• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We're All Mad Here [Fantasy Academy RP] {Private}

Lil-Grumpy-Unicorn

Adapting to life as a cryptid
Name:
Ashton Rivers
Nickname:
Ash
Age (15-19):
Type:
Demonic Dragon Shifter
Human Appearance:
8d554e931a6380b6c164656b9f40ca15.jpg
Mythical Appearance:
7833c7a7-6301-446b-8fbc-ed948aaaa0be.jpg
Family:
His father left and his mother died when he was 16.
History:
Ashton lived with his mother in hell never knowing his father as he left a few months before Ashton was born and never returned. He was told throughout his childhood by his mother that he had his father's looks had her eyes. He was forced to flee and leave hell along with his mother when a rivalry between his father and another demon started and despite never knowing his father he knew looking like him would make his a target so they both left. A few years later they both were found and Ashton's mother was killed protecting him and he has been by himself ever since.
Personality:
Ashton is very secretive and views everyone with a certain amount of distrust. He keeps his past and his family a secret to even those he grows to be a little more open with. Most of the time he is quite pleasant and polite to those he talks to unless they insult him which is when he becomes a little aggressive and nastier.
Pet:
Asbolus the Gryphon
gryphin_sketch_by_kyuubi0017-d2yz2ng.jpg

Pet's Age:
3 Years
Crush/Bf/Gf:
None yet

• Name: Zackariah
    Nickname: Zack
    Sexuality: unlabeled
    Species:
    fallen angel
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Appearance:
    fc6ebd0a4e3a7eb28b9f7514a1ff5de0.jpg
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Personality: Zack, possessing an aloof personality, is neither talkative nor trusting. Having faith in only himself, he's instinctual and often goes with his gut reaction, inadvertently causing him to be unpredictable. Short-tempered, sarcastic, and abrasive, Zack's also difficult to converse with and even more arduous to befriend; and, viewing strangers as obstacles rather than potential allies, he normally avoids forming friendships, anyway. He wasn't always this way, though. Before his fall, Zackariah was an entirely different person; he was amiable and considerate; his compassionate nature was noticeable in even the smallest of actions. Unfortunately, that stage of his life is long gone. However, on occasion, his old personality will leak through his new standoffish demeanor. Usually, if asked for help, Zack will oblige despite his seemingly uncaring nature, albeit begrudgingly --revealing that an old part of himself still remains.
    Dislikes: text
    Fears: text
    Playlist: text
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Family: unknown; believed to be related to all angels, both pure and fallen
    Pet: n/a
    Romance: open
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    History: Zackariah was once a pure angel. He had it all: the white wings, the halo, the heavenly status, everything. However, he lost his divine status when he fell from Heaven — or, rather, when he was banished. Barred from above because of his "rebellious" actions, Zack was cast away and stripped of his celestial purity; his wings, once an unblemished white, were stained black with sin -- a now constant reminder of his fall from grace. What cost him his angelic ranking, he has yet to reveal to anyone.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Headcanons:
    — text
    — text
    — text

Last edited:
(( So, I suppose I should start us off were we last left it, haha. ))

Ash watched the reaper for a moment looking back to the stairs when he heard shuffling downstairs before he looked back to the reaper in the kitchen with a small mix of shock and awe on his face. "That was cool." He said softly almost to himself as he turned to face the stairs once more.

"Morning, feathers." Ash called in a teasing tone to the angel as he reached the kitchen a cheeky smile on his face before he took another bit from his piece of flapjack.

Lucius didn't look back at Ash, but as he continued to place clean dishes away in the cabinets, a faint smirk appeared on his lips. Sometimes, it was just too easy to impress others. With all of his time spent in isolation, Luke had nearly forgotten the intricacies of other beings --how they think, what they know, how they react. A downside to his self-exile, to be certain, but... it was needed. Falling silent once again, Luke listened idly to the conversation happening behind him.

Reaching the top of the spiraling steps, Zackariah glanced over at his friend as he spoke, rolling his eyes lightly at the tease. 'Feathers?' Against his back, his wings gave a soft flutter, as if wanting to spread out but confined to the angel's sides. "Morning, lizard." Zack retorted, brushing his hand through the tangles of his bedhead. Stepping lightly, he walked to the table, and after a pause, he sat down beside Ashton. Despite the food laying before him, he didn't reach for any of it. "I... really wasn't expecting to sleep."

"Rude, I'm much more than a lizard." Ashton replied with a smirk as Zack came to sit down beside him at the table. Ashton ate the last morsel of his first flapjack before he reached out and grabbed a second. He glanced at Zack the ears atop his head perking up slightly as he listened to his second comment as he took a couple bites from his second slice.

"Why not? Do you just not sleep much?" Ash asked in response as he turned to Zack fully before his finished his second slice of flapjack as he waited for Zack's response patiently.

At Ash's questions, Zackariah shook his head. "No," he answered, his level gaze resting on his friend, "I usually don't sleep at all. Angels... angels don't need to sleep unless they're, like, drained of their energy, so..." Lifting his hands, Zack tiredly rubbed the sleep from his eyes, still trying to fully wake up. "Yeah, that was pretty strange. Before last night, I hadn't slept in... in a very long time." Watching as Ash munched on his flapjacks, he eventually asked, "Is the food good?"

Ash kept his eyes on Zack as the other explained why being able to sleep the previous night had caught him so off guard. "So sleeping is really only something you do when absolutely necessary?" Ash asked aloud though it seemed he was speaking more to himself than anyone else as he mulled over the information he had been supplied with.

"Wow, I can't imagine all the mischief I could get up to if I never had to sleep." He said the confusion that had been on his face being replaced with a wide, mischievous grin. His tail twitched behind him in response to his mood.

He looked over at Zack again as he asked him if the food really was as good as it seemed. "It's better. Lucius is an amazing cook." He said his wide grin shrinking slightly into a bright and happy smiled as Ash finished the last few bites of his current piece. He refrained from taking another slice no matter how much he wanted to. He didn't want to leave none for anyone else to eat.

To Ash's question, Zackariah nodded slowly, lowering his hands and resting them across his chest, crossed. "Yeah, pretty much." He then rolled his eyes again at Ash's comment, although wearing a light smirk. "Right, yeah. What a shame that you need to sleep."

With a raised eyebrow, the angel glanced at the flapjacks in the center of the table as Ashton praised Luke's cooking. Hmm... his description made them sound so tasty. However, Zack soon shook his head, confused by his own thoughts. What was he thinking?! Angels didn't need to eat, either! But... why did the flapjacks look so good...

Stumbling up the stairs, Jax finally joined the trio in the kitchen with a yawn. "Mmm... morning, guys." he mumbled, his voice drowsy but slowly perking up, "Oh! Breakfast, Luke? Thank you!" Adjusting his hat, he soon sat at the table with Zack and Ash, hungry and taking a flapjack for himself.

"Hey, Jax." Ash called over shoulder as his fellow demon made his way up the stairs to join him and Zack at the breakfast table.

"Thanks for letting us stay the night, Luke. Didn't really fancy the trek all the way back to school in the middle of the night." Ash said looking up at the reaper ,who was currently cleaning plates, the smile on his face becoming a grateful one.

"So, What is the plan for today?" Ash asked looking at the other two now sat at the table. They could go looking around for the remains of the group they had just stopped but that to Ash seemed like it would be a pointless and never ending task.

Lucius paused for a moment, tossing a glance back at Jax; he made eye contact with the demon, his expression unreadable, before looking back into the sink. A brief silence followed. "Don't mention it." Luke's voice eventually rumbled in response, and he continued cleaning the dishes. By all means, it was a lighthearted response; but, since it came from Luke, with the scars crossing over his face... the message seemed to carry a warning.

Listening to Ash's question, Jax let out a puff of air. 'What's the plan?' That was a good question. "Well, uh... I mean, we could go back to the academy. We've probably missed a hell've a lot of classes." he commented, biting into his breakfast. After a second or two, though, his face flashed in remembrance. "Mmmph!" Jax, wanting to talk again, quickly swallowed the food in his mouth. "No, wait, I know where we should go! Did either of you hear about what happened in Northridge yesterday? Y'know, the, uh... the town that's like a mile from the school?" After receiving blank stares from his friends, the demon said, "Some humans were attacked in a coffee shop there last night, and they're blaming students from Creature."

Ash watched with a raised eyebrow his expression becoming one of confusion as an unspoken conversation or something akin to that seemed to pass between Jax and Luke as the two made eye contact for a moment before Luke returned his gaze to the sink. He shifted uncomfortable in his seat at the brief moment of almost uncomfortable silence that followed.

Luke's response though light-hearted chilled Ashton and he had to repress a shudder. 'That was... ominous.' He thought silently to himself the ear atop his head twitching in response to his apprehension as he shuffled a little in his seat.

"What?! Jax, Tell me you're pulling my leg." Ash blurted his eyes widening and his face adopting a mask of shock as his fellow demon informed them of what had occurred in the town nearby. "What made them immediately jump to blaming us?" He asked the shock fading somewhat though his dumb-founded expression remained.

'Does this had something to so with the group we encountered... Or is this to do with something completely separate' He thought silently to himself drumming his fingers softly against the table-top as he waited to see if Jax would elaborate or if he had anymore information on the incident.

Jax offered an unhelpful shrug, drawing his phone from his back pocket. "I only know what my friend Robyn texted me. I haven't asked him for the details yet." he answered, waking up the device and opening his messages, "He told me that, apparently, there were three attackers, and that the whole thing was caught on the shop's security cameras. That's all he said." The demon skimmed over the words on the screen once more. "Oh! And that classes are gonna be cancelled for the next few days while an 'investigation' takes place." With both hands on his phone, he began tapping away, quickly typing up a reply. "I'll ask him why they think it was Creature students."

While Jax was occupied, Zack, having been in thought, finally spoke up. "Well, whatever the truth is, I still think you're right, Jax." He glimpsed between his friend. "We should go back to the academy and see if we can figure things out... somehow."

Ash kept his gaze on Jax as he explained the information his friend had given him through the message as he scanned over it. 'So, there were three attackers that were all caught on camera? That's insane...' He thought as he gaze dropped from Jax to the wood of the table his ears and tail twitching minutely as he silently thought the information over.

Ash's head lifted his gaze returning to Jax and his ears perking as the other explained that classes had been cancelled while an 'investigation' into what happened took place. "At least they're being thorough about what supposedly happened. Hopefully they'll find out what really happened and why it happened at all." Ash commented feeling his nerves calm a little as the academy was taking the attack and rumours that those who committed it were from the academy seriously.

"You'll hear no argument from me." Ash said in response to Zack's suggestion small smile working it's way onto his face.

"Mm-hm, yeah. We gotta see what's goin' on." Waiting to hear back from his friend, Jax started to eat his flapjack again. However, less than a minute later: zrrt, zrrt. Curiously, eagerly, the demon checked his phone, and, after skimming over the text, he furrowed his brow. "The police are saying that the suspects 'looked like monsters'." The demon uttered a derisive scoff. "Kinda presumptuous of them, but whatever, I guess... oh, wait, it gets worse. The footage hasn't been released to the public, and they're not letting anybody from the academy review it." Jax glanced up at his friends, a look of suspicion on his face. Something was up -- they could all feel it. "We'll have to start from ground zero, if we do this."

Zackariah, having been idly tapping his index finger on the table, finally stopped and focused fully on jax. "Well... it's better than doing nothing." He looked between his friends. "Can't count on the police to figure this one out. Not correctly, anyway."

For a while, Lucius kept silent, listening from the sink as he scrubbed away quietly at dirty dishes. However, as the three visitors continued to talk, a strong, restless feeling grew inside of his stomach -- a feeling that told him to go with Jax and the others, when the time came to leave. Something wasn't right about the attack at Northridge, he just knew it, but the reaper scowled to himself and shook his head. No, he couldn't leave his house. He had to stay...
Luke paused. Wait a minute. Why? Why couldn't he just leave? No one needed him there; the house hadn't acted as a sanctuary in years --not until these three showed up. And, if it was causing him to feel this way---
A growl escaped from the reaper's throat. Setting the last plate away, he allowed the water to drain and turned to face the three visitors. "I'm going with you." he declared bitterly, drying his hands on the dish towel he held.

(Sorry this took so long to get out :P)
Ashton glanced over at Jax as he spoke up his gaze trailing back down to the table as the other teen became silent. His gaze moved to the tip of his finger as he began to slowly trace the grain of the wood of the table with the tip of his finger.

When Jax's phone vibrate Ashton quickly looked up his gaze returning to the other teen as his ears perked up and tailed twitched behind him. His hand slowed to a stop as he waited for an explanation from the other his finger starting to tap slowly and silently at the table top the tapping growing faster as he grew restless.
He winced as the other teen's eyebrow furrowed. 'Oh shit...' He thought silently his finger pausing mid air anxiousness growing in his chest as he waited for Jax to explain. His anxiety only grew as Jax explained the development in the situation.

"This can't end well... But we can't leave a negligent police force to deal with this case. Especially when they've shown that they'll mismanage it massively." Ashton replied in agreement with the others knowing that doing nothing could mean innocent people just like him and his friends being persecuted needlessly.

Ash jumped his gaze snapping to the reaper whose home they were sitting in when Lucius growled, seemingly to himself, before declaring bitterly that he would be accompanying the group.

'Did we annoy him?... Have we overstayed our welcome and this is his way of hurrying us out of the house?' He thought silently raising an eyebrow as he continued to gaze at the reaper with a raised eyebrow confused.

Jax froze, his thumbs hovering above his phone's screen. He flicked his widened eyes towards his old friend, wearing an incredulous look. "Huh? Wha... why—?" The demon cut himself off, though, when Lucius flashed him a glare — or, maybe that was just how the reaper's face normally looked. In either case, after a short pause, Jax cleared his throat and tried again. "Uhm, I mean— great! Awesome!" He glanced at Zack, then Ash. He couldn't read the angel's expression, and Ash seemed more confused than opposed to the idea, so Jax assumed that they wouldn't mind. "Welcome to the team, man." he told Luke, looking back at the reaper with a forming smile.

With breakfast gone and the dishes all cleaned, the demon asked outright, "Well, do we go now?"

Zackariah, who had remained largely silent, nodded and stood. "Yeah, let's go. We've been gone long enough."

The group of four headed downstairs and filed outside. Once the door closed behind Lucius, who was the last to leave, the lights inside dimmed, then turned off completely. Weird.

"Which direction is the school?" Jax questioned, but before Zack could point the right way, Luke interrupted, "We're not walking or flying." With a twist of the ether, just above his palm, a scythe flickered into reality — a pale mirage at first, but soon solidifying into an intimidating weapon. Its curved blade glinted sharply in the morning sun, yet its dark staff seemed to absorb all light around Lucius. If there had been any doubt that Luke was a reaper, then those feelings would have been dashed by the reveal of his scythe. Now, what was he planning to do with that...?

Last edited:
As they all walked outside Ashton placed his hands in his pockets. He looked back at the house as the lights dimmed before shutting off completely without a word or even a gesture from the owner. 'Weird but we've seen worse...' He thought before turning back to the group just as Luke spoke.

"If we're not walking or flying then how on earth are we meant to get back to the academy?" Ash asked as he turned to Luke his mouth falling open slightly before audibly snapping shut as he watched the reaper manipulate the ether above his palm before his scythe blinked into their reality. He had to seemingly blink a few times before the awe-induced fog started to clear from his mind.

'I should probably be worried about a reaper taking out his scythe but that was so cool...' Was all his could think as his gaze shifted between the scythe and Luke a few times.

"While that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen I still have one question. How is your scythe going to help us get back?" Ash raising an eyebrow as he waited for Luke, Zack, Jax or anyone to give an answer to the question.

Lucius moved his multi-colored glare to Ash. However, once he noticed the demon staring at his scythe with slack-jawed awe, Luke had to suppress an amused smirk -- though the faint upturn of his lips still gave it away. "Like this." The reaper lifted his weapon, and Zack, unnerved by the action, took a couple steps back. But, thankfully, Luke didn't suddenly turn evil and use his scythe on the group. Instead, he extended his scythe at arm's length, and he held the blade still, as if resting its point against the air itself, before dragging it downwards. The ether tore beneath the blade, like scissors cutting through paper, leaving behind a curtain-like slit. With the backside of the staff, Luke parted one half of the "curtain," revealing darkness behind it. A black nothingness, dotted by little white specks, floating near and far in the abyss. Stars?

While Zack continued to seem on-edge, Jax looked ecstatic. He rolled back and forth on his heels, using every ounce of his limited self-control to not clap his hands. Luke was acting like a reaper again! Maybe he hadn't completely left that world behind, then? Maybe they could still be friends... Jax, snapping out of his thoughts, glanced over at Ash and Zack. Seeing as Luke wasn't going to explain, the demon decided to fill in what blanks he could. "Luke used to do this all the time!" he began with a bright grin, "Reapers need to travel to where people die at their exact times of death, so they can collect their souls and ferry them off to the afterlife. That's why reapers... well, it's not really teleporting -- more like creating a shortcut through... time and space, I guess? Something along those lines." As Jax spoke, he approached the tear in the very fabric of reality. "You guys might want to hold your breath, by the way. It's a little hard to breathe until you reach the other side." With that said, he stepped through unhesitatingly, the darkness rippling and his figure disappearing into the void.

Luke, having watched as Jax entered the tear, turned his sight to the remaining two. "Well? Are you coming or not?"

"What?!" Ash exclaimed almost as ecstatic as Jax had only a few moments ago. "You can't just casually mention something like that and then walk away, Jax!" Ash stated his voice a little calmer as he swiftly strode after the other demon who disappeared into the blackness that laid beyond the opening that Luke had created.

He paused just before the opening and turned his gaze towards Luke. "I thought that the academy would be where I met the most unbelievable people this world has to offer. You're on a whole other level!" He stated a wide grin on his face his tone awestruck reminiscent of a child who'd met their idol's idol.

Before Luke could reply Ash turned from the reaper back to the tear before him and took a deep breathe before he stepped forward into the void closing his eyes as he passed into the blackness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back