• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

dog_teeth

a sheep with a hound is no prey at all
|THEY SAY WE'RE BROKEN, GONE, SINNING|
BUT WE'RE THE ONLY ONES REALLY LIVING
THEY CALL US HEATHENS, SAVAGES, BRUTES
|BUT WE'RE NOT THE ONES BURIED BENEATH ROOTS...|

--A ROLEPLAY CREATED BY DOG_TEETH
-ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO THE POEM USED THROUGHOUT, PLEASE DO NOT COPY.

| THEY SAID WE WERE RELICS OF THE PAST, REMNANTS NOT MEANT TO LAST || BUT WHEN PUSH CAME TO SHOVE, WE'RE THE ONLY ONES LIVING UP ABOVE |
(AND, OH, THE FIRE IN YOUR VEINS, IT NEVER DIED)
Hello, pups. Listen closely, because I won't repeat my introduction for any of you. You'll need to learn to focus and listen fast. Some of you have lived sheltered lives with the last of the city slickers, and some of you have lived this life from the time you were born, and it's all you know. Regardless of where you come from, life owes you nothing out here, and you'd best learn that soon or you'll be sleeping in the roots. I will be your guide, or mentor, as the Master would refer to me. I'll be your example as you learn your ways around here. But first, to know where we are going, we must sometimes revisit the past.
(AND WE WERE STANDING BACK AT THE TOP OF HISTORY)
. . . Humanity was comfortable, once. They lived happy lives in their paper houses, surrounded by the gods they called technology, and warmed by the dimming coals they burned. They grew lazy. Fat. Soft. Comfortable. They changed us, too, for the sake of their comfort. Gone were our warriors who fought tooth and nail for our masters, turned into melted monstrosities, gone were our hunters so wild and free, reduced to a stay-at-home imitation (a mockery) and dead were our runners, swift and true. Nothing but leash accessories is how we grew. But the dogmen of the great past kept our origins alive so we'd last, and that's why we're here today, you and I. Great men among man who kept the true 'us' alive, the Working Dogs, faithful and true. But not all of us are meant to last, some of us still have a test to pass, and that's what you must do. Prove your worth. Prove your strength. Prove your will, and maybe the Master will keep you still. But fail and you'll be sent far away, or fumble in the field and to the roots you'll pay.
-OUR ROLEPLAY SIMPLIFIED, BUT ALSO A WARNING IN CASE YOU WANNA RUN AND HIDE-
This Roleplay will be about a group of puppies a hunter in a post-apocalyptic world has bought to raise and train. We will begin in their puppyhood which is mostly lighthearted stuff to get you acquainted with how things are in the roleplay, but things get serious as they get older. In this roleplay, characters are not immune to death, disease, or injury, and have realistic limits and limits they can break.
Please be warned that this roleplay will feature death, ailments, potential graphic violence, and a very bleak outlook.
If you aren't scared away, please continue below! <3
AND, OH, THEY'RE STUCK WAY DOWN BELOW
(WAY DEEP DOWN WHERE THE ROOTS STILL GROW) THE ROLEPLAY RULES AND GUIDELINES
  1. Please be respectful to fellow roleplayers at all times :)
  2. This is a realistic roleplay, so LGBTQ+ is not permitted between dogs. However, asexuality is accepted if your character is a dog-aggressive breed or is spayed/neutered.
  3. You are asked to provide an explanation why your character is spayed/neutered, as working dogs are not spayed or neutered without adequate reason due to the detrimental effects it can have.
  4. I encourage your characters to be very diverse, be they terrier or sighthound or mastiff, but please do note that your character will have realistic limitations regardless of what you choose. It all depends on your breed.
  5. This is generally a platonic roleplay, but romance is always allowed to bloom!
  6. This roleplay will be a little like D&D, where depending on your character's BREED (can be combinations) rather than their TYPE (terrier, mastiff, etc) or phenotype (how they are built) will allow certain actions and disallow certain others. For example, say your character is chasing a boar as a heavy mastiff breed such as a Neopolitan mastiff. However, because it is naturally a slower dog it is not suited to chasing fast prey and will fail to catch the boar. Because of this, please use passive action such as "he tries to bite the boar and hold it down" rather than "he bites the boar and holds it down."
  7. Have fun!! <3
  8. Also please don't choose a dog breed that really cannot hunt feasibly (i.e. Chihuahuas), it is allowed to choose such breeds but please be aware that they will likely die or be culled along the way.
AND WE'RE PRAYIN', BAYIN', HOWLIN' TO THE LORD
(BEGGIN' HIM TO SAVE OUR STARVING SOULS) DEFINITIONS YOU MAY NEED TO KNOW
  • "TO SLEEP IN THE ROOTS"-- It is how many around these parts refer to death.
  • "MOLLY"-- A very insulting term for a dog to call a dog, basically the human equivalent of an explicative. This means a female cat. If you must curse, please use this roleplay's explicatives.
  • "RUNT"-- Derogative term for short dogs, also an explicative.
  • "CATCH DOG"-- The dog(s) that catch and hold prey for the hunter, usually strong, large dogs that can take a beating and deal out equal force. They usually hold prey down by the ears.
  • "BAY DOG"-- The dog(s) who chase down prey and make a barking noise called baying to keep the animal in place before the catch dogs arrive.
  • "TREEING DOG"-- The same as a bay dog, but also chases smaller, ursine, or feline prey into a tree.
  • "CULLING/CULL"-- Means a dog has failed to meet the Master's expectations, and will likely be sold or sent away.
SO LET THE HUNT BEGIN
FAN THE FLAMES WITHIN
RUN LIKE THE BULLET SHOOTS
AND SING O'ER THE ROOTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back