• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
1592972290302.png Liam was first startled then terrified as she started dragging him to meet Lorrin. Her excitement wasn't helping much either, after all no one had ever been excited to see him before. However his concerns lessened as she told him he wasn't a freak, something he hadn't heard in a long time...the only person who said that to him before was a wandering kind old man who took pity on him and gave him food and water.
"F-Famous for w-what?" He timidly asked as she continued to pull him towards her friend. She said the person helped her cross the sea causing him to wonder where they were from, he had only interacted with the sea when he was coming north from the desert.
The skittish snake recoiled at her sudden shout and movement, but things only got worse. He felt like coiling up again as she conscripted him into this strangers friendship. It was all to sudden for him, the tip of his tail began vibrating instinctively causing a low hum, normally there would br something beneath and next to his tail to increase the sound but there weren't any. He looked over at the seemingly nice girl who dragged him over to try and calm down but she had puffed her chest out causing him to blush a deep crimson and look away quickly. His mind was in shambles at this point when the man she called Lorrin extended his hand to Liam and introduced himself... very pridefully. Liam shrank back in fear of the hand, what if he got dragged off into a larger crowd?! He nervously stuttered jibberish as he sat there. His will finally snapped and he began chanting quietly before it rained blankets around him. He sighed in relief in his fuzzy fortress, taking a few seconds to calm down before peeking his head out of the pile. He was fully prepared to be laughed at but if they didn't they might make good friends after all. "I-I'm Liam. S-Summoner of b-blankets and water."
Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik

Last edited:
450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (1).jpg

Bjorn was making merriment with grand romantic gestures and the others spoke about the Wishing Well, but nothing registered. Not when Leóne was captured by Gwen's damned impressive arcane move. Not when blood rushed through numb ears and when heartbeats skipped. Not when she was close enough to kiss, and close enough to see subtle beauty once hidden from distance. Leóne found himself lost inside complex eyes of pure emerald, and a nearby hearth danced across deep greens as moonlight would over gentle eastern seas... Truer words were never spoken than 'she's captivating indeed' but everything about her was unknown. Who was she? Was there something else going on? Could she be dangerous? Questions flared from several poor past experiences, but something deep spurred Leóne to narrow the small remaining gap, and crushing debate he was committed. So with grace he raised her chin with the side of his index finger, and for a moment the seconds stopped as the two locked eyes.

Then Leóne clasped her cheek with a gentle touch, matching her lips with his.

Experience guided the rogue who danced well with Gwen, and kissing her was everything he expected plus more. Heartbeats slammed as war drums would, emotions ran after many drinks and a natural attraction between the pair. Thoughts blended into blank noise, and the moment absorbed the man who stopped existing outside their bubble.

Sarahspn Sarahspn EldridSmith EldridSmith Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Taigakitt Taigakitt

(Sorry that he kinda left out interacting with others, but the scene is too focused, next time I'll make sure to interact with everyone!)

Last edited:

• 39A75A23-65D9-4AFB-B793-D5D71171D294.png

Tags:
    ~ Inn ~
    Yeul's Theme || Helena's CS File

Helena looked on as Roland slept. It was early evening but she knew they’d be in for another long night from the whispers around the tavern. She wanted him to be prepared for any fight they might come across. They may have made enough on their last contract to get some down time but it was never enough, before they knew it the time to gain another contract was coming close. She took a moment to sharpen her boy’s daggers. She was always reminding him to care for his weapons properly but then again if he could remember that himself she wouldn’t be here today.

There. All nice and sharp. She couldn’t protect him from fighting, much as she wished she could, instead she could only give him the best possible chance for survival. Luckily they still had more than enough to rent out the inn room for a few days. She knew better though taking it day by day was the far safer option. She tied her hair up in a nobel’s looking updo. Faking it was the best defense, but she couldn’t afford to be impractical if she were to go out looking for contracts.

She pulled her typical half cloak over her shoulders. Her finery and such would have to stay in their room, it had no place in a tavern brawl, besides she hadn’t found a high enough seller for the junk. Instead she wore a thin dress under with just enough folds to hide her knives and scalpels. Her cloak clearly marked her as part of the church as well which would give her the occasional odd look with some expecting her to be a mage and instead finding she could stabilize them far better without the magical bullshit. The rustling of fabric sounded letting her know her boy had woken up.

“Good evening sleepypants. Had a good nap, little one?”

Immediately his nose scrunched up as he huffed up in annoyance. With the same annoyed demeanor he shoved the blankets off of himself as he pushed up.

“I’m not little! And you’re the one that wanted a nap, did you even sleep? Or did you play dress up the entire time?”

She let out a laugh as she gave Roland a hearty hug which he attempted to push her out of with multiple gripes. Before long he forced himself up with a pout. Cute. Angry kitten. She reached her hands out and started to comb through some of the tangles in his bedhead. Beyond a few grumbles he let her begin to braid it up.

“You know Mr. Pouty Pants I would have but a certain someone hasn’t been taking care of their weapons again. Now what was that saying again-”

“A clean sharped weapon cuts through even bone”

“-Yeah I know”

Harmony, gained through years and years of learning where to push and when to ease up. She released his hair as the braid was completed completely reaching past his back. Cute, adorable! But today was no day for the dresses, Roland always had a bit harder of a time with properly pulling out his weapons on time anyhow. She started to leaf through the drawer.

“Hey what are you. Wait let me-”

“Nope. Let me guess you’re gonna wear those beaten up rags you call pants.”

Roland immediately went to snatch the so called pants from the drawer. They were the same pair she found him wearing when they met and were so ripped up that they were practically a skirt at this point. With a quick sweep to his knees she let him fall.

“Wha-AH HELENA WHY”

She snatched the pants and put them back in the drawer. Instead she pulled out a brightly colored tunic and a plain set of underclothes. Judging from Roland’s side eye he wasn’t going to be a fan.

“This one,”

“No-”

“Not optional. It’s cold at night, this will keep people still guessing, it’s movable.”

The pout strengthened but he still took the set before starting to change. She politely turned around and began to pack their bags back up. A habit, they never knew when they would need to run out if things went sour in town. She put anything of value at the very bottom wrapped in cloth.

“Oh wait take a cloak as well.”

She tossed it back rather than packing it up. More grumbles followed until a shout of I’m finished came back. As usual the pair were prepared for anything. She stuck a set of her own daggers at her hip strapping them into the belts she kept hidden underneath her cloak along with a small bag worth of emergency medical supplies.

“Ready? Have you packed all of your things up? Remember to make your weapons easily accessible but well hidden.”

“Yes yes Helena”

Last edited:
Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgHappy that Lorrin was being friendly, as she knew he would, Yo looked over at Liam. Oops. She'd missed his question asking what he was famous for, and she had thought she assuaged all his fears earlier, but didn't take into account that he could be nervous with Lorrin. She let go of his hand so he could use it if he needed. She thought to herself for a minute, thinking how she could prevent that in the future.

"Eeeh?!" She jumped back lightly when blankets came out of nowhere, blinking at the fuzzy snake pile. She hadn't been expecting it, but now she was even more excited. Bouncing back on her heels, she stopped herself from grabbing one up in curiosity. She'd figured it had come from Liam, since she had heard the slightest bit of words come from him before the pile plodded on him.

"Liam! That's so cool! I heard deserts get so cold at night, so this seems very useful. Where did the blankets come from?" She rattled off quickly, golden gaze sparkling. She looked over at Lorrin, a sing-song tone in her voice, "I think he's a great fit for us, Lorrin."

Her gaze shifted to an apology, seeing two people, both cloaked. She wasn't sure what the apology was for, so she had thought maybe it had something to do with Liam's tail nearby.

Once Helena had said that the other was her child, she smiled, "I'm Yo. Liam's in the blankets. Lorrin is a famous-" putting her finger to her chin, she corrected herself after hearing his introduction to Liam- "soon to be- adventurer."

She looked at the child, concerned, since they seemed to be recoiling to something and reminded her of Liam, "Is Ro okay?"

rp.jpg

Gwendolyn was trapped in Leóne's gaze, hoping to figure out his next move. Watching his hand come up to her chin, she held her breath. Their lips met and Gwen let herself relax, closing her eyes. She was suprised yet relieved knowing that her flirtatious efforts bore fruit. For a split second, she felt safe. Something she hadn't experienced in years. She felt his warm hand against her cheek and she smiled a little, continuing to kiss the rouge who infiltrated the walls she put up around her heart. Maybe it was the booze that let her fall so easily or it was the world setting her on a different life path. Either way, she was happy for a moment. She pulled away from the kiss and caught her breath. She knew her cheeks were a bright red but accepted that it was going to be a common occurence around Leóne.

"Finally." Gwen teased, giving Leóne a smile. Her cheeks were starting to get sore from her constant smiling but she gave it no attention, still focusing on the man sitting inches from her. Dozens of emotions ran through her head but the main one she felt was lost. For once in her life she didn't know what to do. What if he only liked her because he was drunk? Even worse, what if she only felt this way towards the rouge due to the amount of mead in her system? She barely knew the man for gods sake.

"I, uh, think I should stop drinking. The announcement should be soon right? Don't want to be too drunk if we have to set off tonight." She laughed, setting her empty mug on the bar. Her smiled faded and she got lost in her thoughts a moment before locking eyes again with Leóne. Something about him made her feel like it was okay to be vulnerable, even though her years of training told her opposite.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
1593030560481.png Bjorn smiled seeing his wife blush once again, he couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. She was too pretty after all. His attention was soon drawn to the dark elf golem before him. "You want to hear about our history? I would love to tell you, HAHA!" He says as he slams down another pint. "Aye! Uncle Wallas grappled a war golem standing 15 feet tall and used it to cleave through the ranks of his enemies! Great great gandfather mentioned having seen it before but he decided to fight instead of stopping by it. Not much on the well really, but why do ya ask lass?" His attention returned to the budding couple who pulled away from each other after a good long intimate kiss. "Good on ya both! Now go up and make some babies!" He said with boisterous laughter as he eggs the two on.
Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Sarahspn Sarahspn

DarkElfFinal.png
Obsidian
Instead of the shorter man or woman who she had offered an out from the situation answering, it was the taller woman. "I see," Obsidian said with a nod. A lot of the stuff about it being in fairy tales was of course things she had heard before, but hearing that there was to be recruitment for and expedition to find it made her arrival seem quite fortuitous indeed. It also seemed that the woman, who introduced herself and her husband as Freya and Bjorn, was planning to be a part of this expedition as well. "It's wonderful to meet you both. I look forward to traveling with you."

She then turned to Freya's husband, who then went on to talk about some of his relatives and ancestors. The part that truly intrigued her was about the war golem. Fifteen feet tall? Obsidian wasn't small by any means, but she reached nowhere near that height. Was that how tall golems were supposed to be? What did that mean for her? Was she... defective? "He... grappled it? And used it to cleave through ranks of enemies?" She practically quoted the man. "... Is that what golems are usually for?" Was her purpose to fight? To raze the troops of the opposing forces? Sure she had taken on work as a bodyguard before and fought off some monsters and attackers, but that was only to protect her client. To go into the field with the goal of taking the lives of whole armies though... that couldn't be her purpose... could it?

It seemed the out she had provided was unnecessary, as though they were nervous the couple of smaller individuals went on to eagerly kiss. Obsidian was pulled back to reality and listened to the woman mention ceasing drinking for the night. Her opal-like eyes shifted over to Bjorn, as he continued coaxing the two, this time suggesting they, "make babies." Babies... it's how mortals started out; instead of being created they are "born," from a mother and father. And then they grow, usually in the loving care of their parents. She remembered seeing some young children in her travels, happily playing. It brought her a feeling of yearning for a childhood of her own, and parents who loved her, cared for her, and helped her grow. Instead, she was created to be an adult, and awakened with all the capabilities of one. Maybe she was lucky though, as she had also seen some children who had lost their parents. If they weren't taken in by another guardian, usually they did not have the skills to survive in this world.

The statement also brought a question into her head: what would it be like if she could have children? Golems were of course infertile, but if that weren't the case, would she choose to? What would it be like to raise a child? It was considered taboo for a magical being to be with a mortal, but was it considered taboo for a magical being to raise a mortal? There were stories of both happening, and artwork portraying it as well, but it was all from legend. In truth, Obsidian wondered whether a magical creature could even feel love, whether it was romantic or familial, for a mortal. Or whether they could even feel love at all.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
Lorrin Yumi
hINOK6W.png

Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Lorrin quickly took his hand back as soon as the man started to chant, having been knowledgeable of on most types of magic he immediately realizes this as summing magic. What kind of monsters or weapons was this man about to summon is did Yo really just pull an unstable man from out of nowhere? He was just about to reach for his bow when blankets? Well, at least he's more stable now. "Um ya a perfect fit indeed." he had both a worried and puzzled look on his face is this going to be his life now Yo bring random people to him in an attempt to get him some more friends. He's probably going have to talk to Yo later about this before it becomes a problem. A moment lather anther pair walked by one of them looking to be a child tripping over there, new friend and then Yo once again gave introductions and he was about to strike some sort of professional pose when Yo said soon to be adventurer with almost made him trip from embarrassment.

1592972290302.png Liam having calmed down looked over to the person who tripped over his exposed tail as he peeks out of the pile of blankets. He looked at the small elf and his guardian with a nervous smile. "I-it's fine. I-I'm sorry I accidentally tripped your daughter miss." Liam said as he noticed Ro's Dress. However Yo's explanation soon returned his attention to her as she mentioned how cook and useful it was causing him to blush from embarrassment once again. "I s-summoned them." He tells Yo before turning back to Lorrin. "I-I'm sorry to have startled you... I'm not good with s-social situations a-and dealing with m-more people t-than present." He says as he nervously writhed under the blankets. "C-Can we move somewhere m-more private l-like a room or booth?" He asks as he looks around.
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik Taigakitt Taigakitt

Pozou Artith
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaaltari)| Interactions: @OrWangatan (Pelea), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel), RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 (Erik)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou couldn't help but chuckle at the range of questions Kiel came piling out with to his sister, and once again, looked to her with a beam of pride. "If there's anything my sister knows best, it's stars and constellations. I've forgotten about half of them though already..." He admitted with a sheepish smile. When Kiel went on to explain their reasonings for not travelling the next day after an unclear sky at night, the questioning in his eyes was all too clear.

"Oh...I see..."[ Pozou cocked his head again at Kiel's explanation. Perhaps it was something practiced among certain people that Pozou hadn't picked up in a book or heard of. "Well...perhaps it was just me that didn't know that?" He tried to reassure him, though the forced smile probably told Kiel all he needed to know. on that front.

It wasn't long before the towering, helmet-clad man leaned in closer to Kiel. Instinctively, Pozou felt his body lean away, given their prior encounter, though, tried to force his body forward so not to seem so rude. He had caught the man's warning, regarding the hooded figure that had passed them earlier and was lingering at the bar; the one Pozou avoided paying attention to. Pozou blinked as he listened to Kiel's explanation; that he had no organs on sale, but regardless, would have loved to help him. "U-um..." He began shakily, putting a hand on Kiel's arm, and with a gentle smile, as morbid as the topic was, explained, "I think he's implying that he would sell our organs, given his...shadiness. Therefore, we might as well go ahead and do it ourselves before he gets the chance..."

The thought of organ selling made a particular memory sprout to mind. His then mentor had insisted they travel so that Pozou would gain more hands-on experience...but learning hands-on meant his eyes were open to much more than medical procedures. They passed through a market, which at first, seemed rather non-descript. Your typical clothing, rugs, jewellery, and so forth were being pawned and their prices vehemently debated by vendors and potential buyers, when eventually Pozou had noticed a stall, selling varying meats and food stuffs. His mentor brought him over to it, and the two inspected all that was on display and for sale. Eventually though, Pozou's mentor asked for some of their finest cold cuts, of which the man had provided...alongside of a conspicuously wrapped and bloodied cloth, hidden undeneath his purchase.

After splitting with a handful of heavy gold, Pozou eventually probed his mentor on the extra product he had received alongside the cold cuts. His mentor, as if it had been a forgotten topic, pulled out the bloodied cloth, presenting a dismembered tongue. Apparently it was a delicacy where they had been, and organs such as that were traded in broad daylight under several guises, such as the meat that was being sold inside that dark and blanketed market. A fitting place to be selling them, giving the cover of sins that had been gathered underneath it. Surprisingly, several doctors like himself had come by and bought organs like before, whether for illegal and botched transplants, or to research for themselves. For Pozou's mentor, a lesson in the illegal distribution of organs.

Pozou gulped at the memory, those cold cuts and that tongue being so close together, and the nausea tingled at his throat. He was young then, but even as a...sort of trained doctor, the thought was still enough to make a semi-professional like him shudder.

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngAt Obsidian's words, Freya noted that she was going to be joining the hunt. Guess they'll have to see how it turns out. Hearing Gwen's announcement that she should stop drinking, Freya noted that she may not have much in the way of a tolerance to alcohol. Though, she admitted that it was a smart decision for a lightweight if an announcement would be made. She wondered how many people were here for the announcement, and how many were here for the merriment of a lodge. She could only chuckle at Bjorn's continued persistence for Gwen and Leóne.

She gestured over at Obsidian, "Say, dear, do you have any stories of your own? It'd be nice to learn who we'd be potentially on the journey with." She more or less wanted to socialize some more. Maybe eventually go watch the fight that was brewing and people were betting on. Something about a Scorpion guy and a champion Bulldog guy. There were times where she felt they were scripted and not worth putting money towards. But, what did she know.

Mentions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

Endless eye contact came once impassioned kissing ended, and breaking silence Gwen teased the rogue for slow movement. Some men would be embarrassed but Leóne loved her teasing and thought well played, you got me there while laughing, because boy was she good!

Gwen engaged Leóne more than most. Too many people were cozy inside comfort zones and too many lacked charisma, but she seemed the opposite. She was bold and captivated the rogue, who became more and more interested as dancing eye contact continued. So when she mentioned leaving with the others, Leóne was pleasantly surprised! He always assumed they were crossing paths by chance — to meet once before going on separate adventures. That was the way of adventurous people found at champion lodges. Everyone was seeking something different and heading somewhere unique, moving on before anything could develop. Knowing she was coming along completely changed the conversation!

Months of travel meant something real could grow from humble beginnings, but Leóne tempered expectations. He was getting ahead of himself — a concept unknown among northern people apparently, because the northern warrior once again suggested something that took 'getting ahead of myself' and multiplied by ten.

However the impact was camouflaged because Leóne was already flushed, matching Gwen's crimson shade. Both were redder than bullseye targets, and both were (probably) dealing with high blood pressure, courtesy of the drunk grandpa who was on mug number-twenty. Leóne wondered how such alcohol consumption was possible, he could only watch amazed thinking — northerners must serve toddlers whiskey, the tolerance is remarkable! As he took a more humble three second sip.

Meanwhile Gwen was cutting short of reckless binge drinking which was understandable. More alcohol would be a problem, as drunk people on horseback would have interesting results. Leóne planned on having more though, ordering another as Freya asked Obsidian about personal stories, before mentioning the mission. It seemed the new person was interested in coming with them, but the beautiful woman who locked eyes with Leóne from inches away had his attention, and his words.

"You're coming along? Here I was thinking I'd only know you for tonight!" he began, unguarded happiness beaming out before adding "Now I can take you on an honest date where people aren't throwing daggers at dartboards, somewhere nice with good wine and good music! And maybe you can show me around Lunar Island if we take an eastern route? I hear there are beautiful resorts there, where people spend nights overlooking endless ice sheets, and watching northern auroras. I bet I could fleece a penthouse ticket from a nobleman without too much effort!"

Leóne was too old for playing coy about who he wanted. Gwen was his type, beat for beat and he was shooting his shot.

3003DE61-C8C3-4564-ABF3-CB4C52A2322F.jpeg
Gwendolyn laughed at Bjorns encouragement and shook her head. “No babies.” She said, rolling her eyes a little. She noticed Leónes red face and smiled. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard his laugh.

Gwen smiled at Leónes excitement once he realized she was embarking on the journey to find the well. He mentioned a date and Gwen froze in place, her smiling face replaced with shock. He continued talking of the things they would do together but Gwen couldn’t hear him over the sound of her pounding heart. “A-A date? Leóne... we just met. You’re drunk and just saying things.” She stuttered, putting distance between her and the rouge.

I’m sorry but if you really knew who I was, you wouldn’t be interested anymore.” She said, turning away from him. She looked down at her hands, thoughts racing through her head. She knew she was selfish and greedy but never thought twice about it until she met Leóne. Somehow this man turned her world upside down and made her doubt everything she thought she knew about herself. She felt her confident facade shatter and her flaws were coming to the surface. What if he causes her to change her wish? What would be her purpose in life be? The overwhelming feeling of being lost was becoming too much and tears welled up in her eyes. She never cried but she figured tonight was full of rarities and took a deep breath. She was infatuated with Leóne and wanted to follow him blindly but she pushed everyone in her life away and was terrified to change that.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
1593205791320.png "Nice ta' meet ya lass. We look forward to travelin' with you too." He says with a smile as he knocks back yet another drink, finally starting to feel the alcohol ever so slightly causing him to laugh cheerily. "'Bout damn time the ale hit! Now you asked about golems, well they're used fer all a bunch of things, but I'm not a mage to tell you what they can do with them. I'm sure the love birds over here can explain it better than I can once they've finished havin' their fun. Though they should be a'headin upstairs so you may need to ask tomorrow." He says with a chuckle. "As Freya said, would be nice to hear your story."
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt

DarkElfFinal.png
Obsidian
"Stories of my own...?" She took a moment to think after hearing the woman's question. "In terms of the Well of Wishes I only know just as much as you: It's something that's believed to be a myth and mentioned in legends and fairy tales. As far as stories about golems go, I haven't heard all that many. I believe you're the first people I've met to speak of golems as if they are a part of reality. Strangely, people seem to not believe what is right in front of them even as they see me, and continue to speak of them as legend. I do know they... we... are created for serving our creators, and awaken when they need us. How to serve them though... remains a mystery to me..."

It came as a relief when Bjorn said that Obsidian wasn't necessarily destined to be a war machine. Sadly he didn't have much more information, and pointed her to the two smaller individuals. She indeed agreed with the taller man's statement about not being able to get information out of them tonight, but it came as a surprise to her when she overheard things between the two fizzling out. It wasn't really any of her business though, and regardless, the two seemed too inebriated at this point to give any reliable information, so she decided to let the two be.

She turned back to Bjorn when the man inquired about her as well. "Hmm... Well my story isn't too interesting I don't think... I was created on the Stone Shores, presumably at the base of Mt. Helka, as that's where I awoke. I had knowledge of what a golem is supposed to do in general, but didn't know my specific purpose. I went to work and live with the humans of the Stone Shores, and helped them with all things fishing, but... I didn't feel as if I was fulfilling my purpose. I thought they were my creators, but it seemed that that wasn't the case. So I came to the Centos mainland in order to find my true creators and purpose. I traveled south from the Marsh Gates, and heard about the Well of Wishes during my journey. Even if it is considered a myth, sadly I haven't been able to find information about myself or my creators or purpose on my own, so I've also been trying to get more information about the Well. If it truly does exist and I can't find out more about myself in any other way, I'll wish for the information I need."

Obsidian was silent for a moment after finishing. "And what about you two? Your relatives and ancestors sound impressive. Are you two hoping to find the Well to continue to bring glory to your family name?"

Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

"Not a chance!" Leóne blurted as Gwen turned away, answering her 'losing interest' comment with genuine confusion. Unless she roamed around murdering people for sport, secrets only made her more interesting and the rogue wondered what could be so horrible? Was she wanted somewhere? Maybe she was the daughter of someone infamous? Perhaps she worked for dangerous criminals? Whatever Gwen concealed seemed bad by normal standards, but Leóne was banned from passing judgment.

How could he speak when legal problems were common? How could he judge when an active bounty from the west hovered above him? How could he complain when embarrassing mistakes crowded his own rear-view mirror? However no amount of 'well this happened to me' reduced her obvious pain, and Leóne gave Gwen a moment before consoling "We all have secrets, surely they can't be that bad, yo — But words stopped once Leóne wondered is she about to cry?

Gwen exuded depressed body language, and her anxious breathing squeezed heart strings. Leóne wanted to embrace her and whisper everything's gonna be fine, but she needed space for several moments more — assuming Leóne was correct about anything which was suspect. He had zero clues beyond an enraged inner mobologue about who harmed her, who pushed her to become so guarded? Where are they now, I better not find them!

Thinking about who caused her pain sent currents through veteran hands that were accustomed to violence. Leóne wanted to know who pushed Gwen down her defensive path. He wanted to meet them himself, with a stocked pouch of throwing knives of course — but revenge would come later. For now Leóne wanted to console her, and closing her defensive gap, the rogue suddenly wrapped Gwen in his arms.

"Then bury your secrets and worry about the future. Think 'fuck everything except tomorrow' because we're adventuring across the world... and who knows if we'll even make it?" he began, stepping back from the hug, hazel eyes matching hers before adding "Or tell me when you're ready and see about my interest after.... because I'm no prude. I know what it's like to fight for survival. How being good can mean being dead. How staying alive means breaking rules and getting your hands dirty sometimes... Fuck anyone who hates you for doing what's necessary! Maybe we can swap our horror stories one day eh?"

Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
rp.jpg

Gwen listened to Leóne and closed her eyes. She hated being vulnerable and didn't want to present herself this way in front of people she had just met. She felt Leóne's arms wrapped around her and she relaxed against him. A small smile made its way to her lips and she opened her eyes to meet his. She was done being emotional and put his words into use by only focusing on the future hopefully involving the rouge she was falling for.

"You're right, thank you. I apologize that you had to witness that. It was a fault in my character." She said, brushing her hair out of her face. "And I'm sorry for rejecting you. A date sounds lovely and I'd gladly show you around the village I grew up in. Even better, I can give you a tour of the college where you can see my portraits hanging from the walls. Maybe along the journey we can share sob stories." She said, her smile growing bigger. She brought a hand to his face and kissed his cheek. Pulling away she gave him a wink and looked at the other patrons of their small group. They were talking amogst themselves about the well and their personal histories so she didn't see a reason to bother them. She continued looking around the tavern and spotted a few men with bags of coins hanging from their belts. "Say, how good of a theif are you?" She looked back at Leóne with a smirk.

Jet Jet

Freya Hamrammr
FreyaCrop.pngFreya finished off another drink. By this point, she kept some semblance of a pace with Bjorn. Face flushed from the alcohol, if Bjorn even attempted to make her blush again, she would turn to a tomato instead of a peach.

She listened to Obsidian speak about her past. It seemed as though she at least had a mind of her own. Freya wasn't going to question her about being a golem though. The world is a large place and it wasn't for her to argue what someone claimed themselves to be. As long as they weren't trying to kill her family.

She noted that Gwen and Leóne were already having a spat, though it looked quickly resolved. As a mother, Freya wanted to go console the crying Gwen, but the rogue had already had his arms around her.

At the question to what they wanted out of the well, a giant smile fell upon her lips. Family was something she always enjoyed talking about, as probably many grandparents do, "We're traveling for our grand-babies. We want to find them fun things or bring back new stories to tell." Being retired had it's perks. When they were chieftains, they had to make sure their village was safe and brought in money as well. Since they'd passed that on to their eldest, they could do what they love.

1593300345366.png Bjorn shrugged at people not understanding the 'golem' in front of him. People could deny things they had witnessed themselves so he wasn't phased by her revelation. "I see, well I can wish you luck and help you find the well but I don't know much about golems so I can't comment or help you there. Bjorn was about to comment about the grandkids but Freya beat him to it. "Aye, we're going to wish for prosperity and good lives for our descendants. In the meantime we spend our retirement adventuring and having fun." He says with a grin as he picks Freya up like he did on their wedding day. "I've already earned my treasure here." He proudly boasts as he sits down with her in his lap, a teasing smile beset upon his face. "With a lovely wife, happy family, and adventure to be had; how could I complain? I'm happy right here doing what I am: teasing my wife." He says before laughing boisterously.
Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (1).jpg

Leóne accepted the answer about character flaws and clouded emotions, even when something shrouded caused her sudden change. Maybe someday Gwen would share what drove her away — Leóne hoped she would. He wanted to know more about her, but understood how guarded she was when knowledge was power. So when she changed gears the rogue watched curious questions wash away without complaining. He allowed warm happiness to replace worry when she accepted his offer. He allowed interests to change when she mentioned her hometown, and when she mentioned stealing he became extremely engaged. Leóne enjoyed her question, and he enjoyed how mischievous energy played across her face when she scanned the room.

He also suspected she had experience separating money from people. The way she looked around was a classic move, where a pickpocket bounced eyes around an area. Experienced thieves measured how wasted people were, how dangerous they seemed, what environmental advantages existed, and where they carried coin pouches. The rogue recognized her process from experience around southern slums, and a history best described as dubious. Making matters more criminal, her question about stealing lacked the classic how dare you accusation tone. She seemed comfortable speaking about borrowing gold, and Leóne was enamored watching her gemstone eyes work the tavern, musing man she is some trouble because Gwen was more than a potential partner — she was a potential partner in crime! Leóne had never been with a woman of wandering hands, and considering how they would get along pierced his heart with another arrow! Of course his entire assumption could be wrong, but the rogue suspected otherwise as he spoke.

"I'm probably the best pickpocket here — or maybe the second best? You know I can see you working the room, seen enough wandering hands to know when I'm around them! So how about a contest? Whoever grabs the most gold from these good people wins, and whoever wins gets one wish granted by the loser! And don't worry, I won't ask anything extreme when I win" he went with an equal smirk to her own.

Gwen had roped his mischievous side into the conversation, and assuming he was correct about her, they would probably loot the entire room without anyone noticing. The only question was who is better and what embarrassing request Gwen would make of Leóne, assuming she won.

Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
DE1ACB66-5EFA-4C48-A50A-D288AECE74AD.jpeg
Gwendolyn loudly laughed at Leóne. “The best? Honey, I was trained to pickpocket royals. But a contest sounds fun and I can’t wait to see who wins.” She said, smiling.

She stood up from her stool and patted the wrinkles from her dress and fixed her hair. She looked at Leónes knives and smirked. He leaned towards him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Pulling away, she grabbed one of the knives off his chest and gave him a smile. “Good luck.” She said before disappearing into the taverns crowd.

Stealing money was easy in a tavern, especially one this busy. Walking through the crowd, she used the knife she borrowed from Leóne to cut the strings of a strangers coin pouch. She smoothly put the pouch into the bag on her hip and continued wading through the crowd. She spotted a rather large man wearing a helm on his head and turned the other way. He seemed like he had a temper and she didn’t feel like dealing with him if he caught her. Walking up to one of the betting tables, Gwen leaned against the table to watch the games. Losing interest fairly quickly due to the game master always winning, she walked behind the participants of the game and swiped another coin pouch.

Jet Jet

Gwen proved her talent when she grabbed Leóne's blade and 'you really are good' he mused when she spoke. Heart skipping when they kissed he never noticed wandering hands, and now Gwen was winning already! So when good fortune was wished, Leóne wondered how much do I need?

He assumed huge amounts because she mentioned learned techniques — meanwhile he was never schooled. When she spoke about stealing a concrete confidence emerged, and her practiced movements were smooth without any worry. Gwen removed pouches on pouches as she bounced around the room and Leóne was overmatched. He was also more attracted seeing how talented she was, but action was needed now. He would make best efforts to win, even when she came across as professional.

Working around the room Leóne copied Gwen's movements from before, however they were more obtuse. He also seemed more suspicious which burned chances, but pouches were nabbed regardless. No matter how many Leóne grabbed though, Gwen was winning anyway and he imagined an embarrassing request coming from his mischievous crush — but he wasn't down yet! There was one move he could make when approaching the gambling table that Gwen stood beside.

Employing wind magic Leóne shook logs from a nearby hearth. As embers flew about, people lurched around and when heads turned the rogue used another wind spell — this one skewed the table. As money crashed to the ground and scattered across dark tavern floorboards, Leóne collected a percent with arcane talents, pulling coins into the bottom of his pant legs.

As gamblers screamed accusations among themselves, Leóne stopped aside Gwen with a subdued smile. He wondered what she would ask assuming she carried more gold, and about his wish assuming the table gave enough to overcome her talents.

"Okay I admit you're the better pickpocket, but I'm completely insane so don't count me out until everything is counted! Also some of those gamblers cheated me earlier tonight so... they had it coming" Leóne whispered from beside Gwen, speaking quietly to avoid suspicion.

"And you know you're full of surprises, I've seen only one other person work through a room that fast without being caught, and she was three times your age and smelled like rotten ham, I think you've got her beaten in more ways than one"

Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
Ayana Eyowen

31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10.jpg
Ayana noted the smell when she entered — roasted animals and unwashed humans made noxious fumes when combined. Northern atmospheres were bad enough without poor aromas added from carnivores... Ayana was accustomed to pure environments of dampened bark above moss covered rocks and endless underbrush. Coming overseas she loved ocean currents with salted smells too, and traveling from eastern Centos, she accepted dry woodlands even when they lacked a tropic touch.

But human towns? Whaleshell Port? How disgusting!

Ayana was annoyed from atmosphere alone, not to mention leering men. Humans looked good but many were brutes, a race lacking manners who watched wherever she walked. Several passed combat worthy comments too, but she was here about business. Getting thrown out meant missing presentations. Missing presentations meant missing recruitment and that meant no wishes. No wishes meant dead forests and no more elven society. No pressure!

Focused on composure she moved and looked forward, folding away her navy cotton shawl as words were overheared about the mission! Her attention was grabbed! There stood two massive humans who were older and larger than most around the tavern. Ayana wondered why they were so huge? She also wondered about Obsidian, rare were stone elves found so far from home.

However her main interest was about the mission. But opening up about business was poor form for everyone, instead she planned on gleaning information without making her reason known — and what better way than with compliments!

"Hello northerners, I was passing and noticed how freakishly large you are! Were your ancestors ever romantically involved with giants? Even you stone warrior, you're so huge for your rare kind. It really is amazing how everyone here grows so massive. I wonder if a difference in temperature exists between where we stand? Heat rises you know, so what do northerners say when seeing someone so huge? Don't you ask what's the weather like up there? There must be a difference even if small, no?"

Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
DarkElfFinal.png

Obsidian

Traveling in order to bring back tales or trinkets for family, and already having everything they were looking for. Obsidian couldn't help but feel slightly envious of the dwarven couple. She wondered if she would ever have a life where she was so content, that if given a wish the only thing she could ask for was the well-being of others. More specifically, those she cared about, and those who cared about her. It was a thought that brought up conflict though, as the woman felt it clashed with her very nature. Her purpose was to serve the people who created her, and the only reason she would be selfish with the wish, if she indeed received one, was in order to better do so. That wasn't so different from Bjorn and Freya, or so it seemed to her, although she wasn't so sure if her creators necessarily loved her, or she them.

"That's very kind and noble of you," she said. "Your grandchildren are lucky to have grandparents such as yourselves. And I'm very happy for you two, since you both are happy with each other, and in good enough health to still enjoy life together."

The woman was pulled after her thoughts of longing by the sound of a voice coming from below her. She looked down at the young woman, who looked too developed to be a child, despite having the height of one. She seemed to still have the bluntness that children have though, as she went on to ask rather personal questions of the dwarves. Obsidian kept out of it, sure that the two could manage, but then found the questions aimed at her. She was referred to as a "stone warrior," which, if it was out of context, Obsidian could have taken as being referred to the golem she truly was. Although, since this was followed up after the topic of mating, she was able to tell that this tiny lady was of course referring to her as a stone elf.

"I'm not a stone elf," Obsidian responded. She felt the usual anger and irritation well up with the mislabeling, but it was compounded by the woman's lack of tact. Still, she managed to keep her cool as she went on to explain, "I'm a golem. I wasn't born, I was created. That being said, maybe my creators took inspiration from the features of giants."

She couldn't help but find the woman's questions about the weather and the reactions people have to her height somewhat condescending. The blonde wanted to stomp a stalagmite up through the ground below her, sending her flying in order to give her a taste of the "weather up there," though once again she kept her cool. "I haven't been able to go down to your height," she instead responded, "so I sadly wouldn't know. Although, I do feel chillier while sleeping on the ground as opposed to a raised bed, so you may be right." She couldn't believe she was indulging this woman's idiotic curiosity, but if her creators were anything like her, Obsidian figured it would be better to have some practice now and get used to it. "Perhaps later I could make you a pedestal of stone so you can test the difference for yourself. And to answer your question, no, I have never been asked that before." She wanted to add on a jab about how most people were mature enough not to question such things, but let it be.

Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet

• F736EBAB-CA4F-4629-A731-289C5DBDD539.jpeg

Tags:
    Liam ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) Yo ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Lorren ( Pik Pik )
    ~ Tavern ~
    Late Bloomer || Roland's CS File

Blankets? He risked the pain of looking up from his spot upon the floor and took a quick look to see the desert man indeed was under a blanket. He saw the figure move and hid again looking down at his feet. He forced himself up and shifted behind Helena. He felt her take hold of his hand and reminded himself that Helena wouldn’t let him run across them again. He couldn’t hide from the entire desert, even if she had been obliging his own tendencies with this northern movement.

“‘mm fine.”

He didn’t have to look to know that Helena would be worrying about him. Even if he did Helena always was a master of smoothing things over with a masked calm. He took a silent breath in as he fixed his tunic and stealthily fixed his daggers from under his cloak. With a practiced demeanor he came out from behind Helena and curtseyed to the man he tripped over.

“I mean. My apologies, I’m doing well thank you for asking.”

From the corner of his eye he could see Helena’s approval before she drew the conversation back away from him in her own mama bear way. He could see that she’d moved one of her arms out of the arm of the cloak, having it hiddenly under the cloak, quick weapons access. He made a quick shake of his head from under the cloak. He was fine.

“Ro’s taken far worse tumbles before, having you honey?”

He nodded appropriately.

“But you said you friend here’s an adventurer? What a coincidence. Ro’s late father was one as well, we’ve been traveling along for years and the road just became our companion as well. Actually I heard there were quite a few fights going on tonight? I’ve been interested in seeing what may come from it. Naturally Ro loves watching them test their skill.”

She greeted them as evenly as she did actual criminals. It was hard from his own perspective to see when Helena tolerated someone and when she didn’t. He followed her lead staying within arms reach.

“Now you said you’d like to move somewhere more private? Ro is that okay with you, or would you prefer to go closer to the viewing?”

“It’s fine, I think it’d be rude to rush into the viewing after all.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back