• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"I also call my car and my bike, 'My girl', don't get too excited." Tanner said with a chuckle, as he holstered his gun and shook his head lightly.
This wasn't what he changed departments for... He thought too himself with a sigh. He didn't like breaking up robberies and fights, he didn't want to be throwing people down in alley's. He had become a detective to use his brains not be just muscles anymore. He picked up the guy "Dom's" gun and handed it off to one of the uniforms. He dusted off his clothes and scanned the scene best as he could in the dim light from the partially open door to the bar. He was looking for weapons or tossed aside items.

He gave up unable to find anything other than the knife from the last of the three suspects. Tanner moved closer to Vornalla as she spoke to the victim and then nodded again softly as she said they needed to go back and try talking to Tyra again. He felt some sense of unease about being the one to talk to her again... He wasn’t sure he could be the bad cop if it was needed, she reminded him too much of his mother and in some ways... Himself.
Without another word Tanner followed Vornalla back to her car and climbed in. He was chewing on the inside of his lip as he tried to figure out what he could possible say to Tyra to try and get through to her. “You gonna be watching me work again, get some pointers on how to talk like a human not a cop?” He teased, trying to sound in a better mood than he was.

Last edited:
She shook her head in amusement "Now who said anything about excitement? Just wondering if that was a little slip or something." It's not really why she came to this department either, but she kind of suspects it to happen, they are technically still cops after all. Though, they also could have chose to stay out, Tanner is actually the one who went in with a plan. "A bike though huh? I've been a little curious into getting one, but I've never actually learned to use one." she shrugged a bit, they could always go a more private route so they could do things a bit more their way and not have to worry about situations like this. It's always been a bit of an idea in her mind, she kind of likes the whole pursuit and tackle thing, making arrests, it's mainly the whole following the book thing.

She watches his reaction, not sure how he feels about it and she remains mostly silent on the way back to the car. She head back up to section 1 and starts towards the police station, but she would finally speak along the way "You know, I was under the impression you wanted to question Tyra again, but if you don't want to, then I can give it a go. I just assume you might be the best choice since you seem to sympathize. "I'd be questioning the other we just grabbed since he apparently knows Tyra so it might be one of those late people you mentioned, might know something." They'd be pulling into the parking lot right about now and she asks "Let me know who you want to interview, I'll go with the other."

"I don't like the term 'Sympathize' it just sounds... Girly." Tanner said with a smirk, trying to shrug off the thoughts that were now swirling in his head. "I'm good with going back to Tyra, I just don't know what else I can say.... Gotta figure out a game plan." He shrugged softly and reached his left hand up and rubbed the back of his head, mussing up his hair even worse. "I'm just concerned that if I push her too hard she'll lock up completely, but if I don't push her we'll end up no where..." He sighed loudly again. "It's just this very fine line that I have to type-rope across and I'm worried I'll be teetering to far to one or the other side." He shrugged again softly.

As they pulled into the garage Tanner pointed at a black car as they approached it. "Mind if we stop by my car?" He asked as he pulled his seat-belt off and once the car stopped he hopped out and popped the trunk of his SUV, reveling his portable closet set up. He pulled his jacket off and tossed it up on the back of his car and started to unbutton his shirt and threw it in the back seat of his car and pulled a crisp starched white button down shirt, he unfolded it in one hard flick then started to pull it on. Parked in front of his SUV was a covered motorcycle, it was an old style that still ran on gas, it's tailpipe was semi visible under the cover. "If you need any advise on how to be Sympathetic towards that poor sap we just brought in, ask now or drown later in your interview."

"Uh huh..." she trails off with amusement "Shall I say commiserate then? is that manly enough for you?" She sighs a bit and thinks about it. She feels he would probably be best for Tyra, but at the same time, he's just hesitating and unsure what to do "Like I said, if you want to question the new one, go for it, but I think a game plan is rather simple here. For starters, our hands are tied and we have to strike a deal with Tyra. You don't want her to fear you, talk about it, comfort her, see if you can get her to feel safer by giving up whoever has her so scared. As for the kid, fresh slate, but they know Tyra supposedly, probably a similar situation. We should actually go check on the two we arrested and see if we can figure out their affiliations, maybe they're Dragonblood, maybe it was a matter of wrong place wrong time."

Upon pulling in and turning off the car, she looks over at the SUV he points at and nods "Sure..." she gets out and walks with him to his car, eyeing up the vintage motorcycle. She's a bit tempted to remove the cover and get a better look, but probably better he shows it off instead. Speaking of showing off, she looks back over to Tanner to find he's taken off his jacket and his shirt. She decides to comment after turning away and clearing her throat "Not bad for someone on the tequila dinner diet..." on a more serious note "You know, if you're expecting me, an elf, to ask for advice, it's not going to happen right? I'm sure I can handle it, but if you want to go ahead and tell me what NOT to do..." she trails off and just leaves it at that.

Tanner paused in straightening his shirt and blushed slightly with a smirk. "Not bad for a mediocre human you mean?" He asked in a teasing tone before he folded the collar of his stiff shirt down and started buttoning it up. "For the record I don't do tequila for dinner very often, but when I do it's usually with an old friend or coworker. On one occasion with my soon-to-be ex wife...." He shuddered lightly before he moved to tuck his shirt in neatly. "You can look, I never got that indecent...." He smiled his most prince charming of smiles. "What not to do? Don't go whole hog in one way or the other. Like don't go in being all badass and then later try to be a sweetheart. It shows your phony." Tanner pulled his cuffs down and then reached in a pulled some silver cuff-links from a small box in the back of his car, they had the initials MR and TM on them, and he carefully put them on his shirt cuffs then closed up the trunk of his car and grabbed his jacket hooking it over one of his arms. "My hair's a mess but it's okay looking right?" He asked slowly reaching up and ran his fingers through his messy hair. "Also, don't be so elf if you can help it. Try to be more mediocre, like me." He smiled his most prince charming of smiles again.

"Of course, you are a mediocre human after all..." she added in as if it were a matter of fact. She would look back over when the shirt was on and he was fixing the collar "Soon-to-be ex wife huh? Didn't know you were married, apologies for your loss." She teased, knowing the jokes men like to make about marriage and the loss of freedom or whatever. When he starts to actually explain what not to do, she rolls her eyes a bit, shaking her head as she listens anyways. All standard and obvious stuff "Yes, thanks for the tips Captain Obvious, I wasn't planning to go in all hardass against a to begin with. As for being less elf..." she shrugs "Maybe if you start being less human, hmm?" she proceeds to look up at his hair and just shrugs her shoulders a bit "A mess like you said. Hope you aren't trying to impress anyone like that." she smirks and turns to go into the police station "So, I take it you're going to question Tyra after all?" she would ask along the way.

"It's not a loss... It was a mistake. I shouldn't have married her, I knew she was trouble but I was a dumb kid and I thought I was in love. Now I've been trying to get her to sign the papers for over a year and a half." He shrugged softly but there was a bitterness to his tone. "Less human? What like be more stuck up like you? Or gruff like an orc? Maybe I should be way more punk like a werewolf?" He raised both his hands in a shrug. "I've done it all, when undercover. I like being this boring human, at least I know what I am and where I stand." He smiled again softly and reached up combing his fingers through his hair again. "Yeah, I'll talk to Tyra, I know something I can try to talk to her about..." He looked off a little saddened. "I think I know how to reach her, just don't cramp my style or stalk me on this one. 'Kay?" His smugness came out like a perfect shield when he was getting just a little to real and close to someone knowing him better than he wanted.

She opts not to respond to the whole marriage bit, can't say she has any experience in that department. Surprise enough, she HAS dated, never ends up going all that well, she might be a little too elven sometimes. "I could say the same, I know what I am and where I stand." sort of, she leaves out the bit of coming from way down below where no human treads. She would be arrogant regardless, but she lacks the regal attitude of other elves and tends to not be very graceful. She would totally go for a tequila dinner with him and completely black out, maybe when the case is over. "Yeah yeah, like I said, I gotta question the other person, unless you're trying to give me a reason to watch you."

Eventually it would be time to split, but they won't split very far. They are using a section that has a listening room between two interrogation rooms. The younger vampire will be in one of them, and Tyra will be in the other. Vornalla would first head into the listening room to make sure the two are in there, get mentally prepared, and just banter a bit with the others before she walks back out and into the room with the kid.

Once they had parted ways, Tanner went to get himself a cup of coffee and he couldn't help but smile lightly as the over head light would get caught in the silver cufflinks when he was stirring his coffee. He paused for a moment to fiddle with them a small almost sad smile played over his features before he took a deep breath and it was gone and he seemed his normal cocky self.

He walked slowly by his desk picking up his report tablet and tapped his fingers on the coffee mug gently then he opened to top drawer and pulled out an old leather wallet and then he moved to the interrogation rooms. He put his things down and dropped off his weapon before he moved into the room, to once again question the girl.

"Tanner McHaile, questioning miss Tyra on the fifteenth of August.... It is now twenty-two hundred hours." He put all three of his items down on the table. The wallet, report tablet and his coffee. "Hello again." He said softly as he sat down slowly.

Tyra was smiling in the room while she was alone, but when she sees Tanner walk in, some of the excitement she seems to normally have would slowly dwindle away as she recalls the questioning last time. She expects him to try prying into that situation again, the words he left her with start to resurface, about being used and thrown away. She knows that, she doesn't like it and she smiles again "Hello again. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Just gotta wait for your lawyer. We're going to be talking about possible deals." Tanner shrugged softly and picked up his coffee and took a small sip. "Did you want to just talk about nothing until they get here, or sit in strained silence?"

She ponders the options and looks around as she seems to clearly think about it. She eventually looks back at him and shakes her head. She considered going ahead and letting him question anyways, get this over with quicker, but at the same time, she still doesn't know if she wants to talk about it. "Yeah, we can talk. What about?"

"Well, for total randomness, I told my new partner I'm in the midst of a divorce and they didn't even blink an eye... Which leaves me to wonder..." He sipped his coffee again with a gentle shrug. "Do I just come off as someone who being in a divorce is normal?" Tanner smiled his most prince charming of smiles, he was trying to keep it light as well as keeping to his word with talking about nothing at all.

"Oh, I didn't know you have a partner..." she trailed off a bit as she looks Tanner over with a bit of a smile. "I don't know, I can't say I'd think it was normal, what is your partner like? Maybe they just don't care about many things?"

Tanner shrugged a little, his smile still in place. "I don't think V is much for personal stuff, but still. You aren't even asking what happened in my marriage, you're trying to change the subject to my partner. Is it just an awkward subject? To pry into someone's very personal life and ask questions about what went wrong and who did what?"

"V huh?" she smiles a bit more "Not sure I'd say it's awkward. I just... don't know you, we're not friends or anything, your attempt at a love life is none of my business. I'm more curious about this partner..." she looks over from wall to the other "I don't believe they've questioned me, are they perhaps watching?"

"I hope not." Tanner turned in his seat to glance at the one way mirror. "I don't wanna be talking behind their back and them listening in." He shrugged lightly and turned back in his chair and looked at Tyra with a smirk. "My partner’s just there to make sure I stay in line out in the field. Only reason I got one is because of some trouble I got into a couple years back. They aren't like a ‘we do everything together kind of partner.’ "

"Then why bother having one?" she shrugs and looks in the same direction he looked. She sniffs a bit, but she would mainly get the coffee and turns back to him "What kind of trouble did you get into?"

"I got married." He smiled his prince charming smile once more before he sipped his coffee again.

"Uh huh." Tyra sighs a bit and looks around "Can we forget the stupid lawyer and just move on with this?"

"Sure. If that's what you wanna do." Tanner sat up a little straighter. "Do you mind if I share one more story with you first? I promise this one has more to do with your situation."

Tyra cocks her head to the side, a bit of curiosity in her eyes as she carefully looked him over "Sure, humor me. What do you think you know, detective?"

Tanner picked up the wallet and pulled two photos out. "You kind of remind me of one of my first cases when I was still just a rookie street cop." He smiled sadly at one of the pictures. "Her name was Heather the little boy in this picture is her son, William Jr." He held it out for her to see it but he held it back just enough that she couldn't touch it. The picture was of a very pretty young woman, bright green eyes, very long silver white hair. The woman was holding a small toddler who looked almost exactly like her, except the little boy's eyes were a dark color, his deep violet purple eyes shone in the sunlight of the picture.

"Heather used to tell us she was fine. She just fell, or the dog did it. She told everyone he never meant it. She was saying that up until the day he killed her."

Tyra leans forward to look at the picture. She eyes the mom and then looks over the kid, looking back up to Tanner and hums "Are you the kid in the picture, detective?" she eyes the detectives silvery hair and violet eyes, he might not be, doesn't fit the name he gave, it's just a few physical similarities.

Tanner chuckled softly and shook his head lightly. "I'm not Jr. here." He pulled the picture back and sighed softly looking at it again. "Heather's husband was a real monster. People think Vampires and Werewolves are monsters, but they haven't seen what I have." He gently tucked the photo back in his wallet. "You ever lied about what someone's done to you to protect them? I have. And I think I can see that same pain and shame just hiding under the surface there." He said softly looking into her eyes, his were almost a blank slate. No emotions were showing on his face.

She looks away a bit and sighs heavily, a worried look on her face "Yeah, I suppose I might know something about that. So you know I can't really talk about too much now can I? I need to make sure they aren't harmed..."

Tanner nodded his head slowly and dropped his gaze down to the other picture in his hands. "I understand. This, is my wife's mugshot. Taken when she was arrested because she was part of a freedom movement that killed eight people." He showed Tyra this picture as well. The young woman was clearly a werewolf, she had half her head shaven and a crescent moon tattoo on her neck., her hair was a dark purple blue color and her eyes were a bright amber. "I knew she was in a gang and I knew they were going to do some kind of protest and I said nothing. I thought I was protecting her."

"Ah, the marriage trouble you mentioned?" she shrugs a bit "I still can't say much. Not while Reska is held captive..."

Meanwhile, Vornalla would have already started while Tanner went to get coffee and whatever else. She had her notes up on the tablet and walked in the find the shaken teenager sitting at the table. Vornalla smiles as she approached and took a seat "Seems like a crazy night hm? I'm detective Anear, I'll be asking a few questions if that's okay. Want to start with your name?"

The kid was kind of scrawny and definitely needed a bath. His hair was cut in a jagged kind of mix of a short cut and a buzz cut. He was chewing on his lower lip with his fangs. Looked more like a scared animal than a lost kid. “Reska. I’m called Reska...”

Vornalla nods her head, "Reska..." she repeats quietly. She smiles again "It's okay Reska, you aren't in trouble. I just want to hear your side. Any idea why they seemed to be threatening you?"

“You asked me about Tyra... Why?” The boy turned, tilting his head to the left and eyeing Vornalla. “How do you know her?”

"We'll get to that in a second. For now, I need details about that situation. Was it a random mugging? Did you know something you shouldn't?" There's a pause before she adds in another possibility, a bit of a leap, but maybe he smelled Tyra in that area or something? "Something to do with Tyra perhaps?"

Reska‘s blood red eyes flashed a little when Vornalla implied it had something to do with Tyra. “It wasn’t a mugging... It has nothing to do with Tyra.” He bit his lip harder and looked down at the table, his foot was tapping on the floor like a mad drum solo.

She eyes down a bit when she starts to hear the tapping and looks the kid over. He has "liar" written all over him and he probably doesn't even know it. "You know I can only help if I get information to act on, correct? If it wasn't a mugging or related to your friend, then what was it about? It seems like you might know." Didn't take very long for Vornalla to start going a bit more hardass. Maybe she broke one of Tanner's records for that as well.

“I was in the bar and I flirted with the wrong girl.” Reska said with a shake of his head, his foot was still tapping like crazy. “They were just going to teach me some manners... Then you shot him.”

"Uh huh, and how old are you again? You look a little young there, I wouldn't guess any more than maybe 17?" She's a bit amused by this, curious to see where the kid decides to go with it, or how far, before she drops the bricks on him.

“I’m twenty-five.” Reska said flashing a fake smile, his fangs seemed too long for his mouth, he hadn’t grown into them yet. “Age doesn’t matter out there.” His foot was still tapping on the floor, and he was getting seemingly annoyed.

"Okay, so you were at the bar flirting with someone. I assume you were having drinks too? Can't flirt in a bar without drinks." she asks, a bit of a smirk as she tries working up a minor trap, leading him to try and answer with a yes.

“Every guy wants to take the drunk girl home... But no girl wants to take home a drunk guy.” Reska leaned back in his chair with a groan before he hunched over again and put his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. “I don’t drink.”

"Okay, okay, respectable. So, what you're saying is that if I call or go over to the bar, and ask them if someone with your description was there a few hours ago, flirting with someone and getting pulled out back, they would answer with a yes?"

“I dunno... It was kind of busy.” Reska sighed loudly and ran his fingers through his hair. “Am I in trouble? Are you charging me with something?” He asked as he lifted his head and let his arms drop, his foot tapping stopped.

"No, like I said, you're not in trouble, I just want to know why those guys were threatening you and you aren't telling me. I went along with your story to see how far you go but it seems that's about it if you're trying to bring it back to what I’ve already told you.” Vornalla takes a quick breath before she continues.

“You asked earlier about Tyra, she was arrested from that same alley the day before and could be getting murder charges. Who is Tyra to you if you don't mind me asking?" she lifts up her tablet and starts scrolling through her notes of the last few days and proceeds to cross her right leg over her left, eventually glancing up to see Reska.

“So you’re calling me a liar?” Reska’s red eyes flashed again and he stood up suddenly. “It’s none of your business! You said you had Tyra here, I wanna talk to her. Even prisoners get visitors, and if I’m not in trouble I wanna leave.” He crossed his arms over his chest, his body language just screamed nervous kid. He was uncomfortable now, he didn’t know what he should say or what he shouldn’t say and he was starting to feel trapped in this room…

"Consider me a skeptic, yes." she puts the tablet back down, remaining unphased at what she takes as a temper tantrum "And you'll get to soon. She's currently preoccupied with her lawyer at the moment and unavailable. I suspect we can probably help her out when it comes to jail time and you can help out with that. I just need to know the details."

“Details of what?! I haven’t seen her in days. I told you what happened if you believe me or not doesn’t change the fact that I’ve said what I was going to say.” The boy started pacing and he bit at his thumb nail, he was working himself up into almost hyperventilating. Sharp little breaths through his nose.

"The details of who they were in the alley and why they were threatening you. We'll be questioning them soon enough, figure I should at least have your side as well. If you don't want to cooperate that's up to you, but you won't be able to stick around while we have official investigations going on. I could give you my contact info so you can call if you change your mind."

“I’m not pressing charges... It was a stupid fight and you and that other cop got in the middle of.” Reska bit down on his thumb hard enough to draw blood. “Ow...!” He said quickly tucking his hand under his arm. “I don’t wanna cause any more trouble...”

She sighs a bit "Do you want a couple minutes to think about it? We're trying to help you and your friend here. I can step out for a few minutes, see how the interview with Tyra is going and then get back to you. Sound good? Want anything while you wait? A drink or food or something?"

“I’m fine. Thanks.” Reska said as he continued to pace holding his injured finger tucked tightly under his arm.

"So, do you want a couple minutes or do you just want to get out of here?"

“I wanna talk to Tyra.” He said softly, he sounded nervous and almost like he felt beat or defeated.

"Well that depends on whether or not you decide to help us, and Tyra in the process, or be difficult. I can't take you to her right now, she's in the middle of an interview with my partner and her lawyer. You can go and be called on at a later time if you give us a way to reach you, or you can sit there and think about it, maybe tell me something, and I'll be more inclined to help out."

“I can’t tell you stuff I don’t know. I’m not leaving until I see Tyra. I’m done talking to you.” Reska flashed his fangs in annoyance.

"That's not your choice. If you won't cooperate then you can't sit here and waste our space. So why don't you sit there and think about it, I'll be back in a few minutes to check in." she grabs her tablet and starts to make her way out. If the kid doesn't say anything important, she would walk out and head into the listening room to see how Tanner's interview is going.

“Cooperate how? You’re talking in circles and I don’t know anything!” Reska slumped back into his chair and dropped his head on the table in front of him.

She pauses a moment and proceeds to just walk out. She sighs a bit and walks into the listening room, looking over to see what's going on in Tanner's room, she would watch his questioning for a few minutes to see how that’s going along.

Last edited:
"Reska..?" Tanner asked with a puzzled look. "Who's that then?"

"He's... a kid still I guess, teenager technically, but you know how it is. Wasn't always a vampire, abandoned by his parents when he was turned. I've been taking care of him." Tyra looks like she's about ready to break down.

"Trust me... I've known that story over many times. But I swear, if you tell me who has him I will find him and bring him here. To safety." Tanner did something very impulsive and reached over and gently touched her hand. "I give you my word."

"How can I be sure of that? How do I know they won't just kill him when you try to spring him out? Or move him or something." she clenches her hand, the one he touches, into a fist. Tanner would get a message on his tablet, information from his partner who seems to be watching currently. Turns out the kid they have in the other room introduced themselves as “Reska.”

Tanner pulled his hand back slowly and picked up the tablet as it pinged with the message. "We already have him. We found him when we thought he was getting mugged earlier tonight. V's talking to him now." He pulled up a snapshot of the kid, Reska and held the tablet out for Tyra to see.

It doesn't seem to click right away when she's told they have him already. It's not until she looks up at the tablet and sees the picture that her eyes burned bright and the excitement returns with a bright smile "Wait what?! Take me to him!" she exclaims, reaching out to grab an arm or collar, whatever she might reach.

Tanner shoved against the table and jumped up to his feet, launching his chair to the ground, when she moved to grab him. "Easy." He said taking a shaky breath. "I can't take you to him, just yet. I will! I promise. But he's being questioned about what we thought was a mugging. Why don't you tell me about the people who were holding him captive?"

She backs up at his reaction, looking at her clawed fingers and the cuffs holding her other arm to the table "Right, Vampire and all that. Oops! Uh, the captors, right! No, I'm not saying anything until I see him face to face."

"Sorry. I may have overreacted a little." He smiled lightly and shook his head softly. "I need something to give to my partner a reason to let that meeting happen... Just a name, or an address. Help me, help you."

"Nope..." she shakes her head, though still smiling "The picture is nice and all, but I need to be sure. Are you sure there's nothing you can do?"

"V's not as nice and friendly as I am. I just need something... The person you killed, did you know them? Did you know they were a member of the Dragonbloods?"

She ignored his question, stopping him right at his first statement because she REALLY wants to see Reska right now. "Have you asked?"

"I won't." Tanner shook his head gently. "Not without something. Because this is a negotiation. I have something you want and you have something I want. You give, I'll give."

"Yes, the difference is, you need my info to move your case along. One way or another, if you really do have Reska, I'll see them if I bide my time." She narrows her eyes a bit like a protective mother, even though she isn't technically the kids mom.

"I don't give in to childish pouting. You wanna play the waiting game? Fine." Tanner picked up his chair and put it back upright and sat down kicking his feet up onto the table. "I'm paid by the hour. I can sit here all night and I have no reason to go home in the morning so... Let's see how bad you wanna see your little friend, Reska."

She seems to growl a bit before laying an arm across the table and proceeds to rest her head on it. Probably intending to go to sleep, well maybe nap since it's technically day time for a vampire. "Your game keeps me out of jail."

"I've out-stubborned a troll and two orcs. Let's do this." Tanner picked up his tablet and pulled up a really happy sounding mindless game. It was beeping and chiming as he slid his fingers across the screen.

It's right about now that the door opens behind them and her light elf lawyer walks in standing tall and proud, it's like Vornalla with more of that annoying regalness to their... everything. "Apologies for being late detective, you were supposed to wait but I was briefed on what's happened so far."

"Your client wanted to move forward so we did. Now she wants to stonewall me so we're just going to sit here for a minute." Tanner never looked up from the tablet as it chimed again and he moved up a level.

"As I've stated, detective, I've already been informed, I'm aware she wished to move forward. I would hope you're also aware that you're supposed to work with her and strike a deal. Did your partner fail to mention this?" she asked rather condescending and moves up to a seat that been beside Tyra, laying a briefcase on the table and glares at Tanner playing games "So? What's the issue here?"

"The issue is, I offered her a deal and she declined. Now she's stone walled me and I'm unwilling to wave on my end of the deal. So, we're gonna see who breaks first." Tanner smiled his most prince charming of smiles. "You're actually a lot cuter than I thought you'd be..." He winked at the light elf lawyer before turning back to his game, it started playing a little song as he hit a bonus level.

The lawyer just seems to start writing something down and completely gives Tanner the cold shoulder. No doubt writing something about professionalism on the job or something of that nature. "Doesn't sound like she declined from what I heard." the lawyer looks over to Tyra and... oh, no smile when there probably should have been one "Would you trust me if I assured you Reska is in the other room?" Tyra looks over at the lawyer and then looks at Tanner to narrow her eyes "I don't know. I suppose..."

"I told ya, V's talking to him." Tanner shrugged lightly, still staring at the tablet. "But yeah, listen to the person who gets paid to lie, not the cop who saved your friends life." He shrugged again.

The lawyer remains unphased by Tanner's words. "Now you complain after getting what you want?" they shake their head and look over to Tyra with a nod before speaking again to Tanner real quick "She gives you some info, then you march her right over to your partners room. We also need to talk about jail time, she's the one who looks after Reska. Does that work with you, detective?"

"Ha. Level fifty-two." Tanner turned the tablet so they could see it too. "I honestly don't know why the fact that she's housing some street kid has any bearing on the matter that she murdered someone. Unless she can give me truthful confession about it being self defense, I see a lot of jail time in her future. But yeah, I need information. And no, I'm not marching her anywhere. I'll let her see him, but I'm not going to interrupt my partner or move her anywhere. "

The lawyer proceeds to just shake their head and writes something else down now. "Detective, use your brain. Get your snippet of info, move into the listening room, and wait for your partner to include assuming they haven't already. As for the jail time, they have what you need and are willing to cooperate if you stop being difficult. I would also be willing to argue the case, I believe it would be rather easy if you prefer to go that way."

"You're extra cute when you're being bossy." Tanner smiled again. "I don't have to leave this room until I hear what I need to. Or when my partner pages me into the other room. So, get talkin' or get comfy." He leaned back in his chair some and started tapping one of his feet lightly in the air. "Like I said, jail time for murder is usual. And I don't have the final say on how long that is. That's up to the DA but if I don't have good reason to tell them to make it a slap on the wrist I ain't gonna." He looked back at his tablet, but he closed the game down and started scanning through the personnel file for the lawyer, he was looking at some of their past cases to get a feel for who he was dealing with.

The lawyer is Anariel Firebird, she's a public defender but she's zealous and trying to get her name out there, make it big time. Looking at their track record, they do quite well. Now, a defender winning in general doesn't happen all that often, though she does have some complete wins. When it comes to getting the best deal, she seems to know what she's doing.

She proceeds to pinch the bridge of her nose "Detective, I'm aware of the terms. I am asking you if that is acceptable. If you get some information, will you go into the listening room and wait for an opportunity or not?"

"Anariel, are you trying to get rid of me?" He shifted his weight and put his feet back on the floor and leaned in a little bit closer to Tyra. "They assigned you the hottest lawyer in the docket. And their kind of pretty. You wanna start talking to me and then I'll go get Reska for you?" Tanner was still being his normal sweet self to Tyra and only coping an attitude with the lawyer.

"No, I am trying to do what's best for my client. You can halt your flirtations or whatever you wish to call that. Save it for the dark elf or something, I have no interest." she seems to wave everything off, not even caring whether or not he was actually flirting. They just nod at Tyra and she smiles with hope "We were captives to the Dragonbloods. Is that enough for right now?"

"Please... Dark Elves have higher standards that you Light Elves..." He muttered with a small wink. He tilted his head to the right and narrowed his eyes slightly, "If you were held captive by them... Why and how did you kill one on the street?"

The light elf just kind of scoffs in amusement. Tyra was about to continue speaking but the lawyer cut in, stopping them with a hand "You got your snippet of info as agreed. My client would be willing to cooperate further after they see the kid again. Also, you don't really know much about Dark Elves do you?"

Tanner let a flicker of annoyance cross his face before he smiled his most prince charming of smiles and leaned back in his chair again turning to look at Anariel. "I know an awful lot about Light Elves, like how you're act of superiority vanishes the second you get aroused. Where Dark Elves tend to know they can do better than a mediocre human. I mean, if you want me to prove my argument, I'm free in the morning."

"Ah, so you only know the degenerates succumbing to society." they shrug "Believe as you wish. I shall sit here with my client while you do whatever it is you need to do to move things along."

"You see, she's tempted but she has to pretend she's not interested." Tanner smiled a real smile at Tyra. "Look Ana, you started it. I just offered to finish it, with a happy ending." He winked again. "I want to help you Tyra, but I need a little more than what I already knew. You had already told me that Reska was held Captive... Tell me something new to work with and we can get things moving."

"Anariel, and no, I'm not interested..." they proceeds to look over to Tyra and shook their head "You already gave something hmm? I guess you have to go a little further then..." they instruct to their client. Tyra frowns a bit and continues on "They used some kind of drug on me. Not sure what it was for, but my memory after that was hazy at best up until I killed that Dragonblood."

"How did they administer the drug? Was it ingested or injected?" Tanner asked finally taking this serious again.

"It was injected." Tyra responds.

"Do you mind telling me where so I can verify by seeing the injection point?" Tanner asked softly, not taking his eyes off of Tyra. Even if she didn't say where he was sure she might make a move or look to the spot.

She moves her head aside and points to a spot on her neck where vampires usually bite, the jugular vein leading to all the major veins of the body "Right around there. It hurts for a while, makes me feel weak and without energy, and then it goes fuzzy."

Satisfied with the information she received from her partners questioning just now, Vornalla heads back into the room with Reska. She looks over to the kid momentarily and took a seat before jumping right into it "So, Tyra was saying something about being Dragonblood captives, can you confirm that?”.

Reska jumped up sitting up straight, the look of pure fear on his face. “She-she said what?” He stuttered out, his left hand started to shake he was terrified.

"You heard me. Like I said, we're trying to help you out. She also mentioned something about a drug, do you know anything about that? Did they give this drug to you as well? Or were you just Tyra's incentive to go along?"

He pulled his left arm back quickly and moved to perch his heels on the chair he was sitting on, tucking his arm between his chest and knees. “I wanna talk to Tyra... I’m not saying anything until I talk to her or a lawyer. I’m a- a minor. You have no right to question me without a guardian or representative.”

She chuckles a bit "Oh so now it comes out. See, I was under the impression that you were 25. Not sure how much you think you know, kid, but you don't actually need anyone around to answer questions and parents or guardians have no right being around during an interrogation anyways. However, your refusal to speak without consulting someone is a different issue, so" she stands up again and makes her way over to the door "I'll be back soon, with Tyra..." she looks over her shoulder and smiles a bit before walking out and heading back into the listening room to check on Tanner's progress.

Meanwhile back Tanner’s room as Vornalla once again tried to question Reska.

Tanner stood up and moved over to her side and looked at her neck, he could see the puncher wound there. "But the fuzziness cleared before or after you attacked the victim?" He asked still standing beside her looking at her neck.

"After. I fed on them. I'm a vampire and went into a frenzy."

"Did you feel like you were in a frenzy when they dosed you or only when you were going after the creep you killed?" Tanner leaned on the table beside Tyra and crossed his arms over his chest looking puzzled.

She shook her head, "It's hard to say, but everything I know points to a frenzy." Anariel would chime in after that "I believe that is enough for now. Go see how your partners 'interview' is coming along."

"Yeah, that's really good to hear Tyra. I mean, I'm really sorry you got drugged... But that will definitely help your case. Just one last question, if I may?" He shot Anariel a look warning her to be quiet if she wanted him to move on. "Are the Dragonbloods made up of other Vampires or are they something else?"

Anariel would return the glare "I believe that question can be answered after the good detective upholds their end of things. And any other questions they may have."

Tanner smirked lightly. "You are extremely sexy right now." He raised his hands in a shrug. "Alright, I'll see where V's at... But, don't forget my question, I'll want it answered when I come back." He grabbed up his wallet and the picture of his wife, he tucked the picture back inside and slipped the wallet in his back pocket. Then picked up his tablet and coffee, walking towards the door. "Do either of you need anything? Coffee, water, B negative or a make out session in the hall?" He asked with another smirk, as he paused at the door.

"Keep dreaming, human." Anariel responds unphased, waving him away when he stops to ask about other random things. They proceeds to talk with Tyra, nothing major for now, just a bunch of smalltalk, are they okay, all that stuff.

"Such sweet dreams they will be." Tanner smiled with a chuckle as he ducked out of the room and closed to door behind himself. He let out a long deep sigh and let his shoulders slump as he dropped both the tablet and the coffee cup on the table beside his gun.

Vornalla looks over to the door as her partner enters the room. She looks back to see the lawyer making small talk with Tyra and then over her shoulder to see the nervous kid waiting to be reunited. Before she has a chance to speak, some of the others in the room assisting and listening look over to Tanner and starts joking about Vornalla "Looks like you got yourself a good 'bad cop' there eh? Absolutely ruthless, oh man!"

Vornalla smirks with a bit of embarrassment, rolling her eyes, shaking her head, and sighing heavily "Kid was being difficult. Tried passing as an adult so I treated him like an adult. Wasn't until I started telling him some of the stuff you got out of Tyra that he just shut down and demanded either Tyra or a lawyer so all bets were off at that point..." she grumbles a bit and looks over at the others behind her "What, nothing about him flirting with the lawyer?! A real skirt chaser this one..." the others, both men, just kind of shrug and congratulate Tanner on the attempt. Vornalla pinches the bridge of her nose and gives up "Fine, whatever. So, Tanner, got anything else to tell me or should we just make this meeting happen now?"

Last edited:
Tanner waved the other guys off, he seemed annoyed. "I was trying to piss her off... You should have heard the nasty shit I used to say to the Male lawyer assigned to one of my old cases." He was glaring through the one way mirror at Anariel and crossed his arms over his chest. "Besides, Light Elves really aren't as much fun as you'd think..." He shrugged lightly and sighed, letting his shoulder slump again. "Not with ice queen in there running interference. I was actually connecting to that girl and she-!" He cut himself off by shaking his head hard. "I understand the point of a lawyer, I do. What I don't understand is stopping your client from admitting it was an accident and not premeditated murder." He raised his hands in a shrug, still seemingly annoyed. "Sorry. I'm not even sure what all you heard... You didn't hear me talking about you, did you?" Tanner asked raising an eyebrow as he turned to finally look at Vornalla.

Everything else mostly went out the window when Tanner seemed to imply he might have been talking about Vornalla. She tilts her head to the side a bit with a curious "hmm?" before she asks "You were talking about me were you?" She looked over at the cops behind her with a glare, expecting them to fess up to it, but the bro code prevails and they look away, pretending to be busy "Fine, guess I'll just have to listen to the whole thing later..." she grumbled before turning back to Tanner "Yes, she was rather irritating to deal with. Not sure how to handle this to be honest. The kid's getting antsy, pretty much threw a tantrum wanting to see Tyra. I could try to fill him in and see if he'd be willing to wait around for a while, but the lawyer is probably also expecting us to let them meet and you can't exactly fill Tyra in on the plan while she's there. I think we just need to make it happen and hope they're both cooperative after that? What do you think?"

"All I really said was you had better taste then me." Tanner smirked lightly, glad he had finally gotten a little bit of a rise out of his partner. "I don't see anyway out of this other than seeing if we can get Ana, she doesn't like it when you call her that by the way, out of the room and put the two together and see if they say anything we can use. But I'm really starting to think that Tyra was turned into an unwilling hitman for this murder. She's more weapon than murderer." He groaned softly and raked his fingers through his hair. "I don't think I could get Ana out of there unless I actually harass her and she leaves to file a report against me." He looked at Vornalla with a serious look. "And I'm willing to do that, for the team." He kept his serious look for a full second before his grin won out and he smirked.

"Of course I do, I'm an elf..." she says as if it's a matter of fact and proceeds to think over the rest of what he says. "Yeah, I can see the unwilling hitman thing. We already knew from blood sample with the CSI people that she had some kind of drug in her system. I'll follow up whenever we're done here and see if they managed to figure anything out. I would personally recommend against the harassment, I think I may have an idea to get Anariel out of there. The ADA taking this case is a Dwarf, a Nokhin Shatterstone, I'm sure you know his reputation for being trigger happy about throwing the death sentence around. I'm sure you also know that Dwarves and Elves in the same room aren't simply oil and water, they're oil and sparks. I could try to get him over here, I'm sure he'd want to know the details of the case he's supposed to be prosecuting, decide if he actually wants to take it or not."

"Nokhin? Nokhin Shatterstone?" Tanner laughed out right. "Yeah, tell him I'm here too. He just loves me." He rolled his eyes with another laugh. Shatterstone had tried to get Tanner on death row when he was arrested while undercover, and the Dwarf was very disappointed when he was informed Tanner was untouchable. "I think sparks and oil is just what the doctor ordered. And I wouldn't mind getting some popcorn to watch the fireworks." Tanner couldn't help but laugh again, this was great! He couldn't wait to see old Shatterstone again. "Oh! We should see if my old captain is awake and let him in on this show too. He'd love to watch Shatterstone's face when he sees I'm still alive and well."

She perks a brow "I don't think he loves anyone. I figure you're not going to tell me about it so I'll not bother..." she shrugs a bit. It does seem like he's approving of the idea so that seems to be their game plan here "Not sure if I want to bring more eyes around, but if you REALLY want to invite your old boss, go ahead. I'm going to call Nokhin and talk to the kid..." She grabs her phone from her pocket and sends a message to Nokhin 'Got some info for you, and Anariel is here getting in the way as well. Want me to owe you another drink?' The information she has is obviously not in his favor since it seems to imply that Tyra was unwilling, but that is also valuable because he could refuse a case guaranteed to stain his record. If that wasn't enough, Dwarves love drinks, the cheaper the better. With the message sent, she walks into the room with Reska "So, I have good news and bad news. Good news is that you'll be meeting Tyra, the bad news is that we need the lawyer to leave first and I have someone on the way who might be able to help with that. You willing to wait around?"

"I've told ya before, I'm an open book past chapter fifteen." Tanner said, sounding a touch hurt, in reply to her dismissing him by saying she wouldn't bother to ask about his past with the Dwarf. "I just thought it'd be fun for you to meet my old Chief and to see the look on Shatterhorn's face when he sees me. But if you're gonna be be this argumentative I'll just let you do your thing." Tanner picked up his gun and clipped it back on his belt before he picked up his coffee and tablet and with a little wave headed back towards his desk.

"I'm not leaving without talking to Tyra..." Reska said softly, he was still nervously pacing the room and biting at his finger nails again. His arms were wrapped around himself in an almost hug fashion and his fingertips were bloody from him biting at the nails with his fangs. The kid wasn't just nervous, he was sweating and seemed very on edge.

"Yeah, you did say something like that I suppose. Maybe I'll ask you later, doesn't really matter to me one way or another..." she added in before heading into the room with Reska. She is somewhat curious, but she's been talking a lot of shit at the same time about him just being a mediocre human or whatever. He'd probably definitely never let her live it down if she went asking so she's probably not going to bother in the end. If anything, she'd just go read his file but feels like that would be cheating assuming any of what's on it is true, because she knows that her own file is mostly made up.

Vornalla looks at the shakes her head a bit. She looks up a bit and sighs heavily, kind of like 'why am I about to do this?' as she walks up and tries pat Reska and calm him down "Hey, hey, everything's all good. Like I said, I have someone one on the way who's going to allow me and my partner to make this meeting happen. We just don't want the lawyer around because shown to be particularly annoying and zealous. Is there anything I can get you in the mean time? Towel or something? You seem to be chewing yourself up pretty good there."

Tanner dropped his things on his desk gently and then pulled the wallet from his back pocket, he paused staring at the old leather thing. He sat down slowly and opened the wallet again and pulled out the picture of the woman holding the toddler and stared at it. He took a shaky breath as he stared at the beautiful woman, this photo was such a faint memory for him now... She'd never smiled like again in all her life, it was a perfect lie of a happy family captured in this image forever.
"Hey, McHaile!" One of the front desk women came over to his desk she was holding an envelope. "Some woman dropped these off for you and said, 'I'm not signing these' before she just left. Your names on the front." She handed it to him and left with a little shrug.
Tanner looked puzzled before he realized exactly what it was. It was the divorce papers he'd sent to his wife. "So... She's out now." He tucked the picture away in his wallet and dropped the envelope on his desk and tucked the wallet back in it's drawer.

Reska flinched away from Vornalla and shook his head with a sheepish look. "I-I-I don't feel good..." The boy admitted softly then he shrugged his shoulders taking another bite at his fingers. "I'm... I'm starving! And it's getting worse." His bright red eyes flashed as he turned to back away from her watching her like he was afraid, but he wasn't afraid of her, he was afraid of what he might do to her...

When Reska starts talking about not feeling good, Vornalla suddenly realizes what the issue is and gets up to back away "Oh, you want some blood? Hold on, let me see what I can do about that." she proceeds out of the room and looks around to find Tanner has gone somewhere. She heads over to an SID room where they keep certain provisions for different creatures, one of them being vampires. She reaches into a blood storage and grabs a bag of blood and a cup and heads back up to the room with Reska. She would leave those on the table in front of him "Here, this is what you need to calm down."

Vornalla would walk back out to give Reska a few moments to himself and this is when she notices a message she got at some point during questioning earlier. It's an unknown number, but it's one that seems to know her based on the message. "You never came back like you said. Currently up in level 1, not sure how you manage to live up here, perhaps you want to meet sometime?" She doesn't really need to know the number though, some of the implications make it fairly clear that it's probably her brother. Way down underground where her kind tend to live, her brother was a complete psychopath and Vornalla wasn't really spared. That isn't really uncommon behavior down there, but Vornalla decided she had enough at some point. She lied, said she was going up to do a big job on some rich people, but she never went back down. Changed pretty much everything about herself and joined the PD so she can fight against this kind of thing. Now he's here and looking for Vornalla.

Shortly after this is when Nokhin would arrive, a message to Vornalla letting her know that she's here. She would in turn send a message to Tanner letting him know that Nokhin has arrived and already managed to start irritating Anariel. Tanner would be informed that it's actually quite amusing and that he's missing out. The Elf is apparently losing her composure as the dwarf constantly talks a whole lot of crap and isn't taking anything seriously. By the time Tanner makes it back over, the two lawyers already be in a different room to continue their bickering elsewhere, and Vornalla looks a bit shaken up.

Last edited:
Tanner had completely froze up for the longest two minutes in the history of the world. She was out of prison and the way she choose to let him know was to personally drop off the unsigned copy of the legal papers he'd sent to her. They hadn't spoken to or seen each other since her trial almost two years ago. Someone had to have known she made parole! Someone had to have given testimony or vouched for her! Someone... "That son of a bitch..." Tanner muttered then dropped his head down onto his desk with a solid thud. 'Of course' He thought with a shake of his head, his forehead still laying on the desk. 'Aldrik knew, that's why he came to have a drink instead of just calling, he thought you'd found out and came to try and explain himself. Bastard.'

Reska waited until Vornalla was out of the room again before he moved back to the table and picked up the bag of blood, he didn't bother with the cup, what was the point in that? He carefully bit into the plastic bag and started to drain it. Poor kid acted like he hadn't fed in a couple of days the way he was gulping it all down. He didn't even spill a single drop as he emptied the bag. He dropped the completely empty and now dry bag on the table and ran his tongue over his fangs a couple times over. He was much calmer now and seemed to take on a more confident posture. He tilted his head to the right as he could hear something now, it sounded like people arguing?

Tanner groaned being pulled from his thoughts by his cuff paging him with Vornall's message. "Oh yeah..." He said standing up slowly and picking up his tablet again. "I'm still at work." He muttered the last part and ran his fingers through his messy hair as he went toward the listening room. As he came in he noticed his partner didn't have her usual annoyingly smug demeanor. "You good?" He asked as he set his tablet down on the table and started unbuttoning his sleeves and rolling them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back