• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~Welcome to the Family~

Deary

~Vibing along the cosmos~

Since the dawn of time, man has hunted the unknown. Enslaved rare creatures for one's entertainment, or simply to add to their collection; because of these cruel acts magical beings have become endangered forced to go into hiding as a survival tactic. Their years of disappearance claimed the magical beings extinct ending the rule of such creatures. The encounters hunters have made told stories for years to come. Those stories eventually turned into myths and transformed into fairy tales or in encyclopedia books. Fairy tales of which are still believed to some.

It's the modern day era and we magical beings have adapted to live amongst the humans with the lovely use of something called: magic. Alas, due to the witch hunts the aftermath has left these beings endangered and defenseless. Their haven being a hidden manor deep in the forest has become their true home until something is done. Such a crisis demands drastic measures in repopulating their species. Thus having the only option to mate a human. Not just any human, but one with ancestral witch/wizard power. This increases the chance of possible breeding. These lucky few have been invited to a masquerade ball. A ball of which no one has ever heard of until the moment the chosen have been delivered an invitation. A black invitation with gold engraving on the front:

3.jpg

Inside, the lettering red with fancy, white borders.

Dear to whom it may concern,

You have been encouragingly been invited to a ball of your dreams.

There will be plenty of participants, foods, drinks, music of your liking and more.

Requirements for entrance is your RSVP, a dress/tux and most importantly a mask.

It's not a masquerade ball without one now is it?

-------Sincerely, Chiodos

Dear to whom it may concern,

You have been encouragingly been invited to a ball of your dreams. There will be plenty of participants, foods, drinks, music of your liking and more. Requirements for entrance is your RSVP, a dress/tux and most importantly a mask. It's not a masquerade ball without one now is it? -----Sincerely, Chiodos
Oddly enough, after reading the invitation, your thumb gets a paper cut causing you to wince as the tiniest drop of blood RSVP'S, forging you with your signature in which you assume is red ink when really it's your own blood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General: The ball will be a place where everyone will interact and basically imprint on their bride/husband to be. Choose wisely. I will be picking the pairings to see who I ship. Some will be at random. There will be trials along the way for you and your partner to fall in love. All of this will take place in the manor so nobody really leaves unless I say so or at least in the front yard or back yard is okay.

1. You may choose whatever creature you want as long as it's reasonable and must maintain human form using magic.
  2. Magical beings are living in a Victorian looking manor at all times not allowed to leave the premises without notice of your caretaker (me)
  3. Because magical beings are endangered, your background must consist of them being rescued, or raised at the manor and each of you are practically family (Think of X-Men)
  4. The radius of how far the barrier is and how far one can explore if allowed is: 25 acres of land (beings gotta explore and expand right? :P)
  5. You have a witch caretaker who keeps you safe and is your leader along with a few others

Humans have magic from their ancestors or at least are half breed but are unaware at the moment until the caretaker until further notice. You may be somewhat aware that you are not normal but not use your powers right away until then.

If you're interested go ahead and bump or let me know. :D

~Welcome to the Family~CS

Last edited:
I'm certainly intrigued, so I'll add my name to the list! However, I just have to ask; how long on average should our characters have been "rescued" and brought to live in the mansion? Would all their experiences of the outide, non-magical world be negative, or would some of them look back on that time wistfully? And is all this set in Victorian time, or only a Victorian mansion? If it is the latter, do they retain any types of technology within the building, or do they rely solely on magic? What kind of attire would they be given to wear, and would they be raised with any kind of specific education at the mansion? Obviously most of these questions pertain to the magical beings only, as they're the ones I'm most interested in.

Sorry if all these questions are a bit overwhelming, I just became really excited reading this.

I'm certainly intrigued, so I'll add my name to the list! However, I just have to ask; how long on average should our characters have been "rescued" and brought to live in the mansion? Would all their experiences of the outide, non-magical world be negative, or would some of them look back on that time wistfully? And is all this set in Victorian time, or only a Victorian mansion? If it is the latter, do they retain any types of technology within the building, or do they rely solely on magic? What kind of attire would they be given to wear, and would they be raised with any kind of specific education at the mansion? Obviously most of these questions pertain to the magical beings only, as they're the ones I'm most interested in.

Sorry if all these questions are a bit overwhelming, I just became really excited reading this.
That's fine :) that's what I'm here for. I'll answer your question in the ooc for others to see in case they have the same question

I'm very interested in this! I read through everything and will be more than happy to join. ^_^

Humans have magic from their ancestors or at least are half breed but are unaware at the moment until the caretaker until further notice. You may be somewhat aware that you are not normal but not use your powers right away until then.
Could a Human have been subconsciously using their magic ability and just never noticed it, or is it a strict "No usage" rule?

Also, RIP because I'm still considered a New User and I can't PM anything yet. A while ago I could; I'm guessing the requirement changed? Regardless, this is annoying. :-_-lines:

Also, RIP because I'm still considered a New User and I can't PM anything yet. A while ago I could; I'm guessing the requirement changed? Regardless, this is annoying. :-_-lines:
As far as I know, the requirement did change a little while ago, but it went down to 1 post and an avatar, so I dunno what's going on there

As far as I know, the requirement did change a little while ago, but it went down to 1 post and an avatar, so I dunno what's going on there

Huh. I'm not sure why I can't start a conversation, then. Curse me and my noobness as this is probably something easily solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back