• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

Bjorn could work on opening impressions, but soon the northern man changed gears and second ones were rather wholesome. Despite massive size and obvious strength they were happy..... doting grandparents? Seeking souvenirs for grandkids seemed random, but good advice went beware of elders working where young men die, and Leóne assumed they were strong comrades. Respecting experience he expected greatness and drank along while Freya mentioned evidence..... aha! Leóne loved speaking about discoveries but exchanging names before conversation was custom. Looking towards new comrades the rogue drank before casually saying "Leóne Locke of Stowfort" while cheering his glass.

Knocking back several more ounces a happy glow surrounded the rogue, before finally explaining "I've seen relics from the first age with their impossible obsidian carvings. Some mention legends about the well, existing before the first age began. Some call those stories nonsense but to me the question isn't does the well exist? But does the well exist anymore? Maybe? Maybe not? Been thousands of years but if we find it and if it works? Well you could buy your grandkids an empire"

EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg
Kiel Shan

Two years ago Kiel had started heading north from Meridian. The dry, hot terrain became more cool and lush with each passing day. Many of the people he met were similar to those he knew while traveling with his tribes in the sands, but with each new tavern he stopped by he noticed some subtle differences. Upon reaching Eastwatch, Kiel decided to change course and head west, fearing if he kept going north he would eventually find weather too cold for comfort. He knew it wouldn't be for at least three or so years with his pace, but a man could easily get lost in his travels. That seemed to be the case when the twenty-two year old turned to once again go south after arriving at Stone's Throw. Following that path had led him to Whaleshell Port.

Upon stepping into town, the light-blue haired man immediately took in the scent of sea salt. The ocean wasn't a common sight for him, but during his childhood there were trips made from Acre Mayab to the seaside with his fellow tribesmen. The familiar scent brought a smile to his face as it brought up memories of splashing in the sea. He had heard that Whaleshell Port didn't necessarily have beaches as much as piers for ships to dock and fishermen to reel in the catch of the day. Still, perhaps he can find a nice spot to soak during his stay.

As he continued into town the man had a dainty stance and light step, almost as if he was walking on the light breeze that blew past and caused the silk garments he was wearing to sway. The sound of the pyrite coins dangling off of his attire and from his earlobes clanged together lightly to make a chiming sound. One would need to stand right by his side to hear it though, as it seemed to be completely drowned out by the sound of debauchery taking place in a nearby building. Upon coming closer he was able to identify it as the Champion Forums, the local chapter here at Whaleshell Port. Since he was here, Kiel figured it was as good a time as any other to find work. He also felt a light rumbling in his stomach, but due to growing up in scarcity and frugality it was a feeling he was able to easily ignore.

Walking up to the entrance he quickly sidestepped a couple of men who came rushing out. One, a blond with a bloodied face, was being cared for by his redheaded friend. A slight frown stretched across the dancer's lips. He was familiar with the violence that took place in these establishments, though made sure to keep his distance. Upon entering he noticed the large crowd filling up the walls. There seemed to be people of all shapes and sizes partaking in various activities, whether it was gambling, gaming, or imbibing in food and drink. It also seemed to be about the time that a duel would take place, so he was sure folks would be rushing over to the ring any moment.

The pale-blue-eyed man reached into the pack he carried and pulled out a small pouch. He opened it up delicately to view how much coin of actual precious metal he had on him before looking towards the bar. On the way there though, his eyes fell on what was for him a never before seen spectacle. Two figures, looking to be part human part bird, stood just across the distance with an extremely tall and large man and a masked figure. He put the pouch in his hand away and instead pulled out a necklace, which boasted large feathers of various colors among with some polished rocks. When he made these with his mother he couldn't have imagined what bird could have dropped these, but now the obvious answer seemed to be they weren't from birds at all.

His fingers ran over the delicate feathers, stopping on a brown one as his head lifted. It seemed to be a perfect match. He quickly made his way over, nimbly stepping around any one standing in his way or passing by until he found himself in front of the group, facing the two avian folk.

"These... These must be yours!" His voice was soft and soothing but his tone was one of awe and eagerness. He moved forward to take a hold of the taller avian's arm and ran his hand gently down to the tip of his wing. He lifted it up to compare to the brown feather on the ornament held in his other hand, and his eyes lit up even more. "Yes! It's a match! These are yours!" He looked up to meet the feathered man's eyes with a face of glee.

RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Arcanist Arcanist The Regal Rper The Regal Rper OrWangatan OrWangatan

1591837797574.png Bjorn nods to Leone as he tells him his name. "Well I've seen a few relics like that, couldn't read the damn things before so I'm surprised you can Lion. There was a dispute over one of those in the last big battle we were in, over a thousand died over some small trinket... it was the size of this mug. Strange what people fight over but I can't argue when we're gettin paid for it." He says with a chuckle. "They don't need an empire, I just want to ensure that they're able to live life to the fullest. That's all a northerner will ever need." He says with a grin as he gestures to himself and Freya. "Just like us, HAHA!"
Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt

Lorrin Yumi
hINOK6W.png

Taigakitt Taigakitt

"Fame fortune I'm mostly out to make a name for my self. I was in the west seeking rumors about some powerful artifacts, I was hoping to bring them home to gain some recognition but much like our well here those rumors where false." Lorrin took another bite looking around it was definitely odder crowed then normal. Bird people dancing couple from the north an armored man who just poped that man's head like a cheery, ...... a knife juggling jester? Definitely a strange crowed, he focused his attention back on Yo. "It's probably another rich kid or some farmer who is setting up some sort of expedition under some hunch, these tend to happen once a month and nothing ever really comes out of them."

rp.jpg
Gwendolyn finally arrived in Whaleshell Port after days of traveling. Looking at the water, a small smile graced her lips. Water always made her feel closer to home. Not necessarily the house she grew up in but the college she attended. She saw posters advertising to find the wishing well and made her way to the Champion Lodge where the announcement would be made. After a few minutes of walking through the port town, she came upon a large building full of life and laughter. She walked through the tall doors into a room packed with people of multiple origins. She looked behind her and paid her respects to the the broadswords. Her teachers always taught her to respect any relics in taverns. Turning back forward, her eyes scanned the room and found another advertisment. She walked over and read that it would be announced on the combat stage, looking around she spotted the centered stage across a sea of drunkards and gamblers. Seeing as she had to wait for the announcement, she made her way towards the lodge bar to grab a meal to eat. Gwendolyn sat on a bar stool and looked through the menu. She ordered seafood and a beer, thanking the bartender with money. As she ate, her ears perked up to the words "wishing well". Continuing to eat her meal, she carefully listened to the strangers question the existence of the well.

"If it didn't exist, why is it still talked about today? I mean it's the third age and it's said that the wells origin is the first age." Gwendolyn spoke up, shooting her eyes towards them. She sipped her beer and thought about her wish, smirking at the thought of it coming true.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
Freya Hamrammr

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
FreyaCrop.pngFreya decided to kill the drink she had. She wasn't sure what to think about Leóne. She wasn't upset about him having dropped in on their conversation earlier- in fact, the more the merrier to converse with was great! What was the point of going into a lodge, besides finding a job, if one didn't make friends while doing it? Of course, one still had to be careful that they didn't make deals with devils.

Bjorn went on to explain a big battle they had. Those were fun times, and it had paid well too. Nowadays, money wasn't really a thought on her mind. She felt that they had done enough to earn being able to relax. Some might say adventuring isn't relaxing, but hey. She smiled, still unsure what to take about the well. Either way, they were going to try and join this expedition.

Another voice had dropped into their conversation. As before, the more the merrier. Freya beamed, "Some fairy tales are beloved, but you speak a point, Deary." Setting her empty mug on the counter, she asked the bartender for two more by sticking two fingers up. One was for Bjorn. She set some money on the counter. "Your name?"

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgYo had quickly finished her meal by now. After all, she had been starving. It was just the right amount to make her feel content, but not over-doing her tummy. She wouldn't want to make herself sick. "I'm sure you'll come across something! I'll help!" She put her fist up slightly, in an excited way. By helping, she had meant that she'd spread his name for him. She didn't want to just invite herself to his travels. She had bothered him enough by now. Now that she had food in her system, she was ready to start living this area. First, the music. Different kinds of instruments were playing, but she had been watching others dance. She wanted to try it. She had even noticed some couples try. Maybe after, she'll go watch the fight that she noticed people making bets on.

She stood up once Lorrin would be finished with his meal, almost tripping her foot over the bench. Quickly righting herself, her face began shining. A re-energized Yo was ready to have some fun. She removed the salty, crusted cape off her shoulders, folding it up, and discarding it into her bag. She had on a two-piece outfit made of black silk. She made sure to wear something suited for traveling, so her arms and legs were free to move as needed, although the outfit still accentuated her small bust, curving into a voluptuous hip.

Yo lightly bounced on her heels, holding her hand out in invitation, "Lorrin! Come dance with me. Maybe you can show me any moves you know."
Mentions: Pik Pik

Pozou Artith
Mentions: OrWangatan OrWangatan (Pelea) | Interactions: RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 (Erik), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)​
Porou 2.jpg
In anticipating the worst in this situation, Pozou had noticed - and very well smelled - the ale that had been spilled and dropped all over the man's gambeson. Had Pozou been the type of Quetzola stereotype to lay eggs, he'd have dropped several at his talons by now. Every moment that passed waiting for this man's reaction led his imagination to run too wild. Perhaps he would lift Pozou, chuck him across the tavern in a feat of pure strength. Or maybe he would dunk his head in the waters just outside, or worse, drown him, and watch his body anchor itself to the bottom. He waited, and grew more anxious, more fearful under his gaze. Pozou cowered when the man raised his hand, not a word spoken, and squeezed his eyes shut and made a pitiful squack when the hand landed on his head.

Pozou was sure the man could feel him trembling, and he continued to, waiting for further reprecussions for his mistake. But none came. Rather, he realised the hand on his head wasn't even that heavy on his head, and it was balled into a fist, not a grab at his head. He glanced up at the man in confusion, though, flinched against as his voice rumbled. The Quetzola offered another meek, apologetic smile, and nodded his head in complete understanding. "Y-ye-yes, sir. I-it won't happen again..." He felt his words tumble out in a sigh of relief. He was sure the encounter took five years off his lifespan, but either way, he was relieved to see the other side of it.

Pozou turned away from the man and back to his sister, about to rebuke her for her sneaking up on him and scaring him like that, only to be attracted by a soft voice beside them. He turned his head to find a man, dressed in garments clearly not native to here, and was about to answer him, only to be caught off by him taking his arm, his fingers brushing through his feathers and down the tip of his wing, making him shudder all the while. It was rare that anyone touched his wings. Most people knew that it was a general rule not to touch the wings of a Quetzola, with some such as his colourful distant cousins, the Vavari, outright detesting anyone who dare lay their hands on the feathers they had taken much time to upkeep. Granted, most Quetzola weren't so prudent. Pozou had been taken quite by surprise, and his discomfort could be gleaned in the squirm in his face.

Instinctively, Pozou snatched his arm away. Though, he felt the need to justify his sudden gesture, and he sheepishly admitted, "Sorry, I...I'm not used to people touching my wings like that. It makes me uncomfortable." He couldn't help but rub his arm afterwards. Only when his eyes lingered around the man did he notice the feather that he was holding up to inspect alongside his wing. He had remembered hearing something about believing it was a match to his wing. A stray feather was no surprise; a Quetzola losing feathers was normal, perhaps not at a vast amount, but they could fall out and drop somewhere at any time. As Pozou took a closer look at the feather, he blinked, and then hummed. He glanced back up at the scantily clad man.

"I can see the similarities, especially with how dark it is on top, but..." Pozou presented the inside, or rather underside of his wing, and he indicated with a sharp fingernail, "you see, the underside of my feathers are almost creamier in colour. The underside of the one you have seems to be almost pure white. I think it has a sharper shape too, almost like the tip of a knife. I suppose mine are similar, but the tip tends to be rounder on them..." He lifted his wing up a little, almost to inspect it himself, but then remembered himself, and smiled at the man with some understanding. "I think you're mistaken. But an easy mistake to make too, I'll admit."

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

Only when the other snatched his arm away did Kiel look up to see his face. The expression of discomfort changed the look of confusion he had on his own face to one of remorse. "Oh... I'm sorry," he said in a genuine tone, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

He continued to pay attention as the man went on to examine the features on the necklace and point out the differences. "Ohh..." Kiel said with a slow nod. His light-blue eyes moved up to meet Pozou's before he noticed the (literal) bird of a feather next to him. "Maybe it's hers then," Kiel suggested. He was about to reach out to take a hold of her arm as well, but after the interaction he had just had with Pozou flashed through his head he pulled his hand back.

"I'm from The Dead Ocean," he explained. "My tribe and I would travel through there and around Meridian and Acre Mayab, and on our travels we would find these feathers. They're too big to be from any birds I've seen back home, or any birds I've seen after leaving for that matter, so I always wondered where they came from. I guess even if I still don't have the exact answer, I know that even if they aren't yours or hers, they're one of your relatives'!" A pleasant grin stretched across his face.

"Here. I hope this makes up for the trouble I've caused you,"
he said, parting the necklace over and around the man's head and letting it rest on his shoulders. "Maybe you can find who these feathers belong to, and give each one back. I know your friends and family won't have much use for them now, but I think the feathers themselves will be happy to be back home."

Kiel took a step back to take a look at the winged man with his new adornment, and let out a contented sigh. "So do you and your kind often fly over the deserts? Speaking of which... what are you two, exactly?" His eyes shifted innocently between the two.

Arcanist Arcanist RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 The Regal Rper The Regal Rper OrWangatan OrWangatan

Lorrin Yumi
hINOK6W.png

Tags: Taigakitt Taigakitt

"Dancing in a place like this?" Lorrin says out loud but then looks right up at Yo. And just seeing her energize body moved around excitedly made him crack. "Fine just this once I'll dance with you." He gives a light smile taking her hand and going over to the stage. "I can't promise you a perfect dance but ill do my best to try."

1592011679520.png Liam slithered into town, his face covered with a scarf to hide his red cheeks as he got strange stares from everyone around him... he just wanted to get to the tavern where he heard the quest was going to start... but hte burning stares caused his head to hang as he made his way there. A few shouts calling him a freak and monster resounded through the street... he was used to them by now but it was still disheartening. He just wanted to pile up a bunch of blankets to hide under like he could in the desert but that wasn't an option here. He continued his silent and mentally arduous trek to the tavern before peeking his head in after taking off his scarf and trying to find the people he would be working with... but he didn't spot any and he was too nervous to think of what to do next.
(Someone help the snek)

Last edited:
Pelea Artith
1592019138680.png
How exciting it was to meet another foreign traveler! Pelea had so many questions for him, like what kind of tribe did they come from? What rituals do they have? Do they sacrifice people? Pelea had always wanted to meet someone who ritually sacrificed people! Well, in a safe perimeter, of course. Touching someone else's wings was a form of bonding. Family members, close friends, and partners would preen each other's feathers, and remove a small wax casing. This allowed newer feathers to grow, and was just generally good for cleaning. It took a bit of trust, so Pozou's reaction was very understandable. Honestly, she would have done the same thing.

It was neat how he had Quetzola feathers on him, but they couldn't belong to her village. She stared at the feather for a few seconds. "It's not ours. It looks like it's from a larger Quetzola. Maybe from one of the scavenging nomadic tribes. And as for my brother, he's a bit...shy. I'm Pelea. It's really nice to meet you." She tipped her head forward; a customary greeting in her village. Pelea turned her stare to her brother's new necklace. It was a really pretty necklace. If there weren't feathers on it, it might be something mates would give each other. "Well Pozou? What do you say?" She teased. The girl had no idea if they would actually try to reunite the "owners" with these feathers. If anything, it would just be a lot of work for little pay off.

The younger sister turned her head to scan the tavern again. The same faces as three minutes ago. Who'd of figured...with the exception of one new face. A scarf covered his face. "Oooh how mysterious." His enigmatic aura gained a whole other level when she saw his legs. Well they weren't legs. It was a snake's tail! Literally just the second half of a snake, glued to the first half of a human. "That's so sick!" She said out loud, unaware of whoever heard her. Wait. Quetzolan folklore told tales of our reptilian ancestors. Was this guy an ancestor? Did that make him less evolved? What really was evolution? This guy looks like he has a gut, but Pelea had seen enough dead snakes to know that the second half of a serpent also had a gut. Does he have two guts? Too many intelligent thoughts swarmed her brain and she hated it.

Instead of thinking for a second longer, Pelea turned right back to her brother. "Well, we're Quetzolas. While my brother and I aren't from the desert, I wouldn't be surprised if there were desert villages."

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Arcanist Arcanist

Another person was among them now, joining as Leóne had several moments before — by overhearing keywords. Eavesdropping was rampant around southern taverns these days, and honoring nosy local customs the rogue noted how strange Gwen seemed around champion lodge members. Beside barbaric men and wo-men she was misplaced. Most young people were here seeking booze, binge eating and maybe bedroom entertainment, but she sought none of those based on adventurous appearance and more serious demeanor.

Leóne was interested. Plus she asked history questions which gave the rogue another ahaa moment of happiness! One academic school made him come across as smart — ancient curiosities and legendary devices. Leóne was eager to answer more questions, but turned eyes toward Bjorn first, joking out "You see? Eavesdropping is a southern special! Knowledge keeps you breathing around these ports... unless you piss solid gold for security!"

Watching reactions the rogue sipped his drink smiling, movements smoother than his southern slum cadence, and glancing towards Gwen he added "People love talking about making dreams real. Some dream about money, others about power or bringing back the dead.... some dream about happy grandkids too I suppose" nodding the northerners' way before asking the younger woman "What about you then? What would you ask for eh?"

Leóne was curious about motives and dreams, about what people wanted more than anything. Nothing gave better insight into who people were.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
7CF19B58-7098-4505-B1B9-9EBC37FEC678.jpeg
Gwendolyn smiled at the woman, taking note of her beauty. Her face didn’t tell of her age but her wisdom did. She noticed the man sat next to her and assumed he was her husband.

My name is Gwendolyn. I’m from the Lunar Islands. May I ask your names?” Gwen introduced herself, getting out of her chair and walking towards the small group but keeping her distance. She looked over at the brown haired man and smiled at his comment of eavesdropping. She leaned against the bar, taking another sip of her beer. She pulled her hood down, revealing more of her blonde hair before speaking.

Eavesdropping is frowned upon where I come from but it’s needed when you’re in a strangers land. Especially if you need to find something. Or someone.” Gwendolyn added, brushing her hair behind her ear. She laughed a little at the rouges question and set her drink down on the bar. “Wouldn’t you like to know? You’d have to work a little harder than that to learn my secrets, southerner.” She replied, sending a wink towards Leóne.

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
be85ed7d2d0c93180a150f87cd89592f.jpg Bjorn happily kills his drink and begins savoring the one Freya ordered him. He chuckled at Leone's joke. "Nothing to learn about this old man that hasn't been heard before. But I bet you hat I can still kick enough ass to clear the room." He says as he watches Leone chat with the newcomer. "Youngster already got the hots for ya, make sure ta keep your belt tight." He says jovially as he teases Leone. "I'm Bjorn and this is my lovely wife Freya. Lunar islands eh? That's a name I haven't heard in nigh 15 years. How's the old bastard running the place doing? And what brings such a pretty lady off those isles if I may ask?"
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgYo had shrugged slightly, "Why not? There's music!" Once on stage, she honestly didn't know how to dance to the music. She more or less bounced around, trying to match anyone else. She was a master dancer of two-left feet. But that didn't matter, because it was meant to be fun. She wasn't one to care if she was embarrassing herself. It didn't cross her mind if she was embarrassing Lorrin. She would attempt to follow his footsteps, following anything he would show her.

Once the song was over, her golden gaze had glanced at the entrance, seeing a slightering of scales. At first, she felt a start rush through her. She hadn't noticed too many people of scales here, so she had instantly thought that they might have been here after her. Once she had gotten a better look, she realized that she didn't recognize the person. A wave of relief washed over her.

"Hey, Lorrin. I'm going to go ask them to join us in watching the fight." She was referencing the reptilian being that had entered the lodge just recently. She scratched her scaled cheek, "Ah. That is, if you want to even keep following along with me. What do you want to do?" She smiled.

Mentions: Pik Pik EldridSmith EldridSmith

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.png
"Bah. Strength can keep you alive too." Freya said her words with a smile on her face though. Not many would think about attempting a fight with two rather large northerners. The weapons were no joke either. She nodded when Leóne mentioned the grand kids. "Aye, well, our blood deserve it. Their grandparents are no joke." She laughed heartily, grabbing her husband's hand with a squeeze. She wasn't someone to downplay her own strength, nor Bjorn's.

The young woman's features were pretty, and hearing Gwen was from the Lunar Island, Freya wondered if the woman used any magic. Freya wasn't a magic user in the slightest. She never thought about trying it. She was focused with physical weapons growing up anyhow. A pale brow rose slightly, seeing the interaction between Gwen and Leóne. She chuckled with knowing as Bjorn provided the teasing.

She looked over at Bjorn, a teasing glint in her eyes, a playful tone to her voice, "Ah, leave them be. Young love only lasts as long as a person is young."

Pozou Artith
Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Liam)| Interactions: OrWangatan OrWangatan (Pelea), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)​
Porou 2.jpg
Pozou smiled at Kiel's understanding. Most people would have kept poking and prodding at the bird as he found many people to do in his travels with those blasted pirates. He appreciated the man trying not to touch his wings again, even if he made the slight blunder of trying to touch Pelea's. He listened to Kiel's explanation of where he was from; a tribe amongst the Dead Ocean, hence him finding and accumulating so many feathers. Needless to say, it piqued his interest. At least the one good thing being away from home and having to slum it out with pirates was that he could meet so many new people, with different backgrounds and stories to tell. It seemed Pelea shared the same opinion, and could tell she was bursting with questions to ask Kiel.

Pozou turned to Pelea, an irksome expression playing on his face at her comment of his apparent shyness. "I-I'm not shy! Just...never the one to start conversation..." His protests turned to a low mumble, before turning back to Kiel. By then, the man had gifted Pozou with the necklace, suggesting perhaps each one of them could be returned to each of their owners. The Quetzola glanced down at each of them, already beginning to pinpoint what types these feathers could have originated from. He looked between both Pelea and Kiel, and he smiled a little. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt...seeing as we're travelling anyway." Sort of, kind of. Pozou wasn't so sure he would be able to return all of them, but at the least he could try and make that promise to Kiel, who tried to make it up to the error of his ways.

Pozou eyed the person who had entered, or perhaps slithered in was a better way to put it, and of course, his presence was alerted to by his sister. He had shot her something of a disapproving look, one to tell her to keep it down, but she seemed caught in her own thoughts once again. Though, he had to soften his expression when she turned back to him again, and explained to Kiel what they were. Pozou smiled and looked back to Kiel again. "Exactly. A lot of us are scattered in certain areas across Centos. Though, Pelea and I are from a set of islands below where the College of Arcane Arts is located."

Lorrin Yumi
hINOK6W.png
Tags: Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

"sigh you don't actually know how to dance, do you?" Well, this is going to be a bit embarrassing, it seems as though Yo has never danced a day in her life. he could feel his face getting redder with every wrong step her foot took every time one of his own feet got stepped on. It brought back painful memories from back when his younger sisters all ways tried to get him to dance with him. They would all ways start out like a child learning how to walk and then end as the most beautiful performance you've ever seen, which is typical for his perfect siblings. "Take two steps to the right now left there you go your getting it now." he would continue to instruct her during there dance maybe in the future Yo would remember this advice and make her next dance partner feel less embarrassed.

After there dance Lorrin would be going to watch the fights maybe even join in on some of the bets being placed when Yo asked him about having another join them. "If you like I don't mind if as long as they are a decent person. And Yo I can't believe I'm saying this if you want to stay with me for a bit you can. So don't feel like your bothering me."

Vaal of Jata

Ntwe kwaka would have been what he said, but the manner in which he would have said it would have been clearly perceived as a response to the giant's rude gesture. If not rude, downright disrespectful. A disgusting action that in old times would earn your hand cut off for performing the gesture to your senior. Though that was a hiccup he'd long since forgotten it was just as easy to forget that a nagwai like himself still had a lot to learn about a continent like this. And so to Erik's wanking gesture, the hand in which the 6ft 4 loosely robed and armored man used, faltered and then dropped to the side.

Vaaltari's approach however did not cease. As filthy as he might see that insulting physical remark, he was not about to dignify it with a response. The man was a giant, looked like he could punch any of the surrounding walls hard enough to break it partially or dent, and frankly speaking as his ideal standard was- he had no interest in being kicked out.

So, Vaaltari let Erik's crass nature go free, and instead focused on the finer things. Like the two predators and the human chatting- as well as the sort of drink the crass giant drank.

To his eyes when the...female? Yes, she had those things- breasts? Yes, Vaaltari reasoned. The instruments of maternity. To his eyes, given the direction he was coming from- circling just west of the exit, he thought the two siblings had glanced at him- before glancing away. A common reaction, one he ignored. His kind did not frequent Centos, or the Southern region of Almeos if he recalled the name right. But when he turned his head behind him to make certain, just in case he had not been mistaken- he caught sight of another anomally.

Another descendant of a predator. The Suukunaga Serpent- and one of its legendary choldren- here. Oh, how spirits travelled far and wide with their carnal desires- Vaaltari turned his attention away from the naga immediately- as with experience he knew the impoliteness of staring. Instead he focused on six seats away adjacent Erik- a couple feet away from Pelea, Pozou, and Kiel; sitting just far enough that he passed them by and gave the duo of Quetzola a glance while giving the human with interesting garbs a passing stare.

"Ale please." He slid some coins over- glancing Erik's way. "Thank you." He added, turning his head away- and looking at the Quetzola duo just beyond Erik's back.

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36

Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Arcanist Arcanist OrWangatan OrWangatan

Leóne was pushed back from surprise, were they serious? Words about young love flew around and the younger woman was winking already. Instant escalation was happening in the most unexpected way, but was the rogue complaining? Absolutely not! Eleven months among Bedouin Tribes meant eleven months around shrouded women -- ones more attracted to palm trees than Centos men. Not to mention the punishment for sleeping with desert maidens! Venomous thorns were rammed under toenails, and then offenders were abandoned one hundred miles from the nearest oasis. Some men survived walking from the Dead Ocean, but most passed away from harsh desert conditions while wondering was this horrible death worth the action? And any sane person would answer fuck no are you kidding me?

Leóne was mostly sane, so his extended stay came with severe dryness that continued after leaving. Coming home over ocean routes meant several weeks with grizzled men and three extremely strange older woman who worked aboard the ship. Everyone on board lacked crucial vitamins, essential minerals, hygiene products and brain cells. None made good conversation. None were good looking people. Most smelled like burnt swamp rats. Bunch of odorous bastards! Leóne was happy seeing them depart and everything was back to normal, except his rusted nerves. He knew something smooth was needed against the awkwardness now hovering above his head, but what could he say?

Leóne planned on downplaying the couple's teasing words, embracing young love comments would go poorly when dealing with complete strangers. Coming across as some beige square-minded cement block was not a good alternative though, white knights were the most frustrated warriors for a reason. Meeting somewhere in between, he leaned back against the bar, half-smiling with amusement. Taking another crisp draft, Leóne looked between new friends, and after a second to gather he casually went "Yes well... I'm one short from thirty so my days of young love are running low. But getting to know good people? Enjoying the night and having a good time? Having one too many drinks? I can get behind that!" and returning Gwen's wink he played her dangerous game.

After a moment he turned toward the couple, laughing out "Troublesome pair you two are eh? You northerners have a brutal honesty about them, refreshing around these parts!" and although nothing poor was meant by the comment, northern tempers could run high and Leóne wondered about the mountain people behind happy eyes. How far could one prod them before blades were drawn? Hopefully nothing would drive them toward violence, the rogue enjoyed peace when possible, but curious thoughts lingered anyway.

Sarahspn Sarahspn EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
rp.jpg
Gwendolyn laughed a little at Bjorns comment and turned to face him and his female counterpart. "It's lovely to meet you, Freya and Bjorn." She smiled, slightly bowing her head. "Ah, you speak of the King! Alas, he is still alive and mighty. He's grown old but doing well since the last time we spoke." Gwen answered. A part of her wanted to brag about her connections but decided against it, fearing she would reveal too much information. She had to remind herself that there is always someone listening and they never have good intentions.

"Not many people leave the Lunar Islands. I'm lucky enough to have the skill set to survive in this uh.. interesting land." She explained, looking around the dirty bar, a slight grimace on her face. "Anyways, once I finished school I got bored fairly quick and seeked an adventure. Why not start with an old, powerful relic that hasn't been seen in literal ages?" Gwendolyn laughed, picking up her beer to sip on.

She grimaced at the taste but continued to drink. Being drunk interfered with her magic use so she tended to stray away from consuming too much. She glanced over at Leóne and a small smile snuck onto her lips. She caught his returned wink and her smile grew bigger. She wondered how hammered she could get the rouge in order to learn some of his secrets.

"Quite a charmer aren't you? I dont even know your name so how about you and I share a few drinks and get to know each other?" Gwen asked, putting one of her gloved hands on his upper arm. She gave him a flirty smile and turned back towards the couple. "So what's this talk of the wishing well? If I read correctly, a group is forming to locate it?" She asked.

Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
be85ed7d2d0c93180a150f87cd89592f.jpg Bjorn nodded in agreement with Freya and heartily laughed with her as he drank his mead in gulps. His hardy constitution and countless years of drinking the healthiest alcohol around made his tolerance abnormal, if not inhumanely high. However he couldn't help but stare at Leone with pity. "I was married to the loveliest woman in the world at half your age! You two should settle down and have some kids while you can!" He replies with a well meant but heavy slap to Leone's back before the compliment was sent their way. "If you can't say something to someone's face then it isn't worth saying! Not going to complain about your elders having a bit of fun now are ya?" He says with a boisterous chuckle. "Glad to hear the old bastard is still doing well! I'll have to take the grandkids to meet him after the journey. It's been a long time since we saw him and his wife... hm is it 10 years now dear? Eh no matter since the battle of eventide we won't be forgetting about each other anytime soon. Remember his face when we hurled part of the broken mast through the pirate ship and sank it dear? Ah still priceless." Bjorn says as his laughter echoes through the tavern. His attention soon returns to the two people beside him. He smiles and passes two strong drinks over to the two with a grin. "Consider this an old man's contribution to a budding family." He teases happily, recalling the days of his youth.
Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgYo had noted the redness in Lorrin's cheeks, but she wasn't entirely sure what it contributed to. Knowing better than to ask every question that floats across her mind, she let it drop. She was grateful for what Lorrin had shown her during the dance. Maybe she'll do better next time. And she did take his instructions to heart- even if she sucked and felt it was for fun, it didn't hurt to learn new things.

Her next mission would be to talk up the person she was referring to, to see how they were. Her cheeks flushed a tiny bit, mostly from the dancing, but also at when Lorrin had said she could hang out with him for a bit longer. She felt like there weren't many people who could handle someone so ignorant of a place, so she was relieved. "I appreciate you!" She put her hands on each side of Lorrin's face. It was something she liked to do every once in a while. More often than not, it happens when she's overly-excited and wanting to physically express her gratitude.

Bringing her hands back to herself, Yo turned to face the door of the lodge, "I'll go talk with them. I'll keep an eye on where you're at so I don't lose you." She smiled. Of course, if he chose to follow her to talk to them, that was up to him. She knew there was gambling going around for the fight, so her stepping away could give him a chance to place his bets if he was inclined in that direction.

She slipped around the crowd with an ease that was somehow not prevalent when she was dancing. She'd seen hints of what could happen to her if she were to bump into the wrong person, so she was being more careful. She pulled her hair off her shoulders, moving stray strands away from her face. When she had gotten closer, she could see just how long this person actually was. She noted that the only scales seemed to only exist on their lower half, unlike herself. There were also markings that resembled something she'd read about the southern continent- she couldn't remember though. She bounded close to them, happily shouting, "Hello!"

Mentions: Pik Pik EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.png
Freya killed the rest of her drink before speaking, "Don't take your thirties for granted young'ins! You could still do a lot at that age." Of course, it contradicted what Bjorn had said, so the two could take whatever they wanted out of it. Herself, she felt if someone was making the most of their life, then they'd have plenty of stories to tell. She set her drink down with a thud onto the counter. Like Bjorn, alcohol didn't have much affect upon her. With them having grown in the north, alcohol was often a great way to warm one's insides up nice and toasty.

Her head nodded in agreement with Bjorn after Leóne said some words that could have fanned fires in other northerners, "Can learn a lot about someone with how they handle honesty. I'm too old to care if someone cares about what I say," she laughed, waving a hand in a dismissive manner.

She tilted her head at Bjorn's explanation of one of their battles, looking back fondly on it, "Ah. I recall his eyes about bugging out of his skull." She watched as her husband passed some drinks to the 'lovebirds,' noting that Gwen mentioned not knowing Leóne's name. She nudged said man slightly with her elbow, "He probably forgot 'cause how pretty you are! He's Leóne."

Gwen's latter question about the wishing well had Freya thinking back to what she had read on the paper. "Mm, from what I recall, someone is supposed to announce it here. I remember it saying something about gathering a group."

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith Sarahspn Sarahspn Jet Jet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back