• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

We're Off to Slay the Dragon [Dice][Forum]

Doctor Calgori

Minister of Science, Shhh.....
Apologies, friends, but I must shelve this for now.

You were standing at watch, clutching at a rifle stock and wakefulness with equal anxiety. You were watching a pot of chemicals, hoping this month's paycheck wouldn't boil over. You were fighting in the village tavern, belting obscenities through mouthfuls of beer. You were staring into the sky, wondering why all the stars had vanished.

You watched as the Dragon screeched through the sky, blotting out the sun with a cloud of black gas. You covered your ears as it shrieked, the sound of a million tortured souls burned in hellfire. You dove for cover as it parted its jaws, and belched forth flames hot enough to melt solid rock. You cowered still as it descended, shredding guard and guardhouse alike with its deadly claws. And when all was done, you peered from your hiding spot, and into the million red eyes of the beast itself as it rose into the air, its mission complete.

And in that moment, you knew only hate.

It's been some time since your life was destroyed and the Dragon vanished. But you've rebuilt it, some. You've got a place to stay. You've got something to do, to keep food on the table. You've got experience under your belt, calluses on your hands, scars on your face. Most importantly, you have a mission. All of you, in fact, and this is why you have met. Hushed whispers from across the land have floated into your ears: the Dragon has appeared again, rampaging somewhere in the Far North. You go now, from your corners of the earth, traveling as one to gather weapons, allies, knowledge. To rebuild what the Dragon has destroyed, and to destroy what wretched villainy the fear of the beast has built. To die, most likely. But that doesn't matter. So long as you still have breath in your lungs, boots on your feet, and things to cram into your shotgun, so you will march.

You're off to slay the Dragon.

An exceptionally silly game juxtaposing a traditional medieval-style fantasy quest with a lot of post-apocalyptic grit and sand in your eyes. Players are survivors of villages destroyed by the Dragon, a terrible beast and fearsome war-machine sprung to life from the ashes of ancient wars. They have set out through a world still recovering from a catastrophic end to slay the terrible beast, and bring peace to their hearts. This is an easy, rather straightforward game with no higher ideals then shenanigans.

Straightforward quest-centric gameplay. There's room to add in some side quests or other such things for flavor, but this is most certainly not a sandbox. I'll probably be using a boiled down version of nWoD to handle the nitty gritty details. Things should still be fine for non-dice folks, so don't let big words like dice scare you away. I will ask that you be open to getting comfortable with certain dice mechanics.

Pace will be relaxed as doc gets back up to speed with things. Regarding player posts, I don't enforce any particular requirement of length, but quality is key.

In conclusion, come play this game if you want silly times with the doc. Also note that the game won't start for a bit as I have to finish rereading my rulebooks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Yes please, I would like to sign up and have everyone I have ever known killed by a rampaging, fire breathing (or not), giant leather purse. I am of course one of those people who find the word 'dice' to be morosely over-sized. Despite that small fear however, I would enjoy a romp in medieval, post-apocalyptic, fantasylandasia.

@frix u wot

Looking good so far folks. Remember that there will be some downtime between now and game start, so keep this on a back burner somewhere.

*rolls in to peek* S'pose I'll futterwacken with it a tad eh? *don's his madness dutifully* Wot?

Insufficient posting thingos Privileges, that one... yeah.. 
on second thought, You must click the large join button on the left. 
No wait, its on the right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back