• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | An epic fantasy adventure! [Closed]

Jet

Uncultured

WW

Legends speak of ancient caves below distant peaks, hiding something incredibly powerful known as The Wishing Well.

Drink from waters clearer than crystal - your wishes' granted but only a single! Every tavern bard knows the famed phrases, ones echoed by salted fisherman and witch doctors, superstitious peasants and parents telling bedside tales... but not anyone reputable. The last academic paper regarding the legend came twenty years ago from Oliver Dewit, who ended his long winded refutation with "Anyone believing this rubbish should be immolated!"

His disrespectful paper smashed university circulation records and set the tone for discussion about the now infamous topic.

These days even potato farming peasants will call you stupid after broaching the subject, which says everything you need to know about public perception. However some delusional rich respected people support the losing position, and two weeks ago one contacted the local Champion Forumto spread the word about finding the legendary caverns. Leaving notices around Whaleshell Port, the guild has informed everyone from residents to passing mercenaries about lucrative employment under the mysterious contractor named Clive Beane.

But after two weeks of promotion his mission gathers little interest. People around the lodge mention endless drudgery and foolish dreams when asked about the quest. Doubting success they choose simpler missions, but one opportunity remains before the promotion period ends. One sixty second presentation during peak hours, where people can be convinced directly, but will anyone answer the call?

(Note - Champion Forums operate lodges inside most major cities. Every lodge provides basic equipment sales and repair, spartan accommodations, some very strong drinks and very cheap food. Another revenue source comes from potential employers who pay the lodge to spread awareness about their upcoming missions. After the agreed promotion period the employer receives sixty uninterrupted seconds during peak hours to pitch their idea and gather adventurers with promise of pay and plunder)

Port of Whaleshell

Available Races
(Btw you can create new races that aren't listed!)

1. Humans are the first race, any classic archetype can work so don't feel restricted when considering characters. This world is far from completed so you add what you want with your characters and build your own lore using the world map.

2. Savanna Elves are the second race, hailing from southern grasslands beyond the Dead Ocean desert. These slender elves are marathon runners that outlast through cardio endurance. Their long limbs make them strong runners with average heights hitting six-six for women and six-seven for men and they match height with incredible wingspan. During combat they excel with lightweight spears that pick apart enemies without allowing counter attacks. However their weakness comes from slender frames that damage easily when enemies close the gap.

3. Forest elves are our third race. Coming from southern jungles islands, these small nocturnal elves are extremely nimble and are the strongest magic users around. With midnight skin they have excellent nighttime camouflage and their vision through darkness is remarkable. However their small stature hinders physical combat ability as they stand four foot and eight inches on average. During daylight these elves wear thin layers across their entire body as protection against sunlight.

4. Syphid are the fourth race. Coming from below the Saltless Sea, these amphibious people evolved for underwater living. Syphids resemble people but their blue skin, webbed limbs and gills make them hard to miss. Syphids are similar to humans in combat but can breath underwater, and have handy temperature resistance.

World building and Lore

In my opinion, collaboration is very important. Every person who joins can make lore that tailors around their character including civilizations, unique locations, general regions, religions, customs and anything else you can conceive. Many named areas are open for custom lore with exceptions being Whaleshell Port, Stowfort, Inquisitor Academy, The Marsh Gates, Lunar Island and High Harbor. To put those names into context, here is the current map of our realm, known as Centos.

South of The Dead Ocean desert is the dry grasslands where Savanna Elves come from. Travel east from there and you'll find the tropic islands that Forest Elves call home. Far west of mainland is another continent that is open for any custom lore or backstory you can think of and maybe we could create a custom map for that too! Many named cities can be customized by everyone here, view them as open invitations for your creativity.

General World Information

Centos is a land of feudal states that trade blows for sport, every weekend there seems to be another war cropping up between squabbling city states. For two hundred years there has been constant conflict, which explains the glut of mercenary companies and swords for hire that flock as carrion birds around a carcass. Currently there are two open wars and three alliances throughout Corenthia, which I won't bore you with today unless you ask. What is relevant is the number of dead relatives, amputees, war veterans and people who have experienced loss. The realm has faced, and continues to face dark times.

Centos also faces disturbing issues with dimensional rifting. Before the first age a massive cataclysm took place that birthed magic into the world, but stability was traded away. From these cracks spawn creatures of great magical power that local forces and the Inquisition fight against.

Mechanics

There is only one mechanic needing explanation, magic and magic use. Spells require time and effort equal to effect, you cannot summon large spells without patience and vitality. Under these restrictions, most combat spells are quick moves that can do solid damage against individual targets, but you're not detonating houses by yourself. Only together can mages summon large attacks without huge individual investment. For example, battlefield mages usually work in groups behind front line fighters like artillery pieces from the rear, pouring their combined focus into large attacks that support infantry instead of working upfront as primary fighters. Not to say a mage couldn't succeed alone, but their terrifying power comes collectively instead. The only exception is Forest Elves who cast spells twice faster than humans because their connection to magic is much more intuitive and less scientific.

Now that you have the basics, feel free to hit me with any questions you might have about the RP an thanks for stopping by👍

Last edited:
You already know I’m in. But it’s polite to mention in the thread so yeah claiming a spot.

Okay so to anyone who might've seen this thread before I fixed it, sorry that it was scrambled.

Im a caveman

About some locations and possible character origins.

The continent is always warring so plenty of veterans and soldiers are around. Many have experienced the hardships of war, directly and otherwise.

Southern empire has many slaves so you could have an escapee. Their culture is wealthy but it's also an oppressive oligarchy. Many grassland tribes exist as well down south, and some mysterious folk who call the dead ocean desert home.

Mountain men are brutish fighters that raid along Northern cities and drink enough to kill dragons. They reside deep in Crag's Range.

People of High Harbor hunt sea monsters for sport and are an extremely insane lot. The best sailors come from High Harbor, along with the best ships. They also have the lowest average lifespan because of their dangerous pursuits.

Residents across the Stone Shores are depressed fishermen who live just south of the western ice sheets. Enough said really.

Lunar Island is a whimsical center of magic and has the college of the arcane arts. West of there is the less entertaining Inquisitor Academy which trains Inquisitor mages.

You've got the fort city of marsh gates which is hyper militarized and oppressive because of their strategic position.

Then there's the slick merchant town of Stowfort, which is the most wealthy and most populated city.

Last edited:
I'm so down. Could a play an harpy/aarokocra race?

Thankyou!

And this is actually very interesting, because another member made the same request. It would be very fun to have two members of a distant species join the party, there could be some connected history or maybe travel buddies? Also you two could work out the culture and the civilization's lore together.

The two locations I suggested for the avian race are the northern mountain range and the southern continent with its wide open planes and flat topped mountains. Though there are many other options for the location of your civilization. Also you could make your character come from a different place than the other character if you want something that's completely personal to your story.

Giving this thread a quick bump. We have a well sized group so far but another 2-3 writers would be nice.

So we've got a pretty big group here and I'll be making threads today. I think more people will be too many for something like this, so to anyone coming after this post, you'll enter into a queue. If anyone who has declared their interest doesn't join or leaves, you'll be given a spot.

I would encourage anyone interested to leave a reply anyway, I would imagine the first people queuing would get spots because interest check replies don't convert 100% into membership (fingers crossed that it does though)

Last edited:
Bumping because we have a couple extra spots open now and the RP is still in the starting scene. The RP has grown a lot from the information posted above, if you're a fantasy genre person you will probably enjoy the setting.

Last edited:
We could use one new member, maybe two depending on how things play out over the next couple days, with a user who is unsure about continuing. So far our RP has been absolutely amazing, and active both OOC and IC.

The main thing I ask is please be an active writer. The RP doesn't demand one post per day, but if you want to join, please want to post a couple times per week at minimum, with more than one liners. I'm not asking if you can post a couple times per week, I would like writers who want that activity level without feeling pressed.

The first person I accept from the interest check is allowed into the setup without any wait. The second person will enter a queue until I know for sure that we have two spots (unsure about the state of the second spot). Sorry to whoever that is but I need to wait a little before I can offer the second spot.

Last edited:
As a player in this RP, I will bump this for Jet.
This roleplay is hella fun, and everyone is very nice in OOC.
It seems like a lot, but it should be easy to get integrated and I don't mind writing up some summaries!

I'd be interested. Has any other player taken the spot? I'd need to write up a character, but I'm interested in the RP. I enjoy writing and do it for fun, not just in RP's but in stories I write for myself. I'd be a consistent writer.

Bumping. We need a couple new people after some tough losses to the player roster. The RP has been going for over a year and our page count is 35, so we're doing pretty good. If you'd like to hop in, comment here and I'll send a DM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back