• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Vaaltari of Jata

He had meant to say something to Amerie. To respond that he agreed, that they should restart- reset- refresh, begin again. Things were clearly getting too heated but fate, she had other plans.

Nemeia spoke, Liam reacted. And Vaal frankly did nothing but watch.

The great half-man half-snake in the legends of his people was just as agile and as fast as he imagined. Not even the ones back home matched Liam's agility and to be honest, it was a respectable sight to see in the Matugna's eyes. It was at this point that Vaaltari would have explained to Amerie by example, that all of this really did start when someone had started when she insulted him for no clear reason. Had she apologized or tried to meet him half-way when he had been talking to her- perhaps this conversation could have gone differently. But Nemeia clearly was a stubborn one, either that or her frustrations blinded her to using gentle language in a tense situation.

Just as soon as it ended it was over, and Liam was back by his side. Vaaltari patted his ally's shoulder and rested his palm there in a sign of understanding, and to not worry. He hoped, even as Ayana joined them and others turned their attention to the display, that no one would go pinning all of this on them. This was a dance among three, and if they got blamed- well, he would have certainly brought the so called 'queen' in to join them. But it seemed it would not come to that, as the conversation shifted rather quickly from their spat, to what they could do to pass the time.

As this happened, Vaaltari sighed. "As Ayana said, do not worry Liam. I quite understand how you feel" he assured his comrade with another pat; all the while, watching Nemeia's demeanor change as she interacted with the females of their party.

Skin glowed, muscles twitched, and Vaaltari decided for once to stay in his natural size. Nearly 8ft large, he looked away from Nemeia's direction and looked towards the tomb which Gwen had mentioned a interest in exploring. He considered it. Hearing Nemeia might go only made it more interesting to follow along. How else did one learn more of another's culture, than watching them interact with their surroundings?

"I may consider joining the journey to the tomb" he said to Liam in particular, but to the air at large. "Would you care to join me, we may need to...keep an eye on the 'queen'" he smiled mischievously. Probably the first time anyone had seen him smile at all. Sharp fangs poking out as he grinned and nudged his sullen comrade gently with his tail. "Eh, eh? What do you say Liam?" Completely forgetting Ayana was still there, but not really caring since it was only a jest...perhaps.

Mentions: Jet Jet (Ayana) Emphoa Emphoa Topless Topless Sarahspn Sarahspn (Gwen)

Interacts: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Liam)

D57Yxi2X4AE-2yt

Aedzel Phriln
bbb4122fe24a5ed8afb1e29e82c7bedb.jpg
When will it stop? For the most part, Aedzel wouldn't mind traveling. She was used to it, it's what she had been doing her whole life but the heat? She can't bear it. Perhaps she had gotten too used to Blueport. She kinda missed it, if she was being honest. The shopping that she did, the pretty clothes she got to buy that were very much useless at where they are now.

"This heat is killing me." She said as she tried to produce a few winds by fanning at herself, it's been bothering her the moment. She truly hated it. She took a look at her wings and frowned, this was not good.

"Pozou!" She ran to him like a child, her eyes forming tears that would fall any minute seemingly unperturbed by the confrontation nearby. "How long are we going to stay here? It's so hot." She cried to him, her wings fluttering slightly away from her to cool herself. "The heat is not good for my skin, and I feel sticky from the sweat."

She grabbed onto his shoulders and shook him violently. "And look! My wings!" She pointed out to a small bald spot on her wing, another feather dropping to the ground. "Ever since we came to this desert I've been molting!" Aedzel cried into her hands. What was the point if she wasn't pretty? How can she charm people like this when she doesn't feel like her ideal self? She sat beside Valentine, unknowing of the other's dilemma, well, unknowing of their presence to be honest.

When she had decided to wipe herself of the tears did she noticed her theatrical friend. "Oh, Valentine... Is something wrong? Is it the heat?" She asked, already grabbing for her waterskin and forgetting about her predicament for the moment.

mention: the confrontation group || interaction: Arcanist Arcanist

989b3c44691f3f89bfce09e2512c2fc8.jpg
Liam lay in the sand next to Vaal prepared for a fight if Nemeia grew violent. However a new recruit who had the mind to lecture him for his actions stepped up to berate him for being rude, lewd, and to mind his own business. Liam was beginning to wonder if any of the new recruits knew how to be polite at this point, as she immediately made a large deal of assumptions without trying to properly understand the situation at all.

Thankfully the crazy naked lady didn't attack, but Liam was still wary of her as he lay next to Vaal. Ayana soon approached and asked Liam if he was alright. She and Vaal proceeded to defend his character to the assuming newcomer. "I'm fine, just miffed she had the gall to threaten my friend! More than once even!" He huffed before turning to the elf. "I was surprised she was naked and dumped blankets on her out of shock. The only reason I care she's naked is because she's going to bake under the desert sun and be sun burnt everywhere, and trust me you don't want anything sensitive getting sun burnt, but that's her decision. I only made a big deal out of things because she threatened to kill Vaal multiple times, and she threatened my life as well. I don't care who it is, no one threatens my friends and gets away with it." Liam explains with crossed arms as he looks at her. "I hope you can see things from my point of view and get along in the future. I'm Liam by the way." He declares as he offers her a hand in greeting.

Whether they decide to take it or not, afterwards Liam turns to Vaal and the others heading towards the ruins. "Sure, I'll join you to see the ruins. I will say I've taken shelter in ruins many times in the past when I was living out here alone. If she threatens anyone I'll be the first to subdue her." Liam states with pensive look. He meant what he said, if she dared to attempt to harm any of his friends again he would honor his words and kill her. He didn't want to by any means, but the lives of his friends were far too valuable to keep an savage dog willing to kill over the most minor of reasons around once they've barred their fangs one too many times. "Before we leave, does anyone need water?" Liam asks as he conjures a ball of water between his hands. This ability wasn't much use in the past considering water was everywhere, but now that they were in the desert, it was a very important resource.

Interaction: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Jet Jet Emphoa Emphoa Fred Colon Fred Colon Topless Topless

The young mage wasn't certain what to make of Nemeia either and from her final comment to herself well..." You... don't... She faltered, and the barbarian woman had already set off on her way before Ameire could really get a word in. She felt herself sweat and she hoped that this wouldn't mean too much trouble for her down the line. I don't look that frail do I? She sighed out at the thought, and it didn't take long for her attention to be caught elsewhere as another Elven woman approached and then spoke directly to herself. She seemed to be familiar with the two men, and that alone made her feel a little bit better but the idea that this may have been a common occurrence...

"Oh." She spoke up, blinking as she focused back into the conversation and she looked to Ayana with a curious gaze." I suppose I will take your word for it but..." She glanced to Liam and she looked rather uncertain. From her first moments with the snake man her opinion wasn't the highest of him, perhaps he would later change her mind but she wasn't going to be losing some sleep over the fact." It is alright, I just did not want there to be any sort of fights, I'd prefer if we could all get along." She admitted, looking back to her fellow Elf before being caught off guard briefly by her question.

"Oh... Well..." She gave a nervous chuckle at the thought, scratching at her cheek as she looked to the side." I wouldn't say I'm from the island, although I wouldn't know." She admitted, looking back to the other woman with a gentle smile." I prefer to travel, I wouldn't say there is any reason but to see where I might find myself." She wouldn't say that her wandering was completely aimless, she did hope to find a place or a goal for herself to work towards. Although for now, she was just content in seeing what the world might offer for her to experience in the mean time.

Although her attention moved back to Liam as he spoke up and her expression became more... stoic. Her eyes trained on his hand and she frowned at his words before finally she spoke up." Actions speak much louder than words, Liam. All I saw was you coming over out of nowhere and dumping blankets on that woman and admittedly if you did the same to me I'd be cursing you as well. You seemed much more concerned that she was naked when you came over, not about threats... Besides, she never did anything aside from words. Like I said, I want to get along, so I will not be going out of my way to cause trouble with you." Her golden eyes settled back on the snake man before he moved back to Vaal and she frowned further at their words shared between each other. Are they going to keep causing trouble with that woman and rile her up once more..? It was more that she wasn't willing to mull over, and she looked back towards the party interested in the ruins and allowed her mind to trail elsewhere. Noting to just be more wary of the first three troublemakers she has seen at the beginning of this journey. She wasn't sure she wanted to stick close to any of them for the time being.

Interactions: Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith

Mentions: Topless Topless The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpgcelestine_oceania.pngfaceclaim.jpg

Kiel Shan && Celestine Oceania && Amalia Winters

Celestine gave a small smile at the man's comment. There had been a dragonfolk similar to him in the group earlier if she remembered correctly, but it seemed she had parted ways not too long ago. Easing in to a group of strangers was certainly easier when there was someone you had something in common with, and she hoped that Xiko had that comfort afforded to him before Yo took her leave.

Upon hearing her new companion on board for Gwen's idea, the Syphid princess stood up and waved to Gwen as well. "Count me in, too!" she said with a smile, eager to spend more time with the woman. Her gaze then drifted to Ayana, who was helping in the aftermath of the little scuffle the group had, and she wondered if she would join as well. It wouldn't be the full spelunking group as in Stone's Throw, but she knew the three ladies would certainly make a capable force.

Interactions: Xiko ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ), Gwen ( Sarahspn Sarahspn )

---

Kiel blinked when the woman he asked for a briefing told him that he should teach his brethren from the sands how to behave. If he had acted in such a way completely unprovoked the light-blue-haired man certainly would, but from what he had seen of the serpentine fellow, Liam was relatively docile. Something must have happened to cause him to act with such hostility, which was exactly what Kiel was trying to find out.

Ayana had seen enough to reassure the other elven woman that Liam wasn't a loose cannon, though she didn't seem to be quite convinced just yet. Kiel would have tried to throw in his own two cents had he seen what had happened, but felt it would be best to stay quiet as to not stir things up once again. Both he and Amalia heard Gwen's call to adventure but decided to stay back. Kiel would converse with the locals they would be camping with that night, he decided, while Amalia would see if there was any preparations that had yet to be made for the night or for the day after.

Interactions: Ameire ( Emphoa Emphoa )
Nearby: Vaaltari ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Liam ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ), Ayana ( Jet Jet )

Nadia waltzed over with a mischievous smirk on her face. "Bravo outlanders, you put on quite a show." She chuckled and stopped beside them, placing her hands on her narrow hips. "It's been months since a party entertained me as much as yours."

Ayana looked over with a deadpan expression. "Trust me when I say it's tiring."

"Maybe for you, but this is better than street theater… so what's this about the ruins? I hear you want to explore them."

Ayana nodded as a tired sigh escaped her lips. "It's been many hours since we slept but yes, they wish to explore and I'm going too." She looked over at Vaal with a slight smile. "I can show you spells if we run into something dangerous." Her eyes flicked back to Nadia. "The tribesmen said there's a city below the sands, is that true?"

A frown crossed Nadia's face. "I've come here many times, never seen it myself but I know a supposed entrance. For a few coins I'll take you there myself." She expectantly looked from Ayana to Liam, Vaal and Ameire; her greed was palpable.

After a few moments, Ayana and Ameire picked through their pouches and paid the greedy guide. Liam and Vaal could also pay if they wanted, but either way the woman was paid.

"Right then! After me." Nadia waved the group along and brought them into the ruins. The ancient structures loomed over the group as they walked below them, and desert creatures scurried through the darkness. The stars gleaned from far above, and moonlight illuminated the area. It was a tranquil walk, leading the group to a large, ruined temple with a collapsed roof.

"This way." Nadia brought them inside. The flood was covered with crumbling stone blocks, but there was a clearing at the center. There lay a round metal disc inlaid in the floor. It was about ten feet across with intricate carvings of a long forgotten battlefield. "There that's your entrance, but good luck opening it. I don't think anything is actually below it, but the desert tribes say it's a gateway to hell."

Ayana walked to the disc and kneeled down. "There's no magic here, no enchantments to break." She ran her hands across the steel surface. "There aren't any keyholes either… maybe we need to lift it?"

Emphoa Emphoa EldridSmith EldridSmith The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:

Godivinia Ackerwood Ymgadallia & Lalah Fawne

"Ara ara! Did somebody said that this lid needs a lift? Well, I could very well help you with that." Said an disembodied voice. After a few moments of confusion, two figures appear themselves before the group; an elf woman sitting on a floating chair carrying books of any kind and other items and a human girl holding a staff. "So you people are here to explore this ruins, yes? Umu, then we are on the same page here." The elf said "My name is Godivinia Ackerwood Ymgadallia, a Grand Magus. And this here is my apprentice, Lalah Fawne. Go on ahead, say hello to these beautiful and handsome looking folks."

Lalah walks forward to the group and say "Good evening, my name is Lalah Fawne, mage in training. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." She bows down and stretches out her severely shaking hand to offer a handshake to any of them. "She's a bit shy around people." Godivinia said upon notice. After one of them, or all of them rather, shook Lalah's hand, Godivinia gets close to the disk and looks down. "Gateway to Hell you say? Umu, what a load of doth. What made them think that this is some rabbit hole to go down to the underworld? The only Hell I know is a place where sinners are punished until they repent. And you'd have to be dead to get there. But since we're all here, I guess we can all take a look then, shall we?" She said "But, before I do anything, may I know who you people are? Just so that I can get an idea from all of you. BE BRIEF, ONE TO TWO SENTENCES ONLY, AND ONLY ABOUT 20 WORDS ON EACH SENTENCE. I WILL GIVE YOU FIVE SECONDS SO WE WON'T WASTE PRECIOUS TIME."

"Um...Master? Isn't that way too much specifications?" Lalah asked, worried about what the group would do to say about themselves while adhering to the conditions. "Are you asking for us to get ambushed? The night can be very dangerous you know?" Godivinia asked and Lalah went silent. "I'm sorry, but please understand what your master is doing." She said before looking back at the group and wait for their answer.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Emphoa Emphoa The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

The days spent on the ship flew by for the sisters. They were used to months on a ship so a few weeks was easy like a deckhand's work. They spent their time helping around the ship and tending to the horses. As they landed in Bedouin Pass, they were eager to step onto solid ground and explore the dessert. They only visited Almas on delivery voyages so they were looking forward to seeing what secrets the hot continent held.

Hours of traveling though darkness passed before they approached the ruins. Rose was skeptical about the guide, Nadia, but was relieved to arrive unscathed. Jane couldn’t help but stare at the newcomers as they joined the group.

Sitting on a rock beside Rose, Jane leaned over, “Do you think they’re going to stay?” She whispered.

Possibly but who knows if everyone has the strength and willpower to continue. We lost members after a vacation. There’s no telling how many people will chicken out after a week in this damned desert.” Rose groaned, resting her chin in her hands.

Jane shrugged, looking around the group. “Should we properly introduce ourselves then? We’re gonna be here all day so might as well make some acquaintances.

You know how I feel about ‘acquaintances’.

Yeah, yeah. Trust no one and all that crap. If we’re gonna find this well, we need people to have our backs. As well as us having theirs. We can’t do everything alone.

Rose huffed, crossing her arms. Rolling her eyes, she looked to Jane who gave her a smal smile. “Fine.” the redhead said as she stood up.

You’re actually going to talk to someone other than Amalia?” Jane teased, watching her sister.

Rose glared at Jane, her cheeks slightly turning red. “Shut up.” she muttered, taking a glance at Amalia.

Jane laughed before standing up and walking away, leaving Rose a blushing mess. As the brunette walked around, she caught the end of a conflict between Vaal, Liam, and the amazonian woman. What was her name again? Namia? Nama? Nameia! She stopped walking for a moment to listen in and frowned. She worried about Liam. Even though she didn’t have feelings for him, she still cared for and appreciated him and everything he’s done for her. She wished she could repay the favor one day. Watching as the group followed Nadia into the ruins, she frowned. Catching the sight of Pozou, she ran up to him.

Hi Pozou! How are you?” She smiled before looking to Valentine and Aezdel.

Hello to you two as well. How has the desert treated you so far?” she asked, giving the two a small wave.

Rose crossed her arms, scanning the group around her. Overhearing Gwen talking about exploring the ruins, she shook her head. Rose was perfectly okay above ground where she could see everything around her. Looking out into the desert, she smirked. She wanted to explore and she what monsters and animals called the sand home. Looking back at the group, she locked her eyes on Amalia and thought about what Jane had said. Letting out a sigh, she walked past the woman and up to Kiel.

Hello. The desert was your home correct? What sort of monsters lurk around here? I’d be happy to do these people, and myself, a favor.” Rose attempted to smile but once again, only the corners of her mouth were slightly upturned.

Arcanist Arcanist Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

e86dddb17394d54393518661f145c6c5.jpg

A man watched the group from afar. He was Centosian but traveled alone in the desert, and he grinned wide as the group bickered among themselves. "Well these people are insane," he muttered below his breath, and when the bickering ended he overheard their plans. "Perfect," he forced a smile and approached the adventurers with a cheerful wave. "Hello there!" He gave them a quick bow. "Name's Jezmir Flax, good to make your acquaintance! Way I see it, you need a guide and I need security, so how bout a partnership?"

Assuming they agreed he happily declared, "Righto! Follow my lead and don't get too distracted. There are some dangerous critters runnin about." Jezmir nodded at the ruins. "Dangerous even to you desperados." He chuckled as the group passed a ruined arena; it was impressive even as a husk. "Crazy to think how old this place is. Hell you can't get any older without seeing God in kid clothes." Jezmir laughed and carried on about dangerous beasts and ancient ruins, but he stopped when a tall metal spire came into view. It was no wider than a man but reached seventy feet into the air, and metal spines shot from the sides. It was a spitting image of the "Ice Tree" from the Ivory Forest, but this one was far less preserved. Its surface was rusted over, leaving scars and pits where steel had sloughed away.

Jezmir looked at the tower with amazed bewilderment in his eyes. "Don't ask me what it is cause I don't know shit… I do know there's a hatch next to it that leads to god knows where; I dug it up last week." He walked to the tower and kicked dirt from a hatch on the ground. It was rusty but opened with a creaking metal groan. "Problem is there might be some mean, long toothed shit down there. And though I'm a world renowned combatant, I'm only one man. That's where you guys come in." He winked before looking down into the dark opening; his eyes were ablaze with excitement for the unknown.

Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Topless Topless Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

Seeing the situation diffused and the group dispersing, Kiel had started making his way back to the locals. On his way over though, he was approached by the older pirate sister. He blinked, slightly surprised by her question, proposition, and her uncanny smile.

"Oh, well, yes..." he confirmed, "and I'm familiar with the monsters here, but we usually try to just stay out of their way." At least his tribe did. Their belief was that these beasts were simply trying to survive, just like them. "If the locals are keen on them being hunted though, then I could certainly give you some information.

"The most important thing would be to watch your surroundings carefully. Desert cats have fur that allows them to blend into their surroundings. They're large felines which can be quite aggressive when provoked. Needless to say, they're fast as well. They also prefer to ambush their pray, so you'll need to be ever vigilant around any areas where they frequent.

Next are sandworms. They keep themselves buried under the sand but are large enough to swallow a person whole if happen to step above their hiding place. You'll need to be quick on your feet, and if you feel any rumbling or unnatural shifting below you, it means one is about to emerge and try to gobble you up. Leap out of the way!

Scorpions also stay burrowed under the sand. One sting from their tail will kill a warrior within the hour. Similar to sand worms, they strike those who stand on top of where they are hiding. They're even more dangerous though, as their tail emerges and strikes before the rest of them. Once again, keep an eye out for shifting sand around you."

The light-blue-haired man had a pensive look for a second before giving a nod. "There are a few others, but those would be most common ones, and the ones which cause people the most trouble."

Interactions:
Rose ( Sarahspn Sarahspn )

rp1.jpg

Gwendolyn looked over to see Daisy approaching her and gave a nod of thanks as she extended her umbrella to shade the both of them. Her smile grew bigger as the masked woman said she was joining her in the ruins. “Perfect!!” She exclaimed.

At that moment, another person grabbed Gwen’s attention. Xiko was waving towards her, agreeing to join as well. Gwen hadn’t talked to Xiko much but was excited to get to know them a little more. And to see what she could learn.

At Celestines agreement to go, Gwen almost jumped in happiness. “Oh, yes! This is going to be so much fun!” She squealed, failing to contain her growing excitement.

Her smile quickly vanished when a stranger approached their small group. Narrowing her eyes towards the man, she threw up a wall of caution. How convenient that this… kind man was offering guidance in the deep, dark ruins. His name was Jezmir and she gave a hesitant nod to his offer. Taking a glance at Celestine, she raised a brow before following the self acclaimed guide.

As they walked through the above ground structures, Gwen kept her head on a swivel. She was constantly checking out her surroundings and studying the architecture of the almost forgotten buildings.

As they approached what looked to be a metal tree, alarms rang inside Gwen’s head at Jezmirs lack of knowledge and shady tactics. She wasn’t much to judge his ways since she was in fact dating a rogue but she wasn’t quite sure what to make of Jezmir yet.

She watched him drop down into the hole beside the large metal spire and let out a groan.

Oh, Celestine we’re going underground. Again.” Gwen groaned, taking the staff off her back.

Hitting the end of the staff on the ground, the gem that sat atop glowed a soft blue. Using her other hand, she unsheathed a dagger. She glanced at the syphid and smiled before jumping down into the hole after their guide.

As her feet hit the ground, she crouched to soften her landing. The gem of her staff slightly illuminated the area around her in a soft blue light. Gwen looked around to see metal walls surrounding her. Looking to her left and then her right, she assumed that they were in a series of tunnels.

She lightly tapped her staff on the ground, casting a lumen spell. The ball of light moved around her, illuminating the walls much better than her staffs natural light. She moved the light down each hall next to her, revealing the entrances to rooms.

Where do you suggest we go first, Jezmir?” Gwen asked, giving the man a blank stare.

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Topless Topless Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Nemeia Herakula

Oh no, another man has showed up. Nemeia already dislikes him, but decides to go through it. Some time has passed and they stop at a metal spire that has a hatch on it. Upon the mention of possible monsters, Nemeia could not wait to sink her claws in. With the hatch opened, she and the others went in. The mage that is Gwen casts a spell to light up the room. Nemeia starts sniffing.

"This smell bothers me." She said before turning to Jezmir and ask "Where do you supposed these creatures be lurking? I could feel that they may already be watching us."

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Sarahspn Sarahspn

Vaaltari of Jata

A polite 'Thank you' was given to Liam's proposal of water. A couple mouthfuls, and Vaaltari felt as if he could go on for days again without it. Probably an exaggeration, but then again he was pretty sure he wouldn't need another drink for quite a while now that he had staved off the threat of possible dehydration. That argument with Nemeia, the 'Queen', had taken what reserves he had been saving throughout the trip. Particularly his patience. However seeing that she would be off with Gwen's group, Vaaltari decided to let things be and not follow the noble pleb into another round of verbal (and possibly physical) quarrel.

His attention shifted as their guide approached, amused smile clear as the accursed sun's scathing heat. The Matugna suppressed an eyeroll, and merely watched her approach in his usual silence. As Nadia complimented them on what Vaaltari quite frankly considered to be, as Leone might have called it, 'a shit show', he found his attention returning as Ayana got his attention in regards to their earlier discussion about his training. That, would have brought a smile to Vaaltari's face. But given his most recent attempt at making friendly, along with the vivid memories that brought back to earlier times- he simply nodded at her respectfully. Keeping his expression neutral, and muttering to her a 'I am grateful' as he did.

Paying Nadia would have been inevitable whether she gave the hint for money or not, she was their guide, and knowing his own history of working in the Surrinala Woods- it was unwise to slight your guides. Poor fools died out because of entitled arrogance and mistreating those that worked in the guild of Rangers, so to him- paying her was a must. Before joining this pseudo crusade, he would have been in her very shoes back on Centos. Acquiring payment for his hired, wonderous, foreign hand. Alas, he gave her the same amount as the others- nothing more or less. Then proceeded to follow their guide to the route where this sand city lay buried.

❦ ❦ ❦​

Slit pupils dilated as Vaaltari picked up on the distant, familiar sound of scurrying vermin. Unable to mask it, his lip curled up in disdainful scowl. It was more done to show a sign of strength, than out of any real sense of anger, annoyance or anything along the lines. The creatures back home which roamed the travelling routes were intelligent to varying degrees; they smelled weakness in a literal sense and targeted those that wreaked of it-- or those they felt they could feasibly bring down. He doubted that had changed, even on another continent.

He was really looking forward to learning new things with Ayana.

As Nadia brought them into the ruins and pointed out their only real entrance, Vaaltari eyed it while the others discussed. It was the sound of two new voices that he immediately turned and then quite nearly launched his throwing knives at newcomers that had seemed it was smart to just swing into a group of strangers. Once their introductions were complete, and they had decided to examine the metal lid themselves, Vaaltari made to speak. But before he could- Godivinia began yelling instructions- or maybe it was orders? Hard to tell. Either way, he didn't like it. The small banter between pupil and master didn't sit well with him either. Talking right in front of them as if they weren't even there. And what was this Grand Mage title she had introduced herself with? Why did that sound familiar? Too much to question, not enough time to really do so.

"If you are done," he politely interjected as Godivinia replied to Lalah. "I am Vaaltari, this is Ayana," he nodded to the elf, "Liam, Amerie, and our guide Nadia." Pointing each one out with a hand as he listed off the names. "Now then", he turned his attention to the object obstructing their path. "I believe we will need to work together here to lift this. Though my kind could probably lift any of you without breaking a sweat, this thing is clearly metal and thus too heavy for anyone or two of us to move- with or without magical assistance." Taking a step towards the lid and positioning himself at a crouched angle, Vaaltari's glowed briefly and when that glow faded he was just a bit bigger. Grabbing on he waited for the others to gather in support. Once ready, he put his strength into moving the thing that blocked them from their progress forward.

Mention: Topless Topless Jet Jet Emphoa Emphoa EldridSmith EldridSmith

Interacts: Everyone

e86dddb17394d54393518661f145c6c5.jpg

Jezmir forced a smile when the blonde questioned him. "Well umm…" He scratched his head while collecting his thoughts. "I haven't mapped this place so my guess is as good as yours." He slowly looked left and then right; both paths were identical. Their rusted walls gave nothing in the way of directions. "I would've explored but these tunnels are too dangerous for one man, even when his name is Jezmir Flax!" He placed his hands on his hips, heroically posing as Nemia mentioned the monsters.

"You're probably right, but you guys look almost as strong as me, so I'm sure we'll be fine… It does stink down here though." His nose wrinkled at the smell of rancid water and rust. "By the gods! I better not smell like this when we get back to camp." He chucked below his breath, but he was dead serious about the smell. He wanted to mingle with women after all, and smelling like moistened dog would hurt his chances.

Just then Leóne's voice came from above. "Got room for one more?" He dropped into the hallway with a thud. "If not, that's too bad." He stepped beside Gwen and whispered "I don’t trust him" in her ear.

Jezmir nodded at the new arrival. "The more the merrier. We were just discussing what to do next. Got any ideas grampa?"

Leóne's mouth pursed. He was a grown man not a geriatric one. "Gramps? Since when were children allowed to explore ruins?"

Jezmir laughed at the retort. "Well played Sir. The name's—

Leóne cut him off with a sharp, "Jezmir Flax… I heard your voice from a quarter mile away. I also heard you want to split up. It'd be more dangerous but I'm not opposed to the idea." He looked around the group, addressing everyone when he asked, "Any thoughts?"

Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Topless Topless

Last edited:

The group that's following ours

A man in red robes peeked over a sand dune. He held a small telescope with an enchanted glass lense, allowing him to surveil camp despite the morning darkness. "They've split into three groups," he said to another robed man.

The second man was much larger than the first, strands of red hair hung from his hood. "The gods bless us with an assured victory."

The smaller one looked away from his telescope; his face was shrouded in darkness. "What will the hunters do when they find out?"

"Dayne won't be happy, but what can he do? Complain to the council?" The large man chuckled below his breath.

The scout looked through his scope once again. "Fair... so are we killing them all?" he casually asked.

The large one grunted. "Unfortunately not. There's no telling who's seen the map. Any one of them could be the key to our mission."

"Understood." The smaller man paused and looked at his commander; his eyes were filled with bloodlust. "When do we attack?" His voice was cold, but his hands clenched around his scope.

"Soon. I'll ready the men." The commander slid down the dune and walked to a group of similarly robed soldiers. Their camels carried steel weapons and canvas bags of red plate.

Arcanist Arcanist Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
989b3c44691f3f89bfce09e2512c2fc8.jpg
The elf girl took the side of the barbaric women once more, she must not be able to sense the killing intent that had radiated from the madwomen. So far of two newcomers he didn't like either as one was a raving madwomen and the other seemed heavily biased. Only Vaal took him up on his offer for water before they guide spoke up about their 'show' before asking for payment, Liam didn't chip in as he already knew how to survive and would be sharing that info with the others... the guide however knew but wouldn't share, so he wouldn't help pad her pockets. Ayana did the talking for the group, and Liam had no complaints about that. The guide led them from camp to a ruin, then through the ruin to a a giant... door thing, which depicted an epic battle. Liam's first thought was that it was magic and since war always shed blood that would be the key, but Amaya then spoke up that the door wasn't magic.

A pair of strangers approached the group, one on a weird floating thing and the other walking. One seemed keen on showing their... assets to the world much like the crazy lady from earlier. Liam didn't mind but began to wonder why everyone wanted to show as little skin as possible in a desert where the blazing sun punished every exposed inch of skin of those who weren't accustomed to it. The smaller one introduced themself politely and seemed nice. Liam went up to shake her hand as it was offered. "I'm Liam! Nice to meet you Lalah!" he declared with a smile. The one on the strange floating thing however seemed extremely interested in the ruins, more so than them, however when she did turn to them she was very curt and rude with the group. Vaal thankfully did the talking for them this time, however the student spoke up and was nicer to the group than the master.

Vaal thankfully did the talking for the group this time, as Liam didn't have any kind words for the strange lady based off of her actions so far. And Liam was beginning to wonder how many more strangers would be rude and unkind on their first meetings, so far the only nice elf he had really met so far was Amaya, but knowing the desert it was going to be a lot more unpleasant people... at least the apprentice was nice. Liam moved into position to help Vaal and the others move the grate so they could get inside.

Topless Topless The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Jet Jet Emphoa Emphoa

Ameire wasn't a stranger to happily paying for services when necessary, which is why she had moved so quickly to offer up some gold in exchange for looking through the ruins. Her eyes trailed to Ayana when she did the same, and she offered up a small smile in return. It wasn't often that she was able to see other elves, and she was sort of curious what sort of person the other woman was before her attention finally focused on Nadia. Stepping into the ruins, the young Elven woman's eyes trailed over the infrastructure. The roof was collapsed, and the sight of it made her relatively uneasy. Although she assumed that it would be safe enough if they had a guide willing to take them there into the ruined remains of the temple itself. Her eyes rested soon enough to the metal disc with markings that laid within the center of the ruined temple and her head cocked to the side." A gateway to hell? That is rather intriguing." she admitted softly, taking care to approach the disc as well alongside Ayana.

The puzzlement over the disc was truly curious, and she bent down as well to brush her fingers lightly against the surface." Perhaps, it would seem likely that would be the most common sense approach but... I'm sure it would have been opened before if that was the case." She admitted soon enough, before tensing with a slight jump as she was startled by the arrival of more company, her golden eyes sharply falling on the two strangers that had approached their group and she felt a deep frown mar her features. Who are these people..? There was a simple thought that crossed her mind as she looked to the mage Elven woman and she frowned deeper." ... Annoying..." She breathed out, rubbing her temples soon after as she slowly pushed herself back up to stand and brushed herself off. She did not accept the handshake, as she was not familiar with these individuals and she wasn't certain how familiar she wanted to be with them." Sorry, I don't think I would like to waste my time with introductions to a stranger." She finally stated, the amnesiac settling her gaze back on the Elven woman before dipping her head to her apprentice." It is a pleasure, Lalah. I wish I could say the same about your so called master." She wasn't going to mince her words, she didn't like the prestigious air that the Elven woman carried around herself. Although her eyes finally settled back on Vaal when in the end, he seemed to introduce himself for her. She shrugged a little bit, deciding she hadn't minded but she wasn't keen on working with the two new individuals, especially when the Elf seemed to think she had the right to have any sort of command over them.

"We could try and pull up the disc if we so wished, then." She finally stated, looking back to Ayana who she stood nearest by. She glanced over briefly when Liam came over to help. She didn't speak to him but she wouldn't deny his help in moving the said disc as she crouched back down to try and get a good grip on it. Perhaps it would have been the start of him redeeming himself in some way to her... but honestly she wouldn't be holding out too much hope for it. She let out a breath, feeling a bit better with more than just a couple people working together and she soon enough started to lift the disc with whoever would have joined in with them to pull it up.

Interactions: EldridSmith EldridSmith The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Topless Topless Jet Jet

pirate.jpg

Rose nodded her head as she listened to Kiel list off the creatures he knew of and what information he could share. Her mind was a series of gears spinning, taking note of every detail he was saying and storing them in her memory. Her head raced with tactics and ways to kill(and play) with the deserts predators. A skeleton of a plan formed in her mind, and a genuine smile appeared on her face.

Interesting. Well, I’d better get to hunting. Would you care to join me?” Rose asked, giving the dancer a mischievous grin accompanied by a wink.

What about you Amalia? Let’s fight together.” She asked, turning her head to the woman. Her eyes were full of plead, almost silently begging them to go with her.

Rose really hoped they would agree. She was aware that she was crazy but not enough to wander into the desert alone. She also didn’t feel like dragging Jane into another fight so she was more than happy to have some company.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

3B8B7500-6B73-4C0F-B2BB-F5F7A5A4B8C6.jpeg

Xiko Yikino
interaction: Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon Topless Topless
It was perfect that one of the others around had offered to serve as the groups guide xiko grinning rather cheerfully. “Indeed lead on that sounds rather perfect“ Xiko replied happily following along listening intently into what they had to say about the desert and the creatures it made the place sound rather dangerous but also exciting stuff an old temple and ruins. “As for the creatures miss Nemeia, if anything the creatures are likely hiding amongst the cool cracks of the ruins…” he‘d comment the smell of the place not exactly getting the the dragonfolk used to the horrible smells of acidic substances. It was then there guide was starting to show his cracks… perhaps he was intending on using the group for his own gains. “Hmm well we only have two men here, so I suppose neither of us shall be doing much of the heavy lifting“ Xiko commented seeing how the jab at the mans ego would go purely put of curiosity, though another guy showed up chatting about splitting up or the like and xiko shrugged “well what do you ladies think?”

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpgfaceclaim.jpg

Kiel Shan && Amalia Winters

The light-blue-haired man was glad to be able to provide information for Rose, but was unhappy to know that she planned on applying it. "Er... I don't think that's a good idea..." he said with hesitation in his voice when she extended the invitation. "The monsters of the sand are dangerous. Desert tribesmen usually only hunt them as a last resort." That was true for even tribes which were less peaceful than his own.

Amalia had half a mind to agree with Kiel, but upon seeing the determination on the woman's face, she reluctantly gave in. "Sure, I'll come with you." If there was no stopping the woman, the next best thing would be to provide her with some assistance.

"... I don't think I should," Kiel said. "I believe there's safety in numbers, but... with my leg the way it is, I feel I may end up just being dead weight." He gave an apologetic smile. "But please... if you ever feel yourself in danger, don't hesitate to hurry back."

Sarahspn Sarahspn

Galal Nazir - The Magician
B9F6E2DD-D567-45B9-8BAD-1A55C29A1E87.jpeg

”Fascinating. Simply fascinating...”

The man had found a seat in camp, and was apparently quite busy fiddling with some sort of bauble, turning it over—this way and that—in his hands. He had joined up with this little caravan back at Bedouin Pass, and had more or less kept to himself ever since. He somewhat doubted any of them even knew his name, let alone his reason for traveling with them. When they'd given him the choice to explore the ruins or hunt desert game, he politely refused both, making some flimsy excuses about the heat, or an old injury flaring up.

While he could not deny that his curiosity had called him to those ruins, Galal knew this much: there was nothing down there for him to enjoy if he did not correct his most pressing issue first. And so he'd remained behind, with a handful of others, and fiddled with the peculiar item in his possession. It was a small, ornately carved music box, hewn from some kind of dark, lustrous metal. And within, Galal hoped, lay the key to righting a great wrong... All that was left to do, was open it.

”Fascinating...” He said again, which, in truth, meant, I have no idea how to open you, you little tricky devil.

20201201_124833-2.jpg

Nadia was about to help Vaal when the magus and her apprentice arrived. The former deeply annoyed the ornery guide, who narrowed her eyes as a frown crossed her face. "There are shreds of truth in every legend. Perhaps those who come here are sent to hell by monsters or old traps."

Ayana looked up from the disc; her confident gaze concealed her concern. "We've dealt with worse," she said as Lalah walked over.

Nadia looked down at the huntress. "Maybe so, but the desert challenges even the best warriors." Her gaze shifted to the apprentice. "Yes yes such a pleasure." She weakly shook Lalah's hand. "Now help with the disc and maybe you can come along." She swiftly turned from the young woman, leaving her with Ayana.

The huntress stood as Nadia walked away; her face was a pleasant mask that hid her suspicions, and she gave the woman a warm hand-shake. "Well met Lalah of the Fawnes. I promise we're nicer than we look." Her gaze shifted to Godivinia. "We're more dangerous too, even against master mages." Her tone was polite but the message was clear, don't mess with us.

It wasn't that Ayana hated the mages, but her naive days were done. There were too many people she wanted to protect to trust strangers . Even so, her own harshness troubled her, so she cleared her throat and met the mage's eye. "Please forgive my sharpness, but your world's plagued with danger and betrayal. It's taught me that trust is a dangerous thing to give." Her gaze softened. "Many thanks for your offer, I'm sure we could use your assistance Magus Ymgadallia."

She curtly nodded and returned to the disc, kneeling down beside Ameire. The other elf was already gripping the metal with both hands, along with Liam, Vaal and Nadia. Ayana wasn't strong but she was determined to succeed, so she wedged her fingers below the disc. "I'm not known for my strength." She looked at Ameire with a faint smile. "But I'll help you pull it up."

Emphoa Emphoa EldridSmith EldridSmith The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Topless Topless

Last edited:
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Rose’s smile fell when Kiel declined her invitation to seek out trouble. Letting out a sigh, she looked to Amalia. Upon Amalia’s agreement, her smile returned but this time, it looked almost sinister. You could almost see the internal fire lighting up her eyes.

I understand Kiel. Amalia, I appreciate you. I’ll fetch Jane and see who else we can bring.” She said, gave the two a nod before swiftly turning around.

Scanning the camp, she quickly spotted Jane sitting against a rock, mindlessly drawing designs in the sand. As Rose walked forward, Jane lifted her head and smiled. The smile was brief once Jane recognized the fire in her sisters eyes.

W-What’s up?” Jane asked, preparing herself for one of Rose’s schemes.

Amalia and I are going hunting in the desert. I, of course, need my sister by my side. Based on Kiel’s stories, we’re going to need more bodies. Do what you do best.” Rose quickly explained, ending her sentence with a wink.

Jane nodded slowly as she listened. Meeting her sisters eyes, she couldn’t help but smile.

Sounds kinda fun. I would like to kill something so yeah, I’ll get some people to join.” Jane said, looking around the camp.

Jane spotted a place where most of the stragglers had gathered and walked towards them.

Hello. Rose, Amalia, and I are going on a hunting trip outside the camp. We would be fine but we need some strong and brave men to accompany us.” Jane began, getting that puppy dog look in her eyes. “Would any of you pretty boys like to join me.” She asked, winking.

Rose watched Jane and stifled a laugh. Turning back, she walked towards Amalia.

Jane is recruiting some people. So sadly, it won’t just be me and you.” Rose sighed, giving the woman a smirk.

Rose enjoyed Amalia’s company. Maybe enjoyed it too much. She didn’t even attempt to hide her fondness for the woman.

Assuming that Jane was able to recruit anyone, she would lead them back to Rose and Amalia.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
@ anyone who wants to join

Godivinia Ackerwood Ymgadallia & Lalah Fawne

With the introductions over thanks to Vaal and others, he asks the group to help him lift the disk. "I don't know if I have the strength for it. But I can get my master to open it with her magic. Right master?" As soon as Lalah turns to Godivinia, the Grand Magus is already asleep. "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Lalah screamed "MASTER'S ALREADY ASLEEP AFTER ASKING FOR THEIR NAMES?!" She had a slight panic attack for this, but eventually regains her composure. "Guess I got no choice then..." Lalah sadly spoke before walking up to the group to help them lift the disk as strong as she could. So much for help.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Emphoa Emphoa The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

"I think we should go right." Daisy said, "We don't know which way leads where, and unless someone has a way to scout ahead, we won't be able to tell until we actually pick a direction. So... I just picked a direction."

Their 'guide' seemed a lot less sure than he had a short time ago. She didn't really know what he was doing here, why he'd offered to lead them if he didn't know anything about the ruins. He'd be another body to protect, if he proved to be incompetent, which Daisy worried that he was.

Daisy shrugged at the group, and took a few steps to the right, towards the direction she had suggested and unslung her shovel, Somber, off of her back. Then, she closed her eyes and tried to see if anything was moving on or in the earth in any direction. Perhaps that could guide them better. What they were looking for, she wasn't entirely sure, but avoiding monsters sounded optimal whatever the circumstances.

"And if there is any heavy lifting to be done, I feel like we can manage." She said to Xiko. "I don't mind if anyone has other ideas, but I think we should just pick a direction and go."

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Jet Jet Topless Topless Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Sarahspn Sarahspn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back