Welp, I'm new

Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, everyone! :D

Call me Storm, if you like -- or anything similar, just as long as it's not insulting. <.<

Where to begin...

Welp, I've been RPing on and off for a few years and decided to join this site on a whim. I'm still a bit of a n00b, but I'm excited to meet everyone and role-play with some of you lovely folks! I do think this'll take some time to get used to, but I can't wait to get started! :D

Welcome to the site! If you do need any help, feel free to contact me. Other than that, the admins will help you out shortly rules-wise. And then you get a confetti bath.

I hope you enjoy yourself!

Thanks so much! A part of me hopes this can be a newfound obsession. :D

Rules first, then confetti bath. Got it.

Any chance there'll be funfetti cake?

Excellent! Funfetti is the best.

I'm still looking around. :D Any tips for where to start or places in particular to explore? I'm mostly interested in 1x1, so I've looked a bit in the interest checks there.

Well, though I haven't RPed much, I'd say that fantasy/sci-fi and a few fandoms hold my interests most (specifically Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire [Game of Thrones], etc).

Well, fandom would be a good place to start. What I have found, however, is meet new people. You can make friends, and then have group or 1x1 RPs. Just get out there is all I can really suggest!

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and advice! I'll try that. :D

Stick around for the confetti bath and the funfetti cake, though!

Ohh, all right! :D Sounds good.

Especially the party part. <.<

Oh, question! For the 'Site Chat' -- how many people use it? Discord, I mean. Is it recommended that I use it in order to get to know the community here?

Well, You can of course use that. There is a post explaining how to use it and rules and such. I do not know of anybody currently who uses it, but I do know that many do. I do just fine meeting people via RPs and status updates. But, the chat surely is an option.

Up to you! You can explore it if you choose.

I have done a few regarding fantasy (zombie, and wolf pack). I'm not really a fandom person myself.

What has your RP history been? Have you been a part of other communities?

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to RP Nation, where Roleplay is our business.

You've found us, congratulations for choosing the best RP site on the whole intertubes, we're glad you're here and a part of the expanding universe that is RP Nation. Also, now you're officially one of the cool kids.

Before you being your quest to becoming one of the old hats here at RPN, please do take a second and take a look at the site rules. You can find them here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum.

Unlike the Pirate code, they aren't more like suggestions but rules that we take a bit seriously. If, however, you've got a few pieces of eight you'd like to swing our way, we're always more than happy to take it. (I said, the rules weren't suggestions, never said we weren't piratey mate).

Once you've had a glance over the rules there's more information to be had here: Site Questions & Information | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum. You can find something there to answer just about any question you might have.

Now then, I know that you have to answers that you're wanting answered now and the first is, you can join any RP that is open. You can find the different RP genres here: Roleplays | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

They're set up by genre so if you're looking for that Belgariad fandom RP (sorry, none yet exists here) then you'll know you aren't going to be looking in the futuristic genre. Each genre has an interest check at the top of the page and you can peruse this to see if anyone is wanting to create an RP.

If you are trolling the RPs and you just gotta make your own futuristic version of the Elenium, then you can pick the genre (future or fandom? I don't know!) and create an interest check. In the interest check you can tell the whole world about your RP and what you want to do with it. If you get enough people to say Aye! then you create your RP.

Do NOT under any, uncertain circumstances create an interest check in the RP forum! Make sure that you create your interest check in the interest check forums! If you create an interest check in the RP forums then you have just created an RP and all the threads that go along with that. Then administration has to go through and delete all those threads. That is a hassle and a pain in the rear so please make sure that you are posting an interest check in the interest check forums ONLY. Your friendly neighborhood staff thanks you for your cooperation.

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with either the moderators of your forum (the genre), the Super moderators, or even the admin staff. You can do that here: Site Questions & Information

Again, welcome to RPN and happy RPing.

ehmygirl

Thanks! :D

Ahh, fantasy is always good. Not many, and certainly not many where I've RPed for a decent amount of time haha. What about you?

Thank you for the information, ehmygirl! I'll be sure to read over the rules a few times.

So I'm one of the cool kids now? Always wanted to be one of those. :D

Ah. I tried that while typing, but then nothing came up so wasn't sure it would work. >.>

@JokerValentine

I think that will, though?

Ah, Instagram. I haven't been there in years. That's interesting, though. I know a few people who role-play on tumblr.

Well, people were one character, and one only. They wanted to make edits more than they wanted to develop their character. Selfish, really.

Here is promised confetti bath and funfetti cake. *throws confetti in air* Now you're officially one of the cool kids. Welcome to RPN! I'm Kestrel, but you can call me Kes if you want.

JokerValentine said:
Well, people were one character, and one only. They wanted to make edits more than they wanted to develop their character. Selfish, really.
Ah, what a shame! It's hard for me to imagine only wanting to be one character, though. Where's the fun in that?

@Kestral *dances in confetti, giggling, then cuts a slice of cake* Aha! I suppose you must be the little birdy, then, eh? Pleased to meet you, Kestrel, and thank you very much for the warm welcome. :D

Stormblessed said:
Ah, what a shame! It's hard for me to imagine only wanting to be one character, though. Where's the fun in that?
@Kestral *dances in confetti, giggling, then cuts a slice of cake* Aha! I suppose you must be the little birdy, then, eh? Pleased to meet you, Kestrel, and thank you very much for the warm welcome. :D
I am said birdy! You tagged the wrong Kestrel, though. I have 2 E's not an E and an A.

Users who are viewing this thread