to ride in a car with him, granted the ride was short and November in Maine wasn’t too pleasant. Still, Kanen thought it was a good sign. She could’ve just as easily said ‘No’ and she would’ve made it back to the school just fine.

Kanen didn’t say anything on the ride. It’s not like like there was anything to say. Besides, he didn’t want to say anything else to piss Ash off. He’d done enough damage for one day. However, while driving Kanen had noticed the reflections coming off the needle sitting in the cup holder, right on top of a small bag of white powder. With one hand on the wheel, Kanen blindly dug around his backseat for anything he could wrap the crap up with. His solution, a t-shirt. He fumbled as he tried to use one hand to wrap the syringe and drugs in the t-shirt, while still not taking his eyes off the road. He wasn’t trying to hide the items though. He’d already practically admitted to Ash his addiction.
He just didn’t want them so open, for legal reasons.

When the car rolled to a stop at the school, Kanen held in his hands a makeshift package, formed by a black t-shirt and a couple rubber bands. His eyes were glued to it for just a moment too long...

“Can you get rid of this without getting yourself into trouble?” He asked, though he didn’t dare look Ash in the eyes. He was afraid she would see just how much he wanted to use the items wrapped up, rather than throw them out.

Winona Winona

Ash
Lil Sad Blonde.gif

She'd been looking out the window, her arms crossed over her chest, when Kanen started rummaging around for some reason. Ash looked away from the window, watching curiously as he pulled out a t-shirt and started shoving all the drugs into it. The needles, the powder, whatever else he could get. What the heck was he doing?

Ash was equally surprised when he handed her the package. She took it gingerly in her hands, looking down at it for a moment before looking back to Kanen. "Why?" Okay, that was a stupid question. "I mean like... why are you doing this? Why did you come back? And are you actually serious this time?" Yeah, she remembered how last time had gone.

She wasn't sure how she'd get rid of this very suspicious looking package, but somehow Ash would do it. But she wasn't about to put her own reputation and good standing on the line if it was for no reason. If it was just for him to act like he was stopping this stuff just for Kanen to get his next fix tomorrow, then she wasn't going to do it.

High5ives High5ives

C7BE922C-45D6-4228-ACE1-9BD0FBA8484A.gif
Kanen sat there quietly for a moment after Ash fired a barrage of questions. He wasn’t sure which to answer first, or really how to answer any of them. “I...” Kanen paused and took a long breath. “I’m back in Westbrook because I was told to be.” Kanen hesitated, debating on whether or not he should tell her more about everything that was going on. Ultimately, he decided that sharing the details with her was a bad idea. She’d only get mad about it all, and there was nothing Kanen could do to change it, not yet anyways. At least not without some serious negative consequences. “I really can’t tell you why I’m back...Work. That’s all I can say...” he muttered the words like they were bitter in his mouth.

He paused once again, trying to decide why he was doing this. That was a harder question. Kanen didn’t know why he wanted to be better, but he was pretty sure it was because of her. Kanen didn’t want to hurt her, for any reason. “Um...Look, just don’t open that. If anyone asks where you got it be vague...” Kanen warned, trying to avoid the other questions. “The last thing I need is some dick in a suit driving up here from Boston.”

Kanen reaches with his hand and hit the button to unlock the car. “And, if you see Mason, tell him I need to see him? Please.” Kanen offered the best smile he could, though it was meager at best.

“And Jesus Christ, don’t tell anyone shit about this...” Kanen finished. If he was going to get out, he had to be tactful about it. The a bunch of cops snooping around following rumors was going to get someone killed..

Winona Winona

Raven
tumblr_inline_pk5jr9m4G51tkzrhy_250.gif

Raven didn't expect Mason to follow her into, well, her room. But here he was anyway. Looking towards the mannequin for a split second and returning to her search for the stupid computer, where did she even put it in the first place? A small playful grin came across her face as she considered his words. "Hey, maybe I'm into that. You don't know." She shrugged. Quickly making her bed finishing her search here, as she realized the computer wasn't near or on the bed. "I needed one for my dress." Gesturing to the dress that the mannequin was wearing, it was incredibly easy to finish the final touches when it was on something that wasn't her.

"Y'know that weird guy that lives near the alley where the druggies chill at? I'm not sure where he got it. But I didn't ask." Mason was probably the only one that lived near her and who'd she actually be friends with. Everyone else here was too shady or too... weird to even consider them as a friend. But maybe the other Rivera wasn't that bad. Taking a last glance around the room before she finally found it, walking past Mason and to the desk, grabbing the laptop, not noticing the camera that was dangerously close to it, moving the computer knocked the camera over the edge with a small crashing sound that didn't sound good at all. "Oh, c'mon." Putting the laptop back on the desk and bending down to pick up the polaroid.

Of course, it was the only camera she owned. The one she decided to keep when her gift didn't get to work out, she would've if the boy behind her didn't step in exactly at that minute. Yeah, it's that camera. The one she never got to give to June. Examining it only to find out that, well, it didn't seem like it would work anymore. Believe it or not she was extremely saddened it was broke. It wasn't because of her, Raven just... genuinely liked it. No matter the dumb reason why she got it in the first place. Okay, it wasn't a dumb reason. It was just memories she didn't like to associate it with, finding her lips moving before she could stop herself. "Why do you think she wanted you?" Maybe that was a little harsh and Raven regretted the words once she said them. However, she didn't necessarily care anymore, she had Alaska. But that didn't mean June's words meant nothing, 'nothing' being that keyword she used when she mentioned the kiss between the two while Raven was eavesdropping on them on play day.

Of course she knew why June wanted him now. Raven just was wanted to know why she wasn't.

"Don't answer that. Sorry."

Winona Winona

Ash
Lil Sad Blonde.gif

Work. Right. Although she wished his job didn't involve, you know, drugs and murder. Or if it did, she wished more that Kanen would just move on and stop dragging her in, or... something. Ash didn't know. She didn't know what she was doing here, and she didn't know why Kanen was even relying on her for this. Didn't he have closer friends or something? People that cared more about him and his well-being than she did? He'd always pushed her away before, so why not now?

"Okay well, Mason got suspended for getting beat up by Alaska." So that would be a solid no -- plus, Ash kind of hated Mason and tried to keep her distance from him. What? He was a dick, and she got tired of all the annoying things that he said and did. "But you could hit him up on Twitter or something." Wait, why did he even need Mason?

Brushing those thoughts aside, she looked back at the package, and finally nodded her head. "Fine." Ash said and then looked at him, biting her lip in thought for a moment. "Kanen, you are easily the most confusing person I know, but..." she hesitated, then set the package up on the dashboard, before leaning over and giving him a hug. "Thanks for at least trying." She said, letting go after a moment and grabbing the package before getting out of the car.

Ash slammed the door shut and then started heading towards the dumpsters behind the school, glancing back at Kanen and giving him a brief smile, before she turned back around and kept walking.

High5ives High5ives

--------------------------------------

Mason
Handsome.gif

Oh yeah, Mason hated that guy. Drake had always insisted that the two of them were buddies, and then one day the dude was offering Drake something very suspicious looking, and Mason never let Drake go past that alley again. Fucking hell, his brother was like a six-year-old all the time, and Mason didn't know what to do.

Pushing thought of Drake away, Mason watched as she knocked the camera to the ground, and then was asking him that horrific question. As much as he wanted to go with what she had added and not talk about it... well... how was Mason supposed to do that? He hesitated, looking away from Raven back at her dress sitting on the mannequin. Fuck. As if he knew why June would've ever wanted him over Raven. Fuck, why would anyone choose him over someone else? Mason felt like the biggest fuck up, the biggest loser, in all of Westbrook. So it was an absolute mystery to him as to why anyone would like him.

"Look, Raven, I have no idea. I wouldn't even choose me over you, so..." Mason just trailed off, shrugging and shaking his head helplessly. What could he possibly say other than that? He looked away from the dress towards Raven, shrugging once more. "But she did, and I didn't want her then, and I don't know why she didn't go back to you or what. I'm sorry how everything turned out, but if June was that stupid, then I'm sorry, but you deserve better."

Soap Soap

Raven

She didn't expect him to actually answer her question, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't want him to. His answer made her think more than she would've liked to. she used to hate this guy. Everyone knew it too. And here he was actually spending thanksgiving with her family? Way too weird. But surprisingly she wasn't complaining. She almost rolled her eyes. 'Deserve.'

It was a word that most people used when it came down to Raven, despite the question she'd asked, she was done talking about June. She played with the camera, possibly trying to fix it while she spoke. "So, you're saying if it came down to a choice between someone else and me." Cocking her head to one side before making eye-contact with him. Maybe what she'd asked might've been interpreted in a weird way, but she was curious.

"You'd choose me?"

She let the question sit the air for a few moments before deciding to test out the camera, lifting it up to her eye and snapping a quick picture of the other Rivera, taking into account that there wasn't a flash, it'd been some time before finally a photo came out. Okay, so it wasn't that broken. Hey, look. She had something in common with the polaroid she'd grown a liking to.

And, maybe... that wasn't the only thing she'd grown a liking to.

Winona Winona

Mason
Handsome.gif

Fucking fuck. Fuck. Why did she have to ask that kind of question? Mason was quiet, hesitating while he tried to think of a response as Raven held the camera up and took a picture. He didn't smile or anything, just kind of gave the camera an annoyed look, while trying to think of what to say to such a terribly awkward question. Fuck. And then as if to add to his already bad, awkward day, Kanen decided to message him on Twitter. Mason pulled his phone out, rolling his eyes and saying no, there was no way he was going to meet Kanen, before putting his phone back in his question. Fuck. He had to answer this question.

Mason looked towards the dress once more, unable to meet Raven's gaze as he talked. "Well, I mean... yeah. If it was a dating thing and I had to choose between like... you and June, or Ash, or Belle, or JJ..." he hesitated, looking at Raven as he finished speaking. "I'd always choose you." Wow, what the fuck was he saying? But even as he said it, yeah, he knew he was serious. All those girls were great, and Mason would totally like... fuck them, but not date them. They would all be too much work, too boring, too girly and prissy. But Raven... she was different and yeah, she was the kind of girl Mason could see himself with.

Well this was fucking weird. And as if some kind of weird god send, Kanen messaged him again. Mason pulled his phone out, quickly irritated, to see Kanen offering him money and saying that he really need to talk. Fuck. Five thousand dollars... Mason could finally buy himself a car and new shoes. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Hell, this could even get him and Drake out of their mother's house sooner than Mason had originally planned, but it would also mean leaving Raven.... but hey, it would be better for Ariana. And yeah, maybe Mason would choose Raven over almost anybody in the world, but Ariana came before everything.

"Fucking Kanen apparently needs me, so I'm really sorry. I gotta go, but I'll try to make it quick and come right back, alright?" He asked, not really waiting for a reply from Raven before he sent a reply back to Kanen, and then started backing out of her room. "Raven, I'll make it up to you. I'm really sorry, but he's offering me money and I can't turn that shit down." Hopefully she'd understand and if she didn't, well, whatever. It would work itself out somehow.

And then Mason headed out, and made his way towards Kanen's old house to wait.

Soap Soap

Raven

Dating? What? Hold on. Excuse me? Raven listened intently but didn't say a word as he listed off other girls. Including Ash. Huh. At least that was one straight guy who wasn't into the blonde. In a desperate attempt to distract herself she took the photo from the polaroid and looked at Mason's annoyed face, he couldn't even tried to smile? she almost cracked a grin which was quickly squashed as she looked up and met eyes with him at his words.

What the fuck. Raven didn't know Mason that well apparently if he was just going to tell a random girl that he'd choose her over anyone else. Or, well, maybe she wasn't random and that's why he said it? But would that mean he would date her? Her thoughts were running at least a hundred miles per hour at the thought of all of this. No, she didn't want to date Mason. It's just... what he said... It was something so small, but Raven usually wasn't one to be chosen most of the time.

She's not going to admit it. But it meant more than just a lot.

She didn't know what to say, she opened her mouth to say something and closed it. Looking at him him almost dumbfounded. Their staring match of complete silence was, again, cut short by a phone. Saved by the bell. Right? Despite all of his words Raven wasn't surprised to know that he was leaving, money is a tough thing to come by and Mason had a kid. So, she understood. "Yeah. Sure." Giving him the smallest of grins, Raven was an amazing actor that was a fact almost everyone knew by now,

she was sure she hid the disappointment on her face. Once Mason had left, she pinned the picture she took to the wall. There was a few on her wall, mostly just... all of the ones she ever took with the camera in the first place. Nancy and her grandmother was there, surprisingly a photo of Shiloh she took that day when she'd got the camera. June, even if... she was considering taking that one down, she left it alone.

Sighing heavily before placing the camera down, she made her way back to Nancy, her confusion was clear on her face and that was enough for Raven to answer her question. "It's okay, his loss. We both know I'm always the better choice." Maybe those words were becoming a little less true, but she didn't really need Mason here. She had her grandmother and her own family, unrelated family, but... that didn't matter. That's not what made family, well, family.

"Okay, teach me how to make this... uh... apple pie thingy."

Winona Winona

Zach
tumblr_moera5ZZbr1qeqgdvo5_250.gif

"I guess that's fair, at least you're out of there now." Zach couldn't imagine growing up in such a religious school. His family wasn't nonreligious but they also weren't the type to follow everything that most traditional religious families did. "Different can be good." Zach hadn't ever had anything different, Westbrook was all he knew. "Sometimes I wish I could get out of here. There isn't much to do, which is probably why there is always so much drama". That was the understatement of the year.

Zach laughed tilting his head down shaking it. "Ahh the play, great first day right?" He looked back at Belle with a smirk. "That's the kind of shit you should expect year round." There was a lot of people who got suspended for all of the plays after math. Everyone just got so jealous over, well everything. And from what he heard, Mason definitely deserved the beating he got from Alaska after almost killing Drake. Granted no one had seen Drake since, so he very well could be dead. "Well almost everything closes down by Thanksgiving, and won't open back up till spring." He bit the side of his cheek looking back over at Belle. "and I mean I know we just met but you can consider me another friend who hasn't been suspended." Zach winked at her. "And if you want something to do my families Thanksgiving is really chill, my Moms' and all of their gay friends do a huge potluck."

Zach didn't want to ask why she wasn't celebrating with her own family, and figured she'd say no to his offer. He was a stranger to her anyways. He saw Theo, Grace, and Sawyer all gathered together. "There's who we were looking for." He smiled, despite the fact that Sawyer scared him a bit, he wondered if Sawyer knew that Theo was Grace's ex.. Did Theo even know that Grace was out of the closet now? He pointed to the smaller blonde. "The shorter one is Grace." Zach walked over to the small group of people. "Hey, this is Belle its her first day." He could tell this probably hadn't been the best time, and there was a bit of awkward tension in the air. Zach rubbed the back of his neck. "Grace Belle was hoping to try out for the cheer team, I told her I would introduce you two."

Zach looked around at everyone else, "This is Theo, he played on the football team with me till he left for France last year." He fist bumped Theo, who happened to be his longest friend. "And Sawyer.. Grace's.. uh.. Girlfriend." He looked to see if there was any reaction from Theo but he seemed unfazed by the announcement.

Interactions: Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree | Mentions: Winona Winona

5CEE9874-020B-442B-89A8-CCDBD9B618F7.jpeg
It hasn’t even been a full day since Kanen’s last hit, and he was already hitting symptoms of withdrawal. He found it practically impossible to hold his hands steady, and no matter how high he cranked up his AC, it was just too hot. His body physically ached, like he’d been hit by a train the day before or something. With such early symptoms already setting in, Kanen was getting anxious thinking about what was to come. Sure, he was determined to get clean now, but about in 12 hours when everything was hitting hard? Kanen didn’t want to break, but he was beginning to doubt his own willpower. Would he break?

As he pulled up to his old house, he could see the ‘for sale’ sign staked out front in the lawn. Kane doubted anyone would buy the place. His stepmother had let it fall apart before leaving it. He glanced over to the passenger seat at a brown envelope. Twenty-five hundred dollars was tucked in there, half of what he’d be paying Mason. Kanen wasn’t dumb enough to just give Mason all the money up front.

Mason didn’t look happy to be here. Not that Kanen expected him to be. After parking the car, Kanen swung his door open and got out with the brown envelope. The minute he stood up, the nausea hit him, and only a moment later Kanen was doubled over in the grass vomiting. It came out violently, even after Kanen had nothing left to puke up. Just stomach acid, forcing its way up out of his throat.

Winona Winona

Mason
Kinda cute.gif

He hadn't wanted to go in the yard, or on the porch, or anywhere near the house. Hell, Mason hadn't even known that Kanen's stepmom had sold the place, but good riddance. Who would buy this dump, though? He'd been pondering that from the sidewalk when Kanen's car rolled up, and he looked back, watching as Kanen climbed out of the car and then almost immediately fell to his knees, vomiting. Wow. What a surprise there, and Mason just rolled his eyes.

"Hey, junkie. Where's my cash and what do you want?" Mason asked, his eyes falling on the brown envelope in Kanen's hand. What? He'd come here for one thing, and that thing was solid cash. Any amount of caring about Kanen's well-being had mostly faded after the dick had broken his leg, and Mason decided he was better off without him.

But, well, he had to care somewhat since Mason had actually shown up. "And you look like shit. What drugs Boston get you on?" Hey, he'd seen enough drug addicts to know that Kanen was addicted.

High5ives High5ives

Shawn March Orozco

tumblr_inline_o6ubsf1qlV1ssflgq_400.gif

"I don't care about his well-being, I just hope I don't start finding fuckin' Al Capone in my house." Shawn followed behind June, one of the bottles tucked under his arm. "I'm not prepared for that kind of action."

It was nice for June to be looking out for him and all. Real sweet. Kind of unexpected. "I might have a little bit for myself, then put the rest in the fridge when I get home." If you bring your own booze to a party, people think you're the coolest person on the planet. Especially if it isn't your party. Also, there was really nothing else to do at home besides getting knocked on his ass by goats and trying to make his parents do anything.

Why did he take the pill?

"I dunno. I've definitely put worse in my body before, so it was basically just like getting whiskey for free. Unless he did some weird shit with those pills, I'm in the clear." He snorted a bit to himself. "He might've been trying to share accountability, like, as if that's the only crime I've done. Isn't it a right of passage to commit at least two crimes before you can really call yourself a Westbrook kid?"

He continued to answer whatever she was saying. Probably talking too much.

"My parents do a lot of weird drugs, they're like... new-wave farm hippies. Lot of psychedelics. We don't really live in town so nobody cares." Most of what surrounded his house was a naked road and grass, sometimes trees. When he was younger he would catch frogs in the underbrush. "You know, you have LSD tabs lying around the house, they look like stamps. I'd keep stacks of 'em in my drawers because i thought they were little stamps, 'til I figured out... you know. They're not. Tried it. Got a good twelve hours of floaty time. So yeah, I guess that's my hobby now." He exhaled. "I do drag and drugs That's my thing."

Interactions: @Moonshadow

Belle and Theo
rsz_29bae4e3cbbca5aa59618f341c202dc96.jpg & ezgif-2-fa4c67257e40.gif

Belle fiddled with her ring, everything was closed on Thanksgiving. Of course it was. They had families to spend the holiday with. What she didn't expect was for him to invite her to spend it with him. "Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude. Besides, I have a puppy at home I just couldn't leave him alone" she smiled. Was it wrong to use Oreo as an excuse not to go? It's not that she didn't want to it was just like she said. It would feel weird intruding on his families Thanksgiving. Although it was nice to have another friend. "Well seeing as you're now my friend that means you'll have to stay if she lets me audition" she teased.

Zach pointed out a small group of people to her. Okay, the shortest one was Grace, she could remember that. She was relatively good at remembering peoples names and faces. Were they just going to walk over? They seemed kinda busy- He was just walking over okay they were doing this. She pushed away any nervousness and plastered a cheerful smile on her lips. She was a talented cheerleader/dancer if she was allowed to audition she knew that she would make the team. "Hi, It's nice to meet you all," she said once Zach introduced her to the group. "Sorry if we just intruded in your conversation" she added to be polite.

Theo almost let out a sigh of relief as Zach came over with a pretty girl beside him. Typical Zach, always attracting the pretty girls. At least they would hopefully break the slightly awkward air. "Nice to meet you too, Belle," he said while fist bumping his friend. It was partly in greeting but also partly a way of saying 'scored a cute girl? sweet.' Fistbumps could become a language of its own. "A cheerleader hopeful? I'm sure Grace will take great care of you." New cheerleaders were always great. If you asked him there weren't nearly enough cheerleaders around.

"Anyways. I have some more people I have to see" he said while picking up his present bag. There were still a few he had to give out but hopefully, he could get it done that way. "Good luck Belle. See ya later Sawyer, Zach" he wrapped his arm around Grace giving her a side hug. "Later Berry" he gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading off. Once he was a little way down the hall he realised that he had kissed Grace on the cheek. It had become such a habit from being in France he hadn't even thought about it. Oops, he was sure she wouldn't care that much.​

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkak7u80rk1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace eyes widened at Theo's words. No, no, thank you. She wasn't particularly excited for Sawyer to learn embarrassing things she'd tease about later. Not excited whatsoever. "Hey, I don't think we need to--" Her eyes landed on Zach approaching her with a girl in tow. Great, something good to come out of today. "Look! Zach's here, why don't we make small talk with Zach instead." She smiled brightly as the two walked up to them. "No, no, you didn't intrude anything. Trust me. Totally cool. Thanks." Why are you thanking her? Clearing her throat before continuing reaching out to shake her hand, and paused at sight of the glove and hoped she wouldn't think she was too weird.

Ugh. Lying sucks. "It's nice to meet you Belle." Desperately hoping flashing a charming smile would get her eyes off of her hand and to her face instead, and well, no questions would be deeply appreciated too. Leaning into the hug Theo had given her before he left, hugs were always good. Although, the kiss part. Well. "Oh. Um. Bye." Strongly confused, she was sure Sawyer wouldn't care though... boys weren't a problem, so. It was probably just out of old habit, it's fine. She didn't want to make a big deal out of it, glancing towards Sawyer for a split second and returning her attention to the new girl.

Raising a curious eyebrow at the redhead. "So, you're interested in trying out?" Cheer tryouts were kind of over... like, a really long time ago. Actually, it was just a few months ago. But yet, it felt like years ago for some reason. Shaking her head at the thoughts of all the ridiculous things that'd happened throughout the year already, and, well, if she was being completely honest. She doesn't really have anything else important to do, other than finding that damn ring, but... she could probably just let her audition, what's the worst that can happen?

"Well... I don't see why not. If you have a routine set up already, we could get something going in the gym in a few if you're up for it?" She might've been a little disappointed in most of the cheer team. Ash was good, Scarlet wasn't bad either, JJ wasn't very... hm. Grace felt like she wasn't trying hard enough. Or, well, at all. She tried to bring it up to her a few times, but she was just left with a roll of her eyes and the sound of high heels walking away, so. Maybe next time. Point is, Grace tried her hardest to make the team... at the very least presentable.​

9CDC701E-D003-4CB5-9329-1CE7204D504F.jpeg
“Nice to see you too, fuckin’ dick.” Kanen muttered, spitting out whatever he could to try and get the taste of vomit off his tongue. Leaning back slightly, Kanen threw the brown envelope at Mason’s feet. “Half is there. Get me clean I’ll pay the rest.” He spoke, slowly standing up on shaky legs. The sun seemed especially bright for whatever reason, and Kanen found himself struggling not to squint or cover his eyes. He could see Mason, the way he stood there like not a thing mattered in the world. Honestly, given Mason’s demeanor, Kanen wouldn’t be surprised if Mason just said ‘No’ and walked away.

When Mason asked what exactly Kanen was hooked on, he didn’t respond for a moment, instead just taking another moment to spit the remaining bile out of his mouth. When he finished, Kanen still didn’t speak, he just slowly pulled up his sleeve. He didn’t bother pointing out the tracks, Mason would know what they were. There was nothing left to explain.

Kanen just looked at the other boy, giving him a moment to figure things out for himself. “I bet you’re fucking enjoying this huh. Feel good to come out on top?”

Winona Winona

Mason
Handsome.gif

Mason picked up the envelope from the ground and opened it up, flipping through the cash for a moment before looking back at Kanen, his eyes narrowed in annoyance. He watched as Kanen stood up, showing him the track marks along his skin, and Mason just crossed his arms over his chest, but otherwise showed no emotion. Of fucking course. What a dumb ass. But why had he come to Mason, of all people, to get him clean? As if Mason would even care?

He rolled his eyes, and then smirked at Kanen. "No, it doesn't feel great to 'come out on top,' jackass." He snapped, and was quiet for a moment, thinking it over and looking at Kanen while he did. Was five grand worth it to clean Kanen up? Not really, considering what the jackass had done in the past, and the fact that Mason figured that "cleaning him up" would take a lot more work than the cash he was offering. Dirty cash, at that. There was no doubt that this was drug money.

"What the fuck do you want to get clean for, anyway?" Mason asked. After all, people didn't get clean just because they felt like it. Fuck, look at Drake -- he didn't want to, and that was the biggest reason that Drake kept slipping back into addiction. "Like what, you're just suddenly wanting to turn your life around? I don't fucking believe it. Not if you got this kind of cash to just throw around like it's fucking nothing." Mason pointed out, waving the envelope around.

High5ives High5ives

As the sun threatened to burn Kanen’s eyes straight out of his skull, he could feel a headache building. Normally he’d chase it away with a handful of painkillers, but not now. Kanen didn’t want to trade one addiction for another, this was going to be the end of it all. Hopefully anyways. Kanen failed to hide his annoyance as Mason bombarded him with questions, as if he even fucking cared. Rehab would’ve been easier than dealing with Rivera, but unfortunately that wasn’t really an option. Kanen wanted to be drug free, but he couldn’t check himself into some prison-like rehabilitation facility. He still needed to be able to do his job.

“I’m not paying you to be my therapist.” Kanen spat out. “Regardless of why I do the shit I do, it’s not your fucking place to ask why. Got it?” He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a pair of shades to try and relieve himself from the sun. Dilated pupils were becoming a bigger issue, and all Kanen wanted to do was crawl into some dark hole.

“Look, you and I both know you need the cash. You going to take it not?” He spoke. It probably wasn’t wise to push an ultimatum in Mason’s face, but it was bound to come down to that eventually. If the guy decided to bail, fine. Kanen would do it himself. But was a little bit of help really so much to ask? Sure, Mason and Kanen weren’t on great terms, but five thousand dollars was a nice bonus for just being there for a bit of support.

Winona Winona

Zach
tumblr_moera5ZZbr1qeqgdvo5_250.gif

"See you around." Zach waved bye to Theo giving him a look as he kissed Grace on on the cheek. The awkward tension wasn't getting any better
but at least the conversation was turned back to Belle and cheer. Zach noticed Grace wearing gloves and became rather confused, why was she wearing gloves in school. Had she forgotten to take them off?

"You'll be fine, plus the team is pretty great over all." Zach looked back over at Belle. "I'm sure you've got this in the bag." He subtly winked at Belle again. "Grace can be a bit of a hard ass." He smirked over at Grace, a joking tone in his voice.

Maree Maree Soap Soap

Mason
Handsome.gif

"I'm not trying to be your therapist, dumb ass. I just want to know why you of all people wants to get better." It didn't make sense to Mason, and if he was going to be putting time and effort in to getting Kanen clean, he wanted to know why, and make sure it wouldn't be for nothing. What? Maybe Mason was tired of being fucked over by stupid druggies who said they wanted to get better, only to get worse in a week or two. It fucking sucked to be lied to over and over.

Mason slipped the money into his back pocket, and then looked back at Kanen, arms crossed over his chest once more. It wasn't like he needed Kanen anymore, as if Kanen was his only friend or whatever. He had Carter, and kind of Raven, so what else did Mason really need? Kanen to fuck him over again and again and make him feel shitty about himself, and choosing to be with Ari as opposed to helping Kanen out when his father died. Why would Mason waste his time with Kanen again?

"I'm going to take the cash, at least what you gave me, and like I said, I'll help you if you just answer my fucking question." Mason took a couple steps towards him, eyes still narrowed suspiciously, arms still crossed over his chest defiantly. "Why should I help you? Why the fuck should I believe that you, who just got back to town, suddenly want to get clean? How do I know it isn't a lie this time, like it is every other fucking time you try?" Mason asked.

High5ives High5ives

FB57B754-D16E-43BC-8053-92C5CF311B02.jpeg
Kanen shook his head, chuckling lightly. He was getting agitated, and quickly. He could feel his heart rate picking up, and the urge to just hit something was building like floodwaters overfilling a damn. All Kanen needed was a crack to burst. Adrenaline and agitation clouded rational thought. Mason pretty much calling him a liar only added to the growing flame that rose up in Kanen’s chest. What the fuck did it matter why he was trying to get clean? Mason would be paid either way. Regardless, He was still going to walk away today richer than he was, why in hell did he give two shits about Kanen’s reasons?

“Piss off” Kanen muttered, doing his best to keep his cool. Mason’s question kept echoing in his head. Why did he want to get clean all of the sudden?

The question itself made Kanen frustrated. He wasn’t sure why he so suddenly wanted to get clean. The day before, he had been perfectly content drugging himself past consciousness and drinking himself into a stupor. Nothing changed until his conversation with Ash, and maybe that pissed Kanen off too. It irritated him, knowing one stupid little girl had the power to sway him so easily. All Kanen had to do was see her face, and he folded like it was nothing. She hardly had to try before Kanen decided to change. Kanen would happily give everything up if it meant Ash would just smile at him, be proud of him, anything. Kanen hated that Ash was the only reason he had to get clean. What would happen when she decided he wasn’t worth the trouble. What would happen when Kanen was alone again? What would happen when Ash moved on? What would happen when everyone else found out just how fucked Kanen was? What would happen when they told Ash to leave him alone. What would happen when Ash listened? What would happen when—

Kanen’s mind was racing, so much so that he threw himself into a panic and snapped. “What the fuck do you care Mason?!” Kanen barked. “You’ll get your money! That’s all you’re fucking here for isn’t it?! Why do you give a rats ass about why I’m doing this?!” Kanen was yelling at Mason, enough that his veins showed on his neck, but Kanen wasn’t really mad at Mason. Kanen didn’t even know why he was mad. He just was. Furious at the world for no reason at all. Kanen was mad at himself maybe, but not at Mason. Masonjist happened to be the only one there to receive Kanen’s outbursts.

Kanen turned, swinging a closed fist against his car’s rear view mirror hard enough to just break it off. He practically fell against his car, putting his head against the roof, trying his best to calm himself down.

“If you won’t help, just take the money and go...I’ll do this myself if I have to.” Kanen muttered, not even raising his head to look at Mason when he spoke.

Winona Winona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back