West Blue Arc: Zoomania

Alex, Mac, Teri and Keya
Collab: Mitchs98 Mitchs98

The three kids made their way out of the house in no time flat, wanting to have their super secert meeting as soon as possible. Of course they can't have their secert meeting where outsiders other than Keya could possibly hear them. That just wouldnt do. As soon as they three ran out the house they made their way a distance from said house. The trio came to a halt when they were under several trees right at the edge of the woods.

Keya followed after the kids once they rushed out of the house. She wasn't entirely sure where they were going to go. Honestly with these kids it could be anywhere on the island. Nonetheless she had no problems catching up with them, really if she knew where exactly they were going she could outpace them by a long shot. Once at the edge of the woods she assumed this was where they were going to discuss things. "Alright then kiddos. What's the plan?" The dwarf asked with a wide grin on her face, eager to kick some ass and save some animals. Provided of course the animals DIDN'T actually migrate...but even Keya was smart enough to know that was quite the long shot.

When they were all together Mac looked around once more to make sure they really were alone before she sat on the ground and looked at Keya. "We think, that someone is taking all the animals here. We dont know exactly where however!"

"They might be in the deep part of the woods." Teri siad before Mac could finsih which made her glare in his direction. "What?"

"I was going to say that after a dramatic pause. Do you know nothing of being an agent?!"

".........Anyway. We aren't really sure. Its just once when we were on the look out we saw a ship come to the island some time ago."

"Several weeks, numerous days, not recently at all." Alex mumbled as he played with his hands. "But um...we haven't seen it leave since then. I mean we could have probably missed it. Especially if it left at night....but its dangerous to sail at night and ya um..."

"What makes it weirder is that was the last ship to come to our island, well, not including the one you were on."

"Will you guys let me speak!!!" Mac shouted as she crossed her arms. "I'm the leader I'm suppose to give the mission briefing..."

"Then give it already."

"I would! If soooooome people would stop talking over me!"

"Oh...um..sorry I just wanted..okay then."

"Mac come on we need to hurry this up. We finally have someone who will listen."

"I know!" Mac snapped before looking back at Keya with a smile. "Anyway, I think the last ship to come here was about, four weeks ago. And, maybe a bit longer. It was around then more animals then normal started to just vanished..."

Keya sat still for once as the kids started explaining what they THOUGHT was the issue. Though it likely was, and honestly she had nothing to argue against it that it wasn't, so she was inclined to believe them. She giggled as they started arguing, which of course was always pretty funny to watch and listen to. They reminded them a lot of the kids at her old village, always arguing and fighting though really still best friends. When they mentioned the ship she arched a brow. Mysterious ship, animals disappearing, no other ships for a while?

Yeah that definitely sounded suspicious to the dwarf. When they finally finished talking she nodded slightly to herself. "Well in that case I say we, well...case the ship and see what's up." She replied. "It's the most logical decision, and well since I'm tiny it'll be easy enough. You guys are fairly small too." She explained. "We snoop around, ask some questions, spy on the ship a bit, then come up with a better plan if that is where the animals are." She said. "Sound good..?" She asked.

At the suggestion the kids went quiet for a bit before exchanging glances. After a moment Alex spoke up. "It sounds good, but....we aren't allowed past the fence. Its dangerous over there and we aren't good fighters." He said softly as he poked his fingers together.

"And Ms Rosa will get pretty mad at us...." Teri continued.

"And if there really are bad people hurting the animals, I don't know if we could help, assist, be of use. I mean I would love to help! But.....i know i cant do much."

"As leader it's my job to keep these two safe. We can show you the fence in the forest, but that's as far as we can go," Mac added.

Keya listened to the kids, understanding of them. They were indeed just kids even if they did want to help the animals with everything they had. Whilst she wasn't the BEST fighter, she did at-least have training and she could outrun really any human unless she was trapped or tricked. It was likely for the best that she did go by herself as they said. She didn't want them getting hurt, not actually caring if they got in trouble, but if they got hurt or even killed because of her she wouldn't forgive herself.

She smiled brightly at them and nodded, "That's fine, I understand!" She told them cheerfully. "You guys are kids after all, I don't mean that as an insult or teasing or anything either. It's best you don't get mixed up in fighting." She said. "Lead the way to the fence and I'll do what I can do~" She told them, ready to kick ass and figure out just who had been stealing the animals.

Alex, Teri, and Mac each gave Keya a determined nod before the trio began to lead their dwarf friend to the gate. Once there, the kids quickly noticed the adult sized hole in the fence the gate was in. "I hope that was made by your friends, allies, comrads...," Alex said.

Keya followed swiftly behind the kids, eyes curiously scanning her surroundings. Everything was much different than the island she grew up on but she wasn't actually that concerned by that, no. She was looking for any kinds of clues she could use to maybe solve this mystery. Before long they reached the gate and she stared blankly at the hole left in it, "..I hope so too." She replied. She sighed gently before giving them all a bright smile. "If I'm not back in a while tell everyone where I went alright?" She told them, waving before dashing off and out of sight, also being careful just in-case there were any traps. Whatever was going on, she was determined to figure it out or probably get captured trying. Either one.

Cait, Sora, Grump, and Not So Grump
Cait was surprised by Tristan's introduction. She was used to people reacting negatively at the sight of her fishman features. "Uh...," she started to reply. "If you join the crew I'll let you trim it, I like it long." Long hair made her look more like her mother. She turned her attention back to the grumpy man after Tristan mentioned dealing with him. She noticed that he was beginning to look even more angry than before.

The grumpy man was having none of it, especially from Xiao. "I'll give ya two fricken good reasons for being aggressive. One, we're getting paid for hauling out the animals, and two, you shouldn't be here!" The angry man waltzed right up to Sora and grabbed him by the collar. "Now get out of here before I REALLY GET ANGRY!"

The not so grumpy companion facepalmed.

Sora held out an arm to stop the others from dog piling on their grumpy "friend." "You seem pretty angry to me already. Can it really get worse?" Sora asked.

"Meh."

"SHUT UP!"

Suddenly something snapped within the angry man, causing a silly looking tussle erupted between Sora and the angry man. Albi ran over to Sora and began to growl at the grouchy man. She tried to bite the other man's leg, but kept having to dodge the frantic moving feet of her opponent and her owner.

While Albi's attention was distracted by Sora's feet, the grouchy man accidentally put his foot down on top of her. Sora heard something crack, like bones, and quickly realized it was Albi due to her whimper. Sora quickly pushed the grumpy man away.

The grumpy man looked like he was about to taunt, but the sound of a trumpet in the distance caused him to freeze. It wasn't a normal trumpet, the sound came from an elephant. "Shit... he woke up," the angry man swore, though none of this registered in Sora's mind. He was too busy focusing on Albi.

"No, no, no, no," Sora panicked as he knelt down beside the trampled Albi. She was still breathing, so that was a good sign. "There has to be an animal doctor in the village," he thought as he gently scooped up Albi. "I got to go find some help for Albi, uh...," he started to look at his crewmates, his gaze stopped at Cait. She seamed responsible enough. "Cait, you're in charge while I'm gone," he added before bolting off back toward the village.

"Eh?" Everything happened so fast. Cait had to mentally change gears from wanting to fight, to concern for Albi, to accepting responsibility. "Aye, aye, Captain," she barked back at Sora as he was leaving. She quickly turned her head to see where the two hunters had gone and spotted them almost out of view. "After them! I bet they'll lead us to the missing animals," Cait ordered as she began to chase after the strange duo.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky AllHailDago AllHailDago Refaulted Refaulted

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Phantophobition Phantophobition (They'd be able to hear the elephant trumpet)

Meanwhile at the poacher base

Leeroy Jenkins, Lynn T. Lizer, and Pockets the Clown
Three individuals crowded around the elephant in the cage. One was a chiseled older man with blonde hair, blue eyes, a bushy mustache, and wearing rugged outdoorsy clothes. The second was a woman a little younger than the man. She had black hair tied back in a ponytail and a lifeless look in her brown eyes. She was wearing a white doctor's coat over a light blue jumpsuit. The third individual was a male that looked like a clown in full makeup. He also had pockets all over his clown uniform.

"The damn elephant is waking up, Dr. Lizer." Leeroy said, impatiently stating the obvious.

"I know, sir," Lynn replied in a monotone and calm voice.

"Well, you need to tranquilize it before it trumpets again. I'm sure the whole village heard that thing."

"I was working on that. The problem is I've already tranquilized the elephant multiple times to keep him quiet. His body is getting more and more used to it. I'll have to use another method." Dr. Lizer explained, still with her usual monotone voice.

"Then do it already."

"Easy there, boss,"
the clown cackled. "If you're worried about the villagers, I'm sure the local hunters you payed off will keep them at bay. In the meantime lets leave the elephant in the capable hands of tranquil Lizer." The clown gestured toward the doctor as he mentioned her. "In the meantime, I'll start pocketing the other critters." After a flamboyant bow, the clown was off toward the other caged critters. He stopped next to a cage with a sleeping bear in it. After touching the bear and the cage, both animal and object began to shirk and stopped once they reached pocket size. He then stuck the fun-sized caged bear in one of his many pockets before moving on to the next critter. This could only be the work of a Devil Fruit.

"Fine," Leeroy said. "I'll leave you to it, Dr. Lizer. Just let me know if things get...complicated." Complicated; The word left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Of course, sir." Lynn replied with a nod. "I could try an herbal approach, but it'll take a couple minutes to kick in."

Leeroy nodded back, before leaving the doctor to her work. He pulled out his transponder snail, which had a feminine appearance that corresponded with his own. He activated the snail and waited for the person on the other end to pick up.

"Hello sweet pea. Daddy's job is going to last a little longer than originally anticipated. I'll pick you up at the village once we're done here," he said sweetly.

Last edited:
The Hatter: Risa Talone
After calling out and after walking on board the ship which had brought her so many customers, Risa found that she discovered that she truly was alone on the deck. If anyone was around, they would’ve responded. She wasn’t the kind of person to search every corner to confirm her suspicions; she was content just accepting that no one was aboard.

It wasn’t what she would’ve expected of the few crewmembers that she had met, though. They just hadn’t seemed like the kind of people who would’ve left their whole ship unguarded. It was not an advisable plan even in a port that was not known for thieves. Even when there weren’t whispers of them, thievery was everywhere. In fact, were she not an honorable business woman, Risa might have considered it herself.

‘I could leave them some hats in exchange, I suppose. That’d be a fair trade.’

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that she liked that plan. It would give her something to do, she could be as creative as she wanted with the hats she was going to “trade,” and there was nothing anyone could do to stop her… not really, at least. And if the crew suddenly showed up, Risa would have hats ready for them and she would still manage to get her fair payment out of the situation in the end.

Yes, that sounded like a plan.

With a brilliant smirk on her face, Risa called out one more time to anyone who might have been on the ship. “I’ll be back!”

And then she was on her way back to her stand.

Syrin Insinu & Lilic Jenkins
A collab with shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Lilic followed Syrin closely as he lead her to the hat shop. "T...thanks for helping me Syrin," she said shyly. "I've been on this island for a little while, but I still feel like I've never set foot here before. A...are you a local?" she asked. "Ummmm.....I probably would have remembered meeting you before if you were....Did you return from a vacation? O...or are you visiting someone?"

"It's truly not a problem. And to answer your question, I'm simply a traveler who happened to get stuck on one ship for an unforeseen amount of time." Syrin absently rubbed his arm as he continued to lead Lilic towards the hat stand.

"A...a traveler?" she said, mulling the word over. In a way she was a traveler too. "S...sounds exciting. All the different people to meet, all the different foods, a...and clothes!"

Humming for a moment as he thought back on his travels, he responded, "I suppose so... Honestly, to me it seems that the more I see the more things seem to be exactly the same. People aren't all that different, food is just food, and the sense of style out at sea is pretty much uniform, no pun intended. Maybe I'm just too grim to appreciate it all..." Towards the end he seemed to be musing.

"I...if you say so...," Lilic added shyly. "But your traveling experience sounds like it's better than being dragged around by your father...even though I know he loves me," she shyly muttered.

Lilic's train of thought began to think about her father. She was only on the island because of his job here. As if on cue, she heard the sound of an elephant's trumpet. The sound wasn't as loud as actually standing next to one, but it was loud enough for her to stop and turn her attention to the forest. She stood there for a second, unaware if Syrin noticed that she stopped or not.

The villagers noticed the sound too. "Was that an elephant?" one of them asked. "You just wish it was," another one replied. "That sound was made by the wind. There's probably a storm front nearby. The animals migrated remember? But I'm sure they'll come back when they're ready."

Syrin did in fact notice Lilic stopping, partly due to him stopping and turn towards the forest, suspicion creeping into his eyes. "And here I was told all the animals were gone... Hmm."[/color] Turning towards Lilic, he raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you think it was? It seemed like an elephant, or some animal similar enough to it. Though an elephant in this kind of place is weird in of itself..." Once again, he begins musing towards himself towards the end.

"It was the wind, t...though I hear elephants are actually native to this island " Lilic quickly replied. "A...are we almost at the hat stand?" she asked. She wanted to get moving again, but didn't dare to walk past Syrin because she'd end up lost otherwise.

"I see..." Syrin obviously wasn't convinced what with the earlier incident in the forest, plus he knew what storms and wind sounded like. But Lilic seemed like a nice, if nervous and shy, girl so he'd at least make an attempt at not falling back to his usual attitude with her. He mentally just decided that the trip to this island was a vacation and he'd be back to usual self after. That confirmed in his mind, he responded to Lilic's question. "Yeah, we're almost there, a few minutes tops." That said, he continued leading her to the stand.

With Syrin's help, Lilic made it to the hat stand only to find that it looked closed. She let out a disappointed sigh, but put on a brave face as she addressed Syrin."It doesn't look like the owner's here. I...if you have something else to do, I understand. I'll wait here in case the owner comes back," she said. "T...thanks for the help," she added with a polite bow.

Glancing at the closed shop, then back at Lilic, a sigh was immediately squashed. Lethargically rubbing his hair, Syrin shook his head and leaned against the stand. "I really don't have anything better to do, and you seem to be in need of some company. That is, if you don't mind?"

"I...I don't mind," Lilic shyly replied. "J...just don't expect a s...smooth conversation." She sat down on a nearby bench and started to swing her legs as she hummed. She seamed like she was thinking about conversation starters when her transponder snail began to ring. She pulled it out, revealing a snail that looked like it had a bushy, blonde mustache.

"Hello sweet pea. Daddy's job is going to last a little longer than originally anticipated. I'll pick you up at the village once we're done here," a male voice said.

"I understand papa...," she replied. The conversation was left short as the man hung up after saying "I love you." Lilic put the transponder snail back into her pocket and went back to leg swinging and humming.

Syrin just gave an amused snort to her initial statement, all while continuing to lean lazily against the stand, closing his eyes and listening to Lilic hum. When the relative peace was interrupted by the snail call, Syrin opened an eye and gazed at Lilic. As she finished, he closed his eye and thought. "So, how long have you been on this island?"

"A c...couple weeks," she simply replied. "Y...you'd think I'd be used to the village's layout by now, but I'm not. P...pappa says I was born with a broken internal compass."

"Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not knowing where you're going leads you to exactly where you're supposed to be."

Grump, Not so Grump, Xiao, and Cait
Collab: @Azure Sky

The grumpy man stood frozen for a second while the elephant trumpet rang in his mind. If he wasn't focusing on that he would have felt a little bad about stepping on Albi, if only because it's not a good poaching practice to rough up the merchandise if you're going to sell a live animal.

The grumpy man was snapped out of his mental haze when he felt his not so grumpy companion tap him on the shoulder. "Let's go," not so grump said. The grumpy man nodded and started to run with his ally toward the poaching compound in the forest. The grumpy man swore under his breath as he ran.

The two poachers had one thing in mind. Regroup with the other poachers and help fortify the compound. They were about to company soon.

"Bullet Spectre." Xiao appeared behind the two poachers in a flash, put his paws in the back of their heads, and proceeded with slamming them both face-first into the ground, at full force. He was angry, and he was also done with the warnings.

The not so grumpy poucher quickly lost conciousness after being slammed to the ground. The grumpy one, on the other hand, looked like he had a little fight left in him. He didn't look happy once he realized he was on the ground and hobbled to his feet.

"Nobody messes with my brother," grump said as he pulled out a knife. "Once I'm done with you, I'm going to make take that fur of yours and turn it into a freakin jacket."

Grump lunged at Xiao with his knife ready to strike, though after the forceful faceplant, it was more like he was wildly hobbling toward the pandaman.

"Hmph." Xiao snorted, as he used his bamboo staff to perform his Orochi Bamboo technique. With peculiar movement, his staff looked like it multiplied 7 times, while also moving in a simingly fluid manner, as if there were 7 snakes. He hit the man's hand strongly, forcing him to drop his knife. But he wasn't done.

"Gatling Paw!"

The pandaman quickly put the staff behind his back, in his staff holder, and launched a fury of paw strikes towards the poacher. His attacks where so fast, that they gave the impression Xiao's paws multiplied. He hit the man continuously and without mercy. At some point, someone needed to stop him, because, for some reason, it didn't look like Xiao would have stopped any time soon.

"Xiao, stop!" Cait called out as she got inbetween the now unconscious-and-bloodied angry man and her pandaman crewmate. "I get it. You're angry at him. I am too, but punching him over and over again isn't going to solve anything now."

He was lost in rage for a short while, forgetting to reason, but Cait's words brought him back on the right track. Xiao snapped out of it, looked at the man on the ground, and then at Cait. He was ashamed, and felt like such a hypocrite. Not too long ago, he told the half-fisherwoman something similar. Xiao, of course, wasn't angered by words, but by actions. Nonetheless, he let his anger get the best of him. He acted like a beast, and he regretted it. Sure, the two men where human trash, but he wasn't the one who was supposed to judge them.

"I am sorry." he said.

Cait flashed Xiao a reassuring smile and placed a hand on his shoulder, letting him know that she wasn't mad at him. Though with the two poachers now knocked it, it looked like the Red Waves would have to find the poacher compound themselves.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Refaulted Refaulted QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Zeon G. Zephyrfield

At the sound of nature's mighty grey trumpet, a pair of eyes closely resembling green became a sign of life from the now awakened Zeon. He could tell with a few brief looks that not much time had passed post-calm session, which hardly explained the lack of sleep-induced imagination he normally enjoyed. This in-particular had our Rainbow Adventurer staring at the palms of his hands for awhile. No dreams huh... Weird... Then it hit him. Turned out the lack of dreams was because of the current situation he dove head first into and the very sound that woke him up. Zeon never saw an elephant in real life before much less heard their sound, but with the help of picture books and his over-extended family, he figured that an elephant woke him up.

It was then that the conversation between Sora and the Shopkeeper came to mind. "Why is there no meat here? I'm fine with people not eating it, I just have a hard time believing that everyone in this village doesn't eat meat. Shouldn't there be at least one stand that sells it? Meat isn't the only thing missing but several other things like eggs for one." "Stop ya complaining, we aint got no meat because we aint got no meat. Dem animals and the like gon else where for a bit so ya got to make due with what we got." "How we find that? The hunters of course one day just stopped all together to not go in them jungle to get animals though this was after the animals went all hush on us. Said something about them not being worth the risk they were gone and the like." "They just stopped all of a sudden???" "Are there wax in ya ears? That's what I just said innt?" Zeon grabbed his knees, slightly pushing down on his still folded legs. It certainly wasn't rocket science that the animals were still here but it's good to have your statement cemented by fact. Actions speak louder than words they say. Zeon slowly rose to his feet and began to dust himself off, picking up his bag and as usual stealthily observing his surroundings. ....nothing had changed. It was like to them animals never existed in the first place. This made Zeon towards the sun as if yearning for a sign, as his thoughts came cluttering together once more.... What was going to happen next... What was the next move?

This sucks. Upon opening his bag, Zeon relieved it of Ruth's journal. He started circling the area Sora's letter said to meet, right when he picked out the black-haired man he sailed the Lucky Nova with, leaning against the familiar stand that nagged at his very being while chatting with a girl. Hm. Shortly after that he caught sight of the uniquely dressed individual who offered him his dream hat. Zeon face-palmed as his non-existence dreams illustrated as a paper in his mind began tearing itself to shreds. How could I have forgotten such a priceless item....?? Wait... maybe they went to the ship trying to find me. Yes, that makes sense! I bet they have the hat placed aside neatly for its owner to pick it up! After all, that wouldn't be good business otherwise, and they seemed pretty psyched. He watched as the hatter made their way over, as he stood in plain sight. Zeon waved to get their attention.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Tristan Roads

Join their crew? As in a pirate crew?

Not answering right away, Tristan pondered the notion. He’d been a pirate before in his youth—a member of different crew whose ultimate goal had been the Grand Line. It wasn’t as if he hated that life. Perhaps he did at first, but one person made life aboard that ship worth living. A friend whom he walked away from in order to pursue a different path in life. Yet his past had come back to haunt him…which was why he’d left the Smiling Aphrodite

No. Not haunt. Fill in the emptiness I’d been feeling these last couple of years.

Tristan frowned when a crack was heard, along with the pained cries of the helpless animal under-boot. Grump had zero class. Sora, the crew’s captain, and apparent owner of the animal, scurried away to get it treated leaving the fishwoman called Cait in charge. Her orders had been to follow the two poachers to their animal-stealing base. However, the walking panda had different ideas and decided to punish the ones tht harm their…pet? Sliding his weapons back into the crossed scabbards fastened to his back, Tristan observed the dynamics of the crew he was invited to join.

He liked the girl Cait. He was interested in working with Fishman hair.The loyalty and skill displayed by the Panda-man was nice. But whether he joined the crew as a permanent member…that depended on where they were headed. Truth was, he’d been searching for crew as well. Didn’t even have to be a pirate crew. Just one brave enough to venture into the Grand Line.

Hefting Seth over his shoulders, Tristan approached Cait and the Panda-man. He pointed ahead into the foliage. “That’s the direction the elephant sound came from. If we just continue in that direction, we’ll probably run into it eventually. There are only so many places that can hide an elephant.” His finger then raised to the sky. “Or we can try asking the flying ninja up there if he sees anything...” Tristan paused as if realizing something. Then he smirked. “Just out of curiosity, is he a member of your ragtag crew as well, Lovely? ”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505
AllHailDago AllHailDago
@Azure Sky
Felix Felix

Norman Newman, Hawky, and Cait Merlin

Everything in the sky had been going great with Hawky. Flying so high always gave Norman a great sense of freedom and adventure, sometimes making him a lil jealous he couldn't just up and fly solo. Imagine all the crazy cool assassinations he could pull of flying out of the sky! SWOOSH, ARRRGH, dead guy cut in half by the worlds greatest flying assassin, Norman the Super Ninja Guy! Norman did a big swingy ninja kick in time with his thoughts.That was when things in the sky went decidedly NOT great.

Hawky lost grip of him when he did his ninja kick, dropping him at hundreds of feet in the air much to her distress. She was NOT gonna let friend get splatted all over the forest floor. She dived down after the now not so joyously screaming friend. She was almost sure she wouldn't catch him at the rate friend fell, but at about thirty feet up she grabbed a hold of his clothing and flapped as hard as she could to let him down gently. The result was not what she intended.

Norman was sure he would've died if it weren't for Hawky, and that would've been no way for the world's best ninja to die. Instead however she stopped his fall a short distance from the ground. For a few moments at least. After a second of her flapping he heard tearing noises and felt his shirt tear abruptly. It came completely off his body and he fell roughly to the ground fifteen feet below, face first. He landed with a giant, "OOOF!"

"Yep, he's a part of our crew," Cait replied to Tristan after witnessing Norman's crash landing. She then walked up to her fallen crewmate and crouched down to offer him a hand. "Are you alright, Norman?" she asked, sounding concerned.

Norman groaned for a second and accepted Cait's hand up. When he was finally standing he seemed to realize he was shirtless and his eyes widened almost comically. His hands shot up to touch his face, but he relaxed a bit when he found his scarf still masking the bottom half of his face. He unceremoniously dusted the rocks and sticks off his chest and out of his hair. Dirt stung in several cuts but he ignored them the way lame injuries deserved. "Thanks Cait!"

"That's what friends are for," Cait replied with a smile. It faded away as she noticed the scars and burns on Norman's exposed flesh. It looked like he had been through a lot. She cast her glance aside and noticed the bird that was with him. "I hear this is your pet. Did she fly all the way here herself? I don't remember seeing her on the ship," she asked, smile now returned.

Norman tilted his head curiously as Cait looked at him, but then she asked about Hawky, who had just landed near them. She still had the remnants of his shirt in her mouth. He let out a stifled giggle and gently pet Hawky's head, soothing her obvious guilt. "No, this is Hawky. She's not my pet. She's.... a partner of sorts. On my home island birds tend to bond with kids a lot, and they stick with you for life. It's more rare to NOT see one of us with our bird companion honestly. Well, if we're aren't trying to stay hidden i guess. She musta followed me from home!"

"A partner, huh?" Cait stated, stifling a giggle as Norman soothed Hawky. She already seamed like an adorable bird, even though Hawky was the biggest bird she'd ever seen. Watching Hawky and Norman reminded her of Sora and Albi, that's when Cait's giggling stopped.

"There's something I need to tell you, Norman,"
she stated to say in a serious tone. "There's been an incident. Some grumpy poacher stepped on Albi, so Sora ran off back to the village with her. He put me in charge."

Cait pointed at the knocked out poachers. "We were going to chase them back to their compound, but they got what they deserved instead," she said, not wanting Xiao to think that she was mad at him. "It sounds like the poachers have an elephant locked up in their base. We were going to follow the direction the sound came from, but we were wondering if you happened to see their compound while you were flying."

Norman blinked several times. "So you're Captain now? Ok. Makes sense." He nodded several times in agreement with himself. He looked in the direction they were running with a frown, and looked around to survey where they were. "Uhm i didn't see it from up there, because their compound is in a really thick copse of trees towards the center of the forest. More that way then the way you guys are going." He pointed more to the right than their original path.

Cait looked surprised as Norman explained where the poacher compound was. By the sounds of it he must have found it earlier, like the day prior. "Perfect," she said with enthusiasm and a big smile. "Lead us there."

"Aye aye Capitan!" Norman dusted himself off a bit more as he set his path through the forest. Eyeing the trees behind and in front of him he lined two up so he didn't stray from the right direction. "Let's go!" He ran off, happy as a shirtless guy running through a trap filled forest can be!

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Refaulted Refaulted Felix Felix Mitchs98 Mitchs98 @Azure Sky

The Hatter: Risa Talone
For the briefest of moments, Risa could have swore she’d seen the crazy color haired guy who she wanted to punch in the face for not coming to pick up his hat when he said he would. Or… well, she had wanted to punch him in the face until she’d actually managed to sell the hat. Now that it was in the hands of someone who would definitely wear it, that urge was gone; that didn’t mean she wanted to have anything more to do with Zeon, though. Surely if he did find her, he would ask for a new one and she always hated to decline people even when she knew she should just say no. Sometimes saying no was just better for business.

Anyway, apparently she only thought she saw him because after blinking once, she opened her eyes and he was gone. “Well, then… good riddance,” she mumbled, more to herself than for anyone else to hear. Then she continued heading back towards her shop because she’d found herself an excuse to make plenty more hats and there was no one around to tell her she couldn’t.

Well, there hadn’t been anyone on the ship and she certainly didn’t see anyone who looked like they were from it.

And then, of course, she did.

When Risa made it back to her shop, she was quick to recognize Syrin and she offered him a quick smile. “Good afternoon! Have you brought another customer? I must say I’ve had quite the successful day so far with everyone you’ve been sending this way. It’s much appreciated.” She made sure to keep herself professional and she kept her intentions for the rest of the day to herself. He didn’t need to know and she didn’t imagine it would have much of an impact on him anyway.

Then she turned her head to the woman who was standing beside him and she nodded in her direction. “Good afternoon to you as well! See anything you like?”

Exanis Exanis shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Keya FenrisKeya sighed softly to herself as she made her way through the thick forest. It would of perhaps been a bit easier had she been taller and able to see higher and not get, well....dwarfed by most of the plants. But oh well. Now wasn't the time for complaining, she had animals to save! She noticed a few tracks alongside some human shoeprints so this led her to believe she was indeed heading in the right direction. If not something was clearly very wrong here! The little dwarf was sure to check everywhere that she could, darting up trees, through plants, circling around to make sure she didn't miss anything...everything she could think of. At the very least with all the animals being missing she didn't have to worry about being eaten by a wild tiger or wolf or something. Though it was incredibly hot in the forest to the poor girl, meaning heat stroke was probably the highest thing on her list of worries at the moment.

She jumped when she heard the elephant trumpet, almost attempting to dart straight through a tree before realizing what it was and giggling to herself. That was the lead she clearly needed! She wasted no time running off towards it, not at full speed though still very fast as she wanted to avoid any and all traps she came across. At the very least she wanted to be careful enough to not get killed by a bear trap or something. Before long the dwarven girl reached the rest of the group, right as it was decided they were going to head out and find the compound. "Hey wait for me!" She shouted, scurrying faster to catch up with them and leaping to scurry up Xiao and hug his fluffy neck. "I missed you panda man~" She told him happily, nuzzling into him and sighing softly. She then noticed the downed men and blinked, "Ooh, these some of the bad guys?" She asked, tilting her head to the side curiously. "Funny you guys are out looking for them to, 'cause I was too!" She said, giggling a little bit.

She hummed in thought a bit and tilted her head, "Looks like the gangs' all here except for Sora!" She said. "Where'd he run off to?" She asked, not aware that Albi had gotten hurt or anything else really that had happened. Though, she was happy that the others seemed as concerned for the animals as her and the kids were.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky AllHailDago AllHailDago Refaulted Refaulted

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Phantophobition Phantophobition (Copy pastaing the tag list I found in a post, if it's wrong *shrug*)​

Lilic Jenkins
Lilic was a little surprised that Risa seemed to know Syrin. She had thought that Syrin was just someone who had a better sense of direction than herself. Then again, it was a good business practice to be friendly with all customers past and present. "H...he helped me find your shop. I...I'm bad at directions...," Lilic shyly explained. "I...I wanted to see what kind of sun hats you had. I...I'd prefer one made out of cloth. S...straw hats make my head itch."

After explaining what kind of hat she was interested in, Lilic turned her attention to Syrin. "I...it was kind of you to help me, thank you," she said, giving the man a small polite bow. "Y...you don't have to worry about me, I...I'm sure you have other business to attend to. I don't plan on wondering from the village. Papa will pick me up when he's done with work and I'm sure some of the nice villagers can help me around town until then."

Now thinking about her father, Lilic turned back to the hatter. "W...what kind of fedoras do you have in stock?" she asked. "I think I'd like to surprise papa with one. He's a rugged, outdoorsy type of man. Do you have any styles in leather or lizard skin?"

Exanis Exanis Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Yin
Shorty after the elephant trumpet incident, the gunmen poachers gathered on the wall above the gate of their compound. They were arranged in a half-circle shape around a woman dressed like a cowgirl. "Alright, listen up y'all. If people weren't in the forest before, they are now. Expect some unwanted guests," the cowgirl explained. "What kind of guests, Yin? The villagers are too gullible to investigate," a poacher stated. "I know that!" Yin barked, "But there are some newcomers to the island, people who could intervene with the boss's plans. You'll know who I'm takin' about if ya see em; they're not on the villager list. When you see em, show em how badly curiosity killed the cat."

"Yes, mam!" the gunmen replied in unison. Yin proceeded to break the men into groups and sent them to the different corners of the compound wall. "You two, stick with me. We're guardin' the main gate." Yin and the poachers grabbed the rifles that had been resting on their shoulders and readied them. With the exception of Yin's group, the poachers would periodically patrol the wall. Though it would be easy for a ninja like Norman to spot them before the Red Wave group could get spotted themselves.

AllHailDago AllHailDago

Risa Talone and Syrin Insinu
Collab With: Exanis Exanis

Hearing that the woman was looking for a sun hat, Risa’s first instinct was to reach for a basic straw hat, actually. They tended to be what people preferred. Just as Lilic mentioned that she didn’t want a sun hat, though, Risa was able to pull her hand back without any harm being done. She did, in fact, have other options. “I should have alternatives for you. It doesn’t need to be made of straw to keep the sun at bay; that much is certain,” she said it with some small laughter, undoing her own initial assumption with her words.

She searched through her stocks as the woman turned to address Syrin, but Risa didn’t take her eyes off of either of them either. She was curious as to where Syrin would head to after he left. Surely he knew where the rest of his crew was and might be able to help cure Risa’s boredom. It was while looking through her stocks that she realized that she honestly might not have all the supplies to make all the hats her previous plan for entertainment would’ve required. While she was rummaging through her stocks, she tried her best to give Syrin a look that asked him not to go anywhere although she wasn’t sure how successful such a look could really be.

Risa grabbed a few sunhats of different colors and then set them out on the table. “I could add a ribbon to any one of them and make it quite a formal delight if that’s your preference, Miss,” she explained. “I’m afraid I don’t have any leather or lizard skin though. My supplies are running quite low. I’ve been unable to restock for quite a while.”

As Syrin had began to open his mouth to respond to Lilic, he had noticed Risa’s look towards him. Granted, it was a fairly vague look, he still managed to decypher the general message behind it and got that she wanted him to stick around for whatever reason. Not that he was actually planning on leaving Lilic alone, mainly because he had quite literally nothing better to do with his time, but also because he’d most likely feel bad for around two hours and he didn’t want to deal with two hours of guilt.

So with a toneless sigh, Syrin simply leaned against the hat stall and, after giving Risa a small nod, turned to Lilic and gave her a look that showed he wasn’t going anywhere, whether she liked it or not. His presence firmly solidified, Syrin started watching the passing clouds boredly, having no real input on Lilic’s choice of headwear for herself and her father.

Seeing Syrin’s shift, Risa offered him a quick smile as she finished laying out the options for Lilic. “I’ll give you a few minutes to look them over and then you can let me know what you think,” she said to the woman before maneuvering herself around her stand and towards Syrin.

“So… I seriously am low on supplies,” she began, “and I’ve been meaning to ask your captain if I might be able to hitch a ride but no one has been around, apparently. Not that colorful-haired kid who tried to buy a hat and no one else, either.”

Glancing down at Risa, he shrugged at her carelessly. ”He and his ilk are likely running around in the jungle trying to find out what’s going on. He wouldn’t say no to you tagging along, if only to try and keep me on the ship a bit longer.” Idly fiddling with the rim of his new hat, Syrin sighed once more. ”Tell you what, when I’m eventually dragged into whatever nonsense Sora is in, with the vague hopes of converting me to their side of fun and treasure, I’ll put in a good word or five for you. Just… Stick with me I guess? Dunno, what else I can do for ya.”

She was a bit surprised to realize that he wasn’t talking about his crew very fondly and it made her a bit hesitant, but she needed supplies more than she needed good company so she supposed it wasn’t something she could worry about too much. “I can work with that,” she commented. “I’ve just gotta wait on her to pick a hat and I should be able to close up shop easily enough.” Closing up shop was always easy when there wasn’t enough left to sell.

Tristan Roads
After thinking about it for a bit, Tristan left Seth with the doctor before following Cait, Norman, and his pet bird. Wherever the shirtless ninja was leading them was likely dangerous and carrying Seth along would only be a hindrance. A base of poachers was no place for a sleeping man anyway. Cait's odd crew member seemed knew the way so it wasn't too long until they arrived at their destination.

Back against the trunk of a tree, arms folded across his chest, Tristan stared past the greenery at the large compound in the middle of the jungle. It really was a peculiar sight. So this is the place where all the animals on Silent Isle are kept?

Tristan couldn’t say he cared much about the animals. Nature and tree-hugging wasn’t really his dig. However, when a beautiful client of his, who happened to me the matron of tiny orphanage, admitted to liking cute fluffy animals, how could he leave the island without giving her one? A wonderful parting gift. Because he himself was a generous guy. Nodding to himself, the Red Barber glanced at the pirates with him, wondering what their reasons were for coming so deep into the jungle. He never did ask.

Eh. Whatever.

He judged them to be decent people. Especially Cait. And he considered himself to be an excellent judge of character. If they planned on stealing the animals for themselves…well…it was no skin of his back. He only wanted one. A nice fluffy one.

“So then, what’s the plan?”
Tristan inquired, looking back at the poachers that were patrolling the building. “Should we find out exactly where the animals are being held first? Or just waltz through the front gate?”

He was fine either way.

Blue eyes locked onto a lovely, cowboy-dressed girl who was guarding the front. Long and blonde. Do-able. Running a hand through his silky red locks, Tristan spoke playfully. “I can even try distracting her if you want. Shouldn’t be too hard.”

AllHailDago AllHailDago
Felix Felix
Refaulted Refaulted
@Azure Sky

Marcus Gaverenton
Marcus watched as the newcomer, Tristan, dumped the body of his crew mate in front of him. As soon as he did, he dropped to his knees, pulling out a pair of gloves and hastily putting them on. His gaze turned up to Tristan, though it was more of a glare than anything. "You really have no sense of compassion for someone who is in this kind of condition, huh? Well, whatever. Get the hell out of my space." Reaching into his coat, Marcus pulled out a surgical mask, putting it over his mouth. Whatever was wrong with Seth, he was sure he could take care of it. But better to be safe than sorry.

As the rest of the crew dealt with the newcomers, Marcus kept pulling out some supplies from his coat. If anyone were to watch him, they would be amazed at the amount of things the man managed to keep in what seemed like such a small space. He pulled out two rolled up sheets, one considerably smaller than the other. He rolled out the larger of the two, and it stretched to about seven feet. Marcus grabbed a few rocks nearby and placed them on the sheet, holding it into place. He then grabbed Seth and picked him up, gently placing him onto the sheet. It was definitely cleaner than the ground.

The doctor then picked up the other rolled up sheet and opened it up next to his makeshift station. The contents inside were generic doctor's equipment: a stethoscope, a thermometer, some bandages, wrappings, and a few bottles of different liquids. Marcus placed the stethoscope in his ears and began to listen to his patients heartbeat, a stern and serious gaze stuck on his face. He listened for a few moments, moving about Seth's torso. After about a minute, he pulled the stethoscope back and out of his ears, then picking the thermometer up and placing it in his patient's mouth. As he did, and made sure it wouldn't fall into his mouth, he picked up two of the bottles and opened them both. Reaching into his coat, he pulled out an empty bottle, and poured half of the contents of each bottle into it. Then, picking it up, he gently shook it to mix up the contents. When he was done, a thick odor came out of the opening, and a nearly clear blue liquid could be seen inside. He propped Seth's head up and poured the contents into his mouth. When it was all gone, Marcus placed the bottle back in his coat, and pulled out his pocketwatch, opening it and beginning to count the time, waiting for any sort of effect. If nothing happened, then he would need more of his supplies back at the ship. If his normal medicine worked, then he would be able to stay and keep watch of Seth until he was able to move somewhat on his own, and Marcus could escort him back to the ship.

Lilic Jenkins
Lilic was a little disappointed that she couldn't get her father the kind of hat he'd like. It would have been nice to surprise him with a gift, though he didn't really need a new hat. Lilic looked over the hat options for herself and began to perk up as she thought about which hat she wanted. She ended up settling for a light blue cloth sunhat with an orange ribbon. "I..I'd like to buy this one," she told Risa, pointing the hat out.

After purchasing the hat, Lilic smiled as she put it on. She waved goodbye to Syrin and Risa before heading over to a nearby bench. She sat down and pulled out a book from her bag. She intended to read it while she waited for her father to pick her up. It would be a nice time consumer and wouldn't require her to move throughout the village, meaning she couldn't get lost if she stayed where she was.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis

Cait Merlin

Cait followed behind Norman as he lead the group toward the poacher's compound. The sound of quick and tiny feet caused her to turn her head toward the sound. She spotted moving foliage before she could see Keya. Cait was glad that the dwarf had caught up to them. Now almost the whole crew was in the forest. The poachers may still have them outnumbered, but Cait felt like they couldn't lose to them. Besides, she did make a promise to the kids about returning the animals. That would only make her fight harder.

"There was an incident. Sora took Albi to the vet. I think she'll be OK though," Cait said with a serious tone, quickly bringing the dwarf up to speed. "Sora made me Acting Captain until he returns."

Once near the outskirts of the poacher's compound, Cait stopped alongside the rest of the crew that was with her. She watched the guards and kept a close eye on the cowgirl guarding the currently closed front gate. She was in the middle of thinking up a strategy when she heard Norman say, "There's a lot more guards on the walls this time than when i was here before. Probably they didn't like me stabbing that one guy in the butt. Anyways, there's one gate each on the front and back walls of the fortress. Which way do you think we should go, Captain?"

"Let's try to catch them by surprise at the back gate," she replied."Maybe it won't be as well guarded."

Once at the back gate, the group found that it was indeed less guarded. Unlike the front gate, the gate controls weren't visible at the top of the wall. Presumably they were on the other side of the wall, meaning this gate was meant to be more of an exit. One would have to scale the wall before opening the gate from the inside, though as luck would have it, the gate had grooves at the bottom shaped like triangular teeth and created three inch gaps of open space. "Keya, it looks like you're the right size to slip through the gate. I'm not sure how high the gate controls are, but if you can't reach them, I want you to distract the poachers long enough for one of us to scale the wall and open it. Feel free to use the chaos to locate the stolen animals."

AllHailDago AllHailDago Felix Felix Refaulted Refaulted QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Last edited:
Tristan Roads

Eyes on the back gate that the ninja told them about, Tristan scanned the faces and figures of the guards stationed at the rear entrance. Not a single female among them to seduce. They all looked like the rough and tumble type as well. Heaving a soft, yet dramatic, sigh, Tristan's curious gaze turned to the tiny girl Cait was talking to. It really was an odd sight. Tristan had never seen a person so small in his life.

"For sure you can't be human..."
The comment was made bluntly, but not in a way that was meant to be demeaning. He knew there were many races that existed in the grand line. As hairdresser on the Smiling Aphrodite, he'd heard plenty of stories. Even cut the hair some odd customers every now end then. Fishmen. Talking tigers. People with devil fruit abilities.Whoever could afford to spend the money to get a new look. Admittedly, he'd never seen a dwarf before.

Or a talking panda.

But then, the sea was a wide place. He known that. Recalling a boy of his past whose eyes would grow bright as he spoke of the wonders that existed in the grand line, the same boy who killed his own father, took over the man's ship, and started his own crew, Tristan wondered what sort of shape Seth's crew would take. One thing was for sure. He'd never really seen a crew of pirates so eager to help animals before.

"Well, anyway. Good luck. Watch out for big feet."

Tristan checked his nails. He wasn't exactly eager to start scaling walls, therefore he didn't feel like volunteering to be the one to open the gate if tiny Keya couldn't. Unless Cait asked of course. Blue orbs flickered back to the large compound, a hand reaching for the handle of one of his scissor blades when the gaze of one of the poachers swept in their general direction. Fortunately the eyes passed them. There was a ninja in the pirate crew...but for some inexplicable reason...he didn't imagine Norman to be the stealthy type.

Ninja Pirate. The world really is a strange place.

Mitchs98 Mitchs98
AllHailDago AllHailDago

Last edited:
Tristan Roads
After thinking about it for a bit, Tristan left Seth with the doctor before following Cait, Norman, and his pet bird. Wherever the shirtless ninja was leading them was likely dangerous and carrying Seth along would only be a hindrance. A base of poachers was no place for a sleeping man anyway. Cait's odd crew member seemed knew the way so it wasn't too long until they arrived at their destination.

Back against the trunk of a tree, arms folded across his chest, Tristan stared past the greenery at the large compound in the middle of the jungle. It really was a peculiar sight. So this is the place where all the animals on Silent Isle are kept?

Tristan couldn’t say he cared much about the animals. Nature and tree-hugging wasn’t really his dig. However, when a beautiful client of his, who happened to me the matron of tiny orphanage, admitted to liking cute fluffy animals, how could he leave the island without giving her one? A wonderful parting gift. Because he himself was a generous guy. Nodding to himself, the Red Barber glanced at the pirates with him, wondering what their reasons were for coming so deep into the jungle. He never did ask.

Eh. Whatever.

He judged them to be decent people. Especially Cait. And he considered himself to be an excellent judge of character. If they planned on stealing the animals for themselves…well…it was no skin of his back. He only wanted one. A nice fluffy one.

“So then, what’s the plan?”
Tristan inquired, looking back at the poachers that were patrolling the building. “Should we find out exactly where the animals are being held first? Or just waltz through the front gate?”

He was fine either way.

Blue eyes locked onto a lovely, cowboy-dressed girl who was guarding the front. Long and blonde. Do-able. Running a hand through his silky red locks, Tristan spoke playfully. “I can even try distracting her if you want. Shouldn’t be too hard.”

AllHailDago AllHailDago
Felix Felix
Refaulted Refaulted
@Azure Sky

Lilic Jenkins
Lilic was a little disappointed that she couldn't get her father the kind of hat he'd like. It would have been nice to surprise him with a gift, though he didn't really need a new hat. Lilic looked over the hat options for herself and began to perk up as she thought about which hat she wanted. She ended up settling for a light blue cloth sunhat with an orange ribbon. "I..I'd like to buy this one," she told Risa, pointing the hat out.

After purchasing the hat, Lilic smiled as she put it on. She waved goodbye to Syrin and Risa before heading over to a nearby bench. She sat down and pulled out a book from her bag. She intended to read it while she waited for her father to pick her up. It would be a nice time consumer and wouldn't require her to move throughout the village, meaning she couldn't get lost if she stayed where she was.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Exanis Exanis

Cait Merlin

Cait followed behind Norman as he lead the group toward the poacher's compound. The sound of quick and tiny feet caused her to turn her head toward the sound. She spotted moving foliage before she could see Keya. Cait was glad that the dwarf had caught up to them. Now almost the whole crew was in the forest. The poachers may still have them outnumbered, but Cait felt like they couldn't lose to them. Besides, she did make a promise to the kids about returning the animals. That would only make her fight harder.

"There was an incident. Sora took Albi to the vet. I think she'll be OK though," Cait said with a serious tone, quickly bringing the dwarf up to speed. "Sora made me Acting Captain until he returns."

Once near the outskirts of the poacher's compound, Cait stopped alongside the rest of the crew that was with her. She watched the guards and kept a close eye on the cowgirl guarding the currently closed front gate. She was in the middle of thinking up a strategy when she heard Norman say, "There's a lot more guards on the walls this time than when i was here before. Probably they didn't like me stabbing that one guy in the butt. Anyways, there's one gate each on the front and back walls of the fortress. Which way do you think we should go, Captain?"

"Let's try to catch them by surprise at the back gate," she replied."Maybe it won't be as well guarded."

Once at the back gate, the group found that it was indeed less guarded. Unlike the front gate, the gate controls weren't visible at the top of the wall. Presumably they were on the other side of the wall, meaning this gate was meant to be more of an exit. One would have to scale the wall before opening the gate from the inside, though as luck would have it, the gate had grooves at the bottom shaped like triangular teeth and created three inch gaps of open space. "Keya, it looks like you're the right size to slip through the gate. I'm not sure how high the gate controls are, but if you can't reach them, I want you to distract the poachers long enough for one of us to scale the wall and open it. Feel free to use the chaos to locate the stolen animals."

AllHailDago AllHailDago Felix Felix Refaulted Refaulted QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Tristan Roads

Eyes on the back gate that the ninja told them about, Tristan scanned the faces and figures of the guards stationed at the rear entrance. Not a single female among them to seduce. They all looked like the rough and tumble type as well. Heaving a soft, yet dramatic, sigh, Tristan's curious gaze turned to the tiny girl Cait was talking to. It really was an odd sight. Tristan had never seen a person so small in his life.

"For sure you can't be human..."
The comment was made bluntly, but not in a way that was meant to be demeaning. He knew there were many races that existed in the grand line. As hairdresser on the Smiling Aphrodite, he'd heard plenty of stories. Even cut the hair some odd customers every now end then. Fishmen. Talking tigers. People with devil fruit abilities.Whoever could afford to spend the money to get a new look. Admittedly, he'd never seen a dwarf before.

Or a talking panda.

But then, the sea was a wide place. He known that. Recalling a boy of his past whose eyes would grow bright as he spoke of the wonders that existed in the grand line, the same boy who killed his own father, took over the man's ship, and started his own crew, Tristan wondered what sort of shape Seth's crew would take. One thing was for sure. He'd never really seen a crew of pirates so eager to help animals before.

"Well, anyway. Good luck. Watch out for big feet."

Tristan checked his nails. He wasn't exactly eager to start scaling walls, therefore he didn't feel like volunteering to be the one to open the gate if tiny Keya couldn't. Unless Cait asked of course. Blue orbs flickered back to the large compound, a hand reaching for the handle of one of his scissor blades when the gaze of one of the poachers swept in their general direction. Fortunately the eyes passed them. There was a ninja in the pirate crew...but for some inexplicable reason...he didn't imagine Norman to be the stealthy type.

Ninja Pirate. The world really is a strange place.

Mitchs98 Mitchs98
AllHailDago AllHailDago
Keya FenrisKeya nodded slowly at Caits initial response, though frowned a bit as well. "Aw I hope Albi will be okay." She replied in a sad tone. She loved the little ferret a lot and of course understood why Sora ran off. Though she also knew it was serious if Sora up and left everyone here. It wasn't something so much as Cait not being an acceptable Acting Captain, no, it was just that if it was something minor she doubted that he would of left. Nevertheless she figured Cait was trying to come up with a plan so she wouldn't interrupt her. Though of course Keya's plan would of been rather straightforward...run in, destroy everything, free the animals, and beat up the bad guys! Probably wouldn't of worked the way she pictured it in her mind but hey A for effort and all that right?

She giggled however when Norman mentioned stabbing a guy in the butt, a wide grin on her face as she looked to him. "Did you really do that?" She asked curiously, though really had no doubt he or any of the others in this group would do such a thing. Once a plan to check out the back gate was made she followed the rest along, staring at the wall of the fortress carefully. It seemed a strong wall, a bit too strong for Keya to suggest she break it down or she would of just made a hole in it for them. She scanned the wall once more once they were in the back, noting the tiny spaces in the fence just big enough for her to fit through.

Even before Cait spoke she figured she would be crawling through the fence and doing her job there, the dwarf nodding and smiling without hesitation. "You got it cap'n!" She told her cheerfully. "This'll be fun~" She said, giggling as she made her way over to the gate. When Tristan spoke she turned and blinked, tilting her head slightly. "Of course I'm not human silly, I'm a dwarf! And don't worry, big feet are no match for me!" She cheered before turning and wriggling her way under the gate. There were indeed quite a number of guards on this side, all of them looking like they meant business. Nonetheless she had a job to complete and she could see the gate controls at the top of the gate, the problem here would be reaching them.

She looked around for a way to do so, noting there were a few crates off to the side she could probably use. For now the dwarven girl did actually intend on employing some means of stealth, which really was just casually strolling along and avoiding bumping into the guards. Once at one of the crates she slowly started pushing it towards the wall, not because it was heavy, but simply because she didn't want to draw attention. Once that one was moved she picked a slightly smaller one up and started with it. By the third one she was tired of the process and literally started running crates to the wall, of course this gained the attention of the guards....the pair rushing to her receiving a crate to the everywhere. "Leave me alone! Seriously I'm busy." She stated, huffing slightly and retrieving a new crate.

This in turn caught the attention of even MORE guards, causing the girl to glare. "The one time I try to prove I'm better for more than breaking stuff...oh well." She said, shrugging slightly. Why change what you're good at eh? She ran for the crates, hopping up the stack she'd already made. She could indeed reach the controls now...but...she didn't weigh enough to pull them down and the crate stack wasn't high enough for leverage. "Welp...chaos it is!" She cheered, sort of just dangling off the lever. "HEY GUYS I'M GONNA BREAK STUFF OKAY~!" She called out to the rest of the crew, jumping off the controls and onto one of the guards' unsuspecting faces. "Hi~" She said, giggling a bit, the man of course screaming slightly in surprise. This earned a punch to this nose that more than likely shattered it and ensued a chase of her and a group of guards, everyone on the other side able to hear crashing and shouting of 'Get her!' as the little dwarf did her thing.

Ah this was perfect for Keya, and certainly what she was best at. She had tried it the easier way so now she was going to do it the fun way, also of course being sure to look out for the animals if she saw them too.​

Zoomania Comes to a Close
Keya's successful infiltration of the poacher's compound caught the poachers off guard long enough for her to discovered that Pockets the Clown was transporting the caught animals by using his Devil Fruit powers. Pockets, however, did notice the dwarf and was disappointed that she was already pocket sized. He alerted the other poachers and a fight broke out shortly after the Red Waves opened the back gate and entered the compound. Poacher higher ups, Yin, Doctor Lizer, and Leeroy Jenkins quickly joined in the fight, making things tougher for the Red Waves.

Luckily Pockets was the first to be taken out of the fight. After he was knocked out, the cages and the animals inside them were instantly returned to their normal size. The animals began to wake up and, after being freed from their cages, began to rampage as they tried to escape. The elephants broke down a portion of the large wall, making a hole allowing the other animals to escape into the forest.

The animal caused destruction of the compound turned the tide of battle and caused the poachers to reconsider their options. Leeroy began to bargain with Cait; if he could leave on the poacher's boat with his daughter and the other poachers, he promised his crew wouldn't steal animals ever again. Cait accepted the deal, maybe because he had mentioned his daughter, and allowed them to leave.

The Red Waves returned to the village with the orphanage's cat in tow and returned him to the kids. Rosa immediately began to fawn over the cat. Now that the animals had returned to where they belonged, the villagers threw a party to celebrate. All of the Red Wave pirates were invited, but strangely Sora and Albi didn't show up. Cait missed the prescience of her Captain and wondered what was going on, but that was put into the back of her mind as she began to drink beer and sing. The fishwoman overdid the drinking and was drunk before the festivities ended. Her musical skills didn't seem affected by all the alcohol in her system.

After the party, Cait and the other Red Waves returned to the Lucky Nova. With a little help from Norman, Cait made it back into her room and fell asleep. After waking up and changing into fresh clothes of her aquatic style, Cait began to search the ship to see if Sora had returned. What she found instead was a note from Sora with her name on it tapped to the door to Sora's quarters.

Cait opened the note and read it.

Albi didn't make it. I need time to process this, but I don't want to hold up your search for your mother. Captain the Red Waves and take care of the Lucky Nova for me. Maybe we'll cross paths in the Grand Line...when I'm feeling better. Good luck on your search. I hope you find your mom. - Sora

Cait was shocked by the news and quickly informed the others, including the newly recruited Risa and Tristen. As the crew readied to set sail, Cait grabbed a bottle of Fischer Island Brew and stood at the end of the deck. As the Lucky Nova began to sail away, Cait kept her focus on the island. She held out her arm that she was using to hold her alcoholic beverage and began to sing.

"Of all the money that e'er I had
I spent it in good company
And all the harm I've ever done
Alas, it was to none but me

And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be to you all

And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
"Good night and joy be to you all"

Of all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay

But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
"Good night and joy be to you all"

And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
'Good night and joy be to you all'"

Immediately after singing, Cait took a big swig from her bottle of Fischer Island Brew and wiped the tears from her eyes. She was going to miss Alex, Mac, Teri, Sora, and Albi. After regaining her composure, Cait made her way to the front of the Lucky Nova. She smiled as she felt the breeze on her face, causing her long hair to bob behind her. "I'm on my way, Ma."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Refaulted Refaulted Felix Felix AllHailDago AllHailDago @Azure Sky Exanis Exanis

Last edited:

The Events of an Uneventful Time

Emilie Cortagne
Sometimes fate conspires to have certain paths cross and the results of such meetings echo across the ages, forever altering the course of history. it can be tempting at those times to ascribe a certain agency to fortune at those times, to read into it a deliberate engineering of providence for maximum drama and impact. But of course these events do not make up the bulk of history, they are a product of the law of averages and for every one momentous day there are a thousand or a million in which relatively little happens and people simply go about their business. In their own way these times are as much a part of history and it can be worth considering them from time to time.

We last saw Emilie Cortagne as the Red Wave Pirates one by one left the Lucky Nova to explore the island they had docked at, leaving her more or less alone to mind the ship. This state of affairs might be objectionable to most freedom loving pirate adventurers but to Emilie a long block of uninterrupted time to peacefully clean sounded heavenly. No crewmates littering, or getting underfoot or walking on wet floors. Perfect.

As soon as everyone left Emilie prepared herself for task before hand. She would start at the top, dusting then wiping ceilings and light fittings, then work her way down the walls and furniture before, noting anything that needed repairs or sewing attention, then finally sweeping, mopping and re waxing the floors. By the time she was done the Lucky Nova would look better than it had on its first day.

Throughout the day, with the warm sun beating down Emilie worked in contemplative silence, performing her tasks with the smoothness and efficiency she had earned through countless repetitions. Emilie had been trained from an extremely young for these tasks and so didn't find them tedious or draining. Unfortunately this meant the work was not very demanding and without the added distraction of other people Emilie found her mind wandering, not something any good maid should permit.

Was this really the right course of action? She was far from her homeland, with no one left to serve, tagging along with pirates in the vague hope of tracking down whoever had killed her master and at least avenging them. A final service to the family she had intended to serve until her death. Her code, the precepts she had lived her entire life by were silent on this matter. They were never intended for a servant without a master, for how can such a thing even be? According to her code Emilie should already be dead.

On a whim Emilie out down the mop she was pushing across the deck and wandered over to the side of the ship, to peer down into the blue water below. If she had died that night this wouldn't be a problem, if she died now then the matter would be resolved at least as far as her code was concerned. Emilie couldn't see how her dying right now would be of any benefit to her Master though, at least avenging him would have restore the dignity of the Cortagne name and reputation to some extent, something she had also been entrusted with.

In life Ruenn Cortagne had never forgetten a slight, no matter how small or how long ago. Emilie imagined he would rather approve of the idea of exacting vengeance even after he and his entire line had been wiped out, when his enemies could by all reasonable metrics expect the matter to be resolved. He would turn his head to gaze out his office window and the corner of his mouth would curl up privately, the closest the man ever came to smiling. Emily realized that she had been smiling faintly herself and shook her head as she returned to her work. She still had a lot of things left to do...

The next day Emilie slipped into town early to pick up some supplies, soap mostly, as well as a few oils and other substances that could be used in small quantities and would therefore last them a long time at sea. Emilie had some money left over from her previous cleaning job in Mirstone and considered this as good a use as any for them, it wasn't as though she had anything else to spend them on after all.

Perhaps more interestingly, this small decision maneuvered Emilie adroitly out of the way of every single event of interest on the island. She wasn't on the ship when Risa stopped by looking for Zeon and when Albi was zipping through town passing messages she happened to be engaged in a civil but impassioned debate with a shopkeeper over acceptable pricing of bulk soap.

While the bulk of the crew fought off poachers Emilie was washing and hanging out laundry and during the celebration she was tiding the sleeping quarters, only reuniting with the crew when they returned to the Lucky Nova. Before then she had seen Captain Sora return to the ship ahead of everyone, looking distraught, but it wasn't her place or her nature to intrude upon such things and so she quietly carried on with her duties as he attended to his own affairs and left without saying goodbye.

All of this was fine with Emilie. She would have readily assisted the rest of the crew had they needed her, but she had assessed all of them as competent in their own right and wasn't especially alarmed to hear about the situation they had gotten themselves into. At the very least, the whole crew was likely glad to return to the Lucky Nova to find it sparkling clean, with freshly laundered sheets and a hot kettle of tea awaiting their tired bodies. The loss of Captain Sora was unfortunate. Emilie had promised to follow him back in Mirstone rather than the crew as a whole, but it was plain he wanted to be alone for a while, maybe a long time. If Emilie wanted to track down her target she needed to be moving towards the One Piece, with a crew that stood a good chance of getting there. Besides if Sora wanted her to accompany him he would have asked. In so far as Emilie had a place, it was here, with the newly named Tigershark Pirates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back