• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome to the Kajin-ya || Character Sheets! (status: currently open)

OOC
Here
Lore
Here

lonecoyote

Always Confused
original.gif
To Whom This May Concern,

Welcome to the Kajin-ya! On behalf of the staff here, let me be the first to welcome you to our little family of sorts. Attached you will find a little, survey of sorts. Please fill it out to the best of your ability. Remember, you've been chosen because I see something special in you, even if you yet to see it in yourself. Don't disappoint me.

Warm Regards,

Mistress Mitsuha
Owner and Mistress Innkeeper at Kajin-ya

Use whatever formatting you want! I love to see a good variety of characters who are special and unique!

Name:
Power(s):
Appearance:
Biography (optional, I hate filling these out sometimes, but if you choose not to disclose this, pm me so we can talk about how you came to Kajin-ya):
Personality (or just likes and dislikes):
Why Do You Want to Work at Kajin-ya?
What Brings You to Kajin-ya?
Would you ever eat a human?
Position:

Positions available:
Young Master/Mistress- will be Mistress Mitsuha's right hand. Over looks the keeping of Kajin-ya and has the authority that Mitsuha has. Soulless Soulless

Young Hostess- is in charge of the staff in terms of the room attendants, cleaning staff, bath attendant. Mooniee Mooniee

Front Desk Manager- in charge of welcoming guests and handling their experience and complaints. works hand in hand with the Young Hostess. Stale Biscuit Stale Biscuit

Chef- Ayakashi need to eat too. Nano Nano

Entertainment- between 2-3 people to keep the guests entertained through their stay. Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Human- Max of 2. How will you fare in the Hidden Realm? If you choose to play a human, pm me so we can go over the details. Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
If you have an idea, please let me know!

Last edited:
Mistress Mitsuha
4f6b7dbe88d4e0152b41c8945dd80afd_pretty-dragon-wallpapers-top-free-pretty-dragon-backgrounds-_1920-1536.jpeg

"Welcome to my home. I am Mistress Mitsuha. Owner and founder of the Kajin-ya Inn and Dance school. As well as Kajin Glassworks. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Name: Mistress Mitsuha, Mistress, or Mitsuha-douji (but rarely)

"Now, why would you go and ask me something like that? Is my age of any real concern?"
Age: She honestly doesn't know. She appears to be in her mid to late 20's

"I do look a bit like a normal human, don't I? *laughs*"
Species: Kirin

"I assure you, I am not as frail as I look."
Powers:
Photogenesis:
The ability to generate light
  • Flash: A quickly generated, extremely bright light.
Photokinesis: The ability manipulate light to suit one's needs.
  • Holy Shield: Light shaped into a thin shield or wall of defense.
  • Illusions: Light bent around an object or in a space to decieve the eye. The user of this power can make objects invisible or make things that aren't actually there. If the user conceals the object, the object still can be heard, have a heat signature drawn off of it, etc. so it is not completely indetectable.
  • Simulacrum: Light manipulated into intangible shapes resembling living things such as people, demons, and animals.
Healing: The ability to heal injuries. The amount healed depends on what type of injury and how severe the injury is as well as how fatigued the holy user is. Healing saps a great amount of energy from the user thus full healings are rarely preformed. Death is not reversible.
  • Numb: Dulling the nerves of the user and/or others in order to be incapable of sensing pain.
  • Purify: The ability to purify the body of illness, and toxins.
  • Calming: The ability to send the target into a mentally calm state.
Luck: Mitsuha brings luck to those she deems worthy, but can also take away any luck that person might have. Most think that this is a curse that she has put on them.

"It is okay to look at me, you know. W-wait, not like that! Pervert!"
Appearance: The picture is both of Mitsuha's forms. Her real form as well as her form to be able to interact with others.

"My story isn't too interesting, sadly. You might get bored."
Biography: Mitsuha is the Kirin of legend. She was born from legends and wishes of the people of Japan and China. She's not really a demon, but if she's not a demon, why is she in the Hidden Realm? Well you see, Mitsuha is from the Eternal Realm, but thanks to a misunderstanding against a high immortal being, she was punished to the Hidden Realm. Over her 400 years in the Hidden Realm she has grown used to how things are and built herself up and her reputation from the ground up. She used to be afraid of ayokashi, but now she's not at all. Ayakashi are actually not afraid of her and respect her in a sense after hearing stories about her.She was once married to someone in the Eternal Realm, but that ended and she bore no children that she has talked about.

Personality: Mitsuha is an elegant woman with every sense of the word. The way that she speaks to others gives off the aura that she is from nobility. Her voice is both calming and soothing and only changes when she is happy or angry. She is kind and understanding, only asking that her staff do their best and don't disclose information to outsiders about herself that isn't already public knowledge. She tries to keep her calm composure at all times, but even the most elegant of vases can break. When this happens it tends to be when she sees one of her employees doing/acting cute which causes her to pull them into a tight embrace and bestow praise onto them like an overbearing mother.

• Traditional Japanese clothing with a more modern human world flare
  • Sour and Spicy foods
  • Drawing/Design work
Dislikes:
  • Customers who challenge her
  • Ayokashi who only wish to cause trouble
  • Heavy rainfall
  • Leaving for days at a time

"Well, I do enjoy working out of my own home."
Why Do You Want to Work at Kajin-ya? She built the Kajin-ya from the ground, so it's common sense that she'd want to work and oversee the operations for it. This answer answers what brings her to Kajin-ya.

"I am not like the other beings in this world."
Would you ever eat a human? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Yokkai Girl 2.jpg"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Name: Nishio Ai (Family name first, given name second)
Species: Hannya
Power(s):
Teleportation-
Ai can teleport from one shadow to another. However, she doesn’t use this power very often because she hasn’t quite figured out how to pick which shadow she appears in. So while she can successfully go from the first floor to the seventh, there’s a strong possibility that she might end up in a guest’s bathroom if they have the light off.

"I don't see why my background is relevant to my work."
Biography: Ai didn’t have any memories of her parents as they had passed away when she was only a few months old. She didn’t have any memories of a stable family either - bouncing around from relative to relative, none wanting to keep her for more than a couple years at a time. With each house, she became more and more closed off. If they weren’t willing to even pretend to be fond of her, why should she? Besides, it hurt less when she was inevitably tossed to the next relative if she didn’t become attached.

Finally, the baton was passed to Ai’s aunt, Ume. While Ume wasn’t the kindest or most loving person, she served as a stable home. It wasn’t out of the kindness of her heart but rather due to the handsome sums of money given to her each month by Ai’s grandparents. Seeing these transactions every month, Ai was disgusted by her aunt’s greed.

Only a few days had passed since her grandmother’s funeral when Ume decided to rid herself of Ai. She was unfazed by the news of her eviction - expected it even. With a bland face and a quick nod, she packed her few things and left her home. Of course, Ai had nowhere to go so she wandered the streets, attacking humans both for food and for sport. That was until the Mistress found her. The woman exuded a motherly warmth that never experienced before and told her about an inn by the name of Kajin-ya, offering her a place there as an employee. The Mistress had told her that she could see that Ai wasn’t some malevolent oni but rather a kind girl who needed to feel wanted somewhere. That day, almost 18 years of pent up sorrow came bursting out in the form of sobs as the Mistress cradled and comforted the girl.

Personality:
Ai is a cold woman, boarding on earning the title of an Ice Queen. It’s not so much that she doesn’t care as she doesn’t let herself care. She fears that by getting close to others, she’ll only be cast out and hurt again. She makes sure to keep her distance from her coworkers, except the Mistress, of course. Even then, she doesn’t come forward with her worries if there are others around. Ai’s face has a constant blank expression - almost bored and a monotone voice to match. If for some reason, she is approached for advice, she attempts to answer in the most logical way. While she realizes this may not always be the best or most comforting advice, it makes the most sense to her.

While doing her job, it’s like a switch flips. The icy grimaces melt into a warm, inviting, smile. A monotone voice shifts up only a little higher to sound more bubbly. Acting like this was quite possibly the most important part of her work as a hostess. No one wants to be helped by someone who seemed like they couldn’t care less, after all.

• Keeping busy
  • The smell of fresh linens
  • Reading

Dislikes:
  • Showing vulnerability
  • Rainy days
  • Having to put her trust in someone
  • Redoing someone’s work because of their own mistakes
"I simply need a roof over my head and food to eat."
Ai felt that she needed to repay the Mistress for all the kindnesses she has shown her over the years, including taking her in. Plus, it gives her a sense of purpose. If she is kept busy with jobs, she feels that she’s needed in the inn.

“If the need arose, then yes. However, I would prefer not to.”
Ai has eaten humans previously, before being taken in by the Mistress. However, due to the Mistress’ strong opposition towards it, Ai refrains from doing so.

Position: Young Hostess

Last edited:
Name: Mikiko Utsukushii
Nickname: Kiko
Species: Yuki-onna [X]
Power(s):
  • Cold immunity: Power to be completely unharmed by cold.
  • Ice & snow Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the cold/ice and snow at will. The user can create, shape and manipulate ice and snow by reducing the kinetic energy of atoms and thus making things colder, for various effects and combinations.
  • Supernatural beauty: The power to be supernaturally beautiful and use it to affect others. [This however is not something she actively uses, it's not in her personality she finds if odd in fact.]
  • Cloud mimicry: The ability to transform into or have a physical body made up of clouds. In her case she uses it to turn into a snow flurry or mist.
  • Misdirection: The power to cause others to get lost. [another ability she has, but never uses.]
Appearance:
She has very long hair that at the top is an icy blue, but turns jet black. Her eyes are normally golden, but as she uses her powers her eyes will turn deep crimson red, and her hair will start to get wavier until it's almost like tentacles whipping around to trap it's prey. Also as she uses her powers the blue part of her hair will start to fade into jet black like the rest of her hair. In her normal state her skin is a pale icy death-like blue that's slightly transparent, almost like she's gotten frostbite. But she can create the illusion of a faint light ivory tint if she wants to. She's of average height, with a slender frame and nimble fingers and steps. She's usually spotted in light colored kimono's though she would like to experiment with human fashions.
Setsura.(Nurarihyon.no.Mago).full.1952246.jpgnurarihyon_no_mago_setsura_by_ioshik_d3hikcx-fullview.jpg
Biography:
Mikiko was raised like most yuki-onna on a snowy mountain with her mother. They lived in isolation which the occasional wondering or lost soul coming into their territory. Their survival through the mountain purely based on her mother's mood. Such a life was safe for the most part, but to her it was extremely boring. Not to mention she didn't particularly like draining wondering men's life force just for being unfortunate to make contact with her. Now if they were rude, or proved to be perverted she had no problem, and even enjoyed watching the life leave their eyes. After officially becoming a full grown yokai she decided it was tie for her to find her own way and path in life. Her mother was strongly against it, but felt maybe seeing how cold the real world could be would eventually bring her daughter back home.

If was chance that brought her to Kajin-ya. She was originally just a customer staying for the night. However after seeing all the other yokai that inhabited and came through her curiosity lead her to paying for night after night. She slowly started chatting up the staff and customers alive befriending them, while satisfying her curiosity to learn more and more about the world around her. Hearing stories of other travels was inspiring. Soon however she started running low on a way to pay for her room and instead offered her services as a trade for room and board. She could play quite a few instruments, sing, snow and ice magic tricks, and had wealth of stories she could tell to entertain customers. She figured she'd work long enough to save up and gain knowledge about the human world and them move on to them.

Personality:
She's a pretty carefree and free spirited individual. She comes off as very outspoken and and bubbly due to her insatiable curiosity. At least to those who bother to approach her. Due to her appearance, and in the past due to what she is people and yoki alike tended not to go to close. She tries to smile more so her cold appearance doesn't make people think she's mean or wants to hurt them. Despite being cold to the touch she's got a very warm heart.
She considers herself to be a very young yokai and she is, but she doesn't see that as a bad thing. She also considers herself a jack-of-all trades kind of girl since while she was still in isolation with just her mother she had plenty of time to learn and pick up tricks and trades. She would sometimes make deals with travelers that she'd set them free if they taught her something new rather then letting her mother devour them of their life energy, or letting them freeze to death.
She's not a big fan of the heat for obvious reasons or fire. She does enjoy peaceful encounters and relaxing, but she absolutely hates solitude and being alone. She'd rather sit in a room with someone and they are both doing their own thing, then sit in a room alone. She doesn't like silence either, but she can tolerate it. She'd much prefer to break the silence with music, or even go outside and listen to nature.

Why Do You Want to Work at Kajin-ya? "I want to break free from just living on the mountaintop and meet others. I want to see what the world has to offer, so the first step is this!"
What Brings You to Kajin-ya? "Before I can travel the world I know I need to know more about it and others who live in it, so I figured why not start with my fellow yokai and ease my way to humans. Also I need some money if I'm going to travel on my own one day, so I need to save."
Would you ever eat a human? "Ever is a strong word, but I'd try not to. It's not like I plan on it or anything."
Position: Entertainment through and through.
Extra:
- Her first name means Beautiful hope child

Last edited:
[class name=aspectratio] --mainbg: #0f0e0e; --accentcolor: #a92a2e; --mainbgreduced: rgba(15, 14, 14, 0.85); --mainimg: #a92a2e url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5b/fe/94/5bfe94e371298ee8b54825e6d5834598.jpg) center center/115% auto no-repeat; --textcolor: #949494; --textaccent: #bcbcbc; display: block; position: relative; z-index: 1; overflow: hidden; height: 0px; width: 100%; padding-top: 55%; background: var(--mainbg); font-size: initial; font-smoothing: antialiased; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Archivo', sanserif; [/class] [class name="aspectratio" maxWidth=1000px] height: auto; padding: 0px; [/class] [class name=maincontainer] position: absolute; z-index: 2; top: 0px; right: 15%; bottom: 0px; left: 15%; overflow: hidden; width: 70%; height: 100%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: space-evenly; align-items: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class name=maincontainer maxWidth=1000px] position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; right: 0px; bottom: 0px; width: 100%; padding: 5%; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name=flexcontainer] flex: 1 0 250px; [/class] [class name=displayarea] display: block; width: 100%; height: 0px; padding-top: 100%; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=divider] flex: 0 0 3vmax; width: 3vmax; overflow: hidden; height: 0px; font-size: 0px; [/class] [class name=divider maxWidth=599px] flex: 0 0 100%; width: 100%; height: 5vmax; [/class] [class name=image] background: var(--mainimg); box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px var(--mainbgreduced) inset; font-size: 0px; [/class] [class name=navareacontainer] position: absolute; top: 5%; bottom: 5%; left: 5%; right: 5%; height: 90%; width: 90%; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: space-evenly; align-items: center; align-content: center; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .8s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=navareacontainer state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class name=navseccontainer] display: block; width: 100%; background-color: var(--mainbgreduced); font-size: 2vh; box-sizing: border-box; background-clip: padding-box; position: relative; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name=navbtn] flex: 1 0 20px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; align-content: center; justify-content: center; color: var(--textaccent); box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 2em; background-color: rgba(15, 14, 14, 0.85); transition: background-color .75s ease-in-out; font-size: 1.55vh; position: relative; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class name=navbtn maxWidth=1000px] font-size: 2vh; [/class] [class name=navbtn state=hover] background-color: rgba(15, 14, 14, 1); [/class] [class name=musicplayercontainer] border-bottom: 10px solid transparent; [/class] [class name=musicplayercontainer maxWidth=1000px] display: none; [/class] [class name=holderdiv] position: relative; width: 100%; height: calc(40px + 3em); [/class] [class name=musictab] z-index: 4; position: absolute; top: 1.5em; bottom: 1.5em; left: 2em; right: 2em; width: calc(100% - 4em); height: calc(100% - 3em); margin: 0px -10px; opacity: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; align-content: center; justify-content: center; transition: opacity .5s ease-in-out .5s; [/class] [class name=playbutton] height: 40px; width: 40px; font-size: 0px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-radius: 50%; border: 0px solid #000000; overflow: hidden; transform: perspective(0); margin: 0px 5px; [/class] [class name=playbuttonfilter] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: -11px; left: -10px; width: 130px; height: 100px; filter: hue-rotate(-18deg) contrast(90%) brightness(90%) saturate(90%); [/class] [class name=songinfo] padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 5px; flex: 1 0 20px; color: var(--textaccent); font-size: 2.25vh; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name=title] padding-top: .2em; display: block; font-size: 1em; line-height: .9em; width: 100%; color: var(--accentcolor); [/class] [class name=songsub] width: 100%; display: block; font-size: .75em; [/class] [class name=textarea] position: absolute; z-index: 3; top: 5px; right: 0px; bottom: 5px; left: 0px; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: calc(100% - 10px); color: var(--textcolor); display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class name=role] margin-top: 8px; display: block; font-size: 6.5vh; line-height: 6vh; color: var(--accentcolor); text-align: left; box-sizing: border-box; width: 94%; margin: auto; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name=basicinfo] display: block; font-size: 1.35vh; color: var(--textaccent); text-align: left; box-sizing: border-box; width: 94%; margin: auto; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name=datapoint] display: inline-block; padding: 0px .5em; border-right: 1px solid var(--accentcolor); [/class] [class name=hr] display: block; background: #353535; width: 100%; height: calc(1px + 3em); padding: 1.5em 0px; box-sizing: border-box; background-clip: content-box; [/class] [class name=hr maxWidth=1000px] height: calc(1px + 2em); padding: 1em 0px; [/class] [class name=tabcontainer] flex: 1 0 50px; width: 100%; margin: 0px 0px 4px 0px; position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name=tabcontent] position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 3%; right: 3%; bottom: 0px; width: 95%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden; opacity: 1; transition: opacity .5s ease-in-out .5s; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] position: relative; height: 100%; width: 100%; display: block; padding-right: 150px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: .9em; [/class] [class name=hidecontent] opacity: 0; pointer-events: none; transition: opacity .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=relationshipblock] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; align-items: flex-start; padding-bottom: 2em; width: 100%; [/class] [class name=rimage] display: inline-block; width: 85px; height: 85px; background-color: var(--mainimg); box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px var(--mainbgreduced) inset; font-size: 0px; border-radius: 50%; background-position: left top; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [class name=rimage maxWidth=1000px] display: block; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=rtext] flex: 1 0 125px; width: calc(100% - 15px); [/class] [class name=rtext maxWidth=1000px] flex: 1 0 100%; width: 100%; [/class] [script class="navbtn" on=click version=2] (addClass "hidecontent" "musictab") (addClass "hidecontent" "tabcontent") (= currenttab (trim (index (split (getText) "#") 1))) (setText currenttab "test") (removeClass "hidecontent" (+ currenttab "music")) (removeClass "hidecontent" (+ currenttab "tab")) [/script] [div class="aspectratio"] [div class="maincontainer"] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="displayarea image"] [div class="navareacontainer"] [div class="navseccontainer musicplayercontainer"] [div class="holderdiv"] [div class="musictab Hakuomusic"] [div class="playbutton"] [div class="playbuttonfilter"] [/div] [/div] [div class="songinfo"] [div class="title"]"play me a song Hakuo"[/div] [div class="songsub" style="font-size: .5em;"]Hakuo[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="musictab historymusic hidecontent"] [div class="playbutton"] [div class="playbuttonfilter"] [/div] [/div] [div class="songinfo"] [div class="title"]Final Chapter[/div] [div class="songsub" style="font-size: .5em;"]history[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="musictab powersmusic hidecontent"] [div class="playbutton"] [div class="playbuttonfilter"] [/div] [/div] [div class="songinfo"] [div class="title"]senya[/div] [div class="songsub" style="font-size: .5em;"]powers[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="musictab relationshipsmusic hidecontent"] [div class="playbutton"] [div class="playbuttonfilter"] [/div] [/div] [div class="songinfo"] [div class="title"]peaceful days[/div] [div class="songsub" style="font-size: .5em;"]relationships[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="navseccontainer navbtn Hakuobtn"] [div class="title"]The mistress' loyal dog[/div] [div style="display: none;"]#[/div] [div class="songsub"]Hakuo[/div] [/div] [div class="navseccontainer navbtn historybtn"] [div class="title"]"I'm glad that I met you"[/div] [div style="display: none;"]#[/div] [div class="songsub"]history[/div] [/div] [div class="navseccontainer navbtn powersbtn"] [div class="title"]"I must grow stronger"[/div] [div style="display: none;"]#[/div] [div class="songsub"]powers[/div] [/div] [div class="navseccontainer navbtn relationshipsbtn"] [div class="title"]"The peaceful days we spent together..."[/div] [div style="display: none;"]#[/div] [div class="songsub"]relationships[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="divider"][/div] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="displayarea"] [div class="textarea"] [div class="role"] Hakuo 白翁 [/div] [div class="basicinfo"] [div class="datapoint"]kitsune/fox demon[/div] [div class="datapoint"]male[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]twenty-two(22)[/div] [/div] [div class="hr"] [/div] [div class="tabcontainer"] [div class="tabcontent Hakuotab"] [div class="scrollbox"] Position: Young Master
Aliases: The mistress' loyal dog, Haku, Fox, Young Master, Young Lord
Hair Color: White, Crimson
Eye Color: Gold/amber
Height: 176cm 5'9¼
Affiliation: Kajin-ya
Family: Yushiro/Inari (father), Hana (mother)

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Appearance[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"] Hakuo's over-the-top good looks earn him a bevy of admirers wherever he goes. He is known to be incredibly handsome and is well aware of this fact — often avoiding being seen by the inn's customers in fear of causing a disturbance because of it. He has pale skin with red whisker-like markings on the side of cheeks. His hair is mostly white but gradients into crimson at the ends where the hair frames his face. His eyes are angled similarly to a fox's but tend to change shape depending on the situation. With Mitsuha, his eyes will appear more round and doe-eyed but around customers, his eyes will look more fox-like and sharp. His pupils are the color of fire, burning a bright gold-amber color with slitted irises like a fox's . His ears are that of a fox's as well, with both the fur on his ears and tails colored similarly to his hair.

Hakuo's wardrobe changes on the daily but it is clear that he feels most comfortable in traditional Japanese clothing. He is often dressed in a white kimono with red and gold trimmings; adorned with various accessories such as bells and a fox mask he wears on his shoulder. He wears black tabi socks and red sandals but will prefer to go barefoot when outside or in nature. His hair is always left long and loose.[/div]

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Personality[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"] The fox yōkai , Hakuo, is an powerful individual whose strong personality makes him seem larger than life. Hakuo's presence is quick to entice those around him — and he's aware of it. Charismatic and confident, he's one who's often seen quick to take charge of the situation, and does so with great confidence. His alluring and seductive nature also attract many to him, enabling him various connections and help with bringing new customers to the inn. He is everything one might expect from a fox yōkai and has worked hard to forge this "mask" of his over the years.

Before he met Mitsuha and joined Kajin-ya, Hakuo felt like a person with no identity, sense of self, or feelings. To meet the high expectations that his family placed upon him, he created a persona that allowed him to fit naturally into any type of situation. In return, the persona he created allowed him to feel a sense of love through the praise he received from others. Behind the mask, however, Hakuo is an insecure, self-defeating individual. He works hard to please everyone and hates to see others upset in result of him or his actions. Eager to meet people's expectations of him, Hakuo will go to extreme lengths to satisfy others, even if he feels great embarrassment or shame from his actions thereafter. Unlike the persona that he puts on who is confident and exudes power, in actuality, Hakuo thrives off the validation of others and is incredibly lonely.

After joining Kajin-ya, Hakuo has slowly opened up to more people besides Mitsuha. For one, he is more comfortable talking with others about his insecurities and showing his empathetic side. He still though, has trouble expressing his true feelings and will often ignore them or lie about how he truly feels — a flaw that many who know him, are quick to point out. He will force himself to wear a smile even through the toughest of times. When not by his mistress' side, he is often found in his garden that was gifted to him by Mitsuha. He has extensive knowledge of plants and flowers, making him a great resource when it comes to sourcing ingredients for the inn's kitchen (specifically herbs and occasionally fruits and vegetables depending on the season).

Currently, Hakuo is a calm, sweet, caring, and kind individual. He speaks in a very polite manner and has an innocent and collected demeanor. It is very rare to see him angry or upset. In fact, he tends to wear a smile even more so when he is clearly angry. Many regard him as "mysterious" because they never know what he is truly thinking.

[/div] [div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]LIKES[/div] [div class="datapoint"]music[/div] [div class="datapoint"]sasamochi (bamboo leaf covered rice cake)[/div] [div class="datapoint"]praise[/div] [div class="datapoint"]gardening[/div] [div class="datapoint"]flowers[/div] [div class="datapoint"]the sun[/div] [div class="datapoint"]calligraphy[/div] [div class="datapoint"]stargazing[/div] [div class="datapoint"]flowers[/div] [div class="datapoint"]singing[/div] [div class="datapoint"]gifts[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]having his ears scratched[/div]

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]DISLIKES[/div] [div class="datapoint"]disappointment[/div] [div class="datapoint"]failure[/div] [div class="datapoint"]solitude[/div] [div class="datapoint"]destruction[/div] [div class="datapoint"]shellfish[/div] [div class="datapoint"]entitlement[/div] [div class="datapoint"]his eyes[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]nosy people[/div]

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Other[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"] • Hakuo (白凰) translates to "White Phoenix"

• He has never eaten a human before but is curious about they taste

• He's insecure about how his eyes look and feels that they make him look scary

• He prefers to wear traditional Japanese clothing

• He patrols the inn at night in his fox form

• He often sleeps in the basement; many have formed theories about why he does this but the mystery remains unsolved

• He can play various instruments including the mandolin, flute, and piano

• Despite his innocent and collected demeanor, Hakuo has been rumored to be quite the womanizer in his younger years ➞whether these rumors are true are not is still a mystery

• His fox ears and tails often help others discern how he is feelings

• Hakuo has a fox-like habit of hiding his precious things [/div]

[/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontent historytab hidecontent"] [div class="scrollbox"] Hakuo was born as the son and recognized heir to the current incarnation of the Japanese Kami, Inari (God of foxes, fertility, rice, tea, sake, and agriculture). His mother, Hana, married Inari in exchange for helping her family. After his mother became pregnant, she left her family to live with her new husband at his shrine in the eternal realm, where Hakuo was born.

For the most part, Hakuo's childhood was a very lonely one. Soon after his birth, his mother became very ill and was incapable of properly taking care of him. Along with this, his father was absent for most of his childhood; occupied with his duty as a Kami and tasked with paying trips to the mortal realm. Therefore, he was put into the care of his grandmother, an elderly Kitsune, who acted as both a teacher and guardian to him. However, even with the care of his grandmother, Hakuo couldn’t help but yearn for the love and warmth of his parents.

Occasionally, his mother would pay him nightly visits and would stroke his head as he slept. She would often make him his favorite food, Sasamochi, as an apology for not being able to spend more time with him. In the morning, his mother would already be gone. Hakuo would wake up to find Sasamochi mysteriously by his bedside. After learning from his grandmother that his mother was visiting him at night, he began waiting for his mother, refusing to sleep until she came. When she did come, accompanied by the presence of Sasamochi, the two would have long talks until Hakuo grew too tired to stay awake. His mother would teach him about flowers, and further encouraged his personal development in the hopes of becoming a kind boy that everyone would love. It was during these visits that she would also comfort him over his loneliness and would sing to him until he fell asleep.

Day after day of training and studying, Hakuo would look forward to seeing his mother when night fell. During his free-time, he would often stay in the shrine’s courtyard to collect flowers for his mother. However, his mother’s visits gradually grew less frequent with the further deterioration of her health, which led to her visits stopping altogether. When Hakuo would attempt to see his mother in her quarters, he was deliberately pushed away and later forbidden the right to see her by his father. Hakuo was once again lonely.

Adding to his isolation, Hakuo felt immense pressure from the expectations pushed onto him by both his father and shrine folk, all the while having to deal with his loneliness on his own. He felt more like a vessel than a son, and believed that he as an individual was not important; that the only way for him to achieve happiness was to follow and fit people’s expectations. He craved love and would accept any form of it he could get his hands on.

Disturbingly, at only fourteen-years-old, he began seducing both Akayashi and humans alike. This was not only a way for him to gain affection, but also feel validated as a person. At the same time, he kept those involved with him at a distance, even those that genuinely wished to be closer to him; as he felt that the relationships would end up being fragile and superficial. This came to a stop however, when the fox god found his son being assaulted by another Akayashi in their own home. After the incident, Hakuo was prohibited from leaving the shrine as punishment by his father.

During a poor harvest, the Kirin, Mitsuha, came to the shrine to assist the Inari god. As a gift of gratitude, the fox god assigned his son, Hakuo, as her personal bodyguard/servant; in-effect till the day the fox god perished. Now, Hakuo has found himself at Kajin-ya, an inn located within the hidden realm. He continues to serve Mitsuha loyally and acts as her guard dog.

[/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontent powerstab hidecontent" style="text-align: left;"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Fox Fire[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]Hakuo can conjure fox fire, using his flames in inventive ways, such as creating jets of flames, whirling disks, and blades of fire. Sometimes, he will only use two fingers, rather than with a closed fist or open hand for extra precision and control. he is notable for being able to produce a greater amount of flames than his father and most fox demons without tiring, and is able to maintain successive assaults for long durations of time. His flames can range in intensity and are distinguished by their color — burning a dark red in their default form. When in dire situations or provoked, his flames will burn a bright blue color, which are much hotter than his dark flames. Fox fire is highly reliant on the user's state of mind and emotions and therefore must used responsibly. [/div]

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Nine Transformations[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]Hakuo can shape-shift into nine different forms which include a beautiful woman, a child, a fox made from a mass of flames, and a regular fox. His other five forms have yet to seen but all forms consists of similar characteristics, including his nine-tails. He is also able to manipulate the current transformation he is in to a small degree.[/div]

[div style="color: var(--accentcolor); font-size: 2vh;"]Charm[/div] [div class="datapoint" style="border: none;"]Charm is a form of mind control which Hakuo can use by meeting a target's gaze to overtake their minds. He can also use this to make others hallucinate or see what he wants them to. This ability cannot be used for a long duration of time however, as it will often result in Hakuo gaining a severe headache or migraine. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontent relationshipstab hidecontent"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="relationshipblock"] [div class="rimage" style="background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/z7DEz5M.jpg);"] tiger [/div] [div class="rtext"] [div class="title" style="font-size: 1.25em; margin-bottom: 10px;"] YUSHIRO | INARI [/div] Despite his absence from most his son's childhood, Hakuo doesn't hate his father. In fact, he greatly respects and holds his father in high regards. He has never once blamed him for his loneliness and tries his best to make his father proud. Although most of their interactions have been only through training, punishment, and criticism, Hakuo loves his father very much and will do anything to earn his father's praise.

[/div] [div class="relationshipblock"] [div class="rimage" style="background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/bQ4ak4X.jpg);"] tiger [/div] [div class="rtext"] [div class="title" style="font-size: 1.25em; margin-bottom: 10px;"] MISTRESS MITSUHA [/div] Hakuo thinks very highly of his mistress and has continued to serve her passionately and fervently with professions of undying loyalty. He is very clingy with her and has a compassion-filled willingness to do anything for her. Any compliment or praise from Mitsuha is viewed as a blessing in the eyes of Hakuo. He tends to fawn over her a great deal and is visibly triggered when someone insults Mitsuha. He is often referred to as "the mistress' loyal dog" due to him always wanting to be by Mitsuha's side and his dog-like innocence when he's with her.

[/div] [div class="relationshipblock"] [div class="rimage" style="background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/GWOrzir.jpg);"] tiger [/div] [div class="rtext"] [div class="title" style="font-size: 1.25em; margin-bottom: 10px;"] NISHIO AI [/div] Although his interactions with Ai have been minimal, Hakuo is quite fond of her due to her close relationship with Mitsuha. He finds it in his duty to look after her and tries his best to appeal to her. Her cold exterior poses as a difficult obstacle to him however, and he has yet to figure out how to make her warm up to him.

[/div] [/div] [div class="relationshipblock"] [div class="rimage" style="background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Mb2qonG.jpg);"] tiger [/div] [div class="rtext"] [div class="title" style="font-size: 1.25em; margin-bottom: 10px;"] HITOMU [/div] Hakuo and Hitomu have interacted a few times such as when Mitsuha had formally introduced Hakuo to the inn and it's staff, and another where they had a brief mishap during one of Hakuo's nightly patrols.

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
❀ codedbyplasticflower ❀

Last edited:
ひとむHitomu
“Did you know that humans have talking boxes called a TV? How do they get in there? Can they transform too? It's so fascinating!"
[class=tabs] line-height: 1; margin: 20px auto; text-align: center; width: 100%; color: black; display: inline-block; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 45%; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #dc7f87; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Basics) (show tabsContentInformation) if (eq ${currentTab} Persona) (show tabsContentPersonality) if (eq ${currentTab} Biography) (show tabsContentAbout) if (eq ${currentTab} Miscellaneous) (show tabsContentOthers) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border: 1px solid black; margin: auto"]Basics
[div class=tab style="border: 1px solid black; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: auto; margin-bottom: auto; margin-right: auto"]Persona[/div][div class=tab style="border: 1px solid black; margin-left: auto; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: auto; margin-right: auto""]Biography[/div][div class=tab style="border: 1px solid black; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: auto; margin-right: auto"]Miscellaneous[/div][/div]
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"]
basic information:
name: 「ひとむ」Hitomu meaning "wisdom and beauty".
position: Front Desk Manager
species: 「神虫」Shinchū

appearance: Hitomu takes on the appearance of an anthropomorphic silk moth. His exoskeleton and fur don a red hue, not common among his species, while his hands and feet are a dark maroon. He has two pair of hands and a single pair of feet, and can be found using each pair of hands simultaneously though his is better with the upper pair. He stands at a measly four foot eleven and weighs a little less than one hundred and seventeen pound. On his back are two pairs of wings, spanning about 8 feet in diameter, that are strong enough to support his body in the air. Hitomu isn't sure whether he would consider himself cute, but the members of his family often complimented his fur color since it is rather unique for his clan.

powers and abilities: Still being a rather young shinchū, he has not come to fully access all that he is capable of. Currently he only has three active abilities:
size manipulation: His species is relatively large in size, so to fit into smaller spaces they developed the ability to shrink themselves to varying degrees. The most that Hitomu can do is the size of a small human child, but other members of his clan have shown to shrink to the size of a mouse if necessary. Why this is, not even he is aware of.
silk production: Just as his appearance suggests, he is capable of producing strong silks from his mouth and his abdomen. His can control the adhesiveness of his silk, making it incredibly sticky or inviscid depending on what he using it for. He often time produces silk to fulfill his hobby of making clothes. Recently he has become interested in human clothing and has been replicating the very few garments that has made its way to him.
flight: Hitomu's wings are not just for show, he is capable of flight and is quite swift in the air.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentPersonality" style="display: none;"]
persona:
personality: Hitomu, despite his age, has been coddled by his mother since he was a larvae which has severely affected his emotional growth. It is no secret that he is very uninformed of the world outside of the mountains except for the knowledge he's obtained from reading forbidden books. He is somewhat naive and very trusting to those who he consider his friends, regardless if he's aware of their intentions or not. Despite his tough exterior, he does not take well to lies and deceit and can be described as somewhat of a crybaby, but this has become slightly better since his employment at kajin-ya.

One of his most noticeable traits is his bubbly and energetic attitude which has made him well-known to returning customers of the inn who often bring him pieces of cloth as a tip. Hitomu is nice to everyone to a fault which can sometimes backfire as it makes him an easy to manipulate, and has sometimes gotten him and those around him in serious trouble. At times like these, he can go into bouts of depression which can be detrimental to his already fragile mental state. Despite his innocent nature, he is very intelligent, capable absorbing information after seeing or reading it, though his personality doesn't allow him to effectively put that knowledge to good use. Hitomu is essentially a cheerfully gullible ayakashi who still have troubles with being independent.

- making clothes
- communal baths
- working
- collecting shiny objects
- music

dislikes:
- liars
- large flames
- birds
- closed spaces
- fighting

strengths:
- Very good at making clothes and linen. It's a hobby that he still maintains while living in Kajin-ya.
- Has become very good at dealing with customer complaints.

weaknesses:
- Cannot go into the kitchen since he does not do well near an open flame.
- Instinctively scared of bird yokai, though it's gotten better. Still deathly frightened of Tengus.

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentAbout" style="display: none;"]
biography:
history: As far back as he could remember, Hitomu could never recall a moment when his mother wasn't around. From a larvae to an adolescent, his mother had always been there to care and to guide him, and he loved her for it. So when did that love start to feel so suffocating? Hitomu was born on a sacred mountain in the most eastern part of the human realm. He, his mother, and his fellow clansmen lived there with very little disturbance from the outside world. From what his mother said, there was a time they were worshiped as deities, the broken down shrine near the base of the mountain acting as evidence towards that statement. However, humans seemed to have stop coming after awhile for reasons unknown, but he was not really concerned with them for he only knew of their name which gave little to the imagination. His mother, Yoshi, was the current head of their clan and ruled with an iron fist, the only exception to this was Hitomu himself. Having lost her first three eggs, Hitomu was her fourth attempt and having a child, and after his birth she treated him as the most precious thing in her life.

Growing up, he rarely left his mother side and was often spoiled by her when it came to performing his duties as a shinchū. She'd never allowed him to descend the mountain to hunt alone nor did she allow him out of her sight for fear he'd disappear while she wasn't looking. The other members of their clan also treated him favorably for being the matriarch's son, but also for his unique coloration that was rare for his kind. Life proved fairly easy and without challenge as there was nothing he couldn't get if he wanted it, though he didn't know much of anything to truly ever want something. The only time his mother ever scolded him was when he attempted to read the forbidden text that was secured in a small room hidden in the middle of the mountain. Of course he was shocked, and even end up crying because of it, but his curiosity for the unknown led him to read them any way. In folded pieces of paper, he discovered a world outside of the mountain, pictures of small monkey-esque being bowing towards a unknown member of his clan. After this discovery, he became more interested in learning about these places and the humans in those books. However, his mother refused his request to leave, and that had been the end of that short-lived dream.

Hitomu understood why his mother acted the way that she did, but at the same time he wanted to do things for himself though he never told her about this. So it came to him a surprise when a few years later she wordered him to get a job at an inn made for Ayakashi. Per usual, he had assumed she would be accompanying him, but she had made it clear that this would be a journey for him to take on his own. With nothing else to say, she sent him to Kajin-ya where he managed to get a position as the front desk manager and has been working there for a couple of months.

relationship(s):
「Mistress Mitsuha」
WIP

「Hakuo」
WIP

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentOthers" style="display: none;"]
other:
why do you want to work at kajin-ya? His mother, knowing she has been very protective of him all his life, sent him to work here as a means of helping him grow. It's was a hard decision to make, but she knew he needed to rely on someone outside of herself and gain a better understanding of the world without her.

would you ever eat a human? No, though he would like to try human cuisine at some point. His diet mostly consist of malicious spirits that can be found skulking about at the bottom of the sacred mountain, though he is unaware of the food policy at kajin-ya so he tries not to go out searching for them. With this in mind, his body can sustain itself on leaves and vegetables, his favorite being the leaves off a mulberry tree.

other:
- Hitomu is still an adolescent shinchū, so his sex will remain undetermined until he becomes a full-fledged adult. His mother raised him as male just for convenience sake. He has one stage left in his metamorphosis which would grant him a more humanoid body though the process is long and how one reaches this stage differs from each shinchū.

- His current appearance is not his original form, simply a consequence of him shrinking. Shinchūs look like giant monstrous moths with rows of razor sharp teeth in their mandibles. However, they are still considered to be holy yokai to many who worship them.

[/div]
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar

WIP

Last edited:
[div class=bgBefore] [div class=bg] [div class=wrapOuter] [div class=wrapInner] [div class=left] [div class=main] [/div] [div class=mainUnder] [div class=buttonWrap] [div class="buttonFirst" style="margin-left: 0;"][div class="button mainbutton selectButton"]
main#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button vesselbutton"]
vessel#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button historiabutton"]
historia#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button notesbutton"]
notes#
[/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class="content maintab reveal"] [div class=scroll] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] 降
雪 [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://i.imgur.com/7PrQnHx.jpg') 5% 25%/600px 400px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=basics] [div class=basicsInfo] name..............kousetsu
gender..............male
age..............he lost count
[/div] [div class=basicsInfo] species..............enenra
position..............chef
[/div] [/div] personality. Wizened by centuries past, the Enenra known as Kousetsu is an amalgam of stuffy, age-worn traditions juxtaposed with a refreshing, youthful mirth. A testament to his age, he speaks in a kyoto dialect paired with dated pronouns and terms, and his interests typically line up with many older folk. However, with contrasting effect against whatever elderly traits others might tag him with, his lips and eyes are perpetually quirked into an expression of childish amusement. Though his glib tongue and five-star hospitality make him popular amongst customers, his coworkers know him more for his playful or, at times, downright nasty penchant for twisting his words as a means to mess with his unfortunate targets. He isn’t much of a liar, but he’s particularly fond of half-truths and conducting assumptions by playing on the suggestive nature of certain phrases to purposefully mislead others while feigning innocence. In a similar vein, he isn’t above lacing subtle jabs and insults into his words, especially those that are recognized only once he’s already moved a safe distance away.

Still, Kousetsu is generally evaluated as a good-natured individual who takes his work seriously, though a select few view him and his evident lack of reverence towards Mistress Mitsuha with suspicion, and rightfully so. As a man whose true face is well hidden behind a thick veil, any behavior closest to his most genuine self is kept buried under a half-falsified affability. Though he considers his playful manner as simply another facet of him rather than a well-crafted mask, he inevitably also makes use of it as a method to keep his rotten core away from prying eyes. Possessing a heart entrapped by a deeply rooted hatred and regret, the occasional hint of malice which flashes through his eyes is the only sign of his cold and ruthless nature. He has no lack of empathy, but his unique moral compass or lack thereof allows him to slowly crush his victims, even enjoying their plight, without a shred of compassion if it’s for the sake of fulfilling his goals and desires.

Incidentally, Kousetsu appears to be of the belief that such raw expressions of anger and sadness are a grave weakness, making his ire and tears a rare sight aside from his habit of squeezing or stepping on Susumaru when irritated.

likes. humans, mascots (e.g. kumamon and hikonyan), ochazuke, aromatic tea, good sake, cooking, reading, shogi, hot springs, incense, bonsai, sore losers

dislikes. humans, bad food plating, wasting food, milk, mayonnaise, western clothing, shoes, red spider lilies, dogs, drunk singing, full moons [/div] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] 見
え [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] [div class="basics" style="margin: 8px 3% 10px;"] hair color..............platinum blonde
eye color..............amber
height..............183cm
[/div] appearance. Forged and tempered on human soil, the Kousetsu whose figure resembles that of a human’s so closely is discerned as an otherworldly creature only by his ethereal mien. He is tall but not towering, while his eyes, a radiant amber whose warmth is reminiscent to the heart of a flame crackling in a hearth, give off a mischievous but friendly glow, presenting him as an amicable individual. Swathed in generous folds of pristine, white cloth and wisps of smoke akin to sitting amongst clouds, he maintains a certain lofty quality when he walks, or rather floats about. To the surprise, at times even ire, of others, Kousetsu refuses all forms of footwear, leaving his feet clad in only a modest wrapping of cloth. He claims he doesn’t require them, a truth begrudgingly acknowledged by those who wish for him to equip himself otherwise, as his feet are almost perpetually suspended above the ground in a manner that is close but never touching (unless he's sitting). [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content vesseltab"] [div class=scroll] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] 記
憶 [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://i.imgur.com/36xev17.jpg') 50% 50%/600px 400px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] history. A nameless wisp of smoke drifting in the wind or a spirit born from the crackle of a festival’s bonfire—between each instance where one asks for his story, Kousetsu’s ever-changing answers remain ambiguous at best. With a whimsical smile, he claims his story is generic and uninteresting, and perhaps it is, as it’s one that has been long lost to time.

Born from the smoke of a land god’s pipe by sheer chance, the smoke spirit’s existence was extremely fragile, threatening to fade and perish upon being assaulted by the gentlest breeze. As if feeling responsible for his birth, the land god, a white snake spirit, painstakingly cared for the weak enenra. Whether it be food, shelter, and even a name, his god had gifted him with them all.

The place they called home was a small shrine, one devoid of lavish decorations or servants, but it was a home that was never lacking in warmth. In a similar vein, the food the land god prepared for him was horribly bland and at times even burnt, yet he cherished each meal nonetheless. As a result, even when he grew strong enough to fend for himself, he pledged himself as the god's servant whose duties included tending to the shrine, taking charge of their meals, and driving off any miscreants from the vicinity.

However, when the land god’s believers gradually diminished, his power slowly grew weaker. As a spirit born from the prayers of humans who hoped for their land to be blessed, the final dredges of his lifeforce clung to the sole old lady who continued to bring small offerings to the shrine. Thus, the moment the old woman breathed her last, their god perished with her, vanishing before Kousetsu's very eyes while urging him to move on.

The time following his master’s death left him drifting aimlessly, until he finally settled at Kajin-ya to work as a chef. His reasons for doing so are unknown, but he claims that he’s indebted to someone at Kajin-ya, whether it be a frequent guest or an employee. [/div] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] 絆 [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] lord misono. The land god who contributed to both Kousetsu's love and hatred towards humans. Even centuries after Misono vanished, Kousetsu continues to cling stubbornly to the belief that pledging his loyalty to anyone else is a betrayal. Though he was notably disobedient in the past, lacking the blind faith required to listen to his master’s every word without at least questioning it, he is adamant on the notion that he has and only will ever have one god, even if said god no longer walks the earth. Incidentally, a certain visitor to their shrine once commented that they were more like a father and wayward son rather than a land god and a servant.

mistuha. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque eget mattis urna. Pellentesque fermentum posuere elit, ac commodo metus venenatis vitae. Vivamus magna turpis, faucibus ut odio id, gravida pretium velit. Suspendisse at tempus elit, quis eleifend purus. Sed luctus eu orci et porttitor.

nishio ai. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque eget mattis urna. Pellentesque fermentum posuere elit, ac commodo metus venenatis vitae. Vivamus magna turpis, faucibus ut odio id, gravida pretium velit. Suspendisse at tempus elit, quis eleifend purus. Sed luctus eu orci et porttitor.

hakuo. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque eget mattis urna. Pellentesque fermentum posuere elit, ac commodo metus venenatis vitae. Vivamus magna turpis, faucibus ut odio id, gravida pretium velit. Suspendisse at tempus elit, quis eleifend purus. Sed luctus eu orci et porttitor.

hitomu. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque eget mattis urna. Pellentesque fermentum posuere elit, ac commodo metus venenatis vitae. Vivamus magna turpis, faucibus ut odio id, gravida pretium velit. Suspendisse at tempus elit, quis eleifend purus. Sed luctus eu orci et porttitor. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content historiatab"] [div class=scroll] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] 煙

羅 [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://i.imgur.com/JFAzDgL.jpg') 90% 50%/600px 400px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] powers. Wisps of smoke seem to perpetually drift about the man, making it fairly easy to discern that he’s an enenra. Likewise, his powers largely revolve around the manipulation of smoke, though he is capable of floating about much like his smoke wisps.

Apart from dispersing his body into a cloud of smoke, he is also capable of covering the general area in a blanket of thick haze, obscuring vision. As he is one with the smoke itself, he may suddenly appear within any point that his smoke is covering. Depending on the type of smoke he uses, his smoke may also induce sleep, cause hallucinations, or other effects when inhaled. That said, his most frequent use of his smoke is to spread a scent that allows guests to relax more easily or playing with and shaping colored smoke as a party trick.

Strangely, he is able to physically touch his smoke, giving him the ability to leisurely use his smoke as a makeshift seat and the like. His largest wisp, Susumaru (煤丸), can be touched by other people and objects and appears to possess sentience, hence Kousetsu’s frequent use of the wisp as an errand-boy familiar of sorts. However, it cannot speak, and its thoughts can only be heard by Kousetsu, meaning it can only communicate by writing things out with smoke. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content notestab"] [div class=scroll] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] 注
釈 [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://i.imgur.com/VwJqpZv.jpg') 70% 0%/600px 400px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] extras.

what brings you to kajin-ya? In stark contrast to most of the other inn staff, Kousetsu is neither particularly loyal to nor irreverent towards Mistress Mistuha. As a result, many used to assume that the reason behind his employment at Kajin-ya was due to having incurred a large debt, though said speculation has long been considered disproved due to the number of years he continued to work at the inn. The current theory is that he’s waiting for the person whom he feels indebted to.

would you ever eat a human? Kousetsu claims to be fond of humans and states that he has never even entertained the thought of devouring one. However, his comments on mankind notably contradict themselves, calling them “adorable” one day while referring to them as “vermin” the next. When asked whether or not he would ever harm a human, he only answers with a smile, further bringing to question whether or not he truly likes them.

[1] When asked about what time period he was born in, Kousetsu typically responds by stating that he vaguely recalls that the Fujiwara clan was the dominant power of Japan in the Apparent Realm at the time, suggesting that he was born sometime in the Heian period (CE 794–1185).

[2] Kousetsu drinking the night away isn’t an uncommon sight, but no one has ever witnessed him drunk or even the slightest bit tipsy.

[3] He greatly enjoys giving customers suggestions on what sake goes best with the dishes they ordered and cooking with sake.

[4] Due to Kousetsu’s terrible naming sense, Susumaru literally just means soot + maru. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
— code by Nano Nano
[/div] [/div] [class=bgBefore] background-color: #dac9a6; [/class] [class=bg] padding: 5% 0 calc(5% - 20px); width: 100%; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jk2ea2mvose6qd8/texture.01.gloss.png') repeat-x, url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g6p88b8jukoahn5/texture.02.BG.png') repeat; background-size: 20px 100%, 128px 128px; font-size: initial; [/class] [class=wrapOuter] margin: 0 auto; width: 90%; max-width: 1300px; min-width: 300px; [/class] [class=wrapInner] margin: 0 -10px; width: calc(100% + 20px); max-width: 1300px; min-width: 300px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; [/class] [class=left] margin: 0 10px 20px; flex: 1 1 300px; max-width: 800px; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; min-height: 300px; [/class] [class=main] width: 100%; height: calc(75vh - 30px); max-height: calc(700px - 30px); min-height: calc(300px - 30px); background: url('https://i.imgur.com/8SLK5hi.jpg') 45% 25%/800px 700px no-repeat; [/class] [class=mainUnder] width: 100%; height: 30px; background: #b54434 url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0y672c8rxd521y6/texture.04.tilev3.png') repeat; [/class] [class=buttonWrap] position: relative; margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; max-width: 198px; height: 0; [/class] [class=buttonFirst] display: inline-block; position: relative; margin-top: -21px; margin-left: 10px; width: 38px; height: 42px; [/class] [class=button] position: absolute; margin: 6px 0px 0px 6px; width: 20px; height: 20px; border: 5px solid #f3ecde; background: #b54434 url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g6p88b8jukoahn5/texture.02.BG.png'); transform: rotate(45deg); color: transparent; font-size: 1px; line-height: 0; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=right] position: relative; margin: 0 10px 20px; flex: 20 1 500px; max-width: 1000px; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; min-height: 300px; [/class] [class=content] position: absolute; pointer-events: none; height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: hidden; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .75s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=scroll] padding-right: 100px; width: 100%; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; [/class] [class=post] padding: 5%; width: 90%; background: #f3ecde url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e0jzbzym83cbgl3/texture.03.content.png') repeat; font-family: Book Antiqua; color: #554236; font-size: 1em; line-height: 130%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=postWrap] margin: 0 -5px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; width: calc(100% + 10px); [/class] [class=tile] margin: 0 5px 20px; flex: 1 1 200px; display: flex; align-items: center; background: #554236 url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0y672c8rxd521y6/texture.04.tilev3.png') repeat; [/class] [class=title] width: 100%; color: #ffffff; font-size: 5em; line-height: 125%; font-family: Arial; text-align: center; [/class] [class=headerBase] margin: 0 5px 20px; flex: 30 1 200px; max-width: 765px; border-left: 15px solid #b54434; [/class] [class=image] width: 100%; height: 80vh; max-height: 400px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rgdhmpnb362vh7n/Image.02.jpg') 20% 5% no-repeat; [/class] [class=basics] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin: 0 3% 16px; padding-left: 5px; border-left: 2px solid #554236; width: calc(90% - 7x); font-size: .9em; line-height: 110%; text-align: left; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=basicsInfo] flex: 1 1 150px; max-width: 375px; [/class] [class=hoverButton] background-color: #554236; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=selectButton] background-color: #554236; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=reveal] pointer-events: auto; opacity: 1; transition: opacity .75s ease-in-out .75s; [/class] [script class="button" version=2] (= select "main") [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=mouseenter] (removeClass "hoverButton" "button") (= hover (index (split (getText) "#") 0 )) (addClass "hoverButton" (+ hover "button")) [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=mouseleave] (removeClass "hoverButton" "button") [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=click] (removeClass "reveal" "content") (removeClass "selectButton" "button") (= select (index (split (getText) "#") 0 )) (addClass "selectButton" (+ select "button")) (addClass "reveal" (+ select "tab")) [/script]

Name
Aka Manto [casually referred to as Aka or Akai]
Will say he's 27, but he's been hanging in bathrooms since before the 1930s
Species
Yokai
Powers

• A Bit Crooked
    • Aka Manto, despite being extremely similar to humans in physiology, is very much inhumanely flexible, capable of twisting his head and limbs full circle various times, and is capable of severely contorting his back.
  • Ghostly Physique
    • Aka Manto certainly demonstrates his Yokai-ness in his extremely swift speed and agility, with some modicum of strength, though not a particularly notable amount, especially on a supernatural level. He is primarily best at being sneaky, known for his ability to make no sound even when moving rather quickly.
  • A Real Spook
    • Aka Manto is capable of interfering with various light sources, with fire fading out and electricity flickering and dimming. He is particularly sneaky in the dark, sometimes seeming as if capable of teleportation, though that's a bit more of a party trick, utilizing his ability to quickly memorize building layouts with great clarity and a particularly sharp directional intuition.
Appearance
Apologies for the not-so-anime style: I can't art something up in that style. akamanto.jpg Aka Manto is a particularly tall and lean individual, whose exact physique is generally hidden under his long, red, coat and similarly coloured hoodie [He also wears faded black jeans and tall rubber boots, though they never so much as squeak]. At 227 cm height at full, he is noted for his rather poor posture that generally makes him only 213 cm most of the time. He is also noted for his mask, which occasionally shifts in appearance during certain moods, usually either becoming a wicked smile or a malicious grimace, each of the three holes in his mask becoming narrow slits to appropriately convey these faces with clarity. Though the mask may somewhat shift in appearance to convey emotion, the mouth never mimics mouths during speech, nor do the eyes ever blink. The mask in the provided picture is the default state. Aka Manto occasionally uses red scarves, or sometimes wears a red canvas vest instead of a long coat, revealing that he usually wears black long-sleeve shirts and that the hoodie he wears is sleeveless. He also always wears black leather gloves over his long, spider-like hands, and prefers to not really show skin.
Biography
So the legend goes: A spirit in red offers two choices to the occupant of a bathroom stall - blue paper? Or red paper? Either choice supposedly guarantees death. Red for a bloody end as red floods the bathroom. Blue for all the life being choked out of that person, either being strangled or drowned. The solution is simple. Ignore it and run away as fast as you can. Pretty scary, right? Well, no one's really died. People who choose are simply scared into running, though, in honesty, people don't really choose in the fist place. They just run. Of course, this gets tediously uninteresting after you do it for decades on end. Thus, the red-clad spirit wandered through the realm of spirits seeking a life more suitable for his tastes, and thus, they say, the rest is history. Fast forward to finding the Kajin-Ya. As a bathroom spook, and a keenness for gross stuff, it only made sense to pick up a job concerning cleaning up the filth.
Personality
To say Aka Manto is creepy is certainly a good overall assessment. Though often quiet, he enjoys teasing people and scaring them indiscriminately, and is very much a noted pervert, with a particular fondness for physically strong and mature women as well as soft, feminine men. He is a sadomasochist, both physically and mentally, and enjoys occasionally making people uncomfortable, though he especially enjoys tormenting people he doesn't like. Though undoubtedly a bit of a prankster in nature, he despises "thinking small" in terms of methodology, though his goals may be quite simplistic, and always strives to make his efforts quite grand and theatrical. He especially enjoys terrorizing people in bathrooms, particularly in accordance with his own legend. He is also somewhat obsessed with the idea of "filth" in its various forms, and enjoys collecting it, particularly vermin and other biological forms [i.e. fungi or strangle-vines]. Aka Manto, on another note, has a particular fondness for food, particularly meat, and the many cuisines that showcase various meats. He quite enjoys junk-food, and eats what he wishes as opposed to maintaining any form of diet. To put it quite simply, he is first and foremost a hedonist, and a total creep as a close second. However, this does not mean he is without work ethic, for as cool and calm as he generally is, he does not tire very easily at all, and enjoys killing time with labor, though he does often use his position as someone who wanders about to scare others. Despite his generally aloof, intentionally dramatic, and not-really-serious nature, he is actually quite the source of practical wisdom, and even more ironically, offers quite sound advice when it comes to communicating with others.
Hanging around in bathrooms just scaring people is dull and meaningless. I could use a little more purpose in my life, ya know? Put myself to use, maybe grow as a person. Maybe. No guarantees. But change is a pretty inevitable thing in life, so I think it's time for that inevitability to happen. I'm just glad it happened by my own doing.
What Brings You to Kajin-ya?
I've heard this place brings in all manner of variety of folk. For the most part I just dealt with terrifying adolescents, and occasional adults who were just as boring and predictable. I need some excitement, and this place seems like a pretty good place to find that excitement.
I'll try any meat at least once. But I'd definitely be picky with whoever I choose to eat. Really picky. They'd definitely have to be pretty much universally despicable, but also definitely tasty looking. I'm not just gonna eat some lard-ball.

Position
Janitorial Services

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back