• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

RelicFire

Like the Phoenix I shall raise from the ashes
In the year 2110, there was a special group of cops made to search out not your typical people. The people that there looking for are more dangerous and daring than your normal humans, there's vampires, wolves, anything you can think of it's out there. They've been partners for two years, but one was bit by a vampire three months after he was assigned his partner. He's been fighting his urges to take a bite out of his partner and friend.
I would play:
Name: Tanner McHaile
Type: Vampire
Looks:
f9f45bebac9c9a59f92508b69c984a6e.jpg

Personality: Quiet and nice to his friends but can be mean and physically abusive towards people who tick him off.
History: Tanner was an only child who ran away from home after his mom died, she was the only reason he stay near that abusive man who called himself Tanner's father, he wanted to be a cop to try and make sure that no one else lived through what he and his mother did.
Tanner was bit by a vampire while on one of his first assignments after getting his first partner on the night shift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(( Xeal209 Xeal209 ))

Tanner had passed the detectives exam only a month ago and hadn't gotten used to the night shift yet, he was sitting at his desk cup of coffee in one hand his head face down on the desk. He groaned lowly when he heard footsteps approaching his desk.
"McHaile, my office." The Chief voice boomed as he walked past the new recruit's desk.
"Yes Sir!" Tanner said sounding more awake than he was. He sat up with another low groan and then sipped his coffee and jumped up to follow the Chief into his office.

e98943c435b7eff74210def8e3fc92801.jpg
Name: Vornalla Anear (An-ee-are)
Nickname: Raven
Type/Race: Elf
Personality: Vornalla is a social one, she takes more of a 'hiding in plain sight' approach and likes to act like the masses, often appearing more social than she really is. Her skin tone is a darker gray with light tones of blue and she mainly likes to wear black and dark purples. She's a bit sassy and has no problem being calculating or rolling with the wind.
History: Vornalla never speaks much of her past and changes the story almost every time she does actually tell it. Due to that, no one really knows and her profile in the force is a big archive of random details stitched together that don't make much sense. What we do know, is that she joined the force maybe five years ago and just this morning finally got the confirmation that she's being bumped up to a supernatural detective like she's wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes prior to Tanner meeting with the chief, Vornalla was called up to his office first with the news. "You've been a fine cop the last few years. Starting right now, you'll be in the SID like you've wanted. Now, I need you to sit here a moment while I go find your partner. A rather promising fella that passed his tests a month ago. I guess you could say he's a bit of a rookie since you've been doing this to some extent on your patrols." Vornalla cocks her head a bit to the side, she wasn't expecting a partner, and a rookie? Not sure how she feels about it, but she isn't about to question the Chief and make him change his mind about her promotion. She takes a seat and waits as she was asked.

It would take maybe 10-20 minutes for the Chief to find Tanner and send him up to his office. When he eventually walks in, he would find Vornalla already seated there, staring at him as she figures him to be the partner she was told about. Part of this partnership is that Elves of her kind normally live underground, which makes her eyes more sensitive to lights. They needed someone willing to adjust to a night shift in order to work with her because she sleeps during the day. After the arrangement and starting assignment is given by the Chief, they are dismissed to go ahead and introduce themselves. She would offer a handshake "Names Vornalla, just got promoted."

Their assignment begins with an attack at a lower level hub, some crazed Vampire was caught feeding on someone in public. Normally, Vampires are supposed to have arrangements to prevent this kind of thing. To be in a crazed state would mean they've been neglected for a while, and the new pair are supposed to look into this case and follow it up to the cause. The Vampire in question is already in custody and being treated and held, but this lines up with a chain of recent attacks around that same level, so they figured it's time to send in some investigators and take a look.

*SID = Supernatural Investigations Division

Last edited:
Tanner had no idea he was being assigned a partner! The look of surprise was there for just a moment before he got himself under control, not wanting to offend his partner or annoy the Chief who was giving him the opportunity to go straight to SID, most rookies had to be a normal detective for a few years before even being considered to join SID.

Tanner was also surprised to be assigned to work with a legend among the beat cops. He took her hand and shook it firmly, "It's an honor, Vornalla. I'm Tanner McHaile." He smiled lightly. He then looked at the assignment again pulling the details up on his wrist/cuff computer. He looked a little confused as he pulled case after case up of Vampire attacks around the same areas. "There's no way a single Vampire would be this starved... I mean after two victims you'd think he'd had his fill and the feeding frenzy would end. Unless he's like five hundred pounds."

Tanner moved towards his desk, he did the fingerprint scan to unlock his gun safe and pulled his weapon from the safe and clipped it to the back of his belt, square in the middle. He then picked up his black coat from the back of his chair. "You wanna take lead?" He asked with a smirk, trying to be nice to the senor officer.

Wouldn't exactly call her a legend or anything, she's just a cop... WAS a cop who went out of her way to make herself known. She's wouldn't tell him otherwise tho, she's an elf after all, pride and an ego might as well be basic genes to them. "Yeah I'm..." well he already called her name as he was introducing himself and that kind of threw her off "Vornalla?" she said with question. While he was looking over the files, she was already grabbing her gun and other equipment. A simple pistol and holster, a tazer for a non-lethal option, a black long coat, and a cliche detectives hat someone left in her locker as a joke for the promotion. She grabs the hat with an amused smile and hands it over to Tanner.

"That's because it wasn't the same Vampire. We caught this one, but there have been others. We have no reason to link them aside from the fact that it's sudden and constant. We'll need to split up and get some more civilian clothes on..." she looks him over "Well, I do." seeing as he went straight into the SID, he already fits the 'dress code.' She on the other hand, was just promoted but came intending to go on a patrol. "I think I'll let you take lead, just so I can evaluate and all that, no pressure. You'll take over after I get changed, sound good?" She doesn't really give a chance for him to approve or not before she turns and nods for the elevator. She would take them down to the parking lot and takes him over to her personal car and heads home to change.

She keeps the long coat, it's mostly inconspicuous in this day and age but changes out of the old patrol uniform and gets into a simple black tank-top and some black and some black linen pants with a few intentional sideways rhombus shaped slits on the front of the upper leg. She grabs a pair of black/purple sunglasses which is beyond weird, but she's a dark elf, a flashlight in her eyes is pretty irritating. Once she's done with all that, she heads back out, locks up, and tosses him the keys, unaware that he doesn't like driving.

Tanner chuckled at the 'No pressure' comment. He wasn't really concerned about that, he'd been the best student in all his classes. He'd been an impressive officer before taking the SID's tests. He was extremely devoted and had put his own life on the line for others countless times. Tanner had to choose between either SID or SWAT and with trying to switch to the night shift he was really questioning his life decisions...

Tanner had been trying to stifle a yawn when Vornalla came back out in her street clothes. Tanner tried to be respectful but he couldn't help but look! He hadn't met many dark elves and they were beautiful creatures... He caught her keys and looked at them confused. "Oh," He said with a little nod. "I don't drive." He said holding the keys back out to her, with a small little smile. "I will need more coffee too. I had a rough morning."

She's been helping detectives already, it's not really a surprise that she'd catch him looking, not sure at what. She isn't exactly dressed like the people at the lower level they'd be going to. Her face? He had a better view in the light back at the police station. It's whatever, she doesn't really question it, but she takes a note of it as she approaches, watching him stare confused at the keys. She sighs heavily when he offers them back, tally number one. She reaches out and takes them and gets into the driver seat and puts on the sunglasses before she starts driving "Yeah, some coffee sounds good. Any particular place you prefer?" she drives rather reckless. She speeds and drives aggressive, bullying into lanes and pushing forward, tailgating. A real piece of work this one.

Along the way to the coffee shop he selected, she would ask "Any particular reason you don't drive. Not gonna lie, it's kind of a surprise you made it as a cop without driving, kind of a basic thing." Yeah of course that's going to come up. They might end up in a situation where she can't drive and needs to know what exactly the issue is. It would be a few minutes after before they arrive at the coffee shop.

Tanner laughed softly and shrugged his shoulders, her driving didn't faze him. He'd seen worse drivers and ridden with them in the past. "I can drive. I just don't." He leaned his seat back as she drove and put the hat she had handed him earlier over his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest as she drove to the coffee shop. "I'm not a psycho behind the wheel either..." He muttered into the hat. "I'd just rather ride."

When they arrived at the coffee shop Tanner stifled a yawn as he sat up and then climbed out of the car. He'd barely walked up to the window and the girl behind the counter handed him a very large cup of coffee. "Five sugars. Just how you like it." She said with a brilliant smile. "What do I owe you?" Tanner asked as he licked his lips slowly, the girl blushed and kind of waved him off. "Oh, thank you." He said catching her hand with his free hand and kissed it gently. She fell into a fit of giggles and blushed darkly.

Tanner turned and smirked into his coffee before he looked back at his cuff, there was possible active attack happening about three blocks away. "You seeing this one?" He asked turning slightly so Vornalla could see over his shoulder.

"Alright, just wanted to know if I should be concerned were I ever in a situation where I can't drive." she would say before stepping out of the car, now parked at the coffee shop. Vornalla was standing directly behind him as he seemed to... flirt? It wasn't jealousy, she barely knows the guy, but it's interesting. She walks up after, shades on because they likely have lights on in here. She can take SOME lighting, but this is definitely more comfortable. To her, it's like anyone else looking directly into the sun, bright, annoying. "I'll just have a regular latte with 3 shots of espresso." this is technically Vornalla's morning and she pays up then goes for a seat as the barista prepares her drink.

"Hmm?" she questions before looking at her cuff as well "Huh, well, I suppose we can check it out if you want, but our investigation is supposed to begin several levels down." they're are still on the level with the police station, the nearest elevator down would still be a few minutes away. Around now, the steam wand would sound off once really quick, and then again as the barista lifted the chilled container of cold whole milk up to it, a silent singing as the milk is frothed and eventually tapped a couple times on the bottom. Now they start getting the shots of espresso as the pair continue their chat "Your call... boss." she said with a bit of an amused smirk seeing as she let him take charge already.

Vornalla's name is called and she walks up to collect her latte, heading back to the seat and taking a sip after stirring the layered drink together "Ahh. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea why you were asked to take a night shift?" She's curious to see what he knows about Elves, her kind specifically. Part of the reason she was kept from promotion is that they had a hard time finding a partner willing to live a nocturnal life. That was until Tanner, but she was never really told any of this stuff. They passed it off as not thinking she was ready yet.

"It looks like they've already got two squad cars on it now." Tanner said before he flicked his wrist turning off his cuff, but he had raised an eyebrow at being called boss. It didn't sit well with him to be called that. He tilted his head to the side a little looking at Vonalla over his cup of coffee, as she went to get her 'fancy' coffee. That's when he noticed the number on his cup. He smirked again with a little chuckle.

"Hmm?" Tanner looked confused as he sat with Vornalla at the table. "I volunteered." He said before taking another sip of his coffee. "I had my choice of departments, to join SID they only had a night shift open so..." He trailed off and shrugged again. "I don't have any family or real reason to be awake during the day and I wanted chance to more than just some muscle on the force." He didn't look like he was a typical 'muscle' for the force, those guys almost always looked like they were half Orc or Giant, but Tanner had grown up hard and new how to win a fight. "Actually... It came down to a coin toss. Aren't you lucky to have won that coin toss?" He asked with his most charming of smiles.

It's not really fancy coffee, it's one of the most basic ones you can order. She didn't get all crazy with the flavors, pumpkin spice this and caramel that, just a simple latte. It's quite strong and creamy because of the milk, a fair bit of foam as well. "Yeah I figured they'd have people there already. Was it even a supernatural attack? Might not even have been our department anyway..." she brings her wrist up as she trails off to eye the details, sweeping the hair covering the left side of her face back behind her ear. "Yeah, no, looks like it was a regular good old mugging."

She drinks a good portion of her latte and smiles very slightly "Not sure I would say I'm lucky, that depends on how you perform, but I always suspected something. I was supposed to promote months ago and now this confirms that they simply couldn't find anyone to take the shift with me. See, dark elves are sensitive to light, it would be like you staring directly into the sun. I can see absolutely perfect at night though, that's why I'm wearing this things." she points up at the glasses "Even just the lights in here might be a little annoying. I suppose that means you lost the coin toss." she finishes her drink and waits for Tanner to finish up as well before heading back to the car and stretching a bit before hopping into the driver seat. It's probably about 9pm right now, sun's been down for a while and the night has a good while to go.

Now with 'morning' coffee out of the way, she drives them over to the lift, paying the small toll and brings them down about 20 levels. This far down is still mostly civilized, police patrol the area and supernatural creatures are much more obvious as they don't bother trying to blend in. It's definitely a bit of a seedier area though, writing on the walls, dealers, cheap cybernetic implants with a questionably licensed professional. Their investigation starts in a shopping center, restaurants, pubs, clothes stores, implants, the works. There's a crime scene setup, with a few regular cops guarding it, where the attack happened earlier in the day. Vornalla walks up and flips up her badge to show the new SID badge and nod "What can you tell me about this?" she starts by asking and takes a look around the scene.

Tanner listened Vornalla's every word fascinated by every detail she was sharing about her race. Dark elves were very secretive so there wasn't that much known about them, he was sure he'd heard some of this before about the sensitivity to light but it'd been something passing, probably from school. Before he tossed his empty cup he made a point of scanning the number written on the side and saving it. He winked at the barista as he left.

Tanner sighed before he climbed out of the car, the smell of the lower levels always hit him like a truck. He looked around slowly as he followed Vornalla to the crime scene, this place looked familiar to him. He showed his badge as well and then it clicked into place for him. He'd been here before, some years back now...

"It's a bit of gruesome scene... The victim was ripped apart... Hard to get a positive ID." The officer speaking to them had turned a light shade of green as he spoke and Tanner patted his shoulder. "You're good man. We'll just have to take a look ourselves." Tanner said giving the office a small smile before he moved past him and started into the alley they'd had blocked off. The body, or what was left of it, lay off to the side close to the wall. The throat had been ripped out, each arm had deep lesions down the length of them, even the legs had had huge chunks of flesh ripped from them.

She mainly told him so he doesn't go flashing a light in her face or randomly start asking about the sunglasses, but it also helped confirm her suspicion. There's no way she passed the tests and then 'wasn't ready' for several more months, they just couldn't find anyone. Which is fine, hilarious if anything. She's one of the few dark elves working at this precinct and the others already have their partners. She's someone watching him as she leads to the scene, he continues to follow behind and do what she does, but he's supposed to be leading.

He walks around with the officer and listens to what they have to say. She looked over when Tanner comforted the cop and just looked back into the alley, a bit of a smirk when Tanner finally walked ahead to look around. She has a very clear view of the body and brings a hand up to her mouth, clearing her throat and swallowing. It wasn't an expected sight, definitely not a pretty one, but something to get used to. This is their first case, and it will certainly, hopefully, not be their last. While he examines the body, she uses her sight to look around for anything left behind. They HAVE the suspect in custody, they can go question him any time they want, and they might have to. There isn't really much to find, it's a vampire attack after all. All they really find are bits and pieces of the unfortunate victim here.

She looks around at the businesses around and stands out of the alley, leaning on the wall. "Yeah, gruesome scene indeed, didn't really expect to find anything though..." she says to the officer and looks over her shoulder, around the corner "Find anything over there Tanner?" she has an idea what she would do next, but she wants to see what he says, meanwhile, her vision isn't perfect, perhaps he'd find something she missed if he uses a light. Her vision is good, but it's grayscale in the dark and she's normally pretty good about spotting things, but it happens. She tries to think about potential possibilities. Why would multiple vampires be starved and let loose day after day, about the same time? An experiment? None of the other attackers were caught, maybe they can learn something if one of them were found?

Tanner seemed completely unfazed by the gruesome scene and got the corner to help him move the body looking at the victims right shoulder, there was a blue dragon tattoo with some lettering, the words were impossible to make out do to a tear in the flesh. Tanner snapped a quick photo with his cuff of the tattoo. He sighed softly and stood up pulling the gloves off that the corner had given him. He started to turn back towards Vornalla but paused...

The same dragon was on the wall, the body had been covering it. He snapped another quick photo, the words were intact on this tagging on the wall but he didn't know the langue. "I don't really see anything..." He said moving back towards the victim this time scanning his eyes over the clothing, or shreds of clothing, he'd been wearing. "This is some pricey shit..." He muttered, looking at the designer shoes and a custom made platinum belt buckle.

He pulled up his photo of the words on the wall and walked over to Vornalla. "Can you read... I dunno... Is this that new Werewolf dialect?" He asked with a head shake and a small scuff noise. "Also, that person either doesn't live on level or he's a dealer of something. Normals on this level can't afford the shit he was wearing." He said holding his arm out to Vornalla to see the image he had projecting from his cuff.

While she stood around, she wasn't being lazy and leaving it all to him just because he was in charge here. She was looking off in the distance, watching the people walk around. She wants to see if anyone looked particularly interested about what might be going on here, maybe admiring their handiwork. Doesn't appear to be the case, maybe they already got what they wanted. She looks over to the officer while Tanner was still inspecting and taking pictures "How long have you been here officer? Any chance you took notice of suspicious individuals with a particularly high level of interest in the scene? I know most people probably prod and look, I mean VERY interested, up close or far."

She listens to the officer and then looks over when Tanner comes with questions. She takes a look at the photo and hums a bit "Werewolf dialect?" she looks at the files in her wrist "Noooo, this is supposed to be a vampire attack..." she looks back into the alley "I suppose that certainly looks like a werewolves handiwork..." she looks back at the photo "but, why would we be told it was a vampire attack?" she quints her eyes at the photo, she doesn't know what it says, but the internet is a wonderful thing. She takes a scan of it and tries to get a translation "Hmmm yeah, no, it's Vampire. It says 'Dragonblood Coven'..." she trails off and thinks about it. "I guess this gives us some material for questioning, what do you think we should do next here, boss." she says again as a joke, a bit of emphasis.

The officer was one of the first on the scene and had stayed the entire day watching over it all day. He hadn't noticed anything strange, no one really lingering or being overly interested. He also glanced at the image on the screen. "Those symbols are all over this level... We believe it's some kind of gang around here."

Tanner raised his hands in a shrug as Vornalla told him it was actually Vampire dialect. He could barely speak and read English, he didn't study any other langues. He made a face and was about to comment on the 'Dragonblood Coven' when she called him Boss again. Tanner raised his eyebrow at her and pushed his hands into his jacket pockets. "Why did our victim have that mark tattooed on them?" He asked though he was sure she wouldn't have an answer for that either. "You mind if we scout around a little bit? That poor sap," He pointed at the body as it was moved past them, "Was clearly attacked by multiple Vampires. And if this is gang related, is this some kind of turf battle?" He shrugged his shoulders again and started walking backwards down the street with a smirk to Vornalla. "Since I seem to be the Boss, today I am just gonna take a look around before we head back. You can follow, ask some of our spectators questions or wait in the car." He shrugged again his hands still in his jacket before he turned to walk forwards down the street.

"Hmmm, well thanks anyway, hope you don't have to stick around much longer." She takes another look around the area, seems like business as usual around here. She sighs a bit "Hmmm, you could it a gang I guess. A coven by definition is just a gathering of witches, we all know magic isn't real, but creatures like Vampires enjoy using the term as well. It basically means they have a house, or some location, where a good portion of, if not all of, the members of this 'coven' call home. They don't necessarily do criminal activity, but they share a bloodline and tend to stick together like a big redneck family." she chuckled at her statement.

She pushed forward from the wall to follow Tanner "As for the mark..." she turns back to the alley and then back to Tanner "did you check if it was a fresh tattoo? Could just be something they forced onto their victim, maybe they were a traitor, maybe there's a war between covens going on, it could be neither, they probably just got shredded by some crazies and happen to be in a coven." she shrugged her shoulders "scouting around is probably a good idea. We can ask some of these businesses if they saw anything out here, I don't suspect we'll find anything, I figure the police already asked during their initial investigations, but we can always try again. Also, don't get used to it, I'm only letting you take over for today, maybe a couple days? I'm curious, want to know who they stuck me with." she looks over to a bar nearby, a restaurant next to it, the sight of a deal going on in the alley between those two places. Like it's happening in plain sight to her, but they're lucky she's already busy.

"You know..." Tanner started then let his voice trail off as he narrowed his eyes at a sign. "Huh... It's still here." He said looking up at the top floor, above a bakery, he looked a little sad or lost... "What was I saying?" He asked with a small jump and looked at Vornalla. "Right. You know, if you wanna know about me you have a few options. You can keep messing around like this, you can look up my record or you could ask me." He pulled a small knife from his jacket and started playfully tossing it as he walked deeper into the city, he looked like he fit in here in the lower levels. He even had the posture of someone who was used to being down here, not completely relaxed, like he was ready to be jumped at anytime.

"How much time have you spent out this way? Not in uniform?" Tanner asked as he flipped the small knife between his fingers, it was just a glint of silver as it moved quickly over and under his fingers as he walked. He finally let a yawn leave him as the streets got a little more crowded with people. "Found it..." He smirked and then pointed across the street with his little silver knife. There was a building with a large Dragonblood Coven symbol spray painted on it. "That's probably where they hangout. Just a guess. Try to look and act less like a cop, will ya?" He said with a small laugh. "We ain't going over there if you're gonna be a cop." He was partly joking, but at the same time he didn't want to walk into a possible Vampire den without backup and reeking of cops.

She walked past and looked over a bit confused when Tanner seemed to be looking around for something. She would move over beside him to follow his gaze and see what he's looking at "I could look up your record and ask you, or I could keep screwing around and let your actions do the talking, yeah?" she keeps a bit of an eye on him, is that... nostalgia? She looks around a bit more, seems he knows the place it seems. She would take a sassy tone when asked how much she comes over here "I'm an Elf..." she says simply, pausing a few moments to let what that might mean potentially sink in. "I never casually go more than a few levels under where I live." Probably expected, damn elves and their damn ego's.

She looks over to the building he points out and nods, guess it's an advantage of partnering up with someone who knows the parts "I don't know what kind of impression you get from me, but this isn't my first rodeo. We're not going to that building at all, good to note where it's at, but we have no reason to go there yet. Den of Vampires, what could we possibly be doing there? Why would we be so curious? We have a lead sitting back at the precinct, if we can grill some information out of them, maybe we'll end up with more of a reason to come back here, until then, it seems like one of their boys is the victim, and if you want to appear less cop, asking about that is definitely not the way. If the vampire that did the attack was starved, chances are they don't really like the person that cut them loose. We should probably go question them first, they should be treated with blood bags by now. That's the lead we're following up to the top afterall, if it turns out they have a Blood Dragon tattoo as well, then we'll go from there."

“One hour and forty-five minutes to get you to take charge.” Tanner said glancing at his watch. “New record, last Elf I worked with cracked and called me a few ugly names after three full hours.” His first partner had been a light elf, a larger disagreeable man, who taught him a lot. “I agree with you, we should probably go back and talk to our lead.” He shrugged turned to look at her. “See... That building has always had one gang or another hanging out there. That symbol changes every time someone takes over this part of town. I know that, because I spent time in the lower levels. I know the things that live down here...”

Tanner smirked lightly. “I was on DEA. I was undercover my first two years on the force.” He pointed his knife blade again at the building. “I can walk in there, talk about anything and walk right back out because I don’t act like a cop or preppy upper leveler.” He flipped his knife in the air and caught it lightly then smiled his most Prince Charming like smile at Vornalla.

He turned and started walking back towards the car. “Last time I was down here that place was a Dealer’s hot spot. The were selling liquid moonlight, it was actually some pretty good shit... It looks like the Dragonblood Coven has taken over. I can probably call up my friends in the DEA, get some information on what happened to the moonlight dealers.”

She cocked her head to the side a bit, a curious gaze. 'He's been timing that?' She thinks to herself. He goes on to explain and talk about his previous partner and she smirks, shaking her head a bit "Congratulations detective, it took you a little over an hour and a half to determine that I am, in fact, an Elf. Maybe another hour and a half and you'll figure out my gender eh?" She interrupts, some sarcastic applause, the partial smirk taking a smug look." She allows him to finish, keeping a partial, amused smirk on her face. "So undercover is your thing. I suppose it's a nice advantage..." her tone has again become business "though this isn't an undercover operation, I suspect it will come in handy. I think you'd probably have to go in there alone if it came down to it. For now..." she starts heading back to where she parked.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea, may not necessarily tell us anything about this particular case, but maybe the dealers know a little more about the coven without actually needing to talk to them. I figure we could probably ask people around here too, but it's risky if this is their turf." They reach the car and she straps into driver seat, waiting for him to do the same before taking off to the lift again.

"Any particular stop you want to make before we head back to the station?" She would ask on the way back up to the top level. If there is no request, she speeds her way over to the station where they can see about questioning the vampire. They would indeed have been taken of, mentally stable once again instead of speaking vulgarities and trying to bite everyone that got too close.

"Just because I didn't say; Gee you're an elf, doesn't mean I didn't notice. I don't mean to sound like a racist or speciest..." He said with a hard shake of his head. "But!" He took a deep calming breath before he continued, "All you damn Elves are the same... Stubborn and arrogant." He said over the top of the car before he climbed in buckled the safety belt.

Tanner had simply shook his head at the question on a different destination, just a little annoyed at what he should be used to. Elves. Their personalities and attitudes... They didn't know what it was like to live in the lower levels. He sat down low in the seat and leaned back with another yawn, he was still tired. He watched out the window as they moved up the levels. He let his mind wonder a little bit as the levels got clearer and and cleaner, every time he rode the lifts he couldn't help but think about his own rise from the lower levels. The fights and struggles that used to be his everyday life... He absentmindedly pulled his small silver knife out again and started flipping it over and under his fingers, like someone might do with a pencil.

Once they were back at the station he seemed to realize he'd been playing with the knife again and tucked it back in his pocket with a chuckle to himself. He climbed out of the car and pulled his jacket straight. He followed Vornalla up the to the holding floor, he made a small detour to grab another cup of coffee. The Vampire was sitting in the interview room, she was restrained with an IV of blood. She herself was still covered in blood, she'd calmed down a great deal from earlier when she was a rabid monster lashing out at everything, starved and violent.

Last edited:
"Of course you noticed, I have freaking... gray skin, maybe a little hint of blue. Pointy ears. It's called sarcasm bud, if you're gonna be rolling around with an Elf again, may wanna get used to it. Nothing says 'egotistical bitch' quite like making fun of someone else's statements." it would seem they probably own their personality too. Maybe this one is just an extra piece of work, but at least she's more playful about it and not completely cold?

With no other destination in mind, she speeds right toward the police station as planned. Perhaps his former partner didn't know, but dark elves have their light sensitivity because they used to primarily live underground. The way the city is designed, there's about 80 levels, number 1 being the top floor where they currently live, and 80 being the ground floor. However, there are another 20 floors further under that where it's pretty much exclusively dark elf because most others find it difficult to live there, and dark elves aren't quite known for playing nice. Vornalla would know these depths and she only lives above because she caught a lucky break when she got employed in the upper districts police department. They are technically investigating in another police stations jurisdiction, but they don't usually complain because they're smaller due to fewer people not wishing to work in lower levels. Starting at about level 61 is when there is no security presence at all, and then 81and on is just a pitch black nightmare.

She'd been thinking about it, how he seems to think she doesn't know any better. Perhaps she did let life on top get to her head at some point, but her personally wouldn't have been much different then anyway, might even have been worse. She looks over to see him playing with the knife again and eventually pulls in to the police parking after being identified at the gate. After climbing out of the car as well, she would ask "Any particular reason you seem to randomly, and potentially unknowingly, play with your knife?" She would walk with and talk a little bit, but she would split ways when he goes for coffee and she goes to the interrogation room the Vampire has been setup in. They're seated in a small, monitored room with cops and detectives able to look and hear inside, but nobody in the room can see or hear out of the room. It's pretty comfortable though, it's not a psychiatric ward, it has some nice furnishing and decoration. Vornalla would await her partner to discuss who was going to be good and who was going to be bad. Problem is, everyone knows they're guilty, they have video, witness, all that, so it might not be as effective since they actually need info that isn't a confession. In other news, the Vampire holds the cards on this one and the detectives will need to be crafty in their questions, get them to believe there's something else they can be nailed on, maybe make a deal.

Tanner shrugged off the question about his knife, "Habit..." He muttered softly, not wanting to share that part of his life. As he made his cup of coffee he left a message for his former Captain in the DEA, simply stating he had a few questions and to give him a shout when he could.

Tanner came back with his coffee sipping the boiling hot liquid. He wasn't sure how much caffeine the human body could take, but he wasn't jittery yet so it was probably fine. He stood their silently for a long moment studying the sight before him... The Vampire. He was studying the way she was holding herself and the state of her clothing. She wasn't unlike some of the Vampires he'd known while he worked undercover. She seemed jumpy, under the surface, her clothes were unkempt with frayed hems and tears. Her hair was dirty and uncombed, it had several large knots down the length of it. "She's a user..." He finally spoke over the top of his coffee mug. "It's something harder than Liquid Moonlight." He blew gently on his coffee, which was still far to hot to drink. "How would you like to handle this, Boss?" He kind of hissed the last S in the word, holding it for a second long than was needed.

His cuff pinged with a message, all it said was; "500 hours." He smirked and flicked his wrist to dismiss the message.

She'd let him off, but she isn't exactly going to forget this. Must be a fun life, one detective with another, at least a normal person is probably more likely to actually let it go. She would have been observing the Vampire until Tanner returned, they do seem like an obvious junkie, she just wouldn't know what, she never really worked narcotics. She was more about the robberies and homicides, that particular scene from the alleyway was just a bit of a surprise. She was thinking about she wanted to approach this. It's different from most interrogations seeing as they're already convicted of a crime. Good cop/bad cop probably wouldn't go so well, a lot of these techniques are for getting a confession, but what all does this person even actually know about the situation? She looks over when Tanner finally arrives.

"Stronger than Liquid Moonlight hmm? Do we have a blood sample before you started filling them up with the IV? We're going to want that tested to see what this stronger substance might be. As for handling this, I don't think there's really a concrete plan. I think we'll go on one at a time, make some small talk and try to learn about their personality a bit before we decide how to handle it further. The difference is, they kind of hold the cards here, they're already accused of a crime we have concrete evidence for anything we get out of this is a favor. We need to figure out what they already know in regards to their situation here, maybe we'll get lucky? I guess what I'm saying is that we have to wing it for now, gather some information. I'll let you go in first, I want to observe their actions and try to come up with a game plan if that's alright with you."

Tanner nodded softly and placed his coffee mug on the table, he pulled his jacket off and dropped it over a chair. "It's been a minute since I did anything like this." He said as he pulled his gun, holster and all off his belt. He shook his head hard, mussing up his hair and then picked up a report tablet and tucked it under his arm then picked up his coffee mug. "Kiss for luck?" He joked as he winked at Vornalla, then he walked into the interrogation room. He walked over to the table and put his tablet down and then placed his coffee mug down as well. "Tanner McHaile, it is two-hundred hours, we are about to begin the interview of a possible homicide... Could you state your name for record, ma'am?"

Vornalla rolls her eyes a bit, they're partners as detectives in the SID, not THAT kind of partner. She goes to watch from the window and crosses her arms, keeping a close eye on the Vampire. It's true, she does kind of look a bit trashy or somewhat like a junkie, but she also seems very calm. The Vampire looks over at Tanner and licks her lips a bit "Oh man they really left you out of the loop huh?! I already confessed to the homicide earlier, no point, everybody saw me do it!"

"I have an eyewitness that says you weren't alone, before we continue, I just need to clear up a few things... Your name for one." Tanner wasn't looking at her, he was scrolling through the tablet like he was reading something. "Could you state your name for the record?" His voice was low and hollow, it sounded like he didn't want to be there.

She perked a brow at his claim of not being alone, fingers starting to tap the table a bit "Sure, my name is Tyra Vamor. And you detective..." she leaves a pause, hoping he'd fill in the blank, but would continue in a few seconds if he decided not to "Don't seem like you even want to be in here. Do I scare you that much?"

"No." He said with a small smile. "I had a date tonight and I had to cancel, again, because I am the only one on staff who has experience in dealing with these kinds of things..." He still hadn't looked up from his tablet. "Why?" He asked squinting at the screen.

She cocked her head a little to the right "Why what?"

"Hmm?" He looked up for the first time, his expression said he hadn't realized he'd said that out loud. "Oh... Sorry." He moved to slowly sit down and picked the tablet up again looking at it with a furrowed brow. "Did you know the victim personally?"

She yawns and looks over to what appears like a wall to you two in the room. It's no secret that others usually watch the interrogation rooms and she can probably smell them a bit. "Maybe, why does it matter?"

"Well... It seems you killed a ranking member of a gang..." Tanner reached without looking up for his coffee and brought it to his lips to sip it, but it was still too hot so he placed it back again. The reason he'd brought in the coffee was to try and mask the smells, he didn't need her knowing who or what his partner was. "Tyra.... Why would you go after him? Did he refuse to sell to you?"

"No..." she trails off and stops her tapping "I-I don't really want to talk about it. Can I just get sent to jail already?" obviously there's more to it. If anything, this response seems like it holds a bit of guilt if nothing else.

"Sorry, it's just routine...." He sighed again and leaned back a little, stretching out his back. "Are you currently on anything? Will you need to be seen by a member of medical before we processed?" He looked up at her again, there was a note of concern in his look.

She looks over to him "N-no, I'm not on anything!" the excitement returns a bit, as well as a small smile. Vornalla outside and talking amongst the others and suggesting they get the narcotics division to run a few tests anyway.

"The officers who arrested you made statements that they thought you might be on something... I'm not judging, I'm just asking." Tanner unbuttoned his left sleeve's cuff and rolled it up with another small sigh. "If you refuse medical I can't force it on you, but if you were to go into withdrawals it could be very bad." He looked down at the tablet again. "Are you refusing medical?"

She smiles a bit "I'm a Vampire, if you want me to get medical then let me have a little nibble! Just a small one, promise!"

Tanner smirked and looked up at her amused. "While that offer is tempting, I doubt my girlfriend would understand the new hickey." He looked back down at the tablet and tapped the screen a couple times. "I'll take that as a refusal..." He took a deep breath and frowned at the screen lightly. "Do you know who your victim was?" He asked again, his voice was low and his face showed concern.

She made kind of a 'darn' motion with a shake of her fist at the refusal "Oh well, can't blame me for trying! I still don't want to talk about it though." she keeps eyeing his face, deep down, she's scared, covering something up.

"Tyra.... I want to help you." He leaned a little over the table now looking in her eyes. "But this is not good... You're trying to take the fall alone of a murder of Dragonblood." He shook his head softly. "Are you sure you're ready to take full responsibility for this?"

She stares at him for a few silent moments and then looks away, towards those watching from the other room "I have no more to say..." she trails off and thinks about it. She's damned if she does, she's damned if she doesn't. She just wonders which is worse.

"Okay." Tanner leaned back into his seat and sadly shook his head. "If I release this report and make the statement you did this all of your choice, all of the Dragonbloods are going to want your head. If I simply throw you in the lock up, there's a real chance you won't see tomorrow. We will try to protect you, but I've seen it too many times... Gangs like this one, they have the money and the resources to kill under our watch. An eye for an eye is their justification."

Tyra continues to look away and doesn't make any response. Tanner would get a message from Vornalla that reads "I think it's best to just let her think about it for now. Keep her in a holding cell pending the trial and try again tomorrow. I'll speak with the prosecutor later and see if I can help with keeping her here for a few days. We'll probably have a lawyer watching next time if we get it."

Tanner looked at the tablet again and shook his head lightly. "Tyra, if you need anything... Anything at all, just tell them to call McHaile and I'll come. A kid like you shouldn't be in this kind of mess..." He stood up slowly and tucked the tablet under his arm again. "I hope he's worth it... Whoever did this to you... I can't imagine why you'd let someone just throw you away like this... But..." He shook his head again and reached for his coffee mug before he turned and left the room.

Once he'd closed the door behind himself he groaned loudly. "She's scared... And for a moment I thought I had her." He muttered with a slow shake of his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back