West Blue Arc: The Mistbound Remnants

Shayden Caroline Wolfenhouzer

It was after several pecks and coos that Shayden had finally been pushed over the edge as the bird she thought already had finished its job by delivering the paper suddenly began harassing her. She closed her eyes in attempt to stop herself from injuring the creature or worse, though the little guy's spunk made her emotional efforts pointless. Shayden was going to kill the News Coo, and whatever carnivorous sea life lied below was going to have raw chicken for lunch.

Angry shouts from behind Shayden cleared the air as someone sharing her distaste for annoying birds appeared on deck weapon ready. It was a bit hard to take them seriously.
"Heh, and who might you be?" She coolly asked, giving the girl a quick look over. "Are ya from the island, cuz if so ya just missed my captain."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited:
Garret Z. Allistair

Garret let out a nearly visible sigh of relief when it turned out to be a rather harmless individual following them. Or at least, not meaning them any harm. He doubted anyone carrying weapons like that was harmless after all. He also noted the musical instrument with obvious interest. "You want out of here huh? Well if you can fight and play music efficiently I could offer you a position in my crew as our musician if you'd like. Though if not, just helping us rid this play of its robot zombie crisis thing would be great! Gonna be hard to leave if crazy creatures pursue and fight us the whole time."

He turned back to the hut and spoke loudly for Ferra, though he doubted it necessary for her. "It's alright to come out. Just another shipwreck victim looking to get off the island." Presuming she already knew that and would be out shortly he turned to Alex. "Agreed. I think before we do anything we should regroup with Stacy and Yukihime. They might've find out important information at the market that we can use to find or fight them. Come on, the village isn't huge. We should be able to find them shortly!" With that he stalked off in the direction of the village market.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Azure Sky Azure Sky shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Alex Q. Draw
Alex nodded her head after hearing her captain's orders. She then turned her attention to the bird perched on her shoulder. Before she could say anything, Jet leaped off her shoulder and started to fly above the village. Now came the easy part, waiting. With Jet's birds eye view it wouldn't be long until he spotted the two females. Alex put a cigarette against her lips, lit it, and began to leisurely walk deeper into the village.

Jet flew past buildings and used his strong hawk eyesight to scan the village. He eventually caught a glimpse of Stacy and Yukihime through a window and flew back around to land in the window sill just to be sure. He then began to fly in circles above the house and screeched. The hawk's call caught Alex's attention and she looked back up into the sky to see Jet's circular flight pattern. She flashed a knowing smirk at Garret before walking at a faster place toward the shipwright and their village ally.

Once Alex reached the house she held out her arm and bent her elbow so that her forearm was parallel with her chest. Jet flew down and landed on the perch his owner was making with her arm. Alex pulled out a small chunk of meat from her pocket and held it in front of the hawk, who quickly snatched it. While Jet ate, Alex dropped her cigarette onto the ground and snuffed it out with her foot as she walked inside. "We just finished talking to the village elder, looks like it's time to compare notes," Alex said after finding Stacy and Yukihime. She waited for the others before continuing to speak.

"We didn't learn much from the elder, but the do know how many robot zombie things we're going to be dealing with. There's one in the sea we're all familiar with, thirty bird creatures, and at least twenty humanoid ones. Sometimes they travel in groups, other times they're alone," Alex reported to Stacy. The sniper sighed and placed her hands in her front jacket pockets. "Still no word on how to kill them though. Unless you've found out something."

AllHailDago AllHailDago Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
Logan Heilan and Stacy Beauregard
Collab With: Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Logan took note of Garret’s offer. He’d never actually given much thought to being on a pirate crew. However, considering the reputation of pirates, and their relationship with the marines, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. However, he wasn’t sure that he was fully willing to commit to the captain and his crew before figuring out what they were all about.

He chuckled, “I just might have to take you up on that. However, it seems that there is a situation of some sort that you guys are caught up in. I heard mention of some sort of robot zombies? What the hell is that all about? I’ve never heard of anything like it, but it doesn’t sound pleasant. There was some weird shark thing that attacked my ship, but other than that, nothing even close to a robot zombie. If there’s some sort of situation here, I’m willing to lend a hand.”

When the captain started walking, Logan started walking alongside him because it seemed that for now, at least, they were going to be working together. Since he didn’t know who Yukihime or Stacy were, he couldn’t exactly go looking on his own. While he was walking, he noticed that Alex was looking as well and when he caught the girl’s smirk - although it had been meant for Garret - Logan followed Alex, presuming that she had located the individuals they were searching for.

Logan was behind Alex so he walked in after her.

That meant he was able to hear Stacy’s immediate response to seeing them.

“Suuurre. Walk right into a stranger’s house without being invited inside. See if they care.” There was very evident sass in her tone and she clearly disapproved of Alex having just waltzed right in like she owned the place. “I’m not really sure if our hosts invitation to myself and Yukihime really extends to you, you know. That’s part of the reason why people probably tend not to like pirates.” And she made sure to get her words in before Alex could launch into any sort of dialogue.

After hearing that - and hearing it loud and clear - Logan opted to wait in the doorway. He was still close enough to hear everything that was said and he’d be able to make himself heard if he wished, but it seemed better not to be another person taking too many liberties in a person’s home.

Stacy did eventually cross her arms in a rather indignant manner and actually settle down to listen to what Alex had to say although one thought ran through her head. ‘What makes you think we have any notes in the first place? We were only supposed to be going shopping…’ It all seemed rather presumptuous. Despite her decision to have more attitude than was probably polite, Stacy pieced together some things on her own. Robot zombie things were probably the “creatures” Zururu had mentioned.

“As for how to kill them, I’m as clueless as you are. The villagers won’t be much help. They haven’t the smallest smidge of metal which means any weapons they have are likely useless and none of them are fighters. Opposite that, actually. They’re terrified.” She wasn’t rude at all in those words. It was merely Stacy speaking the truth at that point. “Yukihime was just telling me she had a plan, though, which is better than nothing. Maybe after we get up so that you’re no longer intruding on a stranger, we can hear what she proposes…?”

Logan overheard the woman’s comment, and figured that a fighter was something he could provide. “I am no stranger to fighting. If this plan involves any of that, I have two weapons to offer and I am able to wield them.”

Hearing a new voice, Stacy peered around Alex to see Logan standing in the doorway and she nodded acknowledgement. It seemed that the Captain was always recruiting on some level or another and in this case, it wasn’t a problem. “I’m certain that will come in handy somewhere.” With that having been said, Stacy sprung up from her seat and she looked to Yukihime and Alex before walking out of the home, hoping that they would agree that they didn’t need to continue intruding and follow her outside.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Azure Sky Azure Sky AllHailDago AllHailDago

Yukihime White
a01fd9006406a5d823c2fd5640c54ba7.jpg

Yukihime smiled radiantly at the newcomers and got up from the bed. "Indeed, I have a plan," she said to Stacy, as she walked outside. "I won't go into much detail, but I have a type of poison that can do the trick. I call it Pale Azalea," she turned around to face everyone who was there "Once someone drinks it, thier internal organs suffer incredible damage, while their blood slowly evaporates. The victim dies slowly, and painfully, but not only. A white mist will form around their bodies and they will become poison in flesh and blood. They will become corrosive to both organic and non-organic things," she paused, for a short while. "But not in my case." she added.

"My physiology makes me nearly immune to the effects of poison. While it does not affect me, however, it is a different case for others. If I drink Pale Azalea, I will emit a strange mist from my body, and I will become corrosive, but only for a few minutes. If I manage to touch those creatures, for a brief period of time, I'd manage to melt their heads and a part of their interior, thus technically killing them." she said. Afterwards she looked at the sky.

"It's not that simple..." she shifted her attention back to those around her "I can only do it with one creature at a time. That is why I needed help. On my own, it would have merely been a suicidal action, with no meaningful results. But with the help of capable people, I'd be able to go from one creature to another, knowing that someone's got my back." she smiled, and remained silent for a while.

"Oh, this is completely unrelated, but Pale Azalea would also destroy my clothes, so I'll have to take them off and... fight naked. The white mist would still block any undesired view, though" said Yukihime, nonchantly.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Ferra had largely kept to herself for the duration of the new introductions. She was tired of meeting new people. Too much noise and interaction. Hell, where in the blazes were all the other people disappearing off to. She could have sworn there had to be at least thirty people that were Shattercrests by now. Where the hell had they all gone?

Shrugging it off as she followed after everyone cautiously, they eventually made their way to meet with Stacy and Yukihime, the latter of which had a plan for killing the beasts. The plan was... insane. She wasn't going to object though, in fact she already had a solid plan for aiding in securing the beasts.

"Straightforward then. One of us acts as bait, another, myself, lays in wait. Whatever comes out, I'll wrap one end of my Recompense around. The other half will be secured to a tree. So run, fly, slither, if it wants to break free it'll lose whatever I've wrapped. I'll aim for the head or torso obviously." Ferra stated clearly, her tacticians mind shining brilliantly as she walked to a nearby table and began placing object here or there, giving them names or positions, "We would want our marksmen to focus fire on the limbs giving them the most power. For anything flying, aim for a wings, for anything on the ground, aim for the front legs. The joints specifically. Also, I want that fire to be one the same limb. More bullets in one limb will disable it faster and distract it."

From there she moved a few objects over to one side, showing a banana as the beast with some grapes as the marksmen and a loose string as her whip. She then grabbed some nuts and moved the to the far side of the banana.

"This is our melee vanguard and entourage for miss Yukihime. We'll come in from the other side once the beasts are properly distracted with the gunfire and disable the opposing limbs. From there, we can either secure the beast with crude spears, easy enough to make, or glass spears should your captain have the energy for it. Once secured I'll remove the Recompense from the beast and Yukihime can move in and finish the fight." Ferra stated authoritatively, yet quite sure in her words, "It seems like the best tactical advantage, and the best way to avoid casualties. Any objections or recommendations? If not, you all know your own strengths and weaknesses, figure out your place in the plan. Also, who wants to be bait?"

That last bit was said with a bit too much enthusiasm on Ferra's part, mostly because she wanted to know who was going to have the gumption to put themselves in her hands. Still, she paused when she realised she forgot one thing.

"Also, I'll shoot anyone I catch ogling Yukihime personally. Just so we're clear."

Garret Z. Allistair

Garret had followed closely behind Alex as she led them through the village to Stacy and Yukihime. Though he stopped at the doorway, a little unsure about just walking inside without invite. He was a pirate sure, but his mom had taught him some semblance of manners! He felt a thankful he hadn't too, seeing from the attitude Stacy gave Alex when she entered the home. He stayed near Logan who'd also been polite, or smart, enough to stay just outside. Garret opted to listen to everyone's information or interpretations for now so he could try thinking things over. He wasn't the smartest but he was a quick learner and creative thinker.

Garret eyed Yukihime with equal parts confusion and wonder when she started speaking of poisons and an immunity to them. "Hey that is a pretty cool ability.", he noted absentmindedly to himself. That can't be something too many people can do. Though he also wondered if a poison that corroded things was actually poison or if it was really an acid. He blinked several times and just stared blankly when she said she'd have to fight naked. Then, he turned away with a rather unconvincing bout of fake coughs, his face burning bright red.

His face cooled down as a weirdly excited Ferra started outlining a plan of attack. It seemed like it just might work in his mind, aside from a few possible issues. He spoke up about her plan first, which honestly he felt should be the case as the captain. Especially when he wasn't the one coming up with the plan in the first place. "I can act as the bait in that plan. After all, nothing can really damage my body for real. It can hurt temporarily but, y'know, logia user." He bit the tip of one thumb in thought for a moment before addressing another thought. "Though if they come in heavy numbers this plan could have issues. Also, does anyone else think they might be nocturnal? I haven't seen any around on the island yet, and that shark left us be just as we were reaching a point where sunlight could reach us. Anybody else?"

Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Azure Sky Azure Sky

Not far from the village there was a small lagoon. There was still a slight trace of fog that covered the bay. The air stank of rotting organic matter. Probably because there was a lot of that sprawled over the beach. With each slow gulf that entered the bay came a lot of debris from the recent shipwreck. And with that came a lot of bodies. Some were still more or less intact, other parts fell in the categorie 'less'. All of it was swollen because of the water. The watery rays of suns heated it up, causing a nauseating damp of death to evaporate from the bodies. There was no sign of life in the sickening picture, or was there?

There was a slight movement in the debris. Was it just the wind? Or was there actually someone underneath. Two fingers curled around a plank, trying to claw their way out. There was a survivor?! With one hand the plank was lifted and the hand was able to come out from underneath. But what was that?! There was nothing attached to the hand. What witchcraft was this? The hand stretched its fingers. It slowly turned around to orientate itself. It jumped up in surprise as something caught its eye (metaphorically speaking). It started scurrying over the debris in a spider-like manner. It slowly made his way to the top of the debris. With great effort it stretched his middle finger to grab the last latch and pull itself up. It seemed like the creature found his goal. A black suitcase. The one doctors used to carry around. the thing started freeing the bag from the debris. When all of it was cleared, he grabbed the handle and started pulling the bag down to the waterline. Once he got there it snapped its fingers as hard as possible and started jumping around. Who was he signaling to?

Not long after that the water in front of the thing started rippling. Through the water surface a fluffy white ball could be seen, like mold suspended in water. The analogy was quite fitting. As it broke the surface the hair fell flat over a skull. The eye sockets were hollow, but somehow still had eyes in them. One piercing blue, the other brown. The nose was a bit crooked, but seemed like the most normal thing in the face. Most people would be distracted by the lips, which were enormous. They were not always that big, but water did that kind of thing to corpses when they were underneath the water. The lips pouted and spouted some water out of it. "Hey Thing! Don't you think I look fabulous with these lips?" The hand on the put his thumb up while it kept jumping around energetically. What monstrosity had that hand thing summoned from the water. "I am glad that you're okay. I almost thought that the shark had seen you as a nice treat, but than I remembered that you probably taste as horrible as me. And you even found my bag, thank you Thing." He took another step to shore, revealing his shoulders and one missing arm. He exhaled a high pitched scream. "Eeeeeehk!"

"Whaaaaa!"
Another scream answered the first one. From the edge of the debris a man had sprung up and started running towards the village. The man had come there to look for survivors and had watched the whole spectacle. He had tried his best to hide his cover. He was quite confident that he could manage a zombie hand. He tried to smile with his trembling lips. He had to keep smiling. However, when the hand summoned its master from the waves it had been to much for the poor man. A human zombie?! And a sassy one at that. He wouldn't be able to handle it on his own. He had the village. He got up and sprinted to the forest line, all while screaming out his lungs. A malevolent humanoid zombie was coming for them all.

Jayjay turned his head. He had heard it so often that it didn't even surprise him anymore. Soon there would be more screams. He would have to pick up his pace and hide. He put another foot forward on the soft substance that had startled him before. "Hey, cook-san, you should exercise more often. Having so much fat is unhealthy. I would say: it will kill you one day, but I guess that is not necessary anymore. Jayhayhayhayhay!" He took a big step off the body under the water. I a few big strides he arrived at the beach. He got on his knees and extended his pinky to Thing, which thing embraced with his own pinky. "Good to see you again!" Jayjay said. He touched the stump where his left arm should have been. "He abandoned us again. I don't even know how he got separated, but once he was he was set on slamming his fist in the shark's face. The shark ate him in one bite of course. Such a shame, they probably would have been great friends. With their temper and all. Jayhayhay!" Thing shook like he was bending over his belly. At least someone appreciated his jokes.

Jayjay looked around. Plenty of specimens to lend an arm from. He just had to choose the right one. Afterwards he would have to attach it to himself, redo the bandages as a meas of cover and find a hiding place. "Thing, we have a lot of work to do." Thing nodded and got up his shoulder. With the hook on his right arm Jayjay picked the doctors bag up. "Thing, will you lend me a hand?" Thing nodded and got up his shoulder. Together they set out, unaware of the adventure that was awaiting them.

AllHailDago AllHailDago (The man is going to warn a village. Does this solve your "no-target-at-the-moment"-problem?)

Last edited:
Alex Q. Draw
"I don't intend to stay long anyway," Alex nonchalantly replied to Stacy's intrusion complaint. She sat down in a chair and Jet shifted his position to sit on her shoulder. Alex comfortably listened to the rest of what the shipwright had to say. By the sounds of it, the villagers didn't really know a lot about the mechanical zombies. The prospect of a plan was appealing though. It sounded like Stacy would have been more comfortable talking about it outside (less intrusiony that way), but Yukihime quickly began to talk about it. Maybe it was one of those plans that couldn't wait.

Alex listened intently to Yukihime's plan. Even though she had seen a lot of war as a child, the idea of what the poison could do gave her an uneasy feeling. It was amazing that Yukihime could survive something so lethal. The fighting naked tidbit was on odd bit to through in, but as a woman, and one more combat minded at that, it wouldn't distract her. Garret on the other hand...well she just met him and wasn't sure what he'd think about it. She glanced back at her captain as he started to cough; judging from the sound of it, he seemed embarrassed about the whole naked idea.

Alex flashed her captain a smirk before leaning back in her chair. She put her hands behind Jet and her head as Ferra began sharing a plan. It sounded solid enough, though Ferra probably wouldn't be wasting a lot of bullets with her ogling threat due to a largely female crew.

"At the very least the mechanical zombies don't like to hang around the village during the day, but being nocturnal could also explain that," she said. "If that's the case we have some time to kill before the mission," she nonchalantly added as she stood up. "Don't worry captain, I'll snipe the mechanical zombies before they give you too much trouble." She practicality volunteered to be one of the marksmen.

Alex started to walk toward the doorway. "Let me know when you guys are ready to hunt some zombies. You'll find me in the pub," she addressed the group even though she faced the doorway. Once through the doorway, she stopped and turned her head to look back into the room. "I've overstayed my welcome anyway," she causally added with a smirk.

Alex headed toward the pub with the intention to play some poker to kill the time. The villagers didn't seem to have a lot to gamble over, but it wouldn't hurt to play some rounds without any stakes involved. Alex didn't want to get rusty at her favorite card game.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Last edited:
Stacy Beauregard
If there was one thing that irritated Stacy more than the fact that Alex had nonchalantly invited herself into some stranger’s home, it was the fact that Alex seemed insistent upon overstaying her welcome even when Stacy had strongly advised against it. Even though Yukihime had started talking almost right away about her ideas, the woman had done so while walking alongside Stacy out of the home. Alex, on the other hand, decided to stay comfortably intruding in a stranger’s home long after the two women had made it outside the boundaries of the building’s walls. Turning around once she could, Stacy glared daggers at the new crew member who she was slowly learning she was not actually going to get along with in the slightest.

Her eyes remained sharp and focused exclusively on Alex as she listened to Yukihime’s plan and then to Ferra’s additions and details. None of it was terrible and it seemed like it had some potential. However, Stacy was glad when Garret picked up on the problem with it even if he only mentioned it vaguely. She imagined that given her current frustrations with Alex, her own mention of it would not have come out nearly as nicely.

Hearing Alex’s mention of “having some time to kill first,” Stacy rolled her eyes at her. “That’s not exactly true and it’s rude to just vanish on your crew and expect them to be able to find you only when you’re needed. Or did you forget your part of a crew now? Do you know nothing of manners at all?” She took a few steps towards Alex as though pursuing her before she called after the girl. “Maybe we’ll change the whole plan and then how would you know?! You could get us all killed by leaving like that!” Stacy’s frustration was clear and then she turned around, letting Alex continue to walk away if that was what she was determined to do.

Facing Garret, Stacy added, “Can I recommend making sure the people you invite to your crew have enough manners not to get everyone else here killed?” It was more of a side comment than anything with too much sass or attitude.

Then she got more serious and into a planning type of mood. “The man that Yukihime and I talked to seemed to think that the mechanical creatures came from the mountain and I agree that they likely are nocturnal. That might mean that it is better for us to go to them, though. If they are nocturnal and they shut down during the day, then it might be a good opportunity to destroy some without any resistance. And if not, then we can probably at least investigate and figure out more of what’s going on.”

She glanced over the group of people who was listening to her and then her eyes settled on Ferra for a moment. “And then if we go towards the mountain, maybe we can find an area where we might actually be able to lure them out one at a time. I don’t think we’re going to be able to get a situation to work like that if we stay down here and wait for them to come to us.” She added that in because she did agree that Ferra’s plan had potential, but she didn’t want to ignore the flaws it had.

“And if we go to them, then we’ve got something to do rather than having to kill time.” Stacy really couldn’t stand the prospect of potentially having nothing to do for a while.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh AllHailDago AllHailDago Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Azure Sky Azure Sky

Akahana and Arklin
Akahana was a bit surprised when the woman seemed more than open to allowing strangers onto the deck of the ship. Usually when someone was left behind, it was to guard the ship and to make sure no one came aboard to steal anything or worse. It left her a bit at loss for words when Shayden first spoke to her. “Well, no. We’re not from the island.” She said it in that awkward tone that made it clear she was confused by that question in the first place.

The sound of feet hitting the deck alerted her to the fact that Arklin had just landed behind her and he grabbed her hand and prevented Akahana from actually throwing forward the weapon that she had prepared to shoot at the bird. “I don’t think you need a reputation for killing news coos,” he uttered to Akahana only. She pulled the knife down for the moment and there was a sword at Arklin’s own hip that was visible as he finally looked towards Shayden.

“Did I overhear you correctly? Your captain just left? Might I ask who your captain is?”

Although he recognized the woman he was talking to, Arklin saw an opportunity there for something more. Akahana didn’t understand it quite as much as he did, though, because her look of confusion tossed towards her brother was one that showed some small amounts of shock.

“What are you doing, Arklin?” she snapped at him in a whisper.

“Trust me,” he whispered back. Arklin’s mind was going ahead of the situation, to the payday they would get if the captain of this ship turned out to be someone worth more than an individual pirate.

Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion

Alex Q. Draw
Alex stopped walking as Stacy addressed her and talked about her. She didn't say anything, instead she kept her camouflage-overcoat-covered back to the shipwright; hiding her face as the words stung her. She reached into her jacket pocket, pulled out a cigarette and lighter, and began to smoke. She wanted to respond, but she'd need a level head for things to play out better then they already were. Alex was in the middle of formulating her words when she felt Jet peck the side of her face. "I'm working on it, Jet...," she said, sounding a little annoyed at the bird's hastening gesture.

Alex let out a sigh before turning and facing the others. She took a drag and made eye contact with Stacy. "You're right," she replied. "Look, I don't want to turn this into a spiel about my life story, but it's clear we didn't start off on the right foot," she added softly. "I'm new to the whole pirate thing. In fact, until today, I was the opposite of a pirate." Alex took another drag on her cigarette and tapped her belt buckle with her other hand. "This wolf head isn't a random decoration. It means that I'm a part of the Wolf Pack, a bounty hunter group of moderate success. I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it."

Alex raised her arms in a shrug-like gesture. "As one could imagine, the Wolf Pack functioned very different from a pirate group. The people we helped practically opened their doors to us." She smiled as she began to remember some of the grateful citizens she helped, but there was no point or time to list all that out. "When it was time to fight, we'd fight. When it was time to prepare, we'd prepare, but we'd also make sure to give ourselves some downtime between jobs. That's how we remained human." Her smile turned into a frown at her last comment. She wasn't sure why she said it, but what she was sure of was that it began to remind her of her child soldier days.

Another peck from Jet jolted her negative memories away from her mind's eye. She smiled at her hawk before turning her attention back to the group. A spark returned to her eyes as she grinned at them. "You're right. If the plan changes without me knowing, it'll cause some trouble. But there are ways you could let me know. You all may not trust me one-hundred percent yet, but we're a crew now and that means we have to trust each other enough to know that we have each other's backs. We don't have to be friends, but maybe one day we'll be able to think of each other as packmates."

Alex walked up to Stacy and held out a hand for her to shake it, if that's how she wanted to react to it. "I can't guarantee that we'll see eye-to-eye after this, but I'd like to try."

As Alex waited for Stacy's response, she turned her attention to Garret. "Sorry for the hold up, captain. If you're up for a little exploring, Jet and I would be happy to help out with some recon."

Direct interaction: AllHailDago AllHailDago Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Nearby: Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh

Stacy Beauregard and Alex Q. Draw
Collaboration with: shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Stacy did listen to what Alex had to say. Normally, she wouldn't have wanted to, but right now - as far as she could see - they still didn't actually have a plan which made storming off a difficult task. If it had been a more viable option, that would have been exactly what Stacy would've done. Since she couldn't, she kind of had to hear what was said.

"I don't think you're understanding the point of my concern," she said to Alex directly. "I don't care what kind of group you come from or what you're used to. What I care about is that you respect myself and my fellow crewmates. You disrespected me once by staying in the house and overstaying your welcome when you could have so easily stood up and walked out. You disrespected me a second time by walking away and assuming I didn't have anything to add to the plan when I very well did and do have things to contribute to the conversation that you really should hear if you're intending on participating in said plan."

Her hands slipped to the sides of the coat revealing twin pistols strapped on each hip. It wasn't a threat; it was something revealed for the sake of information. "You see, like you, I too am a marksman and if we're going to be working together, that implies that you will have my back and I will have yours. How can I trust you to have my back when you don't care enough to stick around and see what I have to contribute to the plan or enough to respect that I don't want to assume the entire group is welcome in a stranger's home? How can you expect me to believe that you'll have my back after all that?"

It was clear that in Stacy's mind, this had everything to do with respect and nothing to do with where they had come from before that exact moment.

Alex puffed out smoke as she sighed, but left her hand hanging in the air. "You're right about the house thing. I shouldn't have stuck around. Though I have been stuck on this island for a full day. There's a small chance I could have been acquainted with the owner, but it could have gotten heated if that wasn't the case. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you," she replied softly.

The sight of Stacy's guns oddly relaxed the sniper. "I didn't know you're also a marksman. It looks like you've taken good care of those pistols," she said with a brief smile, before looking serious again. "I'm still getting used to the team dynamic. I didn't know you wanted to add your input to the plan. I can't read your mind, I'd need a Devil Fruit for that."

"Since you can't read minds and since you don't know how the team works, wouldn't common sense dictate you make sure EVERYONE here is ok with the plan before assuming it's the actual set in stone plan?! When you assume and you're wrong, you make yourself look like an ass."

"I see that now. It won't happen again," Alex replied. She used both of her hands to pull her rifle off her shoulder and held it with the rifle stock pressed against the ground. "I realize my social skills have been lacking, but let me assure you, when things are coming down to the wire, you can count on me. You can count on this rifle. You can count on Jet. Next time you, or another crewmate, asks me to do something because it's common sense, I'll do it."

Alex held out her dominate hand again to try to get Stacy to shake it. "I promise."

"This isn't about obediance. If you knew the person - which I doubt - and you said it, that still would've been better than completely blowing me off. This isn't about obediance. It's about respect. I'll work with you because I'm sure the captain still intends to keep you around, but until you show me you're capable of respecting me, I'll watch my own back." That was about as much of a compromise as was going to come from Stacy at that point because too many things had fallen off for her to just drop the arguement because Alex said she was trustworthy. Actions would have to make up for actions because words would not make up for actions from where Stacy was standing.

She looked down at Alex's hand and chose to decline, shaking her head ever so subtly.

"Fair enough," Alex sighed. She placed her rifle back over her shoulder and stuck her hands into her jacket pockets. She remained silent and waited for what the other crewmates would say. As she stood around and smoked, a smile suddenly appeared on her face. It was clear to her that Stacy had a good head on her shoulders and that was very respectable.

Meanwhile, Stacy's attention had returned to the Captain and the remainder of their crew, eager to see what their next plan of action would turn out to be.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Shayden Caroline Wolfenhouzer

"We?" Her brow rose at the answer given, taking the awkwardness in the womans voice as complete honesty as the blank in Shayden's mind was filled in by the sudden appearance of another presence. She could only share a glance between the two as they interacted suspiciously between each other. Soon the man shot her a question, which she in turn responded by rolling up the newspaper she held for that while and carelessly flinging it at him with a quick swish! of her hand. "Like I said, my captain just left. If you have business with him-" With her thumb pointing over her shoulder she showed them in the direction of the island. "Just be on your way."

With that she made herself comfortable on deck, laying her back against the railing.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Logan Heilan
Logan personally didn’t have any real plan in mind, but he didn’t know nearly as much as everyone else seemed to about the situation, either. Of all of them, in fact, it seemed like he knew the least. None of their ideas seemed terrible and none of them seemed impossible so there really wasn’t much for him to say. He’d already mentioned that he could fight and he was also sure that they saw his weapons and would realize what he was logically capable of given that he carried them. Listening to Ferra’s spiel, he knew he would probably fit best into the melee vanguard, although he wasn’t going to jump to the assumption that that was where he would be, particularly given the way that Ferra spoke.

Actually, if Logan hadn’t been told that it was Garret’s crew, the way Ferra spoke would’ve led him to believe she was in charge. It was definitely a dynamic Logan wanted to feel out more before committing to anything too extensive. Garret had technically extended a full offer to join the crew and Logan hadn’t gone so far as to accept that full offer just yet. He had a lot more to learn about them first.

On a good day, he might have offered a few suggestions, but after seeing the negative interaction between two of the women - Stacy and Alex, he really wasn’t inclined to say much because he feared that might earn him a spot on someone’s hit list. The argument really wasn’t one he could pick a side on, either. Manners did matter, but sometimes a molehill didn’t need to be made into a mountain. Knowing that he didn’t hold much influence with the group just yet, it seemed better to wait until there was something he could actually do before he said anything.

That being said, he still nodded along with all the ideas people threw out. He liked the thought of investigating further when Stacy brought that up because then maybe he would know more about what was actually going on on the island. He still was figuring out what was and wasn’t ok with this particular group, though, which was what kept him from expressing too much. After all, he did still want a way off the island and right now, they were the closest thing too it.

Garret Z. Allistair

Garret didn't really understand Stacy and Alex's dispute. Seemed to him Stacy was overreacting and Alex was being pretty agreeable. Thinking on it for a second though that seemed to be the way things normally went. Meh, he might as well move on to the plan. He was getting kinda bored honestly. He scratched lightly at his beard and adjusted his glasses.

"Anywho, I think we should probably get the jump on them. If there's a chance they are inactive during the day we can get em all now!" The note of excitement in his voice was quite apparent. His eyes gleaming as he though of fighting a new enemy for the first time in forever.

However before anyone could respond a man came running and screaming into the village. "There's one near the bay. I repeat there is a creature moving in the bay!" The man calling out ran by their group on his path through the village. As he ran by the fear on his face was quite apparent. Garret smiled wide and took off towards the aforementioned bay. He called back over his shoulder as he took off. "Come on everyone, we can make this one the test run for the plan!"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Felix Felix Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh

Alex Q. Draw
Alex nodded, acknowledging the new plan. She was about to start walking toward the forest when a villager ran by screaming something about a creature in the bay. Her smile quickly faded into a look of concern. Even though she was a pirate now, she still stood firm to her bounty hunter sensibilities and wanted to protect the villagers from the mechanical zombies. "There goes the nocturnal theory," she quipped.

The thrill of the fight also glinted in Alex's eyes as Garret ran ahead. She raised up the arm Jet was on, signaling him to take off in flight. Jet leaped off her arm and took off toward the bay. With her cigarette still clenched between her teeth, Alex started to run toward the bay.

Once there she spotted what must be the creature the villager spoke about. It certainly looked like a zombie from afar. Alex grabbed her rifle and attached her scope to get a better look. Through the crosshairs she had a magnified view of the creature. It looked humanoid and she remembered hearing from the village elder that some humanoid mechanical zombies existed, though oddly enough this particular creature didn't look mechanical.

While keeping her sights on the creature, Alex let out a whistle. It was a signal to Jet; in response he began to circle around the creature while flying high in the sky. Alex lined up a shot on the creature's right kneecap and continued to stare down her sights as she addressed her captain. "Should I shoot it?" she asked, though personally she wanted to wait to see if the creature was hostile. She still wasn't sure if it was a mechanical zombie or not.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Felix Felix

Jayjay
"Oumpa-doumpa-do. houm-ti-doumpa-doum" Jayjay hummed while he worked his magic. The humming was completely arrhythmic and had no relation with any song known to mankind. It was also atonal as a whale. Still it was way better than the sound that was masked by the humming. There was a smooching sounds as Jayjay's wrist slid through the watered flesh. He barely could get the saw close enough to the joint. Luckily, most of the blood was already gone, or it would have been even more messy. Finally he heard a crack and the arm came lose. He stopped humming. Triumphantly Jayjay held the limp arm up. It immediately fell down because the only thin with which Jayjay grabbed t were some teeth from the saw. Thing happily jumped up and down on his shoulder. "Finally!"

It had taken him quite some time. He just couldn't find the right size. Most were too small and would have made him look silly. He also found a scrawny cabin boy, but Jayjay ain't no man for wimpy arms. The arm that he had chosen in the end was slightly to long, but there was plenty of muscle to grow new spores in. His last batch had almost completely died from the salty water during is ocean floor walk. The other nice thing about this arm was a tattoo. It was shaped like a heart and it said "mama". Normally he would avoid tattoos, but this one was just silly enough. It wouldn't be a permanent one anyways. Jayjay liked to think he had a mama. He liked to think that she was some kind of hero, or someones sassy black friend. That way he wouldn't have to think too much about where he came from.

He put the saw in the slot from his bag and reached for the mechanical claw, which he connected to his right wrist. He grabbed the new arm at it's biceps and held it to his left shoulder. "Thing, would you do the honors?" Thing gave a thumps up a crawled towards the bag. it rummaged a bit around until it found what it was looking for. It scurried outside with a needle and some thread and moved up the new arm. At the top it started stitching the arm Jayjay's torso. It was very swift and skill-full. It only took a short while before it was done. "Thank you, Thing!" Jayjay stretched his new arm and tested all his muscles. "Excellent work." He shook Thing the hand.

Now it was time to redo his disguise. He was still sitting on top of the corpse while he put scissors on his wrist and started cutting the old bandages which were soaked and ripping themselves apart. He was not aware of the people who were observing him as he slowly unraveled his withered appearance piece by piece.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Lady Warlock Lady Warlock shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Azure Sky Azure Sky Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh ( Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion ?)

Last edited:
Stacy Beauregard
It seemed that the ability of her crewmates to think things through was seriously off kilter today. Stacy wasn’t entirely sure if it had ever been intact in the first place or not, but she was beginning to question the possibility more and more that memory and logic didn’t exist in this particular crew. As far as she was aware, they had just decided - or pointed out at the very least - that “the plan” would likely not work as well as they had hoped because it was unlikely that they were ever going to be able to get one of the creatures all alone repeatedly and that was what the plan required. She was fairly certain they had had some sort of conversation along those lines. However, that didn’t seem to stop the captain from suggesting that they test run “the plan.”

“Hey Captain!” she called out to Garret rather loudly, not really caring who overheard if anyone did at all. “I thought we decided the plan wouldn’t work!!? What exactly are we testing??” Of course, the Captain was completely gone by the time Stacy finished verbalizing her inquiry and she sighed dramatically because of it.

What made the whole situation worse was that Alex ran right off with him. That woman had just said she would try to use some common sense. Where was the logic in putting a plan to a trail when it wasn’t the plan anymore? Stacy had no intentions of trusting anyone who couldn’t think before acting and more and more, that was what Alex was showing herself to be. “... that woman better know how to cover her own back, because she moves too fast for me to keep up… and I ain’t covering her butt when she doesn’t think something through.” Stacy muttered it under her breath as she rolled her eyes and let another exasperated sigh guide her movements.

In the end she did wind up walking in the direction that her crew had charged off in, but she definitely wasn’t running because she didn’t want to charge into a situation in which there was no plan. Unlike the rest of them, she didn’t have a death wish. Stacy truly would not be surprised if they were all engaged in a silly fight that would’ve easily been avoided when she caught up to them.

AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Azure Sky Azure Sky

Yukihime- Voice of Reason

The general behaviour of Garret's crew was obviously a source of great stress for Stacy, from Yukihime's point of view. She could understand her somewhat. The rest of the members where adventurous hot-heads, and, simingly, all over the place. Stacy, by contrast, was an incredibly logical, no-nonsense individual. She raised quite a few very good points, but she didn't seem to get through. Sad, but Yukihime could guess why. Stacy and the rest of her mates where from two different groups of people. And, unfortunately, in such cases, people cannot reach an agreement, mostly because of various psychological factors. At the very least she could comfort Stacy...in her own way.

"Stacy, the so-called plan has indeed many flaws. But until we gain more valuable info, it's our only plan." she smiled "From what I've seen, you're an incredibly logical and organized individual, but there is one thing you should know. Each person is imperfect down to their cerebral structure, which means one thing: we are all insane to different degrees. So even the concept of logic has its flaws. Sometimes actions deemed illogical can have more succcess. Because they are unpredictable, because they cause a better effect, or simply...out of pure luck." with that said, she looked in the direction where Alex and Garret went.

"I am not telling you to change your way of thinking. This world needs people like you as much as it needs foolish people, like your captain. What I'm trying to say is: there's no need for you to stress over it. If we fail, we get up, retreat, replan, and try again. All that matters is...to stay alive." she added, as she started walking away, in the direction that the other two went.

"Maybe I can test some of my experimental acids on that corpse" she thought, as she smiled beautifully, yet sadistically.

AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Felix Felix

Logan Heilan and Stacy Beauregard
Collab With: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

If there was one thing Stacy was glad for, it was the fact that someone else also remembered that their plan wasn’t quite adequate for the situation. That wasn’t quite enough to satisfy her, though, because charging into a fight with a plan destined to fail meant they were destined to fail; and in a fight failing could be the same as dying. That wasn’t something Stacy was about to risk… for herself or the idiots she called her crewmates.

“Even if it's our only plan, doing something that could get us killed is never a good option. I’m sorry, but I can’t be a part of something that could cost lives.” The statement was firm and made directly in the direction of Yukihime.

Yes, Stacy was taking the probabilities and skyrocketing them way out of proportions. That was something she had a bad habit of doing because she’d been in so many situations already in her lifetime that could’ve gone a heck of a lot better than they had. It was a trait that no one was ever going to get rid of unless some good things started happening to her. And staying true.

Clearly, her declaration was final because the moment she said it, Stacy veered off the path that would’ve led her to catch up with Alex and Garret and instead she started heading towards the mountain. She was going to learn more about what was going on here even if no one else cared at all because to Stacy, knowledge was what led to a plan that could actually turn into progress.

Logan, who had been quietly walking alongside Yukihime and Stacy, noted her change in direction with inquisition. He figured it’d be a good excuse for him to leave, and still be doing something if he followed her. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of the current situation. It was a mess, and there was no other way to describe it. No one even seemed to care that he was there, nor did anyone seem to have a sense of one solidified plan.

Logan turned to Yukihime, the one person who was still close by. “Well, there doesn’t seem to be a unified plan of attack here. I’m willing to help in any way I can, but there needs to be some sort of unified idea. This is a pirate crew, yes? Shouldn’t there be some semblance of unity amongst the crew members? I’m going to follow the other that just left because she looks like she has an idea of some sort . Someone can come find me if they need me. If you don’t need me, that’s fine too, but I’d appreciate it if someone found me before you left the island. Your captain said I could tag along.”

He would wait for a few moments for Yukihime’s response, but very little would change Logan’s direction at that point.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Akahana and Arklin
While Akahana was still confused about what her brother’s plan was, Arklin was already putting thoughts into motion as he rolled his eyes at Shayden and stepped in front of his sister. “Why would I go to the island and search for him when I can wait right here? Can’t you respect that waiting here is so much less effort?” As he spoke, he was slowly taking more steps towards her and when she threw the newspaper, he barely even flinched.

Getting closer to her, he started whispering words that Shayden would hear while Akahana wouldn’t. “You know the woman I came with? The girl over there,” his hand gestured back to Akahana but his eyes never left Shayden because he wasn’t about to let her catch him by surprise. “She’s my little sister and she’s sick. I have to save her energy so waiting here definitely sounds better. Now, I’m not the kind of person to let my little sister get hurt for any reason at all and that includes someone who doesn’t want company. So are you going to let us stay or is this situation going to take a turn for the worse?” The answer was completely up to Shayden to decide.

Meanwhile, Akahana did move forward a little. She picked up the newspaper and started perusing its pages. That action actually seemed to interest the news coo still by Shayden and the bird flew over to Akahana and started begging her for money instead.

Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion

Garret Z. Allistair

Garret eyed the corpse thing from the middling distance he and Alex, and Yukihime a few moments later, all stood together. Alex offered to shoot it and Yukihime offered to test melting it in short order. Both sounded like good ideas, but something about the way the thing moved made him reconsider. "Wait a sec you two, something seems off about that thing compared to what they described and what we saw of the shark before landing here." He leaned over, completely ignorant of the concept of personal space, and looked at the thing through Alex's scope. What he saw was weird, but not at all what was described by the villagers.

He leaned back away from Alex's gun and pointed at the man whilst looking at the two women. "Hey, that thing doesn't have any metal parts. It also looks like it's trying to put pieces of itself back on. Maybe it's a survivor of a shipwreck with a fruit power!" He bounced on his heels excitedly. "Do you understand how awesome it'd be to recruit another fruit user JUST before the Grand Line?!" His eyes sparkled at the thought of having another person like him on the crew.

Without saying another word he took off, closing the distance to the thing, no, as he closed the distance he realized it was a him. "Hey! Need any help?! Wanna join my crew when we get you pieced back together!" He yelled the question as he closed the last few feet. Though he was excited, he had to say the smell around him was really making being excited difficult. He eyed the remains around him while looking a bit green, but turned his attention away from that to the guy. "Name's Garret, looks like you could use a bit of help there!"

Azure Sky Azure Sky Felix Felix shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Stacy Beauregard
The shipwright was not aware of whether or not anyone from the crew had noticed her walking off in her own direction and neither did she care, really. Everything that the crew had decided to do so far was something that could’ve easily endangered her life so she wasn’t about to trust them with her life anytime soon. Even if someone had followed her - and to her knowledge no one had - Stacy wouldn’t have trusted them to watch her back anyway.

Trust and willingness to help were two different things, though. Stacy was still a member of the crew and she was never going to take that title away from herself; the only one who could revoke it had charged after the other gunner in the crew and she didn’t think he intended on revoking her position on the ship anytime soon. She had every intention of making her way back to them eventually and of boarding the ship before it took off to wherever their next stop would be. And she was intending on trying to help the islanders, too. In fact, as far as she was concerned, what she was heading to do was going to be miles more helpful than whatever the others were doing.

Stacy was heading to investigate whatever it was that laid on top of the mountain.

Quick footsteps would guide her path and then, when - and if - she saw anything, Stacy had every intention of conducting her investigations quietly. Throughout it all, she never once bothered to look behind her. She didn’t anticipate anyone would be following, after all.

Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen AllHailDago AllHailDago

Alex Q. Draw
Alex lowered her gun and slung it over her shoulder. She let out another whistle, this time signaling Jet to return to her shoulder. "That's some fruit power then...," she said, eyeing Thing. It was strange to see a right hand moving around. The sight of the corpse-like man wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing to look at either. She was glad that she was a sniper; she got to take out her enemies from far away and didn't usually have to see the gruesome stuff. When she did have to see the cruelties of war, it hit her hard. Maybe it was because she was a child soldier it made seeing the results of violence hard, or maybe a part of her innocent brain was fighting back; keeping her from becoming a cruel monster. Now as a young woman she wouldn't hesitate to kill if it meant helping someone, but that didn't mean she'd have to enjoy the act of violence.

Alex used two of her fingers to pull the cigarette from her mouth and exhaled smoke. She then left the cigarette in her hand and rolled it between her fingers. "Since we're introducing ourselves, I'm Alex and this is my bird partner, Jet." she said in a serious tone, still reflecting a little on the nature of war and death. She glanced behind her and noticed that the other crew members hadn't arrived yet. "Hey Captain, it looks like the others are off doing something else," she said, still looking in the direction they came from. She'd understand if Stacy was off somewhere cooling off, the two gunners didn't exactly see eye to eye yet...if ever, but she thought for sure Ferra would have wanted to join in the potential combat, not that they got any. Between Garret, Yukihime, and herself, they were lucky that JayJay turned out to be non-hostile, though she was sure if that wasn't the case the trio could have figured something out.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Azure Sky Azure Sky Felix Felix

Last edited:
Jayjay
"AAAAH!" Jayjay jumped up as the people started talking to him out of nowhere. Thing ran to the shoulder furthest away from the newcomers and hid away behind Jayjay's head. Jayjay was breathing heavily. The man was talking to him, but he only heard a few words. "Help" "Wanna join my crew" and "help" again. Who was this madman? Good thing Jayjay was a bit of a madman himself. He collected himself and fired back: "Whoa there! You startled me. Never provoke a zombie when he is doing his grooming. Thank you very much. No, yes and maybe. No, I can do my piecing together just fine. Yes, consider your crew more sassy than it already was, Garry. I forgot what the maybe was for ... but hey, that's life!"

Thing shyly peeked along Jayjay head, until he saw two yellow bird eyes watching his every move and ducked back. With his left-hand Jayjay picked Thing up to show it to the others. Thing struggled with all his might, but he was no match for the new muscly sailors arm. "Don't be so shy, Thing. Say hello to my new best friends, except for you of course, you are like a part of me. Now go say hello." Jayjay put Thing on the ground. Thing reluctantly scurried over to the people while Jayjay turned his head to Garret and Alex. He put up his hand. "Hi, most people call me 'iiiih, Monster!', but you can call me Jayjay. And that over there is my partner in crime and my right hand, Thing" Thing climbed up Garret's leg to shake his hand. "So, where are these 'others' doing whatever? I am dying to meet my new friends. Jayhayhayhayhay!"

AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Users who are viewing this thread