West Blue Arc: The Mistbound Remnants

[SIZE=18pt]Shayden Caroline Wolfenhouzer[/SIZE]

Upon making sure every tie in the rope ladder was secured around the swordsman, she nodded to herself before looking up at the others on the ship. "Alright, we're ready to go" Getting ready to climb up the ladder only to have the woman from earlier beat her to it, it seemed the distraction was over, leaving Shayden to scamper up after her. Everyone lent a hand in the hauling and with their combined efforts, got him onto the ship in no time. Shayden untied the rope ladder from her possible comrade and laid him up against the railing. Turning her attention to the crew that saved them. "Thanks for the lift, you really saved our lives back there." A statement filled with honest gratitude directed towards everyone yet no one as she felt indebted to all of them. "If there's anything i can do to repay ya, just ask. Actually, hey! You guys are pirates right?" Her eyes washing over every last one. "You're the one that woke me up earlier, i guess you must be the captain then." Addressing the tall blonde haired man she proceeded to make her way over. 

Garret, Shayden, Ferra, and Stacy

Garret was absolutely relieved to have successfully gotten both strangers on board. If it weren't for Stacy and Ferra he never would've succeeded though, that much he was certain of. Ferra's distracting of the.... whatever the hell it was proved vital. While Stacy remained on board, though he could tell she was unhappy about that, and remained a stable helping presence. When he needed someone pulling from above while he lifted she was there. When he needed someone assisting him in finishing the lift she was there. Heck, she got the rope that saved them in the first place! So as one might expect he was a touch bummed to find she had decided to go below deck. "Alright. I'll be down shortly. Thank you." he replied to her as she went below.

Now then what about Fer-. Before he had the chance to turn his attentions on to her he found himself approached by an... interesting woman. She was about a head or so shorter than him with.... really crazy awesome hair to be quite honest. He couldn't remember seeing someone with purple and silver hair before. Or red-purple eyes. Needless to say she was a unique looking individual. "Hi there. Yeah I'm the Captain. Name's Garret Allistair, welcome aboard the Crystal Lotus!" He flashed a wide smile at her. "You're welcome. Glad we could get you out of that mess in one piece. What's your name?"

Standing right before him, Shayden got a better sense of the mans height and could properly assess him. He was definitely six feet tall, and looked like he'd already been on a few adventures himself. She also noticed that his eyes were of different colors being; green and blue, though it wouldn't have been easy to tell unless one had look directly at him from a close distance. Overall his appearance as a pirate captain wasn't intimidating like most would try to be, and he was extremely nice. Infact, somehow he reminded her of her captain. Well... when he first met her back in her village."Name's Shayden Wolfenhouzer, nice to meet ya Garret." Returning his smile she held out her hand for a polite handshake. 

Garret accepted the woman's hand answer shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you Shayden!" He released her hand and cast a glance around until he spotted Ferra. She was busy pulling what looked like a curved, handle-less knife from her leg. He grimaced. "Well Shayden, if you'd like to thank Ferra with me for covering our asses distracting that shark you're welcome to. Though she's probably. .... not in the best of moods."

Shayden shared his glance at the woman, noticing the rather painful looking activity she was participating in. "You're quite the war hero aren't ya." Strolled in Shayden as she leaned on the railing nearby. Garret mentioned just then that she wasn't happy, which would've been pretty obvious due to the fact that soloed a...... shipwrecking sea monster. "Wanted to say thanks for the assist."

The past few minutes or so had largely consisted of finding her way out of her armour. It was an almost mechanical process, but the water made it a bit less practical, and furthermore removing the armour of her right leg was complcated by the shard of metal buried deep in her thigh. She wasn't pleased about that.

Struggling with a knife she'd procurred from under her shirt, Ferra'd grit her teeth a while ago before she'd ever started poking around the wound, doing her best to check for whether the offending blade had any edges or catches she'd not yet found out about. Once happy to find that it was a simple, bevelled edge, Ferra replaced the knife she'd pulled from inside her shirt and tore a strip from the bottom of that self same shirt. With a grimace and a growl, she tied it around her leg and prepared to remove the blade when she realised she was being spoken to by one of the new arrivals.

Heh, war hero...

Youngblood likely wouldn't know war if it ran up and bit her in the arse.

"Do yourself a favour girl, next time don't get yourself into any fucking trouble, fixes the problem right there, doesn't it?"

Gripping the blade tightly, Ferra began to pull at it, but quickly stopped at the realisation that she wasn't going to be able to pull it out herself, or at least without being hopped up on adrenaline. The human body didn't like that form of action after all. Eyes shifting between the pair before her, the woman's mood soured as she made her decision, even if she trusted him more than the youngblood.

"Right girl, toddle off, done with you. Garret! I don't particularly need your help, but if you don't mind coming and pulling this out of my leg whilst I prepare to bandage it."

Garret sighed. He was sorta already used to Ferra's somewhat aggressive attitudes, but he doubted many others were. He tried to tell Shayden she wasn't going to be happy. "Course I'll help Ferra. Last I checked you're part of my crew, temporary or no. I wouldn't let you just suffer for your help." He approached, trying to think back on the basic ways his father's crews doctor dealt with these kinds of wounds. He held out his thumb and index finger, which elongated and took on a translucent sheen. "Just try not to take any of the pain out on me in the process."

From her response, Shayden could tell that she was one of those people who were not just rough around the edges, but rough all over. Now understanding what Garret meant she took a solid stance before her, holding out her arm in front of Garret for him to stop. The rude comment from earlier would've normally instantly set her off, but in respects to the wounded she merely stood her ground. "First off, this girl has a name. Second." She folded her arms glaring down at her target. "Being a pirate is trouble plenty enough, and just like I chose to become one, I also decided to sail these dangerous seas at my own risk." 

She was about to lecture the crap out of the injured woman, only then squatting down to her eye level. "Besides, since you got yourself into trouble and got a giant metallic tooth up yer ass, I'd say you're better off following your own advice." After her statement she eye'd the knife.

If there was ever a literal statement to an icy glare, Shayden would have been frozen in her steps the moment she'd opened her motuh, but instead Ferra let her push, let her test the waters. After all, she didn't need to be standing at the moment, so when the girl decided she'd lean on down just for her...

Oh...

Well that was just perfect.

Meeting the girl's eyes with her own deadened stare, showing clear that she had next to no care in the world as to whether or not it led to a confrontation, Ferra slid her rifle up through her hands silently until it came to a rest just below the girl's chin, the sling wrapped around her body still.

"You get called by a name when you earn the right, girl. You get called a pirate when you can stand equal to something I'd consider a threat. You got on this ship only because I decided that Garret's cause was worth upholding. You now have got five seconds to maintain a minimum distance of five metres from me, before you've got yourself a new hole in yourr jaw to blow hot air from."

No shouting, no raised voice, no sudden movements. Just exact, precisely measured adjustments where needed, and a solid, levelled voice that brokered no argument.

"I don't know you, I don't think I care to know you. Move out of the Captain's way. Now." Ferra stated sharply, before letting her eyes move past the girl and to Garret, "Garret, you're the captain, you wanted the new... cabin girl... as a former Captain I would appreciate you exercising your position to handle this situation before I handle it for you."

Eyes staying on Garret, but peripherals just itching for the girl to make a move for her rifle, Ferra waited for the crew member she'd chosen to trust to do what she expected of him.

Garret eyed the pair with a look that somehow mixed indifference with annoyance in a weirdly muted manner. "Shayden, I do suggest you back off before she goes through with her threat. While I strongly urge her to refrain from spilling the blood of those she got injured to save, she is as far as I've seen not one for idle threats." He said past Shayden to tend to the injury. "I did warn you.", he said this last bit with a bit of mirth in his voice.

Shayden acknowledged every word the woman said, maintaining her ever piercing glare throughout the cold kiss of metal beneath her chin. It was as if she was staring into a grey abyss as she accepted the staring contest between her and the woman. Instincts now screaming at her to back down as the words she squatted to merely increased what little anger she felt from having her pride as a warrior of the sea tugged at by a stranger. Inhaling whatever cool air spared from the intense moment, Shayden got up and relieved herself of the others presence. 

Garret made direct eye contact with Ferra and spoke clearly. "This is going to hurt like hell as I'm sure you know. Brace yourself as needed before I begin."

Nodding as she took in a deep breath, Ferra found it wasn't the pain she was most put off by. Pulling her knife back out, she put the wooden hilt in her mouth and bit down before grabbing both ends of the shirt piece tied arround her leg and pulled them tight to either side, nodding and growling through her gritted teeth.

"Hull, anf fen juft hack away from me."

Garret blinked in surprise. "You... realise this isn't likely just a pull and done right? If this tooth is modelled after real shark teeth the end is jagged afternoon serrated. I'm gonna have to cut a little bit around it to pull it out safely."

Tossing the knife down into the deck expertly with her teeth, Ferra grimaced as she realised what it was all going to entail. Again, pain wasn't the issue. Taking in another breath, she looked at Garret and spoke.

"Can you go fetch Stacy. I wouldn't pull her into this, but you're going to need her here to work safely. Just tell her I need her to be here to take up my attention, I'll have everything ready when you get back." then, as she drew her rifle strap from around her body, she removed it from the weapon and eyed the new girl with a touch of disdain, but knew she really didn't have a choice, "And you, girl, you want to get on what little of a good side that I have, do your captain a solid favour and use this strap to tie my hands. You don't want him getting hurt, do you?"

Having Set up shop on the other side of the ship, she'd been leaning against the railing. Called out to by the woman few moments later was Shayden as she sighed and looked in her direction. "No I don't. Doesn't mean I'll automatically listen to you though." 

Garret meanwhile made himself scarce as he went to retrieve Stacy. Today was already shaping up to be a bit of a stresser. He really just wanted to relax and restock before the Grand Line. Sighing for the millionth time that day he found Stacy below deck. "Hey. Thanks for your help before. Ferra and I could really use your help topside right quick. I'm urethane he'll e glad.... err she'll be willing to explain when we get up there."

Before Stacy had heard Garret's footsteps, she had just been settling down to return to the work she had been doing that morning before all the chaos. And then before that, she had surveyed the new damage while rolling her eyes and grumbling. The one good thing about this ship was that it always seemed to be breaking so there was always something for her to do. For Stacy, that was good. For the ship, it was not. It wasn't her job to buy a new ship when this one simply couldn't be fixed anymore, though, so she wasn't about to complain. While it could be fixed, she would fix it. 

Then, however, she heard him and she turned to face him. Listening to what he said, what he asked, and what he tried to explain, she could only furrow her brow for a few reasons. Help? Before? She'd grabbed rope. Anyone could have done that. It wasn't something she was going to complain about now, though. Instead, there was something else that caught her attention. "She'll? As in... one of the newbies or as in 'Miss Take on the World All By Herself'?" 

Garret grabbed at the bridge of his nose as he let out a sigh. "Let's not do this right now please. I've already got her and the new girl at each other. Please be the other sane individual aboard, alright?" Following that he simply turned around and went up the stairs. 

The shipwright scoffed at his reply. It wasn't exactly the kind of thing she wanted to hear from any man she was forced to call her captain even if it was quite possible that their relationship would last long. He'd been on the ship with her and Ferra for a few days now and surely he had realized that the two had no intentions of becoming best friends anytime soon. Of course she had no immediate desire to scramble up and help. In her mind, only an idiot would expect such a thing. It didn't mean she wouldn't come up after getting in a jab or two verbally while Ferra couldn't hear, but the fact that he seemed entirely annoyed with it rather than seeming to expect such a response was annoying.

Remaining on her knees, she let him walk up on his own for a few moments, content to let him think that she wasn't planning on coming with her. 

Once he reached the top, though, and once she could no longer see him, Stacy slowly folded up the mat she had been kneeling on, she slipped her tools back into her belt, and she jogged up the steps, not quite in a leisurely manner, but also not rushed. If it was an emergency, he should have said something on that matter. 

She was on the deck now and that had to be what mattered. 

Having not expected much in the way of a solid response from the girl, Ferra had instead already set tying her own wrists together, excersising a good use of her teeth to ensure the knot stayed solid as the watched for her captain and crewmate to come above deck. As she did she also practised her breathing excersises, something she'd learned to do in battle a while ago to keep her head from becoming too... clouded.

Watching as Garret came above deck, Ferra about cursed herself as it appeared that Stacy wasn't going to follow. Nothing against her either, but it would have been nice to see her willing to help. Mind already combing through alternatives, everything came to a stop when Stacy did indeed come above deck. There was a warmth Ferra didn't often feel that settled in her as she looked at the woman in well hidden surprise before speaking out.

"Stacy, it is good to see you came to help Garret. He needs your help in removing this tooth from my leg. But it's too dangerous for him to do it alone, and I needed someone I could trust to sit on my arms and keep my attention. Just so that the captain isn't put at ill risk, you understand. And you won't be under any threat, you'll just help me keep my breathing steady."

"He needs my help?!" Stacy's eyes glimmered with fickle amusement as they shined like daggers, eyebrows raised at Ferra while she watched the woman who was unable to move much on her own in her present state. "It don't look like Garret himself's having any troubles moving around. Looks like you're the one in trouble here. Or are you too good to even say that you need help?" The question hung in the air, heavy and thick. 

Ferra's eyes narrowed in irritation, one of the only emotions she was good at expressing anymore, but she found herself at odds with Stacy's comment. There wasn't a good comment to come back with. Realistically, she very much could still harm someone in her state. To prove the point Ferra rose to her feet quickly, regardless of the blood that pumped out of her wound when she did so, and limped toward Stacy. Reaching out, she grabbed the girls shirt, heedless of anything she did to deter her as she turned the two of them so that her back was to the rest of the crew. Because with her back turned to Garret, and with the other girl far and out of sight, Ferra let her facade slip. From fists gripping Stacy's collar to a hand resting against her collarbone, Ferra leaned in close, her breath alighting the air only just far enough to reach Stacy's ears.

"Please, I don't want to hurt him."

A subtle tremor went through Ferra's spine, nothing that was visibly noticeable, but it was there nonetheless as she waited for Stacy's response.

At first, when Ferra had started moving, Stacy's instinct reaction had been to allow her hand to fly to her hip where her fingertips curled around one of the twin pistols she always carried with her. And she was fully prepared to draw it too, simply because she wanted to make it clear that she wasn't about to take any crap from the whole situation that she seemed to have gotten herself into. Her hand stayed there as Ferra grabbed her shirt, as the two of them turned, and it was only when Ferra's hand relaxed that Stacy's grip on her weapon did the same. She heard Ferra's brief words and a small breath was exhaled from her lungs as her eyes looked down. For the briefest of moments, Stacy didn't want to meet the eyes of the former marine woman. 

It didn't last long and in the end, she was able to lift her head again, realising that they probably only had a second before someone would try to pull them apart and prevent them from harming each other. At least, as far as Stacy was aware, that was definitely what the beginning of their situation had looked like. She wouldn't expect Captain Garret to just allow such a thing to happen. 

She took what second they had to simply nod. Although she did reply with words, too, they were too simple for anyone to get what had just passed between them. "Alright." 

Since nothing was holding onto her, Stacy could simply step backwards from how close together they were and then she wondered if she should say anything at all before they got started. Surely someone would notice if her tone changed too drastically and she wasn't sure that moment of fragility was something Ferra wanted others to be aware of. In fact, she was almost certain Ferra wouldn't want that. 

"What do you want me to do to help again?" she asked it because she honestly hadn't been paying much attention the first time. 

Nodding as Stacy agreed to help, Ferra's face went back to its generally nuetral look as soon as the woman stepped back, even if she was extremely relieved when she'd heard the woman agree to help her. Walking back over to where she'd already gotten herself ready, she sat down and spoke.

"Stacy, when I lay down, if you could just sit on my arms when I raise them over my head, and then just hold my head and keep me focused on you, and only you. It will help me keep my fight instincts in check as Garret does what he needs to do," Ferra stated simply, before looking at Garret, "For you, captain, I'd advise sitting on my lower legs just so I don't accidentally lash out. If you can just get it out, I'll need to you back away as soon as you do, and I can likely patch it up as best as I can myself. Or with Stacy's help if she's willing."

Taking one more solid breath, Ferra laid back and raised her arms over her head, doing her best to keep her mind focused on her breathing patterns.

"I could be," Stacy replied to Ferra's question that wasn't really a question. When Ferra raised her arms up, Stacy slowly lowered herself on top of them, unsure of how to balance her weight adequately while sitting on a person's arms. It was odd to say the least. She managed it, though. And then her hands held the sides of Ferra's head, palms over her ears, although she knew that if the marine woman fought her hold enough, she probably could break it. Stacy just had to hope that Ferra wouldn't want that. 

Garret was happy to have the possible violence between the two end without issue. For a second there he was sure someone was going to be hurt or killed. He eyed Stacy and Ferra both and nodded at Ferra's words. "Alright, sounds simple enough." Garret sat carefully on the lower half of Ferra's legs at about the same time Stacy did her arms. He sat forward and looked at the wound. He used the fingers of his left hand to simply examine the wound and find where the knife was serrated. 

As it turns out there were only a couple edges towards the point that were serrated, which made the whole affair much easier. "Alright, I have to do a small bit of cutting so brace yourself." After giving her a moment he used his right thumb and index finger, in the form of scalpel like glass, to cut the bits of flesh away from the edges. After that he transformed them into flat edges and kept them between the knife and flesh as he pulled it out. There was an unpleasant scraping noise as knife crossed glass, but otherwise there was no more issue. The knife came clear of her leg with a swift scraping noise. After that he hopped off her legs  with a mix of swiftness and gentleness. "Alright, you're good to go."

Stacy cringed at the sound of Garret's work. Yes, she'd heard some unusual sounds when metal scraped metal, but she knew flesh was involved somewhere in this one and it made it worse somehow. She was kinda glad that she had her palms pressed hard against Ferra's ears and she hoped it managed to muffle some of what she otherwise would have heard.

Knowing that Ferra wanted to bandage herself up, Stacy stood up off of the woman's hands so that she would actually be able to do that. 

As Garret had set to work, and Stacy had, thankfully, helped, Ferra kept all of her attention on the woman who held her arms still as she kept her breathing paced properly. Even still, with Garret working all of her muscles were taut, demanding she do something, anything, to remove the issues that she was facing. 

Much to her thanks the man worked quickly and had indeed listened to her when she's told him to back away. As soon as she was able she swung her torso up, wrenched her hands free of the belt quickly and set to bandaging her leg. Of course she didn't have a surgeon's touch or any fancy schooling, but binding the wound wasn't nearly as bad as trying to keep herself alive after some of the fight she'd been in whilst serving the Marines.

Still, she couldn't have done it nearly as well without their help, and she nodded in approval at the Captain before using her rifle to aid in pulling herself to her feet. Putting weight on her leg momentarily, Ferra shook her head and forced herself to look back to Stacy.

"I... ahem, if you would like, Stacy, I could escort you back downstairs, perhaps aid you in discussing what will be needed to repair the vessel. If you would like me too, of course."

The honest truth was there was no way she was getting back up to the crow's nest, and she didn't feel like staying above deck with the girl or the Captain.

Stacy's mouth set in the oddest expression she had probably worn since she'd climbed aboard the ship as she met Ferra's gaze. "Uhm, I kinda already know what I need and that's mostly just time... an awful lot of time, but you're welcome to come down anyway." She shrugged, unsure of what Ferra would do while she hammered away at the hull. 

Nodding firmly, Ferra limped for a second, doing her best to use her rifle as a crutch as she made her way to Stacy's side. Once she drew near enough to not be heard by anyone else she whispered a word of thanks to the woman as she prepared to follow her below deck.

@Silver Lightning Blade

@DaughterofAthena

@AllHailDago

Stacy and Ferra

[SIZE= 14px]Stacy found herself in a rather unique and unpleasant situation. If she could seek the company of anyone on the ship, it definitely wouldn't have been Ferra's company. Yet it seemed that was what she was going to deal with for now. Glancing briefly at the woman before she started walking, Stacy offered one more question. [/SIZE]"Are you sure you can make it down the steps?"[SIZE= 14px] It wasn't worded rudely or anything like that; Stacy was simply hesitant considering the awkwardness of using a rifle as a crutch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Accepting the fair question, Ferra had too been questioning how she'd make it down. Still though, it would have been easier ten fold than trying to alight to the crow's nest in her condition.[/SIZE]

"Well, if you hear me curse, lean to the side and I'll be tumbling by in a moment, eh?"[SIZE= 14px] she jibed crudely before continuing, [/SIZE]"That and it's a far shorter trip down these stairs than if I fell trying to get back up to my gear in the crow's nest right now."

[SIZE= 14px]Letting a silence fall as she started to shuffle from step to step, shifting her weight onto her left leg regularly as she found that it wasn't quite as frustrating as she had initially anticipated. Her descent was also aided by the walls as she found purchase against the wood as she steadied herself on them.[/SIZE]

"I will admit, this was easier an hour ago than it is now. What did that hellspawn of a shark do as far as damage is concerned to the hull?"

[SIZE= 14px]Stacy could not stop herself from rolling her eyes at that question when they finally made it down. She pulled over a few boxes, trying to set up an area where Ferra might be able to sit and then she hoped that the former marine woman would do just that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She did give an answer though. She smirked as she said it. [/SIZE]"If I already knew what the damage was, then I wouldn't have to come down her to check before reporting it to the Captain and I would have told Garret right away before we came down."[SIZE= 14px] Without waiting for a reply, Stacy ventured around the small routes of the storage areas of the ship, her eyes silently surveying as she moved through the area that she was already far more familiar with than most other members of the crew would probably ever need to be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Letting the barb fall flat, Ferra truly didn't feel like responding to it. Instead she took the offered seat and leaned back against the wall and let out a long sigh. Now that all the excitement was over, she really felt the exertion of combating the creature from the depths catching up to her. After the simple jobs in Mirstone, it was clear to her that she'd let herself grow accustomed to the ease of beating a few simple pirates about the ears and sending them on their way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Looking down the way Stacy had gone, there was a begrudging respect for the woman growing in Ferra. No complaints, no whining. Bit of an attitude, but then she couldn't talk much. She still hadn't truly expected Stacy to help her either, but then she wasn't the best judge of characters. Perhaps she'd been too harsh on the 'hope' fuelled woman when they had first met.[/SIZE]

"Stacy, anything I can help with. Ten seconds into it and sitting around is already driving me insane."

[SIZE= 14px]For some annoying reason or another, sound actually managed to carry below the deck of the ship. Stacy didn't like it, but she knew that it made sense for it to be that way and so she had to deal with it as it was. [/SIZE]"Not unless you know how to evaluate the condition of a ship and report it in a way that makes sense to me,"[SIZE= 14px] she called back through the piles of storage that she hadn't looked through just yet to see what might be there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]As far as her own work went - as far as taking care of the ship went - Stacy actually preferred to work on her own because she knew her own work. She didn't know what kinds of repair work other people were capable of and she wasn't about to let herself be left with something that she'd have to fix again in a few days. If something was going to be fixed, she was going to make sure it was done right the first time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Arriving at the damage that the ship had endured, though, Stacy slowly began to realize that that was going to involve a lot more work than it had initially.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Sighing to herself and realizing that she'd be walking into that corner quite frequently, Stacy decided there was one thing she could give to Ferra to do. [/SIZE]"I suppose, though, if you're able and you could clear an uncluttered path back into this corner, its a place I'll be needing to get to quite often now by the look of things."

[SIZE= 14px]Nodding and rising from her seat in an instant Ferra used either the walls or boxes around the hall to offset any imbalances as she limped towards the walkway Stacy needed cleared up. Rope, crates, cargo both box and barrel, empty and full, littered the path way and Ferra couldn't help but grimace at the messy way the hold was handled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Perhaps she was going to have to get around to cleaning it all up once she was back in proper form. For now, however, moving the current mess for Stacy was easy enough.[/SIZE]

"It's nothing too troublesome, seeing as I don't have much to do."[SIZE= 14px] she remarked, somewhat kicking herself for the situation that brought her into this situation. It was a mess, and certainly not what she had planned for. In all honesty though, she came because it was a ship, and as much time as she'd spent on land, she preferred to be on her sea legs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Pushing a particularly weighty barrel into a corner, a thought struck Ferra as she looked down the way at Stacy.[/SIZE]

"You know, pirate life, marine life, there's a strong amount of violence to be expected in the lifestyles of those that choose to follow them. What made you pick to be a shipwright on a pirate's vessel rather than something more suited to a peaceful lifestyle,"[SIZE= 14px] Ferra mused as she continued to work, tacking on her reasonings as an after thought, [/SIZE]"You certainly don't care much for the rough attitude."

[SIZE= 14px]Given that Ferra seemed slightly eager to have something to do, Stacy didn't join in clearing the path because then there would be less for Ferra to do in the long-run. For some reason or another, Stacy didn't want to do that. It didn't quite make sense to her, and it also was frustrating because while she waited for Ferra to clear a path, she also didn't think it would be fair for her to just start working on the ship. Which essentially meant that once again, Stacy had nothing to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She sighed to herself as she watched Ferra start working and then she resigned herself to pushing a few boxes out of the way herself just because she couldn't stand and do nothing. Stacy wasn't capable of it.[/SIZE]

"What makes you think I'm opposed to violence?"[SIZE= 14px] she snapped at first, frustrated that Ferra seemed to be leaping to conclusions. [/SIZE]"You seriously think I'd be carrying weapons with no clue how to use them? Or the fact that I didn't jump overboard on a ship to fight a crazy sea creature means that I don't know how to fight?"[SIZE= 14px] From her tone, it was very clear that that wasn't actually the case.[/SIZE]

"I know how to fix things. It's what I'm good at. I would've gone anywhere that would have taken me. This ship just happened to be the first option I found. I want to go home, but I can't. They'd arrest me the minute they saw me..."[SIZE= 14px] Stacy's gaze drifted downward as she added that final statement; it wasn't something she was happy about.[/SIZE]

"Arrested as soon as you arrive. Well, I can understand the sentiment."

[SIZE= 14px]Letting the silence sit for a couple minutes as she moved to shift another box to the side. Once it was out of the way she began to lift up some cluttered objects off the floor and stack them on top of the box.[/SIZE]

"Tolerating violence, accepting that things happen. It's not the same as understanding it. Though it likely is best for you that you don't. I just don't see many of your types in this line of work. The same goes for the Captain as well to be honest. You're both... kind.. It isn't something I find amongst the sea."

[SIZE= 14px]Wiping a slight build up of perspiration from her brow, she cast another look over at Stacy as she thought back to what happened above deck. That the woman had come to help her even though she clearly didn't have a good opinion of her. Something told her Stacy hadn't come to help just to see her in pain, it didn't seem like her at all.[/SIZE]

"I'm not opposed to it, just off set from what I've acquainted myself to."

[SIZE= 14px]At Ferra's final comment, Stacy picked up her head and glanced towards her crewmate. [/SIZE]"I may not know much about the sea or the water or the tides or anything like that,"[SIZE= 14px] she began, [/SIZE]"but I do know that the minute you start getting comfortable on a ship, things change. I guess... I just didn't think change would surprise you as much as it seems to. Familiar as you are with the water, I thought change would be second nature because the water always seems to change."

"Ever changing is my standard. I tend to be a very on edge person."

[SIZE= 14px]It was a simple statement, but immediately after saying it Ferra realised that her tendency of being blunt and perhaps rude was part of what had initially upset the woman. After the help she'd received, well if there was one person worth trying to keep happy at this point, it was Stacy. At least Stacy was someone she felt she could trust to some degree.[/SIZE]

"That was direct. I didn't mean it like that. While the message of the statement stays the same, what I meant to say is that I haven't lived at a steady pace in... well I don't often think back that far,"[SIZE= 14px] the former captain stated, trying to off set her tone of voice and make her words come across as kinder. [/SIZE]"You don't sound like you're too happy with the changes you've had to deal with Stacy, but you seem to have handled things well enough. I have respect for that to be honest, it's not something many people can handle, simply swapping their lifestyle."

[SIZE= 14px]Stacy started shaking her head. It was not because anything was wrong with what Ferra said and it was also not because she actively disagreed with any of it. However, Stacy heard an underlying assumption that was inaccurate. [/SIZE]"I haven't lived at a steady pace, either, you know. I've been on the run and I can't stop until... until I don't even know when."[SIZE= 14px] She truly had been so close to everything she had ever wanted and the lack of it in her life painted some small sorrows on her expression then.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Her eyes turned downward and Stacy ran a hand through her short dark hair, trying to gain some control over herself because she really didn't know waht she could say that wouldn't be the same as giving up all control over herself in that moment. The pause from it was probably not short enough to conceal the emotional struggle, but Stacy didn't want to turn it into something worse, either. The moment she could, she picked her head back up and her eyes had hardened once more, her expression more stoic because she needed that restraint right then.[/SIZE]

"I think you're ignoring that some people don't have a choice in the changes they go through. And when there is no choice, you handle it or you don't make it through."[SIZE= 14px] Part of what allowed her to say that was the generality of it. She wasn't speaking specifically to her own situation although she definitely fell into that category. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"Handling it and attaining a steady pace are two different things entirely, though. Until you're not an outsider somewhere, things will never be steady. And I've been on the outside looking in since I arrived in Mirstone. You said it yourself, actually. You just don't find someone like me out here."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Stacy sighed at the truth of things, and then she pulled a tool from her belt, fiddling with it anxiously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]There wasn't a tangible way Ferra's mind could find a way to respond that didn't make her want to either hurt something terribly or, well, she couldn't allow the other option. Instead she let the silence sit for a few moments, finishing up the last of the work to clear the aisle before finally opening her mouth.[/SIZE]

"I understand."

[SIZE= 14px]It was flat, hollow even. Simply understanding wasn't any way to explain how she truly felt, what she wanted to say, or the anger that any of it brought to her mind. What she could do, however, was admit one thing that was plaguing her, and perhaps would offer her refuge from the situation she'd gotten herself into.[/SIZE]

"I am very tired."[SIZE= 14px] Ferra noted, pushing some things off from the top of a long crate before climbing atop it and laying down. Her eyes closed and she readied herself to close off from the world, but she felt Stacy deserved to hear one last thing, even if she couldn't quite put her full heart into it right now.[/SIZE]

"Thank you, Stacy."

[SIZE= 14px]Ferra's closed eyes would not be able to see the subtle smile that spread across the mechanic's face, but she might have been able to hear the soft breath that naturally came with any smile that followed a sadder expression. Stacy really had no way of knowing if Ferra would know it was there or not and quite frankly, she wasn't too bothered by that much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]One more thought would cross her mind before she was able to return to her work, though, and she gave voice to it unsure of whether or not Ferra would hear it. [/SIZE]"That really is a terrible place to sleep, you know,"[SIZE= 14px] and there was a chuckle in her voice as she proceeded to start hammering away at the boards of the boat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Collaborative Post with: @Pequeno Burraidh[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Garret Z. Allistair

Garret kept things going strong while Ferra and Stacy went below deck. From the look of things they might actually get along down there! Definitely something to be happy about. On top of that he might have a fourth and possibly a fifth new crewmate depending on if Shayden and her unconscious friend wanted to join. He inhaled slowly and enjoyed the smooth, cool, foggy air. Now that the shark seemed to be leaving them be he felt things were going to go well for the remainder of the day! He smiled wide and shouted to Shayden. "I have to keep the ship sailing steady. I'd suggest for the moment leaving your unconscious friend there until we can get a doctor on the island. I hear moving someone too much with neck injuries is dangerous. There is food, a place to rest, and clean up below deck if you need it."

Following that he raised the anchor and returned to the wheel of the ship. He smiled softly as he held the wood of the ships wheel in his hands. Staring out into the fog and pondering how close they were to the island. As his thoughts drifted he wondered what his dad and mom would think of his pirate career so far. It has taken nearly a year to begin to get the start of a crew. He isn't strapped for money thanks to a few kinda dumb pirates who attacked him unprepared, but he wasn't rolling in money either. Was he ready for the Grand Line after this island? He bit his lip in thought. He nodded to himself. Yeah, he was ready. After all, adventure was what he was about. He has a navigator and a shipwright at least, and he can cook and do basic medicine to a small degree until he could get a cook or doctor. With Laura, Ferra, Stacy, and possibly Shayden and her friend he was relatively sure adventuring would be just fine in the early Grand Line. As he reassured himself he relaxed and sailed through the obscuring mists.

It took about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, but the glass rods on the front of the ship finally began to touch lightly on the ocean floor. Which could only mean they were reaching far more shallow waters. The island slowly began to come into view through the mists, which had begun to lift slightly as midday came about. As the island finally came into full view, almost as if the mists simply veiled the island itself, Garret got a full look at it's make up. A beach circled as far as he could see around this coast of the island, with no dock to speak of. There was a small village a short distance from shore to the right side of the island, with people seeming to come to the beach. Perhaps they heard the fight in the fog? Beyond that was a forested area, and to the left side of the island was a small mountain range. As they began to get a bit too close to running ashore Garret dropped the anchor. He yelled out to Shayden, Ferra, Lara, and Stacy as he did so. "We've made it everyone! Prepare to join me in the small boat I keep for landing on islands without docks if you're coming ashore!" As he said this he lowered the boat he had roped to the one side of the ship, though he kept it tied to it until they were prepped to leave. Finally he tossed a rope ladder down to the boat, and waited next to it for his crewmates to come topside. He hoped they were as ready to go ashore as he was!

@DaughterofAthena @Pequeno Burraidh @MidnightStar @Silver Lightning Blade

@Azure Sky {if yukihime is going to the beach to meet them}

@The One Eyed Bandit @simj22

Stacy Beauregard

While she was working below deck, Stacy’s body remained acutely aware of the movements of the ship just because she needed the stability of her own two feet to make sure that she didn’t break anything instead of fixing it. Additionally, the thought remained in her mind that it was surprising Ferra had been able to sleep through the noise of Stacy’s working. The noise was soothing to Stacy, yes, but that was because Stacy was around that noise all the time and came to consider that noise part of wherever was home for her. Home itself tended to move a lot because she moved a lot, but the concept revolved around a place where she could fix things, a place where she could work, a place where she could be busy.

Stacy felt the ship come to a stop before she heard the captain’s call.

Then, although she heard Garret’s call, she didn’t quite stop working in time to make out all his words. It meant she was going to head above deck to figure out what was up. Briefly, she glanced at Ferra and sighed to herself. She knew she really probably shouldn’t leave Ferra down below deck and she knew that there was a chance if she left her there, then she might just end up coming right back down to get her anyway. In the end, the best option was just to wake her up and bring her up right away. Besides, if Ferra was going to sleep, it would probably be more comfortable elsewhere anyway.

“Ferra!” Stacy snapped rather loudly. “Captain called! We need to go up!” Her voice was loud the whole time and it didn’t fade as she finished each sentence. Then, to add to that, Stacy walked up alongside the crate that Ferra was standing on and whacked it hard with her hammer, hard enough to send the whole crate vibrating, but not quite enough to break it. If that didn’t wake her crewmate, she wasn’t sure what would.

“We need to go up top,” she said again once she was sure there was very little way for Ferra to not be awake. “Captain called us and we’re close to the island.”

@Pequeno Burraidh

[SIZE=11pt]Stacy Beauregard[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Ferra Mcklinnen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Despite the much needed rest and how much she had been looking forward to it, the truth was that the former Captain just couldn't completely let herself shut down. It was that moment, oft times experienced in the morning, when you were asleep yet heard everything going on around you. But as her eyes were still closed, she hadn't at all expected to feel her makeshift bed reverberate with a resounding 'thock'.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jerking up and pulling herself away from the noise quickly, Ferra was on her feet in seconds, hand immediately dropping to her hilt before her mind caught up with her actions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"That's a dangerous game there Stacy,"[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she noted, making a point to try to curb any frustrations she may have had with her wake up call, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]"I would assume I'm needed for something? What do you need moved?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stacy's first reaction to the way that Ferra woke was to jump back just a bit and quite frankly, it was reflexive as well. She knew that the way she was choosing to wake her crewmate up was one that could be considered annoying on multiple levels, but it was also effective and that was what she was going for. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I don't need anything, actually, but it seems that the ship has come to a shallower sea and I also heard the captain call so I'm guessing if anyone needs anything, it's him,"[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she shrugged rather nonchalantly. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]"I didn't quite hear him because I've been working," she added with a gesture to the small progress she had made, "so I figured it'd be best to bring you up with and potentially save myself a trip." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was an honest explanation at the very least. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As the woman spoke Ferra followed along her gestures, noting that while she'd been sleeping there had been a great deal of work done, more than she had expected to see anyhow. That and it was just one part of the ship. Perhaps for practicality she needed to brush up on basic carpentry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"Well, knowing the Captain, he's likely found a stray kitten surrounded by some form of goldfish abominations that he's desperate to rescue. Yes, I would hazard the guess that I'll be needed."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Moving a short ways towards the stairs, she looked back behind her and continued to talk as she waited for Stacy to catch up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"How's progress been on the ship? I'd like to imagine that stupid fish had more fun with me than it did with the bottom of the ship,"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Letting the silence sit for just a second at most, Ferra suddenly grinned wolfishly and let her left hand toy with the hilt of her sabre dangerously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"Or not."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stacy could only narrow her eyes a bit when Ferra mentioned her thoughts of what the captain might be up to. As far as Stacy was aware, Garret's intentions involved getting them onto an island for supplies and then they would continue on to... well, wherever they were heading. She hadn't asked for that much information in the first place because as long as they weren't planning on walking right up to the marines, Stacy didn't have much reason to care at the moment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She did follow along, though, because it was quite possible that they were both needed up top. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"Progress is progress,"[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she commented a bit distractedly although even she wasn't quite sure where her mind wandered in that gap moment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I honestly am not sure how much of the damage I'm working on was the fish... shark... thing... and how much of it was just here before and hadn't been damage I'd discovered just yet,"[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]she added in for a bit more detail. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]"I was working on some of the more obvious damage points before and I might have missed some little things that made the... the fish's work that much easier." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Stacy really wished she had a better name for whatever it was that had taken a bite out of the ship. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Nodding and making grunts of agreement here or there as she made her way up the stairs, albeit more slowly than normal, Ferra started thinking about ways that could make assessing the damage that much easier. Well, outside of handing Stacy goggles and then going for another swim as bait. There were a couple ideas in her mind, but it was really going to depend on Garret.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Speaking of problems with ships, too...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I usually wouldn't bother anyone else with my work, but when we get topside would you mind fetching my coat and my Recompense from the crow's nest? Honestly just shove the Recompense off the side and I'll make sure the deck is clear."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Reaching the top of the stairs, Ferra gave the small door there an easy push that opened it easily enough. Blinking for a moment to adjust to the light outside something that caught Ferra's attention immediately was that her Recompense and her coat were already set neatly to the side of the entry way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"Oh, nevermind, I didn't realise that you had already done so while I was asleep. I appreciate that. Well, shall we go figure out what Garret's plans are?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]When Ferra started asking Stacy to do things for her, the mechanic started rolling her eyes just a bit because she really didn't plan on turning herself into an errand girl in any way, shape or form. She wasn't about to say that out loud, but it ran through her mind. All she did out loud was sigh a bit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"I gue..."[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she started to answer and then when the door opened, she was delighted to realize she didn't have to. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]"Uhm... sure..."[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she mumbled when Ferra thanked her for something she didn't do. Stacy had honestly been below deck since they had both wandered down there, but she didn't really have any reason to correct her either. She hadn't done anything that would've suggested to Ferra that she'd been the one to gather her things in the first place so she had no idea why the woman would've jumped to the conclusion that it had been her. That didn't mean it wasn't nice to be appreciated, though. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She nodded at the suggestion although she honestly wasn't sure what else they would do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Instead of commenting on that to Ferra, though, Stacy just turned her attention to the captain who was standing by the side of the ship. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]"What's the situation, Captain?"[/SIZE]  [SIZE=11pt]she asked.[/SIZE]  [SIZE=11pt]"Couldn't quite hear you over my own work down below... I suppose that's my fault,  but..."[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she shrugged. She had been doing her job so she didn't feel like she'd done anything she needed to actually apologize for. [/SIZE]

@AllHailDago

[SIZE=16pt]Ferra McKlinnen[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Stacy Beauregard[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Yukihime Azalea[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] and [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Garret Z. Allistair[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]

Garret was playing with a stray sunbeam when Ferra and Stacy finally made it topside. His hand was outstretched, a small smile on his lips. Light reflected through his now translucent hand in a myriad of shapes and colors. He had to admit, that was a pretty damn cool way to use his fruit for fun!

He blinked up at the two women with a moment long look of surprise, and a touch of embarrassment. "Sorry, got distracted." His eyes landed on Ferra, who had found her things by the door. "I uh, hope me touching your equipment was okay. I assumed getting it down from up there would be.... difficult to say the least." He gave her a sunny smile before turning to point in the direction of the island.

"We made it to Neogenesis, and thankfully it appears the fog is waaay less thick directly around it. The islanders seem to be waiting for us on shore, so I'm assuming they don't really have boats." He thought back to that shark monstrosity. "For good reason I suppose." He glanced back in their direction. "You two willing and ready to disembark with me?"

Stacy's eyes widened a little bit as he asked if they were willing to disembark with him. She was, and she wasn't going to argue, but she couldn't help but consider that there could be little vicious sea creatures who might do more damage while they were gone. "I guess," Stacy shrugged.

If Ferra felt anything at the revelation that Garret had been the one to retrieve her things, it was only that now she needed to make sure he hadn't messed or muckied up anything. Stacy was a woodworker, she at least knew how to handle tools.

Looking out over the edge of the ship towards the shore, Ferra eyed the islanders, her eyes picking out any subtle movements, checking waistlines first, then seeing if she could catch glimpse of threats hidden under any open shirts. After a sparse few seconds and allowing Stacy to speak first, Ferra made herself heard.

"I don't imagine there's too much to worry about from this lot. We also need to see if there isn't a way to lift or roll the ship so that the bottom can be checked for damage and repaired without me going for a swim again."

Garret thought over that for a moment, looking at the island while he did. He severely doubted they'd have the right equipment for such a job. He grimaced for a second in realization. "Well.... I could use my fruit to do something of the sort. But it takes a lot out of me. Like, everything I have at the moment. So we'd better be sure I won't need to fight after. For now we'll table that until we at least meet the locals. Shayden is watching over her friend Rai-something or other while we go. You two need anything you don't have already before we go?"

"Some faith," Ferra jibed in an attempt at humour towards Stacy, "Though if you don't want to wear yourself out now, I suppose it would be best to talk to the islanders first, unless there's anything you need Stacy?"

Stacy simply shook her head. She had her tools on her belt and she had her pistols at her hips. Anything else would simply be extra weight. "I should be good to go."

Another thought running through her head was that she really didn't think rolling the ship would be necessary in the slightest. She knew what she was doing and she could handle the damage from the inside. There hadn't been a single point of damage so far that had been too much to deal with from the inside and she didn't expect to encounter any that were worse than the points she'd already fixed or made note of. She didn't feel like mentioning it though because Garret seemed to realize that it would be difficult and didn't seem overly enthusiastic about the idea. If anyone actually tried to pursue it further, though, Stacy would mention her thoughts.

Garret nodded, not bothering to try and figure out the meaning of Ferra's faith comment. Hauling himself over the side of the ship, he descended the rope ladder to the smaller boat. He had to admit, the smaller boat always made him a bit uncomfortable considering the side effects of having eaten a devil fruit. The dang thing was way too easy to flip. Trying to look the part of stalwart Captain though, he kept the discomfort from his face. Setting foot in the boat, he stepped over to the ropes securing it to the ship. He would cut the lines when the others followed. "Alright, whenever you two are ready!" His voice was actually rather brimming with excitement.

Looking over the edge to the boat as Garret climbed down to it, Ferra reached up and double checked that she had secured her rifle before leaping over the edge and landing in the smaller craft.

"Well, I don't suppose there can be anything on shore more dangerous than that shark."

And then Stacy followed them into the boat last, taking the ladder because it was the more practical option.

Settling down in the boat, Stacy's eyes took up the little craft. It was definitely in better shape than the main ship, but that wasn't a hard task to manage once she finally thought about it. She did notice one thing, though, and it led her to question. "Uhm... don't little boats like this usually have oars? I was gonna ask who was going to row, but..." she let that trail off, hoping her question was clear enough even without a definitive ending to it.

Garret had to keep himself from yelling when Ferra landed heavily in the boat. Thankfully Stacy had more sense than her. When they were both well and settled he cut the support ropes, and they began what would be a five minute boat ride to shore. Garret sat twirling his fingers in a rather odd motion while they rode. He smirked at Stacy's question, having expected someone to be confused. "Oh that's easy enough. I have kinda," he thought for the right term, "fin like additions to the bottom. Obviously made with glass imbued in them, so I could hands free control the boat." He looked down at his shifting fingers. "Well mostly hands free."

Meanwhile, Yukihime was sitting on a blanket, at the beach, having a picnic, on her own. As she finished eating she was about to read a book about some lethal types of poison, in hope of discovering new information, but then something caught her attention. Three people, on a small boat, which was about to reach the shore. "New 'tourists' I see. Will they smile, or will they fight?" she thought to herself. Eventually, she got up and walked closer to the water.

Stacy sighed and sat still for the duration of the ride. She had been looking for oars because at least then she wouldn't have to sit still. Actually sitting still was a difficult concept for her and she didn't exactly enjoy it.

Then again, the fins were something she could take a look at later because maybe she could make something interesting from them. She tried to focus on that rather than on the fact that she was stuck sitting still in a little boat. It kinda worked. There was one question running through her head though. Which would stop them first: the head of the boat hitting sand or the fins on the bottom touching the land beneath the water? That would depend on how long the additions were in the first place, Stacy supposed.

As they neared the shore Ferra rolled her right shoulder, letting a length of her iron scaled whip fall to her hand. Letting the slack fall into the water the former sea wise captain waited until she felt it pulling at sand beneath the waves before leaping over the side of the small boat. Now standing in water a little higher than her knees she wrapped her whip back around before focusing on those at the shore.

"Morning."

The village elder tilted her head to the side curiously while she sized up the newcomers. While the village elder was a tiny woman shorter than most children on the island, her stance was one of stoic confidence. Which was odd given her long, braided white hair and big, red, half-moon glasses. You'd ever expected her to be able to pull off stoicism. She blinked twice, slowly. Turning to Yukihume, she nodded once, then simply walked back to the village. To most this might seem odd or dismissive, but it was simply her saying she trusted Yukihime to handle it. The elder rarely spoke if it wasn't necessary.

"Greetings. Welcome to Neogenesis. The island where you are either happy, or dead," she said, calmly, and naturally. She carefully analyzed the three newcomers. Quite the interesting bunch. Yukihime created quite the grim atmosphere, but shortly after she added one sentence which changed it. "Because there is no one among those living here which isn't happy," she smiled cheerfully. She put more emphasis on the word "living" in a hope that the newly arrived people would catch her drift.

@AllHailDago @Pequeno Burraidh @Azure Sky

Raikou woke up in the med bay of the ship with a huge gasp of air, he sat up clutching his chest and hyperventilating. Due to the last think he remembers is drowning, he woke up still reacting to that even though that was a long while ago. He only calmed down when took a good look around the room and didn't see any water. He put his hand to face wiping off the sweat as he had flashes of what he had been dreaming about no doubt influenced by what was going on around him or at least the portion of dreams that weren't seemingly related to his past. As he swung his feet over the side of the bed he was laying on he realized he was still clutching the Raikouken. He likely had the death grip on the sword the entire time and only now did he relax his grip on the sword but did not set it down. 

He dressed himself in a yukata laid on the nightstand near the bed and carried the Raikouken in his left hand. He slipped his feet into a pair of sandals and began exploring this new environment. He discovered very quickly through a look out a small window that he was on a ship, he guessed they were the ones to fish him out of the water. He didn't see anyone else so far so he guessed the ship must have a pretty small crew. Even so he moved as quietly as possible he would rather hear them coming then they hear him. A look out of another window revealed that the ship was anchored near an island somewhere, Raikou is not a navigator nor did he have a map so it's safe to say he doesn't know where he is. Once Raikou came to the realization he didn't know where he is, who these people, and what they intended to do with him he became on edge with his right hand itching to draw his sword. 

[SIZE=18pt]Shayden Caroline Wolfenhouzer[/SIZE]

During the events between the crew, Shayden had taken that time to rest. Though it wasn't the smart thing to do on a ship with strangers, she felt like she could trust them. Well only Garret really... As the woman that threatened to shoot her was a red dot on her radar, and the other woman... She'd only saw a few moments ago. Awakening once more to the sound of Garret's voice, Shayden yawned rubbing her eyes. They seemed to be nearing the shore of Neogenisis island. "So this is the famous island we risked our butts for eh. Hmph." Glaring over the railing at the peaceful seeming environment, Shayden felt the mist from earlier clouding her emotions. She didn't know if to be happy and relieved that she completed the final task her past captain had set for them back then, or to hate the fact that attempting to come here was the reason she lost her home on the seas. Exhaling softly she proceeded to wipe her face clean of tears, while watching as Garret and the others make for the beach.  

Alex Q. Draw

Alex leaned against a building in the Neogenesis village, her rifle slung over her shoulder. She took a couple swigs from her whiskey flask as she thought back on the events that trapped her on the island. 

Yesterday had been smooth sailing. As an individual more skilled at shooting a rifle and wilderness survival instead of navigation, she had been lucky. She had been on her way to Loguetown from elsewhere in the West Blue. She had noticed the fog from Neogenesis and knew enough about the place to know that it was populated. Realizing that she was running low on food and water, she had decided to have a quick shopping visit, though as she headed deeper into the fog it seemed like her luck finally ran out on her. Something large had struck her one-man vessel and sent is crashing against the beach, where she had been found by the villagers. Her boat had been smashed beyond repair. Even if she had the funds to buy a new boat, Neogeneses lacked a dock and the villagers were hesitant about helping her leave. Something about a big creature out in the foggy waters.

Alex clenched her fist. The only option left was to wait for another ship, a bigger ship, to pass by. She'd only been on the island for a day, but that day had thrown a wrench in her plans. Alex looked up at her hawk, Jet, and saw him glide around in a circle overhead. Normally watching her pet would bring a smile to her face, but it only reminded her that she wasn't free as a bird while stuck on Neogenesis. She wanted to be out at sea, having adventures, being free to live life as she pleased, and looking for the One Piece.

Alex let out a sigh as she put her whiskey flask back into the pocket of her camo overcoat. She was about to pull out a cigarette and her lighter (she had nothing better to do than kill time) when she noticed a group of villagers heading toward the beach. She could guess what that meant...new blood. Alex put the cigarette and lighter away before whistling for her bird. As she started to walk toward the beach, Jet flew down and landed on her left shoulder. Alex briefly smiled at him and rustled his feathers with her right index finger. If there were new "visitors" on the island, then maybe her luck had returned to her favor.

When she arrived to the beach, the scene before her didn't look too promising; granted she couldn't see the Scattercrest's pirate ship due to the fog. Just by seeing Garret, Stacy, Ferra and their dinghy, it could easily be assumed that they barely escaped the creature that trapped Alex on the island. "Please tell me your ship is still intact," she said to the three newcomers, not sounding very hopeful.

@AllHailDago @DaughterofAthena @Pequeno Burraidh

Stacy Beauregard

As her eyes took in the sight of the woman who greeted them on the beach, Stacy could not contain a soft smirk after processing exactly what it was that the woman had to say. It just seemed so silly and so impossible for multiple reasons that she didn’t want to go into detail on. She also found it highly illogical that any of them were going to end up dead due to being unhappy and that made it more amusing to her for some reason or another. She couldn’t particularly claim to be “happy” at that exact moment; neither was she “unhappy” though. She was just… herself.

Then her mind ran to Ferra and to her captain, Garret. Yes, Garret probably was happy about something. He seemed amused by the way he could make the boat move using his glass and even Stacy had to silently admit that it was pretty neat. Ferra, though… well, Stacy wasn’t quite sure what a happy Ferra would look like if such a state was even possible. Turning to look back at the woman she was thinking about, Stacy realized that the former marine was already out of the boat and moving which caught her by some small amount of surprise. ‘Didn’t she have problems walking up stairs? How did getting out of a boat work out so well for her, then?’ True, Stacy had no experience in anything medically involved, but she did no that mechanics did not magically repair like that so it seemed odd for a human body to do it. In the end, she shrugged it off, though.

“Well,” she began, trying to sound optimistic, “I guess you must have a very pleasant little island here, then. Should be a nice visit.” At that point, Stacy didn’t know whether she was talking to the woman who had greeted them or to herself, though. In fact, she really wasn’t sure what to say at all as she stood up and got herself out of the boat that should have had oars, but apparently didn’t.

‘Wait a sec… that could be a safety hazard. People might have to leave when Garret’s not around.’ She made a mental note in the back of her mind to make sure that oars did exist somewhere on the ship because if they didn’t, then it really would be worth acquiring them.

Stacy was almost excited when someone new walked up - apparently people on Neogenesis walked up to visitors and seemed to appreciate them - and asked a question that Stacy could actually comfortably and knowledgeably talk about. “For the time being, yes, the ship is still intact. How long that will last remains to be seen, but I’m not intending on going anywhere fast and I’m the one working on making sure it stays held together whether by glass or by nails or by glue so I think it’s safe to say it’ll last a little while longer at the very least. Why do you ask?”

@Pequeno Burraidh @AllHailDago @Azure Sky @shadowdude505

Standing mostly on her left leg where she'd landed in the water, Ferra pulled her rifle's sling loose so that she could hold the firearm at the ready. Turning to have her back at the beach, the woman scanned the water as she observed the patterns of the waves as she kept an eye out for any undue currents that might have been indicative of something lurking under the surf. So far she saw nothing, and a burning in her leg left her a firm reminder that saltwater and the creature she battled with in it had no mercy for her. Certain that whatever had been in the depths before had left, at least for the time being, Ferra turned back to the beach and addressed the islanders after listening to Stacy make her piece. She also took the moment to address another issue.

"I would assume, Stacy, that whatever was in the water wasn't the only threat." she called out while tying her previously free hanging sabre sheath to her right leg. It may have seemed odd, but in the water it tended to be too buoyant, and it was a good way to both support her leg and hide her current limp from those that would take advantage of her weakness. Or try to anyhow. 

Marching out of the water, rifle still held at ready to be brought to bear should the need arise, Ferra's eyes scanned the tree line alertly as she eyed the area cautiously.

"After all, if the only fear was a shark or ten in the waters, staying ashore would guarantee safety," she stated, finishing her previous point before turning her attention to the woman that had greeted them, "Ferra McKlinnen, navigator and former Marine. If there are threats on the island, I would appreciate you informing me so I can prepare accordingly, as for being happy... well, suffice to say I'm not the smiles and sunshine cheery type of fellow. The man is the captain of the rest of the crew. Goes by Garret. Part of that crew is Stacy here, the shipwright. I'm sure you and the captain have things to discuss however."

Stepping further inland a short ways, but still with in ear shot of the group, she reached into her jacket and fished around before through a number of manacles tucked into pockets before her fingers wrapped around a rectangular object. Pulling it out revealed a flask, and the woman took a draught of it's contents, focusing on the burn in her throat to draw from any thoughts of her situation. Taking a second draught she shook her head, replaced the flask into her jacket and spoke once more.

"One last thing. Do you happen to have a smithy on this island?"

@Azure Sky

@AllHailDago

@DaughterofAthena

@shadowdude505

Akahana and Arklin

“This looks like the ship,” a female voice commented as she stood up from her seat on their little tugboat. “I’m not positive, but I’m fairly sure of it, Brother.”

Her brother was standing back behind her a bit at the helm of the much smaller ship and his eyes were focused on the waters they were moving through with intense caution. However, he did look to Akahana as she stood up and he nodded his agreement. “It’s certainly worth looking into. If nothing else and if they are just a merchant ship, then we can ask if they know what happened to the other ships going through. It’s unnerving to not know.” There was apprehension in Arklin’s tone and more than that, there was an element of the need to have a back-up plan.

“That sounds like a good plan, Brother!” Akahana bounced with some excitement.

Their little ship continued moving and eventually, the little tugboat belonging to two small-time bounty hunters was right alongside the Crystal Lotus and the noticed a ladder still hanging over the edge. Arklin raised his eyebrows at the sight of it, slightly concerned, but Akahana only smiled as if to say, ‘Well, would you look at that! It must be our lucky day.’ That was one thing Arklin loved about his younger sister; she had a budding optimism that could not be squashed and neither could it be ignored. It always made him smile. He did, however, drop the anchor and then insist on going first because neither knew what awaited them on the larger vessel.

“I just want to make sure we aren’t walking into something too problematic,” he added in a whispered tone.

Akahana knew that he was being protective as per his usual self, and her first instinct was to tell him that she was feeling fine, that she could handle it. However, experience told her that that never worked and that it only made him more tense in the long run.

However, before either of the two of them could actually make it onto the deck of the ship, they heard a loud squawk and Akahana could just barely see the outline of a news coo gliding down and landing on the deck of the boat. There was a small sound that Arklin and Akahana couldn’t hear but that would signify a newspaper drop-off to those who were on the ship. And then the bird would wait around for someone to come up.

Realizing the situation, Arklin would turn and hide himself tight to the ship while Akahana scurried and hid as well. The only way either one of them would be seen would be if someone looked directly over the edge of the ship, but if they got near enough to the edge, the little boat would be easier to spot.

Another squawk would signify the news coo calling once again for someone to come and collect the paper… and pay the tip, of course.

@Silver Lightning Blade @Garuda

Garret Allistair, Ferra McKlinnen, Alex Draw, Stacy Beauregard, and Yukihime White

"Until then you're stuck here," Alex remarked to Stacy's comment. "My ship was totaled by some creature that lurks these waters, maybe you've encountered it. Anyway, my ship is in so many pieces now not even the world's best shipwright would bother to repair it. I was hoping for a ride to Loguetown. I can pay a little in Beli, the rest would have to be in protection. You're going to need it with that thing out in the ocean."

Alex had been listening as Ferra indroduced herself and the other two newcomers. "Though it looks like you're the one I'd need to talk to," she said, looking at Captain Garret. "The name's Alex Q. Draw. This is my hawk, Jet."

"Well, we're not going to get stuck here. I can guarantee that much." Stacy remarked. In truth, she couldn't, but she sure as hell didn't wanna be stuck. 

Garret practically beamed when Ferra introduced him as the Captain. It was true, but it still felt nice hearing someone else say it! He eyed the interesting clothes of the native islanders and thought back to an island he had once landed on before. He shuddered, thank God this island wore clothes.

"Hiya. Name's Garret Z. Allistair, Captain of the Shattercrest Pirates. No need to worry, we're less of the blood and plunder type, more of the freedom and adventure type!" He turned that beaming smile to Alex. "You need to talk to me specifically?" There was a note of curiosity in his voice.

"Well you are the captain after all. Though now that I know your pirates, I'm guessing you're the searching-for-the-One-Peice type. And if you are, I've got a different arrangement to propose to you," Alex replied with a grin. "Is there a spot on your crew for a sniper with some wilderness expertise?"

Listening in on the conversations because she had nothing better to do, Stacy found herself rolling her eyes quite often. This new person - Alex - would have gotten along very well with former Captain Kenji Kita. They both had that odd habit of thinking it was acceptable to approach random strangers and introduce themselves right away. And if they all happened to be murdering psychopaths... well, now they knew the name of a person they could hunt down. She didn't actually say anything, but it was an errant thought in the shipwright's mind. 

"Ha, she does have you there Garret." Ferra genuinely laughed. Here she thought the 'One Piece' was a Marine and Pirate exclusive tale, but rumours are as rumours are. "Me, I'm just here to kill people that deserve it, and the Crows nest on the ship is mine. That is, if Garret wants another new cabin boy, or girl as it stands, again. He has a habit of collecting strays."

Garret practically glowed at the request to join his crew. Though Ferra's attitude, and the one piece comment numbed the joy a tad. "Ferra, you know it's not exactly possible to fight with a whip fifty feet up, or navigate and plot a course with me from there either. I think during the day having her up there to do her role as a sniper should be fine. She can always leave to let you sleep at night."

He turned back to Alex with his old, tired speech at the ready. "I'd be glad for you to join me. Though the thing about the One Piece.... Well, I have no intentions of specifically searching for it or becoming Pirate King. That's my dad's dream, and he's going to be king. Of course, I want to be there when he does. So we'd probably see it anyway if that's all you want! Hopefully you're not reconsidering now though. You wouldn't even be the first..." The last sentence sounded rather meloncholic.

"That's not a problem, I'm only looking for the One Piece for the fun of it anyway," Alex replied.

Stacy sighed as it seemed that the landing was turning into recruitment. "Well, since it seems you're busy here, would you mind, Captain, if I started going to get some supplies that we need? I'm nervous about leaving the ship just floating out there for too long and I really think we should keep moving." Her gaze turned to the woman who'd first greeted them for a moment. "Perhaps someone from the island can help me find the things that we need."

"We still don't know what's on the island that wants people unlike Garret over there dead."

Garret snorted at Ferra. "There are plenty of people in the blues who want me dead Ferra." He kinda just left that in the air and turned to Stacy. "Of course you can go Stacy." He rummaged in his pockets for a second and summoned up a small bag of beli. He tossed it in her direction. "Get what you need. If that's not enough we'll have to get the rest from the ship."

After snatching the small bag out of the air and nodded her understanding. "Alright." Briefly she considered that it might be a good idea to set up a meeting place and time, but then she realized that she honestly didn't think she would have a hard time finding them later. It seemed unneeded in her mind at the time. 

Then she turned to the woman who'd greeted them as she realized she should probably more formally ask if the woman could show her around a bit. "Well, would you be willing to help me find the market? We're looking for supplies for the ship." 

Ferra had asked Yukihime if there was any smith on the island. "We have a stone and woodsmith. If you were looking for a blacksmith, I'm sorry to say that there's none," she said as she continued to analyze the group with great interest. Then Alex appeared out of nowhere and asked to join the Garret's crew. "Pirates, huh? Quite the unusual ones" she thought as she listened carefully to the little chat that came afterwards. By taking a closer look at Garret she realised something else, and her eyes flickered for just a moment. "Heterochromia! I've read about it in books, but it's the first time that I actually see someone that has it," Yukihime subconsciously took a step forward to take a better look, but then Stacy asked her if she could show her to the local market. "Naturally, dear." was her reply. She smiled softly, emitting a graceful aura.

Nodding with a smile, Stacy was glad to have actually found something productive to do and she turned to glance at Garret, Ferra and Alex briefly, nodding to her captain and to the former marine woman before she headed to be shown the market and to acquire supplies they needed... and to look into the cost of oars for the little boat they'd taken to shore. 

Before Yukihime would show Stacy to the marketplace, She took out a vial from within her yukata. She observed the strange way in which the sabre sheath was tied to Ferra's leg. Being the perceptive person that she was, Yukihime understood Ferra's ordeal. "This vial contains medicine which should ease your pain. You can ask some of the villagers to take you to my clinic if you desire further treatment," she said as she tossed the vial to Ferra. Then she shifted her attention to Stacy again. "Ok, let us be on our way."

Yukihime started walking towards the direction of the marketplace, waiting for Stacy to follow.

Pain? Pain? Ferra's eyes narrowed as she watched the woman walk away with Stacy, her attitude darkening quickly. However making enemies on an island while their group was slowly splitting up was a bad idea. Instead she just snorted and shoved the vial in her pocket before turning towards Garret and Alex.

"Suppose that leaves us. I want more information on what attacked the ship, Garret. If I can learn more about it, perhaps figure out its creator's intent, I can find a way to destroy it, or any others that have been created."

Garret eyed Ferra, worried about what the other woman had said. If she was in pain he didn't want to be overbearing her. Though Ferra didn't seem the type to take it easy when hurt. He might just make her mad if he suggested she take it easy. 

He nodded to Ferra. "That is probably a good idea. Had that thing taken by complete surprise I shudder to think what would've happened. Best if we find out what we can, especially if there's more. Perhaps we should go into the village and ask around?"

"I'll go with you," Alex said, even though what she really wanted most was to leave the island. "I've been here a little while; I can help you navigate the village, Captain. It also wouldn't hurt to have some extra hands in case a fight breaks out."

Jet let ouf a screech as if to vocalize his willingness to help. "Or wings...," Alex added.

"A Marine, a pirate and a farmer walk into a pub. I forget how the rest of the joke goes, but someone winds up owing the pub owner money." Ferra noted ominously as she nodded at Alex, "Well if you know the town, you'd be the best bet for a guide. Garret, I'm thinking of ways we can roll the ship to one side or the other to help Stacy get repairs done later. Where she's out of the water. Furthermore is there anything specific we'll be looking for once we get into town? Other than potential trouble?"

Garret thought on it for a moment. "Anyone you think might make an effective or helpful crewmate. Perhaps anyone willing to pay to be ferried off the island too. We could make good money that way I'm sure." He stared out into the lightly foggy waters towards the ship. "As for rolling the ship, I have the ability to do it but it would drain me of all my energy, and I couldn't do it without perfect concentration. So unless the island has ways to do it, we'll have to do it when there's no threat of danger and distraction." 

"Well if you could simply get one side higher than the other, myself and another could use tree trunks to brace it against the sand if we bring it into the shallows enough. As for crew, I suppose you're still picking up strays?" Ferra asked, borderline accusatorily, "What's your game Garret? What's your plan? If you remember, I was still set to leave once we got to land. Here we are, yet here I remain. I want to know if you've reason for me to stay."

Garret pursed his lips as he let Ferra speak. "That'll work for the ship." He scratched his head and shifted his jaw in thought. "I'd hardly call you all strays, but I suppose the word fits in a sense. So, yes? I suppose I am. I'm glad to accept anyone with the willingness to join, respect my word as Captain, and who is ready to sail the world."

"As for my game?  Well I don't have a game. If you want to leave you have every right to go, no hard feelings. My plan is simple in what little it is. I'm going to build a crew that will be my family. We're going to sail the world, living free and adventurous. My only goals are to see it when my dad becomes Pirate King, and enjoy the seas along the way."

"If you want to go, do. But if you choose to stay you'll have a guaranteed ally for life. Allies in fact. My goals are the crew's goals, the crew's dreams my dreams. We are in it together. If that sounds good to you, you're welcome to sail with us into the Grand Line. If not, we can drop you off at a less.... detached island before we go." He blinked, realizing the long winded speech might very been a bit much. He looked to Ferra for a response though, his dual colored eyes intense.

It was almost obnoxious listening to Garret talk about his fluffy and lofty ideas about how he wanted to live his life with his crew. The type of pathetic drivel you got out of some daft novel. A cursed fruit wielding captain forming some unshakable, family like bond with his crew as they hunt for their goal. Honestly who would even care to follow such a plot, much less in a book than in real life?

Still, she didn't necessarily want to stay here, and she owed Stacy for her help. But Garret... Her time on the ship had let her pick up on a lot of things, take in details, gather an understanding of what she was dealing with, even if she didn't know exactly who she was dealing with. 

"You're going to die out here."

Sabre slipping from it's sheath in a blink, Ferra hooked it up under Garret's arm and let it stop near his neck before relieving him of his hilt, something she figured pertained to his glass creating powers. 

However, she wasn't going to be the one to kill him. No, she was very much right, some idealistic idiot would die out here, just like Stacy. Unless they were helped.

Backing off from Garret, the former Captain looked over the Captain's hilt, looking at the details of the piece before tossing back at Garret for him to catch.

"Your reaction time is sloppy and I do hope your glass can stand up to metal, otherwise your sabre is useless. You expect to consider your crew as family, but who fails to protect family, Garret? That said, I have a debt owed that I need to take care of before I leave so mayhaps I will stay for a time, and perhaps we could work on your.... swordsmanship. Shoddy as it clearly is."

There was a haughty and authoritative tone in Ferra's voice as she finished talking, but after realising how easily she'd out matched Garret in perception the woman found that she was a touch more at ease than she had been moments prior.

Garret merely blinked, very slowly, once when Ferra seemed to threaten him and then take his sword hilt away. He didn't really think she'd kill him, so his guard had been rather down. After a moment though she tossed it back, going on about poor swordsmanship and failing to protect their family.

His jaw clicked in irritation. "I won't be failing in that any time soon. Swordsmanship isn't the only way to fight out here on the ocean. I didn't survive a year alone by picking flowers." He sighed slowly. "But I could use a bit of training, as my swordsmanship leaves a lot to be desired." He eyed the hilt in his hand thoughtfully. He nodded slowly and shallowly to himself before meeting her eyes again. "I'm glad to accept the offer, though I'd ask you to avoid threatening me at the same in the future, alright?" He gave a lopsided smile. 

Watching Garret as he digested her words and actions, Ferra was actually surprised to see how well he took it. Most people fought back. Or tried to at least. It was almost like he wasn't worried, but rather than take it as a threat Ferra simply acknowledged that this would have been the least opportune time to go after him from her perspective. 

He must have known this too.

Sheathing her sabre again, she nodded firmly at the captain, "I don't believe it will be necessary again anyhow, unless you make it so. Moving on then, what are your thoughts on the claim that only happy people survive the island, Captain?"

Garret scratched the back of his head and looked skyward. "Honestly? I haven't a single idea. What exactly could that even mean? Do villagers kill unhappy people? Do monsters eat people who put off negative body language? The oceans a weird place. Why don't we ask around about that as well?" 

"I don't know, but if that's the case I probably would be dead by now. It's no secret that I wasn't happy with being shipwrecked here," Alex replied. "The village elder is over there if you'd like to start by asking her," she added, pointing over her shoulder with her thumb.

Garret grinned at Alex. "Can't imagine anyone would be happy getting shipwrecked. Especially when there's no way off the island." He followed Alex's pointing and spotted the elder. "Alright. Let's head into the village then. Time to start gathering information!"

@Pequeno Burraidh @DaughterofAthena @shadowdude505 @Azure Sky 

Stacy Beauregard and Yukihime White
Collab with @DaughterofAthena

As Yukihime started walking, Stacy followed along without a moment's hesitation or pause. She did glance back and wave to her crewmates, hoping to maintain some sort of friendly composure and alliance with them before she headed off to try and get something done.

Yukihime walked beside Stacy, instead of going in front of her. Like this, the young yukata woman could analyze her better. Short black hair, medium height, androgynous appearance. There was nothing peculiar about her, except one thing: her violet eyes. It was an interesting day for Yukihime. She found two people with unusual eyes. It didn't have any special meaning to her, though. She was merely the type to analyze people, to observe. Stacy's eyes were simply what she found most pretty about her.

"Are you not good with crowds?" she asked. She assumed Stacy was the quiet type, and from her overall behaviour, considered that she was quite introverted.

Stacy didn't pay much attention to the eyes that studied her. She was far more focused on actually getting somewhere even though she wouldn't know where she was going without Yukihime's assistance. Her walk was brisk, too, not quite like she was in a rush, but she definitely didn't intend on dilly-dallying.

"There's no problem with crowds," Stacy replied without too much pause. "It's more that when a group gets too big, the chances of getting things done goes down. I'd rather get more things done. I don't like to... well, I'm not one to just stand around and talk and that..." she glanced behind her as though she would still be able to see the little group they had separated from even thoughs she probably couldn't. "That was starting to turn into a talk-fest. I'm alright with talking, but not if that's it."

She felt like her explanation fell short of the reality and she also felt like she seemed like she was unhappy with her crewmates when that wasn't the case. She just... she wanted to get things done and move on because she didn't feel safe leaving the ship on its own. That was too much to cram into one answer though.

"Get things done, hmm? I see. From the way you speak, it sounds like you want to go get supplies fast, then leave this island just as fast. Nothing wrong with that, but it will be very difficult for you to get out of here now. This island full of faux-cheerfulness and pseudo happy people is merely an elaborate ruse, to catch people off guard as they carelessly walk into a cage" said Yukihime, as no one was around to hear her. She still kept her smile on and spoke in a soft voice, just in case.

When Yukihime started speaking, it already felt inaccurate. It wasn't that she didn't want to stick around; Stacy just wanted to have something to do. She was a very task oriented person and she simply wasn't capable of having a task and then not trying to get it done as quickly as possible. However, before she could say anything further on the subject, Yukihime added more that Stacy wasn't exactly sure what to do with.

"And who's putting on this elaborate ruse?" she dared to ask although she kept the question soft and slightly hitched beneath weighted breaths. Her pace slowed because now there was a new purpose to her movements. There were things she could learn that her captain could probably do to know about.

"You know how puppeters are not visible in a puppet show, Stacy dear? They are there, but to find them, you'd need to follow the wires," was Yukihime's answer. She was basically telling Stacy that she didn't know who the mastermind was, but that there was a way to find out: the "wires" which led to the source. "You will soon find out what those wires represent." She was talking about the bizzare creatures on the island.

'So... basically nothing helpful yet...' was essentially what Stacy got out of that. She couldn't act based on analogies and she didn't feel she understood them enough to be able to try to explain them to anyone else either which meant that she turned her attention, for now, back to the task that made sense. Getting supplies.

"Please don't call me 'dear'," she did comment. "Just Stacy is enough." She wasn't rude about it. It was a simple request as her pace picked up again, eager to get to the market. There was the thought in the back of her mind that maybe there, she would be able to learn something a bit more helpful in understanding whatever was going on.

Yukihime didn't understand if Stacy got what she said and prefered to keep to herself, or simply didn't understand at all. "Very well, Stacy," she said as she also picked up the pace. They would soon arrive at the local market, but before they did, Yukihime said one more thing: "You may see some bizzare creatures. Don't act hostile, don't act unhappy, and whatever you do, don't be obvious about your inquiries."

After a few more minutes, they arrived at the market.

Yukihime's warnings brought more questions than Stacy knew what to do with. Stacy knew she could avoid hostility unless something attacked her. Avoiding acting unhappy was the odd one though. Did that mean she had to act happy, or would simply being focused on her task be enough? One thing was certain and it was that Stacy wasn't unhappy. She just had a task and she wanted to get it done. That didn't necessarily mean she was happy, though. Happiness was a different thing entirely. All she could do was hope that focus was enough of a mask for now because it was the one mask she could wear that was actually true.

@AllHailDago

Last edited:
Logan Heilan
Unfortunately, Logan was stuck. He wasn’t on the island by choice nor had he ever had any intentions of turning his trip into a vacation, but that didn’t change the fact that he was presently sitting on a beach, laying back in the sand and watching as the water washed over the shore… over, and over, and over again. It really wasn’t very entertaining. It certainly wasn’t something he could do for very long so he was shifting between simply watching the water, desperately hoping to see a boat on the horizon, and reading through all the different reports he had that told him the marines had basically swarmed the West Blue not too long ago. That was why he was there, in a very general sense.

There was one thing lying beside him that may have made it look like he was travelling for different reasons and that was a violin case - presumably with a violin inside it. Normally it wasn’t something he carried around with him but since he didn’t know where he would be staying from night to night considering he was stranded on an unfamiliar island, keeping it with him just seemed to be the best idea.

While he was relaxing comfortably, Logan’s eyes spotted a smaller boat rowing to shore and he found himself rolling his eyes more than a little. ‘Another ship wrecked by that strange thing…?’ It wasn’t an unreasonable guess by any means. However, as his eyes followed from the little row boat to where it had come from, he was surprised to see an intact ship and he almost sprung to his feet in shock at the mere sight of it. However, some part of him managed to contain his excitement and it was actually a fairly logical part of him. Actually, it was a memory of the last time he’d gotten excited about possibly having a ride after waiting quite a while in one place.

He had been in the Grand Line at the time - that was where he grew up so it made sense. He had decided not to rejoin with the ship that had brought him there because he wanted to head in a different direction and it seemed no one was actually going that way. When he did find someone, Logan remembered that he had approached them all too quickly. “Think you’d be able to add one more person to your ship for the trip?” he had asked, all nonchalant and friendly.

That was when his luck had been down for some silly reason or another. It turned out that the man he’d asked had been a bounty hunter and had recognized Logan almost instantly. That chase had earned him more than a few scrapes and bruises and he had no intentions of repeating the process.

Therefore, rather than walk right up to the three individuals who disembarked from the ship, Logan simply stood up and collected himself, intent on following them and seeing if he could learn what they were about first. That was a better course of action in his case. It really wasn’t actually going to be all that easy, though. As he watched the situation unfold, two other islanders approached them directly making it a group of five now, instead of three. Then the group actually split up again. Two of the women walked off towards town and that left the other three to head in another slightly offset direction. In the end, he chose to follow the three… you could learn more information from a larger group of people and if he followed the group of three, then he didn’t seem like a complete stalker.

Violin case in his left hand, rapier at his hip and katana on his back, Logan set on his way.

Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh AllHailDago AllHailDago shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Shayden Caroline Wolfenhouzer

When Garret and company was out of her range, Shayden looked down into the water below. She wondered if the person looking back at her could be compared to the one that first started her adventure on the seas. Crying are for those without the ability to take action, and you my friend, you have that ability. So quit with the water works eh? Heh heh heh, that face really doesn't suit the famous wolf. A voice of the past had played over in her mind, the moment it derived from back then was one in which she'd been encouraged by one of her friends. She closed her eyes in attempt to give her former crew a moment of silence, she also reminded herself to give them a proper burial whenever she could.

The sound of a newspaper dropping, followed shortly by the squawking of a bird ended the few minutes she spent in quiet. Slowly opening her eyes, she turned her attention to the News Coo on deck, procuring the paper and flitting through it, completely ignoring the bird.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Akahana and Arklin
The news coo didn’t stop cooing incessantly until someone actually moved to take the newspaper and once Shayden did that, there was a brief moment of silence from the silly delivery bird. That moment’s pause in the birds sounds alerted Arklin and Akahana in the ship beside the larger vessel that there was someone on deck and that meant that the sibling bounty hunters knew to remain quiet themselves or risk getting caught. For now, they would hug the edge of the ship closely and hope no one looked over the side. That was the best they could manage.

Silence from the news coo didn’t last long, though, because now that it had delivered, it was in a position to demand payment. That wasn’t exactly the easiest thing to do as a bird, but this news coo was going to do it’s best because that was it’s job. The bird lept off the deck and landed on Shayden’s shoulder, cooing directly into the woman’s ear and occasionally pecking at her skin. The sound was not only likely a nuisance for Shayden, but Akahana was starting to get annoyed as well.

“Stupid bird,” the girl muttered under her breath and she pushed her way past Arklin to start climbing the ladder up onto the deck of The Crystal Lotus.

“Akahana, wait!” Arklin called as he watched his sister climb up without any hesitation at all. She was always getting into trouble and he would never understand how she could manage it all. Rolling his eyes, all he could do was follow her up because if he didn’t, then she was bound to get hurt and then he would feel even worse. Doing something would always be better than doing nothing in his book. Thus, he grabbed the rope ladder and climbed which left their little tug boat all on its own.

“Shut up, stupid bird!” Akahana called out once she had cleared the rail of the ship and she drew one of her daggers, prepared to kill the thing if she had to. Then her eyes narrowed as they fell upon Shayden. The woman had a face Akahana recognized… only vaguely, but it still mattered. There was only one place she could vaguely recognize a face from and that would happen to be their collection of wanted posters. They had found one. At last, maybe their mindless hunting was going to pay off.

And where there was one pirate, there were usually more…

Edge Of Distortion Edge Of Distortion Field Marshall Field Marshall

Yukihime White and Stacy Beauregard
collab with Lady Warlock Lady Warlock and AllHailDago AllHailDago

As the two women approached the small villages market varying conversations would travel to their ears. It seems most of the conversation of the day had become about the new arrivals. It wasn’t exactly every day someone made it to their island alive. They in fact did something no one had seen happen in years and years. They had arrived at the islands shores with their ship almost entirely intact, and without visible losses to their crew! The island natives were astounded. Snippets of conversation wafted to Stacy and Yukihimes ears, completely shameless in their openness.

Did you see the woman with that weird weapon on her arm..” The voice of a small child, rather wondrous in it’s tone, talking to a rather disbelieveing mother.

"He has blonde hair and two different colored eyes! And a gun on his belt and everything! I bet he's strong! He's even kinda cute..." said a rather.... trying female voice.

"The ENTIRE SHIP. All of it. Heck, if they could do that and get here, maybe we could get everyone who wanted to out!" said an excited male voice.

A dozen or more other conversations carried on, hard to pick one out from the others without making a specific effort. But it was clear every single one was focused on the pirate crew.

"Such simple people." thought Yukihime. She looked back at Stacy. She observed this some time ago, but the tomboy was really focused on something. Her current purpose, maybe?

"Tell me Stacy, is there a specific place you'd like to visit first?" she asked, nonchantly, as she played with a strand of her hair.

Stacy heard all the conversations as well as anyone else would have, but she wasn't quite paying attention to them enough to care. She did have other focuses at the moment and none of them involved spending extensive amounts of time listening in on other people's conversations. Unless she heard something that sounded exceedingly important, that wasn't about to change.

Yukihime's words, on the other hand, did matter to some extent and without looking at the woman directly, she answered, "Well, Garret didn't mention specific supplies we needed, but I could always use screws and things of that nature. Any idea where I could find that?" It was as good of a place to start as anywhere else would be.

"Unfortunately, this village does not have such a place. They have no metal materials here," she said, calmly. "If you desired to acquire anything metal-related, then you should give up on that thought," she smiled softly. "Is there anything else you'd like to buy?" Yukihime asked.

"In that case, yes. Information on how to get rid of that creature in the water. Our ship won't make it through if we take another hit from that thing which means either we're stuck or it has to go." Stacy spoke very matter of factly and she also wasn't trying to keep quiet about it because she had heard that some of the townspeople seemed to be thinking that the Crystal Lotus could get people out.

It was at this moment a rather... potent smelling man decided to intrude upon their conversation. "Are you talking about killing the thing in the waters? That... that shark... thing? Do you think you really could?" The man, who was rather dirty and covered in varying... fluids and what appearead to be mud, hopefully, flicked his eyes rapidly between the two women. "Ms. Yukihime, the elder left you in charge of the new bunch huh? Do you think they could do it?"

"Kill it?" Stacy repeated, simply because it bought her a second to organize her thoughts. "To kill something, it has to be alive and I'm not sure that thing qualifies as living. As to whether or not it could be dealt with, I am not sure. Is there anyone in town who knows more about it?" That was what she was looking for... information. She wasn't ready to become a gun for hire just yet.

"Ah mister Zururu, greetings. Working hard as always, I see," Yukihime smiled brightly, which made her beauty radiate even more. She then listened to what Stacy had to say.

"Basically, dear Zururu, they could deal with it if they had enough infromation to do so." she added, nonchantly.

"Uhm, I'm not promising that." Stacy wasn't about to guarantee anything.

The man stalled for a moment as Ms. Yukihime smiled at him, briefly distracted. "Uh uh. Oh yeah." He tried to keep eye contact with both of them while seemingly looking all around him for eavesdroppers. "Promise or no, it's the closest thing we've had to hope in ten years. Follow me to my home, I have to show something to you that I can't let the other villagers know about." He said this in a hushed whisper before beelining straight towards the village without checking if they were following.

Yukihime followed him and just in case anyone tried to follow, she conveniently "dropped" a vial on the ground. Whoever'd get close and inhale the gas formed from the poison which spilled would fall asleep. The effect would last for at least 30 minutes. She'd have no remorse.

And after a quick sigh, Stacy followed along as well. She really wasn't fond of being someone's only hope even if it was just a small hope, but that option was better than getting stuck on an island that didn't even have the equipment she needed to do the work that she loved.

After a few minutes of paranoid, jerky walking the man opened the door to a rather small hut. One clearly meant for a single individual, or perhaps a newly married couple. He held the door as the two women entered the small abode. It was almost obsessively tidy within the home. Clearly at odds with the paranoid and dirty appearance of Zururu. There was a single bed made of wood, a dresser at the end of it, and several sealed wooden boxes stacked neatly against one wall. Everything was free of detritus of any visible kind.

Zururu came in after them, closing the door behind him and throwing a wooden bar across the door frame to keep anyone from coming in behind them. "Alright, alright alright."

Yukihime wasn't expecting to see such a paranoic behaviour from Zururu, but she could guess why he'd act like that. "Mister Zururu, please breathe slowly, and concentrate on your heartbeat." she said. It would have helped him calm down.

Zururu slowed his breathing the best he could. "Yes yes, thank you Miss Yukihime." He spoke in a manner that made miss come out mizz. "Please take a seat on the bed or dresser or on some of the boxes if you please. I apologize for not having chairs. I don't often entertain guests." He ran a dirty hand through dirty hair, not really accomplishing much but to flick mud and other things on his otherwise pristine floors.

Although she really wasn't one to get too drawn into details, it was hard for Stacy to not notice the stark contrast between the man who was leading the way and the house that he led them into. It almost seemed as though they came from two separate worlds. Her entire body frame seemed to jump as he locked them inside and she did not sit down even when she had been asked to do so.

"I think I'll stand, thank you very much." Her tone made it clear that she already just wanted to see what he had to show and then get out.

Yukihime sat on the bed. "Stacy isn't trying to be rude, dear Zururu. From what I've seen she's merely the type that likes to get straight to business," she said, acting like a harmonizer. "I assume you brought us here because you know something." she added.

Zururu rubbed at his neck tensely. "Yes, yes. My apologies. You see yesterday morning I sort of did something. Something we weren't supposed to do. Something people died trying before." He looked back and forth as if the walls might have ears before leaning forward and whispering. "I followed the creatures through the forest and into the mountains. To where they come from each night. Where they return to each morning. I followed them there." He shuddered and pulled something from his pocket. "I found this near a huge building near the mountains peak." In his hands he held a simple metal screwdriver.

Yukihime looked at the screwdriver with interest. The fact that he found a screwdriver was what fascinated her, not the object itself. "This is fascinating, but I am unsure how it could be used around here," as she said that, she turned to Stacy. "What do you think?" she asked. She was actually being ironic, and indirectly pointed out the oddity of an object containing metal being found on an island with simingly no metal.

Zururu blinked in frustration. "It's a screwdriver. We're isolated, not dumb. We use to have more metal down here too before... before..." He didn't seem capable of continuing the sentence. "Anyway, the question isn't what this is. The question is why there is an abandoned building up there? Why do they have metal objects and we don't? Why do those THINGS go back there?" He jerked oddly in an odd manner.

Stacy was beyond frustrated at this point. A screwdriver is a screwdriver and she knew that. In fact, she had one on her tool belt at that very moment although pulling it out wouldn't quite be worth the effort. What she did know was that a screwdriver was useless without screws and according to Yukihime, they didn't have screws anywhere on the island. Either that was a lie or someone was an idiot and had a screwdriver anyway. She didn't think that was a good point to start with though.

"First of all, if there are creatures going up there, then you can't exactly call it abandoned. Second of all, if you want to know why there is an abandoned building, why not go look? Is there something scary up there that you're just not mentioning because I can't help at all unless I know. If there's something up there that you want and there's a reason you can't go get it, you need to share that reason or I can't help."

Zururu gave a long suffering sigh. Full attention placed on the girl Yukihime called Stacy. "Creatures, plural. Live there. One single shark thing has effectively killed nearly every single person ever to try and get into the island. Your friend failed to kill it by stabbing it through the head with a metal sword. How effective do you think we villagers with wood and stone weapons will be against undead, part metal nightmares?"

"Not very, but I wouldn't be effective against them either without knowing they existed. Before you said that just now, I hadn't the first clue. I'm new here, ok?"

"Obviously. Look there are multiple kinds of creatures we know of. Ms. Yukihime can fill you in. Meanwhile I have to go back out and hunt for food while it's day time. Good luck to you all." Zururu unlocked the door and sprinted off towards the forest, leaving them alone in his open house.

Garret Allistair, Ferra McKlinnen, and Alex Q. Draw

Alex started to walk with her new captain and Ferra toward the village elder. "What kind of supplies are you looking for, anyway?" she asked Garret as she stroked her hawk's fathers. "Our shipwright was adamant about the ship being intact, though with that creature out there our ship probably isn't scratchless," she speculated out loud. Now thinking about the creature, Alex realised that she had only heard about it and hadn't actually seen it. "You didn't happen to see the thing did you?" she asked. "What did it look like?"

Ferra gave a cross between a laugh and a snort of derision as she heard the question of whether or not they had seen the creature. She had definitely seen the beast, more than that too, she tore into it fair ways as well. Hadn't been enough to kill it... again... but she'd achieved what she'd wanted.

"Big shark, dead, patchwork held together. Sword blades for teeth. I put a sword through it's head and it didn't die. Again might I add, because the fucker was already dead when it came after me." Ferra responded lightly, as if she hadn't nearly died trying to kill it, "And Stacy needs items to repair the outer hull of the ship. The beast tore into it badly before I ran it off."

Garret listened in wonder and disbelief at what Ferra said. Zombie sharks with metal teeth? What in the world was going on here that such a thing could exist? "Zombie sharks that are part metal. Like.... robot zombie sharks. But that... wouldn't that mean somebody had to make the bits that keep it alive?" He blinked several times before adding in after, in a under the breath tone. "Didn't damage it that bad, my glass had something to say about that. Dumb robozombie shark."

Alex looked surprised after hearing about the robot zombie shark. Maybe she was lucky that she hadn't seen it; her animal knowledge wouldn't have been helpful and her bullets probably wouldn't have done much damage anyway. "Sounds like you had a bigger boat," Alex said as she thought back on how her boat was quickly smashed by the creature. "How many crewmates do you have under you anyway?" she asked Garret.

Garret perked up at Alex's statement. "I like to think my boat is pretty great beyond the fact it is big", he said with a big, dopey grin. "As for crewmates, well i thought id have more by now. But several decided to part ways unfortunately." He counted off on his fingers. "Ferra, Stacy, Shayden, maybe his unconscious friend, you.... uhm. Four for now, with the possibility of five." He seemed a bit visibly down over this.

"You already have five," Alex said, her comment was quickly followed up by a squak from Jet. "Jet may be a hawk, but he's more than a pet; He's my partner."

Garret nodded. "Of course.. how could i forget Jet. So i suppose five, six including myself. It's not many but we all have to start somewhere!" He said with a bit of wavering cheer. As they finished this conversation they finally arrived at the largest hut in the center of the village. Two torches, which were currently put out, were on either side of the doorway. "This must be the elders house. I mean, i can't imagine anyone else would get a the biggest house with fancy torches and such."

Looking at the 'building' before them, Ferra felt it was certainly meant for leadership, here anyway, but noted that she only saw the one entrance and exit. It was a prime spot for an ambush or a trap. That coupled with one other detail...

Walking up to Garret's side, she spoke low and fast, "Well, while you've been conversing, we've been followed. Don't look or you'll give us away, but someone has been tracking us."

Garret didn't turn around, simply trusting Ferra who was probably better at this sort of thing. "Alright. Well, we'll see what we can do about that on our way out. Not exactly like that old lady is going to ambush us or something." With that, totally not testing fate line, he walked right into the hut. Immediately he was hit with the scents of several kinds of incense. Light smoke wafted through the air, making it a tad difficult to things as clearly as most would like. "Hello?", Garret said to the seemingly empty room.

Alex gave Ferra a nod after she warned Garret about the person trailing them. After that she followed behind Garret and grimiced as the various scents entered her nose; she wasn't a fan of the clashing scents. "Elder Marro? Are you here?" she called out. The smoke wasn't making it easy to spot the village elder.

Seemingly out of nowhere, as if she came out of the smoke itself, the Elder stood in front of Garret and Alex. "Come." was all she said to the three, gesturing lightly to a table in the corner, four chairs surrounding it. One was on one side, three on the other. Almost as if she knew how many would be visiting her.

Eyeing the chairs suspiciously, Ferra shook her head and walked towards the corner of the room, leaning against the wall as her right hand's finger strummed rythmically across the barrel of her rifle. Between the new place, being followed, and a woman who had their set number of chairs already set, Ferra was less than pleased with the understood norm of such a situation.

"I'll stand, thank you. Mind telling us what tried to kill me. Or why your greeter stated that I'm going to die because I don't smile enough?"

Marro sat in her seat with a look of indifference, watching as the young man with different eyes sat in his own. Marro eyed the angry young woman as she stood against the wall. She smirked lightly for a fleeting second. "Suspicious. Smart.", was all she said in response to her choosing to stand there. "Monster. Attacks the unhappy. No idea why." She pointed at each of the three gathered there, "Questions.", then at herself, "Answers." After a thoughtful second she added, "But fast. Tired."

Alex thought that it was strange how Elder Marro seamed to have correctly predicted the amount of guests, but decided to take a seat anyway. "How many robot zombie things are there on this island and how tough are they?" she asked.

The Elder seemed deeply entrenched in thought for a moment. "One by sea. Thirty birds. Don't know on land. Counted twenty human ones." She frowned deeply at the second half of the question. "Don't know how to kill them."

"Alright, one more question from me. Do they travel in groups, or alone?"
Ferra growled out in interest.

The elder straightened out, audibly popping joints before settling back in her seat. "Both. Depends." She yawned deeply. "Luck." And without preamble she fell asleep then and there, right in the seat.

Alex stood up from her chair and reached into her jacket pocket. She pulled out her alcohol flask, opened it, and took a quick swig. "Well, that wasn't as helpful as I'd like," she stated as she put the flask back into her pocket. "Looks like we'll have to find out how to deal with these creatures on our own. I suppose that leaves us with our friend back there for now," she added, referring to the individual that had been following them.

Eyeing the door as she had already recieved her answer to her questions, Ferra listened to Alex with muted interest. Walking towards the exit she slung her rifle over her back and drew her sabre out, letting it rest idly in her left, and dominant, hand as she moved to position just inside the door.

"Garret, I'll take point at the moment when we head outside. I have an element of unpredictability I like to introduce people to, and I'm itching for a fair fight after the beast underwater. I suppose I'll move on your cue, would hate to get the crew into trouble too soon."

Garret, who had let the other two ask the questions, stood as they made their way to leave. He watched as Ferra took cover to one side of the door. "Sounds good. I'll just walk right out because.... yknow, fruit powers and such." He gave a slightly cocky smile that was meant to be playful in nature, though he doubted Ferra would think of it as such.

After that he sauntered straight out the door into the sunlight. He almost considered letting the sun reflect through him to blind the stalker, but he might hurt the villagers too. Also, who knows how they'd react to his fruit being used right in front of them. "Alright, whoever was following us, please step forward before we have to take more direct action!", he said loudly to the general surroundings.

Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Logan Heilan
As Logan had been following them, he was doing what he could to pick up on their conversations and they certainly didn’t sound like bounty hunters or marines… the two kinds of people who he wouldn’t be able to approach quite so directly although for very different reasons.

He couldn’t follow them continuously, though, because after entering town, the group disappeared into a building and it was one he wasn’t sure if he could safely follow them into. Actually, Logan didn’t know much about town at all, now that he thought about it. He had just been waiting at the beach for the longest time because that was where a ship would show up if one actually survived and made it close enough. That meant that for while they walked into the building, Logan was simply left waiting around. He didn’t actually put much effort into hiding, though he hoped he would blend into a small degree. His eyes returned to them when they came back out and then he heard them.

Logan sighed as the three people he decided to tail picked up on his presence. He figured he should at least introduce himself. It’d likely save him a major headache later. It’s not like he was explicitly trying to hide anyway. “I wasn’t trying to sneak up on you or anything. I don’t mean any harm. Last time I was too carefree about approaching strangers didn’t go so well for me. I saw that you came in on a ship, and I am in need of a new ship to tag along on. My last one is demolished. I’m willing to pay or work, or whatever, I just need a ship to travel on. My name is Logan Heilan.”

Since he was carrying a violin case, it was fairly reasonable to assume the man could play music and the weapon at his hip as well as the one on his back both suggested he knew how to hold his own as well. All in all, he had the appearance of an interesting individual, and he hoped that would be enough to convince them that he might be worth traveling with for a while. Usually it was.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Alex Q. Draw
Alex drew her rifle as she followed Garret out of the village elder's hut. Stepping out into the sunlight, she began to stare at Logan as he talked with her captain. Even though she didn't know him, she recognized Logan as another individual who had shared in her being-stuck-on-the-island predicament. Logan might not have had to explain himself while weapons were drawn if she had turned around earlier against Ferra's request.

Alex gave Ferra an everything-is-OK nod as she swung her rifle strap over her shoulder. She left Logan's ship question for Garret to answer and she began to look at the sky as if she was expecting a robot zombie hawk to appear any minute. "What should we do now, captain?" she asked a few moments later. "We've got all of the information we're going to get out of the elder right now. If you want, Jet and I could do a little scouting; but if we're going to do any serious fighting against the robot zombie creatures, it should be a group effort. It sounds like we're dealing with something unnatural. If I've learned anything from my Wolf Pack days, it's never fight alone."

AllHailDago AllHailDago Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh Stormborn Targaryen Stormborn Targaryen

Stacy Beauregard
It was more than a little odd in Stacy’s mind that a man had started going into details on something and then had just decided that someone else could fill in the gaps. She hadn’t been under the impression that Yukihime had known very much about what was going on in the first place so she was doubtful of whether or not the woman who was with her would actually be able to add anything on to what Zururu had already said. In her frustration, Stacy fell back and found herself sitting on the bed which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing at all.

“Well, he was interesting,” she remarked without much thought. “Is he always like that?” By ‘that’ she meant eager to give the most basic of details and then run off without filling in the holes. That likely wasn’t obvious from the way that she said it, though.

What Stacy did next was actually controlled by subconscious emotions. She reached back into her tool belt and pulled out her own screwdriver. It had a handle that was easy to hold and textured so that it didn’t slip from her palm when she was using it. Furthermore, her own hands were callused in such a way that suggested she used the tool every day, because that was the truth of the matter. Spinning it between her fingers, Stacy found her mind drifting back to the details that he had been able to explain before he vanished and she found herself wondering if there were any mechanics here on the island who couldn’t do their work simply because they didn’t have the tools. She knew that for her, that would be an awful way to live.

“Are you able to fill in any more than what he had to say?” she eventually asked Yukihime. It wasn’t that she absolutely needed more information, but asking was better than not. At this point, without even realizing it, Stacy was more than willing to find the rest of the crew and initiate an investigation with or without their help.

And she was still fiddling with her screwdriver, rolling it between her fingertips.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Yukihime White

Yukihime stood silent for a short while, simingly analyzing the interior of the room. She was actually just lost in thought. Then she heard Stacy speak.

"Well, he was interesting...Is he always like that?"

Afterwards she asked another question.

"Are you able to fill in any more than what he had to say?"

"He is afraid. And he has good reasons to be. Please forgive his behaviour" Yukihime paused shortly "As for other information...I can give you details about the various types of creatures here, and..." she paused yet again. She got off from the bed and faced Stacy.

"I am pretty sure I can kill these creatures. Now, I know they are just nuts and bolts, and that they have no actual death, but I was speaking metaphorically. I can make sure they remain immobile and damaged forever, thus it'd be their death. But I can't do it on my own. While I can kill them in theory, I can't do it on my own without dying in the process. I made a promise. I can't die here. I...need your help." she said, calmly, but her eyes where really sincere.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Last edited:
Stacy Beauregard
“Afraid?” Stacy repeated. She understood what it meant and she understood that he likely had good reason to be afraid. However, Stacy wasn’t used to someone else being afraid when she didn’t have that same reason to be afraid. She simply wasn’t used to not understanding the reasoning behind the fear. She hadn’t seen what they were afraid of so that made it hard for her to sympathize.

She knew she wanted to see exactly what it was that was haunting these people, but she was worried about what that would mean if she asked about that. Stacy was afraid that she would get to see it and that she wouldn’t like what she saw.

“Part of me wants to know what it is exactly they’re afraid of, but I’m afraid of what that would mean,” Stacy commented, more to herself than to Yukihime directly.

Her attention quickly snapped back to the situation that was more directly at hand, though, and she met Yukihime’s gaze as Yukihime started laying out her plan more directly. “I’m definitely willing to help. We’re not going anywhere anytime soon, I’m sure and I have no interest in going back to face that shark yet. Stopping them is as good as killing them from the sounds of it so I’m definitely open to it.”

Now Stacy was back in the mindset of wanting to get to being useful again. She was ready to have something to do that would lead to forward progress.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Users who are viewing this thread