• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome to the Rangers CS

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Skills/Abilities:
Biography:
Gear:

(y'all can add other categories if you want)

Last edited:
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
“Son of Bears”
[/div]​
    Toke Whiteblood.
    "The sky is dark and the hills are white. As the storm-king speeds from the north tonight. And this is the song the storm-king sings, as over the world his cloak he flings, 'sleep-sleep, little one, sleep' He rustles his wings and gruffly sings: 'sleep-sleep, little one, sleep'

On yonder mountain-side a vine clings to the foot of a mother pine. The tree bends over the trembling thing, and only the vine can hear her sing: 'sleep-sleep, little one, sleep. What shall you fear when I am here? Sleep-sleep, little one, sleep.'

The king may sing in his bitter flight, the tree may croon to the vine tonight, but the little snowflake at my breast liketh the song I sing the best -- 'sleep-sleep, little one, sleep. Weary thou art, anext my heart, sleep-sleep, little one, sleep.'

9da3d04101d01353f007a9925187b248.jpg
2ba7b89cfa69e208a67c6ecfe005022c.jpg
fb49a14fe7b0635445c2fb9b0aa8005f.jpg
eb7d325a484734f34803cac1cca81e29.jpg
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hover over big photo

Kasimir "Kaz" Volkner
"You know, my room is sorely missing a wolfskin rug... preferably from my former Alpha. Never mind the number of holes it may have in the end."

Race: Human (Ex-Were)

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 190 lbs

Appearance:
- Light skin
- Short, messy dark brown hair
- Eyes are different colors; his right eye (referred to as his "good eye") is a dark yellow color with small slash-shaped scars beneath it, and his left eye is a dark green color
- Moderately muscular build
- Lightly chiseled facial features
- Somewhat bushy mustache

Uniform: Kaz wears a long olive-colored coat that reaches down to his knees with a protective vest underneath, a matching set of olive trousers with a belt, black boots, and brown fingerless leather gloves. He also sometimes wears a furred hat on contracts where he travels to locations with colder weather. On the breast of the coat is a pair of patches as well as a decal depicting his rank. One patch is the Rangers' insignia, and the other (smaller) one is the Livonian flag. On his belt is a holster for a sidearm as well as a wide carrying case which contains spare ammunition for both his rifle and sidearm.

Skills/Abilities:

Enhanced Senses
As an Ex-Were, Kaz's senses of hearing and vision are stronger than those of a normal human. He is able to both identify his targets even in the dark and hear threats creeping up behind him unless they prove to be quiet enough.

Sniper Proficiency
Kaz is a crack-shot with his rifle after much practice, and he is capable of hitting all but the quickest of targets with ease.

Werewolf Expert
As an Ex-Were, Kaz is knowledgeable about werewolves, and knows such information as their preferred hunting grounds, the names of members of his former pack, and migration routes they might take at different points of the year.

Enhanced Bodily Regeneration
While not as quickly as an actual werewolf, Kaz's body can still heal itself at a somewhat faster pace than normal humans.

Born in Livonia to a family of gunsmiths who provided for their local militia, Kaz grew used to the sounds of marching soldiers outside his home and the townsfolk worrying about the vampires that lay dormant in their castles that loomed over the land. Silence, in that village, was a more rare and valuable commodity than gold or silver.

Kaz helped his parents to build weapons even at a young age, but before long the labor got to a point where he couldn't keep up with the work without nearly collapsing from exhaustion, be it from carrying heavy supplies or his family working late into the night.

After watching the patrols of the militiamen for long enough, Kaz had learned their routes and concocted a plan to sneak out of the house. Quiet as a mouse, he gathered a number of supplies, climbed out of his bedroom window, and left the village. It was only after an hour of his solo trek, however, before he grew tired and stopped to sleep against a nearby tree.

But, when he woke up, he was met not with the gusting of winds and rustling of branches, but with the stench of raw meat. Kaz was horrified upon opening his eyes as a huge man glared directly into his eyes.

"Hello." The man mused, moving his head closer as Kaz recoiled back, clutching his blanket. "And, who might you be, traveling all alone on this cold and blustery night...?"

Kaz shivered like a leaf, choking on his words. But, he managed to sheepishly utter his name: "K-K-K-Kasimir..."

The man laughed. "'Kasimir'. What a charming name for such a cute little boy. My name is... Asher." Then, he came up with a plan. He began to slowly pace around Kaz with a few of his associates. "We're not going to hurt you... in fact, we were just about to set out for a fun game of ours. You like games, don't you?"

Still understandably afraid, Kaz shook his head "yes" with tears in his eyes. "My... my mama and papa didn't... didn't let me play g-games. They made me h-help them all the time. It wasn't fair."

With a grin, Asher produced a bowl of dark red, ferrous liquid, something Kaz should have recognized right then and there as blood. "Then, would you like to join us? I see you don't seem to have a family... perhaps we could be your new family, then? You must be thirsty. Here, drink up..."

Kaz reluctantly accepted the drink, and upon taking a few sips, he began to feel... strange. His head felt light, and his consciousness faded away. Then, he heard the man speak just five more words:

"This won't hurt one bit."

Kaz had a vivid nightmare, a black wolf running through a black-and-red forest like something out of a painting, biting and ripping flesh from every animal it passed and leaving crimson splashes everywhere like paint on a canvas before turning to face Kaz and charging him. But, just before the wolf reached him, Kaz woke up, his heart beating at an incredible rate. When he came to then, the figures that once stood in various parts of the cave had suddenly all been replaced by wolflike monsters that stood on two legs. Before Kaz could even speak, Asher (now in his wolf form) said to him:

"Don't be afraid, Kasimir... you're one of us, now."

Kaz looked down at his hands, now transfigured into pawlike shapes. In a puddle of water on the ground he saw his reflection, and he couldn't believe his eyes. "This... this is me?" What stared back at him was a wolf-creature his own size. "What is this...?" He asked as he suddenly became aware of the tail emerging from his backside, wagging it slowly in amusement.

"It's part of the game, Kasimir. We're going to be going after bad people, even those people with long teeth you and your... former family... were afraid of. We have long teeth too, of course, but... we're the good guys. Come with us, we'll show you how it's played. Just, don't touch any silver. That's one of the rules."

Kaz followed Asher, clearly the Alpha, and his pack to a remote village in Lavonia, wherein they broke into houses and proceeded to viciously murder the residents inside. Kaz was horrified, but the Alpha kept feeding him excuses for why the humans needed to die as they kept doing this, and all Kaz could do was eat it up. Stealing, arrogance, hurting children, abuse of power... the list went on and on. It was not long before Kaz felt eager to participate in the werewolves' "game", and his time came.

The hunting pack came across an elderly man living all alone in a shack of a house, sleeping, and when asked to, Kaz, in wolf form, lifted his paw above the man's throat as Asher whispered to him, "Remember... he may look old and gentle, but he's meaner than he looks. He was going to shoot everyone in the village. You want to save everyone, don't you?" Kaz, baring his teeth, slashed the man's throat open as he gasped for air. Then, a sick sense of satisfaction suddenly came over him. Kaz attacked the man once again, and again, and again, until his entire chest was covered in a plethora of bleeding gashes. "Bad! Get out of here, you bad man!"

Satisfied with what he had created, the Alpha watched from a distance, a fiendish smile upon his muzzle.

Kaz stayed with the pack for many years, even into his young adulthood, and joined them on their hunts, leaving nothing but blood in their wake. He had seemingly forgotten about his old family and the work they forced on him. Being a werewolf was fun, he was kept well-fed, and everyone in the pack cared for one another.

Everything seemed rosy and wonderful... until that one fateful night.

On a hunt, Kaz was brought to a village in Lavonia that seemed familiar... a little too familiar. "Alright, who are we going after this time? A thief? A corrupt mayor? I want to know!" Kaz told the Alpha, who then replied, "A married couple. I heard they abused their son, made him work like a slave until he ran away from home. Oh, the broken heart he had... the tears streaming down his face as he clutched his blanket and food."

For the first time in a long while, Kaz was actually suspicious of a hunt target once again. An inkling of a thought formed in his mind, but he dismissed it.

How would the Alpha know such oddly specific information, though? This didn't happen before.

The pack arrived at the house, and upon making their way to the bedroom, they happened upon a husband and wife, soundly asleep. "Abuse your child, will you? Make him work himself to death, will you? Not anymore." Kaz quietly snarled so as not to wake them up. Raising his paw, Kaz prepared to strike the pair down. But, for some reason... there was a moment of hesitation. A brief one, but still a moment nonetheless.

Kaz cast it aside, and as he had done before, he viciously mauled the couple to death, silencing them before they even had the chance to scream. Satisfied, the pack left the house, but Kaz stayed behind. His instincts told him to follow his kin, but something was positively bothering him. Why did this one house create such conflicting feelings inside him? It was not long before he found his answer, in the form of a framed picture on their nightstand.

The picture depicted the couple and their children, and when Kaz saw the young boy in the picture, his fur stood on end.

It was him.

Memories suddenly came flooding back to him in a torrent, and what the Alpha had said before suddenly clicked, much too late for Kaz to do anything about it. Kaz stood over the bloodied corpses as tears streamed down his muzzle. He hugged his former parents once last time before setting off with the rest of his pack, but not before grabbing a rifle in his paw, the last one his father ever made.

Back at the pack's den, Asher saw Kaz looked very distressed and padded over to him. "What's wrong, Kasimir? Did you get a thorn in your paw on the way-"

"Shut up." Kaz hissed, cutting him off.

Asher was taken aback by Kaz's sudden interruption. "Ex-excuse me?"

Kaz reverted back to his human form, still clutching the rifle. "You heard me, Alpha Asher. Stop talking." His words carried a staggering amount of weight behind them, and even Asher himself stepped back. "I was a fool... a damned fool. You lied to me, you managed to convince me that ruthless murder is just a game." Kaz raised the rifle square at Asher's head.

Asher grinned. "I simply couldn't resist. I should have eaten you like the tasty morsel you once were, but I saw a chance, and I took it. No... I pounced upon it, even. I managed to wring every last drop of satisfaction from it. How did it feel, killing the ones who brought you into this world? Did you enjoy it?"

Kaz positively shivered as fire seemed to fill his eyes. He was suddenly pinned to the ground down by two werewolves. "Well, I suppose there's no point in keeping you around, then. Might as well do this now." With a ritual performed by every last member of the pack, Kaz suddenly felt weakened as his were-blood was stripped from him, leaving one eye still amber in color as a memento of his former self. Asher strode over to Kaz, and with a quick swipe of his claws he left three scratch marks beneath his right eye. "You're marked, Kasimir. Know that we are coming for you, next. There's nowhere for you to run to. Here... let us give you a headstart."

Kaz was then permitted to stand, and with a grimace he pointed the rifle at Asher again. "You... you son of a bitch!"

Asher merely laughed at Kaz. "
You can't kill me with that, you know. Our bodies heal themselves much too-"

"It'll still hurt, though!" Kaz cut Asher off once again as he quickly shot him in his right arm and dashed square out of the den with a chuckle.

"Don't kill him yet, I will want this to be a fair fight when the time comes. Give him time." Asher winced as he clutched his injured arm and his packmates came to his aid.

Kaz returned to his old house just as other residents of the village had left after seeing the grisly murder that had taken place. "At least they didn't lie to me..." Kaz said to himself, seating himself by the family's old forge. "I hated them, but... perhaps what they did was for my own good. I just didn't realize it at the time."

Rummaging through the various diagrams that were on file next to the forge, Kaz found one that showed how to make bullets for the rifles his family had produced. He scratched his chin as he remembered something Asher had foolishly told him before:

"Just, don't touch any silver."

"Silver, hmm? I wonder if..." Returning to his parents' bedroom (which, thankfully, had been cleared of corpses), Kaz remembered them talking about their money stash they earned from selling weapons, namely, silver coins. Sure enough, right under their bed in the floorboards was a large bag filled with coins that jingled as Kaz picked them up. 'Well, I suppose they won't be using these, now."

Kaz returned to the forge and examined the diagrams in detail. If he could melt down the silver... it just might work. But, considering he wasn't a metalworker by trade, he would have to find someone who was. So, he collected a few schematics and left the village.

From that point forward, Kaz was a wandering soldier. After all, there was little point in staying somewhere where the wolves would be expecting him to hide. He didn't have very much experience with his rifle, but that was about to change. In due time, he learned of a group known as the Rangers in the United Republic. It was a bit of a trek to get there from Lavonia, but he was willing to go the distance.

Kaz enlisted with the Rangers, who not only taught him how to better use his rifle, but also gave him an engraved combat knife, a sidearm, a uniform of his own, and minor amounts of therapy to help him get over his grief. As his sniper rifle and rounds were not exactly standard issue, Kaz also handed over the schematics he had collected so the staff could learn from them and supply him with fresh ammunition, provided they first make a slight tweak or two to allow the use of silver rounds. He earned the rank of Lieutenant, and acted as something of an expert regarding werewolves and their ranks.

With a new, true brotherhood on his side, Kaz's mission was clear. He would fight alongside the Rangers, and when the time would present itself, he could finally take the war to Asher and put him down once and for all.

Personality: In the field of battle, Kaz can be quite determined, and will do his absolute best to fulfill his contracts and win the day. He takes a minor amount of pleasure in killing his targets, especially werewolves (who he hates with a burning passion), an aspect of his personality that hasn't quite diffused out of him since losing his were-blood. That said, he also sometimes likes to joke around with his brothers-in-arms and lighten the mood, and enjoys talking over a good meal and drink. He is still haunted by occasional visions of the past even with his therapy, however, and can be annoyed somewhat easily if anyone dares to bring them up.

Gear:
1579458416600.png
Sokol Rifle
Kaz's trusty sniper rifle. On the left side of the stock are a number of small notches etched into the wood to count how many werewolves he's killed with it. This rifle is slightly modified to fire special 7.62x54 Rimmed rounds that are made of silver, powerful against most standard targets but even more so against werewolves. Kaz keeps his rifle stored in a back-mounted holster when it is not in use.

Combat Knife
Kaz's weapon of choice for self-defense at close ranges (such as when someone sneaks up behind him), it bears an engraving on the blade that reads "клык", which means "fang". It rests in a sheath that is strapped across his chest for whenever he may need it.

Sidearm
A standard-issue Jameson Pistol given to him "just in case". Kaz tends to not use it as much as his knife, but he still finds it useful every now and again for emergencies. It is stored in a holster on his belt.

Last edited:
Chaemin Su
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 9.40.49 AM.png
Race: Human
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 165 lbs

Skills/Abilities
Firearms Knowledge:
Chaemin knows a lot about firearms and the smithing of them. She can dismantle and put together any human made weapon in a minute. Sometimes less.

Sapper: Chaemin got her knowledge of structural engineering and degree while studying in Minjeong which she then applied to her time at the RSS as a combat engineer. She has a deep understanding of structural systems and the effects caused by outside factors such as weather, natural phenomenons, and explosions. When she became a sapper, Chaemin learned a lot about explosives and how to utilize them, notably mines.

Biography:
Chaemin was born in Minjeong and lived with three brothers and her two parents and her lineage derived from a family of blacksmiths. Her father inherited the blacksmith his great grandfather owned and they've kept on the legacy of the smithing mostly weapons. Chaemin and her brothers learned all about how to work a forge and how to make the best weapons. When firearms came into prominence, Chaemin's family studied gunpowder and the weapons that used them, mostly small firearms and he was contracted by the Imperial government to oversee the production of weapons for the Imperial Army. Eventually when the revolution started, all of Chaemin's brothers were drafted into the army despite her fathers threats to end relations with the Imperials who had contracts with bigger arms manufacturers in Tetora.

The Su brothers were executed for desertion and word was sent to the Su family the day after. As the Su family mourned, Chaemin's father started arms dealing to the revolutionaries while she was trying to get into higher education. One day when she was heading home from university, she saw imperial soldiers at her home and they arrested her father for illegal arms dealing. After that she and her mother never heard from him again. Chaemin, now feeling a sense of vengeance joined the revolutionaries. She assisted with weapon modifications, making her comrades weapons more suitable for different conditions which gave her an officer rank. She learned guerrilla tactics and leadership and lead many successful raids on imperial patrols and supply routes. At one point her unit crossed a squad RSS who were essentially a match for her and her shoulder got grazed as they tried to overrun her position. When the revolutionaries won the war, Chaemin returned to her life as a weaponsmith but when she came back, the new republican government had their own arms manufacturing infrastructure and Charmin was accommodated for her service. She and her mother were given a small estate in the country and she was able to finish her education. But she had a lack of fulfillment inside of her, that was until the RSS made contact with her.

A letter was sent to her asking her to enlist. She didn't know what else she could do given that her passion was with using weapons and tinkering with them. Her own government casted her aside so jumping with the RSS was no dilemma for her. She was asked in the letter to meet the recruiters in a discreet area, she was kidnapped by the RSS. It was standard when it came to recruiting on short notice. She was interrogated by her captors asking her name, where she was from, and if she was followed. Answering correctly got her into the RSS and with her past experience with weapons and engineering, she was made captain and was instrumental in instructing the RSS' sapper corp. Chaemin served as one of the RSS' most prominent combat engineers until the fall of Tetora and went home to Minjeong.

Her mother not knowing where her daughter was almost didn't recognize her when she appeared on her doorstep. They lived together for a couple months until she received word that the Rangers had established themselves and that they wanted her to return. Against her mother's wishes who didn't want to lose the only family she had left, Chaemin joined the Rangers in which she assured her mother she would write to her every chance as long with a bunch of sentimental pleasantries. Chaemin went to Nexus using the same rank she had in the RSS

Gear:
Chaemin doesn't have any unique gear and sports the Ranger Carbine and Jameson pistol
She also wears the standard uniform with the netted helmet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back