• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Vornalla nods, she'd of course been watching the whole thing and brought in a friend from the Narcotics division, Officer Ramirez, another human with a cybernetic eye that's obvious and probably something on his brain to help with identifying drugs. "Yeah, I can tell. I'm sure you also picked up that she knows more about it. You said she's a 'user' of something harder, she looks kind of trashy, but her speaking and habits don't really line up with a junkie. I think she might have every reason to chance it with the Dragonbloods over whoever she thinks she's protecting." she walks over when someone enters with a vial of blood from Tyra they were using for DNA evidence. She hands it over to Ramirez who promptly leaves the room "Ramirez is going to have her blood tested for drugs and get back to me tomorrow so I guess that's it for tonight. Get back into the holding cell and I suppose I'll go speak with the lawyers bickering in the other room."

Before she steps out of the room, she looks back to Tanner "I suppose you have a choice. You've been yawning all night, if you want to call it in, go ahead. Alternatively, if you wish to deal with lawyers then you can follow me into the next room. I don't know who the defender is, but the prosecutor is Nokhin Shatterstone." With that she makes her way over to the next room. Nokhin is a dwarf, male, with a tendency to quickly pitch the death sentence. He seems a bit ecstatic and trigger happy, but he does take his work seriously. He also happens to be fairly upset that he has to argue with a defender at about 3 in the morning. He could have been at the bar.

Tanner looked at his cuff to check what time it was, he waved Vornalla off when she offered he could talk to the lawyers. He hated lawyers. Had to deal with them for months on end when he came back from his undercover work. His old Captain was supposed to be calling him in just a couple of hours, he looked at his coffee and couldn't bring himself to try and finish it. "I'm gonna go to my desk, do some research on the Dragonbloods. My old boss should be giving me a call soon too." He said trying to keep another yawn from coming.

Before he left he watched as the uniforms came to move Tyra... He actually felt bad for her. He'd seen this kind of codependent behavior a lot when he was a kid, his own mother had stayed in an abusive marriage because she just couldn't see a way out. He flinched out of his memories and glanced around like he didn't remember where he was. "God, I'm tired..." He sighed, placing he still full coffee mug down and picking up his gun and holster. He put his gun back on his belt, is the same spot as always, then he picked up his jacket and pulled it on. The jacket was bullet proof, and he'd had it specially designed to have the words "Police, SID" light up across the back if and or when he'd have to chase someone through crowds.

He made his way back to his desk and had started typing on his keyboard, but it only took about twenty minutes of staring at the screen before he dozed off at his desk. He slept soundly, his breath was light little sighs leaving him, until he was smacked in the back of the head by an open hand. Tanner jumped up and had pulled his knife from his jacket but when he saw who'd smacked him he laughed. "Good to see you sir." He said as he shamefully put his knife back in his jacket.
"Easy Tin-man...." The Captain of the DEA said before he pulled Tanner into a tight hug, with a laugh.

Vornalla sighed at his refusal to join her with the lawyers "Oh yeah? I'll remember that next time. I guess, let me know if you get anything from your old boss. I'm probably going to head straight home after I'm done with the lawyers. Downside to being Nocturnal is that my 'days' are shorter. I get about 8 hours of 'daytime' out of the 24 hours, I COULD stay up, the sunglasses mostly spare my eyes." she shrugs her shoulders and walks out. Already outside of the room, she can hear the raspy, hearty laughter of the dwarf mocking the defender. She would walk in the find that the defender is an Elf, a 'light' Elf and they've apparently been roasting each other the whole time instead of doing anything productive.

She shakes her head and calls out for their attention and starts going over the situation. The defender of course wants to do everything in their power for the benefit of Tyra, keeping them from being held here and things like that. Naturally, Nokhin is quick to suggest execution as a joke and proceeds to throw another jab at the Defender. Vornalla sighs and continues to ask about it and eventually, she's able to strike a deal. The lawyer gets to watch the interrogations and intervene if needed, they make an effort to strike a deal weighted in her favor, and in return, Tyra remains here a few more days. She grumbles on the way out of the room, a sigh of relief, that was a long hour and a half.

She heads home immediately after that, closing all the blinds, windows, curtains, anything that would let in a little outside light and she goes to sleep. She would wake up the next day with about seven more hours of daylight where she proceeds to just sit down at her desk and go over whats been gathered so far. It's a Dragonblood Coven member that was killed, they happen to live in a building that used to be owned by drug dealers. They questioned the one responsible for the murder and learned that she's afraid of something and trying to cover it up. Their game plan? They need to see about showing sympathy, become her friend maybe. Aside from that, maybe there's another lead to look at, she doesn't really feel like going right back to the questioning. There is the narcotics thing and any information Tanner might have gotten, but what about back at the murder scene? There probably isn't anything there, but she kind of wants to check anyway.

She finally leaves at about 7pm, the sun is going down and she makes her way over to the police station where she's greeted by someone in the DEA in regards to the blood sample. "Detective, we have the lab results. The drug isn't one currently in our database. The blood shows signs of chemical compounds we know to tamper with Vampiric properties. What these compounds are supposed to be changing, we don't yet know, but we thought you would want to know the initial findings." Vornalla thought long about it and nods "Good work gentlemen, let me know if you find out anything else about it." She heads over to her office to think about it a little. Tyra looked like trash and she supposedly went feral. Was she some kind of 'lab rat?' Question is, did she escape or was she unleashed? From/by who? She heads over to the firing range to kill some time for Tanner to arrive.

Tanner hugged his former Captain and dear friend Aldrik back tightly. "I meant for you to give me a call you insane nutjob." Tanner laughed, then looked at the time. "Shouldn't you be in your office, you know, doing your job?"
Aldrik smirked softly. "Medical leave. I got stabbed a few days back." He waved off Tanner's concerns before he could even speak them. "When's the last time you got drunk?" He asked with an almost wicked grin.
Tanner nodded his head lightly with a chuckle, "It's been a minute..." He admitted and let Aldrik put his arm around him and lead him out of the station.

The two ended up at a mid level bar and drank until late afternoon, Aldrik brought out a side of Tanner that other's rarely saw. He could make the cocky little street kid side of Tanner come out. It's what made Aldrik take the rookie straight out of the academy and put him straight into undercover work, he could tell the first moment he met the boy he was tough headed punk trying to be a good guy. And in their line of work they hadn't needed some bright eyed cadet going and pretending to be a badass, they'd needed a badass who knew right from wrong. Aldrik was like a proud father when it came to Tanner. At every turn the boy had impressed everyone, he'd been beaten to a pulp and wouldn't break his cover, he'd had to do things that no excepted he could do. For two years Tanner had been the thing he joined the force to stop.

They finally parted ways around noon, when Tanner poured Aldrik into a cab. He went back into the bar to close their tab, the old man had bought most of the first rounds so Tanner would take care of the rest. "You aren't planning to drive yourself home, are you?" The bartender asked with a raised eyebrow, she was a very beautiful wood imp. "No..." Tanner said shaking his head lightly. "I was hoping I could trouble you for a ride... To your place." He smiled his most prince charming smiles and the wood imp laughed softly before she bit her lip lightly looking Tanner up and down.

----------

Tanner woke up to his cuff beeping loudly, he had to be at work in an hour. "Shit!" He swore and jumped up scrambling to get dressed. "What's your hurry...?" The Wood Imp asked as she sat up in her bed. "I'm gonna be late for work..." Tanner said then put both his hands on the bed and leaned in to kiss her deeply. "We should do this again sometime..." She purred when he got back up and started pulling his clothes on. He chuckled softly and made sure he had everything, he hadn't buttoned his shirt and just pulled his jacket on over it. "I gotta go..." He said before one last kiss. "Call me, when you want to have fun, again." She called to him as he ran out the door. He made it to an express lift and started heading to station. Once there he ducked into the parking garage and went to his car and popped the trunk, he had everything from ratty street clothes to nice suits in the back of his car, all neatly folded and organized. He pulled his dirty clothes from yesterday off and tossed them into the back seat of his car and changed into a nice crisp and clean outfit. Dark blue jeans and a shirt that was black with deep purple sheen to it. He then brushed his hair quickly, grabbed his jacket and closed the trunk of his car and went to the lift to go up to his desk.

He only made a quick stop at his desk to grab a bag with his tooth brush and deodorant. He went and cleaned himself up in the locker room and then grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at his desk at exactly 8pm. He'd never been late a day in his life.

Last edited:
Vornalla fires off several magazines, she's a pretty decent shot. It's probably about time that Tanner should be getting here so she calls it in and leaves the range. She doesn't actually know where his desk is quite yet, but she manages to spot him scurrying around to get to his desk on time and follows him there. When he finally sits down and sets down his cup of coffee, she's leaning back against the wall with her arms crossed, watching. She smiles a bit and shakes her head before doing the obvious 'eh hem!' sound to get his attention "Good evening Mr. Tanner. I hope you didn't have any troubles remembering when you're supposed to be here?" She grins but she really has no idea how he spent his night, and she probably wouldn't really care either since he managed to get in just barely on time. "Were you able to get any information from your old boss? I managed to get a deal with the lawyers and have some preliminary info from the DEA guys." She wears the black long coat again and has the black/purple sunglasses on, but the rest is different. Unlike someone, she had the opportunity to shower and didn't need to change in a hurry. She wears a somewhat tight fitting, but shorter dark purple top that reaches down to about the center of her navel where it's shown that she has a piercing, a simple golden curved barbell with a little purple gem, seems she really likes the color purple. The pants are similar to yesterday minus the rhombus shaped slits, all black.

"You got a ton of paperwork or are you able to come along?" she'd finished her paperwork about an hour ago, wasn't all that much to go through. She pushes forward from the wall and starts giving a few details "It would seem Tyra was under the influence of something after all, a new drug the DEA didn't have on record. Some of the compounds found in her blood sample are known to alter Vampiric traits, they just don't know which traits are altered and how they are altered yet. I kind of want to go back to the scene from yesterday and see if anything goes different, but at the same time, I don't really feel like there's anything else to be found there. What do you think? I have a bit of a theory I've been flirting around with after getting that info this morning, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I think Tyra might have been a lab experiment?" She would be studying him a bit. Not to be the suspicious partner, but he can't really have just woken up, could he? She understands the schedule is a bit different from what he's used to, but it can't be THAT difficult. She's curious if anything.

Tanner groaned softly and squinted up at her. "Whoa... Too loud, too fast..." He picked up his coffee and showed it to her, "I haven't even had my first sip yet. And! It's Mr. Detective McHaile. Tanner is my first name." He smirked lightly and waved his hand over his spotless desk. "I did my paperwork last night..." He said sounding a little smug, then nodded along with what she was saying. "Street name for this new drug is Dragon's Tears, also my Captain may swing by again later, don't be surprised if he's a little hungover." He chuckled softly taking a large gulp of coffee. "Aldrik said it's just rumors, but it's like a new cocaine... Hypes you up, but it's being marketed to vampires exclusively. He doesn't have any solid leads on it yet, it's just rumors but it sounds like we got basically the same information." He shrugged and moved from sitting in his chair to leaning on his desk, so he wasn't looking up at her. "If you wanna check the sense out again, I have no problem. Sometimes people who are too scared to come forward will come back later, racked with guilt for not coming forward." He looked down into his coffee mug, it was almost empty now. "She's definitely a pawn in this and she's scared of something or someone. She's acting more like a battered woman than a junkie." His voice had changed a little bit, it'd gotten deeper as he stared into his mug swirling the liquid inside slowly. "She's either protecting someone or so scared of what they might do she'd rather go to prison than face them." His mind had started drifting to memories of how his mother used to make excuses for his dad all the time and how he'd stayed because he was too afraid to leave his mother alone with that man...

She raises her hands a bit in surrender at the correction of his name. She moves to stand directly in front of his desk and looks at the lack of paperwork as he presents it "So you did..." she said a bit impressed about that, just an approving nod of her head. "I don't know where these rumors come from, but I'd rather wait and see what the guys from the lab say, DEA gave me a bit of shit for giving them the sample but all the CSI folks were asleep..." she rolls her eyes a bit like that's typical "Though, dragon's tears is an interesting name for a drug. Do you think the Dragonbloods are involved with this one? I suppose it's possible, but it also sounds a little too obvious. Did you ever figure out what happened with the dealers anyway?" She would nod her head to the door a bit "Want to go then? I kind of do want to check it out again in that case?" She asked, turning back to face him after a few steps, watching as he seemed to trail off into other thoughts after this subject is brought up "Not to pry, but it seems to me like you already have an idea whether she's protecting or just scared?" she looks away a bit, she kind of regrets bringing it up out of the blue "I shouldn't have..." she takes a deep breath "Lets just go yeah? Or did you want to do something else here while I go check out the scene again?" She kind of hopes he'll come just in case anything were to happen, but she's mainly giving the choice on the chance something is bothering him now. Whether or not he decides to come, she's going to head out to her car and get ready to head down to section 20 again, maybe grab a drink along the way.

"Aldrik said when the Dragonbloods showed up they started clearing out all the old gangs. People either moved down a level or two or just vanished. Normal turf wars stuff, the Dragonbloods just won." He shrugged softly, like it wasn't news or even that rare to hear about a new gang coming into a lower level town and cleaning house so they'd be the only game in town.
Tanner flinched slightly at her question then blinked a few times very quickly. "She's showing all the signs of someone who's being held captive by fear. But she could also just be playing us for a fool." He smiled lightly, trying to play it off and finished his coffee in one last swallow and grabbed his jacket to follow her down to her car. He climbed into the car and leaned the seat back, crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes. He wasn't sleeping, he was still trying to shake his memories off and focus on the task at hand. But being around Aldrik had brought some very unpleasant memories to the surface again and he was finding it a little hard to push them back into the vault in his mind.

Last edited:
"So, the dealers are probably still pretty close, maybe a little angry that they were pushed out? Hmmm, you call them dealers though, would they know how to make something new like this? They could possibly be involved, but I don't think they're at the top if they are, they just push it if anything." she hums a bit in thought and turns on her car. She notes Tanner making a decision as to Tyra's behavior and starts to drive "She could be playing us, but I suppose that's something we can aim to decide when we question her again. I was able to keep Tyra in the hold, but her lawyer is gonna be watching the interview, a light elf, I don't think they like me very much. We're also supposed to try and make a deal with her, less time, protection, whatever she wants." she steps on the gas, speeding up as usual. She'd already been awake for about eight hours and makes a stop at a drive through to get another latte, four shots of espresso this time. She'd also been looking over at Tanner once in a while, already aware that something was bothering him. "Anything you want as well?" Now with her latte in the cup holder, she starts to make her way over to the lift, ready to go down to section 20 again. After a few more minutes driving, she grumbles a bit and pulls over abruptly "Look, I said I wasn't going to pry, but, I need to make sure your heads on right if we're going to be out and about. Is something bothering you? I'll let you ask anything as well." She turns the engine off and pushes her seat a little back, might as well get a least a little comfortable in case they'll be here a while. She reaches for her drink and takes a good sip of it and looks over with a curious gaze, maybe a little bit of annoyance, he could have stayed back at the station if this was an issue.

Last edited:
Tanner laughed softly and shook his head slowly. "Liquid Moonlight is shipped into the city, that's why it took me two years to find one distribution center. And it was a smaller end operation..." He shifted to put his left hand up under his and had politely declined anything at the drive-thru, and kept his eyes closed her speeding and reckless driving didn't faze him at all. When she pulled over abruptly though he did sit up quickly, looking like he'd expected there to be an accident or something bad had happened but she spoke he stared at her blankly for a long moment. "There is... Something bothering me. I just didn't know if it was appropriate to talk to you about it... But," He looked down and away from her, taking a shaky breath he looked back up at her with a serious look on his face. "Since you asked..." He said quietly. "Do all females outside the human race prefer to be on top and in-charge? I've been with a few different kinds of women, a werewolf, a light elf and a handful of wood imps, they do seem to my favorite... And they always have to have all the control." He had tried to keep a straight face but he could help a little chuckle from escaping him, he tried to cover it with a little cough and then cleared his throat. No one outside of the academy knew anything solidly about his past and he liked it that way. His troubled past was nothing he wanted to share, he didn't need people to look at him differently just because his father had been a jerk and his mother codependent on that jerk.

Last edited:
"Uh huh, and you think this might be coming from elsewhere too? I suppose it's possible, but that would complicate things since it would be out of our reach. I suppose we can worry about that bridge if it ever comes." she'd continued up until the stop when she started to pry in a bit and question. People outside of the academy might not know, but she IS a detective as well, she'll start piecing stuff together one way or another, which might be a bit hypocritical considering her own file is mostly a load of crap. Assuming he wasn't lying here, seems he likes to sleep around a bit, not that it really matters, she doesn't even care to take note of it. "You know, smart ass, all you had to say was that you didn't want to talk about it." she shakes her head a bit and starts fixing the seat back up. She knows there's more too it, he seemed a bit... sympathetic about Tyra and her potential situation? It's almost as if he knew a thing or two about that, or maybe she's just heartless. Not really off the table for a Dark Elf, but she would like to think otherwise and doesn't assume that to be the case. She puts her hands up in surrender and starts the car back up "Fine, didn't really expect you to say anything. Just... try and keep your shit together yeah? That's all I was concerned about."

With that, she looks over and pulls back into traffic when she has an opening and takes them over to the lift "Down to level 20..." she flips up her badge which allows her to waive the toll to use the lift and they get lowered down to level 20, same area as last time in a parking garage. She finds an open space and turns the engine off after parking "By the way, it's just that a lot of races see humans as inferior. I mean, you don't really have any special trait, just overall mediocre." she said in answer to his joke of a question earlier, a teasing smirk on her face as she tries to see his reaction before stepping out of the car. She would keep to his pace, walking side by side, as they made their way towards the crime scene from yesterday. Chances are the body has been taken and the area is no longer blocked off.

Tanner snorted then put his hand over his mouth when she called him a smart ass. In his experience that could have gone one of two ways, she'd have a sense of humor and respond like she had, or she could have slapped the shit out of him and request a new partner reporting him for his 'lewd' behavior. This was one of his ways of deflecting questions he didn't like, bad jokes. "I'm at the top of my game! My head is killing me because of my tequila dinner, but I got all my shit together in a neat line." He was smirking softly as they made their way down to level twenty, still amused by her response. She was sassy, and he kinda liked that.

Tanner laughed out right when she called him inferior and mediocre. "I am wounded by your hurtful words!" He barely managed to get the words out through his laughter. It had caught him off guard! No one had ever said such a thing about him. "Honestly, that is one of the meanest things anyone has ever said about me." He climbed out of the car still smiling coyly. He tugged his jacket straight and finally took note of her outfit. They were dressed similarly... Both had gone with black and dark purple. They looked like a couple walking down the street together. It made Tanner laugh again softly. He wondered if she had noticed or if her sunglasses made his shirt look solidly black and she couldn't tell. He glanced around as they got closer to the scene of the crime, more than likely this was a waste of time, CSI had gathered everything they thought was evidence and they'd probably already cleaned up the blood seeing how it was technically a bio hazard. Tanner turned more serious as they arrived at the alley and he looked around again slowly, looking for anyone who might be watching them. "What exactly are you hoping to find here?" He asked with his back to the alley and his eyes moving from window to window of every building on the other side of the street.

Oh slapping him definitely crossed her mind for a moment, but why would it matter? It's not exactly a crime to sleep around is it? How he decides to spend his time is up to him, though the tequila dinner, that's a bit different, perhaps a bit impressive? She was amused by his laughter, but she seemed to think she was just talking about him? She grins "Oh no, I'm not talking about just you, talk about self centered..." says the dark elf, and she knows it, intentionally leaving a momentary pause "but I was talking about all humans, not just you." She noticed, but she didn't really say anything about it, nothing to really be done unless they decided to hit a clothing store for whatever reason. Didn't really bother her anyway and to be fair, the light sensitivity is mostly an issue on the top section or the edge of the city. Down here, it's mostly that god awful neon and other kinds of lighting that get annoying, light from the sun usually being dim at best. They get back to the scene, there's a couple people hanging out in the alley and takes a look around as well "Well, that's why I said you didn't really have to come. I'm not really expecting to find anything, I figure the CSI folks would have cleaned the place up pretty good. It's just that you said someone might show up later for one reason or another, figured it could be worth it. If not..." she shrugs her shoulders a bit "Did you have other plans by any chance? I think we pretty much just need to question Tyra again and the lawyer won't be available until later. I'd also intended to see about getting to know my partner away from listening ears, but it doesn't seem you want to tell me anything, which is fine, I don't blame you." she chuckles a bit "My little evaluation yesterday kind of flipped on it's head didn't it?"

Last edited:
Tanner shrugged lightly and shook his head. "I got no plans. That's the best way to live I find, because every time you plan something out the universe likes to look at your plans and laugh then throws something like a tanker truck through your window, just to screw with you." He sounded very passionate about the universe messing up plans, a little like he held a grudge against the universe... He nodded his head slowly and tensed a little. "You going to take a turn questioning her, or since I've built some kind of rapport do you want me to go at it?" He wasn't sure he'd have it in himself to get hard with Tyra even if that's what the time called for... He turned to smile at Vornalla lightly. "I told you, if you wanna get to know me talk to me. Some people find me charming, not mediocre." He teased, with a smirk. "I'm mostly an open book... The first fifteen chapters are locked away, but after that I don't care. I'll answer any questions you might have, like how can a mediocre human can charm an incredibly beautiful light elf, that was a work of art." He nodded again turning to look down the alley. He tilted his head to the side and squinted lightly, he wasn't sure what it was but something seemed... Different. Maybe out of place. His brain was still foggy from lack of sleep and tequila all morning... He pulled his knife out of his jacket pocket and slowly, absentmindedly started up his habit of spinning it around his fingers.

"Nothing wrong with your method, but it's not how I roll. I know it's not the same context, but I was taught to have multiple plans, you know maybe up to plan F and start at maybe plan C." she lightly shrugs "hasn't really failed me all that much, though I won't deny I enjoy going with the wind now and then." she pushes her back into the wall and crosses her arms a bit, giving Tanner a quick once over "Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. If you think you can get something out of her then go for it. I'm honestly not entirely sure how I want to handle it anyway. Trying to intimidate is out of the question since her lawyer will be watching, and you seem to sympathize. Maybe you SHOULD be the one to go in? I think sympathy and friendship might be the way to go with this one. If it turns out that isn't the case, then I think I'll try next time." she looked up a bit and blankly stared off in thought, though she quickly snaps back into it with a smile when he speaks of charming a light elf "Yeah but that's a Light Elf. They're more common and just about as easy as Humans!"

Naturally, the dark elf finds an opportunity to jab at light elves, but her excitement falls to more of a serious look then she notices Tanner staring down the alley and start to play with with his knife again. She looks down and watches him twirl the knife around his fingers and then peeks around the corner into the alley. It's pretty much pitch black, but she's able to see clearly and leans over, whispering to Tanner "Not sure how I missed them previously, but I see four guys. One of them seems to be held in place by two while being threatened by a third." They would be in the back up against the metallic fence with a dumpster pushed up against it. There's a door from one of the nearby buildings, a bar with a side exit into this alley. She doesn't know if that's what he was seeing, but as far as anything else is concerned, she pretty much chalks it up to the CSI team. She reaches for her holstered pistol and looks over to Tanner "Want to get involved? I can't tell if any of them have group affiliations."

"So you wouldn't fall for my charm, is that what you're telling me?" Tanner asked with his most perfect prince charming smile. He wasn't really being flirtatious, it was just fun to joke and tease.
Tanner tilted his head to the side closer to Vornalla as she whispered, he nodded his head softly. He'd barely been able to make out the movement in the darkness, that's why it'd felt like something was different. "I've got an idea..." He stepped closer to her, he reached with one hand and undid a couple of buttons on his shirt then he reached up and mussed up his hair a little. "Follow my lead?" He whispered with a light smirk, then he stumbled into the alley. "Yes dear! I'm sure... We parked the -hic- down this way..." He said loudly, slurring his words and stumbled a couple more steps into the alley. If they'd gone running in like cops these guys might have made a run for it and with that kind of head start Tanner knew he wouldn't be able to catch them, but if he could get closer he could for sure get one or two of them.

Her only response to falling for his charm is rolling her eyes to the back of her head. Of course not, seems rather obvious to her! She looks down the alley, they're blocked behind them, but the door from the bar is held open by a small box so they'd be able to run in there and grab people even if they block off both exits. The route Tanner seems to be going is a bit of a surprise, but nothing to get embarrassed about, it wouldn't actually be the first time either. With a smirk, she also reaches up and messes a bit with her hair, grabbing one of his hands to slide it around her back to the opposite side and follows along "Are you surrrrrre you're sure!" she asks looking around in pretend confusion "it looks a little different, babe!" she would also slur a bit, but at the same time, she's able to clearly see them. The pair are seen almost immediately and the one guy who was threatening, a human with cybernetic arms and one cybernetic eye, looks over and "Nothing to see here, turn back if you know what's good for ya." he says calmly, appearing to reach behind his back, probably for a weapon.

Tanner put his hand over Vornalla's gun when she wrapped his arm around her back, he'd be able to draw the weapon if something were to happen. "I know where I parked...." Tanner used his free hand to tap her nose lightly. "You never- She never believes in me... I'm not a total screw up ya know.... I've got a great paying job! I'm not a complete loser...." He looked up at the man speaking and his fingers closed over the hilt of Vornalla's gun. "Do I look like I know what's good for me...?" He asked and then hiccuped again hard enough for his shoulders to jump up, he kind of squared his shoulders, playing the drunk who'd be to stubborn to back down from a fight. "Where did you put my car...?" He asked as they got close enough to the group that he could move to block the door to the bar. He took Vornalla's hand in his free had and pressed a mini flash bang in her palm, he was leaving it up to her whether or not they used it, since she was the one of the two of them with light sensitivity. "I think they moved my car..." He said sounding confused.

His hand on her holstered weapon would be concealed by the darkness, though the cybernetic eye could potentially see it, so in that case, the long coat also remains in the way. That wasn't quite what she was expecting, for him to reach for her gun, but it works. She was given the flash bomb and probably won't actually use it because it would really mess up her eyes if she can't look away. They keep creeping closer against the mans protests "Oh drama queen!" she slurs "You're holding an Elf, of course you aren't a complete loser!" she sighs and looks over "He gets like this every single time!" the man gets annoyed and grabs the pistol concealed at his back and starts to point it from one to the other. "Look, I don't know shit about your car, but you two done fucked up!" he looks over his shoulder real quick "Dom!" he calls out, part of a name and one of the guys lets go and starts making his way over to frisk and check the pair "You two just sit tight..." and as the man walks up and starts frisking around, starting with Vornalla, their apparent boss would turn around and point the gun at the hostage.

Last edited:
Tanner let go of Vornalla and put himself in between her and this 'Dom' guy. "Don't touch her." His voice was cold and calm, he'd dropped the act in an instant. He reached out his left hand and pushed against Dom's chest, while his right hand moved quickly and pulled his knife out again. "We don't want no trouble... But I also don't want no one touching my girl." His voice was low and still had a cold calmness to it. "So you back off, and we'll just keep doing what we were doin' lookin' for our car." He smiled lightly and held the little knife with the blade pointed up his arm, it was hidden from sight and at the ready to slash. He was staring through Dom, not really at him, but more through him like he didn't consider this guy a threat at all.

"Dom" backed up at the sudden change in his tone "Oi boss, I think they're cops!" The boss had already been shifting his attention back to the pair at the commotion, and moving his arm around to point the gun at Tanner. At the same time, having clear vision of what was going on, Vornalla was reaching for her gun and freeing it from the holster, bringing it up with her right, support from her left to keep it stable as she steps to the side and takes a few shots at the guys chest. She expects Tanner to deal with the guy in front of him and moves to point her gun at the other guy still holding on to the hostage and freaking out. She brings up her left hand to call this in "20142 to dispatch..." she waits for them to respond before the rest "I have a 3-15b, alley beside the bar on Dorella street, Section 20, potential 3-41, may want a squad car and medic, over." they would respond confirming what she said and then she looks at the guy, aiming her gun "This is the Nova City Police Department, put your hands up and let the man go. I have a few questions and then you might make it out before the squad car gets here."

Few notes, since this isn't Earth, decided to make up police codes
- 3-15b is for officer involved shooting, lethal
- 3-41 is hostage
- 20142 is just her badge number

Tanner caught hold of the front of "Dom's" shirt and drove his knee into the guy's chest, with one hard pull he had the guy laying face down he tucked his knife away and pulled a pair of cuffs from on his belt, he snapped them on the guy and kept his knee planted in his back as he drew his gun. He picked up Dom's gun and tossed it out of his reach, towards the wall of the alley and turned to look at the other two men. "Shit... You're a good shot." He said softly and stood slowly, removing his knee from Dom's back, he walked towards the man who'd been shot to check for a pulse. "Fifty says you can drop that one without even winging the poor guy he's holding onto." He said with a smirk, his gun was trained on the attacker as he knelt by the first suspect and placed his fingers on the man's throat. Dom was still choking, trying to get air in his lungs.

She chuckles a bit "While you were having a tequila dinner, I was hitting the firing range..." she keeps her gun pointed at the last suspect who would be shakily holding a knife to the victim after seeing his boss get gunned down and 'Dom' getting detained. "I'm sure I can, but you know that might get me in trouble." truth be told, she does kind of want to just chance it, could potentially make this a whole lot easier if the remaining suspect decides to be stubborn. She moves over to the side, trying to mess with his angling, keep Tanner or herself a bit more out of sight while he (the suspect) looks at one or the other "Alright, look here buddy, there isn't really a situation where this goes good for you. If you cooperate and answer a few questions, I could be inclined to help you out a bit, I just need you to let that man go, turn around, and put your hands behind your head." It would be in a couple minutes that they start to hear the sirens from the squad car and medic she requested. Their boss would by laying in a pool of his own blood and Dom seems like he's trying to resist and make life difficult, perhaps say something but he's finding that difficult.

When Tanner didn't find a pulse on the "boss" he moved back towards Dom, keeping his gun trained of the guy with the knife. He tapped Dom's side with the toe of his boot, letting the guy know he would kick harder if he tried to move. "You know your rights?" Tanner asked, then started reciting their rights as was practical. It was no time at all before the alley was filled with the flashing lights from the squad cars and ambulance.

The suspect keeps thinking about something, mostly silent, looking back and fourth between Tanner and Vornalla. When the lights are visible out of the alley, he freaks and drops the knife, trying to make a break for it by trying to run past Vornalla, into the bar. The was quick to put her gun away and tackle the guy to the ground on his stomach and grabs a pair of cuffs as she grabs his hands and forces them to his back one by one before tightly cuffing "You shoulda just listened to me..." she said with disappointment in her tone and proceeds to check him for weapons and other stuff, not finding anything besides the knife. Two cops enter the alley and Vornalla helps the guy to his feet before handing him off to one cop and heading over to the victim, crouching down in front of him. "Hey, you're alright now, you okay?" The guy looks up, he's shaken up but looks mostly like he'll be okay on the surface and nods a 'yes' at her response. "Alright, how about you go check in with the medics over there to make sure and then I want to ask a few questions, alright?" The man nods again and goes with the cop escorting the suspect she detained, meanwhile, a medic comes in to check on the 'Boss' to confirm death and calls in a need for a body bag to get this out of here.

Vornalla leans back against a wall and looks over to Tanner, waiting for him to hand off his suspect as well before joking a bit "Your girl huh? And so calmly after dropping the act." she smirks a bit "Not getting a little attached too quickly now are we?" And as much as she would love to continue giving him crap about it, the medic radios in that the victim is a Vampire and she looks over to Tanner "Well, I guess we gotta look a bit more into this after all." she would let him say anything he had on mind before nodding her head towards the ambulance and starts heading over that way. She decides to get blunt with it and get straight to the point "Hey, kid..." she says now able to see the man appears to be a bit younger, maybe 13-15 "any chance you know a Tyra? Vampire?" and proceeds to describe Tyra a bit, receiving a nod 'yes' from the kid "well, mind if we question you back at the station then?" again just a nods yes. She looks over to Tanner "Alright then, guess you get to question Tyra after all. I'll speak with the kid and go from there, sound good?"

After making sure everything here is handled, she would start heading back to her car so they can return to the station and get this round of questioning started.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back