• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Well, Hello!

xrakkax

Elder Member
Hello there, I'm Rum

I am pretty relaxed, flexible. Tell me ideas you'd like to try, but Fantasy is admittedly my strong point.

Lines/Limits:

o- I do not do lemons. (I used to, but not anymore) I am alright with writing violent scenes as long as they don't go on forever, and as long as both Characters are presented as they should be. Cussing is fine, as long as it's not excessive.

o- I am only comfortable with FxM romance. Also, romance is nice, and it's great if you have a character who you like a lot and want a pairing with one of mine. Just please know, this doesn't mean you sacrifice character development or plot, JUST to promote your one character. Most often than not, that one ends up being a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu, and I am not interested in constant fawning over them. Include ALL your characters with EQUAL attention as best as you can.

o- My thing is, if a Character would react/choose to do something in a certain way, then go for it. If you are unsure if you can do something, then send me a message on PM or my Profile. I'll respond as soon as I can, but I rather skype if you want to work on a story together.

o- Overpowered Characters are fun for you, but not for the person who is struggling to make sure their Character isn't blown off the face of existence, because they are walking on egg-shells trying not to upset your all-mighty Character. So, go for high if you want, but don't be surprised if there are issues.(Especially if two people end up both having Characters like that to play off each other. All that worry about who can kick who's ass, or if one Character would truly be able to kill another. Determination not to powerplay is quite helpful as well as negotiation and compensation.)

Time Posting:

Because of my work I am pretty free. Then, I go into Night-Owl mode, but I normally sign off before 12:00 am. Pacific time.

Grammar/Writing Style:

o- My abilities in this area can vary. I was never good at describing things the way I want to, how I want to. But I do my best to make my posts readable and cleaned up. My hope is that I will improve even more now that I am on this site.

o- I tend to mix up 'Form' and 'From'. This is infuriating for me, since I realized this sort of recently, and now I know there are posts out there that have this discrepancy.

o- Miss-spelled words can occur, as it is, I am only human. Don't fret if you do the same.

o- I do not like writing in the First-Person. I do the 'Third-Person' style. I use 'He/she' not 'I/Me'.

Time RPing: Started about November 28th, 2012.

Average Post Length:

Meh, I have done one liners when I don't have much to react to. On average I'd say a paragraph. I can write a whole lot, sometimes a page or two. Depending on the RPer, one could rather not have me do that, like someone I know, or like the other person, they might really look forward to longer posts. Do what you can, as long as it's relevant to the story and helps plot, with good grammar. Sometimes, even if the long posts seems frivolous, it can help with stretching your writing fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hullo Rum. Nice ta see ya around the threads. I might be in the market for a new partner, and you seem like you've got a nice head on your shoulders. I'm a fantasy buff with an enthusiasm for plotting and co-written stories (known around these parts as 1x1). I've got a wealth of preset plots if you'd like to see those, but I also love developing new ideas. If you've got any preferences or cravings, let me know. I'm all ears.

Ooo, I would like to see what kind of plots you have. I like to work on plots with people too, that's most enjoyable.

I have a few in my head, if you're interested.

There is a mystery one I'd like to do, involving a family secret. That's one off the top of my head, because there are others like writing the various perspectives. One example is that I had done a story involving five different people, all taking either side of a prejudice, for whatever reasons they had. (in that case, it was what sort of issues one faces if they are a vampire, in a world freshly introduced to them, but shortly after they settled in as being accepted as apart of that world) I had ones for and against, some poor, others wealthy. It was pretty fun.

What kind of stories do you like? Do you have your own do's and don'ts you want me to know about?

I'll PM you with plots shortly - they take up space and I don't want to text-bomb your thread in its infancy. :)

Mysteries are interesting to me, but that depends on how they're played. Are you going to keep the family 'secret' from me, or just the characters? Writing from various perspectives is a fun practice, and an excellent writer's exercise - I've never done an RP with a kept mystery before, and I'm terrible at hypotheticals so I have no idea if I'll like it, but I'll certainly try anything once. And taking characters from several walks of life and putting them together in one situation is always a blast.

I like adventure stories, for the most part; where characters have something they're working towards. Some mutual goal or other that keeps the story going while they're forced to interact with one another. In terms of dos/don'ts... I don't have a lot of preferences. I have no ratings limits (violence, swearing, sexual content), and though I prefer heterosexual pairings, I have enough homosexual and bisexual characters to be open pretty much anything. I'm terrible with history, so period dramas are a bit out for me, but I can muddle my way through given a show or book I can base it off of. Mostly I like the fantasy worlds, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back