• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
1592358718697.png Upon hearing someone shouting next to him Liam coiled up and got real low as he looked at the stranger nervously. "H-Hi there..." He says as he peaks out of his large coiled tail. She had scales too... OH NO... she would make him leave her too... not again... not now... not when he was so close to finding more people like himself. He began shaking due to anxiety and fear as he looked at her. He wanted to cover himself with blankets but he couldn't here, there were too many people and it would make him look like a child. "I-I-I'm L-Liam..." He nervously says to her.
Taigakitt Taigakitt

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

The light-blue-haired man gave a nod at Pelea's explanation. "I see... so then you aren't related to them?" he asked. "If that's the case, maybe it's unlikely you'll run into the owners of the feathers after all..." Regardless, he had already gifted the necklace to Pozou, so it was now his to keep. "It's interesting that there are tribes of your kind scattered so far away. My kind are solely in the desert... well, aside from me, now, of course. There are many people who look similar to us all around the world, though." It seemed in Kiel's culture the desert tribes were considered a separate species from humans.

"Nice to meet you too!" He gave a grin. "My name is Kiel!" He once again extended a hand forward to shake, but after seeing the woman's greeting and once again remembering their prior interaction, he retracted his arm and tipped his head downwards towards her as well.

At the woman's sudden outburst of excitement, he turned to look at the source. It was someone who looked to have just entered the building, a half-human, half-serpentine kind of fellow. The body language he was was displaying made him seem quite reserved, as if cowering from the crowd around him. His light-blue eyes lingered on the man until he was approached by a woman. His attention was then once again brought back to the avian siblings.

Listening to the light teasing going on between them brought a smile to his face, reminding of the interactions he used to have with his sister back home. In his case, the roles would be reversed, as he would usually be the one doing the teasing and his sister would be the one getting flustered. Kiel's smile changed to a look of curiosity as he noticed the masked individual's gaze fall onto him as he walked past. He couldn't exactly see the man's eyes behind the mask, but from the way his head tilted as he walked he was able to tell he was looking his way. The curious expression disappeared as quickly as it arrived and his cheerful smile returned as he gave a polite wave.

Once Pozou spoke up again, his head returned to facing the siblings. The two seemed to be actually agreeing to his silly idea of returning the feathers, which earned them a chuckle from Kiel, regardless of if they were doing so in jest or not. "I see," he responded when the avian man explained their origins. "I do believe I remember The College on a map during my travels... Maps are... somewhat confusing to me, I must admit. In the desert we solely use the stars to navigate, and on nights the sky isn't clear we don't travel the next day." A night sky without the stars shining was a warning, his people believed, although he was quickly learning that was something unique to them.

OrWangatan OrWangatan Arcanist Arcanist The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

Gwen seemed dangerous, women rarely matched her boldness and burglars always marked treasure hunters. Leóne knew from experience how some seduced men and preferenced women before making out as bandits. Hell, years ago one sharing his sheets asked can you order another pitcher from downstairs darling, you know I adore wine? And he spared nothing when buying more! Flush with money Leóne covered luxurious western reds without sweating expense! But once returned he found empty pockets, looted crates, missing treasures, open double-windows and a note reading — Until next time dear, enjoy the wine for both of us!

Apparently she knew about first age inscriptions.... enough to steal them anyway.

Tonight however, an unusual defense existed against cat burglars — poverty! Leóne had money saved elsewhere, but stealing from him personally? What garbage returns that would be! Gwen could be there about stealing or romancing, but no matter what there would be no losing for Leóne unless spare coins counted. So when strong booze was passed down from the northerner, the rogue couldn't complain. Being drunk would make him careless but careless was perfect when nothing was staked. He was happy drinking away his sense.... but then northern words registered. Bjorn was going miles overboard.

Leóne's face warmed, and not from alcohol. But there were thresholds for embarrassment being passed, entering places where fucks were given no-more, and as Freya mentioned his name, Leóne overcame emotions. Sure everything was becoming awkward but they were decent people anyway, overly casual but these people seem relaxed, maybe too relaxed, though not horrible people he thought, grabbing another sip while Freya mentioned the mission. She also gave Leóne some added seconds to consider words carefully, as western monks would before addressing questions with a smooth —

"Thankyou my northern friends, for drinks and for covering me! My tongue was twisted on which compliments to say... over many shared drinks. After months abroad it needs sharpening, and where better than here around such unexpected beauty?" he explained, looking Gwen's way with mischief. And leaning back against the bar he looked toward Bjorn laughing "Maybe you can wish me into holy matrimony with someone when we find the well? You seem quite keen on the idea!"

Giving attempted humor breathing space, Leóne took down fresh meade before adding "But to square with you, my travels bring me across many lands and dangerous places, having a family now would chance too much — though my wish would change that, assuming the mission isn't garbage anyway... I guess we'll see soon enough with this presentation, should be very interesting."

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
F1082878-C39C-4DD3-BD71-09A2C90A6A13.jpeg
Gwendolyn took her eyes off Leóne and looked over at the older couple. Bjorn suggested her and the rouge to have kids and Gwens face turned bright red. She quickly took her hand off Leóne's arm and gave Bjorn a small laugh. “Oh no, kids are not an option for me” she said, accepting the beer from the man. She took a sip and looked at Leóne over the rim. He was oddly quiet and not his usual awkward way similar to moments before. Gwen raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off, drinking more of her drink. This one didn’t taste as bad as the one she had before. Her mind came back to reality at the end of Bjorns tangent about a battle someplace somewhere.

Thank you Bjorn for the drink and the uh.. encouraging words.” Gwen thanked him, trying to erase the redness from her face. Freya revealed the rouges name to her as Leóne. “Ah Leóne! It’s fitting for a man of your looks.” Gwen complimented, taking a small step closer to him.

As she listened to Leóne talk to the northerners, she caught a glimpse of suspicion in his eyes and set her drink down. The bar was starting to warm up a little with all the body heat and Gwen took off her gloves and long hood, revealing more of her tight fitting dress. She folded her garments and draped them over her bag around her hip. She sat on a nearby stool and picked up her drink, continuing to sip on it while she listened. She looked over the crowd of people in the tavern taking note of the different cultures. “So Leóne, what has brought you here? What do you seek of the Well?” She asked, turning her head to the rouge. She gave him a soft smile, a part of her genuinely intersted in his answer.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
1592505201312.png "Haha indeed they were, his eyes as big as saucers." He says as he continues to laugh heartily before calming down. "You twist and play with words a lot Leone, speak your mind instead of acting like one of those stuck up nobles writing a contract like a devil." He says heartily as he once again patted Leone on the back. "Wish for it yourself my friend, I'll see what I can do but I've got my grandkids to look after." Afterwhich Leone said having kids would be dangerous and Gwen also disagreed. "Nonsense! We had 7 healthy babies while we were severing heads from necks when we were younger. Who knows we may just have another on the journey." He says with a grin as he teases Freya some with a hearty smile. The youngsters weren't the only ones who could get it on. "You're most welcome lass." Bjorn then spots an axe throwing section and grins, standing up briefly to hurl his axe into the dead center of the board. "Care for a few rounds of throwing?" He asks the three with him.
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngFreya could understand the other two's wish to hold off on kids. Not everyone was ready for them. When Bjorn turned the teasing on her, her face flushed. She didn't intend on letting the two others know, so she made a mental note to talk to Bjorn later. She stopped being able to have kids a couple years back. Bjorn and her had quite the healthy relationship, so it was slightly surprising that there was no fruit to the labor for some years. Most of the time, Freya didn't think about it. There was a chance he could have just been throwing words as a tease for the other two, so he may be aware. But she never had properly talked with Bjorn about the possibility.

She was relieved when he decided to ask about some ax throwing. She couldn't heft her giant ax that was at her back at the board. One, it could probably break the board. Two, the owner of the lodge might not like that big of an ax to be used. She had another one at her belt, so she lifted that nimbly in her hands, "I'm down for a round of throwing, anytime." A wide smirk flashed across her face, possibly a little hint of what Freya could be like out on the battlefield.

Freya didn't want to destroy Bjorn's ax, so she aimed for right next to it, so their axes could be side-by-side.

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

With axes tossed around the room, Leóne noted how Gwen looked without added layers. What's in northern water, that makes these women so beautiful? Was his main takeaway, and she knew her looks turned heads. Leóne could sense that confidence behind her bold nature, even when she blushed from embarrassment. Some men could become uncomfortable around that strength, but she was expressing interest in carefree ways that made the rogue relax — now that marriage jokes were embarrassing him less anyway.

Her casual curiosity peaqued over motivations, about reasons and dreams for coming here tonight. Loaded questions those were. Leóne almost always dodged them as treasure hunters stayed coy, but not tonight. Explaining was harmless unless she was seeking the ruins too — and hard to believe that would be. The place was unknown and tucked below endless Dead Ocean dunes. Unless Leóne revealed exact information, explanation was harmless, but mild teasing was called for before anything else! Her coy answer from before demanded revenge, and so Leóne winked Gwen's way saying "You'll have to work harder than that to learn my secrets too!"

He enjoyed passing her own words back, and he moved amused eyes across her face while drinking down meade. But nothing was meant other than casual teasing, and once humor settled he broke sarcasm to answer "To be honest with you, I'm here about a place hidden below the Dead Ocean. I found a huge cube structure made from metal, and for eleven months I tried breaking into that damn thing with explosives and some enchantments, crowbars, huge boulders dropped from above and my bare hands! Nothing worked but the well can open those doors for me..."

As Leóne stopped speaking, he channeled arcane energy around a nearby crate of rusted throwing axes. Creating atmosphere pockets and subtle currents, he hovered one weapon beside Gwen while grabbing the other with poor form, because axes were Leóne's specialty. They were cumbersome power weapons that he despised, and he was horrible with them. Knives were much better, much more balanced and so damn smooth! But an axe? Leóne crossed toes hoping bystanders would go unharmed, and yelled out "I'm a man of many knives not many talents! You northerners love axes but me? I'm a classic man with classic weapon tastes! So watch yourself I don't want to catch anyone by accident and lose my lodge membership!"

Drawing nervous looks from random people, Leóne then chucked his axe with one hand. Wobbling about, the weapon was poorly thrown and lacked accuracy, but lucky for everyone nothing was cut — slamming handle first into the board's bottom right.

A dozen randoms cheered the garbage throw and Leóne could only smile, laughing at himself for throwing poorly but who cared? He was a knife man and hated god damn axes! I'd never miss with my knives! Next time we play my game instead and we'll see who matches my marks.

Sarahspn Sarahspn EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
83E76FC1-0EBD-4EF8-BD63-0C1AF8351D2D.jpeg
Gwen watched Bjorn and Freya throw their axes with incredible precision and smiled. She was among great warriors and wanted to learn everything she could to be stronger. She could hit any target with any weapon but wanted to learn from those who were truly strong. She looked at Leóne and caught his eyes. Gwen audibly laughed when he returned her teasing words she used at the beginning of their interaction. She was going to make a snarky remark but to her surprise, Leóne began answering her question. She drank her mead as she listened, noticing how lively the rouge was when he talked about the subject of his wish. It put a small smile on her face. She longed for her wish to be of something physical but then again, she could get anything she wanted when her wish comes true.

Gwendolyn watched as Leóne made a pair of axes hover near her. She noticed his form as he grabbed one of the axes and her smile faltered. She feared what was going to happen when he threw the axe. She laughed a little at his warning and her laughter became louder when his axe missed the target. She hadn’t laughed this much in a long time and her smile grew when she watched Leóne laugh at himself. She felt something inside her that made her stop in her tracks. She was starting to develop feelings for this rouge and it was more terrifying than anything she’s ever encountered. She downed the rest of her drink, in an attempt to rid of those dangerous emotions.

She grabbed the hovering axe next to her and stood up. She might as well join in on the fun. She spread her feet into a strong stance and felt the weight of the axe in her hand. It was pretty light and easy to handle. She lifted the axe above her shoulder and threw it. It stuck into the target on the other side of Bjorns axe. She let out a breath and smiled. She sat back down in her seat at the bar and turned towards Leóne to continue talking.

Huh, I’ve never heard of a relic such as that.” Gwen said, getting back on the topic of their conversation. She ordered another strong drink and set a few coins on the bar. She took a big sip of her fresh mead and locked eyes with Leóne. “Have you tried looking for answers in other places as well? Maybe the key to opening it is hidden elsewhere in scrolls or sacred places? Most importantly, what do you believe to be inside?” She asked, leaning closer to him.

Last edited:
1592670799852.png Bjorn smiled as Freya flushed, he knew they had reached the end of their child making career but that blush was worth any trouble he would get later, he couldn't help himself she was just too pretty when she blushed, aside just because they couldn't have kids didn't mean the fun had to stop. "You always had me tied in axe throwing." He declared with a chuckle after Freya's axe landed next to his, he knew she could have split his but the trouble of re-hafting it wouldn't have been worth it. "You southerners and your secrets..." Bjorn mutters after hearing the two saying they would have to fish them out of each other. "If it weren't for the damn desert heat I'm sure a few good northerners could crack it like an eggshell." He declares with a grin. Upon hearing Leone's remarks about knives Bjorn guffawed. "Nonsense a well balanced axe is just as easy to handle as one of your puny knives." He says before watching Leone's attempt to throw the axe. "HAHAHA that's the worst throw I've ever seen, my grandson who's six can throw better than you." He says heartily as he once again slaps Leone's back. "Well done lass! Was a good throw." He commented as Gwen's axe landed near his. His attention returned to Leone. "I see you got that there fancy magic, are you able to retrieve things from a distance?" Bjorn asked wanted to see the capabilities of the rogue, perhaps if he had the ability it would save their lives in the future.
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn

DarkElfFinal.png

Obsidian
The nostalgic scent of sea salt touched her nose as Obsidian walked through the North Gate. She hadn't smelled anything similar since leaving home, and traveling south from the Marsh Gates. Memories of dropping a line into the water at dawn with the humans of the Stone Shores filled her mind, and she could practically feel the motion of reeling in the catch of day in her arms. Catching, hauling, and selling fish had taken its toll on her when she left, but now, after some time traveling, the woman wondered whether she could find similar work here at Whaleshell Port. If so, maybe she would stay here for awhile.

First thing was first though: she needed to find out if anyone here had information of the Well of Wishes. It was true that most people just assumed it was a myth, but even a myth may have some truth to it. If any of the locals would tell her the version of the stories they heard about it, the woman would happily jot it down. It was not uncommon for her to be mocked and laughed at when she asked though, but when that happened she did not take offense. Unlike most beings which were born capable of feeling emotions, golems were not made for that purpose. Whenever she found herself feeling anger or sorrow, Obsidian would simply remind herself of that and move past it. Bringing this up with folks unfortunately often just earned her more mockery, and condescending comments about her being a stone elf. Regardless, she would also simply brush this off. All she needed was to fulfill her purpose, and help the people who created her, just as the legend said. The satisfaction of doing so was one emotion that she welcomed.

Her purpose itself though, or rather not knowing what it was, had been causing her problems. That, along with not knowing who she was created by, often kept her up at night. As with sadness and rage, even though she tried her best to shake these feelings off, she was unable to. This was her reason for seeking the Well of Wishes. Hopefully she would be able to wish for some answers about herself and her history.

Like many other towns, a familiar looking building had familiar boisterous atmosphere about it. From outside the building's walls she could hear shouts, cheers, crashes, and clatters, all playing over a background of loud chatter. The Champion Forum, as it did in other cities, would be able to provide her with sustenance, work, and perhaps some of the information she was seeking as well. As she approached the entrance, Obsidian looked up at the weaponry mounted above the grand doors. She gave a momentary bow, having learned from a chapter in a different city that the equipment above the entrance of the Champion Forum buildings had been wielded by former heroes and great public servants. After paying her respects, the woman stepped into the chaos contained within the building's walls.

Her attention was first caught by the crowd around the fighters' ring, and the sound of blows landing ringing out with cheers and jeers. She remembered at the former Forums she had visited people becoming invested in these fights, especially if they had coin on the line, but Obsidian herself never took interest in watching the sport. The few times she watched she tried to pick up some of the techniques the fighters were using in the match, but found the environment too distracting for her to properly study them. She also considered what it would be like to partake in one of these matches, whether it would be enjoyable, and more importantly, whether it would play some part in fulfilling her purpose. Providing people with enjoyment was a form of serving them, after all.

Her gaze shifted to the bar and tables, where other patrons were indulging in meat and mead. Although the food looked appetizing, she didn't feel herself hungering at the moment, so instead her opal-like eyes shifted elsewhere. The blonde's attention was caught by a large board with several axes wedged into it. There were three wedged by the blade side by side in the center as well as one laying on the ground to the right. She noticed four individuals standing a small distance in front of the board and approached, assuming they were the ax throwers. She took in the appearance of the other players: a man and a woman standing tall, even taller than she was, and another man and woman of average height, standing slightly below her own. The taller couple had a look of aged wisdom, but had a strong, youthful, and capable energy. The other two looked to be younger, but just as resourceful, if not a little cunning. Her eyes returned to the axes, and she felt the desire to chuck one of her own into the fray. Part of her felt conflicted; even though it would be enjoyable, ax throwing competitions weren't one of the reasons golems were created for. Another part of her though, suggested it would be serving her purpose if she could provide a challenge for the others to overcome. That would lead to a more enjoyable experience overall for them.

With that, her mind was made up. "Mind if I join?" she asked, before taking a moment to conjure up a small throwing ax made of stone in her hand. She swiftly sent it flying forth, and watched as it smashed through the one sitting to the right of the ax in the center. "Darn..." she muttered, having been aiming for the center.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgYo startled at the stranger's reaction to her. Was she that scary? But he was also a person of scales. And this lodge was full of people. Her brows furrowed in confusion as thoughts went a little wild, a finger rubbing across one of her horns in thought for a quick second. Her glimpse caught a person whose skin reminded her of gemstones walk in, but she paid them not much else of a mind.

His introduction brought her out of her thoughts, so she made sure her face was as gentle as she could make it. "I'm Yo. Would you like to join me and a friend of mine to watch the fight that's taking place?" She pointed in Lorrin's direction behind her with her thumb. Her golden gaze scanned Liam's markings more, trying to remember what those markings meant in her readings about the south. She could remember they might not be a good thing. He didn't seem like Dragonfolk, and not only that, his fear of her had told her he wasn't after her. So there was no reason to be weary of them.

"I'd like to make friends while I'm here, and I'm sure Lorrin wouldn't mind either." To Yo, she understood that Lorrin wanted his name spread out; therefore, he would love more friends. This was her thought process anyway.

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngAfter her throw, she smiled over at Bjorn after his words. "Planning to keep at it."

Freya watched with amusement as axes began floating in the air. She quickly realized it was Leóne's doing. Watching how the axe sat in his hands and the way he set his weight, she knew to back up and be out of the way. She could tell that this was a weapon not suited to the rogue. When he shouted out his warning, she covered her mouth to hide a stifle a laugh. She watched as the axe clattered to the floor, and she couldn't hold back any further. It said a lot about a person who could laugh at their own failures.

Next up was Gwen, so Freya checked her stance out. She had a pretty decent idea, it seemed, on how the weapon felt. She didn't seem a stranger to it. She cheered for Gwen as she hit the other side of her husband's axe. As she was about to go pull the axes off the board, she noticed that someone else seemed to be squaring up to join. She quickly stopped herself so she wouldn't be in range of a missed throw.

She took in the sight of the stranger; swarthy-skinned with pale hair, and it appeared as though they summoned their own axe. Looking on curiously, she shrugged at the question of the stranger. The axe, now that it was stuck in the board, having destroyed the lodge's axe, seemed to be made of stone. Determining everyone was done throwing axes, she retrieved her axe, sticking it to her belt. She took Bjorn's and the stranger's axe in opposite hands. Walking up the the stranger, she offered their axe back, handle-first. "Aye, that's a good arm you've got there. Elemental magic?"

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
1592783141168.png Liam timidly starting to calm down some due to the fact she didn't start demanding him to leave. His head coming out of his coils as he looked around, no one was calling him a freak here unlike those in the city causing him to relax some. He slowly and bashfully revealed his torso to her as she spoke to him with a gentle expression. "A-As long as y-you don't make me leave..." He timidly replied as she invited him to join her. He wasn't one for fights and wasn't really interested but she was being nice so he nodded to her. "J-Just d-don't go back on your words s-since I'm an exile..." He said as he looked away as she scanned his markings. He hated them, he wanted to rip his flesh off so it would regrow normally... but they were magic. They would never go away without a powerful mage dispelling it or something similar. Hopefully someone who was also searching for the well would be able to remove them for him. "I-I'm also trying to make friends..." He responds with a blush due to embarrassment. "W-Why do you accept me e-even with these marks..?" He finally asks confused, most people recognized his marks and chased him away... why didn't she?
Taigakitt Taigakitt

Pozou Artith
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaaltari)| Interactions: OrWangatan OrWangatan (Pelea), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou couldn't help but cock his head at Kiel's explanation of how there were several who look similar to him and his people around the world. He supposed humans were quite similar to one another in many ways, but he was curious as to what made them different from the rest of them. Fangs for teeth? ...no, watching him speak, he hadn't noticed a peculiar set of canines. Was their anatomy inherently different? Not on the outside, physically, but perhaps internally. He struggled to think what was a defining feature about Kiel that would set him apart from other humans. Perhaps it was a question to hold for now though, as he had to introduce himself now, at least formally.

"You probably already gathered, but I'm Pozou," he said with a smile and a gentle nod. "A pleasure to meet you, Kiel."

As conversation continued, he couldn't help but feel the sudden weight upon his person. Glancing to the side, he noticed the someone staring in their direction - he assumed them to be a man, but was always careful with assuming where masks where concerned. He shifted under the gaze, moved his eyes back to Kiel, who had noticed the same staring, and waved at him. Pozou stood, glancing at his hands, wondering if he should return the same gesture, or smile, or acknowledge him in some way. He felt his cheeks warm and his flustering rising, and opted not to do anything about the stare at all. Ignoring him was possibly a terrible thing to do - and quite rude, he imagined - but in all honesty, the weight of gaze intimidated the Quetzola. Time with what others regarded as the scum of the seas hadn't improved his courage.

Conversation had picked up again, where Pozou had learned yet another interesting fact of Kiel's tribe; the use of maps was non-existant, almost foreign to them. He nodded along in earnest, smiling. "I see...well, it's not uncommon, using the stars to navigate. Pelea uses that skill as a navigator herself," he proudly said, looking to his sister with a smile before returning his gaze back to Kiel. Though, yet another strange tidbit of Kiel's culture arised, and Pozou couldn't help but ask, "Oh? Why is that? I don't think I've ever heard of not travelling the next day after something like that..."

Sir Erik the Tall
ser erik the tall.jpgSer Erik.jpg

Gods what a fucking mess of a place. He most certainly regretted coming in here in the first place, though, he supposed, any alternative would have likely had piss-water for their drinks, and that just wasn't going to cut it. He truly hated how all the places with the best alcohol put the worst strain on his threshold of irritation. But at least there was alcohol he supposed... maybe only a few tankards of strong ale wouldn't be enough. Setting a bit more coin on the table, he filed through his grand library of memories concerning the better drinks of establishments such as these.

"Oy, keep... when ye get a moment, I'll take that strong mixer ye got over here... that Swill stuff..."

Erik grumbled under his helm quietly, mocking the name of the drink as he turned his head ever so slightly. He could practically feel the glares, now, like a cold dagger running gently across the back of his neck. The masked figure from earlier was practically spotlighting the bunch of noisy fucks around him... and he was included in that gaze it seemed. He noticed another young lad, clad in silky garments you'd find on a desert princess, which was... mildly strange... but not too unusual, especially in a place with plenty of traders from gods-know-where, though this hardly seemed like the kind of town that'd be forgiving on such attire where the weather was concerned. The fancily-garmented lad offered a kind wave towards the masked man, essentially solidifying the cute-but-dumb stereotype. He noted that, right after, the little bird fellow noticed the masked figure as well. More importantly, the little bird opted for doing his best not acknowledge them. Certainly a better move. As he waited for his drink, Erik spoke again, as low and quietly as he could with a voice of such low pitch that may as well have just been the hum of a furnace, as he leaned towards the birds and their new acquaintance from a different land.

"I'd not acknowledge that one, if I were you. Too shady... Might as well skip the middle man and sell yer own organs if ye'd want t' try that path."

Erik kept one hand free and close to his leather utility belt, specifically not far from his throwing axe. He doubted that, if the masked fellow did have any ill-intent, that they would act on it at this moment, but Erik'd been wrong before. But if the masked fellow had just been gawking at the knight, Erik would have thought significantly less of it. The towering knight wouldn't be surprised if the stranger heard the statement of distrust, but a reaction would only further solidify such a perception. Deeper in his mind, Erik admitted how satisfying it would be to simply push his thumbs into the eyes of this creep. He always held particular spite for the continuous existence of people who thought they were so sly, but he supposed it would be hypocritical if he simply rebuked the entirety of rogues in the world. It was simply a matter of too many complexes that had inconvenienced Erik's day-to-day living, as exampled by the piss-ant when he just walked in to the establishment.

Erik subtly absorbed the rest of his surroundings. His use of sight was minimum, but he could single out conversations and the like. Use context clues and educated guesses. Though he did still ever so gently turn his head for the occasional look-see. Certainly a place for all types, here. Mountain-folk. People with the partial hides and bodies of reptiles. Some kind of elf, he guessed? And along with the current company of bird-folk, desert dwellers, and all-too-shady... things... well, he supposed it was a popular lodging, after all. It was all to ironic that, out of place as he was, the one individual he felt most like himself was the one individual he didn't trust in the least. Certainly said something about his self-reflected opinions, he supposed...

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg
Kiel Shan
"As with you!" Kiel turned to the male avian sibling when he gave his name. Like with his sister he gave the man the same bowing of his head.

When Pozou went on to mention that Pelea also navigated using the stars, Kiel's light blue eyes lit up. "Is that so? How wonderful! You'll have to tell me what your kind call the stars and constellations on a clear night! Or do you use the same names as the rest of Centos? It's odd, because all the other tribes have unique names for them, but it seems outside of the desert people all seem to be in agreement on what they're called..." He had an inquisitive look on his face. That was the case for the people who were in the major desert cities as well.

He gave a confused look at Pozou's question, as if genuinely wondering why someone would ask a question with such an obvious answer. "Why... because there'd be no way to tell which direction we're going," he responded. Despite the expression on his face, his tone was not condescending. "It's a sign from the sky that it's unsafe to travel. That's why the sky has covered up our means of navigating." He of course knew people outside of the desert, and even those living in the major desert cities, did so anyway, but assumed they knew that they weren't supposed to and were willfully going against the sky's wishes. "... Do most people... really not know that?" If that was the case, from Kiel's perspective, people were unknowingly risking their lives.

The light-blue-haired man had noticed another person who was nearby, the tower of a man clad in a suit of steel armor, had turned away to the bar for a moment and returned. Kiel turned to him with a curious look as he spoke, giving a warning about the masked individual who had just passed them by. "Sell my organs? Why would he be interested in buying them?" The naive question was asked in a genuine tone. "From what I can tell, he seems to be perfectly able-bodied... although I suppose he could be missing an eye or something behind the mask..." Kiel had been raised to only take what was needed, and share what he could with those more in need, but he didn't feel like he could part with an organ at this point in life. He had only recently left his home in the sands, and would need every bit of the body he was born with in order to truly take in what the world has to offer. "Unfortunately I don't think I'd be willing to sell any organs right now, but I suppose I could try to help him live a good life even while missing an eye or something! Maybe that will help him be more outgoing and seem less shady, although I didn't really see him as anything like that..." He gave an innocent smile. Perhaps this iron clad man who towered over him was just better at reading people than he was.

RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Arcanist Arcanist

Last edited:
Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgExiles weren't unheard of for Dragonfolk, but the way they were branded was different than his seemed to be. Yo figured he wasn't Dragonfolk, though. She tilted her head the slightest bit, "I don't like to break my personal promises." The way she worded it could be seen as funny. After all, she was "promised" to another, but she was breaking that. That promise wasn't her own.

She held her hand out to him, particularly for him to grab, "As long as you're not a Hunter or plan on taking me back home, I'll accept you." Back West, Hunters were absolutely terrible, and Horned Ones, like herself, had to be weary of them. From Liam's words, it was easy to infer his marks meant for his race that were in exile. She wondered what he could have done to get exiled- he seemed a bit skittish. Was he some secret monster? Yo was slightly fascinated, but as long as he didn't hurt her or Lorrin, she would like to be friends. Maybe a good defense for herself would be to make as many friends as she could? Friends meant connections and, at least word-of-mouth protection from anyone searching for her. She couldn't doubt that her family may have sent someone looking for her.

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (1).jpg

Above many loud observers, the northern man shouted louder and found humor at Leóne's expense. Honest words about 'worst throw ever' were laughed out, and apparently young northerners would destroy him when tossing axes — which was no problem. Knives were the true test when mentioning ranged weapons. They were even between blade and pommel, allowing smooth and centered rotations around a balanced center. Leóne was unsold on axes even when defended by the older man, but arguing blades was a worthless endeavor. Mountain people enjoyed axes more than Leóne enjoyed Gwen's questions, and her close body language. He was captured and matching posture he leaned her way, eager to answer good questions with entertaining answers!

"Maybe you're right and there are answers out there, but I've scoured texts, asked historians, spoke with desert shamans.... no one has answers or even cares. Some people call me crazy when ask them! Once I was kicked from a museum for arguing with the curator about what I found in Almas! They launched me from the front door with air spells!" laughed the rogue, enjoying mead before adding -- "Whats inside is anyone's guess. There could be ancient technology, divine secrets, treasure, or absolutely nothing! The fun comes with the unknown, like coming here tonight and meeting someone mysterious like you..."

Alcohol around women was dangerous. Leóne found himself opening up and other lodgemen were becoming background characters who blurred gray. But then booming words and a slap across the back snapped the spell and the rogue was back to reality. Bjorn was asking about elemental magic which made sense. Mountain groups were known for strong backs and large arms, not casting spells from ancient books. Looking over at the northern man, Leóne raised his own glass with another wind current before explaining "Aye, changing the air can do many things. Learned that trick down south from a local. Those people run strong with elemental magic like forest and... apparently stone elves? Leóne was equal parts puzzled and welcoming. Stone elves were exceedingly rare around Centos, but they were good company and so Leóne added a happy "You're welcome to join us traveler! Our only rule is you must get extremely drunk!"

Sarahspn Sarahspn EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
1592868429521.png Liam timidly took her hand with his own, unsure what to do now that he had a hold of her hand. "H-Hunter... I-I'm not a hunter... I'm just an exile... because I'm a freak..." He says recalling how his own family branded him and threw him out for his snake body... why... it wasn't his fault. He shakes his head and returns to reality. "W-Who's you're friend... i-is he someone w-who is fine with f-freaks?" He says, his nerves still taught despite most of his concerns being waylaid.
Taigakitt Taigakitt

rp.jpg

Gwen nodded at Bjorn and smiled. "Thank you. I still have much to learn though." She laughed a little. She turned to Leóne and saw that he was leaning closer as well. Her cheeks turned red from the mixture of alcohol and her forming crush on the handsome rouge. She bit her lip as she looked at his face, taking note of the sharp features. She brought her drink up to her lips and drank while she listened to Leóne speak of his attempts to find answers. Gwen began feeling the affects of the numerous drinks she's had and her smile grew bigger. She wouldn't drink this much on a normal night, let alone in a tavern full of strangers but making conversation with such an attractive man was worth it. She watched as he used air currents to lift his drink and listened to his conversation with Bjorn.

"While elemental magic is fun, you can move anything if you try hard enough. With a bit of education too, of course." Gwen set her drink down and a sly smile appeared on her lips. She lifted a hand and snapped her fingers, swiftly moving Leóne and his bar stool closer to her. This left the two with only inches seperating them. Biting her lip again, she let her mind wander. Glancing down at his lips then back to his eyes, she yearned to kiss him. Her thoughts were interrupted when a new voice spoke up. She reluctantly turned to the voice and took in the person standing there. She instantly recognized the girl to be a stone elf and watched as she used elemental magic to create a small axe. She learned of stone elves in her studies but never thought she would see one in person. Gwen frowned as her axe was destroyed by the newcomer but shrugged it off. It belonged to the tavern anyways. She picked up her drink and smiled at the girl.

"Of course you can join. Mind if I ask your name?" Gwen asked, finishing her drink. She couldn't help but let her eyes turn back to Leóne and her heart fluttered once she realized how close they actually were.

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
1592887029831.png Bjorn smiled at Freya and her comment. His attention was soon grabbed by the stone elf asking to join. "With a good throw like that come and join us!" He says laughing heartily as he downs another pint like it was water. "Never found much interest in them fancy museums. Closest thing we have is the recorded tales of our ancestors. Mind demonstrating that there fancy magic to bring our blades back?" He asks the rogue curiously before his attention was once again drawn to Gwen. "You're most welcome, but you'll be able to hit an enemy which is what matters." He says before watching her draw Leone to herself, he started grinning mischievously. Freya wasn't given much time to react before he pulled her into a deep kiss. He pulled away after they enjoyed themselves and he patted Gwen and Leone on the back, more gently this time. "And that's how it's done, your turn."
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

DarkElfFinal.png
Obsidian
A familiar annoyance welled up inside of her when one of the men referred to her as a stone elf. Like the many times she had done in the past, in her mind Obsidian told herself to calm down, and that getting upset was not her purpose and would not help her fulfill it.

"I'm not a stone elf," she calmly replied. "I'm a golem." This was a line she had spoken as much as an actor did dialogue from a script.

Despite the misidentification, Obsidian was pleased to hear all of the members in this group being very welcoming. "Thank you," she responded to all their genorosity, although the one man's caveat of getting extremely drunk was a new expectation for her entirely. After a silent moment of thought the woman responded, "If it pleases you."

When the taller of the two women retriever her axe from the throwing board, Obsidian took it with a nod of gratitude. "Indeed it is." Taking the ax was more a gesture of politeness it seemed as one the stone weapon was in her hand it crumbled into rubble with dropped to the ground before disappearing.

"My name is Obsidian," she answered the shorter woman before the topic changed to magic. "Pleased to meet you." It seemed at least two of the four had the capabilities to harness it as well. From the looks of it though, they couldn't be elemental beings like she was. Perhaps purpose was not magic-related then, if people could commonly grasp it.

The display of affection between the larger couple caught her off-guard, and she turned to the other two as well, who the larger man was now looking at expectantly. She couldn't help but wonder whether or not something like that would be expected of her. Or was it considered taboo for a mortal to be intimate with a magical being? Some of the legends she had heard detailed that, while others told of mortals and magical beings mingling anyway.

"You mentioned tales of your ancestors," the woman said to the larger man, hoping to move things away from this strange ritual. "Would you mind telling me about those? Specifically, was there anything about golems? Or the Well of Wishes?"

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngFreya had heard Leóne's shout about the rule to join them. She felt it was just he and Gwen that were at that point though. She wasn't feeling a thing from her drinks. She liked the taste, and liked how it could warm one from the inside; she didn't drink to get drunk. How quick alcohol, and grandparents, can make couples of people.

Noting the stranger introduced themselves as a golem named Obsidian, it was slightly curious. She'd not seen one that looks like the them. And of course, their axe had crumbled in her hand, her polite gesture all but rubble now. She didn't have much time to think on it when she went to stand beside her husband, readying his axe in her hand for the board, before Bjorn grabbed her up.

She hadn't paid too much attention to Leóne and Gwen to know they were super close and flirting harder with each other, so Bjorn had caught her off guard. She snuck Bjorn's axe back onto his belt as she returned the kiss. Even if she was surprised, she'd still respond to him.

Once he'd released her, she stood there, face beet-red. She wasn't against public displays of affections, and she could still get her breath taken away from him, as was evident to her silence. It was a second after they'd broken off that the display was for the "budding couple."

Knowing Bjorn would be more than happy to oblige the self-proclaimed golem in their questions about their stories, she at least answered the Well of Wishes part after clearing her throat, "There is going to be some sort of gathering of people to go looking for the. Like a lot of the world, it appears in our stories as a fairy tale, with a lot of the same information. We're waiting for that person to announce themselves," she smiled before continuing, "I'm Freya, by the way. My husband is Bjorn."

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgAs soon as Liam had her hand, Yo immediately started walking where she knew Lorrin was, whether he was ready or not. She was so excited for Lorrin to meet his new friend, Liam! As her excitement buzzed in her head, evident on her face as well, she looked at her new friend at his nervous words.

"I've seen many types of people in the West. You're not a freak to me." She beamed. Dragonfolk come in many shapes and sizes, and depending where a province was in relation to the capital, depended on how one would be viewed on their features. Not to mention having met the Matugna before during some strange time. She had not spotted the one in the lodge. She wondered where he was from.

"Lorrin is about to be a famous adventurer! He helped me across the sea when I needed it, and helps lots of people!" She giggled as she moved along, keeping Liam's hands in hers as she approached Lorrin.

"Lorrin!" She waved her other hand in the air, then using it to point at Liam. "Your new friend!" She already felt Liam was her friend- after all, he claimed to not be a Hunter. Once she'd be close enough to not really have to shout, "This is Liam." She puffed her unimpressive chest out in pride.

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith Pik Pik

Lorrin Yumi
hINOK6W.png

Tags: Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

Lorrin wasn't really paying attention to what was going on in the bar he was already engrossed in some of the more minor fights in the bar. Even taking a few small bets around the spectators he was playing with a few gold coins in his hands definitely more than enough to pay for his meal and a few nights stay here in town. He would then look over at Yo a new friend? Well at least shes get acquainted with the locals hopefully she doesn't even in the with the wrong crowd with that naivety. Wait 'Your?', He looked over at There new friend a half-snake person he doesn't look like a bad person seems a bit scared of everything, he can only imagen the state Yo pulled him out of he's probably terrified out of his mind right now having to talk to a group of strangers out of the blue. Well, I might as well try to make him feel comfortable. He held out his hand for the stranger "My names Lorrin soon to be the greatest adventure You?" Nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back