• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy We’re Not in The Suburbs Anymore

willoww

Willow tree ~
Very general premise of the story:

Inspired by the podcast, “Dungeons and Daddies”, four parents and their children who were on their way to a lacrosse game have suddenly found themselves in an unknown world. Previously driving through town, the parents now find themselves in the middle of a forest with only their minivan, belongings, and their childre— WHERE’S THEIR CHILDREN?! They’ve also found that an interesting change has happened within them… They have… Powers?
Children missing and an allotment of new powers, the four parents set out on a journey to find their children and make their way back home.
~~~

This is a super generalized plot that is meant for a sandbox collaboration that we will create together. Discord is a MUST and will be our main form of communication outside of our RP thread here.
I dont have many rules but will not budge on the few that I do have:
1. 18+ only please
2. No god modding, I will not tolerate anyone taking control over anyone else’s characters. Just talk to the other person about it if you want a specific interaction to happen; communication is key.
3. I ask that we keep a minimum of at least 2 paragraphs to keep everyone engaged. I loveeee detailed stories so feel free to let your mind run wild!
4. If someone cannot post for a long period of time, please just let us know! I dont expect posts everyday but I would greatly appreciate if you communicated with the group if you will not be posting for a week or longer.
5. Have fun with it! Humor and comedy are great additions to RPs; it doesn’t have to be serious all of the time.
~~~
I will post a CS if we have enough interest checks!
If you have any examples of your writing, feel free to include it below!

I havent listened to Dungeon and Daddies yet but I'd be interested! I'm always the mom friend of my group, both irl and in rps lmao

I havent listened to Dungeon and Daddies yet but I'd be interested! I'm always the mom friend of my group, both irl and in rps lmao
Yay! I’ll set up a discord and I’d love to read any examples of both of your writing styles if you guys have any! Just so I know how to collaborate with you both :)

sure thing! here's a recent post:

In a dimly lit one-room apartment off 14th stirred a cyber K9 unit from its rest sequence. When its owner wasn't in his regular place, it scanned the room for a familiar heat signature, only to find him curled into the gap between the bed & tower server. The breathing pattern of the figure told Fuzz that he was still sleeping, but his form was dressed & his hair damp, dripping onto the pages of a ☒̵̡͈͇̗̟̳̯͉̏͛̏̿͝ͅ☒̴̢̹͓̪̗̜̬̪͎͉͂͐͝ͅ☒̴̢̼̜̞͉̠̬̼̲̱͍̉☒̸̧͙͎̱̙͇̘̟͍̥̰̮͐̽̉͑̂̒̏̑̎͂͛ in his lap at a rate of .34 droplets/second.

Located: Cyber K9 Handler C-232.

As a cybercom, Fuzz had an awaiting morning sequence to carry out, but it seemed like his owner had gotten a head start. Estimating the amount of time taken to shower & dress himself, it seemed Fuzz had 16 minutes to itself before needing to wake Alex to keep him on schedule.

At this realization, Fuzz nuzzled its way into its owner's lap.

Alarm in 960 seconds.
Entering sleep mode.

"Alright son, in a second you're gonna read out what's there for me," said an aging human, dressed in office wear. He pointed to an ID card hanging of the neck of the taller human beside him. The older one approached, "K9, register your owner."

At the prompt, the taller of the two took the other's place & announced, "Cyber K9 Handler C-232: Alejandro Cuesta." He hesitated a bit, eye darting up & back down to the ID as he spoke.

Registering Cyber K9 Handler C-232.

Suddenly, he'd been given access to latent functions reserved for active units. The UI became filled with extra information, like the heartrates of the two humans & the estimations of the two's state of minds. One: Leaning forward, drawn brows, clenched jaw... Nervous. The other: half-lidded, leaned back, arms crossed... Apathetic. Voice box hummed, "... I am Alejandro Cuesta's Cyber K9."

"Alright, register aliases."

"Oh uh, Alex works."

"Hello, Alex works."

"God dammit," The mechanic fussed & nudged Alejandro out of the way, "Gimme a sec."

6:23 AM

Alejandro woke when the lump of leather stirred in his lap for the second time. His offline systems would have him reposition himself every 10 minutes to prevent something like components shifting, Alejandro recalled someone saying at work.
For a moment, he stayed like that, soaking in the low sun. He'd idly pet Fuzz & lament the probable crinkling of the book he'd been reading. No doubt was it ruined under the shifting weight of the big loaf &, as he'd come to realize, the dripping his hair contributed earlier that morning. He'd gotten up around 5 for whatever reason that day; nothing wrong with starting the day an hour early, he figured.
Accepting the loss with a huff, Alejandro gave his dog a firm pat, "C'mon bud, get up."

Soft whirring filled the silence of the morning. With a robotic whine, Fuzz roused to give a big stretch across Alejandro's chest; if it weren't for the armor he'd accidentally fallen asleep in, the scuffed up paws would have definitely left a scratch. From the amount of walking his little body's done, the leather of his limbs were already beginning to wear off & show metal. The reminding sight made Alejandro's heart twist.

Another pat. "Feeling okay? You didn't wake me up today. Maybe... we should get you checked out?" At the suggestion, the dog shook his head at an almost concerning speed. He jumped up onto the newly made bed — from before he fell back asleep — & gave a fiery bark toward the blinds, leaving a singe on a couple.

"Uh! No sir. Bad!" With a huff, Alejandro got to his feet to fan away the smoke with the paperback — a trashy pay-per-word romance novel whose title wasn't really worth mentioning. Alarm averted, he smacked his hand against the book, directing the sound at Fuzz with a frown, "Bad dog. What the hell?"

"System diagnostics come back tolerable," came from Fuzz's speaker in that apathetic, Starsoft David voice. One of these days Alejandro would get around to downloading something more fitting... One day.

"Tolerable is setting us on fire?!"

Another fuel-expelling bark. Alejandro threw his hands up, "¡Ya! I get it." Fuzz nodded, walking a couple circles before plopping down on the bed with a satisfied gruff. Alejandro wished he'd gotten that extra hour of sleep after all, feeling his eyes roll at the sight.

Having left Fuzz to nap, Alejandro stood in front of the mirror with a set head tilt & frown. He unbuckled & unzipped parts of his armor to soothe out his nap lines and then, like clockwork, he dressed himself. Smoothing out his sleeves & lapel, he considered the vision in the mirror.
The state of himself was... in Fuzz's words, tolerable. The neck of his armor stuck out past both the button-up & suit collar. The edges of his armor's velcro & zippers showed through the beige suit a bit oddly. There was an ink stain on the right wrist from last week's event. Dry cleaning was expensive, alright?
His hair had dried wrong, most noticeably, though he supposed the suit would offset that. A part of him considered jumping into the shower again, but he had a report to turn in before heading into that luncheon. Bad hair day, then; adds character.

"Ready?" He asked when he turned back around to face his now-drooling cyber dog. Fuel was getting all over his sheets. He'd have to clean that up this afternoon. That thought made him just wanna head out sooner, so with a tug on Fuzz's handle, they did.

9:31 AM

Knock knock.

"Got your report. Would've given you the afternoon, but good on you getting this in."

"Oh. Morning, chief," Alejandro swiveled to face the stout middle-aged man who'd stepped up to the desk he'd been occupying that morning - not assigned to him... yet. He tugged at his sleeve's trim & averted his eyes, "Yeah well, got up early so you know. Actually, I'm just heading out."

"Don't let me keep you," The chief's eyes wandered the little semi-cubicle, with Alejandro's following, before finally landing down at Fuzz. He must've noticed the paws, because he then mused, "Wanna leave it here? The maintenance guys could reskin it while you're out."

Alejandro pursed his lips in thought, watching Fuzz stifle a reaction; acting out here would mean a definite visit to maintenance. "Uh, maybe later. The, uh, kids like seeing him. Er, it." Did kids attend luncheons? Alejandro didn't even know.

"Hrm..." The chief's gaze darted between the two, before nodding, "Good thinkin'." He rested his hand on the desk's divider, stepping out before halting.

"And Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Fix the mop."

"Uh — Yes sir."

In a stern voice, the chief added, "You're the department's face today. Look like it."

Alejandro felt his face fall when the chief took his leave. That last part wasn't as honorable as the chief's tone had implied it to be. Part of his duties as a new firemen was, evidently, playing fireman dress up whenever events called for it. Stuff like setting up recruitment booths at schools or attending these kinds of charity luncheons on behalf of the department. It couldn't really be helped; the other guys handled calls, while newbies were left with the chores.

Alejandro combed a hand through his "mop" — bit rude, really. It was short. More like a broom, than a mop — before landing his hand over his mouth, feeling at the downturned corners of his lips. Alejandro grimaced. The effects were lasting less & less these days. He reached a hand into the crossbody bag he'd strapped across Fuzz's back.

Pill popped, Alejandro slumped. He melted a bit into his chair, a calmness settling into features. The chief's voice echoed internally: Look like it. From his side, Fuzz gave a whine & nuzzled into a limp hand.

9:38 AM

The commute was to be around 7 minutes. From his readings, Alejandro recalled it having been doubled some 30 years ago without today's advancements in transportation.
It'd be 9:45 when they arrived; an exact 15 minutes before the event started. Perfectly early enough to settle into whatever table the organizers set him up with. Luckily, he thought, he didn't have to carry those hologram pop-up banners with him, like he did at booths. He just had to show up, eat, chat with department sponsors if they recognized him, & go home; Chief had said he would've given him the afternoon off, after all. Surely that still stood.

When he could, Alejandro avoided heading north. He didn't know; wasn't his scene or something like that. Halfway into the trip, when the bus made a stop, he remembered why.

Net U. As though he knew, Fuzz plopped his head into Ale's lap. Alejandro pet him, more for himself rather than the pup. Like a cruel joke, memories of school came to the forefront. When he'd been called into the counsellors, urging him to take a chance. That there were talks of Net making exceptions. That his grades were more than enough to be considered. That with a couple more extra curriculars, he'd have a good chance at candidacy. That —

Without a second thought, he reached into Fuzz's bag, tugging at the dog's handles when he pulled away.

Peace. The rest of the ride went smoothly after that. Great, even. Maybe, if he was lucky, he'd catch sight of the Needle before heading in. A mechanical whine.

Here is its! I'm coming back from a hiatus so I'm a little rusty but I do try my best! Here is one of my more recent post.

The Witch Doctor
Quiwynn was used to business being slowly and had been staring at a help wanted poster for awhile. Leaving home only years ago and explore for only 2 of those years and ended up in Toron, becoming a doctor of sorts to the locals, but many were skeptical, yet her methods worked. So after those 2 years, she stayed here, and missed the traveling she once did, after all, not many new plants can be found, even in the black market, which she only dared to deal with only twice in her stay, both times a mistake. "Small, not recognizable as other guilds. It's not like I'm making money sitting here," She would tell herself, seemingly talking to herself but looked to her staff gently leaning against the stall she had set up. A few moments passed by, and she folded up the paper and tucked it away and grabbed their staff finally, collecting any unsold or untaken goods and packing them away, and closed up for the day, earlier than usual. It was worth a shot, after all, there is a chance she could travel around, or she heard that other guild members did.

Thus began her walk to this HQ to this guild that called themselves 'The Stoneroses'. An odd name for sure, one that didn't stand out much either, at least in their opinion. Lost in their own thought, they missed the occasional stares and whispers about them, as it was not common for a giant, let alone a giant of her kind, to be here. She had gotten used to this looks and whispers, she did stand out a lot. Mossy green hair tamped by a mushroom cap of the common toadstool, a hand knitted lavender sweater, light grey trousers with oddly shaped spots, and her bovine like feature. That added with her height, it was expected, or so she learned quickly. She turned a corner and saw a usual customer running in this direction, having run past Quiwynn only to quickly back track.

"Quinn! Wha-why are you here. Never mind that! Do you have that medicine? It the last dosage and here, the money! In full!" The human customer said. Slowly Quiwynn would stop in the street and look down with a kind smile.
"So you did manage to save? Keep it, I only made up that price so you can get yourself something nice for your wedding come next season. Here, this should last you for some time, and have your mother up and walking," Quiwynn would say softly, going into their many bags and pulled out a medium sized satchel that held a mixture of herbs to make a medicinal tea.

The number of thank you from one person was unbearable. What was more interesting was that for this one, tea one of the major components was what Quinn thought was a deadly mushroom, only when they cut, cooked, and dried the mushroom did it show it's true medical value. It was one that she was studying recently, but for now, they went back to their book and continued to walk. The rest was an uneventful walk other than the continued stares and whispers, with an occasional shout at her which Quiwynn was an expect at ignoring. Eventually, in front of a rundown, rather shabby looking building, Quiwynn found themselves in front of the Stroneroses HQ, along with what seemed to look like a walking fish, something of comparable size to herself. It wasn't the first time she herself haven't seen an unusal race, but it was rare and couldn't help but stare into the back of the head of this walking, probably talking fish, who knocked at the same door that they themselves were going to enter.

"I think we can simply walk in, dear fish friend," Quiwynn would say softly, coming up next too the aquatic humanoid and gave a small smile. "I'm here to join myself, after you, since you got here first," they said, grabbing the door handle and opened it for the other humanoid. They would wait for the other to end through the door while peering into the run-down building, looking to see if it was a small as it seemed, at least less crowded since the noise of the streets was starting to get to them. From first glance, it appeared so, which was a relief for them.

I tend to really adapt to how other people respond so I'm really flexible with how I reply

Here’s mine :)

It was the night of the final step toward becoming a member of the secret group of wizards that gathered underneath the academy. The initiation of four highly scoring young wizards would be the last piece of the puzzle that was Geneva’s plan, all she needed were those four to complete her ranks, specifically Sybil. Geneva knew, since the day she saw Sybil, that she would be an important catalyst in her plan, she’d use her power to put an end to the kingdom once and for all. Raising her to become powerful was one of the most important part of her plan, she needed to siphon Sybil’s power. This final initiation would be the long awaited beginning of the downfall of the kingdom; she‘s waited thirty five excruciatingly long years for this, playing nice and putting on a show to get to where she was now. This was it.
~
Watching herself silently in the mirror, Sybil stared into her own eyes, illuminated by the soft glow of the candle on the table in front of her. Tonight, she would finally learn the secrets her mother, the headmaster, kept from her. She never understood the need for a secret organization of wizards but trusted that her mother had a solid reasoning behind it all and never questioned it. Outside the window to her left, the sky grew darker as storm clouds approached, almost foreshadowing the night to come. Silently preparing herself, a sinking feeling in her stomach grew as her instincts warned her that something wasn’t right. She stared down at her hands until she heard a soft knock at the door, looking up into the mirror, Sybil watched as the door opened to reveal the headmaster. Geneva slowly glided across the room toward Sybil with a long black cloak draped over her left arm. Once she reached Sybil, Geneva placed her free hand on her shoulder, gripping it lightly.
“The time has come, Sybil” she spoke before draping the long cloak over Sybil’s shoulders and reaching from behind to clasp it together at her neck.
“Come now”

Reaching out her right hand for Sybil to grab, Geneva waved the other to blow out the candle that illuminated the room. Looking up at her mother, Sybil placed her hand in Geneva’s and stood up from her chair, pulling the hood of the cloak over her head. With that, Geneva pulled Sybil along, her heels clicking on the stone floors as they traveled out of the room and down the silent hallway toward a spiral staircase that descended several floors. Their descent was a silent one, the only sounds to be heard were the cracks of thunder and rain hitting the ground outside. The spiral staircase only illuminated by small torches that lined the walls felt like it took an eternity to descend. Once they finally made it down to the bottom floor, Sybil’s heart raced as Geneva stopped dead in her tracks infront of large double doors before turning to her.
“You will join your fellow students until your name has been called” she said softly “After tonight, you will be a full fledged member. You should be proud of yourself”
After a brief moment, Geneva turned and walked down a long, dark hallway and disappeared into the shadows. With a deep breath, Sybil turned back to face the doors and placed her hands on them, illuminating the magic seal that locked them shut to outsiders. The light that began inside the seal spread in swirls across the doors before they opened, revealing a large room filled with every single wizard that was part of the organization. They all wore the same dark cloaks pulled over their heads, shrouding their faces in darkness. Taking a step forward into the room, each and every person in the room turned their heads to face Sybil as they made room for her to walk to the center where the other initiates were waiting. Low murmurs could be heard amongst them, whispering about the new initiates and how this was the final step.

Finally making it to the middle of the room beside the other initiates, Sybil lowered her head until Geneva made her entrance from a dark corridor, gliding across the room and stopping in front of the large crowd.
“My fellow wizards…” she began “The time has come for the last four to join our fight. After tonight, we will have the strength to take over this kingdom. You all have been waiting for so long and I thank you for your patience… Soon…. WE will be the ones in power. WE WILL RULE THIS KINGDOM”
With her final remark, the crowd roared in cheers and hurrahs.
Rule…The kingdom?
Geneva’s speech echoed in Sybil’s mind as her heart raced. She knew that this was wrong, they couldn’t take Over the kingdom. This wasn’t right.
Without another thought, Sybil waved her hands, using the wind to blow out every torch that illuminated the room. Gasps from the crowd erupted as they panicked to relight their torches. After a short moment, they were able to relight the room but one person was missing from the line up of initiates. Sybil.

Loudly banging her staff onto the ground, Geneva let out a blood curdling scream before ordering them all to find her
”FIND HER AND BRING HER TO ME” she commanded
With a “yes mistress” the crowd dispersed from the room and rushed to catch up to Sybil. Little did they know, Sybil was already gone.

Running through the dark marsh with her staff in hand, Sybil illuminated her path with a bright orb of fire. As she made her way through, it was almost as if the beings within the marsh knew to stay away. Sybil’s aura was one you’d be sure to stay away from. Finally making it through, Sybil made her way toward the mountains, determined to find a place to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back