• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Stupid fucking kids." Lewis growled when a knee jerk reaction forced his body to twist and meet the words, training his iron sights on the bare chest of a kid who wasn't even eighteen years old yet. The threat of what could happen if he pointed the gun at Kanen made Lewis pulse with anger, "Does this kid have a death wish?" His mind raced but in the background of his blood thumping, the back door was being crashed into by another member of the police who would certainly shoot the teenager without giving a damn. In a whirlwind of a second, Lewis tossed his gun to the side and launched his body at Kanen, wrapping his waist up in a bear hug as they tumbled to the ground with a crash. Pill bottles and beer bottles went flying everywhere as Lewis wrangled with the teenager, pinning Kanen's left arm between his thighs as he pressed his kneecaps downwards, effectively pinning him without trying to cause damage. The other officer pounced and snatched up his right arm, slapping the cuffs up with a pop. "Lets get him up." Lewis shifted onto his feet and grabbed underneath one of Kanen's arm while the other officer grabbed the other, easily hefting him up on his feet. As he guided the handcuffed teenager through the door, he started advising him of his Miranda Rights and asked if their was anyone they should call for him.

Grace

[IMG='width:364px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/d233e21c1b7596b4767ed0f7ede59026/tumblr_inline_p1oaeaP8141rifr4k_540.gif[/IMG]​

Walking into the school, she avoided eye contact with almost everyone she passed by. Uninterested in them, or the potential conversation they’d want to have. She wondered what was going on with Kanen, her mother said she’ll try to help but. Kate & Grace haven’t talked much. She didn’t bother to ask what happened so Grace just didn’t tell her. Simple as that. It could’ve been the fact that she didn’t want to anyway. It seemed like David was taking lead in the parenting and frankly, it pissed Grace off. She usually isn’t the type to get upset over something that seemed small. Especially when his own daughter is involved, but that didn’t matter. David’s an ass. And that was her personal opinion if anyone had something to say about it, they could take a long walk off a short pier.

So maybe Grace isn’t in the best mood today.. who would in her situation? It was a mixture of anger and guilt. And it wasn’t exactly the best combination. Gripping her bag tighter with one hand she made her way through the halls, she was on her way to her locker when she caught sight of Ash, putting things in her locker. She hesitated for a second. Did Ash even want to talk to her? Maybe she didn’t believe Ryan when he said nothing happened. Maybe she shouldn’t speak to her, what if she’s mad? Or ..hurt.

Won’t know if you don’t try right? Gathering some courage, She approached her cautiously, leaning against the locker near her. “...Hey.” She said with hesitation, “You okay?” She asked. After a long few seconds, she spoke again. “Um.” Grace crossed her arms. Avoiding Ash’s eyes. “Are you upset with me?” She asked, awaiting a reply. She lowered her voice a bit. “If you were thinking that-“ She cut her own self off, looking around the school, attempting to find her words. “Nothing happened.” She blurted out referring to that night. Repeating what Ryan had said, although she didn’t remember much. She started to get a few bits and pieces, here and there..It didn’t clear everything up, but that didn’t matter. The point is, Grace knew she wouldn’t want to hurt Ash, and if drunk Grace and sober Grace are two different people..well, she just hoped that wasn’t the case.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
[IMG='align:right;width:205px;']https://i.ibb.co/cb4mQKP/richards.jpg[/IMG]Jim was getting too old for this sort of thing. Thankfully, Lewis had no problem subduing the teenager single-handedly, and Jim did finally assist his partner once the subject had landed on the hard floor with a terrific thud.

Jim then left the arrest to the younger officers. It was a good thing that he stepped away because he felt a fatherly urge to do the kid real injury. Then he bent down and picked a beer bottle up here and there. He coughed and choked on the dust that obscured the room like a translucent veil. None of the windows were open and there were hardly enough windows to begin with. He stepped over the empty bottle of gin and had a look at some of the prescription bottles and pills strewn across the mouldy carpet. This was no way for a human being to live. Jim doubled back through the labyrinth of clutter and watched them pull the teenager out of the room. They read him his rights. ‘Christ, put a shirt on him,’ Jim said.

* * *​

The ride back to the police station was silent and much of the explosive energy with which the day began had given way to private reflection. In the interviewing room, they’d slogged through the laborious formalities and then followed through with the interrogation:

‘Last Friday you were at the party at Steve West’s residence on 157 Russel Drive. We have multiple witnesses saying that you had supplied the alcohol to the attendants, and judging by the state of you and your house I think we're inclined to believe them.’

Jim folded his hands on the table and looked harshly at Kanen in the eye.

‘It was a back-to-school party, for Christ's sake. Were you aware that many of the kids you were serving were under the legal drinking age? Has it ever crossed your mind that you might be hurting these kids, doing them real harm?' he asked, 'Here, let me jog your memory a little.'

He dipped into his briefcase and pulled out a photo and slid it across the table. It was a print-out of the same near-death photo of Stuart French that Lewis had shown Steve’s kids earlier.

‘Go on, pick it up,' he said, 'Turn it over.’

High5ives High5ives COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Dak Dak

Last edited:
Kanen was a little surprised when the officer suddenly charged him, tackling him down, but the boy wasn't near stupid enough to fight back. Underage drinking was one thing. Hitting a cop? That was a felony. Despite being compliant, the cops seemed all too willing to drag and throw him around.
~~~~~~
The ride to the station went as you'd expect. Kanen was silent, eyes gazing out the window, hands cuffed. In all honesty, he wasn't really afraid of whatever was going to happen. What's the worse they could do? Throw him in some cell? As if that'd be any sort of punishment. It's not like Kanen did much anyways.
After the officer gave his little spiel, formalities, and the accusations, Kanen just leaned back in his chair, eyeing the older man. Even when the cop slid forward a photo, flipped upside down, Kanen didn't seem to care. He didn't even move to look at it.
"Hey fuck head." Kanen began."I wasn't born yesterday. March your ugly ass out of here and get me a lawyer, then maybe we'll have a little chat." Kanen declared. Despite being a drunkard, Kanen wasn't stupid. He wouldn't go through a police interrogation without a lawyer present. Despite these cops having more than enough evidence on him, Kanen was defiant. He refused to just role over.

June
June walked down the halls unsure. Last week was rough and she had to wonder if this is what it was like for those people all the time. Back in her old school, no one blinked when she did anything. Maybe it was because of Grace. She had an air of natural popularity that June had lacked. Somehow that bubble had touched her a little bit. More like a whirlwind. Thinking about Grace put her in a slightly bad mood.

She has all the friends. She has all the boys. She has her own father. What does she have that my own father would be more willing to take care of her rather than me? She felt her hands tighten around her books. And what do I have?

She paused from her thoughts when she passed by a certain someone. Mason. She thought about walking away, maybe he didn’t remember what happened? Would he remember her? Before she could stop herself she walked back to him. “Hey Mason.” She said and pressed her books closer to her chest. “How are you doing? And I was just wondering what happened last night in the laundry room? For some reason I don’t remember.” She laughed nervously, even though she didn’t find anything she said funny.

Winona Winona Soap Soap

Ash glanced over at Grace, but otherwise said nothing. She let her long-time friend talk, and all Ash could think about was... Well, she didn't know what to think. The whole situation had been so out there, and the fact that she remembered barely anything didn't help. Of course, after the headache faded, bits and pieces had started to come back to her. It was not a good night, she had decided. Faintly, she could remember Kanen leaving, some talking with Ryan, and... that was it. That's where her memories ended.

"Okay." Ash said, simply, as she pulled her books out and closed her locker. She took in a deep breath and turned to Grace, struggling to smile as she did so. "Why would I care if something did happen? You don't need to, like, lie to make me feel better or something." Alright, Ash didn't believe her in the least bit, but that didn't matter. She would get over this, she would get over Ryan, just like she had every other boy who she'd thought had liked her, only for them to turn around and cheat. It was the same. And she'd be okay. "I'm happy for you two if it was more than just a one night stand."

After all, she'd only known Ryan for a week, really. And when it came down to it, she hadn't even had any kind of crush or whatever on Ryan. Ash had just been interested it what could've been, and obviously that ship had sailed, and she'd misread some serious signals. But oh well. There were always more fish in the sea.

Soap Soap

Mason had been in his own little world, going over everything he'd need to do today. On top of football practice and his classes, he'd have to get all of Drake's homework.... Of course, Mason was used to covering for his brother during these difficult times. It was just part of his life at this point.

"Oh, hey June." Mason said, glancing at her for a moment while he continued down the hallway. At her question about how he was, he simply shrugged. "The laundry room?" He echoed. "Nothing happened. We talked. I got my pants. And then we went our separate ways for the rest of the party." Well, something like that. Mason had excused himself from her when he found Drake, acting... Well, strange.

He'd hit a low, and he was drunk. Or not drunk, but buzzed. Mason had left June and taken Drake to Jace's room to lay down.

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Grace

[IMG='width:364px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/d233e21c1b7596b4767ed0f7ede59026/tumblr_inline_p1oaeaP8141rifr4k_540.gif[/IMG]​
Grace perked up when Ash finally spoke, she shook her head at her words. "I don't know, you and i talked a bit that night, and i thought that..Well nevermind, i don't know what i thought." She thought that Ash liked Ryan, but she didn't want to say anything about it. She rolled her eyes at being accused of lying, "I'm not lying to make you feel better." she crossed her arms. Grace wasn't the type of person to sugar-coat things, people needed the truth to move on. She understood why Ash didn't believe her, the..evidence was a bit much. If she was in her shoes, of course she'd believe her. But Grace wasn't Ash, but at the end of the day. They were close, they had been since they were kids. But despite being popular. She felt like Ash was the only real friend she had. "I don't even like Ryan." She mumbled.

She sighed heavily, she knew she wasn't going to convince her. She looked offended, as she spoke. "I wouldn't lie." She told her, leaning off the wall. "Not to you." She said. Turning away and walking towards her own locker, It was the truth, and if she didn't see that right now. Maybe she just needed space, Which Grace was happy to give, especially if it meant everything would be back to normal. She huffed a breath, If Ash didn't believe her..What was Sawyer going to think?

Winona Winona

Last edited:
LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Currently: At her locker - Annoyed

The day had actually just started, and already Nova wanted to be back at home, in bed, re-watching the fourth season of Game of Thrones. Her morning had gone terribly, unable to find any of her clothes due to them being in boxes, Kelbi being anxious and whiny which just made her feel bad that she had to leave her poor dog, and of course, mom and dad bickering about the set up of the living room. She had managed to find her black jeans with holes in the knees, brown Doc Martens, faded olive tank top and bulky jean jacket (as if she didn't look small already). Her thumb ring was snug on her right hand and a few others graced thin fingers. And even confident in her outfit, she was still reluctant to drive to school in her '03 Chevy Silverado, the burgundy color faded from Washington's rains. Nonetheless, Nova just wanted to have a good first day... at a brand new school... all the way across the county... where she knew absolutely no one. "Great," she muttered to herself, sticking her head into the slightly rusted locker and letting out a sigh. She had no clue where anything was, no clue why she was having to retake classes that she had taken last year at her old school, and most importantly, had no clue why she had forgotten to eat breakfast. Frustrated, out of sorts, and almost out of phone battery, Nova continued to flip through her papers, looking for the campus map.

Last edited:
Sawyer
5328dbb560809106c6fe865496dd0c38.gif
Sawyer had hoped that she wouldn't have to talk to either Grace or Ryan today, but she should've known better. When Ryan's bike pulled up next to her car she knew immediately that there was no avoiding this. That didn't mean she wasn't going to sit in her car for a few minutes for good measure incase he decided to leave. He didn't. The second she climbed out of the car he was there saying how they needed to talk.

"Yeah....I guess." Sawyer relented after a few seconds debating on whether she should try to book it or not, "So, you know how it looked right?" She didn't wait for him to answer, "I've been pretty pissed off all weekend and ,honestly, I'm tired of it so.....tell me what happened. Tell me the truth." Sawyer honestly was getting pretty tired of being mad, she had never liked being mad at anyone for too long anyway. Sawyer was pretty sure that Ryan would tell her the truth but there was always the small chance that he wouldn't. She was prepared for anything.

Dak Dak

June
She was a little startled by the reply. We just went out seperate ways? But, why don’t I remember anything? I couldn’t of gotten another drink. I barely had a hangover. She looked over to him and tried to remain calm as she spoke. “Oh really? We just... went our separate ways?” She tapped her books as she spoke. “It’s just weird because I don’t quite remember anything past the laundry room. Which is pretty concerning because I didn’t—“ She didn’t even get to finish her sentence as she half collided with someone.

Her books tumbled from her arms and she saw papers flutter out of the person’s hands. Luckily, June was able to catch her footing and turned around. “Oh, I’m so sorry!” June said in a panic.

Winona Winona txlos txlos

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Currently: At her locker - talking with a redhead stranger

So the cafeteria was all the way across campus from her class right before lunch... which was fun. Nova was slowly trying to map out her paths to and from classes when she felt her something knock into her shoulder, her head slamming into the metal framing of her locker and the papers in her hands flying everywhere. "Damn it," The brunette groaned, hazel eyes rolling back a bit as she grabbed her head, a slight grimace on her lips. It wasn't even that it hurt too bad, as much as it was destined to happen to her, in place she had never been. The squeak of an apology came from her right as she bent down to begin picking up papers, hands fuddling quickly so that nothing blew off. "Its okay, it was probably my fault," Nova chuckled, looking up to see a petite redhead, about her height, standing next to a tall, dark haired guy who, in Nova's opinion, could put the Seattle punk scene to shame. He had ice blue eyes, and a nose piercing, which Nova hadn't realized was a weakness of hers until now. Shaking her head a little and picking up the remaining papers on the ground, Nova straightened herself and shook her hair from her face. She figured she might as well start the extinction of the nickname 'new girl'. "I'm Nova by the way, just moved here from Seattle." She quipped with a small smile, grabbing her backpack and slinging it over her shoulder. "Sorry again about the bump, totally my bad."

Winona Winona Moonshadow Moonshadow

Mason was going to reply to her when, out of absolutely nowhere, June somehow managed to bump into another girl. He paused, watching as papers went flying everywhere, and both girls were quick to apologize to one another. It was so refreshing to see something so innocent and sweet when in Mason's experience, bumping into people usually resulted in either physical fights, or a lot of cussing. He stooped down to help the new girl pick up her papers and handed what he'd collected back to her as she introduced herself.

"Nova, huh? Cool name." He responded. "I'm Mason, not from Seattle or anywhere. This is June. Also new girl from a different city in Maine." Mason glanced down the hallway. He did have things to do this morning but instead, he found himself here. With two girls. Which usually would be Mason's dream, but neither girl seemed like the one night stand type, soo... here he was. "So are you like, lost or something? Need help?" God, he was starting to sound like Drake.

Moonshadow Moonshadow txlos txlos

Ryan looked at Sawyer. "What I said Saturday is true. She was drunk. I brought her upstairs and put her to bed." He took a step closer to her. "Look, you're my best friend. You're like my sister, so why would I do something like that when you told me that you had dibs. Besides, you told me what she liked." He said. "So do you believe me or not?" He asked looking at her. Ryan would not have any reason to lie to her. He loved her like a sister. He hoped that she would believe him, but he would understand if she didn't.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Currently: At her locker with June and Mason

A breath that Nova didn't realize she was holding fell from her lips as, who she now knew as Mason, introduced the redhead, June as another new girl. Someone who didn't know many at the school, and maybe someone who was just as afraid as she was. A soft smile fell onto Nova's lips at just the thought. "Well then it looks like you and I can be the new girls together," Nova grinned politely, taking the papers from Mason and nodding to him. "And thanks, my uh, my mom was kind of a hippie." Which was a huge understatement. Brushing her hair away from her face, Nova glanced over Mason once more, taking in what Maine boys were apparently like. They weren't terrible, their pants weren't as skinny as the regulars that crawled the cafes of Seattle, and based off of this boy, Maine boys probably had nice skin due to the humidity, so Nova was already brightening at her odds of surviving this school. She looked back down to her papers and shrugged a bit, fiddling with her thumb ring. "I am a little lost yeah, I'm supposed to be going to biology? Where are you headed?" Nova politely asked both, handing Mason her schedule in hopes that he could point her in the right direction. Already, Nova had a good feeling about June. She had a feeling that this girl would probably end up being her good friend.

Winona Winona Moonshadow Moonshadow

Officer Lewis Wells~

[IMG='width:202px;']http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0YahNnNw9ng/UbKZnap-ExI/AAAAAAAACs4/KabwI-xM0m4/s1600/Boonie.jpg[/IMG]

"Okay Kanen. Listen because I'm gonna sugar coat this kinda shit for you because I was you when I was a kid." Lewis leaned on the corner of the table with his palms pressing into the metal, leaning his body forward, his multi-colored eyes became darkly serious. "I didn't have a mom, she was a junkie who let me suck on her tit then would go load up on some crack from the dealer next door. Dad sure as hell didn't give a shit about me. He was a Hell's Angel, he ran drugs, guns, money... hell daddy even pimped some girls. He taught me all the things I needed in the world was some booze, a pretty girl, and a good bike to get away from the cops." Lewis straightened up tall and folded his arms across his chest as his face darkened into a scowl. "Someone like me came along one day and gave me a good knock on the head, he showed me that I need to change my ways or the life I was leading was going to be short." He ran his fingers through his hair, "By the way it looks... Kanen, you're riding down the same path I was and I promise you, it'll try to kill you more ways then one. So take a look at the picture." Lewis reached down and flipped the photo over, Stuart French hooked up like some mad scientist experiment with tubes going in and out of him. "I'm gonna sound like an ass here but we all need someone to give a hard knock on the head, be a man...change the road you're travelling down and become someone else." Lewis shook his head and hissed a sigh through his teeth before dropping a cellphone down on the table in front of him. "Here, call yourself a lawyer or we'll get you one, but think about what I said and understand your road. If you want to talk, knock on the glass." He peered over at Jim, "Richards, come on, let the kid think." Quietly, without another word, Lewis Wells left the interrogation room and hoped Kanen would think about what he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sybil Weston~

[IMG='width:161px;']https://i.imgur.com/w5LqLkT.jpg[/IMG]

The weekend had been good, actually the weekend had been wonderful for Sybil. Grandma Weston had taken both Hugo and David to her house so the boys could romp around the woods and play soldier, so Sybil took the weekend to just chill out. Their father had finally emailed them from the Alaskan bush, the wolves were proving hard to track down but the weather was holding up and it wasn't to cold. She also took King to do bite work training with the K9 group and went to the range to test out her newest bow that her father had given her, it was tiger maple with a lovely glaze and a bowstring of pure black cord. The bow was perfectly balanced and worked like a charm, it even drew the gaze of some onlookers at the range so Sybil even made some new friends while she was messing around there. Monday came around with a rolling boil, she worked quick to chase everyone out of the house and into her truck so she could get them to school on time. The rumors of a wild party were circulating the halls and her ears pricked up, she was always interested in the going ons of school but she never really liked jumping into that stuff, it just wasn't her thing. Sybil wandered into the music room, she had something for the music teacher but only found Jace inside of the room. "How was that rager of a house party your sister threw?" Sybil laid the paper she had for the teacher on the desk before turning to look at Jace, her intense green eyes glowed with genuine interest, he was as cute as they said.

June
What is happening? Somehow whenever she hung around Mason things just happened. Everything about the world is smooth until she starts talking to Mason, then it turns into all kinds of things being thrown at you. This also new girl named Nova seemed to fall under it. June handed the girl back some of her papers and waved shyly when Mason introduced her. “I mean, I’m sort of new now.” She added on.

Then when the girl reveled she was lost, she glanced over at the schedule he had in his hands and saw the biology class. “Oh, I know where he is. I have him later in the day.” She told Nova. Then proceeded to motion the two to follow her. “I can take you there. And maybe you can tell us what’s it like in Seattle? I’ve never been, but always wanted to see.” She wasn’t sure what made her seem so... friendly? Talkative perhaps? Maybe it was the fact that she was even able to gather up the courage to talk to Mason again after the party.

Winona Winona txlos txlos

Sawyer
q8CGTbL.gif
Of course she believed him. Sawyer had no idea why she'd even thought the worst in the first place. Her gaydar had never failed her and she really needed to learn to trust it. Sawyer leaned back against her car and shook her head with a chuckle, sometimes she was too much of a girl. Stupid hormones.

"Okay, I believe you." She smiled up at Ryan, "I mean like, I don't know why I though that in the first place. She seemed pretty fucking into me from where I was standing. No need to get all sappy on me now, brother, but I love ya too." She laughed again and turned around to pull her backpack out of her car.

"Speaking of being into people," She turned back around and sthrew an arm over Ryan's shoulder and pulling him off toward the doors of the school with her, albeit a bit awkwardly due to the slight height difference between them, "You're totally into Ash. Which, by the way, good choice. Did you talk to her at all last night?" She questioned just as they entered the doors.

Dak Dak

Kanen basically shrugged off whatever the second officer had said. What did he know? He couldn't possibly understand what ran through Kanen's head, how could he? He let the man go on with his little rant, sitting quietly until the man was done. "Eat a dick." He finally muttered at the end.
Kanen didn't look at the photo until both men had left the room. Curiosity took hold, and Kanen found himself reaching for the photo, pickling it up to get a better look at it. It took Kanen a moment, but as soon as Kanen recognized Stu, he felt his heart sink in his chest. Suddenly Kanen felt sick. He face paled, he felt incrediblely light headed. Guilt overwhelmed him, washing away his defiant attitude like a flood.
Kanen didn't give a rats ass about himself, but Stu was just some innocent kid. Whatever had happened to him, happened because Kanen had left the kid alone with a bunch of drunk teenagers. If Stu was hurt, Kanen held himself responsible.
~~~
Not even five minutes later, Kanen stood up from the metal desk, walking over to the one-way glass and tapping his knuckles. "I uh...I want to talk..." He muttered.

Ryan was basically leaning over her as she led him inside. "The night of the party yeah, but last night nah. I honestly think she doesn't like me like that. Like the whole rumor and shit. She seemed pretty pissed Saturday morning." He said as her arm hung over his shoulder. He didn't like this position. "Any chance is gone now."He said opening the door for Sawyer. "Eh. fuck it. It's not like we did anything anyway." He said looking on the brighter side. Ryan was lucky, they only had one class with her, and it was at the end of the day. He would just act like she isn't there or anything. "Now about Grace. Got a plan to make her feel better?" He said knowing that Grace wasn't feeling really well. "The genius Sawyer always has a plan." He said remembering that Sawyer had a plan for everything.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Jace hadn't been paying attention to anyone coming in. He'd been leaned over a sheet of music, quietly running his eyes over it again and again where it laid on the table in front of him. And then, out of nowhere, someone decided to sneak up on him. Jace yelped in surprise, jumping, hitting his knee on the table, and successfully knocking his papers to the ground. He spun around, eyes wide, and tried to lean back against the table like a cool kid, but leaned a little too much and almost toppled back. Of course, Jace quickly caught himself, awkwardly folded his hands in his lap, and looked at this weird girl who popped in.

"Uh, the rager? Right. That thing." Jace sighed, and then stepped away from the table, picking up his dropped music sheets. "It went horrible, but that's typically what happens when you add kids plus alcohol." He replied, and set the sheets back on the table before he tried to look back at the girl. But nerves being nerves, Jace soon found himself arranging and rearranging his music sheets, and then quietly running his fingers along his guitar, until his fingers finally started pulling at the edges of his yellow beanie.

COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

--------------------------------------------------------

Mason shook his head when June offered to walk her, and seemed to imply he'd be coming along. As if. He had things he needed to do. "I gotta go get Drake's homework, but I'll catch you two later. Have fun." He replied, offering a little half-smile -- which was really hard to get out of Mason in the first place -- to June and Nova before he turned and headed down the hallway in the opposite direction. Wow. This year was going well with the cute new girls just falling into Mason's lap.

And yet, for some reason, he found himself unable to pursue anything. He was broken. Yep. That was the only explanation for what was happening to Mason. His mind and thoughts were too gummed up with what was happening with Drake, and what he needed to do to get Ariana. So here he was, stuck, and unable to move on.

txlos txlos Moonshadow Moonshadow

-------------------------------------------------------

Chief West had decided it was his mission to get to the bottom of this Kanen fiasco, and to find out why so many classmates seemed so determined to try and stand up for him and take part of the blame. Sure, it made sense for Ryan. They were both cut from the same dirty cloth, but to think that his daughter had begged him not to do anything too bad left West completely lost. So he'd let his officers bring the kid in and shake him up, but now it was West's turn.

"Get back to work. I'll deal with this kid." He told Lewis and Richards as he pushed past them and headed into the room once Kanen had said he was ready to talk. West closed the door after him and stood there for a moment, looking this kid over. Oh, he was rough looking alright, and Chief West found himself even more dumbfounded as he approached the chair opposite Kanen and took a seat. He waited once more for a moment, shaking his head as he looked at Kanen.

"I have no idea why the hell your classmates would try to take the fall for you." Chief West finally said. "I returned home and found not only a lot of alcohol, but also prescription drugs and the marijuana." Once again, he found himself shaking his head. "I could easily lock you up for life for that, but I won't. Because when I found that, you know what happened? My daughter begged me to hide it. So I did. I, chief of police, hid evidence for her because for some dumb reason, she thinks you're worth it." Chief West leaned back in his chair, folding his hands over his stomach as he continued to speak. "And then that other dumb boy just like you tried to get us to take him instead. He tried to take the blame for you. And I just... I don't get it."

"So, Kanen, tell me. Why does my Ashton, that scumbag Ryan, and all your other classmates seem to determined to keep you out of prison?" Of course, no matter what Kanen's answer was, West had the same plan for him.

High5ives High5ives COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Dede Dede

LPjF.gif

Nova Abrisst
Nova smiled and gave a small wave as Mason departed, leaving her with June, which she wasn't complaining about in the slightest. She liked the petite redhead already. "So June," Nova sighed, looping her arm through June's and pulling her a little closer, the soft denim of her jacket making the softest of sounds. "You're from around Maine, you at least know the vibe of the place. What's it like? What's there to do?" Nova inquired as she pulled a lemon bar from the front pocket of her bag, taking it out of the Ziploc that her mother had so lovingly put it in for her. It's not like Nova was much of a party animal, she would much rather have a few people over for a movie night if she was going to be social, but she figured small talk was better than nothing when it came to making friends. This high school had such a weird aura to Nova, everyone seemed either really on edge or too relaxed to be in a school... but June seemed just right in the middle. People were too busy bustling to notice her, or at least she hoped, and that was okay with her too. Nova's goal was just to escape the label of 'new girl', and if she could do that, she would be satisfied. Splitting the lemon bar in half and offering one half to June, she took a bite of her piece and, as nonchalantly as she could, peppered in, "Also, if ya don't mind me asking... what's Mason's deal?"

Moonshadow Moonshadow

After notifying the police that he wanted to talk, Kanen wad returned to his seat at the table, patiently waiting for someone to come in. Kanen wasn't sure how long it was before the door opened, prompting Kanen to look up. He had been ready to sign a confession right then and there, but seeing the Chief of Police come in came as a shock. Kanen recognized him as Ash's dad, which only made Kanen feel worse about things.
Mr. West had just stood there for a moment, staring down at Kanen. Kanen opened his mouth to say something, but the words caught in his throat. Luckily, Mr. West started talking.
As Mr. West began talking about the alcohol, and then the drugs, Kanen's gaze dropped. He started down hard at his hands. It wasn't until Mr. West brought up Ash that Kanen looked the man in the eye. Kanen felt dumbstruck, even more so when Mr. West mentioned Ryan too. Kanen didn't know what to say about it. He didn't even know what to think. Kanen just couldn't understand why Ash would step up, or why Ryan would risk jail time...
"I never meant to hurt anyone..." Kanen finally choked up. His head fell again, Kanen couldn't look the other man in the eyes. "I promise. I never wanted anyone to get hurt..." His fingers fumbled over the photo officer Richard's had left behind. Kanen found himself looking down at Stu's photo. "He's going to be ok? Right?" Kanen asked, though it wasn't really a question. More of prayer. Begging whatever God that Stu would be ok.
"I'll confess. All of it. The drugs. The alcohol. Ryan didn't do anything. It was me...sir." The words seemed to fly from Kanen's as he spoke. Kanen didn't want to do any of this anymore. People were getting hurt. Kanen didn't want to be the reason someone else cried themselves to sleep...

Sybil Weston~

[IMG='width:160px;']https://i.imgur.com/w5LqLkT.jpg[/IMG]

Sybil just smiled and watched him fidget around his music sheet then pluck at the stings of his guitar before finally settling in on picking at his beanie. "You know that yellow makes your eyes glow." She laughed softly before sitting down in the chair across from him, sitting backwards with her arms balanced on the back of the chair. "How good do you think you could serenade me with that guitar?" Her head cocked to the slightly, letting a few strands of hair cover her eyes before she pushed them behind her ear with her fingertips.

Winona Winona

Chief West's tough bravado faded a bit as Kanen spoke, obviously feeling guilty for what he had done. He then noticed that the tape recorder was still on and stopped it before continuing the conversation. He'd have to deal with that damn thing later. "Yes, Stuart should be fine. He's still in the hospital at the moment, but he'll be alright." At least, West thought that he'd be fine. He wasn't actually sure. "I k ow you're sorry and you didn't mean to hurt anyone... Which is why we're not going to put you behind bars." Maybe the kid did have a heart.

"Don't tell anyone about the drugs, alright? I'm risking a lot not mentioning them to keep you out of jail." West explained. Oh, the things he did to keep Ash happy. "Instead, we're putting you on probation. No alcohol, no drugs. You'll be subjected to random screenings to make sure there's nothing in your system and if we find even an ounce of anything, into jail you go." Chief West hadn't mentioned this to the other cops, but right now, he didn't care about whatever their opinions on this would be.

"And no more skipping classes. Perfect attendance from here on out. Also, I'd like you to join an extracurricular. From my understanding, you used to be on the football team?" Chief West had put way too much time into this punishment. "After school Monday, the coach had agreed to let you tryout. Don't mess it up. And finally..." He hesitated before saying the last part. "Is there anywhere you could go instead of your step mother's house?"

High5ives High5ives

----------------------------------------------

Jace's eyes widened. He had no idea of how to respond to this, and felt kind of panicky at what was happening. Now he felt uncomfortable about his beanie, although he still kept one hand on it, playing with it. "Umm... okay..." He said slowly, and then his cheeks turned bright red at the serenading part. "I-I... No. Can't. I don't.... S-serenade. No." Jace hardly played in front of others, let alone serenade. "Y-you..." He cleared his throat. "Name?"

COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

Users who are viewing this thread

Back