• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
June
June bit her lip a little as Mason walked away. I wasn’t done talking to him. I needed to ask him what is going around about the party... She was taken off guard as the girl looped her arm around hers and June started to guide her to biology. “Oh well...” She didn’t feel like she was still in Maine. She felt like she was just transported to another world. “I don’t know the vibe of Westbrook very much. But from my first week here, everyone is pretty nice to one another I believe. As for what you can do in Maine, the beaches are peaceful and lovely. I’ve been there a couple of times even though I should probably go more.”

She was surprised to offer her a piece of her lemon bar. Back in her old school people would never share their food, June was one of them. Her mother always worked hard to buy her food why would she give it away? But, she felt a little relaxed and took the piece. She was surprised a little when she asked her about Mason’s ‘deal’. Everyone had a ‘deal’ and she had no clue about his. “Mason? He just has a lot on his plate, that’s all. He’s honestly a nice guy.” Maybe a better kisser. She couldn’t believe she had that thought pass her mind, but luckily she didn’t say it. “So, what made you move to Westbrook?” June asked and took another bite of the lemon bar. She needed to get some for herself, she actually really liked them.

txlos txlos

Sawyer
Sawyer released Ryan from her hold as they made their way further into the school. She pulled her backpack straps over her shoulders and grinned up at him. Of course she had a plan. Or....at least she would have a plan in a few seconds. Come on Sawyer. You're the best at this kinda of stuff, you totally have the best idea ever. Got it.

"Of course I do." She scratched the back of her head sheepishly, "It's just how I'm going to execute this plan that isn't....planned." Sawyer groaned. The flaws of coming up with plans in the moment was that they never seemed to ever work out like she wanted. She couldn't do what she wanted to without accidentally outting Grace, but then again she could always ask-

"Which is why you, my dear friend, are going to help me." Sawyer began filling him in on the idea she'd formed literally five seconds ago animatedly.

Dak Dak

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
So they were two new girls, unsure of the situation surrounding the students of the school and unaware of what to expect... perfect. Nova figured that they could navigate Westbrook together then, and maybe if they got into trouble (on accident of course) it would be together. As for Maine, even June seemed to have a dull droning in her voice when talking about it, which didn't help Nova's situation in the slightest. She already missed Seattle enough, she had only hoped that Maine wouldn't be so painfully boring, but alas, here she was. At least June already seemed lovely. She also, by the dreamy haze in her voice, seemed like she was slightly into Mason, and as far as boys went, Nova instantly decided that perhaps Mason wasn't her guy and that she would back off. The brunette already had a pretty hinged liking to the ginger girl beside her, and if Nova needed anything, it was friends.

When Seattle came into the conversation, she brightened. "Seattle was... wonderful," She began with a sigh, squeezing June's arm a bit and taking the last bite of her lemon bar (secretly thrilled that June seemed to be enjoying hers as well). "It's always so full of life and the good cafes, the ones that the tourists don't know about, always know your order if you're a regular. I would walk in every day before work and they would have it made for me, they were angels. The redwoods were giant, the hiking was great, the concerts were outstanding and I just miss it so much." Nova was nearly out of breath by the time she finished, a smile gracing her face and making her eyes crinkle at the edges. With the memory of Seattle, she almost felt a little more confident walking through the hallways of Westbrook... like she had a little piece of home with her.

"I didn't know you guys had a music room," Nova cooed as the two approached the open door, absentmindedly using 'you guys' for the entirety of the school. Nova loved guitar, and was learning to play just a few months before she left Seattle. She was forced to sell her guitar at a pawn shop just before leaving to pay for Kelbi's vaccines before moving to Maine. Poking her head in, Nova's strong eyebrows furrowed in a deep set curiousity, looking around before resting her eyes on a couple of people. The girl had short hair and a pixie face, and was incredibly pretty. Her light eyes made Nova envious, her dislike for her dark green hazels growing. She was petite and a natural sort of pretty, but held this air of confidence about her. And the gentlemen... well he hadn't turned around yet, but already Nova liked his beanie. He didn't seem super jacked like Mason did, probably not a sporty type, more of a music nerd... something Nova liked. "Hi!" Nova grinned, pulling June to a halt as she placed herself and her friend in the doorway. "Do you know if the school loans out instruments? I was hoping to maybe take a guitar home if they do."

Winona Winona COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Moonshadow Moonshadow

Martin found his son’s hand under the hospital sheets and held onto it gently. He felt the contours of his boy's thin fingers and filled the gaps between them with his own. The boy moved and turned though he was never awake. At times during the night he was visited by bad dreams but they came and went as whisperings from the belly of darkness, and his eyes were never opened and he was never stirred out of his slumber.

The masterful exorcists had done their deeds, but in their violent rituals and bid to chase out the devil they'd reduced the boy to a weakened, empty vessel. Martin brought his hand to his son’s face and combed his fingers through the sweat-drenched hair. Then he felt his shallow breaths at the nostrils. He waited for his boy to come back to him, and hours passed into days and he never gave up hope.

Then a golden dawn came peering through the blinds and discovered the boy in his quiet repose. Suddenly his soft eyes fluttered. His father leant toward him and placed a gentle hand on his cheek.

‘You’re OK, Stu. . .’

‘Dad?’

‘Shh. . . You’re safe now, buddy, don’t say anything.’

Stu tried to sit up but he couldn’t find his strength. His father scooped him up gently by the neck and straightened and tucked the pillow under his head. They were looking at each other for the first time since the Friday night. The boy’s eyes were damp with remorse.

‘Dad. . . I’m sorry,' he pleaded.

The father broke into tears. ‘I thought I’d lost you. . .’ He kissed him on the forehead. ‘You know how much I love you, don’t you? I love you more than anything in the world. . . Anything.’ And before long his tears of sorrow turned into those of joy. ‘Promise me, Stuart,' he said, 'Promise me you’ll never do anything like that -- ever again.’

‘I won’t,’ the boy said, sniffling, ‘Dad, I promise.’

Last edited:
The moment Mr. West said Stu was going to be ok, Kanen practically melted in his seat. He sunk back, running a hand back through his hair. "Thank God..." He muttered softly under his breath. Kanen wanted to go see Stu, but before he could ask, Mr. West continued on.
He understood the risk Mr. West had made. Tampering with a crime scene and hiding evidence could be a felony. And for the Chief of Police? That would end his career. Not to mention, cops typically don't last long in prison systems. Kanen was thankful for everything though. Probation was like a slap on the wrist compared to what The Chief of Police could've done.
"No sir.." Kanen responded when the man asked if he had somewhere else to go. Kanen didn't really know any of his extended family, and he had absolutely no idea where his mother had gone years ago. "I can figure something out though." Kanen quickly followed up with, not wanting to be a burden.

"Alright. Look, I can't force you to leave that house, but from what my officers said, it's not a good place for anyone to live, let alone a kid like yourself." Chief West was tempted to offer his own home, but seeing as how it was Ash that had gotten Kanen into this mess, well, not the best idea. "I'd see what you can do to get out of there. This is your last year of high school, right? You just need somewhere to crash for a few months until school is over."

Well, there wasn't much left for West to say. He held his hand out to Kanen. "Pleasure to meet you, Kanen. I hope you take what we've said to you today to heart, and make something of yourself. It's not too late for you." West said. "But I think we're done here. I'll be watching over you, as well as Richards and Lewis. The two cops who were just in here, alright? But unless you have anything else to say, I believe you're good to go."

High5ives High5ives

Sybil Weston~
[IMG='width:194px;']https://i.imgur.com/w5LqLkT.jpg[/IMG]

"Sybil. Sybil Weston." Her head cocked to the other side curiously, before she an amused and teasing smile crossed her lips, "You fidget too much." She said with a softly laugh, shaking her head a little as she leaned back from the chair to stretch out her arms and rolls her shoulders. She narrowed her eyes when the new girl popped into the conversation, she was bumping her game off but Sybil shook off the annoyance in an instance. "I wouldn't know that, I know about bows and arrows, but cutie here can tell ya." She flashed a thousand watt smile and winked at Jace before folding her arms across her chest.

Oh this whole thing was a lot for Jace to take in. As if one girl wasn't bad enough, now there were three. He ignored Sybil's words, although he was still blushing. "Right. Uh... loaning instruments..." Jace mumbled as he looked at the new girl. "Unfortunately, no, they don't loan out instruments." Talking about music managed to calm him and now, Jace found his fidgeting stopping for the most part. He crossed his arms over his chest and this time, leaned against the table without falling over.

"The school loans out music books and stuff like that. But I, uh, I have some extra... stuff at my house. I-If you were interested." Jace cleared his throat awkwardly and reached down to touch his guitar, gently plucking at the strings as they all spoke. It was something his mother had left for him when she, well, ditched. The guitar and his beanie were all he had left of her. "D-Do you play? A lot?"

Moonshadow Moonshadow txlos txlos COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

After having left the station, Kanen had hone home with a newfound purpose. He wanted to be better than he was now, not just for himself, but for everyone around him. He was determined to get his life turned around and back on track. However, things like that are never easy. Especially not when you're just a highschool student with no source of income. Kanen did however, have a pair of car keys.

He spent his Saturday night packing his things, loading a handful of boxes into the back of the Mustang parked out front. Packing didn't take long. Aside from clothes, Kanen didn't have a whole lot worth taking. Anything he'd be needing, Kanen would have to purchase with money pulled from his savings.

Kanen had parked his car near the coast Saturday night when he felt tired enough to sleep. The next morning, he woke up just before sunrise, allowing him to watch the sun crawl up over the Atlantic. Sunday started out good, but by evening, Kanen was starting to hit symptoms of withdrawal. He felt restless, with headaches coming and going. Little things like traffic practically infuriated him. Once or twice during the night, Kanen found himself doubled over in the grass, feeling like he was going to vomit. It had only been a short 48 hours since he had something to drink, but Kanen's bodywas suffering because of it. The night didn't get much better, unfortunately.

~~~~~

Monday morning came too soon. Kanen got to school hours early, getting let in by one of the janitors. He used the bathroom and showers in the boys locker room to get himself cleaned up, but regardless, Kanen felt like shit. His head was pounding as he did his hair and brushed his teeth, only mildly getting better after taking a couple painkillers.

But! Kanen was sober. He hadn't even touched a bottle since Friday night. Instead of whiskey, Kanen smelled like Cologne. Instead of a flask under his arm, Kanen carries books. He felt links absolute garbage, but Kanen was at school ready to be someone new.

After Mason had managed to gather most of Drake's homework, he started back towards his locker to return it. He didn't get super far before he saw Kanen heading his direction and he looked... Well, cleaned. "Kanen." Mason greeted as he stopped in front of his old friend. "You look less like shit than usual."

"Anyway, so the coach told me that you're rejoining the team. Is that true?" Mason asked. When they told him, he'd simply laughed, but seeing Kanen actually at school on time truly surprised him. "I'm supposed to let you try out tonight even though tryouts were last week."

High5ives High5ives

Kanen looked at Mason as he talked, not at all amused. Yeah, they used to be friends at one point, but it seemed like all they've done since then is fight. In truth, the only reason Kanen even stopped to talk to Mason is because Mason had gotten in his way. His face hardened.

Kanen wouldn't tell Mason the actual reason he was getting back on the team. That was none of Mason's business. Kanen was kinda glad to be getting back to his old life, but ultimately, he was being forced. "The only reason I want back on that team, is so I can show the whole school how much of a bitch you are." Kanen practically spat, a bored expression plastered across his face. "Tonight, when coach makes everyone run the kill drill, you pray you're not the guy lined up against me. "

June
She felt bad for Nova as she explained everything she loved about her old city. She could never talk about Nells like she did Seattle. Then, she was whisked into the music room. She did know about it, having to take pictures for the club, but it was odd being in there with unfamiliar faces. Well almost unfamiliar. She remembered Jace at the party’s aftermath. She believed he was Ash’s brother.

After a while, she looked at the time and tapped Nova. “I have to start heading to my own class. Nice meeting you.” She said quickly, giving a small wave as she left and walked down the hall. I have no clue where Mason even is. Maybe I could find someone else. As soon as the thought came to mind she looked up to see Sawyer and Ryan. She paused for a moment, but opted not to speak to them. They were only Grace’s friends and should stay as such. Besides, June was only a non-sister in their eyes probably. She pretended to be on her phone as she walked towards them.

txlos txlos KingofAesir KingofAesir Dak Dak

"Wow. I'm shaking." Mason responded, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I'm sure you'll be able to do so much when you're falling over drunk." Hey, if Kanen wasn't going to be cordial, neither would Mason. "It's, what, eight? And not drunk yet? Must be a new record for you."

He smirked, then started walking last Kanen. "I'll see you at football practice. Hope you can run a straight line." Yeah, Mason didn't feel particularly confident about Kanen getting back into football. Of course, if he did, Mason would learn to live with it, but he kind of hoped that Kanen wouldn't.

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Nova smiled at the pixie girl as she walked in, although it soon melted into a nervous grin. She looked so nice and innocent, and yet her Katniss-like knowledge of weaponry left the petite brunette feeling a little uneasy... and maybe unsafe. The girl with icy eyes sitting at the same table as beanie boy made no move to show her affection towards the blonde boy, almost as if to make a very subtle warning to tread lightly. But the boy... now he was just Nova's cup of sweet chai tea. He wasn't built by any means, except slight definition in his forearms, which Nova guessed was from the guitar playing. His eyes were a serene sort of sea green color. His hair was long, and peaked out from under his beanie, and he seemed... shy. On the quieter side, a real cafes and movies type of guy. And he was offering to maybe let her borrow a guitar? Nova wondered what she had done in another life to deserve such a blessing on her first day at a new school.

Shaking off her day-dream look, she perked up and straightened out her jean jacket, crossing her heavy brown Docs at the ankles and fiddling with her thumbs. "A bit," She smiled sweetly, leaning in the doorway of the music room and tucking her hair behind her ear. "I was starting to teach myself before I moved here, had to sell my guitar. A girl who went to the same cafe as me in Seattle was trying to teach me once a week, and from there I just went online and watched videos," Nova explained meekly, making sure to give no impression that she was this great guitar player. "If you have any extra I could totally pay you to borrow it. I'm just scared of losing the little that I already know," And although she tried to contain the excitement in her voice, it most certainly still peaked out from the corners of her lips as she tried to suppress a wide smile that was begging to be let loose. It wasn't until June mentioned that she was going to head to class that the smile decided to relax for now, an easy grin replacing it. Nova nodded and waved to the redhead, making a mental note to find her during lunch before turning back to the huntress pixie and the cute musician.

"I'm Nova, by the way," She cooed, lifting her hand awkwardly with and pursing her lips. She hated introducing herself, always afraid of looking a little dumb. "Nova Abrisst. Just moved here from Seattle."

Winona Winona COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

Last edited:
"Did you feel strong throwing some little kid around?" Kanen called out as Mason went to walk past him. In reality, this had quickly become somewhat personal. Kanen didn't want to just make it onto the team, he wanted to strip Mason of whatever respect the team had for him. "I bet you felt real fucking big throwing Stu around."

"You aren't just going to walk across that field like you did with him..." Kanen said, turning to walk away. "Honestly, I'll be surprised if you even walk off it."

"Stu?" Mason echoed, his brow furrowed in confusion for a moment before it clicked. Neck-Tie. "Yeah. Did you have fun throwing him in the hospital?" Okay, so maybe it had been June that dared the kid to drink that deadly alcohol. But Kanen had been the one to bring it, and Mason had heard what had happened. It was a surprise Kanen was even here.

"You gotta make it on the field first to kick me off." And there was no way Mason would go down willingly without a fight. Well, he didn't really want to go down at all.

"Don't worry about me getting on he field. Once in there, no one in this whole fucking school is gonna give a shit about you anymore." Kanen shot back. If Mason was going to go for low blows, Kanen would too.

"Ya know? I was thinking about going and visiting Stu today." Kanen began."Drake is probably there too right? Seems like he's got a habit of being a bit too liberal with the 'fun stuff'" Kanen didn't have a problem with Drake. He was a nice enough kid. But Kanen knew Mason well enough to know how to get under his skin.

"Y-Yeah, of course. I can bring it tomorrow." Jace had a couple extra guitars that he'd collected over the years. Actually, at this point, his room was practically a storage facility for instruments. He had everything, even things he'd never tried playing and probably never would. There was just something so beautiful about music and instruments, and Jace found himself spending all of his money on them. "And, uh, don't worry about paying me. It's on the house... or on me since I guess it couldn't really be on a house." He mumbled, thinking it over as he turned back to the sheets of music and started putting them away in a folder.

"Nova? That's uh, that's a really pretty name." Jace turned bright red at his next thoughts, which were simply like you. Oh boy. He didn't even know where he stood when it came to any kind of relationships. He'd crushed on a single girl for years, never made a move, and then she had moved away with her parents. So when it came to anything like crushing, Jace was a lost cause. Like how he'd completely been confused by Sybil and what she was saying. He took it as her just being a flirt who treated every guy like that. "I'm Jace West. Well, Jason but that's boring and no one calls me that..." He mumbled, his words trailing off as he reminded himself just how uninteresting it truly was.

"Anyway, I teach people. Like, not a lot of people, but some people. I teach them how to play instruments. Mainly, well, guitar, but I can play piano, too, and like drums... And the recorder, but everyone can play that..." Those were the instruments he was comfortable with, but Jace had some experience with a few others. "So, uh, if you wanted, I could continue those... those lessons." He suggested, awkwardly scratching the back of his head and disrupting his beanie's perfect position.

txlos txlos

---------------------------------------

Well, joke was on Kanen. By what happened last Monday with Neck-Tie on the football field, no one cared about Mason -- not that he had thought they did. Either way, it had been a rude and abrupt reminder to Mason about how alone he was in this world. It was an empty threat that he could easily brush off, though. Mason wasn't captain of the football team for the popularity (although, yes, the girls were a nice addition to being the captain). It was his way to an end, and his way to get into the local university so that he could have some kind of future and get himself, Drake, and Ariana out of the poverty ridden life they faced.

However, the last comment did halt Mason in his tracks. His shoulder hunched up, and his one hand clenched his books, while his other turned into a fist. No one talked about Drake like that. Only a few things in life could throw Mason for a loop or get under his skin, and the biggest one was Drake. No one insulted his family, especially mentioning Drake's addiction to drugs. And especially when Drake was at home, reeling from the alcohol and drugs that he consumed at the party and had led him into a depressive episode. But as much as Mason wanted to turn and punch Kanen, he knew he had to keep his cool.

"I'll see you at practice." Mason growled and then continued walking, unwilling to further this conversation.

High5ives High5ives

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Moving slightly to the left as the unnamed archer gal left the room, Nova lifted her gaze from the floor as the cutie guitarist spoke up. He was already so nice, something that the small hazel eyed girl was most certainly not used to, but the change was welcome with open arms. People that looked like Mr. Yellow Beanie never took an interest Nova back home, the soft musicians who took their coffee black and wouldn't dare be caught doing any sort of gentle flirting in public. That's how he seemed, at least, this blonde stranger. No, Nova was a magnet for the broken, the ones on the road to recovery, the ones that would show up on her parent's doorstep at two in the morning, which she would sneak up to her room and have three hour long conversations with. The boys who were hard and needed someone soft in their lives, those were the ones who gravitated to Nova. Although she never dated those types... maybe one... the rest were promptly moved to the 'friends only' area of her social pastures.

It wasn't until the blonde, now known to her as Jason, but he likes to be called Jace, offered music lessons that her eyes came back from their enchanted, dazed state. "You would do that for me?" She barely squeaked, smiling wide and biting her lip to attempt to keep it from getting any wider. "I would love to learn, that would be totally awesome! I'm just warning you, I don't know a lot and I don't want to scare you off with my lack of finger range," Nova nearly blurted, stretching her fingers wide to show off how little her hands truly were. Instantly regretting the action, seeing as she knew she probably looked dumb, she physically grabbed her stretched hand with her other and laced her fingers together, letting her arms drop in front of her. "Anyway, yeah I would uh... I would really like that." She nodded, before taking a step towards Jace, closer but not too close. "Can I, in a not weird way, ask for your number Jason who prefers to be called Jace?" Nova smiled wide again, digging her phone out of her pocket and presenting it to Jace, the other hand platformed and ready to receive his phone as well.

Winona Winona

"Yeah. Fucking walk away from me. That's all you do, right?!" Kanen barked, getting in one last jab before he turned around continueing his way down the hallway. Regardless of whatever Mason thought, Kanen would make it on that team. He make that team his, at least for his last year here at the school. All the yelling had however re-awoken Kanen's head ache. He'd need to take something to snuff it out before practice tonight.

"Uh, yeah. I mean, I'd do it for anyone interested in music." Actually, his dad had told Jace he needed to stop being lazy and get a job. So Jace had started teaching some follow classmates and younger kids how to play some instruments. He didn't charge a lot, and he certainly didn't have many clients, but it was fun and it kept his father off his back. Even though, well, his dad wasn't too happy about Jace "not getting a real job." But that was beside the point. Right. Classes. Guitars. Yes. He smiled a bit when she mentioned her fingers, stretching them out. "It's cool. I've worked with people with stubs before." Thankfully, Jace had been blessed with his mother's fingers. Long and thin. He stretched his own fingers at the thought. "Not everyone is gifted like me." He joked.

"Oh, of course." Jace took her phone and carefully put his number in. The whole time it was stressful because Jace may have had a habit of breaking phones, but that was beside the point. After his number was safely in her phone as Jace, he passed it back to her. "Just like, text me when you're free and want to practice. Or want to get that guitar." Jace then turned back to his things, shoving his folder of music back into his backpack and shouldering his guitar. "I'll, uh... I'll see you around. I have... things to do." Well, that sounded suspicious. They were mainly just tucking his guitar away to make sure it would never be harmed.

txlos txlos

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Nova quickly typed her number into Jace's phone, making sure to put a small star emoji next to her name. She used to think it was dorky, but as of late it had become somewhat more normal. She giggled slightly as he too outstretched his fingers, although his managed to span much farther than hers. From here, Nova could see the callouses that lined his fingertips, and the smile that reached his eyes when talking about music. It gave her this odd air of peace that had been hard to find ever since the move to Maine. Passionate people enchanted her, people who put their heart and soul into everything... she used to be like that. The whole reason she wanted to play guitar was because of her singing, but alas, some things are never meant to reach the light. Well that was dramatic of you, Nova, she thought to herself at the 'reach the light' comment her brain so brilliantly came up with.

Grabbing her phone back and handing Jace his, she flashed another meek smile and flipped a stray hair out of her face. "I will definitely see you around," Nova nodded once before cocking her head to the side as the blonde slung his guitar over his shoulder and turned back to her with an awkward smile of departure. His beanie was off from earlier... and it was bugging Nova like no other. "I'm sorry can I just-" The hazel eyed girl cut herself off as she reached up and ever so softly tugged on Jace's beanie, centering it back over a mop of blonde hair. It was better... although as she pulled her hand away her face flushed red. Randomly touching the nice guy's hair without asking... nice one Nova. With one last nod and an awkward wave, the small girl hurried out of the music room and down the hall, head down and eyes on her phone. He was cute, he was very cute, and she hoped she hadn't crossed some sort of weird line that she wasn't aware of.

Too busy thinking about Jace, guitars, and yellow beanies, Nova didn't notice the angry stranger walking down the hall as she turned the corner, instantly colliding into him. It felt like hitting a human sized brick, she didn't even have to look to know that she had just slammed into solid muscle. Her phone flew out of her hand and onto the floor, her face twisting into a cringe, her eyes squeezing shut in prayers that it hadn't broken. "Shit," Nova groaned, rubbing her temple. She wasn't even embarrassed anymore, just upset that she had officially run into two people today. "I'm really sorry, that was totally my bad, I'm-" Nova looked up, physically craned her neck upward to look at the tall man. He was extremely chiseled, and his face was furrowed in what looked like annoyance (or maybe anger) that she prayed she didn't cause. Muscles rippled out of every inch of skin and his hair was perfectly messy. But in the moment, he was a little bit intimidating. Catching her breath and taking a step back, she merely squeaked, "Nova,".

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Sawyer
Sawyer was in the middle of animatedly explaining the breadth of her plan to Ryan when she suddenly came to a complete halt on one tiny detail. Grace's parents. Shit. How was she supposed to get Grace's parents out of the picture so she could do all of this without ruining Grace's life?

"Damnit, except I don't know how her parents-" Then a shining beacon of hope strode into her field of vision in the form of June. Sawyer placed a hand on Ryan's chest to halt him and turned her heel in June's direction. Sawyer didn't know if June knew abou Grace but she was going to try to be as subtle as possible with this in hope that June wouldn't ask too many questions.

"June! Babe! I need your assistance, red!" Sawyer wasted no time in grabbing June by the crook of her elbow and hauling her along down the hallway. She spoke in quick, rapid fire succession that only the most trained ear could probably dissect into actual words.

"IneedyoutohelpwithaplantocheerGraceupbutyourparents-" The rest of her words were a jumbled up mess that only Sawyer herself could know had any meaning. Everything was out in one breath and she paused to actully breath before speaking again, "So whaddya say?"

Dak Dak Moonshadow Moonshadow

Kanen simply reached down, picking up the stranger's phone and taking a moment to brush off the screen. "You are absolutely fine." He assured the girl, laughing to himself softly. His face quickly relaxes into a lazy half smile, the right side of his lip curling upwards ever so slightly, forming a small smirk. "I'd be more worried about your phone than anything else."

He extended his hand out towards her, holding the phone in his palm. "I'm Kanen by the way." His eyes looked over the smaller girl quickly, her eyes catching her attention. "Are you new around here? You've got a bit of an accent, or lack of one I guess." He explained.

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Nova's shoulders relaxed as the stranger's face did, a sigh of relief for both her phone and the kindness of the unknown man. He looked like a man at least... although she was fairly positive that he had to be a student. Nodding in thanks, she took her phone and slipped it into her back pocket, grateful for it's lack of damage. "Nice to meet you Kanen, I'm Nova," She grinned meekly, tucking hair behind her ear, a classic nervous habit. Guys like these were the football jocks back home, the ones that wanted to move to Los Angeles or Chicago, become players in the 'big leagues' and spend their money on hookers. Or maybe she was being judgmental... Kanen already seemed nice enough. Shaking those thoughts from her mind, and in general trying to be a better person, she decided she would have no judgement of Kanen until she knew him a little better... or didn't. "I already said my name, huh? Sorry uh," Nova chuckled at her own stupidity, shoving a hand into her jacket pocket and shouldering her backpack up with the other. "I am new, yeah. I just moved here from Seattle. And you're the first person to notice my lack of said accent."
High5ives High5ives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back